UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #2151
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
OOC: Holy fuck I finally finished

Murray's Double-Edge attack struck true, with a little help from Tate's diversion, and the Plusle was sent flying. It slammed and bounced off the walls and ceiling of the bar, as if Rube Goldberg had cursed the poor little mouse, and ended up smashing through the window with a scream. Such a powerful attack comes with a cost, however. Every action comes with an equal and opposite reaction - and when your action is tackling somebody with extreme force, the reaction is going to be massive. Pain racked through Murray's tiny body. He clenched his jaw, trying not to cry out in agony as the pain meshed with the lingering sparks from his Paralysis. He surveyed the bar to assure that the overgrown rodent menace had been dealt with, before finally allowing his body to collapse...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mikan nodded in understanding at Rubeus' origin story for his healing touch. She herself knew the side effects of having to heal with Pain Split - then again, it was better than Healing Wish. She really needed to get Michael to help her learn Heal Pulse. Or at least Wish, something that didn't require considerable amounts of self harm to use. She may be a selfless medic, but come on now!
"A chocolate that teaches Softboiled... I'll need to ask Michael to look into that. Maybe one of my colleagues from nursing school would know where to find one..." Mikan remarked, intrigued. All of a sudden, a strange yellow blur flew by the group. It didn't take a genius to figure out why that was, especially since Rubeus had... flew? was that the right verb to describe that action? Mikan didn't know. Either way, he was flying pretty quickly towards Murray. Mikan gasped, allowing herself a few moments of shock before snapping into business composure mode. She was a medic, after all.
"I'm Mikan. I'm sorry, I've gotta hurry, please excuse me. Duty calls" She quickly told Bellatrix, before dashing to Murray's side."
"Murray! Are you quite alright?" She asked, though it was pretty obvious the Taillow wasn't. She didn't need her feelers to see that the poor bird was suffering from Paralysis. She cupped her hands and gathered a ball of energy between them, silently thanking Arceus that Michael had finally gotten around to helping her learn Heal Bell recently. She let the energy chime, sending waves of energy through Murray's tiny body. The energy darted around the Taillow's muscles as if chasing away the electrical tendrils that were keeping him locked down, but it still probably wouldn't be enough
"Rubeus, I'm sorry to have to ask you, but could you demonstrate how you use your Softboiled technique on Murray here?" She asked the Stunfisk, allowing herself another few moments to revel in the irony of it all. Here they were, back in the bar a year later, with Murray and her roles reversed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dalia was unfazed by Cirno's anger. Why should she be? She had already experienced it once before. Such was the curse of precognition. The tiny Natu had not just been staring at the pokemon around her, oh no. She had been staring into the future. She had foreseen the two grass types arrival and, of course, she had foreseen the Whimsicott becoming hostile. There wasn't much she could do about it, of course. Had Lilliana been there then she would have guarded her from the fight and they would have talked the grass types down, but that possible future had been overtaken by Lilliana's preoccupation with the strange woman. In the grand scheme of the universe, the actions of a small Natu wouldn't cause a ripple. If she was to be fought, and defeated, then so be it. It was what the future held for her. Dalia closed her eyes and allowed the Fairy Wind to wash over her. The tiny bird was blown back a few paces, dazed but otherwise alright. She showed little concern for Kauki's wellbeing, nor was she moved my Palaho moving to her defence. She merely remained still. Looking, staring at... nothing.
Puck visibly flinched at the harshness of Kai's words. His ears and tail dropped and his smile weakened, becoming one of worry.
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! It was only a joke! You know me Kai, I'm just silly old Puck saying silly old things! Ahaha..." His awkward laughter trailed off into silence. What was he doing?! This inconsiderate behaviour wasn't like him at all! Now his new friend would think he's nothing but a big doodyhead and stop being friends with him and then he'd have lost a friend and that's not fun, that's not fun at all.
He was so deep in his own mind (for the first time in forever. How did people manage this whole 'thinking' thing anyway?) that he didn't even notice the yellow blur of light fly past him. That was definitely a bad sign - usually he'd be all over sudden distractions like that, but now... now he wasn't even listening to the conversation...
The mood in the group had lowered somewhat as Dikune's actions were registered by the others. Michael gently lowered his Hypno's arm, giving him a look of worry. He was used to his Hypno doing stuff like this, and was almost proud of its protective nature. But sometimes the Hypno got... too protective - and now was one of those times. Of course, being a psychic type meant Dikune was able to hear Michael's concerned internal dialogue. He lowered his head, ashamed.
"Forgive my paranoia. I've just had some... unpleasant encounters with others of my own kind in the past." Dikune telepathically replied, solemnly. "Feel free to call upon your Drowzee."
'But I will be keeping a close eye on her,'
Dikune thought to himself. Old habits die hard, after all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axel followed the Timburr's hands carefully as he signed out his message. It seemed the log was used for communication - a clever technique indeed. He himself would benefit from something similar but alas the poor Wooper was cursed with having no arms. Not that he let that stop him or anything. Axel looked around the bar for something he could use as a pointer. He found one in the form of a straw that had been left nearby on the counter. How convenient! Axel flipped the straw into his mouth with his tail, and scanned the log carefully. As he found the words he seeked, he tapped the straw to each of them in turn.
Tired. Hungry.
The message was short but to the point.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 05-02-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:56 PM   #2152
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

CERNO AND OISIN:
Cerno showed no fear as the mandibuzz threatened him "Madam, I smell of deerling because my mate is a deerling. Do you wish to fight me instead of that Natu?"
Oisín puffed out his chest trying to be brave for his mate.
KAWAII AND BAKU:
Kawaii smiled and returned to the PC "I promise, Baku won't hurt a fly. At least on purpose." She retrieved a final pokeball and returned to the trainer and his Hypno. The pink-ette released the pokeballs occupant.
Baku opened her eyes slowly "Drow-zee?" she asked. Her trainer giggled "Baku, this is Dikune. Dikune, Baku."
The Drowzee yawned and smiled slowly at the Hypno Hello Dikune. Its nice to meet you.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
Old 05-02-2017, 06:33 AM   #2153
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Tate watched Murray fall out of the sky, and finally realized how bad of a condition he really was in. As Mikan rushed over, and began her duties, Tate stood helplessly by, feeling useless and a little stupid, forgetting about the Plusle in the face of the Tailow's plight.

"I'm sorry, little guy-" the trainer cooed, genuinely apologetic, chest aching. Geez, Tate, why do you have to fuck up everything? This is probably your fault. Somehow.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Kai grimaced, and sighed, glancing over her shoulder at Puck. She recognized that tone; it was the same pitiful tone her trainer often took. Now she felt bad. Had she really been that cruel? The Umbreon and Espeon seemed to think so. She sighed again, more harshly, and stood, forgetting about the Minun and his nonsense. He wasn't important, she had decided; it wasn't like she'd see him ever again. She tried to roll her eyes but found they were now fixed in the sockets; this threw her a little but for her own sake she didn't dwell on it. Instead, she nudged Puck with her shoulder, and sat down beside him.

"I... didn't mean that," she purred, literally -- the words just a low rumble to human ears. "I don't like electricity. Less so now, I think. But I could make an exception for someone like you, I suppose, if that's what you decided. If you didn't shock me."

Her last sentence was more severe; a warning. Her nose turned up pleasantly, however, in something approximating a smile.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

"I could," Palaho mused, slowly withdrawing herself. She remained close, however, leering down at the Whimsicott, whom she was over four times the mass of. "But I'm not so belligerent. Now apologize. First to Kauka, and then to the Natu. Yes?"

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-02-2017, 05:15 PM   #2154
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Cyanide chuckled. "Heh, thanks," she said to Freighya. She listened in as Kai realized how mean her words must have sounded, and apologized to Puck for them.

"It's cool, no problem," Dennis reassured DTM.

Before much more could be said in the conversation, however, Murray collapsing to the floor caught Mikan's attention, just as it had caught Rubeus's attention. The Audino let loose a Heal Bell to heal up the Taillow's paralysis, though she utterly wasted her breath on what she said next, for Rubeus had already started to charge up his Soft-Boiled attack. As Mikan made the request, the white-finned Stunfisk nodded before letting the restorative egg loose. It drifted into Murray's body, surely healing him quite nicely. "No need to apologize for asking," Rubeus said to Mikan. "It's situations like these this move was made for."

Six glanced at the pendant Cassie had. "I... I hope you get to see him again," he murmured.

That's the one, Andromeda confirmed as Sera asked if she meant Marion Ette. Not recently at all, though, I'm afraid- around six years ago, if I'm not mistaken, is when she traded me to a different Trainer. I was known as Nova back then.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:35 PM   #2155
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Ffion appears to breathe a sigh of relief at Remilia's reassurance that Keith and Minerva were, indeed, in the Bar a few moments ago. In fact, her previous anxiety seems to melt away - odd, considering that she now happens to be offering up her arm to a known hematophage without the slightest hint of apprehension. As Remilia suggests that Minerva's escape may have resulted from her desire to remove herself from the crowds, Ffion's airy giggle floats forth.

"Oh, you are kind to make excuses for Minny, but I know she just wants to be away from me." Despite the harshness of the statement itself, Ffion states it rather matter-of-factly... even somewhat jovially. At that moment, Heather moves in, propelled by anxiety, to ask Ffion if she would speak with her a moment when she finished her present conversation. Ffion grins like a Cheshire Cat. "Privacy, you say? Private from whom?" She posits the question, but does not wait for an answer - she merely shrugs, and adds, "If you insist."

Even as Remilia's teeth sink readily into the soft skin of her forearm, there seems to be no visible reaction of discomfort. No pleasure, no pain - in fact, Ffion seems more focused and meditative than anything else. Inhaling deeply, she plants her feet firmly on the ground, and closes her eyes. Whatever disjointed, untamed thoughts ran free in the small woman's head seemed to be calming somewhat. As Remilia pulls away, Ffion can't help but be optimistic that, despite her present circumstance, the exchange of such a small amount of blood for one so acquainted with the taste wouldn't cause any pro-

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. The vampire was clearly trippin' balls. Ffion supposed that it made sense - she was having a conversation with a talking lamppost on the way here, after all, about what it truly meant to be illuminating - perhaps it was a Lampent that had developed telepathic abilities? A Ditto playing tricks? Who knew. General consensus was that things like that typically did not happen, though she could never, ever be sure.

Ffion patiently waits for the effects to subside, a sly smile on her face - in stark contrast to the rush of hot anger flooding Remilia's.

"Oh, now, Remilia... Being a fine connoisseur of all things sanguine, I thought you of all people would be able to catch the scent of a Faeseer's blood from miles... but perhaps they are less common in this lands." Ffion lifts her arm, inspecting the puncture wounds with amusement. "Sounds more magical than it really is, but... Take a few deep breaths, let the initial shock leave you, and you might see something worthwhile. The more you panic, the worse it gets..."

---

The Mawile's eyes widen, doll-like, at the Meowth's question. The yellow head tilts, its mouth saying, Whatsoever might you be speaking in reference to - and why would one ask a question to which an answer is not desired? This is unimaginably... I...

The cat is displeased? The inhuman growl, less a voice and more the clashing of metal coming together to form some semblance of language, bellows in Meowth's direction. The cat should cease being displeased. The cat's displeasure will end... one way or another.

The Mawile's eyes blink innocently. May I provide some manner of assistance to you, troubled Meowth?

Last edited by Marion Ette; 05-02-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:00 PM   #2156
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Fatale continued to watch the exchange between Remilia and Ffion with no small amount of curiosity. She had no clue what a Faeseer was, but from the sound of things, one characteristic of them appeared to be the decidedly bizarre effects of drinking their blood. The Shiny Beautifly watched Remilia, wondering what would happen if the vampire did indeed take some deep breaths as Ffion was suggesting. If this went somewhere promising, perhaps she would want to take a taste next.

Mawile did not seem to understand Meowth's question, nor his reluctance to ask it. The larger mouth, on the other hand, seemed displeased at Meowth's displeasure, and most ominously stated that said displeasure would end, one way or another.

Meowth, to put it mildly, was freaked out as all hell. The Mawile seemed genuinely nice, if a bit shy and withdrawn, though the bigger, decidedly nastier-looking mouth, that was a whole other swarm of Yanma. Part of him was tempted to run away from the Mawile, but he did not do so. Whether this was due to courage or due to being too scared to flee, he couldn't quite tell. Either way, he was decidedly not too scared to respond to the Steel/Fairy-type.

"...Nah, nuttin's wrong, I just..." he replied. "I dunno, I thought I heard somethin'. I'll be fine. But, gettin' back on topic, wat was it youse wanted ta ask me?" he added, hoping that both mouths would accept the change back to the original subject without a problem.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:49 PM   #2157
Heather
Naga's Voice

Heather waited for Ffion to finish up whatever the hell she was talking about with the other girl (who was apparently a vampire? Heather wasn't even trying to keep track at this rate, especially not with all the jargon Ffion was throwing about) before ensuring that no one of note was listening too closely and addressing the strange woman. The look in Heather's eyes was one of genuine fear and consternation. Whatever the issue was, it was obviously a big deal and very troubling, judging by how the color had seemed to drain from her entire body, as beads of sweat glistened instead. Even the sky blue of her nails seemed to be washed out, and her hair as though red clay rather than a brightly burning flame.

"You say you met me before, well, something. All I need to know is what that something is, because, well, depending on your answer, it may behoove you to keep it secret that such a time ever was." the redhead explained awkwardly, doing her best to not give away what it was in case Ffion actually didn't know. "In the interest of cutting the matter straight to the quick...when you met me, what was my name? To what exactly did I answer?" Heather asked pointedly, attempting to mask her anxiety (and failing miserably). "If you know of what I went by before...you must not tell a soul. Trust me...you cannot know the consequences." she pleaded, almost to tears.

For the love of Arceus please don't say Daniel, say you don’t know or something, just anything but making me worry any more about this, please... her mind raced, the need for an answer being the only thing keeping her feet rooted in their place. The rest of her trembled vigorously, intent on leaving at the earliest opportunity-if not the Bar, then at least present company. It was bad enough that something so sensitive potentially lay in the hands of, well, whatever a Faeseer was, but a vampire being around just made matters worse-she couldn’t afford to be giving any sanguine donations, as it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 05-02-2017, 11:05 PM   #2158
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Frieghya blushed quickly My apologise,puck.
DTM clapped at the two pokemon working togeather and whispered to Dennis "What happened?
Cerno quickly bowed to the Vulaby and the Natu "I am so sorry for attacking without warning. I am sometimes too eager for my own good."
Cassie sighed "Me too, but I came out here for a reason. I need to evolve I think, to put him behind me." she smiled sadly "Don't worry, I won't evolve into stoutland without you Wolfie."

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
Old 05-03-2017, 01:32 PM   #2159
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

"Too eager, too eager," Kauka clucked, walking to the edge of the bar. Her talons wrapped around the lip of the wooden slab as she administered her diagnosis. "We must castrate."

"I don't think his mate would appreciate that," Palaho informed, folding her wings. She strode over to her young sister's perch, and hopped onto a bar stool. "Go. See to the Natu," she encouraged.

Kauka obeyed, hopping to where Dalia had been knocked. "Will you live? Will you live?" She crowed, concernedly, even as her own breath was tired and ragged. "I cannot heal you. I am not yet a physician. Alas, alas!"

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 05-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #2160
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Remilia continued to glare at Ffion as she talked about being a Farseer. She had never heard of them ever before, and she generally considered herself to be pretty knowledgable about these kinds of matters. Ffion told her to take a couple of deep breaths to let the shock come out of her, but Remilia didn't really want to know what kind of things Ffion was even remotely talking about. But she couldn't be seen panicking in public like this, so she took a deep breath, trying to let the anxiety pass through her system. A bright light began to shine from the door in front of her, and she covered her eyes from it. However, it didn't seem that anyone else was able to see it. Another hallucination.

'Seeing something worthwhile? What a load of shit' Remilia thought to herself, but soon the light faded away, and she saw someone standing in the bar who she never expected to ever see again. It was the wizard who had changed her to begin with. The young man who had played with her life like it was a toy. She scowled at him. That wasn't somebody she had wanted to have seen at any point. Oddly enough however, he seemed to have seen her as well. "Oh? Well this is odd. I didn't expect anyone to be able to see into Avalon, none the less you. So what is it? Messing around with souls again? Hmm...no. I think you're rather high actually." Remilia shrunk away from him as he walked towards her, flowers sprouting on the floor of the bar where he walked.

"Stay away from me you damn wizard. I don't want you fucking up what I have in my life now." Remilia hissed at him, causing him to laugh. "I don't want to do that. You're showing maturity. I'm actually a little surprised. Maybe I can give you back your immortality soon after all." He seemed amused at her situation, before disappearing. Whether that was truly a hallucination or not Remilia couldn't say, but she shook her head. She wanted to leave now, and probably punch Ffion in the face. Or Minerva. One of the two was going to pay for this.

---

Lillian still seemed to be confused at the mention of Dusk. She didn't seem to remember her at all. It was very puzzling, but she did oddly enough remember a little bit about the Snorunt Hyrem was mentioning. "I can remember most of the Pokemon that I've had, I think. Sometimes the names don't come to me though. But thanks for telling me what you could, Hyrem." Lillian was going to continue, but she wanted to check on Remilia. She turned around to look at her, but in front of her was the weirdest sight; a trail of flowers leading up to Remilia, who seemed to be in a daze. Lillian immediately felt that something was wrong. She walked over to her, slowly grabbing her face.

"What's wrong, Remilia?" Nightingale said, coming in front of Remilia. She initially recoiled a bit, taken aback, before she felt a soft hand on the top of her head. She was confused; Nightingale never would have done that. Was she hallucinating again? Was she seeing Lillian not as Lillian but as Nightingale because of whatever was wrong with Ffion's blood? "Nightingale, please take me out of here. I'm not feeling well. Something is wrong with Ffion's blood and its making me pretty crazy."

Lillian looked at Ffion, and had a feeling about what the issue was. But she kept her mouth shut; she wanted to make sure Remilia got better, not cause a scene in the Bar. She quietly escorted Remilia away, stepping out of the bar before picking up her phone and dialing a number. The phone rang a couple of times before someone picked up.

"Remilia is in trouble, come over." Lillian said as she waited for their response, before sitting in front of the bar with Remilia.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:30 PM   #2161
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

The one who calls herself "Faeseer" regards Heather's pale countenance with bubbly curiosity, though she does seem to listen, for what that was worth with a mind like hers. When asked the name she once knew Heather by, she shakes her head and laughs.

"What a silly question. Why would I call you anything but Heather? Anything else would be like referring to a Gyarados as Magikarp. Whatever we were before - it is of no consequence now, as long as we move forward. Our present strength defines us." Ffion grins. It's... still hard to tell if she really knows anything, and yet, something in her eyes suggests that the more mental energy Heather expends on her worry, the deeper Ffion's understanding becomes... or maybe Ffion was just insane and getting a kick out of Heather's increasingly flustered behavior. She certainly presented as unhinged enough.

Ffion coos with delight at the sight of the flowers leading to Remilia, picking one up from the ground and sniffing it. She makes a bit of face.

"I've smelled better illusions,'" she comments, before chucking it aside.

---

The cat behaves wisely, the other mouth comments in response to the Meowth changing the subject, before going silent. A strange glimmer passes through the Mawile's eyes, but only for a brief moment, before the innocent gaze returns, and the smaller mouth speaks once again.

"OH! Yes! Tragically - unfortunately - and with much regret - my spicy lemonade was left upon the bar counter, and I cannot reach it. Would you, with your feline dexterity, be able to assist me in the endeavor of retrieving that which I desire?"
Old 05-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #2162
Toyo
hail

Jade chased after her Buizel with as much speed as she could in her tattered sneakers on the hard cement sidewalks of Fizzytopia. After a certain point, Max had to understand that his chronic kleptomania was beyond unnecessary. The loaf of bread he took from that street vendor wasn't too expensive, and Jade tried to pay for it, but that wasn't enough for the balding man who slipped into a strange and unfamiliar language as he pulled out a rolling pin and swung it at the sea weasel. She had set the Pokedollars on the counter before chasing after her Buizel, but she still heard the shouting of an angry baker behind her, although she seemed to be losing him

"Why! Why are you like this, Max! Dammit!" Jade sputtered out between breaths. She rounded a corner before Max, grabbing his inflatable collar and dashing to the first "Open" sign she saw. The building she stopped at, barely taking a breath as she looked it over, appeared to be a rundown bar marked only by a florescent green sign that said "FB BAR". "Good enough for me!" Jade opened the door and tossed in Max. He slid across the floor a foot or two as Jade leaped over the step before the door and entered.

She motioned for Max to follow and ducked into the side into a small booth seat. Max kicked up his tails and hopped in after her, sitting in her lap and grinning, still holding the bread in his mouth. She smacked him on the head as she listened through the conversations for the outside. The sounds of angry profanity rose in volume, stopped for a moment, and then she heard slightly quieter profanities at nobody in particular moving back from where they came.

"Enjoy your bread, idiot. You're lucky I love you." The trainer hugged her companion as he broke off a piece of the bread that wasn't in his mouth, still warm from the oven it was swiped from, and handed it over. The Buizel moved over to the inner seat and leaned up against the wall, pulling off his own piece of bread and chomping down on it.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #2163
Heather
Naga's Voice

At Ffion's answer, vague as it was, color returned to Heather's, well, everything. The anxious shaking slowed to a halt as the anxiety left her slowly and she came down from the adrenaline high, feeling a bit drained now as she picked up her beverage once more. She nodded slowly, taking a small sip of her drink once more.

"Thank you. That was...all I needed to hear." she replied softly, proceeding to evacuate the immediate area. Taking a moment, she finished the beverage. She would have gone for another, but she decided today's scare had given her its own kind of fill, and thus decided against doing such a thing. She took a moment and looked down at her watch, and her eyes practically bugged out of her head. "Ah, crap! I forgot, I have to be back for...shoot, Magus is still having his little talk." She mumbled, quickly coming back to the Ghost Type.

"Listen, Magus, I forgot about an appointment, so I really have to be going right now. Have fun with your new friend, and just come back home once you're done, alright? Gotta go, see ya!" she explained, not even waiting for Magus to give a response before hightailing it out the door, the Misdreavus simply giving an exasperated sigh as she went.

Perhaps I might meet that other woman later, the one Magus originally told me to meet... she thought, running as fast as she could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 05-17-2017, 09:37 PM   #2164
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
It had been a long time since Duke last visited these whereabouts. If asked, he'd probably rationalize that he'd simply been too busy to stop by, but truth to be told, for some reason still unbeknownst to him, a part of his being tried its hardest to avoid the local hotspot if possible, as if it evoked some painful emotion. To hell with it. Even if that was the case, the Bar also offered a medicine; a means to drown all grievings of life, if only for a moment.

Walking into the establishment, he noticed the doors being a tad unhinged, perhaps due to someone making a rude entry. A kick, perhaps? Duke wasn't surprised. Stranger things have happened before, and yet the mythical Bar always survived even the most insane of its customers. He noticed several familiar faces, and some new, yet, he didn't bother initiating any interactions, heading instead straight towards the counter, his trusted bodyguard following close behind.

"Yo," he signaled to the bartender. "Good evening, mate. I'll have bowl of warm spiced milk for my Seviper. As for myself... how about a rusty nail?"

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 05-17-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:13 AM   #2165
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Weird, Lillian seemed to forget all about Dusk, though she did remember about the Snorunt. It wasn't long after she thanked Hyrem, however, that she walked over to Remilia to figure out what was wrong with her; apparently, Minerva's friend had some odd properties about her that were very disturbing to Remilia. Lillian brought Remilia back over to the front of the bar, and Hyrem thought it best to leave the pair alone while they handle things.

In the meantime, he could enjoy seeing a very familiar face. As in Balmund, the man that sparked his interest in serpentine Pokemon, along with his trusty partner Orchrist. "Duke! Long time no see!" he greeted the older trainer. "And Chris, you're looking really good too!" He was aware of how scary Orchrist the Seviper can be at times, so throwing a little praise at her certainly wouldn't hurt anything. Sera, having detected the familiar auras before they walked in, simply curtsied and gave Chris a warm greeting, "Hello, Orchrist. I wonder if you recognize me." She carried herself with more confidence than she did when the two Pokemon last met each other, especially now that she had reached the maximum level recognized by the Pokemon League.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 05-18-2017, 12:43 PM   #2166
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Duke takes a cool sip off his drink before turning to greet the familiar trainer. “Long time indeed!” He grins wide as he offers a handshake of bros. The last time they met was during the petit comité Duke had held at his base, in what seemed like ages ago. Those were happier times. It was then that his Salamence and Marion’s Dragonite - a now prestigious member of the Elite - had formalized their union, leading to the birth of Seath, and that event would also eventually lead to the start of Duke’s and Marion’s relationship as a couple. This, of course, was all before what happened with Minerva, and Duke couldn’t help but reminiscence about how things have changed ever since. “How have you been, my friend? And is that Sera? She looks amazing! Please, take seat. Won’t you have some drinks with me?”

Chris on her end seemed uncharacteristically calm as both Hyrem and Sera approached them. Perhaps it was due to the spiced milk; it always seemed to have some sort of soothing effect on her usually ill-tempered persona. Perhaps it was just age that brought along a more tangible sense of emotional stability. Or perhaps, however, it was a result of the empath pokemon’s indirect doing. Certainly, it would seem there was a more… assertive force to her aura, much unlike the weak presence young Arthur used to have back in the day.

When asked if she recognized her, Chris wondered if the question was asked purely out of politeness. Surely, the psychic pokemon would only need to briefly glance at the inner workings of her mind, and have a read of her emotional reaction, to have a more profound answer than her words could ever convey. Yet, the question did serve a purpose as its mere suggestion caused Chris’s mind to surge with recollections of past encounters. She remembered Sera, and she also remembered her first impressions: feeble, vulnerable, and easily intimidated. An impression that did not match the being that stood before her. Ah… you’ve grown. Was all she said, though her tone implied more acknowledgements than that.

Last edited by Balmund; 05-18-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:14 AM   #2167
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

As Hyrem accepted the handshake, he did so with a bit more strength and confidence that came with the maturity he had developed over the five years he had lived here. Balmund may have come a long way since they last met--he would likely find out in the upcoming conversation--but so had he. And Balmund noticed, especially concerning his bond with Sera, and Hyrem couldn't resist beaming with pride as the compliment came forth. "Yeah, Sera and I have been through a lot, she can Mega Evolve now too!" He took the stool next to Balmund's, and asked for a Rawst Nomelade from the bartender before turning back to his friend. "So, how's your Pokemon doing? I bet Duran and Seath are having fun!"

For Sera, to hear and see Orchrist recognize and respect her power was a big relief to her; there were quite a few perks that came with being a Pokemon leveled to her maximum, after all! "Thank you," she smiled and nodded her head. "I can see a sizable development in you as well, Orchrist."

At that moment, Marion took this opportunity to waddle over, having not much luck interacting with anyone, and stare at the new Seviper, trying to figure out just how different she was compared to Amethyst and Kinana. Sera noticed this and figured it was best to nip that behavior in the bud before the "bite-sized" Shiny Gothita was half inside an irritated Chris's mouth: "Well? Are you going to introduce yourself? You may want to at least tell her what your name is."
"Huh? Oh, my name is Marion," she quickly said, not taking her eyes off of Chris.
Oh dear, Sera thought nervously. "Do not worry, she means you no harm, this is..simply how she learns about someone," she felt compelled to explain, praying that the young Fixation Pokemon wouldn't ruin Chris's mood. Some things just never change...

Old 05-27-2017, 01:01 PM   #2168
Balmund
'Munds of fun

"Mega Evolution..." Duke muttered under his breath. He had heared of this before but never had he seen it in action, and neither had he had the chance to do so. By the time key stones had made their way to Fizzytopia, Duke had taken off on a personal agenda, only to find much things had changed upon his return. He couldn't help feeling a bit like an old timer dragged behind by the flow of time.

Hyrem then asks about the well-being of his Salamence and Dratini, and his line of thought takes a turn for the radical as he takes a moment of silence to articulate a proper response. It was no secret he had released most of his Pokemon, but he didn't make it public news either. He knew it was a matter of time before people asked about it, and yet he was surprised at himself in finding out he still wasn't ready. In truth, the memory of the events that led to the decision was still a bit of a painful one. Perhaps it could be one he could share after a bit more alcohol was ingested to lessen the grip of his mental filters. "...They're both doing fine!" Duke finally answered as he tried to give a reassuring smile. "Durandal is a very dedicated parent and Seath is bound to grow fast under his tutelage. August doesn't visit that often, and it's understandable given her responsability as Marion's guardian, but I'm sure she and Duran have everything worked out already. But do tell me more about yourself, I'm sure your party has grown quite a bit since last time, eh?"

Mufufu~ Oh, there's no harm done. Chris's response came with a hint of amusement to the Gothita's antics. She quickly sized up the tiny Psychic-type, and part of her found her baby-doll eyes and ribbon-like feelers to be quite charming... while another part of her wondered if her skull would make that same satisfying crackling sound under the pressure of her jaw. She decides to not yet find about the latter. A small bit of advice however, little one, be careful when staring at the snake, lest the snake glare back at you!" For a moment, the Seviper's eyes beamed with predatory threat, and yet, they seemed strangely alluring and enthralling at the same time, almost paralyzingly so.

Last edited by Balmund; 05-27-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:16 PM   #2169
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
The unseen cloaked figure had not expected the code to be so simple, yet it was. For a presumed two hour job, the fools responsible for the device had the dial's settings almost default, and they merely had to calculate the last two entries after a scant three minutes. Perhaps it was their skill, the fact this was nothing new to them, but as they concentrated, the ticking continued despite the chaos within the bar. A few new inconsequential strangers, but no concern to them, only the gilded sphere before them...

Claaack!

"Ahhh..." the figure sighed, having broken the code as required before placing hand upon the lid as they drew it closer, slowly cracking the lockbox open. Out of sight of the other patrons, the figure reached into the container, examining the item within for several seconds. An ornate key of sorts, with an intricate lock, seemingly Kalosian in design yet completely different. And a small vial of -

"...!"

With a flud motion, the figure swept their arm across the bar, sending the lockbox and vial hurtling through the air while clutching the key they sought, before just as quickly turning off the stool and rushing directly for the door, goggles flying off as the figure whistled to their companion. The Mawile immediately understood, quickly pawning their cordial into the paws of some random Meowth and tailing them.

The clatter of the lockbox was hefty, landing several metres beyond the crowds, while the vial which had begun to tremble in the air as it flew hurtled even further before crashing into the floor at the far wall. Immediately, a mighty explosion of poison and fire engulfed the wall, melting the stone as the blast shook the establishment and setting the building alight, the bartender giving a deep sigh, as though this wanton destruction was an everyday occurrence. However, he would soon find that the volatile toxins within the vial would not yield to water in any shape or form, acting more as an organic flame.

The figure hated leaving the patrons at a time like this, but they had business to attend to. Before anyone could react, they were out of the doors like Giratina out the Distortion World.

---

Perci was quite content in listening to the conversation until the click of the box reached his ears. With a small smile, he accepted the Vaporeon's unease. After all, it was natural for water types to be wary of others, and he was quite eccentric, though nothing like his insectoid ally. Now that little bugger creeped him out thoroughly...

The sight of his master's panicked leave, however, and the sight of the vial, wiped the ease off the Minun's face.

"Burner venom..." he murmured audibly, before composing himself. "I do apologise, good pokemon, but I'm afraid..." he paused as the vial exploded violently, "...that what business my master had here has come to fruition and I'll have to depart. I would advise you, however, to treat that fire as though it were botanic in nature, rather than incendia-"

The Minun's discussion interrupted by a recall beam, the trainer pointed another ball towards a dazed lump sitting beside a tall lamppost with a Plusle-shaped dent in it, retrieving their companion before blitzing down the road, out of sight. Those outside at the time would notice the figure tossing the scarves aside, revealing the face of a woman, slightly tanned with a reddish tint on the eyes that on closer inspection are coloured contacts, and a head of black, greying hair with one very lengthy streak reaching beyond the waist, almost to the ankles.

OOC: Taking this opportunity to progress my own storyline here by getting the heck out of the bar with this stranger. Feel free to address the slowly growing fire.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:36 AM   #2170
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

It actually took Balmund quite some time to respond to Hyrem; had he not been interacting with Durandal and Seath that much? To be fair, however, there were certain Pokemon of Hyrem's he hadn't been paying much attention to lately; that kind of thing was a bit inevitable now that he had over 50 Pokemon...maybe Balmund had that many by now as well? Who knows what he did while he was away from Fizzytopia? Eventually, he did say that everyone was fine, although August wasn't able to visit much now that she was with Marion protecting her most of the time, before asking Hyrem how his team was doing. "Yup, I've gotten a lot of new Pokemon since we met!" he smiled, looking down to find his Shiny Gothita. "Oh, here's one of them now! She likes to look at new faces to study them...maybe you can guess her name from that and who she might look like?" he said with a wink. "I also have this Pokemon too!" A third Love Ball was procured and opened to reveal a blue jellyfish like creature with red eyes. "This is Ulysses, I found him at Phantom Isle!"
"Hello, mister," the Frillish spoke in human language.

Marion wasn't nearly so talkative, and it wasn't so much by choice anymore. As she continued to stare at this new Seviper, she could tell how much stronger she was compared to Amethyst, and then she said something about snakes staring back, and then the purple child suddenly found herself tensing up, she didn't know why. But when she tried to look down, she found she couldn't. No, she didn't want to look away, not from the serpentine gaze upon her, no matter how scary it was starting to seem. Her breathing began to quicken; why didn't she want to look away? There wasn't anything else to analyze about this Fang Snake, but something about her demanded the Psychic-type's full attention. What would happen if she did look away? No, it would be something bad, that was for sure! She had to stay focused on those eyes...

Sera let out a slight gasp as the aura around Marion distorted, just from Orchrist's eyes meeting hers! She had seen Amethyst do this sometimes with some poor creature she intended to become part of her body; the act itself never hurt, but anyone that fell for this Glare attack seemed to neither escape nor fight back, too afraid to even move. Amethyst never dared to use this power of hers against Sera--by the time she learned the attack, Sera had far surpassed her--but what about Chris? She would have almost certainly known how to use Glare by the time the timid Ralts, who was similar to Marion in size back then, first encountered the much larger serpent, and yet she had never employed such a tactic against her. But what if she had? How would she have reacted? Would she have been in the same stupor that Marion was in now? Regardless, as long as Chris didn't do anything harmful to Marion, she was in no real danger...she thought. Yes, Sera had a way to cure her fellow Psychic-type of her status condition at any time, but she merely continued to watch, partly to allow Marion to experience why she needed to pay respect to the powerful reptile but also because she became...curious. Little did she know, she too was brought in by the Seviper's gaze, albeit out of interest instead of terror. She wanted to know just what this snake would do next; after all, Amethyst was predictable (more or less).

Orchrist was not.

{Yes, I'm aware of a certain fire being started, I'm just posting as if that hadn't happened yet! }

Old 07-11-2017, 12:16 AM   #2171
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

OOC: It occurred to me that I've likewise been neglecting the Bar. I mean, we all know real life comes first, but all the same, I cannot freaking believe I haven't replied to this in two months...

Dennis shrugged. "Not completely sure," he whispered back. "A bunch of crazy stuff seemed to happen all at once to that Taillow. The guy's in good hands, though, it seems," he added.

"O-oh, OK," Six murmured. "Um... b-but if you decide y-you don't wanna be a-a Herdier anymore, th-then you should evolve if you... if you think you're ready," he added. "Umm... one of m-my teammates is a Dusknoir, and... he- he hated being a Dusclops, because he couldn't float anymore. H-He was gonna wait for his girlfriend before evolving, b-but she and her Trainer vanished, s-so he was just m-miserable, until Keith convinced him to evolve. So, um... d-don't make yourself unhappy, I guess, is w-what I'm trying to say..." he trailed off.

Fatale seemed mildly surprised by the reaction Remilia was having to Ffion's blood. As she and Lillian stepped outside, with the former very clearly feeling unwell, the Shiny Beautifly began to have second thoughts about taking a taste of this unfamiliar beverage. She flew over to Ffion, circling her, eyeing her in the same way a human might warily eye a new drink they've been served that they weren't completely sure they wanted to taste.

The larger mouth of the Mawile remarked that Meowth was behaving wisely. Meowth tried to ignore the more ominous of the Mawile's two voices, and focused on the nicer, more polite, and (at least in Meowth's opinion) less homicidal-sounding of the two, who requested that Meowth retrieve his spicy lemonade, which was left up on the counter. Meowth looked up, seeing the lemonade glass in question. "Oh, dat? Sure, I can grab it," he nodded. Indeed, for Meowth, the climb was a piece of cake. Getting back down might have posed a bit of an issue, were it not for the barstool. All the while, he was careful to not spill a single drop of the beverage. Partly because he didn't want to make the smaller mouth sad, and partly because he really didn't want to make the bigger mouth angry. "Here ya go," Meowth said, handing the glass to Mawile. At that moment, however, another Mawile thrust a glass of... something... into Meowth's paws. "Wat da-" Meowth murmured, though before he could even begin to dwell on the nature of the mystery beverage thrust upon him, a rather larger distraction presented itself in the form of a fiery explosion. "WAAAH!" Meowth exclaimed in shock as the Bar was set ablaze. The apparent culprit, the mysterious figure with the other Mawile, was already fleeing the scene, withdrawing her Plusle and Minun in the process. Quickly, Meowth unceremoniously threw the unfamiliar beverage aside, and fired a Water Pulse at the flames, only to discover that this fire did not behave as basic type matchups might suggest. "Ohhh, dis is bad," Meowth squeaked.

Myrtle was eyeing the flames warily. She had half a mind to spray the blaze with her Water Gun, but thought better of it upon seeing Meowth's epic fail in that regard. Likewise, Andromeda knew her Hydro Pump would do no good here. Cyanide had no Water moves to reconsider using, but likewise knew that the flames had to be dealt with.

And Andromeda had an idea. Using Psychic, the Starmie and the Banette focused on the dirt outside, and carried as much dirt and dust inside as they possibly could. Andromeda could have sworn she sensed venom of some sort within the flames. If water didn't work... well, Ground beats both Fire and Poison, after all. Cyanide, getting the picture, nodded to Andromeda, who dropped a bit of the dirt in front of her. While Andromeda and Myrtle dropped the rest of the dirt on the flames in an attempt to extinguish them, Cyanide wheeled around and kicked the dirt with her hind legs, attempting to help out by way of Sand Attack.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records