UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork

Old 06-19-2015, 04:29 AM   #1
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Weedle UPN Day: 2015 Edition

Man. Time certainly flies when you are something something. I can't believe it's been a year but that happens every year.

Feel free to talk about UPN, like how you found it or interesting things that happened to you. Or even where you see yourself next year on this date.

So like in the past, replying here will give you the ability to change your user title whenever you want. To be extra special, if you already replied to three of these in the past, I will change your username once. Look how nice I am.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:45 AM   #2
Mercutio
Banned

Instead of a username change can I please have my own Entei post icon!?

Anyway it's UPN day again and I am in a reasonably good place. Decent job which is admittedly about to expire, seeing a nice girl, probably the fittest I've been for a while. UPN is suppsoed to be melting away to the onslaught of real world niceness but it sort of isn't. I like it here. It has nice people, and Pokémon, and occasionally weird conversations.

Happy UPN Day!
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:50 AM   #3
Lady Kuno

Post icons are notoriously annoying to do because every person who wants their own has to have their own user group made and it's annoying to do. It's not a simple button somewhere to click on.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:56 AM   #4
Mercutio
Banned

That's ok Thanks!
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:43 AM   #5
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Anyhoo, another UPN Day. It hasn't been too long since I first joined UPN in comparison to the others I met here, the veterans, and the Old Ones. I've just finished my exams, have a bunch of RP stuff to work on, and also ASB, but it's alright, I love this place. Thanks for giving me somewhere that I can call home, with all these friends to boot.

Happy UPN Day, folks!

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.

Last edited by KamenAeons; 06-19-2015 at 06:27 AM.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:01 AM   #6
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Happy UPN day.
My life hasn't changed at all and my activity on UPN has declined but oh well.
*insert positives here*

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:15 AM   #7
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

This will be my third time posting on UPN day but I don't think I'll want a change in my username so...

But yea, anyway. Where do I see myself next year...I'd like to say that I won't be on here anymore because life is getting more and more busy but who knows!

Also I find it rather embarrassing I've been here this long and still haven't hit the Cascade Badge!! And that's my favorite badge!!!! Grrrr.
sweetbbydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:53 AM   #8
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Wow. My first UPN day and this place is pretty cool. Not much more to say, really. Except that I keep missing the SUs for Mafia games.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 06-19-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:54 AM   #9
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Pikachu UPN Day 2015

So, it seems today is very first UPN Day. I barely missed the one last year due to joining 11 days after.

Anyway, my story of finding UPN isn't a particularly exciting one. It was probably a regular day in the later half of May 2014. At the time, I was primarily on SPPf. I was pretty active in the Pokemon Anime Discussion, shipper's community, etc, but not ASB, yet. The topic of ASB was randomly brought up while I was discussing the anime with Typhlosion157 (Bakphoon), he suggested that I should join considering how into it I am. I was a little skeptical at first, and I will admit the squad making process was fairly intimidating along with the battling rules. Thankfully, a friend of his was very helpful for creating my starting squad. With that, I had my first battle against said person, Mew the Gato. Skip a few weeks in time, and he told me about a forum where a lot of ASB took place. Now, I think most people know that I'm pretty lazy about things like that when I'm not that interested. But on June 30, 2014, I made my account as I figured he knew much better than I did. And, I don't regret it in the slightest.

I was just posting within the ASB sub forum at the time, and even then, I didn't go into the TO very much until July started...so two-three days after I joined? Anyway, I was losing battles left and right, and just sticking to posting in the ASB. This eventually changed during October, as Schadenfreude was busy during the month due to Ebola, I decided to welcome him back and congratulate him for his contributions when he was able to return. He told me about Mafia, and that sign ups are still open. I figured that trying something new would be nice, but the rules were so complex, and I had no idea what to do despite being Mafia. So that got me out of the game pretty fast. So skip over a few months, I got banned twice in a row on SPPf, something I'm not proud of to this day. This essentially caused my progress in ASB to slow down dramatically, but I think it helped me to become more attached to this site, as weird as that sounds. Moving on, even after I got back on SPPf, I still find myself here more often. Now, I've decided to post more often outside of ASB like in Anime, and I've joined WF long after the "revival" attempt.

Enough about my story, I want to say I'm very thankful to this awesome community. I don't think I've ever meet or heard of a community that's this accepting to newcomers despite appearing so close knit. I've (I hope) made some good friends here and I really hope I haven't done anything to make your UPN experience worse. I definitely can't leave UPN if I ever leave ASB, really. In all honesty, I prefer this site much more than any other forum site. Smaller yet better community, better forum layout, and all the little details that improve the experience here.

I would add stuff about my favorite people here, but I'd end up leaving someone out, and I'll admit it, you're all cool in your own ways. I feel like anyone who would've been on this list would knew I'm referring to them (I hope). Kuno, you are incredibly awesome for having created and maintained a fantastic community like this over the years. I haven't been here a full year just yet, but I see myself sticking around for much longer. I want to extend a great thank you to both yourself and everyone on the staff. Happy UPN Day everyone.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:08 AM   #10
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
This UPN Day woulda been a lot better had I not seen Grey by E L James in my local store. I'd have rather been diagnosed with a terminal illness than see that.

I guess I can depend on you guys here to help drink that vision out of memory.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:26 AM   #11
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Holy crack, after five years of failing to get in here on time I'm finally here!

I've been a apart of UPN since 2001, perhaps even 2000 when I registered on one of Jaxel's later boards as "Shadow Rider". The only reason I signed up on UPN initially after that was EC (Hissing Arbok) told me I could post here where Archaic (who banned me from BMG) did not have so much influence.

I see a lot of people come to UPN through FB these days. Most have no idea that 15 years ago, I ran FB's only edition of Team Rocket with Hanatori as my lieutenant. It was fun, but I got a little antsy bringing in Digimon and Star Destroyers to the battlefield because I didn't want to lose.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #12
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

My first UPN Day as an Admin! Wow!
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #13
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I feel I've forgotten some things from before 2004-2005. I remember some, like in PASBL I think Muyo, Mozz and Loki were involved in a battle where Mozz's Sneasel exploded into calcium confetti, which he immediately cloned, and how I drifted apart from UPN in focusing on RPG Maker 2003 development.

One of the oldest topics on the post-Al Qaeda hack was this terror, where I thought I was listening to a murder in real-time. There's a lemon twist at the end, there.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #14
Chalis
Activating Rampage

My second upn day! I've been here for 1 and a half years (wow it feels so long I've even grown over half a foot since then), and I like the people here,even if im a boring person to talk to, I'm always friendly!

"Meteor Jam!"

Last edited by Chalis; 06-19-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:23 AM   #15
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I don't need a name change or anything, but I did want to come on here and say that, this year, I am particularly grateful for the fact that we now have our very own RPG subforum on UPN. It used to be that if you wanted to roleplay, you either joined FB or got really involved in your ordering at ASB... but now, with WF and the RPG forum, there are even more options available for people who want to RP. The RPG forum in particular is exciting because it allows people to expand beyond RPing with Pokemon and develop their own RPs. My hope for UPN for the coming year is an outpouring of RP creativity, however and wherever our members decide to express it.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:32 AM   #16
Lady Kuno

>People requesting usename color changes.

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:37 AM   #17
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I think I replied to 3 of these previously if memory serves.

Yeah, seakittenyfool was plugged as a jab at PETA too damn long ago. I'd like a name change to Raves.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:54 AM   #18
Connor
Flashbacker

2nd UPN day. Life is going good. Switched University course and am now significantly more happy and confident than I was to begin with. University life in general is going well and I am likely to go for course committee next year, possibly Social Secretary or VP if I'm feeling a bit more ambitious. Everything in general is going rather swimmingly and I doubt I'll drift away from this place anytime soon, so here's to many more UPN Days!
Old 06-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #19
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
2nd Day, had a lot of moments and met a lot of friends here! Here's to years to come!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:23 AM   #20
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
This is my... fifth UPN Day. If I'd been paying attention to the rest of UPN back in 2010 it could've been my sixth. But anyway, once again this site has been a pretty solid rock in the last year. Though I'm seriously scaling down activity in general, I've had a few changes in my life.

I'm single again, but by my own choice after realising that things just weren't working out at all. By far the biggest positive step is that I got a job that I actually care about, which makes 'Dave The Fish Guy' an actual job description rather than simply a username. All I really need to do now is move out of my parents' place, and now that I've got a job I like that's looking more and more likely. Even if Kush scuppered my plans by having to move away.

Don't need a name change and Kuno's already scuppered my plan to ask for a colour change so oh well. Happy UPN Day to all, see you for 2016's thread!
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:28 AM   #21
RealMrGame10
CAN'T BELIEVE KH3 IS HERE

Oh wow my first UPN Day...
That I was paying attention to

Welp, it's been an interesting year for sure

I haven't paid attention to anything or really kept up as much as I should have

I actually went on hiatus for a little bit because of issues between me and my parents in regards to amount of activity I did here for a bit.

But I think overall people know who I am a little better now

I got into a GM

I shirked responsibilities in ALL forums, not just ASB

Here's to hopefully not paying attention to my responsibilities a little better in the future.

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap

lol who knows
RealMrGame10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #22
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Sixteen years ... UPN is now old enough to drive a car in the United States!

I'll be spending my UPN Day this year working on my fourteen-year old car. Oil change, DIY spark plug change (eep!), etc. Wish me luck!

Last year was the busiest UPN has been in years. I want to say it may even be the busiest the Kuno-era UPN has ever been, though without actually sitting down and crunching the numbers who knows if that's right or not. Still: we've held onto a crapton of our burgeoning younger classes of veterans, we had a boatload of new sign-ups in 2014 that went far beyond the ten-posts-and-I'm-done phase, and a lot of the forums outside of ASB and FB have seen marked increases in activity now that newer and older forum gamers alike are finding UPN to be a sort of second home and are taking full advantage of what the main forums have to offer them. It was a good year.

And the first half of 2015's been just as good on that front, maybe even better! Here's to hoping that we enjoy just as fun and active a second half of the year as we have the first so far! To UPN! May she enjoy many more wonderful and happy years.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:41 AM   #23
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Hey, I've been part of UPN for a few years now, but this is the first time I've done UPN day. I'm probably the biggest stalker here on the forums, always on and practically never posting. I've always been a quiet one, but I may make my presence known a little more with playing Pathfinder with veterans Loki, Kuno and Talon. Perhaps my Pokemon Tabletop United system I've linked may also bring attention. *shrug* Either way, UPN is a great community and I'm glad to be part of it.
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:52 PM   #24
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Purrloin UPN Day 2015: Tryhard Edition

Well, today is my first UPN day. Woo. How exciting. So mainly because I have absolutely nothing to do right now, I'll type up my UPN story. [Warning: My memory is shit, so some historical inaccuracies may occur]

To start at the beginning, let's go back to 2013 real quick. A somewhat active clan and comp section, before sena ordered martial law on those who wouldn't accept the "guild" name change. A time of deep salt, and especially salty ice cream. Creamery Command brand ice cream, to be specific.

So back then, the form demon himself, King Of The Sluts, and some of the other people in the clan were doing this thing called "Anime Styled Battling." They talked about how cool it was and stuff, and after seeing some discussion over it xat I decided to give it a shot. This was before the Gen 6 changes, if you need a relative time. So I tried it out, and after suggestion from either MMS or Apollo77, I registered an UPN under the name of my then Serebii username, CrystalNinetales. I soon lost interest in PASBL afterwards though, so the account never really got any use out of it.

So flash forward to late 2014. I was getting sick of comp, and wanted something new. After one day, seeing my friends (or acquaintances, depending on their views) discussing PASBL out of the blue, I decided that even though I ditched it after a trial period, I might as well give it another shot. Anything, as long as it wasn't comp. So I restarted, squad and all, though I kept the 2 matches on my record, and got back into it. After a few days, I realized that it'd be much easier to play on both forums rather than one, and I went to the UPN site. Unfortunately, since the password recovery here is absolute shit, it toke me about 50 tries of spamming the button to realize "oh hey, it's never going to actually send". So, after a tiny bit of looking around, and some hoping that the staff here weren't as butthurt over alts as on Serebii, I made my present account.

From here I've done a few things on UPN, with notables being: GM III's Tbagging of phoopes' kadabra, participating in the death of a TO, pissing off people from the anime section, a negligible amount of Wild Future, and being that one guy no one actually likes, but really don't hate.

Or something like that. Cheers.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:00 PM   #25
Heather
Naga's Voice

Wow. My second UPN Day. So I've told the story of how I got here already, but here's an encore for those of you who weren't around for it-

It was a chilly February afternoon, sophomore year, after school, and my friend and I were talking, and somehow the talk changed to him telling me about ASB on SPPf. I took interest. However, I didn't realize that you needed a post count of like 5 or so to post in ASB there, and the help I could find said to "wait for mod approval" or something to that effect, so I thought I just had to wait, but I REALLY wanted to get going. So I asked my friend if there was another branch (because I remembered him mentioning one but wasn't sure). He directed me here. And thus, the apocalypse began. I had my time in ASB, up until my recent retirement, but this place is too special to me now to leave it for good. ASB, RPs, WF, patiently awaiting FB's revival and seeing it start to get in gear, Mafia successes and failures, more so failures, all good times, but what I value most is how accepting and nurturing the community can be. I've never felt so at home on any place on the Internet before, not even at the place my Internet life began, long dead as it is, and I have you all to thank for letting me know always that if I need a pep talk, someone can always give one, and that someone will always care, and that I am not alone in my burning hatred for the vast majority of modern American politics.

Also, I think it shows how long I've known you all that I started here as a sophomore and now, on my second UPN Day, I went on a college visit, as I'm a rising senior. It's been a long while, and I don't plan to go away.

HAPPY UPN DAY, FOLKS!

As for the UN change, the jury is still having a spirited brawl civilized debate on that front, so when I've got it decided, Kuno, I'll shoot you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork