UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 03-30-2016, 02:04 AM   #76
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Extremespeed then ice beam

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 03-30-2016 at 03:20 AM.
biggggg5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:40 AM   #77
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Ancient Power after Extremespeed. Simply Safeguard from Ice Beam if he isn't down somehow.

"Meteor Jam!"

Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:40 AM   #78
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
I'mma just get straight to the point as there is no point of dragging this round out.

Snowball uses an extreme burst of speed to crash into Luna who holds back on attacking and causes some decent damage which then makes the Claydol go into action with some Ancient Power, knocking the Dragon out for real this time. Yay for everyone getting this done right!

Snowball is actually down this time! Last Pokemon and orders from Big!

Summary:

Luna is nearing its final third, good on energy and 1/3 rock remaining.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:27 PM   #79
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Alright Vegeta let's go. Start off with Needle arm then go for an energy ball. If it floats too far for a needle arm bring it down with a vine whip.

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:26 PM   #80
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Psychic to push him back as he approaches for his first attack. Psychic to burst the Energy Ball. Psychic.

That's a three, the best three ever, not shameless at all.

"Meteor Jam!"

Old 03-30-2016, 10:56 PM   #81
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Swadloon Round 16: The Saiyans are a true warrior race, don't understimate us!

Here we are, two battlers and one is down to their final Pokemon but who exactly is that Pokemon. Big, throws the ball onto the arena and it seems to be a hulk of a creature. A Chesnaught, actually. But with one heck of an odd name, sorry biggles. But you kinda did name this Chesnaught after the prince of all Saiyans. Yep, this Chesnaught's name is none other than Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB Dex
Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting): Chesnaught's bodies are covered by an extremely durable wooden carapace, allowing them to guard themselves from physical assaults. Any physical attack that hits their shield or arm guards will deal only 80% damage. Additionally, their shell grants them extra protection against concussive force and any move involving bursting or explosions that hits their shell will be greatly reduced in damage. They have two vines hidden on their heads that they can extend to use to manipulate objects and Pokémon and attack. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.
[Grass]: Grass-type Pokémon live anywhere that can support vegetation, though most prefer temperate to tropical climates, and are adept at concealing themselves in areas with lots of vegetation. Grass-types enjoy both bright sun and rain and fight more enthusiastically in the day time, though they are not put off by fighting at night. Rainstorms will heal them slightly every round the rain falls, while excessively bright sunlight will regenerate their energy instead. Healing moves cost slightly less energy when used by Grass-types and their draining moves will heal them by a greater amount (without draining any more from the opponent) while suffering only half of the usual diminishing returns. They are immune to spore based techniques like Sleep Powder and are more adept at using such attacks themselves, creating denser concentrations of spores which are harder to disperse and more potent in their effects.
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allows them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and are more adept at blocking and countering the physical strikes of attackers. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.
So there.

Anyway, with a new 'mon comes new fun times. At least, we very much hope so as Vegeta extends one of his vines up to reach Luna as a regular 'mon would. Y'know, bring them closer to make hitting them easier and the likes. Not as if though anyone is exactly good at hitting a far away object. I mean, some Pokemon might be better at that than others but really, that means little in this battle at this very moment...

Anyway, Luna realises this extremely quickly and decides on a very straightforward yet very boring strategy of "LET'S TYPESPAM". I know, it is very effective and all but... Eh, what the hey, I'm not battling. Anyway, Luna's eyes glow blue as a wave of Psychic energy goes and washes over the vine, pushing it back, and then goes crashing into Vegeta for a hefty amount of SE damage but y'know, that could've been much worse.

How much worse? Probably thiiiiis much worse but it wasn't. Vegeta decides to go on the ranged approach this time around as he pulls energy from within him to build a green sphere in his hands. Almost like a Galic Gun but not quite because this is Pokemon and not DBZ, Vegeta shoots the sphere forwards with a brilliant and radiating aura of POWER! and it feels as if though it has been traveling for quite a while but something happens, something called typespam and anime!splosions.

Yep, Luna is back at it with guns-a-blazing Psychic type enthusiasm. Also Ground type enthusiasm but that is very much besides the point seeing as Grass beats Ground. None of that mattering right now because Luna decides to pop Vegeta's bubble in a very literal manner. Luna compresses more of that Psychic energy and shoots it forwards to burst the Energy Ball. The wave washing forwards over the ball which explodes and catches Vegeta in the blast as it is still quite close to him. Psychic did get weakened somewhat though.

Oh yeah, Luna has a third Psychic to give to Vegeta. Very much a rude move which makes Vegeta scream in pain. Would Vegeta actually do that? Idk.

Summary:

Vegeta went crashing through his health, already below half-way and sitting just outside of the final third but he does have the lead there. Good for two.

Luna took no damage but entered critical energy. Could use a break.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 03-31-2016 at 04:01 AM. Reason: GRAMMAR
Old 03-31-2016, 03:53 AM   #82
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Psychic. Rest.
Replace Rest with Extrasensory if Psychic fails to initiate.
You did well, Luna!

"Meteor Jam!"

Last edited by Chalis; 03-31-2016 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:32 AM   #83
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Sunny day then Final Flash I mean solar beam

Old 03-31-2016, 07:21 PM   #84
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Swadloon Round 17: Final Flash!

What happens when I decide to ref after being woken up early by neighbours? Idk but you two will soon see the result as we once again return to this tropical beach where both of our combatants are looking awfully beat up right now. Vegeta who just came out last round is already looking like an old man who went to war, er, I guess battling all those villains in DBZ could technically count as going to war but in all honesty, none of that matters at all. At all~.

Anyway, Luna starts this round off, a round which promises to be nice and peaceful... Who am I kidding? Nobody, that is who. As I was saying, Luna starts this round off by making its eyes glow a deep blue colour as the Claydol taps into its inner-Psychic and washes forwards a wave of Psychic energy which looks extremely hypnotic and also quite painful, as we soon learn from Vegeta who screams in pain before even having the chance to relax after the unrelenting typespame from last round, sad times are indeed ahead.

Well, Vegeta is not one for dwelling on sad times and instead he wants to rule the world just as everybody wants to rule the world. He lets out some tears for fears before charging what seems to be a orange ball into his hands, this ball looking somewhat unstable while also radiating heat. The ball get shot up into the sky, parting any clouds which were in the surrounding area. It seems like we might get a news update soon about the weather forecast but you'll have to stay tuned for that one.

Luna sees the clouds part and decides that this picturesque setting is a perfect one to fall asleep in, yes, a little rest would surely make one feel much better while no clouds are in sight. Personally, I wouldn't fall asleep but I guess restoring energy at this point in the game might prove extremely important to securing victory, probably not because nothing has yet gone down on 'Champ's side but we shall soon see, won't we people of the match?

Vegeta isn't one to disappoint as he spots the Claydol drifting off to the Dream World, it seems that in Vegeta's opinion 'such impudence is deserving of a beating'. I wonder what on earth he could mean, maybe a Gen I Hyper Beam? Surely not, he's not even a Gen I Pokemon which makes you wonder... Oh, what's this? Vegeta seems to have charged some Grass energy in his hands and now has his arms backwards. He shoots these arms forwards and bombards Luna with a massive dose of Grass energy, all the while shouting "Final Flash!". It seems his DBZ antics cannot be stopped by anyone as Luna is severely hurt and woken with barely any energy restored.

Summary:

Luna is still losing the health race with Vegeta not far behind, both nearing critical somewhat. Energy wise, Luna is still very much in critical and Vegeta is still quite fresh. Both can go for two.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 03-31-2016, 09:39 PM   #85
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Solar beam x 2

Old 04-01-2016, 02:39 AM   #86
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Drill Run under an attack to strike, then accept your fate.

"Meteor Jam!"

Old 04-01-2016, 04:02 AM   #87
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Swadloon Round 18: Boom.

Vegeta grins as the sky is up, which will make his Solar Beam much quicker than before, he charges and fires the energy as he once before did towards Luna. Luna tries to dodge but considering how quickly the Solar Beam had fired, it had no chance. As it is, Luna barely had any energy whatsoever.

Luna is down! Next Pokemon and orders from Machamp-X please!

Summary:

Vegeta is good on energy and hasn't moved health-wise which is sitting a ltiny ways above critical. Good for two.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 04-01-2016, 05:33 AM   #88
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Return, Luna! An exceptional debut.

Crystal, finish him off, boy! Dazzling Gleam twice, no thought there.

"Meteor Jam!"

Old 04-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #89
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Protect from the first one and then endeavor

Old 04-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #90
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Swadloon Round 19: Who's That Jolly Jumbuck?

Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda, you'll come a waltzing Matilda with me. Who's that jolly jumbuck you've got in your tuckerbag? You'll come a waltzing Matilda with me. Ah yes, the song that so many Australians say should be our national anthem even I agree with this but of course, neither of you are Australian therefore making it entirely obsolete and lost on you both. Does the rest of the world have any cool slang? Probably not but hey, Aus does!

Anyway, Crystal comes back on out and into the arena. Looking around as her dazzling ribbons dazzle in the dazzling sunlig- Crystal is a guy? Doesn't sound like a guys name but hey, I'm not one to judge when it comes to giving names to Pokemon. Anyway, Crystal believes it is time to do away with the Chesnaught so he charges his Fairy energy and blasts it all over the arena... Well, not that severe but whatever. Anyway, Vegeta simply erects a shield and protects himself from the SE attack. Like they were ever gonna take him alive! Well, to be truthful, that could've really hurt him down but the Pokemon wouldn't have a clue about that, thankfully or not thankfully. Either way. Now onto Vegeta and his massacre!

So yeah, Vegeta is still standing after all this time which angers Crystal, surely he must be going down this round, right? Right..? I guess we'll see as Crystal launches another Dazzling Gleam into the direction of Vegeta. He stands his ground and the fairyness washes over him like water. Non-alcoholic and very refreshing, go water! The light soon clears and all we can see of Vegeta is that he's lying face-first in the sand, unable to go on as he has been well and truly defeated. I'd make a TFS reference but I don't want to press the Goku button. Er, that is a reference. Y'know what? Never mind that. Vegeta is down and out so I can press the Goku button all I like and it seems that Crystal is doing just that, the ultimate disrespect against a fallen foe.

Vegeta is down! Machamp-X and her team are victorious!

Machamp-X gets 3 KOs and 6 TP
Biggggg5 gets 3 TP
I get 3 SP, giving 1 SP to SR for reffing contributions, leaving me with 2 SP.
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko
Old 04-02-2016, 12:06 AM   #91
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Alrighty, Thanks for the battle both of you. Good job with that slyveon Machamp.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:47 AM   #92
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Good game, bigg! Thanks for reffing, Chiko and Silent!

"Meteor Jam!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL