Charminions(c) versus blazeVA(a)

3v3
Singles
Slapstick
Equilevel
Switch = KO
48 HR DQ
Soggy Shore Beach

Alright, you guys know the drill. Challenger posts their squad first so that's Charm.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Concept you are amazing.

Thanks for picking this up.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Good luck, Blaze. Thanks for taking this, Concept.

Squad:

Shinobi Level 3 Male *Black* Scizor
Special Training - True Ninja
Shinobi's speed and flight capabilities are now equal to that of a Scyther's, however, his defenses are now as weak as a Scyther's defenses. Along with this, Shinobi can now use the attack: Fly.

Ruby Level 2 Female Charmeleon
Special Attack – Red Flower (Fire)
Ruby starts spinning around rapidly similar to a Swords Dance as a large semi-transparent crimson red lotus flower made of fire energy forms around Ruby with her at the center. This lotus flower has a radius of 1 meter. The petals of this lotus are as sharp as blades and they start rotating around Ruby at a high speed. The rotating petals continuously slice anyone nearby for about 7~10 seconds and dealing a light hit of fire damage per slash with the total damage capable of adding up to the damage of two flamethrowers. Ruby is not able to move around while using this because it takes all her concentration to keep the flower rotating. Energy usage is equal to two flamethrowers and this move can only be used once per battle. This move is also a 2 move combo and can not be used during a 3 mover.

Sapphire Level 2 Male Wartortle
No Signature Move

Mr. Kill Level 2 Male Hitmonchan
No Signature Move

Bones Level 2 Male Cubone
Special Attack - Bone Switch (Ground)
This is basically a Ground type Volt Switch. Bones charges a significant amount of ground energy into his bone. He then throws the bone at his target, dealing moderate damage to it. Then the bone returns to his hand, similarly to a Bonemerang. The rest of the energy is used to force Bones into his pokeball while a different pokemon takes his place with the same Psychological and physical mindset as Bones. The bone is set to return to Bones' hand so even if the attack were to miss, the bone would return back in his hand and the switch would occur unless the bone was physically stopped before returning to his hand. This is allowed in a Switch=KO match like Volt Switch, U-turn, and Baton Pass. This can only be used once per battle.

Krosis Level 2 Male Houndour
No Signature Move
Old 06-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Good luck Charminions, thanks again Concept for taking the match, and time for the squad.

Marche: Level 1 Male Geodude

Bio:
Spoiler: show

Marche was my first partner in the Pokemon world, and so far, he has been the most loyal and hard-working of them all as well. He has been with me in every region so far, from the perils of Kanto to the serenity of Unova, and he has been exemplary in his service. However, the main part of his journey in the PASBL region started with a climb up a seemingly benign mountain.

Marche and I were climbing up a very tall mountain, as we are both very experienced mountain climbers and we love new and exciting challenges. We had climbed high enough to have reached the edge of the ice cap, and now there was a big wall of ice in the way of our ascent. Mache used his Flamethrower to melt all the ice away, and we found something very interesting. And scary.

The ice wall was magically put there, and it held off a massive undead horde from the Earth. And, as the troll I can be, I had managed to release the seal on the undead. They immediately tried to go down the mountain, and Marche and I had to fight them off. We fought off wave after wave of zombies, ghoul, ghasts, revenants, ghosts, and all other sorts of the undead. We were very close to defeat at time, like when we were ambushed by no less than six or seven Skuldiers. But, we fought with our hearts close to our chests and our minds sharp as new knives.

It was late in the night when the last of the undead fell, and we were both tired and weak. We looked around for any sort of shelter, and we found and old shrine. Marche and I looked at each other briefly, considering maybe or not the place was safe or not. Marche gave me the nod to go ahead and do it, and we entered the shrine.

We found there was nothing to fear from the shrine except for the occasional bat that would flutter off, as it was completely deserted and there was no life that was threatening. We checked each and every room for some food, but we found nothing what so ever. My stomach was growling when we approached what looked like the smallest room in the shrine. What we found was amazing.

We had found a large room that was covered in crystal tiles. A statue stood over the entire room, and the room itself was filled with a brilliant light that illuminated it perfectly. We looked down in the crystals and saw ourselves. At first. They then changed and turned black with red eyes, and rose out the crystal. That were the evil that was in our hearts. A voice that came from out of nowhere said, “This is a test for great power and civility. Attempt this only if you are sure that you will be victorious.”

I looked at Marche again, who gave me a nod of approval. He was sure we would pass. Sure of it. I lunged at the evil in front of me, and swung my fist. It went right through him, like he was something more like a mist than an actual person. The evil then swung, and I was launched backwards. I fell with a hard thud, and the voice uttered this, “Are you sure that fighting is the way to solve everything? If so, what do you fight for?”

Marche’s evil lunged at me in my weakness, and was ready to give me a beating of my life. I braced myself for the impact when Marche rushed in and blocked the blow. The evil looked at him for a moment before vanishing into thin air. My evil did the same.

“Marche, Geodude of the rocks of the Moon Mountain, you have passed your test. You will now be given the abilities as a paladin knight of old.” Marche began to glow a beautiful light from his body as he began to change. His body became wrapped in a large amount of cloth and armor, and upon his head was a gold crown, a crown of a revered knight or a king. At this I knew that Marche had become something special, something so special that he was going to be the strongest ever.

After this, we were teleported out of the shrine back to the village on the base out the mountain, and we found ourselves at an inn. Another trainer challenged us, and Marche fought him. He quickly chose an Ice Type, but, Marche seemed not afraid. Especially when he hit him with a Close Combat, a move he did not know before. I was stunned and amazed, as in becoming a Paladin, Marche had become part Fighting type.

Signature: Paladin Heart, Fighting Body (FIGHT)
Marche is now a Rock/Fighting type, with all the weaknesses (Water, Grass, Psychic, Fighting, Steel, Ground), and resistances (Normal, Bug, Dark, Fire, Rock, Poison). He has learned the moves Bulk Up and Close Combat. He also loses the moves: Focus Punch, Fire Blast, Bulldoze, and Rock Slide.

North: Level 1 Male Nosepass

No Sig

Dynamo: Level 1 Voltorb

Bio: Dynamo is very explosive. Well, he has an explosive personality. He never liked to explode. He felt that it was too, I don't know, risky? He had a talent, though, for being a shocker in matches. He had such a talent, that he could learn moves that normal Voltorb could not learn.
Special Training: I would rather shock you than boom you.(ELE)
Due to his hatred of explosions and love of electricity, he has learned the following moves: Volt Tackle, Discharge, and Bolt Strike. However, he has lost the moves: Self-Destruct, and Explosion, and, no longer will explode upon fainting. Also, since people are really stubborn and partially stupid, he also loses the moves Signal Beam, Gyro Ball, and Teleport.

Diedara: Level 1 Baltoy

No Sig

Forsythia: Level 2 Sudowoodo Nickname: Sudsy

Bio:
Spoiler: show

Sudsy is probably my favorite of the group. Is it because she is sassy, and has a motor-mouth? No. Is it because she is lesbian? No. I can't really put my finger on it, but, I will tell you her story.

Sudsy was originally like any Sudowoodo, a rock type. Did not like water. Yatatata. But, one day, she was picked up by some Pokemon poachers, and was going to be shipped to Chile. They took her off, and made their first stop in Jamaica. She stayed there for ten months, as the poachers had a bit of a problem with a transport ship that was supposed to be coming. She became good friends with Ezekiel, a Gallade with a talent for making herbal remedies. He taught her how to make some traditional Jamaican recipes for illnesses and potions for other things. But, soon, she was off again, being shipped first to Suriname, then, airlifted from there to Chile. While the plane was over the Amazon rainforest, an American spy killed one of the engines, taking down the plane with the poachers on it. But, there was one problem with all of this. Sudowoodo do not like water. And it rains all the time in the rainforest. So, naturally, Sudsy began to become soaked. By three days, she was almost dead. The water had built up, and water is dangerous for Sudowoodo. She had to find shelter in this rainforest, and fast to is she ever, ever wanted to survive. She found a very large tree while walking on the third day, a tree with a near hollow trunk. She went under it, knowing that human civilization was never going to come.

While she lived under that tree, she gradually began to get better as her body processed out all the water that had built up. She found plenty of food from the tree itself, but, when it was not raining, she would go out and forage for food. Over time, she began to develop unique features. The branch on the top of her head sprouted leaves. The green buds on her hands became flowers, purple and white roses. She then began to grow leaves over her body, and soon, it formed a beautiful dress. She had no idea what these changes meant until one day, she was far from the tree and it began to pour. She raced back home, but, she realized that the rain was not irritating to her. It was refreshing. She stood out in the rain, and nothing bad happened. She felt so good being out in the rain, like it was something she has always meant to have. She then knew what had happened. While Ezekiel was mainly a maker of herbal potions, he also had a bit of voodooish knowledge under his belt. He said that sometimes, a spirit will take pity on a soul, and release it. While she was not literally released, she felt as if a tremendous burden had been lifted of her back. 'The spirit of the tree helped me!' she though to herself.

After a while, she set up shop in the rainforest, a shop for herbal remedies, using what she knew from Ezekiel. She had gotten customers from all over the rainforest, some curious, others in dire need. She helped each and every one, becoming a known name around the parts. I met her over a year since she fell from the poachers plane. She was out in the rainforest, collecting the local herbs for her potions. I knew an interesting Pokemon when I saw one, and, grabbed a Pokeball from my waist. I sent out Marche, who was with me at the time. Sudsy ran behind a tree, not wanting to battle. I was, somewhat surprised, at first. Then, she surprised me again. Suddenly, a large ball of green energy came soaring out from the trees and slammed right into Marche. I knew that Sudowoodo could not learn Energy Ball at all, so how this Sudowoodo learned it was a complete mystery. We continued to battle, but, before I could even get a few blows on her, Marche was down for the count. I then weighed up my options. I only had Dynamo with me, and this Sudowoodo was no ordinary Sudowoodo. Could I risk him as well? I did, and finally, won the battle with an appropriately timed Thunder Wave. I caught her, and soon, once I got back to my group in the field trip(who I was supposed to be with the entire time), we made it back to Panama.

Once I then got back to the States, I took her out and talked with her, one of the few Pokemon on my team who could naturally talk without the need for my headset. She told me about her past, and the tree. With that, I came to a conclusion: 1) Sudsy was now a Rock/Grass type. 2) She knew moves that no Sudowoodo could ever know. 3) FUCK YEAH! I began to call her Sudsy, but, she never liked the name much. Her real name was Forsythia, a name her mother gave her because she though that she was going to be special. I took it, though, still called her Sudsy most of the time.

But, how did she become a lesbian. Bit of a different story. When we went to the Eterna City gym to battle Gardenia, she offered us a place to stay for the night, since all the hotels were booked solid. She also invited me to her training regiment, asking me what Pokemon I had. I threw out all of my Pokeballs, showing a diverse group of Mineral Pokemon. One of them was Sudsy. She had gotten to be horribly shy, maybe because of Winter or Diamondhead being the more premier females on my team. She did not want to associate with anyone there, bar Winter, her best friend. And while Marche was trading blows with a Cherubi and Grimbolt with a Turtwig, Gardenia's Roserade came on out. She had her won bedroom, probably because she was the lead Pokemon on the squad. She immediately saw Sudsy. She was intrigued by the uniqueness of her, how such a simple Pokemon like Sudowoodo could become so....so...'beautiful.' While I was socializing with Gardenia's little sister, Liliana, Roserade took Sudsy up to her room. And, well, I got in a lot of trouble when Gardenia heard what was going on.

And as such, the Sudsy as we know it came to be. Well, almost. While she had gotten rid off her shyness gradually, she had not developed her “motor-mouth”, as a friend of mine politely called it. This is when she met Pearl, a female Frillish. She had met her first in a battle, and quite frankly, was a bit saddened by her. She was, not very confident of herself, and she cheered her on from the sidelines. When Pearl finally went down, Sudsy carried her off, saying that she was going to give her some herbal remedies for her wounds. Since Sudsy was not very outspoken yet, I agreed to it. And, well, it was Gardenia all over again. Pearl never talked, though we knew that she could. So, Sudsy became her mouth, and now, had the talkitivity of two people. And, to this day, Sudsy and Pearl are still together, one and one.

Special Training: Spirit of the Tree
Sudsy is now a Rock/Grass type, as because of her stay in the tree. She was learned the following moves: Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, and Synthesis. However, she has lost the moves: Thunderpunch, Double-Edge, Sucker Punch, Mimic, Sand Tomb, and Focus Punch. She also has unique characteristics revolving her sexual orientation. She can now Attract those of the same sex, but, it is limited to only a few Pokemon, and their respective lines: Bellossom(only her), Leafeon(only it), Meganium, Jumpluff, Roserade, Cherrim, and Lilligant. As they are lovers, Pearl, Oliver101's Frillish, can be affected by Attract as well. She can not be affected by the Attract of any other Pokemon except those, however. Those Pokemon will have a boosted success rate against Sudsy.

Diamondhead: Level 1 Female Onix

No Sig.

I think a good Pokemon to start out with would be

North: Level 1 Male Nosepass
No Sig.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Bones! Damn your lack of ground moves... ;_;

Chill him with Icy Wind. Then Focus Energy.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Well, this is not a match-up I would like.

North, after the Icy Wind, Volt Switch on the ground to Sudsy.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I can see where this is going.

Round the First:

Welcome to another edition of Concept gets the urge to be active again which prompts him to ref punctually for two weeks before abandoning the match forever! Crack out the suncream, don your shades and make sure you know where your towel is becasue todays edition comes to you live from the sunny beaches of Ursa Minor Beta! Wasting no time, our trainers reveal their first pokemon.

Quote:
Nosepass (Rock): Nosepass' nose acts as a magnetic compass, and can track the general direction (though not distance) of a Pokémon by homing in on the electric currents in their body, aiding them in situations where they cannot see the Pokémon in question. This of course works most efficiently against Electric types.

Cubone (Ground): Cubone wear a skull helmet, which they will not willingly take off. This reduces damage from attacks to the head, but if the skull is destroyed, it costs 1 SP to replace or 1 battle for the Cubone to go out and find another. Cubone cannot use their respective “Bone” attacks (Bone Club, Bonemerang, etc.) unless they are holding their bone.
From the moment these two are sent out, it becomes clear to your ref that one of our two trainers has been horribly outgambitted, but we'll get to that (and I reserve the right to laugh). As his opening move of the match. Bones makes like the wolf as he huffs and puffs -

"I'll blow your house down!"

His icy wind mingles with the sea breeze, drastically dropping the temperature of this sunny saturday afternoon. North winces as the blue breeze whips around him. Sulking, he thinks that maybe the beach isn't for him, what with the weather being all fickles. He waggles his nose in Bones' general direction, fires an orb of electricity into the dirt and - well, the minstrels tell it best;

"Brave Sir North he ran away
Bravely ran away away
When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled
Yes brave Sir North he turned about
And gallantly he chickened out
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat
Bravest of the brave, Sir North!"

With the sound of clip-clopping coconuts quickly fading, North's replacement comes onto the field.

Quote:
Sudowoodo (Rock): it is capable of holding perfectly still, which makes it almost impossible to detect if it’s hiding in forested or woody areas.
Bones eyes his new opponent a little more warily, having only used a small amount of energy. Sudsy is perfect in all respects, whilst North has taken the only damage and used the most energy and will return to the field exactly as he left it.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Energy Ball to Giga Drain.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Well, this is not a match-up I would like.

Ice Beam through the ball then Bone Switch to Shinobi!
Old 06-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Return of the Minstrels

Round the Second:

With initiative on her side, Sudsy launches her energy ball just ahead of Bones' ice beam. The two attacks collide not far in front of Bones, and time freezes for a moment as the ref scans the ref-o-matic for his favourite big red button-

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

The ref hammers the "anime style explosion" button a little too enthusiastically, and along with the intended effect the beach-goers are treated a spectacular midday fireworks display far too beautiful for me to be able to do justice in mere words, but whose very presence handily pads out the reffing. That done with, time resumes its normal flow around the battlers as a little of the energy from the explosion washes over Bones. The Sudowoodo changes his strategy, opting to suck away Cubones energy, only to be interrupted shortly after starting by a boning. Looks like he got shafted there. His weapon returns to his hand and the ref pushes the "pop culture reference" button.

Brave Sir Bones he ran away
Bravely - "hang on a minute!"
The minstrel stopped and turned his head
"We've done this bit before" he said
"It's bad enough you steal our gags
But don't repeat yourself" he nags
"Don't try to repeat this stunt
Or we'll come beat you up you -"

The ref hurridly mashes the button again and the minstrels disappear, replaced by a wizzard (two z's and all)

"Run!"
"Where to?"
"From! The key word is from!"

Quote:
Scizor (Bug/Steel): Scizor are statistically equally to their Scyther brethren. The main difference is, where a Scyther is faster, a Scizor is slower, but much tougher. It cannot fly as far or as fast as a Scyther can, but it is not affected by the color red. Scizor can see in the dark.
Oh, and one more thing;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
From the moment these two are sent out, it becomes clear to your ref that one of our two trainers has been horribly outgambitted, but we'll get to that (and I reserve the right to laugh).
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Bones is in a similar place to North healthwise, and while he's much lower on energy he'll catch up after five or six rounds in the ball (neither may recover the energy used for their switching moves). Sudsy took moderate damage and used a similar amount of energy, while Shinobi is totally perfect on all counts.

Last edited by Concept; 06-04-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Flash Cannon. Then fly around and gain speed with LT Agility.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #12
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Show no fear. And by no fear, I mean give him some Fake Tears to throw off his Flash Cannon, and hit him with a Stone Edge afterwards.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Bump for Concept.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #14
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Yeah sorry, was away for about a week in the middle and have kinda lost track of what I'm doing.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
Charminions
Your reality is mine

On track with what you're doing yet?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #16
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Concept stop making me cry. It makes you a bad person.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #17
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Time to get a new ref.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #18
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
I really should start actually looking at the matches I say I'll take.

Anyway, seeing as it's only been just under a month since 'Cept replied in this match, albeit about a month and a half since he's reffed, which still isn't horrid all things considered, and that he is still active, I will only be taking over this match if 'Cept give his express permission. It's only polite given that he's still active in the league and not some random ref that up and disappeared and I'd want anybody else to do me the same courtesy.

That being said, if 'Cept says no, Charm owes me no debt and needs not ref my match with Char.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #19
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Shitbiscuits. I should really subscibe to matches I'm supposed to be reffing. Sorry guys, yeah Sneezebag can have it.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #20
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Alright, reffing to be up when I do my rounds a bit later today.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #21
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Round The Third - Let The Typespam Begin!

I did not forget about this match, I was just expecting Charm to hold up his end of the bargain first. Also, expect reffings to be considerably shittier than those of the previous ref. No. Seriously.

One more switch happens this round, but not of the Pokemon variety, as the old ref steps out and is quickly replaced with a new one. One who will smack you if you continue this revolving door bullshit. Aaaaaaanyway...

With the magic of initiative, as well as being slightly fresher than his opponent, Shinobi opens his claw and out shoots the silver beam of a Flash Cannon, the rather quick attack striking Sudsy before she can react. Granted, this gives her the perfect chance to do exactly what she was ordered, albeit slightly after the attack she was ordered to do so in order to stop. She basically begins crying like a baby. I didn't know Sudowoodo was a Water type... Anyway, the Fake Tears seem to have an effect of sorts on Shinobi, at least enough to give him enough pause for Sudsy to prepare a Stone Edge the rings of stones clearly giving away Sudsy's plan here. Shinobi manages to dodge a bit of the attack thanks to the forewarning, but certainly not all, the stones striking for neutral damage. A little miffed by being tricked, Shinobi quickly flys around his opponent, his sig giving him the ability to do so at a good rate, boosting his overall speed with a long term version of Agility. The round ends with the two just inside standard battling distance.

Sudsy took a nice amount of damage, and is already hovering around the first midpoint. Energy use was average, and that's not really a problem currently.

Shinobi took a nice hit, but he's not heading towards the first midpoint just yet. Energy use was average aswell, and he's raring for a fight. Has a slight boost in his speed.

blaze, orders.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #22
Charminions
Your reality is mine

>I did not forget about this match, I was just expecting Charm to hold up his end of the bargain first.

Sorry about that D:, I'll get to it tomorrow. But it'll probably be shittier than yours cos I suck.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
Charminions
Your reality is mine

And then Blaze disappears ;;

Don't know whether I should wait for nothing to happen or just cancel this.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #24
Emi
The Cutest Tsarina

Time for some battling to happen!!!

Ummm....... Stone Edge to Ancientpower.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Yay, you're back~

Fly around the Stone Edge while striking with Steel Wing. Then give an X-Scissor while you're up close.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL