UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 05-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #26
Mercutio
Banned

Thanks bud Greg, Curse up and use Skull Bash again.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #27
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

Alright Gible, use Strength to smash him through a rock, then use Outrage
bigtukker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #28
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Bulbasaur Round 6: With Madness Comes Outrage

Greg starts the round feeling confident and fires his ATT stat into a godlike state with a Curse while adding to his DEF and destroying his SPD stat. This doesn't make the little Gible sit pleasantly and thus she walks over to the super slow and concentrating Electabuzz, uses her Strength to pick him up suddenly, and throw him into the nearest rock, destroying the rock with the momentum of the crash. The Electric-type stares in disbelief that the little thing managed to pick him up in the first place, but still, lowers his head once more in a Skull Bash of massive proportions and races headlong into the Ground-type, dealing a super massive amount of damage. This knocks the wind out of Gible, but doesn't quite knock her out. And, as a result, she gets super mad and lets Out her Rage, pummeling into [b]Greg[/]b as best she can with her tiny arms and blue dragon-type flames everywhere. After quite a few hits, one of them makes the Electric-type stumble backwards and the two separate, leaving Gible positively dazed.

Gible is now well into the second half for damage, bordering on that critical region. Energy usage was high, heading for a decent way into the second half. Greg a fairly strong hit or two this round as well, now a good way into the second half. Energy was massive, heading into the second half by a good way. Gible has an ATT boost and is very dazed, Greg has a super huge ATT boost and a DEF boost while being super slow.

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge

Last edited by Insidious_Dreamer; 05-13-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #29
Mercutio
Banned

Haha, stupid curse being stronger than Agility >.< Also I assume you mean 'second' hald for Gible.

*awake and drink*
Old 05-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #30
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
That's what it says, right?

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 05-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #31
Mercutio
Banned

Old 05-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #32
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

Let's not get picky on energy cause I expect Electabuzz finish us off anyway sooner or later. It is slower so we could make advantage of that. Use Earth Power first. I expect he will do anything to knock you out with a physcal attack. So in that case counter his attack with Strength by grabbing his arm, leg, tail or whatever is in reach an smash him into another rock. If it uses a speed enhancing move first however, send out a Dragon Pulse while turning circles as fast as you can.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:47 AM   #33
Mercutio
Banned

Quick Attack to dodge the Earth Power, striking her if possible. Then see how she grabs onto a Psychic. If she's not dead and you can knock her out with a Hyper Beam after that, feel free to use it at the necessary power. Potentially three.

Last edited by Mercutio; 05-14-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:06 AM   #34
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Bulbasaur Round 7: Speed Bonuses...

Greg is indeed the slower of the two. Gible starts with an Earth Power, carving up the arena, sending rocks flying as the ground turns itself inside out for the attack. Greg tries to dodge with a Quick Attack, but a boost on that slow speed isn't going to help much, and the Ground-type still manages a partial hit, knocking him around a bit. With that done, Psychic of the Wave-type, since the Electric-type isn't all that familiar with the Psychic-type, is thrown across the field from the Electabuzz, smacking into Gible, while she decides that grabbing onto it is a bad idea. Then, as a finale, Greg gets up once more and fires off a QC Hyper Beam, the small orange beam colliding with the Ground-type and sending her flying, landing hard on her back and not moving afterwards.

Gible is unable to battle! A second from bigtukker pls.

Greg is feeling pretty beat-up at this stage, with his energy dropping into the position decent-well into the first half. Health took a pretty large hit as well, heading for well into the second half.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 05-15-2010, 04:49 AM   #35
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

Alright, Meditite your turn! Use Fake Out first! Then counter a physical attack with Brick Break or a special attack with Focus Blast
Old 05-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #36
Mercutio
Banned

Excellent work Greg. Take a breather and take his Fake Out like a man. Then use Light Screen. Then, because the ASB is all about hitting stuff really hard nowadays, use Thunder, sending it over the screen and into his tiny dual typed face.

EDIT: Conserving energy is for losers.

Also, ID, how's my psychic/ice energy? And I love your new sig

Last edited by Mercutio; 05-15-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #37
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

^^ Agreed on this one :P
Old 05-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #38
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Bulbasaur Round 8: Conserving Energy is For Losers

Thanks boys - I love my new sig as well. <3
Greg is at around about half in his Psychic and Ice-type energy reserves.

Greg pulls himself out of the ground, having already used a three-mover, he is pretty damn tired at this point. But, his trainer is still making him do work, and well, ok, but srsly he needs a break. He watches as his fallen foe is replaced with a Meditite that is very masculine in its curves and dual-typing. The first thing the fresh Psychic/Fighting-type does is a Fake Out, racing in a straight line towards the Electric-type and smacking into him with a Tackle's worth of damage that is startling due to the fact that it's so obvious an attack. Spending the rest of his Psychic-typed energy in one shot, Greg goes for a Light Screen, which is enough of a special-type looking attack that it prompts a Focus Blast from the newcomer, only to find that firing the massive ball of Fighting-typed energy at the glass wall is about as silly as getting tricked by the attack in the first place. The wall takes the entire attack and dissipates immediately afterwards, the Focus Blast being strong enough to take out the screen in one blow. Thunder is the final comeback from the Electabuzz, firing a ton of energy in the electrical form at the Meditite, thoroughly frying him.

Greg took no damage, and stays as at last round. Energy took another nosedive and he is ridiculously tired as a result, now past the decent way into the second half with a panting breath that is so obvious, he's drooling. Meditite took a ton of damage this round, and is already past that decent mark into the first half. Energy was large, heading past a good-decent way into the first half.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 05-16-2010, 05:25 AM   #39
Mercutio
Banned

Don't know why I even asked when I decided to use Light Screen lol.

Greg, Skull Bash into Thunder Punch. If he bides, replace the second with "run away and hide behind a rock" or something.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:42 AM   #40
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

Use Flash as fast as you can to get rid off that Skull Bash. Then if it still comes with that ThunderPunch, use Signal Beam before it can attack, if it just stands there or he does something undangerous. just Calm your Mind for next round.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #41
Mercutio
Banned

Not that Electabuzz can use it ( >.< ) but do you mind the use of baton Pass and U Turn bigtukker? I assume not since you asked for the Firewater match but it always pays to check
Old 05-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #42
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

no problemo ;)
Old 05-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #43
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Bulbasaur Round 9: A Flashin' 'Tite

Kush, not sure why it has become a custom to ask for the use of U-Turn/Baton Pass in matches. They are the only way you can switch in a Switch=KO match, so they are always allowed.

Greg starts the round by lowering his head, just fast enough to get the initiative over his new opponent and he notices the whole room go white around him, probably due to the Flash that the Meditite just used. Not that it's going to be of much concern as he can still see, for the most part. He races headlong towards the Psychic/Fighting-type, and manages a complete miss on the part of the dodging from the little dual type. Partially enraged by this, he turns, musters his energy once more and tries a Thunderpunch. But the time for the Meditite to rip out a Signal Beam was long enough, and he gets smacked in the face by the Bug beam.

Greg is looking worse for wear, on that energy front, with 1-2 more attacks in him before he falls from exhaustion. Damage to a hit this round, and he is standing by a wafer thin piece of hair that's propping up his tail. Perhaps the wind will cause him to faint. Meditite took no damage this round, miraculously. Energy was moderate and now getting close to well into the first half.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 05-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #44
Mercutio
Banned

Probably because Muyo/Jerichi said it was that way.

Also, Lady Luck and I shall be having words.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #45
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Well, I've never had to ask about whether or not I can use it. And I never will. Seems silly.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 05-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #46
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

Hmm... strange I thought I ordered already. Finish it up with Bullet Punch. If it survives some how use Bullet Punch again. If you don't survive take a deep breather and prepare for next battle.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #47
Mercutio
Banned

Greg, return. You've done well.

Joely, let's party on your début battle. Ominous Wind, Hypnosis.

Quote:
Joely (Level 1 female Drifloon); Joely is a happy go lucky Drifloon who against all logic and reasoning I caught in Johto. She was floating around the Sprout tower, playing with the Belsprout and having tremendous fun on the winds found at the top of the tower. It turns out that she used to belong to a trainer from Sinnoh, but she'd been abandoned when the trainer in question realised that she couldn't do an epic Ominous Wind like fantina's Drifblim. I took pity on her, took her in and trained her up.
Sig training: "It was the dog"; Joely's Ominious Wind, instead of being moderate power, is now at the same power as Thunderbolt, but costing 1.25x the energy of a Thunderbolt.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:29 AM   #48
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Bulbasaur Round 10: Evil Return

In a move that perhaps quite a few were not expecting, Kush returns his almost dead Greg and according to the rules, it's a classified KO. Thus, he sends in a new one to replace the Electabuzz and that's his Drifloon, Joely.

Joely starts with a lovely entrance, spinning gracefully before she gets whacked in the face from the Bullet Punch. Adding to her spinning, she stabilises only to get a second Bullet Punch straight to the face. Adding to her annoyance factor quite significantly, Joely turns up the heat with an Ominous Wind, dealing the SE damage without breaking a sweat. The surprised Meditite can do nothing to prevent the next attack as well - Hypnosis - and falls straight asleep.

Joely is feeling great, with a small hit to her health being that far from perfect and good hit to her energy. [b]Meditite[/]b is now asleep, used minimal energy and took a whopping amount of damage, already into the second half of health.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 05-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #49
Mercutio
Banned

FC Shadow Ball, Ominous Wind if it lives. If he switches to Magnemite, replace the latter with Will o Wisp.

Who didn't see this coming I wonder?

Last edited by Mercutio; 05-18-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #50
bigtukker
Boulder Badge

Try to wake up as soon as possible. If you keep sleeping use Sleep Talk both turns at least. If you wake up let's surprise Kush and his Baloony (P&F-pun intended) by Baton Passing to Poliwag.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL