UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-01-2015, 01:22 AM   #76
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
I did actually consider slapping Reflect Rings on my team for the guy, then realised the other problem with DeRosa. Namely, the Revenge passive giving him almost full BP constantly.

Thundara really the only magic he uses? I kinda expected Fira and Blizzara as well, but I guess it seems fair seeing as if he had that sort of stuff he'd have to have lower HP to compensate for the ass he'd kick.
No, don't put Reflect on your Party, put Reflect on him.

What you want to do is find out who deals the highest Damage in a single hit. Let only that person attack. Let everyone else support with Potions and whatnot.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 04:39 PM   #77
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Well, now on Chapter 3. DeRosa was much easier once he realised Thundara wasn't doing shit, and so I've got a good bit in after earning the Salve Maker asterisk.

...Painstakingly earning the Salve Maker asterisk. Qada punished me hard for having a Damage Dispersion user with guaranteed 9999 damage splitting into 1500s across the group save for poor dead Ringabel. I really only won because after the first Dark Breath wombo combo he focused that nuke on Agnes, and my Phoenix Down supplies outlasted his regen with Edea packing Judgment to batter him down.

Lesson learned though: Bosses are much more fun when played blindly. Fuck Praline though, making me run around the world for a fight that consisted of CRESCENT MOON CRESCENT MOON CRESCENT MOON CRESCENT MOON BAM YOU LOSE.

God I love Crescent Moon, so OP for crowd clearing.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #78
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
So I think I'm done with Chapter 3, so how'd I find the other bosses there?

The Fire Temple boss was pretty clever with that two-phase style...until I remembered items and some attacks pierce defence. Still did a number on me no thanks to that Blood Drain sapping half my team's health a shot.

Spoiler: show
For all the shit I heard about the Swordmaster, he was pretty easy. No sign of Nothing Ventured the whole fight, instead opting to use Before Swine on a team of melee attackers. I will admit I was a little worried when he countered an attack on Ringabel and did 9999 damage, then when Tiz's turn came around...less than 300.

Tiz is literally immortal. When we got Promethean Fire (DRAGON TRAIN isn't as awesome as EAGLEPLANE) he didn't have fire resistance. HE still survived with 600 HP.

Barbarossa was a fucking joke. When the previous boss had 380 attack I had to look twice at his 200 attack, and then proceeded to push his shit in. I liked his character, but man if that wasn't a disappointment. I imagine I coulda fought him before Chaugmar, but ehh.

Now the ninja, on the other hand, can go fuck herself. Not overly hard hitting, we could compensate for the single target damage well enough, but so. much. missed. attacks. GOD. The fight went on for so long because we weren't doing great deals of damage except in bursts when Agnes the Salve Maker was tossing Tengu Sneezes left and right and Tiz continued to wonder what tickled him.

Given that next up comes the Council of Six and my initial thoughts that Lord Marshal will be a Paladin, I don't look forward to the almost inevitable rematch with Victor and Victoria, because if what I read ingame's anything to go by, Curada's going to drive me mad.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #79
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
So I think I'm done with Chapter 3, so how'd I find the other bosses there?

The Fire Temple boss was pretty clever with that two-phase style...until I remembered items and some attacks pierce defence. Still did a number on me no thanks to that Blood Drain sapping half my team's health a shot.

For all the shit I heard about the Swordmaster, he was pretty easy. No sign of Nothing Ventured the whole fight, instead opting to use Before Swine on a team of melee attackers. I will admit I was a little worried when he countered an attack on Ringabel and did 9999 damage, then when Tiz's turn came around...less than 300.

Tiz is literally immortal. When we got Promethean Fire (DRAGON TRAIN isn't as awesome as EAGLEPLANE) he didn't have fire resistance. HE still survived with 600 HP.

Barbarossa was a fucking joke. When the previous boss had 380 attack I had to look twice at his 200 attack, and then proceeded to push his shit in. I liked his character, but man if that wasn't a disappointment. I imagine I coulda fought him before Chaugmar, but ehh.

Now the ninja, on the other hand, can go fuck herself. Not overly hard hitting, we could compensate for the single target damage well enough, but so. much. missed. attacks. GOD. The fight went on for so long because we weren't doing great deals of damage except in bursts when Agnes the Salve Maker was tossing Tengu Sneezes left and right and Tiz continued to wonder what tickled him.

Given that next up comes the Council of Six and my initial thoughts that Lord Marshal will be a Paladin, I don't look forward to the almost inevitable rematch with Victor and Victoria, because if what I read ingame's anything to go by, Curada's going to drive me mad.
I wouldn't worry much, really the only challenge in Chapter 3 or 4 imo is Grandship's Boss and one particular optional Dungoen in Chapter 4.

That place can go fuck itself because not only is it impossible without Ninja but even at max Level and Job Level the enemies can still OHKO you.

Also I finally got Takoizumii through Friend Invites, currently prepping for that.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:03 AM   #80
dirkac
uhhhhh

Bravely Second hetting a US release in 16 daysssss

Anyway I finished the Demo for Bravely Second on Hard a day or two ago.
'S pretty nice actually, the music is actually really good and I almost like it better than Default's ost.

The new Jobs are actually really nice, the Wizard (applies different effects to Spells like turning into AoE, getting priority, the effect getting repeated over multiple turns, etc.) and Exorcist (Undoes HP/MP/BP to a previous turn <3) are especially great.

Also Janne is the best thing
Old 04-21-2016, 05:38 AM   #81
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
So I've just started playing Bravely Second and:

The game is already the worst thing. 0/10

Why? BECAUSE MY BELOVED HUSBAND NIKOLAI DIED.
I CANNOT LIVE ON ANYMORE

edit:
NEVER FUCKING MIND
I
FUCKING
HATE
EVERYTHING

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 04-21-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:59 PM   #82
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Welp started on Bravely Second and am at Chapter 1 (I think just finishing up).

I now have the Catmancer, and my two decisions were that I sided with the Red Mage and the Swordmaster.

....don't give me that look. I know I let some people suffer. But honestly, I think Fiore might be onto something. Yeah, there's also war over ideologies, but if his energy works the way it does, he is right about it cutting down violence to a significant degree, so long as everyone shares...that last detail is a bit sketchy. There's also the fact that if the crystals malfunction again, the whole deal with BD will happen once again. At least with this new energy they'd have some sort of contengency plan.

And as far as the siding against Ms. Summoner, well...honestly I like Kamiizumi's teachings too, and yeah the guy's gonna have a lot of hardships in his life. Summoning Amaterasu is the quick and easy way out, and it could also be rifed with problems. ....oh and Spellcrafting Summons is super awesome too :3

I did see Janne betraying the party coming...or rather I wasn't surprised by his traitorism, and I did suspect old man Nikolai, but after his death I thought "oh wow, okay so it's going to be student vs. student" .....and then Nikolai showed up like "look I didn't want to fight you...but it looks like I must"

...also calling it, the villain is going to be Foundar Geneolgia or something close to that. He looks so close to Yew in design, especially hair color and style.

....and finally whoever has the purple pen is a very very sassy person. :3 I have no idea who it is though, at first I thought it was Rifa, but after she departed the party it still was continuing...so I dunno. :/ I'm trying to think who is associated with feathers.

GLORY TO THE CHOMP.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #83
phoopes
Double Dragon

oh shoot I forgot about Bravely Second

hnnnnnggg so excited but still need to finish all three paths of FE: Fates
Old 05-08-2016, 05:34 PM   #84
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

so yeah I've gotten pretty far. Though now i have to call bullshit on one of the game mechanics.

Okay so I'm in the Chapter 5 Nikolai and Janne fight, I fought Janne to a pulp and started to fight Nikolai. Well, I put Reflect on him to ensure that he couldn't cast on himself, well he casted Holy Night on himself, and the reflect animation played as normal. Turns out though that the game treats it as though he still casted it on himself. So here I am, feeling incredibly cheated out of a boss fight because I'm using what I learned from fighting so many healers before him, including him twice, and the game decides to go out of its way to ensure he can cheat his way. That's just absolutely perfect -_- Oh and after all that headache, he casted Sacrifice so that I couldn't kill him but that he just gave up, which feels pretty bad.

My current team is as follows
Red Mage/Summoner Yew
Swordmaster/Dark Knight Edea
Charioteer/Catmancer Magnolia
Astrologer/Bishop Tiz

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 05-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #85
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Sorry for the double post.

Finished Bravely Second and well

I kinda hope we play as Ringabel's timespace people...with Edea following in tow of course :P
That ending though was so cute all of it, especially when Agnes proposed to Tiz, that was the sweetest thing of them all. And then Maggie proposing to Yew almost immediately after.

The final boss' first form was a big pain in the ass though. Especially with that judgement ability. Though I did find out that Undo Action from the Exorcist can prevent it, I ended up just overpowering him on my last time through. It's second form was so much easier though. Even though it did do a lot of damage, nothing that I couldn't handle.

And now for my final team

Hailing all the way from Gathelatio, the leader of the Crystalguard and later Agnes' Ba'al Busting Avengers, GIVE IT UP FOR
YOKAI/SUMMONER YEW GENEOLGIAAAAAA
-Spellcraft
-Steady MP Recover
-Critical Hitter
-Awakening (I just had this equipped on everyone...whoops)
Coming from a long way, we're talkin' high flyin' adventures, she was a ba'al buster before helping the crew, say hello to
Catmancer/Charioteer MAGNOLIA ARCH
-Triple Wield
-Dual Wield
-Eye of the Wolf
-....Awakening

next up, the new Grand Marshal of Eternia, this lady does not take anything lying down. She'll kick anyone's ass that stands in her way.
Knight/Exorcist EDEAAAAAAAA LEA
-Fortitude
-Undo Trois
-Revenge
-......Awakening again -_-

And last but certainly not least. The main character of the last game, he fought valiently for Luxendarc's sake twice. The Hero of Norende and in need of a haircut.
Performer/Bishop TIZ ARRIORRRRR
-Group Cast Master
-Steady MP Recover
-Limit Breaker
-Go ahead and take a guess what I put here.

These valient heroes shall be remembered forever and ever.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 05-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #86
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Let the record state that Dual Wield + Quad Wield + Barrage + Multitask is the dumbest thing ever
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:29 AM   #87
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
Let the record state that Dual Wield + Quad Wield + Barrage + Multitask is the dumbest thing ever
Nahhhh

A Ghosted Echo+Spellcraft+MP Free in a Pinch+Full Charge+ Meteor Rain is the worst
Old 05-24-2016, 12:19 AM   #88
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Beat the game not long ago. Squad:

Ninja Edea Hawkeye secondary
-Quad Wield
-Barrage
-Multitask
-PAttack Up 20%

Yokai Yew Bishop secondary
-Pierce M.Def
-Spellcraft

Excorcist Magnolia Summoner secondary
-Centurion
-PDef Up 20%
-MDef Up 20%
-Summoning Surge

Guardian Tiz Performer secondary
-HP Up 20%
-PDef Up 20%
-MDef Up 20%
-Power Up

Who doesn't love Tank Tiz? Meant to get him to be exorcist secondary and change Magnolia to a kaiser or something. Edea does stupid damage because Defaulting thrice, Harpooning, selecting an element, and then attacking for ~50,000 damage is apparently legal. Yew does all the magic damage because Pierce MDef is kinda strong, Sloth also helps give Edea and himself more damage. Magnolia is the secondary healer because exorcism is super good. Summoning and the Dark power plus rod means Susano-o does lots of damage and Summoning Surge means that her damage kinda ramps up. Tiz just doesn't take damage. At all. Ever. The final boss barely damaged Tiz and even then Amaterasu and Benevolence mists basically kept Tiz alive forever. Also Guardians are pretty strong.

Speaking of the final boss, thoughts:

Mandate of Heaven was stupid because I didn't realize what it did and he kept forcing not Edea to attack Tiz...which no one could harm if they tried. So, just to see how much damage I could do, when he used the move, I just had everyone attack as much as they could. And thus Edea absolutely shredded Providence by dealing incredibly stupid damage with a bit of help from Yew and Magnolia and jsut striaght killed him in two turns. The second phase did a bit of damage but there wasn't anything incredibly stupid other than his "attack you while you choose moves" attack kept hitting edea which was annoying as 4 daggers leaves little room for defensive stats lol.

Illuminati Confirmed dead btw
Squad Summary

Old 05-30-2016, 05:21 PM   #89
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I picked this game up a while ago, but have been too occupied with other games to play it. Before I start, I would like to ask something to the people who beat it.

Does this game have that fucking (Bravely Default spoilers)
Endless 8 bullshit where you play the first chapters of the game over and over again? I liked Bravely Default well enough, but that killed so much enjoyment for me. If Bravely Second doesn't have it, then it's already a better game! Watch me eat those words.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:07 PM   #90
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

It doesn't have the stuff that actively dragged down the second half of Bravely Default.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:34 PM   #91
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Played far enough to get my 4 party members. Babble and whatnot (obtaining the 4th party member spoiler)
Once again, the 4 party member meetup is pretty forced. I thought the first game wasn't so bad, but upon reading my post on the first game and my lack of memory of it, I guess the first game was just as forced.

I thought Anne was the good fairy? I remember her being introduced after beating the first game as a "good Airy". She's the fairy that won't bite your dick off for molesting her in the pause menu. I mean, this game is probably going to pull that "The evil people aren't so evil, and they're just doing it for the good of the world!". I'm guessing we're just mistaken about the whole "I WANNA KILL EVERYONE!" everyone from the opposite side is pulling. Right? They're mass murdering people for pleasure and date raping people because they have to. Isn't that right, enemies from the first game?

Magnolia's personality surprised me. I thought she'd be the harsh silent type....which Edea pointed out herself. She also seems like she'll eventually be an antagonist. I also thought Tiz would be an empty shell. I don't remember Edea being that goofy.

So you get to molest Agnes in the pause menu this time? Neato! Though admittedly I was looking forward to messing with Anne. Oh well!

Apparently moon people in that world speak English and go on about gravy...in English. Well, I do like gravy, but as far as I'm concerned, Ness is the one who truly loves gravy.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:51 PM   #92
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
It doesn't have the stuff that actively dragged down the second half of Bravely Default.
Thank Christ. This was my only hesitation about buying Bravely Second. Getting the true ending in the original was painful.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:38 PM   #93
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

It is possible though. Watch out for it
Squad Summary

Old 06-07-2016, 08:09 PM   #94
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

On chapter 3.

(Chapter 3 spoilers)
I still haven't fully figured out my team. For what I'm doing so far:

Yew is an Astrologer with spellcraft and red magic. His buffs aren't as useful as I want to, since by the time I get my party buffed and get to move again, the buff is already about out. His Red Mage skills have been more useful.

Magnolia is a Bishop with spellcraft. Using mist with her Bishop skills are really useful. Actually against that fucking Pastierre, I have a difficult time imagining beating him without a Bishop's mist. I'm still not sure on her secondary spells.

Edea has been a Charioteer from the beginning. Her damage output is much higher than everyone else's. I'm probably going to make her a pirate.

I am completely unsure on what to do with Tiz. He's a Catmancer at the moment. I thought about making him a BP battery with some physical prowess. I'm still not sure on methods, but there has to be something.

I'm guessing Agnes is lieing to the party. She disappeared from pause menu molestation mode one time near one of the crystals, then said she knew nothing about what was causing them to go berserk. I hope they don't pull something like that, but the only justification I can think of that'll make sense is that she wants to fix her mistakes.

It seems Edea is taking the place of Ringabel as the obnoxious party member who says the same thing over and over again. She's pretty cool when not going on about food, but it's overplayed.

Speaking of pretty cool, Tiz is cool as shit. I don't remember him being like that. The Catmancer coat adds to it. I actually really like Tiz this game.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #95
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Spellcraft works with Astrologer magic as well

Earlier on I ran my bishop with Charioteer secondary because weapon toss doesn't scale off your pitiful Patk and ignores the enemy's pdef. Only problem is you probably will have buy a weapon or two for her to throw.
Squad Summary

Old 06-16-2016, 08:53 AM   #96
dirkac
uhhhhh

So I finally got BS yesterday, and am currently in Chapter 1 wasting my life away with a certain minigame.

And I have only one thing to say.

JANNE WHY.
YOU WERE MY FAVOURITE.
WHERE DID MY SNARKY BADASS WHO SOLO'D THE DEMO GO
I WANT HIM BAAAAACK

cri ;_;

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games