Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Debate

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 06:07 AM   #26
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
EDIT: I'd also like to point out to how your logic boils down to "I really like murder and I am actively trying to defend his desire to murder people and I think that I should should be legally able to murder even if it's blatantly obvious that it hurts people."

Murder has never been legal in human society. Young marriage on the other hand, has. Murder takes life from people. Young marriage gives life to people.

My argument is that, perhaps, just perhaps, maybe these "harmful effects" we're associating with child molestation, are not actually a result of sexual contact, but rather a result of the forced or otherwise violent and disrespectful nature of the act. And that within the parameters of a healthy relationship, such harmful effects are nonexistant, or at least, no worse than any other occurrences in life.

Quote:
historical and biblical precedence is not okay with you when it deals with something involving consenting adults, like homosexuality

but when it's kiddysex it's totally legitimate

wow it's like you're not even trying anymore
OMG... We're not talking about homosexuality here, take it to the right thread, I am not arguing against homosexuality with these arguments! Beyond the fact that Talon already refuted that comparison for me in the other thread.

Quote:
You are, from pretty much anyone's perspective aside from those pretty close or meeting the level of lunacy you engage in, an ignoramus and a lunatic. We don't reject you because you're not conformed to our world views, we reject you because your world views are so twisted and backwards that we feel you detract from our community.
Exactly, my view doesn't conform with yours because it is "twisted," thus you shun me. I think its actually the hostility you have for me that's causing the detraction from the community. I tried to be mild when I first registered, but the immediate hatred for my personal opinions, most of which not even fully disclosed at the time, and entirely irrelevant to the community, has not helped things.

Quote:
Frankly, I'm extremely uncomfortable interacting with ANYONE who harbors paedophilic desires, whether they act on them or not. But it's even worse when said person is frequenting a forum about a game marketed and made for children, especially when a large number of its members are well under the age of consent or have been for most of their time here (like myself).
I could say the same about interactin with people who harbor homosexual desires, whether they act on them or not. But I don't, because I respect them as people. I'm not afforded even that here, it seems.

Quote:
If Kuno doesn't finally drop the banhammer on you, I'd like to be the first to ask you to kindly get the fuck out.
You have no idea how rageful I am right now because of these remarks, but I'll let it pass, because I don't hate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise View Post
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that an "arbitrary age of consent" is a much easier gauge of measurement in legal terms than "sexual maturity" or whatever bullshit metric you feel should entitle you to be a cradle robber.
I agree. Though African and middle eastern tribes may go by actual physical maturity, I agree an arbitrary age is the best choice for a law. What we disagree on, is what that age ought to be. It is my belief that such arbitrary age be 12, as it has most commonly been in human history, though, no doubt you wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than 18.

And I would appreciate it if you would cease to insult and falsely accuse me. Honestly, in any professional forum such immature behavior would not be tolerated.

Quote:
And this logic does not apply to homosexual relationships because...?
God Gracious! I'm not arguing against homosexuality with these arguements, the two ideas are completely separate! Besides the fact that Talon already showed that argument to be refuted in the other thread. Keep things in the threads they belong, don't carry them over to unrelated issues.

Quote:
I think the greater point is that arguing that pedophilia is okay "because it was okay a long time ago" is dangerous, and arguably ignores the context of the eras in which that practice was accepted ("marrying young" means something quite different when you're considered exceptional if you live to your mid-40's). It also opens up an uncomfortable can of worms for some of your other beliefs, such as why you think homosexuality is wrong even though there are plenty of cultures and times where homosexual behavior was not afforded the stigma it has in Judeo-Christian cultures.
Homosexuality and same-sex marriage are two completely separate issues, and neither of them have any meaning in this thread, as this a third separate issue. No cans of worms are opened, because the issues are unrelated.

As for making the argument about historical precedence being dangerous, let me deal with that. If there are specific issues you would like me to address, that you feel undermine my argument, I'll be happy to address them and show why they don't.

Who am I kidding? You don't care at all for my opinion, except to rip me a new one. Why should I waste my time with someone as brutish as that?

Quote:
Yeah, we know. You want to be a kiddie fucker, but you want to move the goalposts so that you aren't a kiddie fucker for a very specific definition of kiddie fucking.
Spoiler: show
PS you're still a pedophile

[/quote]
If I was 15 with this same position, what would that make me then? Serious question.

Quote:
Did you seriously just equate liking well-endowed women = fucking underage girls
I equated having one particular sexual preference, to having another, different, particular sexual preference. If you have a problem with that, well, I'm not sorry.

Small chest, flat chest, fair chest, mega-bust, what's the difference between liking one or the other? And I said absolutely nothing about having relations.

You know... I really wonder why I bother replying to people like you. Maybe some part of me hopes that someday you'll learn how to treat others with respect, even when you disagree with them, but alas, I fear it is a lost cause.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #27
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
Murder has never been legal in human society. Young marriage on the other hand, has. Murder takes life from people. Young marriage gives life to people.
Murder is killing someone unlawfully so fucking duh it's never been legal. Killing someone with premeditation has been legal though, it's called war.

Quote:
If I was 15 with this same position, what would that make me then? Serious question.
In that instance both are minors and there isn't 5 years between you, so nothing. However the law frowns upon sex, obviously.

It should also be mentioned that a plethora of women online have admitted to having relationships with people in said example category and almost all of them have said it was traumatic, a bad idea etc. with the only people who agree are ones who have never experienced it.

Quote:
I guess my schools must have sucked than, as there has never been any focus on business or development in my public schooling. I am not blind however, perhaps I was just raised in a different generation. As I have clearly seen a lack of responsibility in many in generations close to mine.
Of course you did, the funding was held by Mitt Romney.

Quote:
Wrong.
Pedophilia = sexual attraction
Homosexuality = sexual attraction
wrong.

Pedophilia is a medical diagnosis, pedophilia, or paedophilia, is defined as a psychiatric disorder in persons who are 16 years of age or older typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children (generally age 13 years or younger, though onset of puberty varies). The prepubescent child must be at least five years younger than the adolescent before the attraction can be diagnosed as pedophilia.

Also having sex with someone below the legal age is statutory rape.

Quote:
I registered here to this forum because I desired, in all my social inadequacy, to become a part of the community, but the more I open up to people, the more you reject me. Because I never conformed to your world views, I am ostracized and insulted. So, am I really then, the one at fault here?
Yes, you are the one to blame. You log into a pretty liberal forum and spout shite about anti-gay marriage and wanting to allow Pedophilia.

Quote:
You don't ever see me deriding your opinions on large breasted women Talon, though I personally dislike them.
BEFORE YOUR BANNED:

I would like to say that we share one thing in common, I too am a fan of small-breasted women but I like mine on women my age whereas you like yours on children.

My reasons are probably different to yours but mine are; perfectly hand-sized squezes, no bra and sports tops on hot days, nipples, strapless dresses, no sagging and looks better on an athletic women (my kind of woman, no less.)

Just thought I'd let you know that we actually fucking agree on one topic before you leave forever. Have a nice life though.

Last edited by Treepandaone; 10-22-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #28
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Pedophilia = sexual attraction
Homosexuality = sexual attraction

abuse = violent or otherwise physically or mentally harmful actions against a person without consent.

sexual abuse = abuse of a sexual nature, whether in or out of a marriage

child sexual abuse = defined by law as someone "too old" doing something to someone of a certain age that someone of that same age is perfectly allowed to do with someone of the same age.

marriage = lawful sexual conduct between two people, regardless of societal norms, excluding abuse.

I do not approve of any sort of extramarital affairs, whether they be pedophilic or homosexual in nature. I also do not approve of abuse or coercion in sexual encounters. However, if there is love, kindness, understanding, education, and consent, I see no reason to exclude certain ages from marriage.
Unownmew, let me just start by saying I have always had some sympathy towards you regarding the way people treat you around here. But you just pretty much compared gay people to paedophiles. There is just so much that is wrong with that. They don't even compare.

Like I'm not anti-religious, I have a degree in Religious Studies and Philosophy so I'm pretty open minded towards all religious beliefs, and I'm gay so I guess I'm personally offended by a lot of what you write. I've experienced my fair share of anti-gay behaviour in my life, and I've read bucketloads of religious and non-religious based anti-LGBT views/articles/whatever. And every single one gives me the most sick feeling in my stomach, I guess it must be kind of like the feeling you feel when you read the bucketload of abuse people throw at you. But you have genuinely made me lose all sympathy I have had towards you. I can't begin to describe just how offensive this is. I know you speak of homosexuality as a group rather than aiming these comments at anyone specifically, but I do take it personally. As would most other LGBT identifying people. I can't really help it. So I guess I'm more offended that you've compared me (along with other really great people here, like Jeri, Kairne etc.) to paedophiles. Which in my view (and I imagine the view of pretty much everyone on this board) is one of the most disgusting horrible morally-corrupt actions that the human race is capable of.

I know everyone's entitled to an opinion, and I'm accepting of that fact. I've done my fair share of LGBT defending in the past, both academically and in 'real life' so to speak but there's no way I can even begin to entertain an opinion so diluted with LGBT hatred to the extent you'd ever write paedophilia and homosexuality in the same sentence. Even just for the context of a debate. Like there's hating gay people, or homosexuality, or whatever. But then there's comparing it to paedphilia. That's something else.

I hate getting into debate threads, so I don't usually post in them. But that just got to me so much I hate to write something even if it doesn't really continue the debate or respond to you in a decent manner.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #29
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Oh shit. Stu got mad.

holy Christ I never want to see that again.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #30
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
Murder is killing someone unlawfully so fucking duh it's never been legal. Killing someone with premeditation has been legal though, it's called war.
Touche`

Quote:
In that instance both are minors and there isn't 5 years between you, so nothing. However the law frowns upon sex, obviously.

The law doesn't frown upon it. In fact some politicians encourage such sexual relations when both are under-aged and unwed (such as desiring to make condoms available to 12 year olds)

Quote:
It should also be mentioned that a plethora of women online have admitted to having relationships with people in said example category and almost all of them have said it was traumatic, a bad idea etc. with the only people who agree are ones who have never experienced it.
In light of some vagueness here, I'm assuming you're referring to women admitting to being in relationships where both parties are under-aged, and that they considered such relationships are traumatic and a bed idea.

Firstly, these are unwed relationships. If we were to look at relationships where the partners married, would we see the same results?

Secondly, these relationships have both partied being underaged. If one party was not underaged, and both parties were married, would we again see the same results?

Quote:
wrong.

Pedophilia is a medical diagnosis, pedophilia, or paedophilia, is defined as a psychiatric disorder in persons who are 16 years of age or older typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children (generally age 13 years or younger, though onset of puberty varies). The prepubescent child must be at least five years younger than the adolescent before the attraction can be diagnosed as pedophilia.
So, I have a medical issue then? Interesting since this attraction started when I was 15, not 16.
What I don't understand though, is how any sort of mental diagnosis can provide such arbitrary numbers. How can pedophilia just "suddenly appear" in a 16 year old when there was no previous precedence for it? And how can such a medical disorder distinguish an age gap of no less than 5 years? It makes no sense. None whatsoever.

Quote:
Also having sex with someone below the legal age is statutory rape.
No one is arguing that. Though it's a viable defense if the "offended" was married to the "offender" at the time.

Speaking of statutory, what do you think of this?
Moral, or not?

Quote:
Yes, you are the one to blame. You log into a pretty liberal forum and spout shite about anti-gay marriage and wanting to allow Pedophilia.
How in the world was I supposed to know the political views of the forum members when I registered? :S

Quote:
BEFORE YOUR BANNED:

I would like to say that we share one thing in common, I too am a fan of small-breasted women but I like mine on women my age whereas you like yours on children.

My reasons are probably different to yours but mine are; perfectly hand-sized squezes, no bra and sports tops on hot days, nipples, strapless dresses, no sagging and looks better on an athletic women (my kind of woman, no less.)

Just thought I'd let you know that we actually fucking agree on one topic before you leave forever. Have a nice life though.
No, the reasons are not different, we're pretty equal on this. Whatever the age, I'd prefer smaller bust for the same reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
Unownmew, let me just start by saying I have always had some sympathy towards you regarding the way people treat you around here. But you just pretty much compared gay people to paedophiles. There is just so much that is wrong with that. They don't even compare.
In my defense, I was NOT the person to bring up homosexuality here, I've been trying to keep it entirely out of this topic. I was defending myself from an attack by someone else. And Talon brought up the comparison between pedophilia and homosexuality in the Politics thread first.

Although, in the very strictest sense, pedophilia is similar to homosexuality, and heterosexuality, and bestiality, and monosexuality, in that they are all a particular sexual attraction to a particular thing. That is all I was trying to say there.

Quote:
Like I'm not anti-religious, I have a degree in Religious Studies and Philosophy so I'm pretty open minded towards all religious beliefs, and I'm gay so I guess I'm personally offended by a lot of what you write. I've experienced my fair share of anti-gay behaviour in my life, and I've read bucketloads of religious and non-religious based anti-LGBT views/articles/whatever. And every single one gives me the most sick feeling in my stomach, I guess it must be kind of like the feeling you feel when you read the bucketload of abuse people throw at you. But you have genuinely made me lose all sympathy I have had towards you. I can't begin to describe just how offensive this is. I know you speak of homosexuality as a group rather than aiming these comments at anyone specifically, but I do take it personally. As would most other LGBT identifying people. I can't really help it. So I guess I'm more offended that you've compared me (along with other really great people here, like Jeri, Kairne etc.) to paedophiles. Which in my view (and I imagine the view of pretty much everyone on this board) is one of the most disgusting horrible morally-corrupt actions that the human race is capable of.
I can understand your position here, and I apologize for offending you. I understand that there is a major stigma towards pedophiles, and I share this stigma, however for a different reason. In my view, it's not the attraction that is so terrible, it is the way these predators go about satisfying it.

IMO, it is the rape, abuse, abuse of trust, and the forcing of themselves on children that is so utterly detestable, this goes for the offenders whether they are married or unmarried to their victim.

If sexual relations were to occur in a mutually approved and lawfully recognized marriage, in a loving manner, treating the young spouse as an equal rather than an object of self-satisfaction, I would fully support them. In such a similar manner as this.

Now, you say you feel offended when you read my general comments on homosexuality (assuming in the gay marriage thread as I've tried to keep them out of this one). I can understand how you might feel this way, but I don't know what to say to you. I feel just as personally offended that the LGBT community is seeking to redefine marriage, which, in my opinion, is a very specific institution designed for a singular purpose, incompatible with their desired redefinition. That's not to say I desire to keep rights away from them however, or in any way make them as second class citizens. If I'm not mistaken, there is such a thing as a legal union, which is similar to marriage but is not so limited to male-female, so I don't understand why they yet demand the perversion of the institution of marriage notwithstanding.

Quote:
I know everyone's entitled to an opinion, and I'm accepting of that fact. I've done my fair share of LGBT defending in the past, both academically and in 'real life' so to speak but there's no way I can even begin to entertain an opinion so diluted with LGBT hatred to the extent you'd ever write paedophilia and homosexuality in the same sentence. Even just for the context of a debate. Like there's hating gay people, or homosexuality, or whatever. But then there's comparing it to paedphilia. That's something else.
I can understand why you would feel the way you do about my remark, however, it was not my intent to infer that homosexuality is in any way of the same caliber as the Violent abuse of children. I hope you can understand. My comparison was entirely regarding the superficial details, not the actual internals or the people in either group.

Quote:
I hate getting into debate threads, so I don't usually post in them. But that just got to me so much I hate to write something even if it doesn't really continue the debate or respond to you in a decent manner.
I'm sorry to have forced you in, but I appreciate your remarks. Yours is probably the most heartfelt of any replies I've received. And thank you for not resorting to cheap shots, insults or rude speech despite, no doubt, your boiling fury at me.

Last edited by unownmew; 10-22-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #31
deoxys
Fog Badge

This thread is a trainwreck.
And it's amazing.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #32
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
BORKED