UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 01-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #26
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I recently finished FF Tactics. The timer said 44 hours, but I've taken naps and started watching anime while the game was on. It's crazy how broken math skill is. Black mage with math skill = everyone fucking dies.

Currently plodding through FF9 and raging at the excessive random battles. Just gotta love having an enemy popping up every 3 steps.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #27
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Well, it's part of the challenge of the game. And you can't really spam Witch Time since it only activates on a well timed dodge and it gets canceled once you're struck, so it's really about rewarding skill.

The gimmicks of the game was really all the hyper sexual S&M torture fatality attacks you could finish off enemies with.
Part of the challenge is to do that one move over and over again? I kinda get what you're saying and I guess it isn't as gimmicky as I'd thought but still! The fatalities were kinda neat though I hated the button mashing (ironic I know) left stick twirling way to perform them. QTEs woulda been prefered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
Currently plodding through FF9 and raging at the excessive random battles. Just gotta love having an enemy popping up every 3 steps.
Sounds like Skies of Arcadia which is right up my grinding alley! The less time spent trying ta get baddies appear to grind is less time spent doing actual grinding!

3D Dot Game Heroes
- 16 hours 36 minutes 02 seconds
So I finished this late last night after like 2-3 hours in the last dungeon. I had more fun than not with this! Loved the music, cute look of the game, all them Zelda & DQ references and of course the chickens!! Did not like Magi seemingly every other room, baddies and jars being stingy with the red apples, bosses taking tons of hits, and loading in and out of every darn building in the game. I used guide and it still took me that long because I am terrible at following directions so there was alot of aimless wandering by me x.x; which led to alil frustration as did some of the times I got hit cause I love having full health sword. My many, many deaths were laughed off for the most part though. I'll certainly replay this again in the future!

Last edited by Lindz; 01-29-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #28
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Harvest Moon DS
- ????????
I gots no clue on how long it took me ta get where I can say I beat it specially cause I picked up off a years old save game I never got around ta finishing. Well I finally got my mermaid wife a little over 3 years (game time) into the game! Big decked out house, animals, good crops, buncha sprites saved, wife & some pocket money leftover. That qualifies as beating to me! Fun fun addictive game. Great controls to. Game crashing, save file killing glitches bad so always be sure to have a backup save!

Drill Dozer
- 3 hours
Speeeeeed ruuuunnnn! Skipped the story, extra stages, ran from a cleared save file so no time wasted hunting treasure or upgrading my dozer. Just pure gameplay! Messed up alil bit along the way taking paths I thought were shortcuts but weren't, other times though I did get a shortcut right which was nice. Love this game which is why I always replay it around this time each year! Taking a year off from the story should make it fresher next so thats some sound planning by me. *awesome* Somebody needs ta free Game Freak up some time to make something original like this again!

Shining Force Neo
- 57 hours, 23 minutes
I gave up on this game at just under 6 hours many years ago. Last month I returned with a guide and a vengance! I like grinding and all but following the guide had me doing it for roughly 30 hours without any story advancement and that is just way to much. I did it but never again! Mash circle button the game made me glad I came to like using bows cause blades were much mashier an I never got around ta using magic well. The story and characters turned out differently then I had expected and was decent enough. The scars an rage from being one-shotted (dying means game over, reload an try again mind you) repeatedly almost made me crack and quit again but I hung in there somehow. A very love/hate game that I'm glad ta be done with.

Chu Chu Rocket
- 25 minutes
Lovelovelove this game & its cutecute chus! Got through all 25 puzzles in 25 minutes an only needed ta peak at a guide for like 3 of 'em. Not sure why I didn't finish this long ago! After the credits rolled I was greeted to a hard mode unlocked notice. Gah! I'll save that for next time... o.o;

Beach Spikers
- 4 hours
Why'd I stop playing this years ago with only 2 matches left in the tournament mode? Prolly cause I was obsessed with trying ta come in first but sucked to much ta do so! Which was the case in the end since I only came in 3rd. Thats not to bad! Got to see the credits, unlocked some more customization options, and also maxed out my AI partners stats and friendship meter! Swimsuits, skin, sand... who wouldn't like womens beach volleyball?! Being a Segac AM2 arcade game originally happens ta mean its a fun game to boot!

Devil Dice
- 5 ~ 6 hours
Unlike Polarium I think I managed a 50/50 lindz/faq split with this game. There were always a couple trouble ones in each set of 10 which prevented me from opening the next set so the faq helped alot. Clearing all 100 puzzles opened random mode which has... 1000 puzzles?! >_> <_< Umm ya I'll never finish all of that! This is a true classic PS game with tons of puzzles, high scoring modes, multi-player and great music with cute visuals! Awesomeness!

Double Dragon Advance
- 46 minutes
Ahhh just what I needed a good old fashioned beat 'em up. Haven't played anything like that this year! Reskinned baddies whose new colors make them tougher. Re-used bosses. Punching & kicking the crap outta dudes. Picking up weapons they drop to use against 'em. Fighting on the back of moving vehicles. Being hounded by cheap pits, moving spike walls, and other environmental hazards. Getting up from being floored only ta end up back on it. Noooopes nothing like that in the games I've played lately. A true classic from which no other games have dared lift from! Fun stuffs. An remember jump kicks are your friend while moving to close to the bottom of the screen is not!

Last edited by Lindz; 02-11-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #29
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
- You Don't Know Jack
Loved playing this on the PS way back in the day an when I saw it was getting a quality revival I had ta jump back onboard the jack-train!

- Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
Finally here! First time released outside of japan! More grinding goodness!

In other news...
- I tried Space Channel 5 again but only got as far as I ever do which isn't far at all! The problem is that unlike Parappa/Bust-A-Groove/etc this game has no button prompts! Playing strictly from audio clues just isn't happening with me! I used a code to set it on auto-play and watched the game play itself all the way through o.o so I got some closure there but I won't count that as me beating the game. Cause I'm not that shameless.

- Tried each of the three burger king xbox games an failed miserably at each one x.x They're just no good!

- Pulled out FFV Advance and ran a few battles but quickly grew bored with it again. The haunted library place sucks, battles suck (zero animation), grinding sucks cause I'm underleveled for where I'm at but the exp isn't great enough ta level up relatively quickly, and in general I just don't like it!

- Took another swing at Theme Park DS which ended predictably bad. Its a good fun game but the touch-only control makes it really more cumbersome then it needed to be. I could play it perfectly fine on the 3 button Genesis pads so ya. I'd never be able to beat this one regardless but still the controls weigh it down.

Last edited by Lindz; 02-16-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #30
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Yakuza 3
- 35 hours 25 minutes
Segac cut alot of stuff but they couldn't cut the fun of pounding thugs into the pavement over and over and over again. Really thought the story & characters were good in this one though I'd put it just below Y2 in those departments. Ryukyu is the best secondary town yet cause its nice an sunny an has a real cheerful/friendly atmosphere and stuffs. The difficulty seemed off since I finished it on normal while the other two games beat my butt down to easy mode, I'm not complaining though! Good stuff but still would only buy rent/buy used ta keep on punishing the Segac.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #31
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 46 hours 30 minutes

Having seen the amazing fanart Pixiv user Ag+ drew up for the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda, I was inspired to pick Twilight Princess back up from where I'd left off several years ago -- shortly after healing Midna and embarking upon the game's latter half of dungeon crawling -- and to complete the game.

Well, I just beat the game this morning, a few days after picking it back up. Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf have never looked better, and Midna's true form (which I'd already seen due to fanart) was certainly awesome, but ultimately I'm not sure how I felt about the finale to this game. There were a lot of loose ends which never got tied up, but Zelda is notorious for its loose ends and its sadistic "we'll give you enough to make you drool but not enough to fill your bellies" history lessons, so I guess I'll just have to consider this par for the Zelda course. Also, I felt that the final boss fights were artistically/thematically awesome and innovative, but at the same time lackluster. (The second-to-last fight was needlessly difficult because of Ganondorf's insanely aggressive and intelligent A.I., and the final boss fight was ultimately nothing more than wasting time while waiting for a magic button press command to show up so I could press it, and even then it only worked one out of every three or four attempts.) Ultimately, I felt that the game offered a very interesting take on the question of the Zelda timeline, as it attempted to explain the consequences of adult Princess Zelda's actions at the end of Ocarina of Time (with Wind Waker having already explored the flipside of those same consequences), but whether the game will go down in the canon of Zelda games as a must-play title, I dunno. Visually, it's stunning. Plot-wise, it's paper-thin but what plot is provided will titillate many an OoT fan. But ... I just don't know.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #32
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

A 46+ hour long Zelda? WTF? I know the games are usually slowwwww (especially the 3d ones) but thats ridiculous. Did ya do alot of unneeded side stuff? Kinda makes me not want to give OoT a second chance...
Old 02-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #33
Talon87
時の彼方へ

No, I actually didn't. A lot of unnecessary things came up as I went and were easy to do, particularly Poe Souls, but for the most part no. The 46 hours comes from mostly not using a walkthrough and trying to find things on my own. Apparently the first 32 hours I played (back in December 2007) were strictly with no walkthrough while the remaining 14 hours I played this past week were with the occasional walkthrough consultation when I would get stuck in a particular dungeon after having having double and triple checked all of the relevant rooms. (A good example would be the final dungeon. There's a hallway where you can't advance unless you know that you're supposed to use your bow and arrow on the rope holding up a specific painting on a wall. Even if you thought to target the painting -- and I hadn't when I checked the walkthrough -- it wouldn't be enough if you'd thought to target it with the boomerang or the hookshot and then gave up after seeing that those didn't work. You had to target it with the bow and arrow. Ridiculous.) But for the most part, I played without a walkthrough, and that meant a lot of feeling around like a blind man in a room he's never been in before. Which is pretty much what a Zelda game is like.

If I had tried to do all the sidequest things without a walkthrough, you could easily tack on another 10 to 20 hours. Maybe even 30. *shudder* If I had tried to do them with a walkthrough, then you could probably tack on another 5 to 10 hours. (I had over half of Agitha's bugs to collect, a little under half of the Poe Souls remaining, still hadn't gotten all of my wallet, bomb bag, bottle, or armor upgrades ... yeah, I still had stuff to do.)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #34
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

^^ Boy am I glad I fell out of like with the Zelda series when I did... and I thought 3D Dot Game Heroes went on alil long then it needed to. No TP for me ever thank ya very much!

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
- 37 hours 25 minutes
Just a few hours short of my DQIX time. Had I known when and where the whole vocation thing opened up right away instead of 10 hours later I wouldn't have needed to spend 3-4 hours grinding simply to level 'em up. Using a guide would've shaved some time off as well so in the end it could prolly be cleared closer to just under 30 hours. Anyways this was a grand sendoff to the Zenithian trilogy. The party chat in this one was the best yet with lotsa funny/relevant quips to just about every darn NPC/area in the game. The music while having a different sound to it was good to. Really really enjoyed this one.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #35
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Final Fantasy 9
- 50 hrs
It was as fun as I remember it. The story was cheesier than I remembered, but I expected that. As stated earlier, I HATED the frequent random battles. I don't mind grinding a bit when adventuring, but having to deal with a battle for every 3 steps I take makes even the most simple quest unbearable. Not to mention that the opening battle animations are excessively long and running takes a while as well. I disliked that in Pokemon, but it has repels! I did have quite a bit of fun with the Chocobo side quest. Getting ultimate weapons early made it really rewarding too.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
15 hrs unfinished
I quit playing after I ran into a glitch that wouldn't let me progress. Makes me glad I waited for the price to drop before buying it. Other than that, the game was fun. The boss battles were a bit lame compared to the first one, but for me, all the fun comes from the hoards of enemies that attack you. It might be incredibly repetitive, but mindless slaughter is always fun. Though, that makes Ryu more of a barbarian than a ninja.

Gets- Income tax is heeere~ I can finally afford a few titles I've held back on.

Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood
God of War III
Tales of Symphonia II (pure whim)

I would get some games for my Wii to give it some attention if Nintendo actually knew how to drop their prices! Freaking Mario Galaxy has been out for 4 years and it's still $50.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #36
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Going to see if I can get my hands on a copy of Magicka and Magicka Vietnam if the expansion turns out rather cheap.

Don't actually expect to play anytime soon, though.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #37
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Tactics Ogre PSP
45+ hours

At chapter 4 chaos route. Spent most of my chapter 4 time grinding Galgastani rep so that I could access necromancers, which was dumb-fucking-tarded (sending your Galgastani troops to their KO/deaths for 5 hours = HOLY SHIT WE LOVE YOU DENAM YOU ARE THE BEST LEADER EVER). Cleaning up some loose ends for other characters available during the route because I'm obsessive-compulsive like that.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE HYPER SENTINEL FORCE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE ASSISTANCE HIDDEN MISSILE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE NEUTRALIZE
Old 03-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #38
quintowill
Soul Badge

Send a message via AIM to quintowill Send a message via MSN to quintowill Send a message via Yahoo to quintowill Send a message via Skype™ to quintowill
Hope I never play Blastoise online...
quintowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #39
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
- Ice Climber
I already got this in Animal Crossing and for e-Reader but hey its a freebie and plus I can actually play this one on my GB Micro so I'm not complaining!

- The Pinball of the Dead
Gifted game #2 of the day! Another fine GBA classic zombie... ummm pinball game. I thought Typing of the Dead was weird! Ohhh cheesey Segac goodness ya never fail to be awesome!

Soul Calibur
- 5 minutes 2 seconds
I waited 9 years to the day to unseal an play this game and that's how long it lasts -_-? Okay okay I played it a bunch more after that first go through. Love how this game looks and sounds (lol at the announcer). If pixels ever stop being retro I hope late 90's Segac/Namco arcade style graphics are revived! For how I play fighting games this ones as fun as most any other which is good by me. Seeing only 10 characters to choose from was like woah we've come a long way but there are unlockable characters and stuff so thats cool!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #40
quintowill
Soul Badge

Send a message via AIM to quintowill Send a message via MSN to quintowill Send a message via Yahoo to quintowill Send a message via Skype™ to quintowill
Playing the Mortal Kombat demo and let me say that you I am not disappointed. Mileena FTW!
quintowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #41
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
- Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012
From the makers of the million selling "Car Combat" (aka Twisted Metal) comes a classic PS game I rented many time but never bought until now! This was the real successor to TM2 not those cheap knockoffs TM3/4/SB Sony pushed to, of all people, they're sports game devs. Great gameplay, soundtrack, cheat codes, crazy characters, cool levels... even all these years later its still fun!

In other news...
- I gave up Zelda OoT again. I didn't even make it as far as my first attempt through. Everything about the game is just simply to dang slow and boring. And thats from someone who beat WW a few times (doubt I could replay that either these days tbh). Whatevers, it was a freebie game anyhow so I'm not obligated ta see it through.

- Getting Yakuza 4 but apparently not for another few weeks since bestbuys shipping is ultra slow. For $20 off I'm not complaining.

- Still happily plugging away at You Don't Know Jack! Finished about 19 of its 73 episodes now. Aiming to do 1-2 a day. Cookie mocks me and rightfully so. My trivia and heck general knowledge of crap is near non-existant lol.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #42
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

God of War III
10 hrs 12 minutes
Sadly, I'm sure this time counted the times I sat down to eat and watch anime, so it's likely shorter. I'm glad I waited until I found a $30 copy of the game, because this thing was definitely not worth $60. I admit it was fun watching Kratos brutalize everything in his path. The enemy hoards I had to fight were fun as well. Unfortunately, a good portion of the game was terribly controlled platforming. I died most of the time because I either stepped into a surprise pitfall due to the fact that the camera angle stays the same, or the random times Kratos decides he doesn't want to use his wing hover thing. Lets not forget our favorite platforming flaw, which is the character doesn't know how to grab onto a god damn ledge!

I guess I'll replay Pokemon Diamond since I remember little about it. I did take a look into my old play file and I found something horrible. When I played Diamond four years ago...I chose the male character! What the hell was I thinking?! DPP is where the awesomeness known as Hikari is from and I neglected that! I will correct that terrible error, and flaunt Hikari's fabulous self all across Sinnoh!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #43
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
- Okamiden
Never thought Okami 4 would get made and especially not filled with so much cuteness! I got the adorable plush Chibiterasu keychain thingy since I ordered from the capcom shop. This games already got some stuff going for it like for instance the manual is fully colored unlike Okamis b/w one so ya! Gonna dust off my DS an get started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
God of War III
10 hrs 12 minutes
Sadly, I'm sure this time counted the times I sat down to eat and watch anime, so it's likely shorter. I'm glad I waited until I found a $30 copy of the game, because this thing was definitely not worth $60. I admit it was fun watching Kratos brutalize everything in his path. The enemy hoards I had to fight were fun as well. Unfortunately, a good portion of the game was terribly controlled platforming. I died most of the time because I either stepped into a surprise pitfall due to the fact that the camera angle stays the same, or the random times Kratos decides he doesn't want to use his wing hover thing. Lets not forget our favorite platforming flaw, which is the character doesn't know how to grab onto a god damn ledge!
Paying $60 for any game just isn't gonna happen with me. Stuff drops or gets put on sale faster then ever its just not worth it! But anyway that game has cheap deaths and input lag? That's soooo lazy. Glad I never hopped on that bandwagon.

Quote:
I guess I'll replay Pokemon Diamond since I remember little about it. I did take a look into my old play file and I found something horrible. When I played Diamond four years ago...I chose the male character! What the hell was I thinking?! DPP is where the awesomeness known as Hikari is from and I neglected that! I will correct that terrible error, and flaunt Hikari's fabulous self all across Sinnoh!
Maybe ya lost a bet and had to play as the boy.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #44
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

DW:

Stopped playing cause of Pokemons

Pokemons:

Stopped playing cause of boredom

Zelda MM:

Stopped playing cause of stuck and hard.

Starcraft II:

Fuck yeah zerglings

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:23 AM   #45
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyamo View Post
Zelda MM:

Stopped playing cause of stuck and hard.
Where'd you get stuck, Nyamo?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #46
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012
- 2~3 hours
Fun game an like I said the real successor to Twisted Metal 2 but it does have some missteps. Like for all the crazy cars & characters they got profiles but no story or unique endings. Ya also play through all 12 stages (2 are bonus stages) in the same order every time which kinda drags things out. 7 stages + 1 bonus randomized or just different per character woulda been nice. Anyways the gameplay is what matters and its still just as good to me! Controls perfectly, weapons are pretty good, score counts for something since earning $30,000 in a level nets ya an extra life, and the cheat code oohhhh the cheat codes. So delicious for scrubs like me @_@

Okamiden
- 20 hours 10 minutes 24 seconds
Its Okami on the DS with less inspiration, the same pretty great gameplay, and also the same mistakes Okami had. The story was good and the addition of non-Issun partners really helped in that department! Their addition to the gameplay was part-good part-bad. I played on Old Hand (normal mode, there is no hard) and had alotta fun with it. If ya liked Okami an want connected yet standing mostly on its own story with the same gameplay and lotsa super cuteness I'd recommend playing this!

You Don't Know Jack
- 15~ hours
I'm a Clod and its suggested I read 6th-Graders Book Reports lol. That's YDKJ for ya! When you're dumb they let ya know in funny ways! 10 questions per episode + Jack Attack @ 73 episodes = lotsa trivia and lotsa play time. Having replayed several episodes in local multi-player but didn't remember any answers I didn't know the first time around so I'd say it'll have replay value for me especially if I wanna earn all the gag prizes. I may give online play a shot too. Good stuff. Glad ta see this series back on consoles.

Last edited by Lindz; 03-29-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #47
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
60+ hours

Big SRPG battles

Recruitable monsters, some of which are among the best units in the game (OCTOPI MAKIN IT RAIN MOTHAFUCKAS)

unf yes all over my face

Beat the game on Chaos route, using the World Tarot feature to play through the Law route. I'm really glad I didn't go Law the first time through, because the story makes me rage:

Spoiler: show

Duke: HEY DENAM I NEED YOU TO BUTCHER A BUNCH OF WALLISTER CIVILIANS

Denam: BUT WE'RE WALLISTERS, LOL

Duke: BUT IT'S LIKE A REICHSTAG FIRE SEE, WE'LL BLAME IT ON THE OTHER GUYS SO ALL THE WALLISTER WILL UNITE AND THE OTHER GUYS WILL FEEL BAD BECAUSE THEY'LL THINK THEY DID IT, THIS IS THE BEST PLAN EVER

Denam: WHAT THE FUCK IS A "REICHSTAG"

ALSO DIDN'T YOU START THE GAME OUT CAPTURED BY THE ENEMY BECAUSE YOU'RE ACTUALLY DUMB AS SHIT

Leonar: YOU NEED TO DO THIS DENAM YOUR DUKE DEMANDS IT

*KILL KILL KILL*

Duke: AWESOME NOW LET'S TAKE ON A FORCE THAT GROSSLY OUTMATCHES OURS USING MY BRILLIANT PLAN

OH SHIT MY BRILLIANT PLAN DIDN'T WORK WHY DOES THIS BITTER TASTE OF FAILURE FEEL STRANGELY FAMILIAR

Leonar: OH WAIT IT TURNS OUT THE DUKE'S DUMB AS SHIT DENAM I NEED YOU TO HELP ME MURDER HIS FACE SO THAT WE CAN GET THIS REBELLION BACK ON THE RIGHT TRACK

Denam: MAYBE, LOL

*MURDERING OF FACES*

Leonar: THANKS FOR YOUR HELP DENAM, NOW I'M GOING TO MURDER YOUR DICK SO THAT ALL THE BLAME FALLS ON YOU AND I GET TO BE THE BIGSHOT HERO

Denam: WHY DO BAD THINGS KEEP HAPPENING WHEN I FOLLOW TERRIBLE PLANS CONCOCTED BY HUGE STUPID ASSHOLES

aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggg ggh my Chaos Denam isn't this fucking stupid, Christ. And if the DLC is any indication, the Law path is canon =(

Last edited by Blastoise; 04-04-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Blastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #48
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Get!
- Yakuza 4
A month late but for $20 off who's complaining?! Not me! Let the thug smashing begin anew!

In other news...
- I gave away my copies of FFVa, FFVIa, and FFXII cause any FF that isn't VII just isn't for me! DQ for life!

- I started a new game in RE4 cause...... I dunno, just cause! Its fun and stuff!

- Resumed playing PS: Portable 2 after a 2 month break. Feels good.

Resident Evil 4
- 8 hours 55 minutes 29 seconds
This time around I skipped all the cutscenes which is what led this to being 2 hours shorter then my second run through. Still a damn good game that still makes me really tense and nervous. Guess I'll never be able to shake those feelings! Wonder if I should play it again...

Last edited by Lindz; 04-19-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #49
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Yakuza 4
- 37 hours 50 minutes
Thats 2 hours and 25 minutes longer then Yakuza 3 - but also with doing less substories/other optional stuff. All Yakuza games can be pretty long and this is the longest yet! It also lived up to the hype. Kamurocho being the only city kinda sucked but with all the new places they added to it and returning places which had been cut from Y3 its fairly fresh. The new playable characters also made the gameplay and stories fresh as well. I found Saejima the hardest to play of them all but I still somehow survived all of his fights. Akiyama > Tanimura > Kiryu > Saejima! Dunno where they're gonna go from here with the next *real* installment of the series but I'll be there for it!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 AM   #50
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Been grinding thru Monster Hunter Tri recently after buying a classic controller. Goddamn I hate Barioth. And why won't Rathian drop me a plate? Rathlos already gave me 2! ;_;
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games