UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #126
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Muyotwo - Please reply in mediumpurple!

The Abadoned Beach House calls to you once again, and you, finding yourself unable and unwilling to continue to resist its siren call, enter the beach house again. You are tasked with finding another egg before nightfall, something that will be quite the task. You look up and down the beach house looking for an egg, but you are unable to find anything. It's rather irritating, but you look up briefly and see there is one place you haven't looked in yet: the attic. Pulling down the attic door, you climb up the short ladder in order to get into the attic.

The attic is rather cramped, but seems to be almost packed with shipping supplies. There are also some...rather sinister looking things in here, like a scythe and other such things that seem out of place with shipping supplies, but you find something that catches your eye. It looks like a round, steel ball, but it is covered in what looks like fresh seaweed. Fresh seaweed would imply that its new, and you try to examine the object to see what it is. However, the object begins to shake, and rolls forward, rolling out of the attic and slamming into the floor below. You peek out of the attic to find that the object has broken in many pieces, and that a Pokemon seem to be looking at you. It looks like a possessed anchor and wheel with seaweed on it. It seems that you have hatched a Dhelmise!

Something else rolls past you, and its a small barrel. How that happened is beyond you, but it crashes into the floor, revealing a number of goodies for you to take.

x1 Grassium or Ghostium Z
x1 Aurora Veil TM
x3 Easter Chocolate Candies (Each worth 1 Rare Candy)
x1 Brand Name Bunny Suit: The user's healing moves heal 25% more HP and the user jumps 50% higher.

Please reply to this post to claim your gifts and your Level 1 Dhelmise.

DavetheFishGuy - Please reply in deepskyblue!

You pass up the egg, which didn't really interest you that much to continue looking for other eggs. The terrain gets a little easier at this point as its just hopping from pool to pool, looking for whatever might be contained inside of them. Your Wooper is simultanenously looking for eggs and having a solid time in the pools themselves, and despite being a slippery amphibian with no arms, it seems to be having an easy time moving to and fro.

Your Wooper is the one who finds the next egg, and you move over to it to see what it is. It seems to not be an egg, but rather some kind of silk egg-shaped object bobbing in the water. But its too conspicuous to really be anything else. The egg is in an air bubble and bobs just slightly under the water surface. It seems to be some kind of water Pokemon also, but unless you want to wade into the pool yourself, its going to be difficult to see what it is.

What will you do?
Old 05-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #127
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
myahoo (3/3) – After examining the deep pink egg discovered by Wildfire, Melissa is quick to realize the potential hazards of keeping a berry-like creature on a team where many of its members had developed a fondness for the taste or who would hunger at the smell. Once again, pink and white are not Melissa's colors, and she bids farewell to the second egg, admitting that it was probably best that someone else took it.

Wildfire and Cirrus both continue to fill their stomachs with berries while searching for another egg; suddenly, Cirrus lets out a surprised chirp at the discovery of two pink eyes staring at him from one of the hollows in the tree...

Pyuku mu? (Having fun?) Before the fluffy bird can answer, the creature within the hollow is gone – an Easter basket left in its place. After a brief once-over with his sharp eyes to make sure that the basket is safe, Cirrus dutifully picks up the basket and carries it down to his trainer for inspection – looks like there's an egg in here! The tan-colored shell immediately begins to crack to the sound of pecking, as an owl's face appears from the cracks. Its eyes fill with wonder at the sight of Melissa and her Pokemon companions. The little creature seems filled with hope that it might go on adventures with these brand new friends!

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Female Rowlet
- 1 Grassium Z OR 1 Flyinium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil
- 3 Springtide Chocolate Rare Candies
- 1 Bunny Suit (Held Item) – This suit allows a Pokémon to jump 50% higher than usual and increases the effectiveness of its healing moves by 25%

Congratulations on finishing your Springtide Event campaign! After replying to this post you may claim your reward.
Melissa followed her Pokemon, not really expecting to get what she'd come out here for. At best, maybe she'd get Pikipek, which was a bird, at least, but the other possibilities she'd be happy to go home with weren't here. She'd taken a gamble and fully expected to lose; with only one chance left, well, her luck hadn't ever really been that great.

Meanwhile, Cirrus let out a startled chirp as he landed next to a hollow and spotted a pair of pink eyes staring out at him, prompting concerned calls from both Wildfire and Melissa. He absently twittered a reassurance as the Alolan cheekily asked, "Pyuku mu?" and then disappeared, not even bothering to hang around for an answer. Cirrus blinked at the sudden appearance of an Easter basket, peered into the tree hollow to ensure that the Alolan had actually disappeared, and then eyed the Easter basket consideringly. A tan-colored egg, an odd diamond-shaped crystal, an Ice TM, three Springtide Chocolate Rare Candies, and some kind of fabric folded up under all of it as some kind of cushion. The contents looked right, based on what Melissa had read out to them from the trainer chats, and the egg was probably even the one she'd been looking for! Cirrus grabbed the basket's handle and brought it down to where Wildfire and Melissa were waiting at the base of the tree, watching him with some concern and curiosity.

He twittered cheerfully as they both turned their attention to the basket, fluttering to the ground so as not to tip the thing over.

"What did you find?" Melissa shot him a smile as Wildfire looked inside and then grinned at him.

"Quil quil!"

Cirrus preened at the praise, but, before Melissa had a chance to ask again, the sound of tapping became audible. The egg abruptly became the focus of three pairs of eyes and Melissa only had a moment to register the tan-colored shell before the egg broke open, a round owl with a green bowtie spilling out. The newly-hatched Pokemon fluttered to their feet and blinked up at the three of them, hooting out a shy, hopeful greeting.

Melissa sat down, still having trouble processing the sight in front of her, but her eyes were already lighting up and a smile was starting to spread across her face. Wildfire exchanged a look with Cirrus and left her to it.

"Quil," he said before the silence stretched too long. "Cyn da quil. Cyn cynda quil cyn da quil."

The baby Rowlet tilted their head to the side and glanced at Cirrus, who twittered his agreement with a nod towards Melissa. They looked back at Melissa, down at the rim of the basket, and then hopped to the ground, making their way over to Melissa, who still hadn't managed to find her words.

They stopped right in front of Melissa and hooted expectantly.

"Hi there, little one," Melissa finally managed to say. "You have no idea just how delighted I am to see you."

Rowlet hooted happily and glanced back at Wildfire and Cirrus. Melissa laughed.

"Okay. Maybe you have some idea." She paused. "Are...you a boy?"

Rowlet hooted and shook her head.

"A girl then."

Rowlet hooted again and tilted her head in question. Wildfire padded over, while Cirrus just flew up to Melissa's left shoulder.

"Well, I try to give all of my Pokemon nicknames, though a few of them are still waiting on theirs, and I wanted to make sure it's appropriate." She shrugged, a bit sheepish. "So, what do you think of Spirit?"

Rowlet blinked and tilted her head, looking thoughtful. She glanced at Wildfire, then Cirrus, and then nodded, hooting shyly.

"Well, then," Melissa said, helping Wildfire back onto her other shoulder, "welcome to the team, Spirit."

She held out her forearm for Spirit to climb onto and then snagged the basket as she got to her feet. It took Melissa a moment to figure out which way they needed to go to head back to the mainland, but they were quickly on their way home.

OOC: Collecting 1x Flyinium Z, 1x TM Aurora Veil, 3x Springtide Chocolate Rare Candies, 1x Bunny Suit (Held Item), and a Lv. 1 Female Rowlet (!!!). Thank you so much for hosting this event, ME, Emi, and EAI, and extra thanks to ME for my Rowlet!
Old 05-13-2017, 08:22 PM   #128
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master (3/3) – Receiving an electric shock underfoot was a sensation all too ominously familiar to Keith Masters. It was understandable, then, that the trainer and his Pokemon walk away from this egg – after all, nothing good could come of that kind of behavior. Clearly, their travels were not yet over.

The sun was beginning to set over the island – beautiful hues of reds and oranges streaked the skies, filling the rocky coast with a warm glow. It was a breathtaking sight, but also a reminder that there wasn't much time left to roam before nightfall. The rocky earth softly flickers in dying embers of the day's end, and as the serene twilight which spreads gently over the island, Keith travels onward, only to stop short at the realization that there is a substantial crack in the ground he is about to wander into – one false move, and he and Meowth would have gone tumbling facefirst inside...

When one stares into the abyss, one may expect the abyss to stare back, but not with two pink, beady eyes. A soft pyu-pyu-pyu emanates from the earth below...

Pyuku pyu-mu! (Please be careful!) The voice is kindly, if a bit odd. Mukumuku pyu-ku pyuku pyuu-mu. (Following your heart is fine, but watch your step...) The pink eyes vanish from the underground cavern, with only an amused pyu-pyu-pyu echoing behind... How odd.

The sound of something bumping and rolling across the rocky ground perks the attention of both trainer and Pokemon, and Meowth performs a spectacular interception on behalf of his trainer, catching the object before it rolls into the abyss. Feline reflexes could certainly come in handy! Of course, the moment the catlike paws grasp the egg, it immediately begins to hatch... Deep, pink tendrils come lazily forth from the broken shell, wrapping around Meowth's neck – the creature seems to be trying to give Meowth a hug, but has chosen exactly the wrong place to squeeze. After noting Meowth's apparent discomfort at being choked, the oddly-colored tendrils retract, the predatory eyes they once concealed now filled with confusion. Poor little baby! Love is a difficult concept to grasp when so young...

Looking in the direction that the egg had seemed to roll forward from, there appears to be an overturned Easter basket. Had the Springtime Pyukumuku left this basket for you...?

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Shiny Female Mareanie
- 1 Waterium Z OR 1 Poisonium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil
- 1 Bunny Suit (Held Item) – This suit allows a Pokémon to jump 50% higher than usual and increases the effectiveness of its healing moves by 25%

Congratulations on finishing your Springtide Event campaign! After replying to this post you may claim your reward. Also I swear to Giratina the Springtime Pyukumuku must have hacked my RNG because I spat my drink and nearly threw something at my laptop after rolling this, you lucky son of a-
It was an easy decision for Keith to leave behind the electrically energized errant Egg. Maybe it wouldn't end up the same as what the shock so unpleasantly reminded Keith of, but... he wasn't feeling like it was a good idea. Seemed too bad of an omen. But Keith did not want to dwell on this any longer than was strictly necessary, and so on he went.

The sunset was beautiful. Beautiful, but also a sign for Keith to hurry up. After all, the event only lasted until the end of the day, and at this moment, said day was most definitely coming to an end. So yeah, not a lot of time to admire the beauty. Kind of a shame- Keith did enjoy taking in the occasional sunset- but he had an Egg to look for.

And apparently, a big crack in the ground to look out for! Keith stopped just in time. "Whoa!" he exclaimed as Meowth clung to his shoulder for dear life. "Whew. That was close- uh. Meowth?" he said.

"Yes, Keith?" said Meowth.

"Is that... is the hole in the ground there... staring at us?"

"Looks like it."

"That's what I thought," Keith nodded, meeting the gaze of the pink eyes. And then came the voice. Kindly yet odd. Not something Keith ever expected to hear. While the words were unintelligible to him, Meowth was able and willing to translate.

"Watever dat is, it's sayin' ta please be careful," said Meowth. "It says, 'followin' yer heart is fine, but watch yer step'. Ya tink dat might'a been..."

"...the Springtime Pyukumuku?" Keith speculated out loud. "It's possible. I mean, hell, me and Marvolo met Santa Claus, and even saved him from the Great Pumpkin and the Easter Bunny. Anything's possible- wh- Meowth!" he exclaimed, pointing, and it wasn't hard for Meowth to spot what it was- an Egg, rolling along the rocks, and headed straight for the abyss Keith himself nearly fell into!

"On it!" Meowth exclaimed, springing off of Keith's shoulder. He lunged, intercepting the Egg, and as he brought it to safety, Keith noticed something else- the Egg had started hatching as soon as Meowth took hold of it! Whether Keith liked it or not, this was the Egg he was going to take from this special event. He sat on the ground as pink spiky tentacles crept out of the Egg, and wound their way around Meowth...'s throat.

As the shell fell away altogether, the newborn withdrew the tentacles, confused by the choking sounds Meowth was making. "Ma? Reanie?" the Pokémon said softly.

Meowth looked at Keith, expecting to exchange looks of exasperation. What he did not expect was Keith to look awestruck, staring at the mysterious new Pokémon with eyes shining with wonder. "It's so cute!" Keith exclaimed. He took out his Pokédex, eager to learn more about what he already knew he was keeping.

"Mareanie, the Brutal Star Pokémon. A Poison and Water-type," said the Pokédex. "Mareanie weakens prey by stabbing with the poison spike on its head, and deals the finishing blow with its ten tentacles. Above all else, it loves the taste of the coral that grows on Corsola's head. This specimen is Shiny."

Keith did a double take at that last sentence. Sure enough, the Pokédex showed a blue and purple Mareanie, while his new Mareanie was pink! Keith made an odd, high-pitched sound, still smiling broadly as he looked at his adorable new Pokémon. "Hi, Mareanie," he smiled. "My name's Keith. Now... want to try hugging again? See, what you did wrong with Meowth was, you went for the throat. Generally a bad idea, y'know? Try it with me," he offered, holding out his arms.

"Mareanie..." murmured the Brutal Star Pokémon. She crawled a little closer to Keith, looking up at him from behind her tentacles. Then, she extended a few of her tentacles, and hugged Keith. Carefully at first, but once she realized she wasn't eliciting the same reaction as she got out of Meowth, she hugged a bit tighter. In response, Keith hugged Mareanie back, making sure to avoid the numerous spikes. "Mareanie! Mareanie!" Mareanie exclaimed, sounding much happier now.

"Well, you're gonna fit right in around here," Keith smiled. "We just need a name for you... Hmm... Y'know what? I like the sound of Aster," he stated. "What do you think?"

"Mareanie! Mareanie! Mareanie!" chanted Mareanie in response, adding more tentacles to the hug and smiling happily.

"Heh, that's a yes," Keith grinned. "Alright, then, let's do this," he added. He produced a purple sphere from his backpack- a Poison Ball. In fact, the first Poison Ball he would ever use in his training career. He'd been saving the few Poison Balls he ever found for special occasions, and this most definitely qualified. Getting the idea, Aster relinquished her grip on Keith and hopped backwards, smiling up at him. And Keith smiled back as he enlarged the ball. "Welcome to the team, Aster," smiled Keith. "Now! Go, Poison Ball!"

These words were accompanied by the throwing of said Poison Ball. It struck the Shiny Mareanie and pulled her inside. It barely wobbled at all before falling still.

Keith's grin was positively Gengaresque as he scooped up the Poison Ball. He stared at it in jubilant disbelief for a moment before holding it up high. "Ohhhh, yes!" he cheered. "I just caught... a Shiny Mareanie!"

"Meowth! Dat's right!" added Meowth, rubbing his throat, but still decidedly less apprehensive about Aster, now that he knew the near-strangulation to be completely unintentional.

"Alright- Aster, come on out!" Keith grinned, tossing the Poison Ball into the air. In a flash of light and a swirl of blue sparkles, the pink Mareanie reappeared, landing on Keith's outstretched arm. "Let's go home," Keith smiled. "You got a lot of new friends to make, Aster."

"Mareanie!" Aster smiled in response.

"Hey, wait- wat's dat?" Meowth asked.

Keith looked in the direction Meowth was pointing- there was an overturned basket. Curiously he approached it and saw its contents. A few chocolate Rare Candies. A bunny suit of some sort. A TM for a move Keith had never heard of. And...

Keith's eyes widened as he picked up the Koffing-purple gemstone. It bore a small skull and crossbones emblem. "...Is this a Z-Crystal?" he murmured in awe. "And... it looks like it's a Poison-type Z-Crystal, at that," he added, his eyes widening.

"Maaaaa..." Aster murmured, equally awed.

"Well!" Keith exclaimed, scooping up his goodies. "Today has been interesting in multiple ways. Let's get home- back to the boat," he stated, before heading off just that way, with Meowth on his shoulder, and now Aster, his new Shiny Mareanie, on his arm.

*Event complete!*

Code:
Keith used Poison Ball!

----

All right! Mareanie was caught!
*Obtained the Bunny Suit!*

*Obtained 3 Rare Candies!*

*Keith obtained TM70 Aurora Veil!*

*Keith obtained a Poisonium Z!*

*Keith obtained a Z-Ring!*

OOC: Hoooolyyyyyy craaaaaaaap! I would never have seriously called this happening! I'll admit right now that a female Mareanie was my biggest want from this event, but a Shiny! That... I just... Holy crap. But anyway, yes- claiming my level 1 female Shiny Mareanie, in a Poison Ball instead of the provided Poké Ball, naming her Aster, and declaring her Ability to be Merciless. Also collecting the rest of the goodies, and in the process, choosing the Poisonium Z. And in closing, I'd like to thank all the mods for making this unique and fun event possible. I had fun with it even before seeing exactly what I was getting out of it at the very end. May this be but the first of many, many times the Springtime Pyukumuku does something awesome for the good Trainers of Fizzytopia.

*hugs Aster* Thank you so much.

EDIT: Y'know what? Feeding the three Springtide Chocolate Rare Candies to Aster.

*Aster grew to level 2!*

*Aster grew to level 3!*

*Aster grew to level 4!*

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 05-15-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:56 PM   #129
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
SPRINGTIDE ISLE

Shrine to the Sun and Moon – A pair of magnificent shrines dedicated to the cosmic duo. Search for hidden eggs with reverence, and the eggs may reveal themselves to you. Please reply in yellow.
Michael was used to showing up a bit late to this sort of thing. In fact, he had come to enjoy traveling around areas after large groups had already come through. Things tended to be less hectic that way, which was probably for the best more oft than not due to his rather excitable squad members. But this time he found himself traveling without his companions in order to search for eggs. It was both a refreshing change of pace and an oddly disturbing one, the silent lack of footsteps by his side ringing more loudly than any other sound could.

Shaking off the thought, Michael decided to get down to it, noting others leaving happily after having found eggs already. After all, he had chosen to come alone for a reason, the Shrine to the Sun and Moon being a rather peaceful place that ought not be disturbed. Deciding to take it slow for now, he began wandering the area in search for a egg, and with it a possible new member of his team.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 05-13-2017, 09:01 PM   #130
neverthrive
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
neverthrive (2/3) – The sound of bones rattling from within the discovered egg leaves Erwen with the impression that what's inside the egg is most likely dead. Figuring it best not to further disturb a potential corpse, he leaves the egg with the skull it had been lying under, and continues his search. The Springtime Pyukumuku would never let harm befall the eggs of the hunt, of course, but the creature was typically believed to be no more than a myth...

Continuing their search in the increasingly oppressive environment of the volcanic path, the trio soon comes across what appears to be a tiny pool of dried lava, fashioned into a nest – within this strange structure is an egg as black as the nest in which it sits, with a small, orange-red line down the bottom half.

Will Erwen take this egg, or continue his journey?
Slogging their way on up the path, Erven and Greg were by then so exhausted that they were lagging far behind Pele, whom they would at times have to stop and wait for under more normal conditions. Erven kept his gaze on the path up ahead, determined to keep on going despite the burning ache in his legs and general fatigue that wracked his body. This, however, proved to be folly, as in being so focused on what lay ahead he didn't notice what was right before him, and Erven's toe caught on a mound of igneous rock, tripping over it and falling onto his face.

"Son of a-" Erven hissed as he rolled over onto his back and reached up, placing a tender hand to his nose to make sure it wasn't broken. As the trainer inspected his own face, Greg investigated the curious, earthly protrusion that the human had stumbled over, and found, of all things, another egg tucked into the indentation in the center of the mound. Greg reached down and clasped the egg between both of his stubby hands. He picked it up, thinking the discovery would surely please Erven, or at least hoping so so as they could finally leave this miserable place, waddled over to his still writhing trainer, and placed the egg upon Erven's chest.

"Oh, what?" Erven murmured, momentarily startled by the sudden pressure on his chest. Uncovering his face, he lifted his head and glanced down, discovering the egg that Greg had placed there for him. "Sweet!" he enthused, picking it up to examine it. "But... it doesn't look like there's a turtle inside. Hmm..." Erven commented as he contemplated whether or not to keep this egg. "We've come this far, what's a bit further?" he sighed, sitting up and placing the egg back in the divot at his feet, disappointing Greg immensely in the process.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:39 PM   #131
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Deoxys - Please reply in lightslategray!

An emotional episode means that you lose track of the time for hours, and now its late in the day. It's not quite sundown, but its getting very close! You decide to continue looking for an egg, going deeper into the cave. Your Mimikyu follows you, and you continue going deeper and deeper into the cave. Is it really deeper though? After all, you were pretty sure that the entrance to the cave was behind you, wasn't it? But you can see light up ahead. Odd, maybe this place wasn't really a cave, but rather a tunnel. You get to the entrance and see that water is dripping down from the top of it. You navigate yourself to avoid getting wet, but when you step outside, your shoes seem to get wet themselves. You look around and see why. You've managed to find an isolated tidal pool. Even if it wasn't for the eggs, this would be a very lucky discovery.

You don't actually have to look very hard to find your next egg in this regard, because its right in the middle of the tidal pool, in the center of a bunch of Corsola spikes. The egg is light blue egg with a purple and yellow top and a purple stripe on the underside of it, and its also covered in what looks to be some kind of barbs. The egg looks quite odd to you, and you carefully approach it. When you step into the pool that its in, the egg suddenly begins to shake and crack. The top is the first to go, flying off as suddenly tentacles pour out of the opening, easily cracking and breaking apart the rest of the egg. It seems that a female Mareanie has hatched out of the egg!

The Pokemon looks at you and smiles, before looking around and seeing the number of Corsola spikes on the ground. It seems very happy as it begins to munch down on them, easily crunching up the rather hard and sharp spikes. It must have thought you brought the food to it, the cute little thing. Your Mimikyu pokes you on the shoulder as it points to a conspicuous, large, red sand bucket in the next pool. Moving over towards it, you find a number of goodies inside. Must be more gifts from the Springtime Pyukumuku, to congratulate you on hatching your egg.

x1 Waternium or Poisonium Z
x1 Aurora Veil TM
x1 Brand Name Bunny Suit: The user's healing moves heal 25% more HP and the user jumps 50% higher.

Please reply to this post to pick up your gifts and your Level 1 Female Mareanie!
The Mareanie gave Hiero a huge smile as he held it in his arms. "Eaaan!" He wrapped one arm around her and bent over to retrieve the bucket. "Look, Pera! Gifts from the Springtime Pyukumuku!" "Kyuyk!" Hiero gently sat his newborn Mareanie on to the ground and slid his backpack off. He looked over the TM, noting that perhaps his Spheal could use it. He stuffed it into his backpack and looked back at the gifts.

A Waternium-Z was laying where the TM was, as well as some chocolates and a Bunny Suit. Hiero had read of the Z-Crystals before, but had never used one, let alone see it in action. He was going to have to do some research on its use before he could give it to any of his Pokemon.

He zipped his bag up and looked over to his new Pokemon and smiled. She smiled back. A calming warmth flowed through Hiero. He hadn't started the day planning on this happening, but here he was. "Welcome to the family, Mareanie. I suppose we'll need to give you a name soon, huh?" "Ma!"

The sun was setting. Mimikyu was tired, and Mareanie let out a yawn. "I think it's about time we headed back back to the Pokemon Center. We should eat and plan out what's next." The Pokemon nodded. Hiero pulled out two Pokeballs and retrieved Noppera and Mareanie into each one. He looked out over the ocean and it's reflection of a burning red sky. The gentle salty breeze blew through his hair. He smiled. "Thank you, Goji. Rest easy, old friend."

----

((OOC: Confirming addition of L1 F Mareanie w/Merciless and Waternium-Z. Thank you Emi!))

Last edited by deoxys; 05-13-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:50 PM   #132
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Meetan (1/3) – In sharp contrast to the eerie shivers that shook the spines of Alice and Maasa in Phantom Isle, the pure, honest cold of the Ice Caverns is really quite refreshing to the pair. Feeling quite at home, the powerful Swinub's tiny feet shuffle happily across the snow, while her trainer's boots leave designer imprints with every step. Though Maasa's colors may not have blended in well with the white and pale blue aesthetic of the caverns, it was still her element, and in that way, they matched perfectly. What new, fun memories would be made here of the happy hunt?

Sniffing the ground with her powerful nose, Maasa soon finds a pile of snow that catches her interest - digging with tiny paws, she soon unearths an egg that seems made for the environment in which it was discovered. Pale blue and cyan wisps decorate the pure white shell – really, quite beautiful. Despite being unearthed from a pile of snow, the egg does not seem to shiver at all, though it wiggles with the eagerness of a baby ready to hatch. Maasa snorts in victory.

Will Alice take this aesthetically pleasing egg, or continue her search?

"Oh, wow, did you find something that quickly?" Alice asked of her Swinub. The Pokemon snorted in pride as it dug out an egg that was buried into the ice and snow, and Alice oooh'd in admiration of it. "Who's a good boy?" Alice cooed, and she fluffed adoringly through the Swinub's fur as she crouched down to admire the egg close up. It was something to take a picture of, absently holding the device to capture footage, too. "Let's watch it hatch! We're gonna be parents! I'm a baby Mama!" It wasn't the first Pokemon egg to hatch, but since it was part of a special event, it was even more exciting.

Last edited by Meetan; 05-13-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:27 AM   #133
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Quote:
Crys (1/3) – The young Maria's heart fills with joy at the prospect of a good ol' fashioned egg hunt among these beautiful shrines; Boop, however, is less enthusiastic about the whole thing. Certainly, it was difficult to fault an actual child for wanting to engage in childish activities, but her choice of locale was less than ideal, particularly with the searing, judgmental gaze of the Solgaleo statue bearing down on the poor creature. Much to the Pokemon's relief, however Maria decides to search the Moon shrine – an aspect with which Mimikyu is much more comfortably aligned.

The Shrine to the Moon seems to exist almost perpetually in shade during the day, and this moment is no different. The area is cool and placid, soothing to the heart. Cradled in the wing of the great Lunala statue, a white and purple egg is perfectly balanced atop what appears to be a small fan. The egg's aura is strong, almost overwhelmingly so; it seems to bore through the girl and her Pokemon, as if the creature can somehow see beyond its shell. It would take a bit of climbing to get to the egg, of course, but the normally eerie gaze of the statue seems soft towards the pair. For a creature said to devour light, this statue seems quite peaceful... Perhaps climbing it would not be a slight to the legendary beings if it is in pursuit of a special egg.

Will Maria choose this egg, or continue the search?
Maria looked up at this egg with determination. It may be atop this big statue, but she would get the egg none the less. It just meant she had to do a little climbing, was all. Walking up to the statue, she began to look for spots to put her foot. After finding a spot near the base of the statue, she began to test the stone. It had to be able to hold her weight without breaking. A little bit of testing later, she began to feel for a hand hold, finding one near the middle of the statue. Having found the handhold, she kicked off, crawling up to the indentation at the bottom of Lunala's chest. Using the overhanging "ribs" to keep her in place, she gauges the distance to the stars hanging off the wing. Too far. Looking up at the ribs, she notices a hang near the bottom of them. No good foot room though, she'd have to have to carry her weight with her arms. Thankfully, Maria didn't weigh all that much. Grabbing her arms around the hang, she slowly inches her body up toward the next rib. Swinging her body to get momentum, she launches herself upward, and grasps the next rib. She repeats this motion for the next rib, then does it once more to get up to the shoulder. Lifting her body up, she comes to rest at the top near the statue's neck. Her arms ache, but she needs to get that damn egg. She can't stop now. Laying down on the rim of the shoulder, she slowly scoots her way toward the wing. Further and further she slowly scoots, until eventually she inches up to the egg...and its fan. Smiling, Maria went to grab the two objects, but then a thought popped into her head. How would she get down carrying the fan and the egg? After a few moments of thinking, an idea came into her mind. Reaching under her blanket, she grabbed a Pokeball. Holding the release button down, she tossed the Pokeball toward the base of the statue. The ball hit the base with a pop, opening to reveal the figure of Buffy the Bouffalant. Looking down at her friend from the wing of the statue, Maria called out,

"Hey Buffy, I need you catch me with your poofy hair. I'm going to casually drop off this statue with this here egg."

Looking up toward Maria, Buffy snorted. The idea wasn't a bad one, but it was still pretty dumb. Looking over the statue, he figured that it was probably the easiest way to get down with the egg, but it was still a dumb idea. With a concerned tone, he responded to Maria,

"I don't like the plan, but fine. Grab the egg and hop down as carefully as you can, I guess."

Nodding to Buffy, Maria grabbed the egg and the fan, and sat up at the edge. Looking down, she planned her angle, and dropped down to Buffy. Surprisingly, the fall worked as planned, and she plopped in Buffy's fro with a frop. Patting it with her hand, Maria was surprised how poofy it was. Buffy seemed unfazed by the impact as well. Hopping off of the bull's head, she asked him,

"Hey, how thick is your hair to begin with? You took the full brunt of an eight year old falling with no issues."

Amused, Buffy responded, "You say it as if you expected my head to crack open. It's more than enough to handle you."

With a shrug, Maria tossed the conversation to the side, content with the answer. She was far more interested in the egg, and the fan that came with it.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #134
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Muyotwo - Please reply in mediumpurple!

The Abadoned Beach House calls to you once again, and you, finding yourself unable and unwilling to continue to resist its siren call, enter the beach house again. You are tasked with finding another egg before nightfall, something that will be quite the task. You look up and down the beach house looking for an egg, but you are unable to find anything. It's rather irritating, but you look up briefly and see there is one place you haven't looked in yet: the attic. Pulling down the attic door, you climb up the short ladder in order to get into the attic.

The attic is rather cramped, but seems to be almost packed with shipping supplies. There are also some...rather sinister looking things in here, like a scythe and other such things that seem out of place with shipping supplies, but you find something that catches your eye. It looks like a round, steel ball, but it is covered in what looks like fresh seaweed. Fresh seaweed would imply that its new, and you try to examine the object to see what it is. However, the object begins to shake, and rolls forward, rolling out of the attic and slamming into the floor below. You peek out of the attic to find that the object has broken in many pieces, and that a Pokemon seem to be looking at you. It looks like a possessed anchor and wheel with seaweed on it. It seems that you have hatched a Dhelmise!

Something else rolls past you, and its a small barrel. How that happened is beyond you, but it crashes into the floor, revealing a number of goodies for you to take.

x1 Grassium or Ghostium Z
x1 Aurora Veil TM

Please reply to this post to claim your gifts and your Level 1 Dhelmise.
The house's door remained open from when he left, but the air still changed markedly when Muyo crossed the threshold again. Looking back around the place it seemed as though someone else had visited in his absence, as things had been moved around and it just seemed a bit more bare than before. Still, the presence was there, like a great weight hanging over his head... over his head? Now there was a thought. Finally moving with a purpose, he strode through the rooms until he found the panel in the ceiling and the gently hanging cord that pulled down to reveal a set of wooden stairs that were caked in dust. A place no one else had been for a long time, it seemed. Muyo slowly rose into the rafters and was relieved to find that there was a window allowing just enough light for him to look around.

The sight was not exactly a friendly one. Boxes were piled in precarious stacks that would make any careless movement likely to result in a grand domino-esque cascade of collapse. Carefully scooting around the boxes Muyo found a large scythe lying against the wall, still looking quite sharp and suspiciously dust free. Before he could dwell too much on the implications of that, however, another glint of metal caught his eye- a steel ball that appeared to be covered in kelp. Strangely, despite being up here in an apparently undisturbed attic for an undermined length of time the kelp still looked fresh and alive. Muyo slowly reached out his hand to feel it for himself, but on the slightest touch the object shifted forward, dropped onto the floor with a resounding thud and rolled forward to the stairs, breaking the second one as it fell. With the boxes starting to collapse around him, Muyo followed it down the stairs at speed only to hear a massive crash as the orb split in mid air and a massive anchor crashed into the floor below and was now... looking up at him? From an eye embedded in a ship's helm? "I'm definitely seeing things that aren't real," Muyo said as the massive thing rose from the floor and began to hover in the air beside him, "But I suppose I always thought it would be interesting to have an imaginary friend." The thing looked at him expectantly. "I suppose I shall call you... DeKlars."

DeKlars seemed satisfied for a moment, before slowly moving in closer and shoving Muyo back as a small barrel fell from the attic and burst upon impact with the floor, right where he'd been standing. "Man, I guess I have a powerful imagination." Muyo thought to himself as he looked at the items that had scattered across the ground when the barrel burst. A small purple crystal of Ghostium Z, an Aurora Veil TM, three Easter chocolate candies (which didn't seem like they should be eaten, coming from the attack like that, but candy collecting habits die hard), and... a bunny suit? "I guess it fits in with the imaginary friend thing..." he considered, pocketing the items and not noticing that a new Pokeball had made its way into his pouch as well to be a home for his floating anchor of an imaginary friend.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #135
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Quote:
EpicSquirtle (2/3) – Lured by the scent of delicious berries, Voltaire is annoyed and disappointed to find that he had been tricked by the scent of an egg. Blinded by hunger and anger, the Emolga scurries away to continue his search for an egg – wait. Had that not been an egg he found just then? Still, even if that sweet-scented ovoid was his ticket to luxury, it had played a nasty trick on him (intentional or otherwise), and there were bound to be more eggs the higher up he went. Then again, had the Springtime Pyukumuku really traveled this far up the canopy...?

As Voltaire continues his climb, he eventually comes across a small hollow carved in one of the trees. Peering inside with curiosity, a tiny splotch of red catches Voltaire's eye, alerting him to the presence of an egg, the rest of which appears to be shades of black, grey and white. The sound of something pecking rapidly from within the egg meets Voltaire's ears... Was the Pokemon within already trying to get out?

Will Voltaire take this egg, or continue on?
Voltaire was really regretting his choice of location now. Not only was he tired from climbing the tall tree, that last egg had left him feeling quite hungry as well! Still...surely the Spring Pyukumuku had left more eggs higher up?
Of course it would, Voltaire reasoned. The creature obviously wanted to reward the hardest workers, such as the Emolga himself. With that in mind, Voltaire continued to scale the tree, eager to see what egg the Pyukumuku would reward his efforts with.
Indeed, it wasn't long after that train of thought, that Voltaire came across a hollow carved into the tree. Hoping to find an egg inside, Voltaire gazed inside the hole.

"Perfect! Hopefully this one won't smell like food..." Voltaire said aloud as he spotted another egg. Unlike the last one, this egg was red, black, white and grey.
The Emolga was about to seize the egg, when suddenly a pecking sound pierced his ears, causing Voltaire to cringe.
"Excuse me? Whoever that is can you please cut it out?" Voltaire asked, his tone suggesting that he was quite irritated by the noise. But no one answered..and still the noise continued.
It was then that Voltaire realized his mistake. Someone outside wasn't making that noise, it was the egg!

"Why do all the eggs I find have to be so annoying?" Voltaire grumbled. There was no way he was going to keep the egg.
He had only been there for a few moments and the sound of it pecking had already drove him crazy. The Emolga shuddered at the thought of hearing the sound any longer.
Though he had originally planned to grab the first egg he saw, Voltaire now found himself passing up not one, but two of them!
"There's got to be another egg up higher. Preferably one that isn't as annoying." The Emolga said to himself as he began to climb higher up the tree.
"Third times the charm...I hope."
Old 05-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #136
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
uhhhhh (2/3) – As a photographer, you may only be able to take one egg, but taking pictures? Surely, the Springtime Pyukumuku had not set a limit on that, and who knows? Maybe the creature would pose for a photo himself. It takes a few moments for Connor to realize that his poor Aipom took a tumble along with him; thankfully, the purple monkey is all right save for some minor scrapes, but he certainly is not thrilled that he was left on the icy ground to freeze. With a sincere apology and a swift motion, Connor has Gaspard positioned in his jacket to warm right up again. He offers Boo a retreat into his Pokeball to shelter from the cold, but Boo refuses, wanting to see this egg hunt through to the end.

Given the egg's appearance and reaction to the cold, Connor is able to figure out what might be inside... and wanting to find a partner that would be a good fit for him and the rest of his team, he decides that he will continue his search, allowing someone else to take this baby home. The search continues.

As the trio continue through the icy wasteland, a feature within the cavern catches Gaspard's interest, and he wriggles out of Connor's jacket just enough to point it out before wriggling back in for warmth; a perfect square, carved into the ice. Removing the square reveals a hollow compartment within, containing a pure white egg with cloud-like wisps of very pale blue and very light cyan. A beautiful egg, likely with a beautiful baby inside.

Will Connor choose this egg, or continue on?
"Huh. That's strange, this spot makes a perfect square... a little too perfect perhaps. Was this man made?" Inspecting further the strange square that Gaspard pointed out revealed that the square looked detachable, "Oh hold on, this looks like I can take this out. Let's see here...! Whoa t-this is cold..." With help from Gaspard and Boo, the three managed to slid the cube off the wall, "Well hello, what's this little thing doing here?"

Behind the strange cube rested a peculiar egg, one that is pure white, with some light blue wisp-like pattern on it.

~You're going to take this one, Connor?~ the young photographer bit his thumb at Gaspard's question, contemplating on whether or not this egg was meant for him. On one hand, the Pokemon inside the egg would make an interesting addition to their group. On the other hand, perhaps he could try his luck just one more time. Still, the photographer was curious on how the Pyukumuku even managed to place the egg inside. Did his innards feel the cold when it touched the cube? It was an unusual thought, but Connor had more pressing matters at hand.

"Hmmm, considering what's what's most likely inside it... it is rather tempting... that is, if I remember the patterns right," muttered Connor before placing it back in the hollow, "Still, I think I wanna explore juuuust a bit deeper, you know? Maybe just one more time?"

~Oh, y-you wanted to continue the egg hunt?~ chimed Boo.

"Yeah, sorry Boo. I know you're starting to feel the cold already. Between the three of us, you and me can resist the cold a bit longer than usual... but e-even I'm starting to shiver right now myself! Brrr," Connor shivers as he tightly held on to Gaspard for some warmth. (~Hey your hands are cold, get those off me!~)

~Oh no, it's fine! I can take this cold a bit longer.~

"If you're sure Boo! Just don't push yourself too hard, hmm? Now, there's one last thing I need to do..." bringing out his camera, he carefully aimed his shot towards the square hollow and the egg, "Smile for the camera now!"

And with the photo taken, they placed the ice cube back into the hollow as the trio pressed on deeper into the frosty cave.

Last edited by uhhhhh; 05-15-2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:04 PM   #137
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Lapras

Quote:
AshsBabyLapras (3/3) – Certainly, ABL is curious about whatever might be inhabiting the egg tucked so nicely in the flowerbed, but after some internal debate, she decides to let the creature continue its contented slumber. The snoring continues unabated, and the trainer and her Pokemon make their way down the garden path.

As the pair continue on, Karma is stopped by the feeling of something slimy tapping her shoulder... With a bit of a shudder, she turns around, only to find nothing there. Odd. The bit of slime still clings to her fur, so clearly there was something – hm? Karma's paw brushes up against what seems to be an Easter Basket, which she had not sensed before – a bit of slime still clings to the handle. Within the basket is a rather tiny egg, nestled in a bed of tropical flowers. No sooner does Karma begin to sniff the egg than the little thing starts to hatch right under her nose; the tiny occupant within quickly gathers the flowers that made its bed into a ring, wrapping itself gently around Karma's ears, like a flower tiara. On the regal Arcanine, it actually looks quite lovely. The little creature giggles, faelike and airy – how happy it seems atop Karma's head! It seems that ABL will have some flowers to take home with her, after all.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Female Comfey
- 1 Fairium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

Congratulations on finishing your Springtide Event campaign! After replying to this post you may claim your reward.
ABL, at least somewhat more calmly now, resumes her exploration of the gardens. Suddenly, she cracks a wide grin and looks back at her Arcanine.

"Hey, Karma. I'm kinda glad I'm not following you anymore. I was starting to worry that you might be leading me up the garden path!" she declares, beaming. But before she can even laugh at her own joke, she notices Karma's fur is bristling and she sobers. "What's wrong, girl?"

The Arcanine gives her mane a shake and composes herself for the sake of her anxious trainer, but can't quite rid herself of the slightly eerie feeling. She whines softly, but stumbles across a tiny, intricately woven basket. Someone had to have been awfully dextrous to make a delicate item like that...

Before Karma can launch a proper investigation of the curious item, the egg tucked inside cracks open and a little whirl of colours comes spiralling out. The new hatchling settles itself on Karma's head before she can properly react, and the Arcanine is practically cross-eyed trying to get a better view of her new headwear.

Karma's confusion makes ABL spin around to see what the trouble is. Her eyes widen.

"Oh my goodness, what's this?"

The trainer raises herself up on tiptoes for a closer look.

"Well, where could you have come from?" she says, smiling. The playful hatchling only giggles. "That look suits you, Karma. I suppose there's nothing else for it - we'll just have to keep you."

The Comfey trills, seemingly pleased with this. "Sounds like a good arrangement, huh? ...wait, a good arrangement?"

This time, ABL is free to laugh openly at her terrible quip. Surprisingly to both ABL and Karma, the Comfey continues to giggle as well, although whether or not she actually appreciates the wordplay is anyone's guess.

"You're going to fit right in. Welcome to the team, little sprite."

OOC: Fankoo to Marion! Your updates have been a delight, and the best welcome back to FB that I could have asked for. (And thanks, Springtime Pyukumuku, even if my character is forever unaware of you~)

Collecting my new little Comfey, a Fairium Z, an Aurora Veil TM and a Bunny Suit! I'm feeding the 3 Chocolate Rare Candies immediately to Comfey to raise her to level 4.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:09 AM   #138
Mon1010
Pokemon Trainer

Location: In your thoughts! Can't find me? Well, think again!
Quote:
Mon1010 - Please reply in deeppink!

You and your Cottonee climb up into the canopy. It seems to be a relatively sturdy structure, the branches and vines having entagled into a very solid construct. It's notably congested, and you have difficulty navigating the canopy, none the less looking for eggs. Your Cottonee seems to have a much easier time though, and soon enough, your Cottonee has stopped. Not because its waiting for you or anything, but it seems that it has found something up ahead. You slowly make your way to your Cottonee, while it points out something its found nestled in the tree branches.

It's an egg! It's a black and white egg with a red top on it, and its in a bunch of branches that almost looks like a nest. The most shocking thing though is that there is a number of different types of berries and seeds around it. It seems like this is a kind of Pokemon that likes to feast on berries and such. Other than that though, you're unsure on exactly what it could be. Maybe you should the egg and find out?

What will you do?
The climb up the tree was a lot easier than actually navigating the canopy once up there. The branches and vines were all entangled into one another, making hard to get through the thicket. Tim was pushing aside branches at every turn. Nabbit the Cottonee on the other hand, seemed to have a much easier time with this than Tim was. That was probably to be expected though. Nabbit was a Grass type so navigating through thick foliage was second nature to him. No to mention the fact that he was a small Cottonee.

Eventually, Nabbit appeared to have stopped, and was shouting out excitedly. Tim slowly made his way through the branches. "What is it? Did you find something?"

"Cottonee!" The Grass/Fairy type exclaimed. Nestled in the tree branches in front of him was what Tim had been searching for this entire time, It was an egg! It was a black and white egg with a red top on it, sitting in a bunch of branches that almost looks like a nest. The "nest" was surrounded by a bunch of berries, which was no doubt what Nabbit was excited about.

As the Cottonee munched on the berries, Tim's eyes widened with glee, and he picked up the egg and cradled it in his arms. "Aw, man this is perfect!" Tim didn't particularly care what was in there. He loved all Pokemon, from the cute ones to the not so cute ones. He would be happy to add whatever was inside this egg to his team.

OOC: Yes, I'm taking the egg.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #139
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Gemini Spark (1/3) ~please post in paletuquoise
With a bit of difficulty you manage to roll the egg out of its icy home by the tips of your fingers. The smooth and cold touch of the egg warmed slightly within the palms of your hands and you knew instinctively that that meant the egg was about to hatch. You had never seen one occur in real time before and you anxiously sit down and warm up the egg further in anticipation of obtaining a new partner and witnessing the birth of life first-hand. Your Ninetales closes in, the heat from her body radiating onto the egg’s shell and providing the last necessary catalyst. The egg wobbles and cracks. One by one, rectangles with sharp corners shed themselves off until the shell was so instable the Pokémon within burst out to greet you. The icy armadillo skips out of her eggy base and proceeds to flop belly-down on an icy patch to skid into the entrance of the igloo, disappearing away from you out of fright. You could only proceed by trying to coax the Pokémon back out.

A little later, after getting the new Pokémon out of its home, a girl walks out of one of the icy corridors, a newly hatched, and nervous, Vulpix held within her arms. The two of you greet and spend some time together – the Sandshrew and Vulpix getting along perfectly - before one of your Pokémon points out two baskets against the cave wall, one each addressed to you and the girl known as Jess.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Female Alolan Sandshrew
- 1 Icium Z or Steelium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

lilbluecorsola (1/3) ~please post in paletuquoise
Your Spheal was oblivious to the danger it had put you and your partners in, while your Vanillite was the one who showed real courage by charging straight through the raining hail of crystal spears in order to retrieve the egg safely. Leo merely puffed his chest when you scolded him, though it didn’t matter anymore as everyone, including the egg, was back safe and sound. You weren’t sure for how long though, and out of fear for the little critter inside the egg Kim had placed in your arms you determined it was for the best if you held on to it and remove it from such a dangerous area. You hold onto the egg tightly as you trot you way back the way you came, getting only slightly lost in the meantime. You give a small sigh of frustration/disappointment and your hot breath encircles the egg as if clouding it in its warmth. The egg stirs in reaction to it and wobbles vigorously in your hands – it was hatching you realised. A single crack slid down the side and more soon followed. Eventually the egg shell split into separate pieces that scattered and dropped to the ground, revealing a brilliant white fox nuzzled within your arms. She opens her lids with the gentlest of movements and with a small spark in her eyes as she gazed at you with wonder. You welcome it and it reacts positively to you as it sniffs and stirs within the warm safety of your cradling, preferring it to walking on the ground it seemed.

Eventually you press on, the new Pokémon in tow, as you backtrack your way to find the exit, only to come across what looked like an igloo and a young man with a young pangolin of sorts. Your new Pokémon seems to get along with her alright though and pretty soon one of them indicates a set of baskets against the cave wall, one of each dedicated to you and the young man who had introduced himself as Hyrem.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Female Alolan Vulpix
- 1 Icium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

Brave Saix (3/3) ~please post in deeppink
At this point it seemed more like the Springtime Pyukumuku, and nature itself, was playing tricks on you. A stuffed toy, a rock on a log; none of this seemed like your conventional Easter egg hunt. Perhaps it was because you had a rather unconventional creature running the show this time. Either way, you had decided you were running out of luck in this area and opt for a different environment. Knowing your Noibat’s berry-crazed behaviour, the Berry Tree Canopy seemed like the optimal environment for one last search – as the sun was starting to settle and your egg hunt was coming to a close.

The climb along the tree vines was an arduous ones but enough branches grew to form stepping stones for you to ascend to the berry-rich hollows. Bird Pokémon flew to and from you out of curiosity and fright, unsure which course of action was the best to take. Your Noibat delights on the fresh and ripe berries that hung from the nearby branches until he swoops down to a large nest that was filled to the brim with a collection of them. The nest itself, you found, was a hollowed-out coconut shell used as a bowl. Your Noibat starts suckling onto them as a few berries tumble down the pile and reveal an egg to be lying within its midst. You reach out to stroke the white and black egg when it wobbles upon your touch. The egg cracks and a blinding light comes from within as two hands emerge to widen the crack like one would for elevator doors. The egg splits down the middle and out comes a fuzzy, little monkey looking curiously up at you. It pats its head and gasps in fright, apparently feeling exposed. It scours up the nearby tree trunk away from when it loses its grip and comes crashing down back into the coconut shell. The berries spill out and plummet to the earth below, disappointing your starving Noibat. The fuzzy monkey deftly grabs the coconut shell and places it on his head in a vain attempt to hide. Along with the collection of foliage that rained down gently, a small wicker basket floated down with the help of a few large banana leaves. It rests atop a nearby branch and appears to be addressed to you. Inside you find the Springtime Pyukumuku’s last presents to you as a congratulations.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Male Passimian
- 1 Fightinium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

KamenAeons (1/3) ~please post in paletuquoise
You chase after your Vulpix who was tracking something up in the Icy Caverns, or at least so it appeared. The fire-type was left in your care for reasons unknown to you as of yet but already she was proving to be a handful by bolting away from you. Calling after her to restrain herself only caused you to be met with a fiery cough. Perhaps though, Suzu was actually on the trail of something important. An egg perhaps hidden with the icy corridors? Or did she see the fabled Springtime Pyukumuku? Impossible as though it may seem you let your Pokémon take the lead on this one and stay as close as possible, a feat that wasn’t particularly easy once inside the caverns as while the fire-type Vulpix could surprisingly leap bounds across icy patches you yourself were spending the better part of your time trying not to skid. One misstep and you performed an unintended split, sinking through your legs before toppling over face first. Your claw your way off of the icy floor in chase of the Vulpix and once you get up you feel the warm trickle of blood coming from your nose.

No matter, as your Vulpix gave another cough of fire to indicate in which corridor she resided. You take a few more steps when you suddenly hear a squelching sound and a shadow disappearing around the corner behind you. Was that…? Suzu barks for you to come and you heed her call, closing in on her noise. What you find is a large icy floor and a single egg placed precariously at its perimeter. You near the pale blue egg with dark, straight lines carefully and try to grab it, only to have the egg slip from your grip as soon as you did and skid across the ice to the other side of the room. The egg wobbles and you wonder if it’s going to topple, only to find it gyroscopically spinning itself to keep it upright. Whatever was inside, it knew it’s way around icy slips.

Morningstar (1/3) ~please post in lawngreen
How did the Springtime Pyukumuku hide so many eggs on its own? The regular, common form of Pyukumuku were notoriously immobile on land, let alone practically incapable of carrying anything. While no confirmed sightings have yet been made of the mystical creature, artists’ sketches made by paranoid or demented conspiracy theorists made for a rather cute interpretation. You motivate your Pokémon with the idea of finding one of the Springtime Pyukumuku’s eggs and to add a new friend to your team. Eclair gets excited at the prospect and jumps up and down enthusiastically, bouncing her mouths atop her head carelessly. One of them accidentally swings into your face and slams your nose. You reel a few inches back, clutching your face in pain, but nothing seems to be broken. That is until you take a selfie picture with your Mawile and realise the camera had caught you in the middle of a nosebleed.

Your Mawile is (to some point) apologetic about the accident but she more than makes it up to you after a short hike down the salt-spray smell of the cliff hike by spotting something scuttling through the grass. Eclair indicates a nearby tree and tries to get you to take a look. Eggs shouldn’t be moving though so it seemed unlikely you were to find one by closing in on whatever was crawling through the tall grass. The tree itself stood gigantically atop a flowery hill, it’s roots exposed like thick tentacles that could displace the tree if it had to. Your Mawile spots what had caught her attention as a lone Paras moves around the other side of the three trunk. Your Mawile follows it and finds the Paras hiding itself by burrowing into a hollow, nearby to which an egg veiled in spores clung to the three’s root as if sapping its nutrients.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 05-15-2017, 08:23 PM   #140
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post

Morningstar (1/3) ~please post in lawngreen
How did the Springtime Pyukumuku hide so many eggs on its own? The regular, common form of Pyukumuku were notoriously immobile on land, let alone practically incapable of carrying anything. While no confirmed sightings have yet been made of the mystical creature, artists’ sketches made by paranoid or demented conspiracy theorists made for a rather cute interpretation. You motivate your Pokémon with the idea of finding one of the Springtime Pyukumuku’s eggs and to add a new friend to your team. Eclair gets excited at the prospect and jumps up and down enthusiastically, bouncing her mouths atop her head carelessly. One of them accidentally swings into your face and slams your nose. You reel a few inches back, clutching your face in pain, but nothing seems to be broken. That is until you take a selfie picture with your Mawile and realise the camera had caught you in the middle of a nosebleed.

Your Mawile is (to some point) apologetic about the accident but she more than makes it up to you after a short hike down the salt-spray smell of the cliff hike by spotting something scuttling through the grass. Eclair indicates a nearby tree and tries to get you to take a look. Eggs shouldn’t be moving though so it seemed unlikely you were to find one by closing in on whatever was crawling through the tall grass. The tree itself stood gigantically atop a flowery hill, it’s roots exposed like thick tentacles that could displace the tree if it had to. Your Mawile spots what had caught her attention as a lone Paras moves around the other side of the three trunk. Your Mawile follows it and finds the Paras hiding itself by burrowing into a hollow, nearby to which an egg veiled in spores clung to the three’s root as if sapping its nutrients.

Athena pulled a tissue out of her bag and pressed it to her bleeding nostril. Maybe she should get some kind of protective face mask so this didn't happen again. She folded up the tissue and put it back in her bag, making sure to not get any blood on her clothes. It would be awful to litter on this beautiful trail (let alone anywhere). This caused her to lag behind her Pokemon a bit, and made her completely oblivious to her ducking into the hollow of the tree.

"Eclair?" She called, stepping carefully over a large root.

"Maa~" Eclair responded, poking her head out of the hollow. Athena crouched to look into the hole. The Paras scuttled off, obviously frightened by the human and her sharp-toothed partner. Athena looked over the egg in awe, and crawled into the hollow more to get a closer look. As she reached her hand out to touch it, one of the spores let out a puff into her face. She immediately felt a wave of drowsiness wash over her.

"What the-?" She yawned. "That was gross..." She wiped the remaining spores off of her face and crawled back out of the hollow, fighting the urge to curl up there and take a nap. Eclair followed, giving the egg a concerned look. She decided to leave this egg and return to the path. She thought it might be better to find an egg that she could actually take home without falling asleep on the way back. There was still plenty of time to find something else on this long trail.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #141
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Quote:

Brave Saix (3/3) ~please post in deeppink
At this point it seemed more like the Springtime Pyukumuku, and nature itself, was playing tricks on you. A stuffed toy, a rock on a log; none of this seemed like your conventional Easter egg hunt. Perhaps it was because you had a rather unconventional creature running the show this time. Either way, you had decided you were running out of luck in this area and opt for a different environment. Knowing your Noibat’s berry-crazed behaviour, the Berry Tree Canopy seemed like the optimal environment for one last search – as the sun was starting to settle and your egg hunt was coming to a close.

The climb along the tree vines was an arduous ones but enough branches grew to form stepping stones for you to ascend to the berry-rich hollows. Bird Pokémon flew to and from you out of curiosity and fright, unsure which course of action was the best to take. Your Noibat delights on the fresh and ripe berries that hung from the nearby branches until he swoops down to a large nest that was filled to the brim with a collection of them. The nest itself, you found, was a hollowed-out coconut shell used as a bowl. Your Noibat starts suckling onto them as a few berries tumble down the pile and reveal an egg to be lying within its midst. You reach out to stroke the white and black egg when it wobbles upon your touch. The egg cracks and a blinding light comes from within as two hands emerge to widen the crack like one would for elevator doors. The egg splits down the middle and out comes a fuzzy, little monkey looking curiously up at you. It pats its head and gasps in fright, apparently feeling exposed. It scours up the nearby tree trunk away from when it loses its grip and comes crashing down back into the coconut shell. The berries spill out and plummet to the earth below, disappointing your starving Noibat. The fuzzy monkey deftly grabs the coconut shell and places it on his head in a vain attempt to hide. Along with the collection of foliage that rained down gently, a small wicker basket floated down with the help of a few large banana leaves. It rests atop a nearby branch and appears to be addressed to you. Inside you find the Springtime Pyukumuku’s last presents to you as a congratulations.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Male Passimian
- 1 Fightinium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

Jill stared aghast as the pile of berries fell to the forest floor below, knowing that none could survive a fall from that height and still be edible. As she slumped over, exuding an air of grief, the panicking newborn stumbled over her in its attempt to flee. In doing so, Jill was knocked from the branch, falling as her sadness snapped to shock. After several seconds she managed to right herself and flutter back to her partner, only to catch the Passim Ian as its own attempts failed.

"Jill, are you okay?" Sypher asked, flustered himself having had his attention torn in opposite directions. "And what of you little fellow? It's okay to be nervous. Here let me help you with that." He scratched the lemur pokémon on the chin before adjusting its helmet. "That should fit a little more comfortably."

"Pass? Simi Pass!" The lemur's face glowed in delight at the coconuts fit.

*Plop* Sypher and the Passimian both look at Jill whose head now featured a new adornment.

"Noiba?"

"Well it looks like this little guy wasn't the only thing that was left for us!" Sypher said to Jill as he remove the basket from atop her head. "Let's see here... Some candy... a TM, Ice type from the looks of it... a bunny suit and well that's awfully nice. A Fightinium Z gem!" Setting aside the basket, Sypher proceeded to pull out a Blue sphere crossed with a yellow X and offer it to the Passimian. "If you want you can come with us... Julian?"

Without much thought the newborn poked the button on the Quickball and disappeared into it in a burst of red light. Looking over to Jill, he noticed that she had helped herself to the bunny suit. "I don't think it'll help you out to much, but you look really cute in that. How'bout we go get that juice like I promised?"

After returning to the villa, the pair preceded to find a juice shop. After ordering, Sypher returned to the table at where he had left Jill and Julian. He then proceeded to hand each their juice as well as hand out some candy.

OOC Bookkeeping: Claiming the listed rewards.
Placing Julian the Male Passimian in the first of two Quickballs.
Feeding Julian the Passimian the three chocolate rare candies raising his level to 4.
Feeding Jill the Noibat six rare candies obtained here and here to raise here level from 5 to 11. This leaves me with zero rare candies.
Jill gave herself the Bunny Suit to wear.
Giving Julian the Fightinium Z to hold.

OOC: Thanks Ex for the adventure and for delivering this little fellow unto our little family. Hopefully he won't develop a habit of hitting me in the face with (Aspear) Berries...

Old 05-17-2017, 04:36 PM   #142
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

Quote:
Sparkbeat (2/3) ~please post in lightslategray
Interested in what the egg could be hiding that scared a whole heard of Corsola you decide to claim this egg as your very own. As if hearing your confirmation the egg wobbles in your hand. Wary of the spike adorning the crown you place it on the ground gently to avoid nicking yourself. The egg wobbles and eight splits run down from the spike down to the sides in smooth cracks. The egg splits open with an alien squishing noise and within you see blue tentacles heaving themselves rhythmically. You put your head closer but just when you do the creature jumps out and latches onto your face. A tentacle lifts itself up and you were eye to eye with the Pokémon that had made such an intense greeting. It lets go, lucky for you, rather than trying to breed or suck the life out of you and settles down on the rocky floor. It quickly runs after the herd of Corsola though once spotting them in the distance, and what followed was a short chase as you tried to avoid losing sight of him; an easy task as the creature was slow. You had to remain careful however in picking it up, as spikes adorned the sides of its tentacles. Once you relaxed the creature some more it raises a tentacle behind you to a nearby rock. A trail of slime ran from the shore up to a single boulder where a basket of treats lay waiting for you. Was the Springtime Pyukumuku just here? Picking up the basket you notice it to be gift addressed to you and congratulating you on your new Pokémon.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Male Mareanie
- 1 Poisonium Z or Waterium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

As soon as he made the decision that this was the egg for him, the egg responded by vibrating intensely in his hands. Unsure of what to think and wary of the spike, Spark quickly, but carefully, placed the egg back into the pool of water. Suddenly, a single light blue tentacle smashed open a portion of the shell, eliciting a surprised yip from Neko. Captivated by his own curiosity, Spark knelt beside the egg as more and more tentacles smashed through the brittle casing. Finally, the final two broke through, and the egg crumbled around the newly-born Pokemon, revealing...a mass of spiky tentacles with a pointed top.

"Hmm...weird," Spark mumbled to him, beginning to extend a hand towards the Pokemon. When his hand was nearly touching one of the damp tentacles, however, the Pokemon flung itself into the air without warning. Using its tentacles, it latched itself into Spark's face, finally leaving nothing to cover the bizarre Pokemon's face. Spark found himself inches away from an unblinking pair of yellow eyes. The blue pupils simply stared straight into his own brown ones, leaving the two at a standstill. Seconds, maybe even minutes pass before Spark can completely grasp the situation he's found himself in, his mind a mess of rushed thoughts regarding the sudden appearance of this enigma of a Pokemon.

"Uh...hey," he awkwardly greeted with an appropriately cheeky, dumbfounded smile.

"Mar! Mareanie!" responded the young Mareanie in an excited tone. With the greeting out of the way, the oddity breathed in a deep breath, then without warning, blew a gust of air into Spark's eye before propelling off of him,
the surprise of the playful departure being enough to make the trainer stumble, falling from his knees back onto his back.

"What the...?" Spark chuckled softly, rubbing his right eye while also using his left hand to sit up straight. When the initial shock of the Pokemon's prank wore off, Spark reached into his bag to find it...oddly slimy. Furthermore, he found a goop covered Pokeball in the bag that had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Putting two and two together, he assumed that the Springtime Pyukumuku had struck again. Deciding not to think too hard about the holiday hooligan's shenanigans, Spark continued digging until he procured what he had been looking for: his Pokedex. As the Mareanie seemed to...sniff the air, Spark captured it within the sight of the dex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex
Mareanie, the Brutal Star Pokemon. Mareanie is a Poison and Water type Pokemon that survives primarily on the coral growing on Corsola's head. It attacks its prey using the spike on its head, as well as all ten of its thorny tentacles. However, while deadly, it is quite slow.
As if to prove the Pokedex's point, Mareanie turned the opposite direction of his trainer, perking up at the sound distant Corsola cries. Standing up, Spark could see the herd from earlier starting to return to the shoals, assuming that the intimidating egg from early was gone. Before Spark could react, Mareanie lurched forward, using his tentacles to help speed him along the shallows, mustering all of his strength to reach the banquet before him. Noticing the approaching predator, a cacophony of screeches erupted from the Corsola herd as they turned tail, fleeing haphazardly back into the ocean.

"All right, that's enough fun for now," Spark cautioned, striding over to the fierce predator and carefully plucking him from the ground, the distance between the two being almost nothing despite the desperate need for speed on the part of the starfish. With a pouting frown, Mareanie grumbled his complaints about not being able to follow the call of nature, but his attitude flipped around when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye, pointing it out to his carrier with a tentacle. Following it, Spark was met with the sight of Neko trotting over to the two with a basket in tow. Dropping the handle from her mouth at Spark's feet, Neko spits some familiar goop into the water before looking up expectantly at Spark, eager to see the contents inside.

"Huh, looks like this Springtime Pyukumuku can really get around," Spark commented, placing Mareanie next to a welcoming Neko and leaning down to pick up the gifts. Greeting her new companion, Neko planted a lick right into one of Mareanie's dangerous tentacles. Smirking with nonchalant appeasement, Mareanie watched his new trainer dig around inside the basket while Neko dealt with the repercussions of her actions, lapping up the sea water with her tongue to try to ease the pain. Inside, Spark found an assortment of goods, pocketing an Aurora Veil TM, 3 Springtide Chocolate Rare Candies, and...a bunny suit. Shoving the weird, jerk-reaction thoughts to the back of his mind, he stuffed the items into his bag before zeroing in on the last two remaining items. Casting the basket aside for now, Spark held up a strange, shimmering ring in one hand and a violet, diamond gemstone in the other. Upon further examination, Spark discovered a diamond slot in the ring, prompting him to do the only reasonable thing. The gem clicked into place, fitting inside the hole perfectly.

"Weird..." Spark noted. Unable to find anything else of interest on the ring, Spark simply slid the ring onto his right wrist, then focused his attention back onto his new partner, taking out the still slimy Pokeball. "Well, it looks like there's nothing more to see around here. Let's head back to the mainland...Coron."

OOC: Thanks EAI! Mareanie was one of my top wants, so I'm super happy with this event. Props to all of you for making this run so smoothly!
Old 05-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #143
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:

Jerichi - Please reply in paleturquoise!

You manage to fight off the urge to lick the egg, taking it into your arms as you begin to walk out of the Ice Caverns, definitely very eager to get out of there as soon as possible. However, before you can leave the Caverns, the egg suddenly begins to wobble and glow in your hands. The egg begins to crack and shake harder, almost coming out of your hands, before a bright light fills the cavern. It seems like the egg has hatched!

However, something definitely seems a little off about the Pokemon you hatched. While you know its the Alolan form of a Vulpix, the coloration seems slightly different. In fact, compared to the light blue tint that normal Vulpix has, it seems that this Vulpix has more of a light purplish tint, and seems to be a little more...bright white? The differences are more slight, but it seems that you've hatched a Shiny Alola Vulpix! At the sight of this, you hear a Pokemon behind, turning around and seeing a Pokemon with a pair of bunny ears taped to its head. It's the Springtime Pyukumuku!

It seems that its had its guts vomited out though, and its holding a sack full of goodies. It puts the bag on the ground, before spitting out a thumbs-up at you, congratulating you for the rare hatch. Inside the bag is a number of nice gifts. How thoughtful!

-1 Iceium or Fairium Z
-1 Aurora Veil TM
-3 Easter Chocolate Candies (worth 1 Rare Candy)
-1 Brand Name Bunny Suit: The user's healing moves heal 25% more HP and the user jumps 50% higher.

Please reply to this post to claim your gifts and your Level 1 Female Shiny Alola Vulpix!!!
Jeri was rather surprised to find the egg hatching so soon, especially in such a frigid environment. It seemed counterproductive, but it all made sense when a Vulpix emerged from the egg, this one one of those Alolan variants he had heard of that apparently adapted to a frigid environment by turning into an Ice type. But this one seemed a little different...

"Hello there, little one," Jeri greeted, bending down and offering a hand to sniff.

From this angle, it was quite clear - this Pokémon was differently colored! Shinies, as they were called, were not unknown to Jeri (he owned a few in fact!) but it was always a delight to find one.

He was distracted from his new friend, however, by the strange bunny-eared sea cucumber vomiting up a bag of goodies. Jeri gingerly received the gift, extracting a sparkling crystal with a snowflake somehow etched inside, a TM, a few chocolate candies, a TM, and what seemed to be a bunny suit. He offered the candies to the Vulpix, who ate them greedily.

Jeri watched as the little fox gobbled down he candies. He quickly admitted to himself, though, that this Pokémon, as sweet as she seemed, was not exactly his style, but...

"Why don't we get out of here, little one, and find somewhere a bit warmer. I want to introduce you to someone I think might like you."

OOC: Thanks for this guys! I think we should do more events like this in the future!
Old 05-17-2017, 08:42 PM   #144
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

The world’s favorite season is the spring. All things seem possible in May.

Rotom310 (2/3) – Your last update is here.

---

neverthrive(3/3) – Adding insult to injury on top of everything else Erven was experiencing, the poor trainer falls face-first after tripping over some igneous rock in his path. As for Greg, he could really go for some Bailey's right now – or maybe a dip in the Black Lake – really, anything to relieve him from the hot, sticky, gross humidity that clung to his slippery skin. Hoping that a newfound egg might be his ticket out of this awful environment, he places the egg on his trainer's chest with as much gusto and excitement as he can muster... to no avail.

Trudging on through the intense heat, which seems to grow more and more unbearable by the second, Erven stops to wipe the sweat off his brow and take a few, deep breaths... In this moment of rest, he starts to feel a cool rain falling against his skin. Were there rainclouds hiding among the volcanic ash and soot? No, there didn't seem to be... Where was this feeling coming from? Was the heat causing him to hallucinate? No, Greg, too, seemed to be feeling it as well – oddly enough the rain seems to be missing Pele, who is forging ahead. It seems to be focused on the pair...

The Water Sport stops as soon as the trio catches sight of the culprit, on a precipice above them – a dancing, black figure with bunny ears taped to its head – was it trying to help? The sound of vomiting is quickly followed with a white appendage dropping down to meet them, dropping a basket in front of Erven before quickly retreating, the water type disappearing soon afterward.

The egg in the basket has a turtle crudely drawn on it in magic marker, but the shell is clearly a mud brown color – unlike any turtle Erven knows of. Even so, as cracks appear in the egg's shell, a bright, green turtleshell appears within – attached to what appears to be a Diglett with little hairs on his head. Where on Earth did he get that strange backpack? And why is he trying to imitate a turtle by faceplanting into the ground and wriggling? Poor thing seems to be trying very hard not to be an utter disappointment – maybe with some practice, he will learn to channel his inner turtle. Stranger things have happened...

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Male Alolan Diglett with Turtleshell Backpack (cosmetic)
- 1 Groundium Z OR 1 Steelium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

---

EpicSquirtle (3/3) – Convinced that the Springtime Pyukumuku left eggs even at the highest heights, Voltaire resolves to continue his climb to the top. The second egg he found was just as annoying as the first; this time, it was sounds instead of scents. What a racket! Voltaire could barely hear himself think when he was near that egg. How long would it take for him to find an egg that wasn't annoying?

As Voltaire continues through the treetops, he is stopped short by a peculiar sight: a giant, black blob adorned with fake bunny ears balances on a nearby tree branch, which sags under the Pokemon's weight. The creature's pink eyes focus on the Emolga, and a strange pyu pyu pyu laughter bursts forth.

All alone? The creature tilts its head. No, that cannot be so! There are friends all around you. The creature laughs, once again, and vomits a white appendage which grabs onto another branch, and the Springtime Pyukumuku swings away like Tarzan. Strange, indeed... Voltaire can feel the branch he's standing on sag down as something grabs it, very briefly, before moving on... presumably the crazy Pokemon he just witnessed was at fault. The slime left behind on the branch seems to confirm this... but, oh! What's this? A basket was left behind, with an egg resting among a collection of Springtime goodies! This egg appears more ball-shaped than other eggs that Voltaire has seen, and the occupant bursts forth immediately with strength and gusto – a monkey-like creature with a green helmet upon her head, who smiles eagerly at the sight of Voltaire. Despite being a babe fresh from the egg, she seems quite at home in this forest, and keen to guide the Emolga back home. In fact, she holds out her hand, offering to throw him like a coconut... perhaps that's an offer best declined.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Female Passimian
- 1 Fightinium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

---

uhhhhh (3/3) – Though taking the egg hidden within the icy compartment is tempting to Connor, particularly given the species that he guessed would be inside, he ultimately decides that, once again, he will only be taking a photograph. As the shutter clicks, Connor does a double-take; was a giant, white hand-like object making bunny ears behind the egg? Whatever it was that Connor saw, it was gone the moment the photographer lowered his camera. Still, there would be footage to review, at least...

As the pair forge on, they come across an ice-filled clearing – it appears as if a giant lake once existed here, but years of cold weather have frozen it solid. Before the trio have a chance to slip and slide across to investigate, something comes rolling down the ice, nearly taking Connor's right foot out, but veering out of the way at the last moment – smashing right into a rock behind them! The shatter makes Connor's stomach churn; had that been an egg? And, if so, could the baby possibly be all right? What manner of Springtime beast could let harm befall one of these precious little ones?

Thankfully, their worst fears are not realized. Despite the fact that the shattering was, indeed, an eggshell hitting the rock, the baby within pops up quite unharmed, owed in no small part to her incredibly sturdy body. The ice/steel type looks up with her big, blue eyes at the trio gathered to check on her well-being, and an impish grin spreads across her face. She has a look in her eyes like she was responsible for her own crash - this reckless little girl is going to be a handful.

Boo points behind the rock, and, sure enough, it seems as if an Easter basket has been left near the Alolan Sandshrew's birthsite (that also doubled as a crash site, apparently).

The soft echo of pyu-pyu-pyu surrounds the group, fulling the clearing with strange laughter, before the sound – and presumably its source – vanishes.

You obtained:
- 1 Icium Z OR 1 Steelium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

---

Crys (1/3) – Determination fills Maria's eyes, and after a bit of physical testing to make sure that the statue would hold her weight, she carefully attempts the climb, swing and scoot to her desired egg – a feat that requires a certain amount of dexterity. Though it takes patience, forethought and steady, deliberate motion, the young trainer successfully overcomes the obstacle of height and claims the egg and fan as her prize. Of course, it was one thing to make her way up the statue bare-handed; it was another entirely to navigate back down with two full hands. Thinking quickly, Maria calls upon the aid of Buffy the Bouffalant, who is skeptical of the plan at first – after all, for Maria to jump on her puffy, afro-covered head, it would require a smooth and well-aimed landing. Thankfully, that seems to be the result of the plan, despite Buffy's initial hesitation.

After a brief remark expressing surprise at the strength of the bull's head (and the soft hair atop it), Maria turns her attention to the egg and the fan. It seems that cracks have already begun to form at the top of the egg, spreading down through the shell, all the way down to the bottom... with a shimmy and a shake, the shell bursts open, revealing a monkey-like creature with a wise expression. He turns his head in the direction of the statue and points – a strange, black, blob-like Pokemon with bunny ears taped to its head appears to be hiding behind it, and the moment he is pointed out by the sagely orangutan, he cries out with an embarrassed pyuuuuu and quickly slithers away – faster than one would think possible. Making his way around the statue, the Oranguru retrieves an Easter Basket, presumably left by the strange bunny-eared visitor, before holding it out to Maria with one hand and making a gesture with the other by outstretching his hand and motioning towards the item his egg was found with. He seems to be requesting a trade – the Easter Basket for his fan.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Male Oranguru
- 1 Normalium Z OR 1 Psychium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

---

Meetan (1/3) – Showering her Swinub with affection at the lucky discovery, Alice moves in for a closer look, giving the picture-perfect egg an appropriate treatment. No sooner do the pair move in on the egg than cracks begin to appear on the formerly smooth shell's surface, a pale, gray nose popping through the newly-formed hole and taking in the first smells of its life. A soft, happy coo emanates from within the egg, and the nose pushes through the eggshell, revealing a foxlike head covered in gorgeous white fur. The rest of the shell soon falls away, revealing the snowy white baby within. She approaches Alice with great curiosity, lifting a small, blue-tinted paw to carefully poke against the trainer's bright pink boots. She seems to like the color!

A streak of black rushes past out of the corner of Alice's eye, accompanied by a loud and gregarious pyu-pyu-pyu and though the source is gone before the trainer is even able to turn around, an Easter Basket seems to have been left behind in a small pile of snow. How odd... and what was that slimy streak across the ice? Perhaps some mysteries are better left unsolved...

You obtained:
- 1 Icium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

Old 05-17-2017, 10:25 PM   #145
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Rotom310 (2/3) – Drew can't help but comment at the utter lack of quality and fashion sense displayed by this particular stand. In fact, some of the lenses look so terrible that one doubts they would even keep the sun out of one's eyes. Rotom informs his trainer of the discovery recently made by the thermal camera; the egg was clearly using up a lot of energy, and was probably very close to hatching. Even so, Drew can't picture himself bringing the Pokemon he believes to be inside on his team, and so, he leaves the egg to be discovered by another trainer while continuing his own search – perhaps at a nearby food stall. Who wants to search for eggs on an empty stomach, after all?

The first food stand that Drew and Rotom come across is the ever-infamous fried dessert stand; it was a specialty of Springtide Isle to take already unhealthy desserts and than fry them again. Old Gateaus fried in red velvet dough! Berries fried in chocolate dough! Sweet fried Poke Beans! The list goes on... and yet, rather than the sweet, oily smell of fried goods that one would expect, the stench emanating from the stand is rather... unpleasant.

The reason soon becomes apparent – sitting on top of the cash register is a green egg with a yellow stripe. It smells like it might be rotting... is the Pokemon inside okay? It seems to be wiggling a bit, so it's probably healthy...

Will Drew and Rotom investigate, or continue on?
Stomach grumbling, Drew pushed through the market crowd in search of sustenance. Food on the brain, he could already imagine the crunch of a churro stick… Or the sweetness of a chocolate coated berry… Or maybe even, Drew thought as his mouth watered, the delicious texture of a deep fried Gateau. Man, that’d be a blast from the past.

With Gateau on his mind, a thought struck Drew. Turning to Rotom, the man said, “Hey, if we find a dessert stand, you want anything? I’m thinking Gateau if we can find it.”

The Rotom gave an electric hum. “Oh, now that’s nostalgic. Don’t exactly have a mouth like this though,” the electric-type said, creating an electric appendage to gesture to his currently cell-phone-shaped self.

Behind his sunglasses, Drew rolled his amber eyes. “Then get out of there. I’m sure we could handle finding an egg the old-fashioned way.”

A responding eye roll was the Rotom’s response, though he did proceed to dismount the phone without warning. No stranger to the plasma Pokémon’s spontaneity, Drew caught the device without breaking stride and in one fluid motion slipped it into his pocket. Shaking himself out in a crackle of electricity – as if getting reused to his shape – Rotom stretched a bit before following his trainer, motions much more erratic unconfined to a device.

A few more minutes of search brought Drew & Rotom to a food stand, and as luck would have it, a dessert stand at that! Drew moaned aloud as he saw the sign for the market’s infamous fried dessert stall. And they even had Gateau! Beelining to the register, Drew had one thought in his mind: that red velvet fried cake. His focus so narrow, he didn’t even notice his Rotom suddenly stop with a nauseous grimace, nor did he notice the suspiciously thinned crowd.

Reaching the stall, Drew paused before ordering, desiring one delightful whiff of the fried goodness in the stall… only to double over with a horrified cough. The hell was that smell?! Hand clamping his nose shut, Drew whipped his head around in search of the source of the stench. Soon enough, the smell’s origin became apparent: a green egg bobbing happily atop the register, unconcerned about the odor emanating from it. Sputtering, Drew found himself equal parts impressed and angry. On the one hand, Drew couldn’t help but admire the Springtime Pyukumuku’s inherent trolliness in this choice of hiding place. On the other… he’d just wanted a Gateau, dammit! Appetite thoroughly lost, Drew backed away from the stand to rejoin his Rotom.

The two stared at the stand for a moment, before wordlessly nodding in agreement and continuing down the market row. There was sure to be someone who’d like that egg, but with dreams of Gateau dashed, that someone was unfortunately not them.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:02 AM   #146
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Quote:
EpicSquirtle (3/3) – Convinced that the Springtime Pyukumuku left eggs even at the highest heights, Voltaire resolves to continue his climb to the top. The second egg he found was just as annoying as the first; this time, it was sounds instead of scents. What a racket! Voltaire could barely hear himself think when he was near that egg. How long would it take for him to find an egg that wasn't annoying?

As Voltaire continues through the treetops, he is stopped short by a peculiar sight: a giant, black blob adorned with fake bunny ears balances on a nearby tree branch, which sags under the Pokemon's weight. The creature's pink eyes focus on the Emolga, and a strange pyu pyu pyu laughter bursts forth.

All alone? The creature tilts its head. No, that cannot be so! There are friends all around you. The creature laughs, once again, and vomits a white appendage which grabs onto another branch, and the Springtime Pyukumuku swings away like Tarzan. Strange, indeed... Voltaire can feel the branch he's standing on sag down as something grabs it, very briefly, before moving on... presumably the crazy Pokemon he just witnessed was at fault. The slime left behind on the branch seems to confirm this... but, oh! What's this? A basket was left behind, with an egg resting among a collection of Springtime goodies! This egg appears more ball-shaped than other eggs that Voltaire has seen, and the occupant bursts forth immediately with strength and gusto – a monkey-like creature with a green helmet upon her head, who smiles eagerly at the sight of Voltaire. Despite being a babe fresh from the egg, she seems quite at home in this forest, and keen to guide the Emolga back home. In fact, she holds out her hand, offering to throw him like a coconut... perhaps that's an offer best declined.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Female Passimian
- 1 Fightinium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

As determined as ever, Voltaire continued to climb. He would find an egg! He would find his ticket to freedom and Patches love! He just had to climb a little higher.
As the Emolga pressed ever onward, he soon stopped at the sight of a black egg perched on a nearby tree branch. Taking a second glance, Voltaire realized it wasn't an egg, but a strange blob with bunny ears! To make matters worse, the strange creature appeared to be laughing at him.

"Who are you laughing at?! I'm on a mission here!" Voltaire exclaimed. As soon as the words escaped his mouth, it suddenly dawned on him, this was the Springtime Pyukumuku!
"So you think it's funny to plant those annoying eggs around huh? You have no idea who you're messing with." Voltaire said, glaring at the creature.

In turn, the creature tilted it's head, seemingly questioning the fact that Voltaire was all alone. The Pyukumuku then told the Emolga that it couldn't be so, and that friends were all around him.
"Yeah, but only the annoying ones." Voltaire retorted.

The creature began to laugh again, before swinging away with a strange white appendage from it's mouth.
Voltaire let out a sigh, before turning back towards the tree, ready to climb yet again. But much to his surprise, their was basket waiting for him! Inside the basket was a strange looking egg...had the Springtime Pyukumuku left it for him?
Before Voltaire could have time to examine the contents of the basket, the egg broke open, revealing a large monkey Pokemon! The creature seemed happy to see him, offering to throw him like a coconut.

"Umm...no thanks..." Voltaire replied weakly. This wouldn't do at all! Of any Pokemon he could have gotten, it had to be this one! Though the Emolga didn't mind the look of it too much, he knew that Patches wouldn't be pleased with such a creature. His plan was ruined!
Or maybe not...he could always try and find a trainer eager to trade his findings, Voltaire reasoned. Feeling slightly better, Voltaire began to rummage through the basket.
The thing in particular that had caught his eye, was a strange white ring. At the top of the ring appeared to be a weird crystal, it appeared to have a fist like symbol in the center.
The Emolga didn't quite know what the device was about, but he reasoned that his trainer would probably be pleased with it.
"Alright...now the only problem is getting back down." Voltaire murmured.
Regardless of what happened next, Voltaire knew he would be in for quite the ride....

Ooc: Thank you so much for the event! Even though I didn't get what I wanted, I still had a really fun time with this.
Collecting a Lv.1 Female Passimian, Fightinium Z, TM Aurora Veil, 3 Springtide Chocolate Rare Candies and a Bunny Suit.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #147
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
lilbluecorsola (1/3) ~please post in paletuquoise
Your Spheal was oblivious to the danger it had put you and your partners in, while your Vanillite was the one who showed real courage by charging straight through the raining hail of crystal spears in order to retrieve the egg safely. Leo merely puffed his chest when you scolded him, though it didn’t matter anymore as everyone, including the egg, was back safe and sound. You weren’t sure for how long though, and out of fear for the little critter inside the egg Kim had placed in your arms you determined it was for the best if you held on to it and remove it from such a dangerous area. You hold onto the egg tightly as you trot you way back the way you came, getting only slightly lost in the meantime. You give a small sigh of frustration/disappointment and your hot breath encircles the egg as if clouding it in its warmth. The egg stirs in reaction to it and wobbles vigorously in your hands – it was hatching you realised. A single crack slid down the side and more soon followed. Eventually the egg shell split into separate pieces that scattered and dropped to the ground, revealing a brilliant white fox nuzzled within your arms. She opens her lids with the gentlest of movements and with a small spark in her eyes as she gazed at you with wonder. You welcome it and it reacts positively to you as it sniffs and stirs within the warm safety of your cradling, preferring it to walking on the ground it seemed.

Eventually you press on, the new Pokémon in tow, as you backtrack your way to find the exit, only to come across what looked like an igloo and a young man with a young pangolin of sorts. Your new Pokémon seems to get along with her alright though and pretty soon one of them indicates a set of baskets against the cave wall, one of each dedicated to you and the young man who had introduced himself as Hyrem.

You obtained:
- 1 Icium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

As Jess trekked through the icy halls, she soon found herself getting lost within the labyrinth - only without the aid of a thread to guide her this time. She breathed out a sigh of frustration and frost, which escaped her lips in warm, white wafts. Like a lei of lilies, they encircled the Egg she was holding in a garland of smoke; mixing with its own wreaths of mist, bathed in both heat and chill. A volcanic ring of ash settling around a dormant womb, waiting to awake.

It rumbled in response, as a crack emerged on its surface: spiderwebs running down the side like rivulets of lava, trickles of light spilling forth as it erupted - into life. When the radiance faded, there remained an albino fox nestled in her arms, snuggling its silver fur up against her skin. Jess marveled at the miracle that had just taken place before her, having never witnessed the birth of such a majestic creature before - let alone one of such an unusual color.

Lids fluttered open; long lashes batting as the bantam bundle blinked blearily up at her, revealing clear blue gems of crystal beneath a tufted swirl of bangs. Similarly curled locks stretched behind her - six wispy tails whisking back and forth in rhythmic swishes as she yawned and cuddled closer, seeming to prefer the protection of her incubator rather than explore the rest of the world she had just been born into.

Jess hadn't the heart to deny the newborn her carriage, so she continued to cradle the critter against her breast as they looked for a way out of the maze. Kim hovered close by, cooing over their new companion. Leo meanwhile was more interested in investigating their surroundings, admiring himself in the mirrored walls as he struck a number of bold poses, the warped facets making him appear bigger in the process.

Eventually they stumbled into another wide section of the caverns, somehow managing to misdirect themselves to a different exit than the one from which they entered. There they came upon a scene of a young man knelt beside what appeared to be a miniature igloo, with a full-grown member of her hatchling's species spectating by his side. He seemed to be endeavoring to peer within the hut's tiny entrance hole, calling out something to its interior.

As she drew nearer, Jess realized she recognized the lad's familiar features. She'd met him a few years ago, when he was an enthusiastic young trainer just starting out on his journey. She felt a twinge of guilt, recalling he had made many efforts to contact her before she vanished off the grid, but she'd been preoccupied with other priorities. Social interaction was still an extremely difficult task to her, and she was a bit afraid to approach now after having left things hanging for long, but she steeled herself and attempted to initiate a dialogue.

"Hey, Hyrem," she announced with a wave (suddenly self-conscious she still had rolls of tissues stuffed up her nose, making her speech sound thick). "Fancy meeting you here. It's been a while, whatcha up to?"

As he greeted and explained the situation, she joined him in crouching curiously beside the ice cube construct, hoping to also catch a glimpse of the skittish Sandshrew within.

Jess was once again surprised to see the form was not quite what she expected: she was curled in a corner of the cottage, as wan as a sheet and her environment, blending into the backdrop. Shivering not from cold, but from fear. She cowered as Jess stooped to get a closer look, shrinking into herself - only was unable to completely close the circle due to a heavy helmet around her head. Jess felt a pang of empathy for the poor thing, relating to Tessie's initial reticence when she was first introduced to others (as well as her own), often retreating into her shell and shelter as a shield.

Leo grinned and barked eagerly in salutation at the stranger, but again the loud noise only seemed to startle her more. Jess sensed a tug on her sleeve, and saw Kim gesturing at her backpack. She tried to deposit the load in her limbs on the ground in order to take the straps off, but the kit struggled in protest, seeming reluctant to have her paws touch the snow. Sheepishly, she turned to Hyrem.

"Do you mind holding her? She seems to like being carried."

She offered out the squirming furball, passing to her partner before removing her pack. She sat the satchel on the ground, and lifted the flap to allow Kim to duck inside, digging through its contents. Eventually she retrieved a small icebox, hefting it with great effort onto the earth. Opening the latch, she obtained 1x Casteliacone and presented it to the pangolin through the little lodge's opening, who piqued upon spotting the sweet treat. Uncoiling, she crawled cautiously towards the dessert, sniffing it all over before tentatively sticking out her tongue to taste. Her eyes lit up, and she scurried out of her sanctuary to snatch the snowcone, lapping it up with delight.

Jess giggled as she watched the excited shrew devour her prize, smearing shavings all over her snout as she licked her claws clean. ...For some reason, a memory suddenly tickled in the back of her mind: of a desert, an oasis, a mirage, and then- falling into a pit of gold-plated rodents who looked ready to tear her apart...

"Er, nice shrewsies, please don't eat me..."

The image flashed for but an instant; again, the details were so vague she couldn't even be sure whether it was real or not. But, one thing she was certain of: Despite the terror she felt back then, she felt somewhat at fault for intruding on a clan's territory - a family's "home".

Jessica glanced to Vulpix, who was already getting acquainted with Hyrem's Ninetales, nuzzling against each other's necks. The two made a motherly-looking picture, like a Hallmark Christmas card despite it being the wrong season - creating an instant connection based on mutual understanding. As for this one though... Jess thought as she gazed at Sandshrew: She was all alone, without anyone of comparable kind to call a compatriot - her close "kin".

Well, perhaps she spoke too soon. The Sandshrew was now eyeing Leo's spherical body with a keen gleam, seeming to find some comfort in meeting another blue-and-white being of a build akin to hers. Leo was looking at the shape of the snow fort itself, mentally making the mound into a mountain as he decided to climb on top and claim his spot as "king" of the hill, roaring in triumph. Kim rolled her eyes as she snuck behind the so-called "ruler", humming innocently as she gave a gentle shove to his backside, pushing off his throne's precarious perch. Leo squeaked as he received a smart boot to his heiny, sending his royal highness toppling and tumbling into a snowbank, flailing spectacularly as he became quite stuck.

Jess chuckled as she overlooked the proceedings, and Sandshrew seemed entertained - enticed - as well, clambering up to the summit and gleefully sliding down in same fashion, vanishing into the softness with a *plop* from forward momentum, only to pop her crown out from the pile a moment later, eyes shining with joy. Leo likewise managed to extract himself, and the two began to play a game of tobaggoning, racing each other to see who could fly farthest and fastest. Vulpix soon joined in as well, whilst Kim tested them by composing an obstacle course full of challenging hurdles to jump over, merrily flopping over each other in the fluff at the finish line as they quickly became fast friends.

As Jess examined the dome dwelling itself, she wondered who had erected it in the first place - and for what purpose. According to the advertisement, all the Eggs had been abandoned as a result of all the chaos taking place recently in the region, and thus the Springtime Pyukumuku was seeking someone to welcome each of them to a safe and stable abode, to raise with love and care in a time of turmoil. Could the brick building be a refuge built by a missing mother, a fortified haven from harm for her heir, whom she would ultimately never get to meet? A last bastion, and reminder of a relative long gone...

At that moment, one of the playmates perked, pointing out a pair of baskets tucked in a crevice against the wall, chock-full of chocolate and other goodies. Each was addressed with one of the humans' names, meaning the "white rabbit" had somehow anticipated their arrival at this juncture. Curioser and curioser...

As they distributed the gifts amongst themselves, spreading and sharing wealth as well as stories of what they'd been up to, Jess found herself growing more relaxed in striking a casual conversation with the boy beside her, feeling at ease amongst friends. (Not to mention seeing their Pokémon get along so well, as even Sandshrew seemed to have shed her shyness by this point.) It was nice to find a familiar face, who hadn't forgotten hers either despite disappearing for so long. The world was a big and scary place indeed, and constantly in flux. Like a roller coaster ride with all its ups and downs, highs and lows and thrilling loop-de-loops, throwing its passengers for a loop. Things changed - were changing. (Hopefully for the better.) ...But, it was nice to know that amidst all the dizzying alteration and anarchy - some things still remained the same.

OoC - Thanks for this event, EAI and co.! And to GS for being a good sport/patient with my RP requests. XP (Apologies for making a few amendments/taking liberties with the story again, but I figured this would be a good way to get some development in.)

Picking up:

1x Icium Z
1x TM AURORA VEIL
3x Springtide Chocolate Rare Candies
1x Bunny Suit (allows a Pokémon to jump 50% higher than usual and increases the effectiveness of its healing moves by 25%)

Thanks again! And Happy Egg Hunting to anyone who's left~

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 05-20-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #148
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Sneaze - Please reply in yellow!

You are by yourself as your approach the Shrine dedicated to the diety of the moon, but its not an unwelcome surprise for you; just a different change of pace. The towering figure of the Moon Diety looms over you, giving the area around you a sense of dread. This was clearly a place where someone who was disrespectful would be judged, and judged heavily. You gingerly look around the shrine, careful not to disturb anything when someone catches your eye in one of the corners of the shrine.

It's an egg, and it seems notably out of the way in the shrine, meaning it probably wasn't given as an offering. You look over the egg, noting the main thing about it that its covered in an scale shaped pattern. The entire thing looks completely covered in scales, but when you touch the egg its completely smooth. The scales all look like large yellow hearts. You tap the egg to see if it moves at all, and while the egg doesn't move, you note that it sounds like you hit a metal bell. A metallic ringing sound chimes through the Shrine, loud enough that it makes you a little worried about angering the diety. But nothing happens.

What will you do?

Mon1010 - Please reply in deeppink!

You cradle the egg in your arms, happy to have found one. For you, all Pokemon were things to be loved and appreciated. Surely a sentiment that anyone would respect. While you're holding the egg, and your Cottonee is munching on the various berries that are left around the nest, the egg begins to shake and you can hear chirping noises coming from inside of it. You look at the egg in your arms; even your Cottonee looks up from its feast as it sees that the egg in your arms is beginning to hatch. After that, initially nothing happens but soon you see a beak poke out of the egg, breaking a piece of the shell off and sending it flying up in the air and towards the ground.

Soon, the Pokemon has throughly pecked itself out of the egg, little pieces of egg shell all around you as the Pokemon looks up at you. It's a black and white bird Pokemon with a red stripe up its face. It looks at you with its big, blue eyes, its long beak almost poking you in the face. It's Pikipek! The bird Pokemon chirps as it flies out of your arms and begins to eat the berries it saw , greedily chomping down on the berries. As you watch the Pikipek eat, suddenly, gifts fall from the branches above you, hitting you on the head. You see that it was a loosely bound package, and some of the gifts spilled out of it.

x1 Normalium or Flynium Z
x1 Aurora Veil TM

Please reply to this post to claim your Level 1 Female Pikipek and your gifts!
Old 05-20-2017, 07:04 AM   #149
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Gemini Spark (1/3) ~please post in paletuquoise
With a bit of difficulty you manage to roll the egg out of its icy home by the tips of your fingers. The smooth and cold touch of the egg warmed slightly within the palms of your hands and you knew instinctively that that meant the egg was about to hatch. You had never seen one occur in real time before and you anxiously sit down and warm up the egg further in anticipation of obtaining a new partner and witnessing the birth of life first-hand. Your Ninetales closes in, the heat from her body radiating onto the egg’s shell and providing the last necessary catalyst. The egg wobbles and cracks. One by one, rectangles with sharp corners shed themselves off until the shell was so instable the Pokémon within burst out to greet you. The icy armadillo skips out of her eggy base and proceeds to flop belly-down on an icy patch to skid into the entrance of the igloo, disappearing away from you out of fright. You could only proceed by trying to coax the Pokémon back out.

A little later, after getting the new Pokémon out of its home, a girl walks out of one of the icy corridors, a newly hatched, and nervous, Vulpix held within her arms. The two of you greet and spend some time together – the Sandshrew and Vulpix getting along perfectly - before one of your Pokémon points out two baskets against the cave wall, one each addressed to you and the girl known as Jess.

You obtained:
- 1 Icium Z or Steelium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

As Hyrem sat the egg in his lap, he could tell the egg was about to hatch and started rubbing it in an effort to give it the warmth it needed. Ahri moved even closer, her face very close to the egg, and the general warmth of her Fire-type body, as well as the heat of her breath, seemed to be what pushed the egg to reveal the contents inside it, piece by rectangular piece. Finally, the creature inside began to stir, a rodent looking animal with small, sharp claws on its arms and legs and covered completely in a white shell, only its cream belly and blue eyes deviating from the rest of its body. Before he could whip out his Pokedex, however, the Pokemon scampered out of his lap and slid on its belly until she was back in the strange ice cave. "Aw, it's okay, don't be scared, we just want to see you!" Hyrem called out to the cave, crawling up to the entrance to find it laying flat on its belly with its hands covering its face, not wanting anything to disturb it. He took this opportunity to take out his Pokedex and get a read on this new Pokemon since it didn't look like it was going anywhere:

Sandshrew, the Mouse Pokemon. This is the alternate form of the species, first discovered in the Alola region. They live in snowy mountains and travel by sliding on ice using their bellies. This inspired a sport that originated in Alolan festivals called curling that is now used in international events during winter. Unlike other species of Sandshrew, these Pokemon developed shells on their back that are as hard as steel and therefore cannot curl their bodies into a ball to protect themselves.

“Wow, that’s cool! So apparently there’s two types of Sandshrew? Wonder where I can find the other one…” He let his mind wander for a moment, having never seen in person what Sandshrew look like normally (you’ve seen them in books, right!?) before snapping out of it. “Oh yeah, I should probably get this one out of her cave…” Putting away his Pokedex, he bent down his face so he could see the Ice-type again. “It’s okay, there’s nothing to be scared of,” he said. “Nine~” added Ahri, peeking through the entrance as well, though it seemed when Sandshrew was aware of the Ninetales’s presence she withdrew even further, and Hyrem soon realized why:

“Oh, I bet she recognizes you’re a Fire-type!” He checked the Pokedex entry again, and, sure enough, this species of Sandshrew was classified as Ice/Steel, both types considered vulnerable to Fire and doubly so when combined together. “Yeah, that might be why she’s really afraid, she can’t stand being around you! Sorry girl, you’ll have to back off for now.” Ahri whimpered, sad to discover that this new Pokemon that just hatched out of her egg wouldn’t have anything to do with her. She padded away from the area and out of sight with her tails lowered (though not quite touching the ice), hoping that her trainer’s thinking would be enough to draw out the rodent. “It’s okay, the scary, hot Pokemon is gone now, you can come out~” The Sandshrew peeked through her claws at the trainer, but still she refused to slide her way out of the igloo. “Hm, still not enough,” he muttered. “What am I going to do? I don’t even know what food she might like...”

Nine nine!” Ahri barked, noticing someone new and tried to make Hyrem aware of them. He got up and saw a woman holding a cute fox that looked strangely like what Ahri used to be, along with a Vanillite and a Spheal. As they drew closer, he recognized the woman as Jess, another older trainer he thought had left Fizzy Bubbles for good. “Hi Jess, how are you doing?” he called out to her.
"Hey, Hyrem," she called back, seemingly stuffed up with tissues in her nose. "Fancy meeting you here. It's been a while, whatcha up to?"
“Oh, I was looking for an egg and found one that hatched into a Sandshrew, an Ice-type one, but she got spooked by Ahri being around her and went back into that little house there where I found her. Now I can’t get her out!”

She bent down to have a look at the Alolan Sandshrew, the Spheal joining her but only making the baby even more withdrawn with his noises. Then the Vanillite pointed to her trainer’s backpack, but before she could take it off, the familiar looking Pokemon squirmed, wanting to stay in her arms, so she turned to Hyrem. "Do you mind holding her? She seems to like being carried."
“That sounds familiar,” Hyrem chuckled, looking to the Ninetales before accepting the bundle of soft fur and tails and letting Jess try to coax the Alolan Sandshrew out. “And you look familiar,” he said to the kit looking up at him from his arms as he carefully reached for his Pokedex again to scan the creature:

Vulpix, the Fox Pokemon, and an alternate form of the species, first discovered in the Alola region. Referred to by older locals of Alola as “Keokeo”, it can cool its body during hot weather by releasing small, harmless ice shards around itself to form a refreshing spray. Its breath is well below the freezing point and can chill most foes on contact, making their movement sluggish.

“Wow, you really are an Ice-type Vulpix!” he said, starting to be enraptured by the baby Vulpix’s curious stare, her build revealed by the Pokedex to have longer legs and a slimmer build than other Vulpix did, presumably meant to be able to walk through snow without worrying about their belly brushing against the white powder they trod under. Ahri soon joins him and coos at the kit who coos back and starts nuzzling her. “Aw, you really like her, don’t you?” he noted, to which he got a “Nine nine~” from Ahri and then a rub from her wet nose, followed by a small lick to his neck before she and the baby looked at each other lovingly, the older Fire-type settling down with her front paws on Hyrem’s lap while the younger Ice-type began to nestle into the other’s chest fur.

As this happened, Hyrem looked up to check on his Alolan Sandshrew; it appeared Jess was successful in drawing her out by using a Casteliacone! “You did it, Jess! Wow, why didn’t I think of that, I have those too!” he muttered to himself, his hand reaching for the side of his head. “Now that I am thinking about them, however…” He carefully reached into his bag and pulled out one of his own Casteliacones (1/5) and presented it to her. “Since the Sandshrew over there got one, I think it’s only fair you get one too,” he explained. The arctic kit inspected this treat, exactly the same as the one given to the Alolan Sandshrew, and took a small taste of it before squealing in delight and taking a bigger bite out of it. She then looks at Ahri, who couldn’t help but reveal her own mouth watering at the sight of the tasty dessert. “Vulpix~” the baby cooed again, nudging the cone towards her as if offering her to partake as well. “Niiine~” said Ahri before she took her own bite out of the cone and nudged it back, although not completely toward the baby fox. It seemed they agreed to share this one, and all Hyrem did was hold the treat in his hand and watched as the pair took measured bites out of the cone so there wouldn’t be too much left on their faces. As they worked, he could feel some of the ice cream melt and trickle down his hand and some of the cone crumble and stick to the melted ice cream as well; once the foxes had finished off the bottom of the cone, they were all too happy to put their tongues to work licking every last drop of ice cream and every last crumb of cone off of the young man’s hand. “Hey, that tickles!” he could only laugh, as every attempt to move his hand caused it to be gently nipped by Ahri, holding it in place while the younger one tasted the new hand. Once both were sure the hand was completely clean, they licked their lips to get the last of the taste left, both fully enjoying the treat.

At that point, the Alolan Vulpix’s attention was grabbed by the Alolan Sandshrew and the Spheal sliding around the ice and snow in some sort of race, with the Vanillite making challenges for the other Pokemon by using Ice-type attacks to create obstacles for them, and for the first time she leapt out of Hyrem’s lap and took her first steps on the ice, wanting to join in on the fun. She beckoned Ahri to join with her, but the Ninetales shook her head, respectfully declining out of fear of getting any sort of blemish on her fur coat. The Vulpix left to play with the other Ice-types anyway and had a lot of fun doing so while Ahri looked on with a longing for the little kit.

I wish she was the one that hatched from our egg, Hyrem heard a voice inside his head which startled him. Who...who is that? he asked in his own thoughts, looking around for the source. Ahri perked up and started looking around as well. Who said that!? That’s not my mind, and not Sera’s either, he heard, again in the same, soft voice. About a minute of this ensued, and finally Hyrem and Ahri looked at each other. Wh- ...is that you, Ahri? he asked.
Master? came the reply. I-I heard a voice wanting that Vulpix to be with us. Was that your voice?
I heard exactly the same thing! the thought flashed in his own mind. Wait...does this mean…

We can hear each other’s thoughts?

That time, the idea came to his mind at exactly the same time that he heard the voice, and that moment was a conclusive piece of evidence on the matter. Now Hyrem’s mind was linked with Ahri’s just as his was with Sera’s! It must have just happened right as they were thinking of exactly the same thought as each other. Well, this is new, he thought. I figured this kind of thing only worked between me and Sera. Ahri quickly regained her composure and gave a typical fox’s grin. Oh, darling, surely you know I have a good amount of Psychic abilities, yes?
That’s true, I guess, he mused. But is that what’s really going on? Or can I do this with anyone?
I wouldn’t know, that’s something we’ll have to find out sometime, Ahri’s voice tickled his mind with how soft it rang, and the Ninetales grabbed onto his shoulders with her paws, allowing him to look her in the eyes before continuing. But for now, I appreciate this new gift we have. After all, now I’ll know without a doubt when my human has forgotten to bathe himself. She then gave him a slow, gentle lick to the chin before she said, Like today~?
Erk, I was really hoping you wouldn’t notice that! he thought.
It’s fine, I’ll let this slight pass as we are in the presence of company, she sighed, lifting her paws off his shoulders and letting her claws click the ice. I do hope from now on, however, that you’ll learn to be more...vigilant. A small flame escaped her mouth as she slowly licked her lips, whether that was for one more attempt to get some sort of ice cream flavor left or to show that her threat was serious, before sauntering off towards Jess in an effort to get some attention out of the other trainer.

One of the Pokemon playing around was able to help Hyrem focus on something else, namely the two baskets filled to the brim with goodies, one with Jess’s name on it and the other with his own. Two of the things in his basket caught his attention in particular: a special looking bracelet and a gray crystal with the symbol of a cube with different looking textures on each side. These were revealed to be a Z-Ring and a Z-Crystal; as the trainer wears the Z-Ring and a Pokemon holds a Z-Crystal, all the trainer need do is strike a specific pose, and the Pokemon unleashes a very powerful Z-Move that can only be used once by that Pokemon per battle. It sounded a lot like Mega Evolution, except it was for an instant, devastating attack, rather than a transformation that altered the Pokemon itself. Well, he wasn’t about to say no to that, so he fit the Z-Ring on the arm that didn’t sport the Mega Ring and the Key Stone fitted in it, though he saved the crystal, known as Steelium Z, until he could figure out what to do with it. He then took the basket and walked with Jess, keeping the Pokeball provided to him on hand until the Sandshrew was ready to hop inside it. Until then, he was content talking with Jess, helping each other catch up on what happened to them since they last met while also interacting with their new Ice-type Pokemon. (Sandshrew, while having gotten over her fears at this point, was still impossible to pick up, not because she was unwilling, but because she weighed almost 90 lbs.! That’s one hefty baby!) In addition, the same thought continued to bounce around Ahri and Hyrem’s head: this new Vulpix would be perfect as a new member to the family. And it would continue to bounce around until the two trainers got off the island, when they could discuss a possible trade between their hatchlings…

{Thanks everyone! I’m excited for what lilblue and I both hatched! It just turned out that we both got what the other wanted, and I’m happy it worked out that way! my ending is more adorable tho Happy super late Easter everyone!!}

Event Capture!! A Lv. 1 Female Alolan Sandshrew has joined your party!

Claim:
Z-Ring
Steelium Z
TM Aurora Veil
3 Springtide Chocolate Rare Candies
Bunny Suit

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 05-20-2017, 09:18 AM   #150
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Meetan (1/3) – Showering her Swinub with affection at the lucky discovery, Alice moves in for a closer look, giving the picture-perfect egg an appropriate treatment. No sooner do the pair move in on the egg than cracks begin to appear on the formerly smooth shell's surface, a pale, gray nose popping through the newly-formed hole and taking in the first smells of its life. A soft, happy coo emanates from within the egg, and the nose pushes through the eggshell, revealing a foxlike head covered in gorgeous white fur. The rest of the shell soon falls away, revealing the snowy white baby within. She approaches Alice with great curiosity, lifting a small, blue-tinted paw to carefully poke against the trainer's bright pink boots. She seems to like the color!

A streak of black rushes past out of the corner of Alice's eye, accompanied by a loud and gregarious pyu-pyu-pyu and though the source is gone before the trainer is even able to turn around, an Easter Basket seems to have been left behind in a small pile of snow. How odd... and what was that slimy streak across the ice? Perhaps some mysteries are better left unsolved...

You obtained:
- 1 Icium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

Blue eyes widened in wonder, dark ones doing the same beneath a hood of mocha brown fur, and both beheld the hatching of a new friend. The sweet sound that flowed from the cracked shell made Alice squeal in delight, her heart already stolen by the fox that broke out into the world. Alice was almost completely still as the baby approached so as not to scare her, and although Masaru didn't take any steps forward, there was audible oinking as the Pokemon sniffed at the air where the newborn pattered.

"Oh my gosh. Hi! You're super cute!" The young woman greeted brightly, hesitantly reaching to pet at the Vulpix's soft and snowy fur. "You're definitely the best Easter present we could've hoped for. Nobody's as lucky as we are." She decided, the Pokemon cooing in puzzlement as she nuzzled for the human's hand. What was an Easter? Was luck a good thing? The human sounded happy at least, and the little Pokemon beside her friendly...

"-- Oh? Look. Someone snuck up on us." Alice exchanged mildly unnerved glances with Masaru and the new Vulpix before sliding back in the snow to grab for the basket. "It must have been a Pokemon or something, I never noticed a thing. What about you, Pixie?" She asked. Once again, the Pokemon let out a soft sound, clearly docile but fascinated and a little overwhelmed by everything. "Okay. Here, how about you sit in here, and we'll head out?"

Popping the new Pokemon into the Easter basket, Alice started back the way she came.

((Claiming all of my goodies, plus Alolan Vulpix and a Z-Ring. No special ball but the basic for my Pixie yet, unfortunately! Thanks for the experience, y'all!))

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records