UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #226
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Beat!
Yakuza 3
- 49 hours, 54 minutes
Waiiit a minute don't second playthroughs usually go faster? Not so this time cause I put in the effort an therefor time ta complete every sub-mission, and give all the mini-games a good shake! Using NG+ helped since I had all my skills/items/moneys from the first time playing! Its a big upgrade in many ways over the previous games but the sting of all the content Segac cut while localizing it still stings. Great game anyhow!

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
- 26 minutes, 36 seconds
More NG+ cheatin' since I started with a ton of items & lives in stock! I did legitly collect 2 warp whistles then do all of world 8 so there is that! Regardless of all them dumb voice clips they forced in, this is the best version of Mario 3!

Twisted Metal: Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition
- 18 minutes
Mega Machineguns are OP! They're a cheat but sooo what? Games got some cool levels but the musics not the greatest. Rad boss intros though! Not the best TM game I've played but fun ta play around in.

Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi
- 7 hours, 18 minutes, 31 seconds
Its the original PSP game in HD on PS3! Well there is a new story mode included but I stuck with the original. I didn't get the bad end but I didn't get a man either >.<! Visual novels still get the better of me but not forever I swear!

Total Playtime: 330:36:31
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #227
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi
- 7 hours, 18 minutes, 31 seconds
Its the original PSP game in HD on PS3! Well there is a new story mode included but I stuck with the original. I didn't get the bad end but I didn't get a man either >.<! Visual novels still get the better of me but not forever I swear!
I've never heard of the game but you caught my attention with the Shinsengumi namedrop. Here: have a Shinsenkitty. (Click for full size.)

"I approve of your efforts. Mrow."
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #228
Akanjão
Boulder Badge

I got this thing for my DS, Advance Wars, and I'll be checking it if it's good or what. I have heard good things of it, but eh.
In other news, I'm replaying Super Mario RPG after years, but there's little progress since my last play. I wish I had more time for this...
Old 05-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #229
Chalis
Activating Rampage

Advance wars is very fun, but gets real difficult. Especially the first one. Watch out for advance campaign.

Replaying Golden Sun, love Venus Lighthouse music.

"Meteor Jam!"

Chalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:30 PM   #230
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Picked Up:

Mario Kart 8

I love this game. It's been five hours of straight playing, my hands hurt, and I'm trying to resist the urge to play. IT'S ADDICTING AND FUN AND WE ALL NEED TO PLAY!

Cost: $59.99

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #231
Heather
Naga's Voice

Beat: Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Thoughts: (spoilers within!)
Spoiler: show
HOLY PLOT TWIST BATMAN! Not only was Hilda behind it all! but Ravio was Lorule!Link!?!? Holy CRAP!
Anyway, also got all 100 Maiamais- that chirping. Starting a Hero mode run.

GET: OKAMI
CAN YOU SAY AWESOME? I saw this whilst getting my next get and I couldn't pass it up, just 18 bucks for one of the greatest games EVER? Heck yeah! While Power Slash is a bit clunky in my hands, the game itself is amazing. I just hate those evil fruit trees because I can never hit their fruit back at them. The game really makes you think. I just need a weapon other than the starter, as it doesn't always attack when I shake. When you're fighting like 5 demon baboons, that's kind of bad.

Get: Mario Kart 8
My main objective when I found Okami. This game is amazing. You can get auto and manual drift in one, and you can easily figure out the item and drift controls by yourself. While not being able to hold out one item and get another sucks, mushrooms in first? I'LL TAKE IT! Also, the hang glider is GLORIOUS. And the Rainbow Road in special cup is quite possibly the best track to EVER EXIST. This game not only meets the hype, it surpasses it. A must have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #232
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Kittys got some cute blues! Since cats got 9 lives I bet it woulda survived that clusterfuck of an era!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
GET: OKAMI
When you're fighting like 5 demon baboons, that's kind of bad.
You dunno bad until BLOCKHEADS appear! Great game an good pickup!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #233
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Get!
Atelier Escha & Logy
There was is an RPG Flash Sale going on at the moment on the PSN store and I saw this for only $25 (Well about $30 for me) and since I'm playing the first game in the Dusk series and enjoying it I figured that I should grab it.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #234
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Get: Mario Kart 8

SO PRETTY

SO FUN

SO AMAZING LEVEL DESIGN

SO LIGHTNING AND BLUE SHELLS STILL BULLSHIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #235
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
SO LIGHTNING AND BLUE SHELLS STILL BULLSHIT
This goes for any shell that isn't green.

Looking at you defective red shell warning system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:31 AM   #236
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
"Beat" and Review: Mario Kart 8

Alright, I've played with this game for awhile now, having beaten all of the cups and unlocked practically everything. So it's time to put my thoughts down on this game, so take a seat and stay awhile. First of all, this game is absolutely gorgeous. For the most part. The visuals are stunning, and the attention to small details is very nice and appreciated. I love the graphics, and the characters looks fresh and crisp. Well, unless you look at the toads and other characters on the sidelines. They look like something from the Nintendo 64. Seriously Nintendo?

The roaster is completely disappointing. It pales in comparison to Mario Kart Wii, and 7 had more creativity (Honey Queen, despite all the hate she got, is still better than Pink Gold Peach [LIKE SERIOUSLY PINK GOLD. COME ON] and Baby Rosalina [More about Rosie later]). Let's take out the metal clones, the babies introduced to the series from the Mario Kart Series, Mii, and the Koopalings. That's a total of... twelve wasted slots. Twelve slots out of the thirty that could have gone to more interesting and beloved characters. Don't get me wrong, the Koopalings are cool, but in a Mario Kart game variety is everything. The roaster is too small, and with a little under half of it un-creative, unneeded, or cloney, you're not going to be having a whole lot of options. Besides, I'm still pissed that we get these guys while characters like Bowser Jr., Birdo, Dry Bones, and so forth get shafted. (Even so I love Lemmy. Love him to death)

Now, onto the vehicles. After all, this is a kart racing game, right? Wrong. Much like Mario Kart Wii, karts are not king. Instead, this goes to thew newly introduced ATVs. While there are only three of them, you basically get the best of both worlds in this vehicle. Yes, even the Princesses in their fabulous racing suits. Now, don't get me wrong, the karts are still pretty good. The selection for the body types, wheel types, and gliders are all pretty great. Though, once you get racing you'll obviously see whose gotten nerfed the most. Bikes. Bikes were a bit too overpowered in MKWii, yes, but the nerf they got this game isn't that great. They're basically thinner karts, and don't give you any speed boosts compared to Karts and ATVs. Wheelies are gone, and most of the bikes now share the kart's drifting style. And for those who want the original bike's drift, you can have it... sorta. The new inward drifting style takes a lot of practice to get use to, and once you're there it's not nearly as good as last games. It sorta serves as a nerf to some great bikes, like the Yoshi Bike. Now, another nitpick for the vehicles. I liked it when each character got a specific color for a vehicle. I don't like it that the vehicles that change per character, that aren't the standard or pipe frame, are actually just a select few different ones. It's weird seeing Donkey Kong with the princess theme okay.

Items, oh boy items. Nintendo really changed the item system around. WHO WANTS A STAR IN THIRD. YES YOU HEARD ME, STARS IN THIRD. It seems the entire item distribution took a flop, with 8-12 getting the shitty items for the defensive play in 1-4, while 2-6 get all of the deadly tools the latter places get. Blue Shells are now apparently a lot less common, and in a sense, they aren't the main threat. The Red Shell is the new Blue Shell, and good luck getting back in first when you're hit by one. Also, you can only carry one item at a time, so you can't have triple bananas out with a banana in your reserves. Also, all triple items surround your kart. So have fun still being hit by a red or green shell with three full items. Also, fuck lightning. I'm sorry but I feel like Lightning was buffed a tiny bit too much. For the new items, the Piranha Plant is the best. Speed boosts are nice in this game, especially since it's coin centric. The Boomerang is too difficult to control, in my opinion, and the super horn is really only useful for dealing with Blue Shells. And that's only if you don't get LIGHTNING'D before the Blue Shell hits.

Now, the AI. The AI is very drastic in this game, making it from too easy or ripping your hair out in steaming rage. The Easy AI's main problem are the random lightning drops everywhere, but besides that they're pushovers. Normal AI give you a taste of both, and will give you a few small item combos. Hard mode, now hard mode are vile satanic demons that you'll be cussing at for hours. Red Shell Blue Shell Red Shell GREEN SHELL x5 LIGHTNING RED SHELL, and then suddenly your in tenth. That sums up the average race against the hard mode AI, and the amount of combos you're going to receive is just... horrendous. Have fun when you reach 150cc, have fun.

Now, this game is pretty generous. You unlock characters randomly with every new cup beaten, and if you get a perfect 60 you get insta 3 stars. Parts are unlocked at every 50 coins until you reach 1000, and then it's every 100. The new item system means that you'll be in first a lot, if you can get to first... Now, onto online and then some other things.

Online is... not as good as the past games. The new system is nice, I guess, to prevent course spam, but having the same 6 courses over and over again is basically the same as spamming courses. At least let us choose from the 32 Nintendo, instead of 3 and some that can be worse than the three. Online is generally smooth, but there's a lot of lag so you can suddenly be in 3rd from first or be in first the entire time and have the blue shell hit the person behind you.

Team Races and Battle mode are... shells of their former glory. Team Mode is basically "THIS IS LIKE REGULAR RACES, BUT SIX OF US ARE TOGETHER." The amount of friendly fire is insane... At least lightning doesn't effect everyone. Also, battle mode is just 8 tracks from the game. So half the time you're just searching for someone instead of actually you know.. battling. It's just disappointing...

Rant: Rosalina. First of all, she's taller than the other humans. Nintendo, this doesn't mean her head is as big as Bowser's. Why, just, I don't understand. I feel like her model is a little bit too large compared to her canonical size. Second, her voice. I feel like her voice has been getting worse every time we hear her, and this is the worst one so far. I'm sorry, but Rosalina is not a Peach clone. However, Nintendo seems to finally gotten crazy and accepted she is, and now she sounds like a valley girl version of Peach. I kid you not. Also, why does Baby Rosalina share the same hair color as her!? She had red hair as a kid. Baby Rosalina should have red hair! I'm just done, so please tell me when you guys fix her.

Overall, MK8 looks a lot better than it plays. It's fun, but the game feels rushed and creative. The zero-gravity portions feel slapped in at times, and the new courses aren't that great. I don't understand the fuss over the music, since nothing can best Maple Treeway's. Most of the newer courses are decent at best, besides Sweet Sweet Canyon, love it for some reason. The newest Rainbow Road is a disappointment, and can't really call itself Rainbow Road. Regardless, it's still a Mario Kart game. Mario Kart 8 is a fun game on the outside, but there are some problems within the game that don't make it truly as enjoyable as some of the previous installments.

7.5/10

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:55 AM   #237
deoxys
Fog Badge

Get: Watch_Dogs, Mario Kart 8, Titanfall

Watch_Dogs: Very much an ubisoft game. You can feel it in the mechanics and the gameplay.

I saw someone describe this game as though it were a cake. The baker showed the customer a picture of the cake and said it had all of these incredible and wonderful flavors that just melted in your mouth with each bite, so we, the customer, decided to order the cake. He baked it, and we bought it. It sort of resembled the pictures, but it wasn't as polished or as perfect as we were led to believe. Upon taking a bite, we realized that wow, this cake is really good! But it doesn't have all of these incredible, melt in your mouth flavors that we were promised.

Watch_Dogs is a good cake. It's just not as good as it could have been - as good as we were deceived into believing. Watch_Dogs 2 though, that'll be something to look forward to, I imagine. On the plus side, the multiplayer is hella fun. 1v1 hacking is pretty great, it's basically just intense hide and seek, and if they find you, you better floor it before they kill you. And if you're just trying to play the game and don't want to worry about multiplayer stuff, unless you're offline, sorry, but you can't avoid it. Being invaded is something that happens very frequently, even if you're just playing the story, so get used to dropping everything you're doing at a moment's notice and looking for someone who shouldn't be there.

Mario Kart 8: Kept my knowledge of this game to a minimum unintentionally, came out very surprised. This game is so incredibly polished and freaking beautiful. It's really balanced to boot - blue shells, while hitting everyone in their path now, are much less common to see, and they can be destroyed with the new Super Horn. The stages are awesome, the remakes especially (Tick Tock Clock is back!) have nice new twists to add to the anti-grav feature. Nintendo needed Mario Kart 8 a lot sooner, and it's going to take a lot more than this to salvage all of the losses they've endured with the Wii U, but I think this is where the healing begins. Take note, Nintendo: DO NOT release a new living room console without a killer app to go with it - and that means either Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy, or a new Zelda. There's literally nothing else in your current library that will sell a system as much or as fast as one of those three things. NSMB was not a killer app, and neither was Super Mario 3D Land Wii U.

I really hope Nintendo has this figured out by now. That doesn't mean release a system and then start developing for it, but do the developing at least two years prior to the console's projected launch. This isn't rocket science.

But yeah - Mario Kart 8 is probably worth getting a Wii U for. It's a lot of fun, the most fun I've had with Mario Kart in a long time (can't say it's the best yet, that will need some time, that honor still lies with Double Dash for me).

Titanfall - So this game was really hyped at least E3, and then it launched in March and everyone sort of just forgot about it. So let's get the pros and cons right off the bat -

Pros: Fun as hell - Titans are great and fairly balanced, if you're careful, you can take them down without a titan of your own so long as you know what you're doing. Dropping a titan on someone else's titan is ridiculously fun to boot. The parkour aspect adds a really fun dynamic to the FPS factor and gives you a lot of gameplay options and strategies. There's not much else to say here; the game is fun, simply put. However...

Cons: While all FPS games are repetitive, Titanfall, for some reason, becomes more repetitive more quickly than others. Can't quite put my finger on why that is, especially considering you'd think the free running and titan aspects of the game would make it not as repetitive. It's not just me, a lot of people feel this way. Also, there's no real campaign. Yahtzee put it best in that the campaign Titanfall gets is really nothing more than a radio drama most people probably aren't even paying attention to, because the entire basis of the campaign is that it's online, and your "objectives" are, most of the time, "kill everyone and win the match" or "go capture this point and hold it" - so it's basically just like multiplayer mode, but with some voice actors talking in the background about some war or something no one really cares about. For me, this is a huge negative. I played Call of Duty for the campaign, as ridiculous as that sounds - I wouldn't even touch the multiplayer (post-MW2). I planned doing multiplayer in Titanfall anyway, but I'm the type of person who sometimes would rather just invest myself in a story and go play it. They could have taken the story they had and easily made it a single-player thing and gotten rid of the whole "just fight 6 other people and kill them over and over" deal and made it like, I don't know, storming a base or something. But, you get my point.

Also, guns. The gun selection is kinda shit. You get a shotgun, your assault rifles, your two snipers, some SMGs, and a smart-pistol, and that's about it. Really lacking in that department, but hey, I guess Halo isn't much better?

So - I recommend all three games. Pretty much. It depends on if you're into what they offer, but yeah, they're all fairly solid.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #238
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Beat

Kid Icarus: Uprising
I have been putting this off for a while, but the Palutena trailer reminded me of it. Also my aching hand my first run made me not want to play. For the most part, this game is fun as hell. Though it can also be equally frustrating, since the DS is in a farily uncomfortable position the entire time, and you have to dodge...alot. I really like the weapon system. I mean...finding a good weapon is a bit grindy, but it gives a really nice variety of play styles. The laser staff is my favorite. The story is nice as well, if not a bit incomplete. The whole thing with the "invaders" didn't make any sense. I also really liked the constant dialogue. The dialogue was always fun and amusing. It's a shame I put off this game for so long.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #239
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Beat!
.hack//Outbreak
- 10 hours 01 minute 29 seconds
The difficulty ramps up starting here what with many baddies getting physical or magican defense! With my knowledge of the series I stocked up on helpful things to combat 'em right from the start but they don't always get the job done so encounters can still bring the pain! This is the shortest game of the bunch an I made it even shorter by skipping even more optional things then I did in the previous two. Didn't much feel like dealing with a ton 'o data bug filled dungeons! But I did totally get Terajima Ryoko up to par with the rest of my team cause she's the bestest!

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus
- 6 hours 37 minutes 47 seconds
Did rven quicker then PS Portable! Throw a level 90+ character against the lowest rank story missions an easily win the game! This games story mode is notable in that it has zero new levels/monsters/items/etc. that weren't in the first PSU! That's cause these were all originally found in the online portion of that game. There is a legit new cutscene at the very beginning and intro video but that's it! Still a huge improvement over the original however. It really sucks that PSU episode 3 is lost to the digital sea since it was an online-only deal -_-

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- 14 hours 30 minutes 44 seconds
Yeeaaahh this playthrough for me solidified 3 as being below MGS2 & MGS in goodness. Its still pretty good an leagues above Ground Demoes, but theres just a whole lot less I like here. The last couple hours are pretty unlikable outside two boss fights. Even found myself skipping Eva's neverending blabbering cutscenes at the very end. Plus the whole equipment equipping thing is annoying cause certain things will suddenly be equipped to you after cutscenes even if you don't want 'em!

Total Playtime: 361:56:21
Old 06-28-2014, 07:19 AM   #240
phoopes
Double Dragon

Beat:

Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Not your typical war game, that's for sure. For those unaware, it's a cartoony, 2D, puzzle game, and you rarely fire a shot throughout the whole game. Most of the puzzles throughout the game are relatively easy to solve, but there were a few that gave me trouble. These were mostly resolved by me realizing that I was just being stupid, but I did have to use the hint feature a few times. There are also a few neat driving sections where you have to avoid obstacles that come at you in synch with the background music. Oh and the music! So much beautiful piano I love it I love it I love it. The real meat of this game is story, though. Everything that happens and all the character diaries that you read are based off real events, which definitely made it even more of a tearjerker than normal for me. Lovable characters that you really end up caring about in a relatively short amount of time... I think I beat the game in 6-8 hours. $15 well spent.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #241
Selena
Aroma Lady

Let's see. I've picked up Tales of Symphonia, however the disk had a defect so I had to send it back and am waiting for a replacement now. In the meantime I got Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, and am deliberating wether to play that now or wait until I get a new disk for ToS.

I also got around to buy Guild wars 2, but I don't have my good laptop here and my desktop can't run it, so I need to wait for that too.

In other news I managed to beat Xenoblade. I have also completed most of the quests, Colony 6 and beat all the superbosses. It was a very nice game, although I'm kinda sad that New Game+ doesn't allow you to reset your level. I wanted to try to do a low level run without having to go out of my way to get the good gems and equipment.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:40 AM   #242
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Picked up/Beat:

Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Eeeeh... This is a well made game, but I just didn't have that much fun with it. There's just not that much challenge I guess. You're just cruising along through the game. Though Hypernova Kirby is awesome. Everything will be devoured!

Get:

Atelier Rorona Plus
I am a fucking fool. I need to quit buying these games. I think I'll stop the Atelier games with this. They just don't do enough new to really be worth my video game space or money. What the fuck happened to the VAs in the recording for this game? Rorona sounds awful in places. When she swings a weapon, she does this very deadpan "yaah...". I know her VA can do better than this. Actually it makes me not want to play. When I hear Rorona's voice actress not try, it kills my enthusiasm as well.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #243
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

There's another Flash Sale on PSN, and this time, it's actually worth a damn. I got a few things from it.

Get:

Double Dragon Neo
Not crazy about beat-em-ups, but why the hell not? It's only $1 and I need something to play!

Harvest Moon: Back To Nature
I've actually been considering playing a Harvest Moon game for a while. This came at the perfect time!

Wild Arms 1 & 2
I have heard good things about this, even though in my head, I always make fun of the title. I always imagined the game being about someone flailing his arms around like a retard and killing people with them

Legend of Dragoon
Another game I hear good things about. It's $1, so why the fuck not?!
Old 07-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #244
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

>$1, so why the fuck not?!

I once played a free game and still felt like I needed a refund....

Seriously, never bother with Fable 3.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #245
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

The cool kids pronounce it "faahblay".

Beat:

Double Dragon Neon
This was only about a 3 hour game, so I guess it was worth about $5 imo. It was a fun game though. While I would have preferred more speed, it was challenging enough, and had enough variety in fighting styles to keep me entertained. Also I love the god damn ending credits. This is one of the few games where I didn't start mashing the start button or go do something else to wait for the ending credits to end.

Played:

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Ugh...Seriously what the fuck is with the screwy directions? Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to play this when simply walking is a freaking chore. I gave it an hour to see if I could adjust, but it's still getting on my nerves. I'll just play a 3DS Harvest Moon or something if I want to play one.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:44 AM   #246
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Get:

Radiant Historia and Shadowrun Returns.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #247
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Soooo, since this week-end I celebrated my birthday (even though it's actually tomorrow; boo for weekdays!) and got some prezzies (both from my family and from myself XP) I haz new stuffs!

Get:

Wii U (Mario and Luigi Bundle)
It's about damn time I buy this! I was holding off because the games were crappy and I no longer work on Nintendo stuff at work (I wish I was though ;-;) so there was no reason I should get it to know the console better, but now that there's more interesting games coming our way and there's been that awesome special of a free game along with Mario Kart 8, I had to get it! \o/ I just feel sad that I couldn't get the Mario Kart 8 Bundle: It was more interesting for me (I don't have that much interest in New Super Mario Bros U) but by the time I wanted to get it, they were all gone ;-; Oh well! YAY FOR NEW CONSOLE THAT I CAN USE WHILE IN THE BATHROOM FOR NON-STOP TV CONSOLE GAMING!

New Super Mario Bros U (with Super Luigi U expansion)
Along the Wii U came this game. I really didn't want it as I'm not that keen about platformers, but I admittedly enjoyed the Wii version of it when playing with friends, so it's not a game that'll go completely to waste Of the little that I played so far, I find it easier than the Wii one (SO MANY LIVES) but it's still fun It's just slightly disappointing that you have to use the Wii controller to play, and that the GamePad is only used to assist (well in multiplayer anyway, I dunno about when you play single player.)

Mario Kart 8
The very reason why I bought the Wii U, so obviously I had to buy it along it :P It looked beautiful, it showed up just in time when I had a Mario Kart fix, and the deal of registering it to get a free game just made things amazing. Not to mention all those Luigi death stares memes. Anyhow, I freakin' love this game The new tracks are so much fun, the "remake" ones are fresh yet still gives that nostalgia feel, the music is so cool (dat sax in Dolphin Shoals)... sweetness all over ^^ (literally with Sweet Sweet Canyon XD) In terms of difficulty, I find it's not too difficult, although more than the previous Mario Kart games I played (while I used to get easily first place in 50cc and most of the time in 100cc, now I have more difficulty of nagging the first place in 50cc ^^;) Oh, and playing online with friends is teh awesomeness. I played quite a few matches with CB, and it was the coolest thing ever No lag, tight races... I only wish you could voice chat during the races though, not just in the lobby. Oh well, use of bandwidth for this? NO REGRETS.

Bravely Default
One of the two games I got for my birthday! I haven't played it yet *cue to UPN's BD fans to boo and/or crams the game in my face* but I'll get to it, I promise! ^^;

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
The other b-day game. This one I have played a bit! Ah, good old puzzles and awesome storylines, gotta love it! I didn't play it too much though (only got to Chapter 2, I think?) so I can't really tell much. it's still as fun as ever though! ^^ ...As much as I hate the fact they gave a trick question/puzzle almost right from the start, which made me feel stupid early on in the game -_- Really now? Couldn't you just... wait for trick questions for a bit later?

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #248
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Mario Kart 8 is not easy. At least 150cc and 150 Mirror.
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #249
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Beat!
Yakuza 4
- 82 hours 10 minutes
New game+? Totally! A nice chunk of money ta start out with an near-max level characters! But why over 80 hours?! Completion! 90.02% which is really really high! This being a 1 town game kinda stinks even with the additional areas they squeezed into it but what can ya do. Oh ya this game has a lotsa pretty glaring localization issues. Anyways its still fun ta beat people up and see wacky side stories and play various mini-games so its all good.

Total Playtime: 444:06:21
Old 07-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #250
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Convinced myself to use part of my first paycheck for this because gotta stay on the cutting edge, I heard that the gameplay is damned good even if the story isn't something I'll be telling to my kids for decades (OH HI PMD2), turn-based RPG innovations are relevant to my interests, I saw cute fanart, and faeries.

I am, of course, saying that I got Bravely Default. Expect me to be gone for the rest of the day!
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games