UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra

Old 05-26-2017, 10:07 PM   #151
Sneaze
Quintessence?

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Kael stares awkwardly at the track as he's led out to it, watching as crates are lined up in a snaking pattern around the path. The Gym Trainer explains that Dianiv needs to first attempt to build up speed while avoiding the obstacles before then practicing going through them while managing her speed. Kael merely nods at the notion before letting the Aron out of her Pokeball and giving her a quick scan of the incompatible TM.

"Alright, so this track was set up so you can learn this cool new move, okay? First you've got to charge around the boxes as you make your way around the track, got it?" The trainer questions the small metal creature, elliciting a happy nod in response. "Great, then, after you've got the hang of that, you go through the crates, and try to keep your speed in check as you do."

The Aron lets out a small "A-ron!" happily before making her way over to the obstacle course and beginning her charge along the track in practice.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:28 AM   #152
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Your Aron, instructions dispensed, immediately begins her charge around the little obstacle course set up for her. She approaches the first box quickly, already having built up a bit of speed, but manages to skid around it. She comes at the next box at a bit of an angle this time, making it easier to adjust her trajectory to almost drift around the crate, leaving a little skid mark in the dirt as she turns towards the next one. She seems a little surer of her footing this time as she rounds the next one, having a bit more control and adjusting her speed without losing too much momentum. The fourth and fifth boxes are a breeze, and she manages to take the corners without issue, coming to the end of the line. Without breaking stride, she does a stylish turn, kicking up dust as she spins around. As if she struck a match with her skidding, she suddenly lights ablaze, this time charging straight through the boxes with aplomb. At the end of the course, she comes to an abrupt stop, the flame snuffed, leaving a path of smoldering destruction behind her. Dianiv's hide sizzles like a hot grill as she cools.

"Well, that seemed to go pretty well, if I do say so myself," Ines comments, seeming impressed, "I would say that your little Aron has successfully learned Flame Charge. Swish can take care of the, well, remains of the crates. Is there anything else you felt like doing this evening?"
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:30 PM   #153
Sneaze
Quintessence?

Kael watches as Dianiv weaves through the crates and builds up speed before sparking as she makes her turn for the return run. The resulting fiery charge through the boxes is amazing to watch, and the Aron cheers as her hide sizzles at the end of her run.

"That was awesome, Dianiv!" Kael leans over to pick up the metal Pokemon before touching his hand to her and determining she's a bit too hot to do so.

Ines comments on the learning of the new move before asking Kael if there was anything else he'd like to do.

"Um... I was hoping to speak with the Gym Leader, but I did find this flyer as well for a lost Stantler, and I need to make a call to see if this Stantler I found belongs to whoever posted that." Kael digs through his pack for the Pokeball so he knows exactly where it is when he does make that call.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2017, 10:08 PM   #154
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

"Oh, sure," Ines responds, "We can set you up on one of the video phones in the Gym. The Gym Leader will probably be a few moments as it is - I think he's actually just entering a Gym Battle, but I'm sure he'd be glad to speak to you once he's done."

Ines leads you inside again and shows you to one of the phones. You dial the number on the flyer, and an older woman answers, seeming a little surprised that anyone is calling her. You explain you found the flyer and that you've found a Stantler that was stolen.

"Oh!" she reacts, clearly a little shocked, "oh dear I thought we'd never see her again! Oh, Casey!" she calls, clearly beckoning someone, "this nice young man found your Stantler!"

You hear the excited cries of a little girl's voice in the distance before you place the Poké Ball on the transporter. It disappears in a brief flash, only to reappear on the other end moments later. The woman releases the Stantler immediately, and the little girl appears in the frame, hugging her Pokémon, who chitter softly at being reunited.

"We really cannot thank you enough, young man. Let me give you a meager gift as a token of our appreciation."

Through the transporter, she sends you 2 star shards and $800. You also find a Rare Candy wrapped in the bills.

"I know it's not much," she explains humbly, "but I hope it expresses our gratitude. Thank you again, young man."

Genuinely happy, she ends the call, and you return to the Gym lobby.

"All finished up? William isn't quite done with his battle yet, but I'm sure he'll be done soon. I imagine you might want a minute to freshen up, maybe prepare your Pokémon?"
Old 05-29-2017, 02:20 PM   #155
Sneaze
Quintessence?

Kael was happy to return the Stantler to its previous owner, and the older woman repaid him with a few nice gifts. He wasn't really bothered that it wasn't much, it was more the deed itself that mattered to him at this point. After finishing up on the call, Ines asks if there's anything else Kael wants to do, which gives him a bit of pause.

Digging through his pockets he produces 10 Star Shards and begins looking around the Gym for another vendor like the one in Goldenrod. He felt he had been neglecting Faolan as of late, and purchasing a TM Snarl to teach the Poochyena would be a great way to get him back up to par with the rest of Kael's strange amalgamation of a team.

Quote:
Old 05-29-2017, 03:27 PM   #156
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

You approach a Shard Salesman, requesting a TM Snarl. As if by some strange serendipitous twist of fate, the salesman just so happens to have one in his inventory, taking 10 star shards in exchange for the disc. As you finish your transaction, you're approached by Ines, who is accompanied by a young man with a shock of black hair and a pair of goggles perched on his head.

"You're the guy Auguste called about, right? Kael?" the man asks, "I'm William, the Violet City Gym Leader. I've been told that I owe you a Gym Battle for helping out my friend the next town over. I'd be glad to oblige, but as I'm sure you're aware, it's rather late, and my Pokémon aren't quite in fighting shape at the moment. How about you come back first thing tomorrow morning and we can have a battle?"

Before you can respond to his offer, you see a rather large man leading another man with a shaved head and white t-shirt out of the Gym. He motions to William and calls out, "HEY, LET'S FINISH THIS UP BEFORE THE SUN SETS!"

William turns to him and waves back, before turning to you again - "Yeah, I gotta finish up with this other guy as it is. So, yeah, see you in the morning, okay?"

William runs off, chasing the other two as they leave. Ines looks a little embarrassed.

"You'll have to forgive him," she apologizes, "He can be a little all over the place. I suppose that's to be expected of a Flying Gym Leader. Anyway, I guess that means we'll see you tomorrow, no?"
Old 05-29-2017, 04:52 PM   #157
Sneaze
Quintessence?

Kael is surprised as William approaches him explaining that now isn't a great time, but he's not overly concerned by it all. He had been out for quite a while after all. Ines apologizes on the Gym Leader's behalf, and Kael shrugs it off. "It's fine, I really should go make sure my companions haven't burned down the Center anyway."

With that he heads off, stopping at the PC once he arrives at the Center to discover he has yet more mail waiting for him, as well as a trade request. Accepting the request, he sends a single Rare Candy and two of his Star Shards in his last piece of Inquiry Mail and receives a TM Dream Eater in return. Once again he finds that the remaining packages all come from the mysterious Jeri Co. and he gladly accepts the Star Shard, Luxury Ball, Protein, three Hyper Potions, Muscle Band, Rare Candy, and TM Retaliate contained within.

After collecting his goodies, he gives a Rare Candy to Faolan, as well as scanning the Poochyena with TM Retaliate and TM Snarl, and giving him the Muscle Band to hold. He then gives his remaining Rare Candy to Niamh for now.

Finishing with his preparations for the next day, he decides to head to sleep, which first requires figuring out exactly where Ashaya and Bethany ended up boarding up.

Quote:
Old 05-29-2017, 08:05 PM   #158
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

With your preparations for your upcoming Gym Battle all ready, you go to find Ashaya and Bethany, only to turn around to see that they found you first. Ashaya is wearing makeshift curlers she's fashioned from some old bottles, while Bethany's hair is tied up in a piece of ragged cloth and her face is slathered with what is likely a mud masque.

"There you are," Ashaya quipped, "You've been gone for a while. Prepping your team for something, hm? Hey, Beth," she feigns calling, elbowing her companion, "looks like our friend here's got his first Gym Battle tomorrow."

"Oh, that'll be fun. We'll have to come watch."

"Have being the operative word here. Well, I suppose we all need our beauty rest to be prepared for the big day tomorrow, won't we?"

Ashaya and Bethany lead you to the room they've been camping out in - Ashaya hops on the top bunk, while Bethany takes the bottom, leaving you the single bed opposite theirs.

~~~

The next morning, the three of you find your way to the Gym not too long after sunrise. Ashaya decided to give her Pikachu a bit of fresh air, perching the rodent on her shoulder. You're greeted by a pair of Gym Trainers, who had just arrived themselves.

"Oh good, you're here a little early," Ines comments, "This is Ples, another one of our Gym Trainers."

"YO!" the rather large man booms, giving the group a salute.

"And who are these lovely young ladies?" Ines inquires.

"I'm Ashaya."

"Bethany, nice to meet you."

"Charmed - my name is Ines. Will you be joining us for the battle today?"

"We couldn't miss it," Ashaya smirks.

"Well, good. We always welcome spectators. William should be here soon. He's not exactly an early riser," Ines notices Ashaya's Pikachu, "You know, we actually just had another young man come by with a Pikachu last night. I'm not really supposed to do this, but, if you're interested, I can teach your Pikachu a special move since we likely have a few moments."

"Really?" Ashaya perked up, "Sure, if you're offering. No charge, right?"

Ines chuckled. "No charge." She turned to the rest of the group, "Ples will see you in and show you to the arena. We'll be right back - with plenty of time before the match starts."

Ines leads Ashaya off to a nearby training facility, while the group boards the blimp-cum-gym, taking a lift to the arena on its top.

"SO!" Ples booms, "Here's the arena - neat, ain't it?"

Bethany doesn't respond, but gives him a rather inquisitive look. You sit in silence for a few moments before you hear what sounds like a loud crash from below. Not too long after, Ines, Ashaya, and William appear. Ashaya is beaming, clutching Katya in her arms. William looks like he just rolled out of bed, gripping a cup of coffee like it were his lifeline. He approaches you and offers his free hand.

"Morning," he greets you, "Let's make it a fair fight, alright?"

He heads to the other side of the arena and performs a strange wake-up ritual, jumping up and down and slapping his face with both hands a few times before doing some showy stretches.

"That's the Gym Leader?" Ashaya asks, clearly a bit dumbfounded.

Bethany just shrugs.

"My understanding is that you're a new trainer? So looks like I'll be breaking out my beginners' team again. We'll both use three Pokémon, and if you can best me, you'll get my badge. I think I'll start with Woobat this time."

William casually tosses out a Poké Ball, a fluffy orb with bat wings and a big snout appearing. William fails to stifle a loud yawn.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:13 AM   #159
Sneaze
Quintessence?

Bumping quickly back into Ashaya and Bethany, Kael makes a mental note to maybe actually allow them to purchase some essentials so they don't look they just went dumpster diving on a regular basis. Shrugging off Ashaya's usual snark Kael hits the sack after finishing preparations for the next day.

The morning walk is nice enough, with Ashaya a bit more cheerful than the norm thanks to Katya's presence, the Pikachu riding on her shoulder on the way. Arriving at the Gym Ines welcomes the group and introduces them to Ples, the rather cheerful man he had seen the previous day, before Ashaya is offered training for Katya and she and Ines take off for a bit.

Genuinely surprised to see Ashaya using more smile than she does snark, Kael takes a moment to process the events of the morning before following Ples with Bethany in tow. Arriving at the top of the blimp at the arena, Kael is a bit shocked by it all, up until a crash from below shocks him for a moment. Noting that it was likely this training Ashaya's Pikachu was having, he made another mental note to ask later what it might have been for. Soon enough Ines and Ashaya came back to join the rest of the group, the latter of the two beaming, before William arrived, looking like death rolled over as he clung to his coffee.

Giving a short speech in regards to how the match would work, William tosses out a Pokeball to reveal a Woobat, giving Kael a bit of pause as to how he was going to handle the situation. Faolan could likely tear the bat down to size with ease, and of course Niamh was a regular powerhouse, but he decided that in the end they'd likely serve him better later, as William had yet to know that he had either of them, while Dianiv was revealed the previous day.

Grabbing the Aron's Pokeball, he tosses it onto the field, revealing the small metal creature. "Alright Dianiv, hit that bat with a double dose of Rock Tomb to start things off!"

Quote:
Old 05-31-2017, 09:33 PM   #160
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

"Hm, Aron? That'll be a tough one, but we'll give it our all, right, Woobat?" William calls out to his Pokémon, shaking off his sleep.

The fluffy bat responds with a chirp, readying itself for a fight.

"Try a Supersonic, then smack it with an Assurance!" William orders, brimming with radiant confidence.

With a chop in the air from Ines and a call of "Begin!" the battle starts. Dianiv begins with a reliable technique - gathering energy into the form of some firm stones, she chucks a Rock Tomb at her foe. The stones fly right for the bat, but the little puffball is not totally unprepared, losing a Supersonic sound wave as the rocks come crashing down. Woobat looks fairly unhappy as it is banged up by it and has its movement restricted by the tomb, but the annoyance is only temporary as Dianiv begins to totter about, clearly confused. Woobat takes some time to get free of the rocks, but has plenty as it is as Dianiv attempts a second attack, only to bonk herself on the head with one of the rocks she attempted to summon before it crumbles to dust. This gives Woobat an opportunity to strike, as the bat swoops in and strikes Dianiv with an outstretched wing and plenty of malice, displaying some Assurance of its abilities, with the schadenfreude from the Aron's flubbed attack fueling the move and dealing additional damage.

"Not bad, not bad. Calm Mind and Giga Drain, next," William orders casually.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:00 AM   #161
Sneaze
Quintessence?

Kael grimaced as Dianiv injured herself thanks to a jumbled mind, only to immediately be further punished by the Woobat's Assurance. But as William began to issue more orders he was already digging through his gear to prepare to gain the upperhand. Producing a Lum Berry, he tossed the berry towards Dianiv while shouting to gain her attention.

"Eat up and feel better, Dianiv! Then give that bat what's coming to it, hit it with another Rock Tomb!" His grimace turned to a smirk in that moment, "Then Head Smash."

Quote:
Old 06-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #162
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Hoping to rid your Pokémon of her addled state before it became too much of a burden, you toss out a Lum Berry to the little monster. She doesn't immediately notice it but sniffs a bit as it appears in her periphery, and is drawn to the fruit. With one big chomp, she swallows it almost whole, finding herself clearheaded almost instantly. While Dianiv busily chomps away at the fruit, Woobat is preparing for more with a Calm Mind, also bringing itself to a state of clearheadedness. The meditation is quickly dashed, though, as Dianiv retaliates against earlier assaults with another Rock Tomb, once again launching a set of stones at Woobat to bang it around and limit its movement. It seems rather perturbed by the attack, but not put off entirely, as it uses its improved concentration to unleash a Giga Drain, pulling little orbs of life energy from Dianiv in a greenish-yellow stream. Dianiv looks a little put off by the drain, but Woobat looks appreciably better, although not brought back to full health.

Although Woobat is out of orders for the time being, Dianiv is not, and she takes full advantage of the opening left. With her oblong head as down as it can be, she scuffs the ground and charges directly forward, doing a little leap at the very last moment. Head first, she smashes into Woobat, somewhat awkwardly clipping the bat but still managing to score a hit the flying Pokémon will not soon forget. Woobat manages to hold strong, but it looks like it was not quite fond of the exchange that just took place...
Old 11-01-2017, 12:50 AM   #163
Sneaze
Quintessence?

Kael is glad to see Dianiv recover and unleash her attack on her foe, but it's not for long as orbs of energy are drawn from the Aron and to her Woobat opponent. Kael's grimace returns for a moment before Dianiv charges headlong into her foe for a huge strike. The blow is glancing but it's still powerful, and that's more than enough to keep Kael's spirits up on the situation. Either way, he'd have to look into finding a way to get Dianiv some protection against such attacks for the future.

"Alright girl, if that bat wants to drain you we'll just have to finish this before it can anymore. Drop another Rock Tomb on it and hit it with another Head Smash."

Quote:
Old 11-08-2017, 05:24 PM   #164
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

"You're pretty confident, aren't you? Well, we'll just have to show you what we can do! Another Giga Drain and throw in another Giga Drain for good measure!" William orders with aplomb.

Dianiv, keen on keeping her foe in a corner, is first to act, once again managing to summon a ring of Rocks to enTomb her foe in a rocky jail, or at the very least, reduce their speed and mobility. As the rocks fly through the air, Woobat does not choose to take much notice, too busy sapping health from Dianiv with another bout of Giga Drain, the little orbs of energy transferring through the air right as the rocks fall down. Woobat is bandied about by the tomb, and looks a bit worse for the wear due to it, though the drain may have helped her stave off some of the worst of the damage. However, the Aron is far from done, and, head lowered once again, Dianiv charges towards Woobat. This time, Woobat is somewhat prepared, and attempts to take this opportunity to sap away even more health with another Giga Drain, managing to extract some energies from Dianiv as she races towards them. The intent of this plan is clear, but its consequences may not be all that were desired, as it leaves Woobat in a position to be struck squarely by the Head Smash, sending the bat careening over the edge of the arena.

Just as Woobat passes over the edge of the platform, a Sigilyph appears and intercepts the Pokémon, Woobat blipping shortly out of existence to reappear on the arena. However, when Woobat reappears, it is clear that the Psychic-type can not go on.

"Woobat is unable to battle!" Ines announces.

"Tch," William scoffs, withdrawing his Woobat, "Disappointing, but no issue."

He reaches for his belt and pulls off another ball, chucking it into the arena. From it appears yet another odd Flying-typed Pokémon, this one with a form more of a fish than a bird or other flier. The little ray bounces up and down, clearly excited to be battling.

"Alright, Mantyke, let's show them our stuff. Surf, and a Bubblebeam if that's not enough."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > New Bark Tundra