UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #76
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Continue the pressure! Use your close proximity by punishing him with another Drill Peck, followed by a Shadow Claw.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Extroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #77
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

Move backwards before using Quick Burst Agility to get around him to avoid the drill peck. If he spins off into the woods, send an Energy Ball with him. If he manages to keep his balance and stay close, Thunderpunch him in the back.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #78
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 19: Paws and claws ablaze!

The Prinplup feels that he should pour on the pain while he still has the chance! Intending on Drilling their for in one last time, Napoleon readies to charge and Peck the downed medicham. Nitro, however, slides his foot forward and shoots backward with surprising Agility, making Napoleon trip up!

Exploiting his opponent's fleeting flop-up, Nitro's fist glows and crackles like Thunder. Sporting a fighting bellow, he slams into Napoleon with another Punch! This blow makes Napoleon downright scream in disbelief, so much that it echos into the woods! In the trees nearby, a Noctowl swoops out of it's resting place and looks about. It eyes up the two pokemon...And merely flies off...Anyway, Napoleon carries himself back up. Hoping to get back at his foe, and making up for his earlier failure, he cloaks his wing in Shadowy energy. He takes aim at the Medicham and swipes him hard and true, sharp as a Claw! The attack sends a pain through Nitro similar to what he dealt to his foe, with the same result to boot!

This is becoming down to the wire! It's still anyone's match!

Napoleon Took a rough hit! His health has dropped more, almost into its last third. His energy is about half now, with Flying reserves completely depleted and Ghost enough for another Shadow Claw. He's noticeably tired now, but he may be able to finish this!

Nitro got hit just as hard, but his health IS in the last third! Electric energy is enough for one last Thunder Punch. He used a good bit of energy, but is still good to go. He may just be able to turn this around!

Sparkbeat, the chance is yours!

Last edited by Trot Away; 09-22-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #79
Sparkbeat

I'm going to argue Napoleon should be more than a bit tired seeing as he used barely less than 2.5 HB's in the past two rounds.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:40 PM   #80
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Yeah, you're totally right. "A bit tired" was the wrong way to word it. "Noticably tired" is more like it.

EDIT: that's better, your free to order!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:42 PM   #81
Sparkbeat

Energy Ball twice.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #82
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Surf over Medicham to avoid either one of the attacks. Take a break after.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 09-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #83
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 20: Last stand!

Nitro is in bad shape, but that won't stop him from laying a hurting on his opponent once and for all! Taking advantage of Napoleon's fatigue, Nitro focuses his Energy into a greenish Ball. When it is fired off, it strikes the Prinplup fiercely! Napoleon can't help but cry out, because it really hurts. Nitro gears to take him down surely as he charges up another Ball of Energy! The second attack is just as brutal as the other, Napoleon just can't take it anymore! As he wavers, he can't help but feel overcome with disappointment..."so close..." His final thoughts, as he flops into the grass...

Napoleon is down and- Wait...huh?!? No...WAY!

Can this be seriously happening?! Napoleon is...nudging up!? He's still has some fight in him! He's clutching his wing as he eases himself back up from the brink of defeat...He's barely still in this, but in it all the same! Nitro cannot believe what is going on, he was sure that would have did his foe in! He fails to fathom what happens next: A big wave headed right towards him. Napoleon Surfs on top of his wave, powered by his unyielding perseverance...and slams it right into Nitro! The round ends with Nitro soaked and winded. And Napoleon clutching his wing again, but otherwise full of energy!

Wow, wow, wowwowwow...WOW!

Nitro is pretty much near critical health, and is quite winded now...Did I mention he is out of grass energy?

It's almost a miracle that Napoleon still stands, he is hanging by a very VERY thin thread! He is refreshed and ready for anything!

Can Extroph end this in what seems to be this final round?!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #84
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Keep him distanced from you with a double dose of Water Gun.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 09-22-2014, 09:48 PM   #85
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Forgive me for being naive, but might I ask, what is that list for?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #86
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
Forgive me for being naive, but might I ask, what is that list for?
It shows that the Piplup line learns Water Gun, since it's not listed in Veekun~ Just in case

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 09-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #87
Sparkbeat

It's a list of event moves, which Veekun doesn't list.

A quick Round to end him.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #88
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 21: Turnabout!

With Nitro fatigued instead now, he is taking moment before gearing up to take his foe down. But Napoleon is ready for action...building up a good level of Water power, he fires off a powerful shot directly at Nitro, Gunning the Medicham down! The blast overtakes Nitro..."But...h-how?!" he thinks, before dropping backwards into the grass. Unlike Napoleon, he is definitely done!

Napoleon pants a bit, falling to his knees with scratches all over. He turns to his trainer and smiles, raising his wing giving him his best equivalent to a thumbs up!

Whoa....oh! Right, right, right! Anyway...

Nitro is down and can battle no more! Napoleon and his friends are the winners! Congratulations, Extroph!

Extroph earned 3 KOs and 6 TP for victory
Sparkbeat has earned 3 TP as consolation
Trot Away has earned 6 SP for reffing within 48 Hours

Whew! That was an incredibly close match! Who would have thought it would come down to the wire like that?! Type advantages aside, both sides gained and lost the upper-hand from time to time, and made the disadvantages work. Super Effective attacks helped win the day to an extent. Sparkbeat still had his 3-mover, mayhaps he could have turned things around at a point? Anyway, hope you enjoyed my reffing, folks. Until we meet again!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #89
Sparkbeat

So I really hate to be that guy, but I've been keeping tabs on both competitors remaining health. Taking maximum damage from all attacks, with the slight boost factored in from Prinplup's SC, Nitro should've been living by literally his minor or two. I didn't even factor in the slight amount of health that Drain Punch would've restored. I'd just like to ask you to double check your tabs on Health, because I honestly fail to see how the first Water Gun managed to KO.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #90
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
So I really hate to be that guy, but I've been keeping tabs on both competitors remaining health. Taking maximum damage from all attacks, with the slight boost factored in from Prinplup's SC, Nitro should've been living by literally his minor or two. I didn't even factor in the slight amount of health that Drain Punch would've restored. I'd just like to ask you to double check your tabs on Health, because I honestly fail to see how the first Water Gun managed to KO.
Maybe he refs the boost from Prinplup's SC differently? But idk, I'll let Trot explain his thoughts.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Old 09-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #91
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

I tried my best to keep track of everything that went down. That water gun actually just BARELY managed to KO, actually. Just like how Prinplup barely managed to survive those two Energy Balls. It was ridiculously marginal. In the end, those margins gave Extroph the victory...

I Prinplup gave him a (10%) boost when he hit a quarter health as per his species characteristic. Is that right?

I'm not sure what else to say, I may have made some minor miscalculations, but again, I did the best I could to keep track of everything! I don't blame you for being "that guy", i'd feel cheated too if things were this close.

If you'd like, you could have a rematch? I'll try my best to get things right then...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I give minor reductions for when orders include attempting to evade an attack. Assuming the stamina gap was wide enough. At most times, it was not.

Last edited by Trot Away; 09-22-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #92
Sparkbeat

Even though I didn't get any specifics, fair enough I guess. I just really feel like I got unfairly dicked over a few times in this match where I really felt I shouldn't have, but can't do much about it. See you guys around!

I'd also like to apologize for just being near unbearable throughout this whole match. I'm just not in the best of moods I guess.

Last edited by Sparkbeat; 09-22-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Sparkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL