UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

View Poll Results: What game(s) would you watch me play and want to see played first?
Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door (<3) 13 61.90%
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle 5 23.81%
Pokemon Black or White 3 14.29%
Super Meat Boy (Have only beaten four worlds thus far) 4 19.05%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (First time) 1 4.76%
Battlefield 3 (Campaign) (First time) 1 4.76%
Halo 2 (Campaign) 0 0%
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 9 42.86%
Super Mario Galaxy (First time) 5 23.81%
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 8 38.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
deoxys
Fog Badge

"Let's Play..." with your host, deoxys

I'm going to try this "Let's Play..." thing out. Sure, a lot of people do it. Sure, some people find it boring. Sure, almost everyone finds it dumb. But, I don't mind.

It seems like it would be an interesting experience to be had, and after doing some of the Star Wars videos (I will have two more up by tomorrow night, by the way), I've found it's actually quite fun.

If it works out, I hope to also do special episodes, in which I play drunk or something, perhaps even have friends play with, who knows. Wy? Wynaut!

So! That's where you come in. To kick things off right, I want your opinion on what games you want to see me play. I'm not going to leave the poll open for long, so jump in and let me know soon! Once I'm done with the first, if there is a second, I won't open another poll, instead just asking people in the thread what they'd want. Poll will remain open, but the game will be chosen once I feel there are sufficient votes and enough days have passed (I promise to not choose based on a bias) (leaning toward two days right now).

Man, I wish you could edit polls. I totally would have found a way to sneak Tales of Symphonia in. Oh well.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Last edited by deoxys; 12-17-2011 at 01:26 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
Char
Banned

Original Paper Mario is probably my favorite game of all time.

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door is great too, beat it twice and I don't even own the game. Just at friends' houses...
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

We've done "Let's play" style streams with Kuno doing the UPN Game and Super Mario World and Yougi doing that combat version of Harvest Moon... uh... Rune Factory?

I personally suggest staying away from shooters and stick with either a platformer or an RPG.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
We've done "Let's play" style streams with Kuno doing the UPN Game and Super Mario World and Yougi doing that combat version of Harvest Moon... uh... Rune Factory?

I personally suggest staying away from shooters and stick with either a platformer or an RPG.
I didn't know you guys did Let's Play's of SMW or Rune Factory... I'd be interested in watching.

Any ideas on what I can do to spice up my Let's Play's aside from the previously mentioned? Mayhaps get some UPNers involved somehow (though I wouldn't know how)?

And Char, I completely agree. I adore Paper Mario (didn't care for Super Paper Mario much, though...), and I only beat TYD once, and would love to again.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #5
Selena
Aroma Lady

Hard platformers are the most fun to watch people play.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Always wanted Thousand Year Door but never got my hands on it. Love Super Paper Mario though, so voted for that along with classic faves of mine. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was one of the first GC games I got, Zelda's awesome and I've not got around to playing SMG, wouldn't mind seeing that.

Sadface at no Silent Hill though ;;
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #7
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

I voted for WW and TTYD, my two top favorite games of all time.

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #8
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
TTYD is my favorite game of all time, so I say go for that. Super Mario Galaxy would be fun to watch, also.
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
As much as I have little preference when it comes to playing them, for LP's games with playstyles like Deus Ex/Oblivion/etc are much more fun to watch then games like Pokemon/Kotor/The Witcher etc. Basically games where you have to react on the fly, and things going wrong turn into trying increasingly crazy and desperate things. Games where people can have all the thinking time in the world - turn based RPGs et al - are incredibly dull to watch LP'd. It's also important to find a nice balance between "omg I'm failing epically and will have to redo this section/be stuck on it for three hours" and "nothing ever goes wrong, this is too easy", so things like SMG and LoZ are also only interesting in places.

As a quick example of someone I consider an awesome LPer, Veriax's LPs of Oblivion, Deus Ex and Thief are fantastic.

Last edited by Concept; 12-17-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #10
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I might be interested in a watch here and there, but I mainly came in to laugh immaturely about how the title is abbreviated '"Let's Play..." with your...' on the forum.

*snicker*
Old 12-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
I might be interested in a watch here and there, but I mainly came in to laugh immaturely about how the title is abbreviated '"Let's Play..." with your...' on the forum.

*snicker*

Alright guys, it looks like considering no on has voted since about this time yesterday and we've got enough votes to declare a winner, and I may have said I wouldn't use a bias but fuck it, I'm doing PMTTYD because I haven't played that in forever and I loved every second of it, and it appears you guys do, too, so TTYD it is!

I'm going to go ahead and start today. Hope YT fixes my account problem when I delete that Star Wars video.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #12
deoxys
Fog Badge

I know I said I'd do this but I basically can't get fraps to record gameplay without slowing i down to a really slow speed, so I have no clue when I'll get around to it I'm still planning on it though. I mean it runs perfectly without Fraps, but when I start recording it just slows my game down to about half the frame rate. If anyone knows of any better solutions... I'm more than willing to hear them...
Old 01-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If at all possible, have a two-machine setup.

Machine 1: you play the game on this one. You also have your monitor (so you can see what you're doing) hooked up to a video splitter that is feeding into the video out port on the back.

Machine 2: this connects from the video out on Machine 1 (courtesy of video splitter) to the video in on it. You record the video in on this machine using whatever software can pull off said feat.

Highlights:
  • Machine 1's power is 100% devoted to regular functions. The video splitter, as a physical split, puts zero burden on the machine itself and lets you game as usual.
  • Machine 2's power can be 100% devoted toward recording the video input. With no other processes running, it should be a breeze ...
  • ... so long as Machine 2's power is decent.

I've never done anything like this so no promises it'd work the way you want it to. But you could look into it. I know I would if I were in your shoes.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games