UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 06-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #51
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Changing Copycat to Mirror Force is an actual crime on the real Mirror Force. Psysplit is pretty cool though.

Literally the only stake I have lol
Old 06-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #52
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Now that some custom moves have changed up, it should maybe go without saying that they might no longer be quite as well-suited to some Pokémon as their previous iterations may have been. To give you an example, I taught Frosted Flake Fall to my Weedle, with the intention of eventually getting a Safety Goggles for her to hold. I also taught her Aurora Veil to use with Frosted Flake Fall. However, I get the feeling that the new effect of Frosted Flake Fall, aside from making me need to now teach her Hail either way, would no longer make it practical for her to ever use the move, Safety Goggles or otherwise.

My question here is, would it be possible for there to be some way to... maybe transfer custom moves from one Pokémon to another? Obviously this would exclude IQ/Bond-related custom moves, and if we're removing the Ice-type-only restriction from Ice Barrier (at least, I hope we do, and I see nothing about that restriction in the description anymore), that would open up further possibilities that we never knew would even exist back when first teaching the move. I'd imagine this system would be a one-time-only thing following the implementation of these moves, and once the changes get approved, you can't make anymore changes.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:20 PM   #53
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

None of the moves I posted are set in stone. I left them here for everyone to discuss if they disagree with my vision for them. Regarding Frosted Flake Fall, since we now have two people who view similarly about my new effect, maybe we should go back to the drawing board about what it should be? I'm open to ideas; I just felt that a damage-over-time move similar to Aurora Veil would be a neat idea.

I see Emi is against Mirror Force, but how does everyone else feel? Should we call it Mirror Force or Psysplit? Both sound good to me.

Lastly, I am in favor of adding the Blow-Back effect Raves came up with. Having a hazards shifter seems like an interesting idea that differentiates it from Whirlwind. What do y'all think?

Any other questions about the other moves or their Z-Effects? Or can I take silence as a consensus agreement?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #54
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
None of the moves I posted are set in stone. I left them here for everyone to discuss if they disagree with my vision for them.
This is the part where I facepalm, embarrassed at having forgotten that fairly major detail.

Quote:
Regarding Frosted Flake Fall, since we now have two people who view similarly about my new effect, maybe we should go back to the drawing board about what it should be? I'm open to ideas; I just felt that a damage-over-time move similar to Aurora Veil would be a neat idea.
It's an interesting idea, no question, but one that would quite heavily screw over any non-Ice-type users of the move. I personally had no problem with it being a stronger Hail, and would be quite content if it were to remain as such. My only real beef with the move from the start was the absolute mouthful that is its name.

Quote:
I see Emi is against Mirror Force, but how does everyone else feel? Should we call it Mirror Force or Psysplit? Both sound good to me.
As the one who suggested Psysplit to begin with, I'm probably gonna lean towards that one if I had to choose, though I do agree that Mirror Force is a cool name for it as well.

Quote:
Lastly, I am in favor of adding the Blow-Back effect Raves came up with. Having a hazards shifter seems like an interesting idea that differentiates it from Whirlwind. What do y'all think?
I'm all for it, personally.

Quote:
Any other questions about the other moves or their Z-Effects? Or can I take silence as a consensus agreement?
A few things.

1: Voodoo Bugaloo. I have no issue with the proposed changes whatsoever. Turning it into basically an offense-oriented Substitute is a cool idea that I'm all for. That said, however, with these changes, as I mentioned previously, Stun Spell is no longer a fitting name idea for it. It was my suggestion, yes, but it was my suggestion back when the move's effect was to temporarily immobilize the opponent. I suggested name ideas like Mirror Doll, Counter Sub, and Synchro Sub, but if anyone has anything that conveys the same idea and sounds cooler, I'd like to see.

2: Meant to say this earlier, but Brain Freeze seems to me like it should remain an attacking move. It does damage and has a chance at making the opponent not attack- it's not really very different from basically any flinch-inducing move, at least in my opinion, except one could make the argument that this can technically work around Inner Focus. I mean, even if the damage is delayed slightly, it wouldn't be the first move like that. Just look at Future Sight and Doom Desire.

Aside from all I've just said, I'm fine with all other changes, including the names of Cookie Crumble, Smart Shield, and Razor Snow for their respective moves.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #55
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
It's an interesting idea, no question, but one that would quite heavily screw over any non-Ice-type users of the move. I personally had no problem with it being a stronger Hail, and would be quite content if it were to remain as such. My only real beef with the move from the start was the absolute mouthful that is its name.
My personal opinion is that I do not want a Hail clone that simply makes Hail obsolete, so I would like to have something that differentiates it other than increased damage. Custom moves are unique for a reason, because we have the ability to create something truly unique from the mainstream games, so I would like for us to come up with something more original. Ice type pokemon seem to have a small niche centered around Hail effects that allows them to offset their horrible defensive typing, so personally I'd like something that enhances that. But if everyone else wants a move that benefits all types of pokemon, I'm open to traversing that path. I just want something better than a "stronger Hail".
Quote:
As the one who suggested Psysplit to begin with, I'm probably gonna lean towards that one if I had to choose, though I do agree that Mirror Force is a cool name for it as well.

Quote:
A few things.

1: Voodoo Bugaloo. I have no issue with the proposed changes whatsoever. Turning it into basically an offense-oriented Substitute is a cool idea that I'm all for. That said, however, with these changes, as I mentioned previously, Stun Spell is no longer a fitting name idea for it. It was my suggestion, yes, but it was my suggestion back when the move's effect was to temporarily immobilize the opponent. I suggested name ideas like Mirror Doll, Counter Sub, and Synchro Sub, but if anyone has anything that conveys the same idea and sounds cooler, I'd like to see.
So as far as names go, Copycat is the one that 1000% needs a name change, for the obvious reason that there is a canon attack from the main Pokemon games with the same name. The rest don't necessarily need to be changed, but if the community wants to, this is as good a time as ever to explore that. So I would like to hear from more members of the community how they feel about existing custom move names. Maybe we could even take it to a vote if we have to.
Quote:
2: Meant to say this earlier, but Brain Freeze seems to me like it should remain an attacking move. It does damage and has a chance at making the opponent not attack- it's not really very different from basically any flinch-inducing move, at least in my opinion, except one could make the argument that this can technically work around Inner Focus. I mean, even if the damage is delayed slightly, it wouldn't be the first move like that. Just look at Future Sight and Doom Desire.

Aside from all I've just said, I'm fine with all other changes, including the names of Cookie Crumble, Smart Shield, and Razor Snow for their respective moves.
So, you think Brain Freeze should be like a 50 BP (same as Confusion) special Ice type attack that is delayed like Future Sight and has a chance to flinch the opponent? I wouldn't be opposed to that

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 06-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #56
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
My personal opinion is that I do not want a Hail clone that simply makes Hail obsolete, so I would like to have something that differentiates it other than increased damage. Custom moves are unique for a reason, because we have the ability to create something truly unique from the mainstream games, so I would like for us to come up with something more original. Ice type pokemon seem to have a small niche centered around Hail effects that allows them to offset their horrible defensive typing, so personally I'd like something that enhances that. But if everyone else wants a move that benefits all types of pokemon, I'm open to traversing that path. I just want something better than a "stronger Hail".
That's perfectly fair. I was thinking today, and I think I got an idea that'll make the move unique and interesting while being a bit more friendly to non-Ice-type users- we make Frosted Flake Fall/Razor Snow into an attacking move. Pretty much like an Ice version of Razor Leaf, but when used during Hail, it additionally afflicts the target(s) with the frostbitten status. This way, we can still work with your idea, and while the user isn't completely in the clear (Hail still needs to be up in order for frostbite to happen, after all), it does make things at least a bit easier on non-Ice-type users.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #57
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
That's perfectly fair. I was thinking today, and I think I got an idea that'll make the move unique and interesting while being a bit more friendly to non-Ice-type users- we make Frosted Flake Fall/Razor Snow into an attacking move. Pretty much like an Ice version of Razor Leaf, but when used during Hail, it additionally afflicts the target(s) with the frostbitten status. This way, we can still work with your idea, and while the user isn't completely in the clear (Hail still needs to be up in order for frostbite to happen, after all), it does make things at least a bit easier on non-Ice-type users.
That's not a bad idea. So how about a 55 BP physical ice attack (same as Razor Leaf), minus the crit chance, but instead when used during Hail effects it doubles in power (110 BP) and has a 10% chance to cause Frostbite (same as poison but is cured the same as a Freeze)? How does that sound to everyone? And how does everyone other than MM (because I know how he feels :P) about naming it Razor Snow vs Frosted Flake Fall?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 06-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #58
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
That's not a bad idea. So how about a 55 BP physical ice attack (same as Razor Leaf), minus the crit chance, but instead when used during Hail effects it doubles in power (110 BP) and has a 10% chance to cause Frostbite (same as poison but is cured the same as a Freeze)? How does that sound to everyone?
I like it.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #59
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Custom Moves:
Never-ending Birthday Candle
Blow-back (Flying, Status)
Effect: The Pokemon inhales and blows forth a powerful wind, strong enough to knock some lighter Pokemon off of their feet or even make projectiles fly back at the opponent. Entry hazards on the user’s side of the battlefield are moved to the opponent’s side. Energy used by this move is equivalent to that of a Bubble Beam.
Z-Effect: Special Defense +1 Stage
Blueberry Slushie
Brain Freeze (Ice, Special 50 BP)
Effect: The user breathes a cloud of condensed freezing air toward the opponent, which when inhaled causes swelling and discomfort to the bloodstream and nerves around the target’s nasal passage. The target then suffers a delayed headache on the next turn relative in damage to a Confusion. Throughout the duration of the headache, there is a slight chance (around 10%) of the target forgetting their last ordered move.
Z-Move: Subzero Slammer (100 BP)
Gingerbread Man
Can't Catch Me (Normal, Status)
Effect: The user temporarily shrinks in size and sharply raises evasion. Their presence however can be easily detected by a sweet, Gingerbread-smelling aroma. Throughout the duration of the move, the user’s ability changes to Run Away and biting moves used against the user are doubled in damage. Energy used by this move is equivalent to that of a Minimize.
Z-Effect: Evasion & Speed +1 Stage
Box of Chocolates
Chocolate Bomb (Normal, Physical 100 BP)
Effect: The user produces a Chocolate heart in front of them which they then proceed to throw the opponent. Upon contact, the heart explodes dealing damage equal to an Egg Bomb. When the heart shatters, 3-5 pieces of Chocolate appear and can be eaten by anyone including the opponent. When eaten, the chocolate heals a small amount of HP equal to that of an Oran Berry.
Z-Move: Breakneck Blitz (180 BP)
Magical Chocolate Coated Carrot
Chocolate Magic (Normal, Special 65 BP)
Effect: The user fires off a molten chocolate blast that coats the target in a sticky, gooey (albeit tasty) mess. After the chocolate makes contact, it begins to congeal and harden, reducing the target’s mobility and halving their speed and evasion. The effect is temporary and lasts until it is washed away or dried out.
Z-Move: Breakneck Blitz (120 BP)
Very Hot Cross Bun
Crossfire (Fire, Physical 100 BP)
Effect: Similar to the move Cross Chop, the user powerfully chops their foe with crossed arms engulfed in flames. However, there is an added bonus of a small chance (about 10%) of burning the opponent. If the user is not a fire type, it also takes a small amount of damage (equivalent to Flame Burst’s splash damage) from the move and also has a small chance (about 10%) of being burned.
Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive (180 BP)
Magical Black Glass Rose
Fatal Attraction (Dark, Status)
Effect: The user emits a potent pheromone which causes opponents of the opposite gender to become infatuated with the user. The opponent is thrust into a berserk state where they become fixated on the user (as in Follow Me status) and damage against the user is slightly increased. The infatuation takes a large mental toll on the target, causing them to occasionally lose focus from attacking the user (about 50% chance) as well suffering psychological anguish that builds over time equivalent to that of a Toxic. If the infatuation is broken, the target’s mental state returns to normal.
Z-Effect: Resets lowered stat modifications
Merciless Pepper of Quetzlzacatenango
Fire Shield (Fire, Status)
Effect: The user creates a barrier of flame that protects it from one attack. Once hit, the shield will disappear. If an opponent makes physical contact with the Fire Shield, it will become burned. Using the shield in succession halves its effectivity with each use.
Z-Effect: Defense +1 Stage
Cranberry Vodka
Firestream (Fire, Special 25 BP)
Effect: The user belches forth a stream of bubbles of molten lava. The bubbles hit the opponent 2 to 5 times, dealing damage similar to Rock Blast. Each hit has a small chance (about 10%) of burning the target. This attack is affected by the ability Skill Link. Each hit consumes about as much energy as an Ember.
Z-Move: Inferno Overdrive (140 BP)
Magical Snowflake
Ice Barrier (Ice, Status)
Effect: The user creates a barrier of ice that protects it from one attack. Once hit, the shield will disappear. If an opponent makes physical contact with the Ice Barrier, it will have a small chance (about 20%) to become frozen. Using the shield in succession halves its effectivity with each use.
Magical Espeon Plushie
Psysplit (Psychic, Status)
Effect: The user sacrifices half of its maximum health to manifest two illusionary copies of itself. These copies mirror the original’s movements perfectly, attacking and moving in unison with the user. The user’s damage remains the same while each clone deals half the damage of the user’s attack. The clones are unaffected by stat buffs and are unable to perform Status moves. The clones will remain until hit by an attack or the user’s concentration is broken, and will dissipate independently of each other.
Z-Effect: Restores HP before use
Snow Globe
Razor Snow (Ice, Physical 55 BP)
Effect: The user fires off a flurry of razor-sharp snowflakes at the opponent. If used during a Hailstorm, Razor Snow’s power becomes doubled (110 BP) and the target becomes frostbitten. Pokemon ailing from Frostbite take damage over time equivalent to Poison. Frostbite can be cured the same as Freeze, and Ice type Pokemon are immune to its effects.
Z-Move: Subzero Slammer (100 BP)
Magic Red Glass Rose
Thorns (Grass, Status)
Effect: The user embeds the opponent with a flurry of stinging thorns. Once embedded, the opponent will be under the condition Thorns and will receive damage over time (about 1/16th of their health per turn) while effected until cured or fainted. Status can be cured by using Rapid Spin. Grass type Pokemon are immune to the effect.
Golden Fiddle
Unfinished Symphony (Ghost, Status)
Effect: The user sings a haunting melody that causes a cloud of ghostly energy to swirl around their opponent’s head. When heard by any Pokémon other than the user, they fall into a confused state. Throughout the duration of this effect, the opponent takes damage equal to that of Nightmare unless hit by a physical attack which will knock them out of their confusion.
Z-Effect: Special Attack +1 Stage
Pika Doll
Voodoo Bugaloo (Psychic, Status)
Effect: The user expends a portion of their health (equivalent to a Substitute) to create a doll that is psychically linked to the target. Any damage the doll receives or status changes that are applied to the doll are applied to the target as well. The doll lasts until it breaks and features the same durability and energy consumption as a Substitute doll.
Z-Effect: Resets lowered stat modifications

Bond Moves:
Gummi Bomb (Various, Physical 60 BP)
Effect: The user creates a physical bomblet of their latent inner energy and throws it at the foe, doing moderate damage. The move's type is dependent on the user's own hidden power. The move consumes the same amount of energy as Hidden Power.
Z-Move: Breakneck Blitz (120 BP)
Guardian Terrain (Normal, Status)
Effect: The user draws upon their bond with their trainer to create a glyph on the surface, which expands and surrounds the battlefield in the Guardian Terrain field effect. Guardian Terrain affects all Pokemon and gives them immunity to damage from moves of their own type (Ghost and Dragon Pokemon receive half damage from those respective types). Guardian Terrain also prevents the Pokemon within from being afflicted by burns or freezing, and will last 5 turns. Guardian Terrain is affected by the Terrain Extender, and will override any terrain effect currently up.
Z-Effect: Defense & Special Defense +1 Stage
Defensive Shield (Various, Status)
Effect: The user summons small defensive platelets that hover around their body and passively protects them from roughly 25% of incoming damage. The platelets can cluster together to block big attacks or disperse to cover widespread attacks. The shield takes on the elemental properties of one of the user’s types at the user’s selection (ie. Venusaur can create a Grass or a Poison shield) and weakness/resistance are calculated into the shield’s effectivity. The shield lasts for three hits until it disperses.
Z-Effect: Restores HP before use

I will take everyone’s silence as a consensus that no more changes need to be made. If you have any last opinions please make them known now!

• Blow-Back has been updated to match the discussion above and is now a Flying type attack.
• Brain Freeze has been updated to match the discussion above.
• Copycat has been renamed as Psysplit.
• Frosted Flake Fall has been updated to match the discussion above and has been renamed as Razor Snow.

I’m not crazy about the name Can’t Catch Me, but am willing to keep it as-is if no one else wants to offer any suggestions for a change. Unless anyone wants to bring up any more discussion on any of the moves listed in this post, I think it’s safe to put an official stamp on it and update the main list.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:15 PM   #60
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
I’m not crazy about the name Can’t Catch Me, but am willing to keep it as-is if no one else wants to offer any suggestions for a change.
I did suggest Cookie Crumble as a possible new name for it, or was it ruled out? I'm OK if it was, for the record- that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Just wanted to make sure it didn't get overlooked if you're looking for alternatives.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #61
Emi

Catch Me Not?

Flows a lot better imo
Old 09-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #62
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

While going through various records of custom moves and items, I was reminded that we never got back to correcting the attack description of the Pumpkasaur signature CM, Pumpkin Bomb. With your help, I’d like to rework it so that it’s not completely useless in a competitive setting while still remaining true to its originally intended roleplay mechanics.

Previous description:
Pumpkin Bomb (Grass, ??? 55 BP)
Effect: The user launches a Pumpkin seed into the air, upon falling the seed plants itself onto a random part of the arena, upon the end of the 3rd round of battle a large pumpkin finishes growing. This is now free for anyone to pick up, once plucked from the ground the pumpkin begins flashing, after 10 flashes the pumpkin explodes, dealing damage equal to a Razor leaf.
My suggestion:
Pumpkin Bomb (Grass, Physical 100 BP)
Effect: The user launches a Pumpkin seed into the air, upon falling the seed plants itself onto the opponent’s side of the arena, upon the end of the second round of battle a large pumpkin finishes growing. The pumpkin immediately begins flashing, and after the third round the pumpkin explodes, dealing spread damage that hits all opponents and Burns them.
Z-Move: Bloom Doom (180 BP)
My rationale: Turns what was essentially a Razor Leaf that takes 3-4 rounds to charge up (and can backfire) into a 3-turn Grass type physical Future Sight. The throwing element of attack seems a bit pointless, as an attack that takes so many turns to pay off should not be able to backfire so easily. I made the power weaker than a Future Sight but stronger than a Seed Bomb in exchange for adding a Burn element; something that most Grass Pokemon are unable to accomplish and would add a bit more uniqueness as well as fitting the theme of Jack-o-Lanterns having a flame inside of them. It was previously not stated if the attack was physical or special, so I went physical, and added a Z-Move effect as well.

If there are any other existing custom moves that have somehow been left out of discussion, please bring them up here!
Old 09-25-2020, 05:20 PM   #63
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I like this new proposed effect for Pumpkin Bomb, especially allowing it to burn the opponent as well- that's a very nice touch.. I personally figured the throwing element could have its uses in RP, but that does make it entirely too easy to backfire, I'd agree. The only change I'd consider suggesting would be for more of an RP setting- make it so that while the pumpkin is flashing, it could be picked up and thrown, but only by the user- anyone else attempts it, it explodes immediately instead.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:29 PM   #64
Emi

Yo that is a bomb ass revision, literally.

There were a couple of moves that I think might need to be looked at, like the uh Can't Catch Me. Can't Catch Me currently is just a bad version of Minimize.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:46 PM   #65
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

For the throwing effect originally on Pumpkin Bomb... I feel like it was kinda weird to include that on a move signature to Pumpkasaur only, considering it's not particularly dexterous at throwing anything. Maybe it could pick it up with its vines, but that doesn't seem like an efficient way to grab a pumpkin. Maybe someone else can justify it better for me to understand lol.

Can't Catch Me... I'm honestly drawing a blank on how to make it better... When I originally revamped those CMs a couple years ago I tried my best to make due with what the old mods originally came up with, but some of those original CMs were just... weird haha.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-25-2020, 06:09 PM   #66
Connor
Flashbacker

If someone provides me with a list of the moves and original effects I can give them a gander and recommend some changes that fall in line with the original spirit of the move.

If there is one thing that ASB has taught me well it's coming up with interesting but usable effects for custom moves.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:10 PM   #67
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

There's a link to the original effects in this thread's original post, Connor

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-25-2020, 06:32 PM   #68
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

#bringbackliteralcookieCan'tCatchMe
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:00 PM   #69
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
#bringbackliteralcookieCan'tCatchMe

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:20 PM   #70
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
For Can't Catch Me, maybe have it as extreme physical evasion? So you dodge physical stuff with ease, but special will negate the protection. Could also include a speed boost and be tied to movement as RP allows.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:39 PM   #71
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Hm, lemme have a brain scratcher here.

For a start, Can't Catch Me's a dumb name, up there with Frosted Flake Fall. Let's propose a fitting revamp.

Old effect:

Can't Catch Me (Normal, Status)

Effect: The user temporarily shrinks in size and sharply raises evasion. Their presence however can be easily detected by a sweet, Gingerbread-smelling aroma. Throughout the duration of the move, the user’s ability changes to Run Away and biting moves used against the user are doubled in damage. Energy used by this move is equivalent to that of a Minimize.
Z-Effect: Evasion & Speed +1 Stage

Proposal:

Ginger Snap (Fire, Status)

Effect: The user cuts their HP by 1/3rd and creates up to 4 small gingerbread copies of themselves, which run around erratically around the user and their allies. At the end of the round after this move is used, affected pokemon will consume the copies, restoring 1/4th of their health.This move can't be used consecutively, and will fail if the user doesn't have enough HP.

Z-Effect: +1 Defence.

What is this? Rather than turning CCM into a kinda rubbishy Minimize clone, I figured that the move could lean on a couple of other moves. To fit in with the gingerbread theme, I took a few leaves out of the books of Clangorous Soul and Life Dew, with a sprinkle of Wish. By having the user damage themselves, it creates a sort of risk, but for the sacrifice of a third of the user's HP pool, there's potential to heal a total of quarter over itself and allies, for a total loss of 8.3% to heal its allies. This makes it an alternative to Life Dew, while keeping with the theme of gingerbread.

While we're on the subject of food moves, I wanna make a proposition on Chocolate Bomb and it being a bit funky with the chocolate pieces. Proposed tweak here.

Old:

Chocolate Bomb (Normal, Physical 100 BP)

Effect: The user produces a Chocolate heart in front of them which they then proceed to throw the opponent. Upon contact, the heart explodes dealing damage equal to an Egg Bomb. When the heart shatters, 3-5 pieces of Chocolate appear and can be eaten by anyone including the opponent. When eaten, the chocolate heals a small amount of HP equal to that of an Oran Berry.
Z-Move: Breakneck Blitz (180 BP)

Proposal:

Chocolate Bomb (Normal, Physical 80 BP)

Effect: The user produces a Chocolate heart in front of them which they then proceed to throw the opponent. Upon contact, the heart explodes on the opponent, and scatters chocolate fragments over the user's side of the field, healing all pokemon on their side by 1/16th of their maximum HP.
Z-Move: Breakneck Blitz (160 BP)

A drop in power taken, but now it acts like Flame Burst only instead of hurting the opposing team for a little bit, it heals the allied team for an instant Leftovers proc.

Unruly Premonition.

Last edited by Raves; 09-25-2020 at 07:44 PM.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:49 PM   #72
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I like these ideas. Ginger Snap is a 10/10 name, too.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:08 PM   #73
Emp
Volcano Badge

The name comes from the gingerbread man's catchphrase: "run run as fast as you can you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man!"

Ginger snap is a cool name though and befitting of a change away from an evasion move. Minor side note but I also feel like the gingerbread and chocolate moves should be retyped to Fairy, given most of the dessert based Pokemon we've had have been Fairy.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:02 PM   #74
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Hmm, while I don't mind the notion of completely changing the move's effect altogether, I'm not sure we should just turn them into a bunch of variations/clones of Life Dew.

The name Ginger Snap is pretty clever though and I support Emp's idea to change them to fairy type.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 09-26-2020, 05:28 AM   #75
Connor
Flashbacker

Support both being retyped to Fairy.

For Ginger Snap you could have the user shrink down akin the Minimize, getting the related evasion boost, but also make it so they exude an overpoweringly sweet gingerbread smell that lowers the accuracy of the opponent by a single stage too. You make it fairly useful in battle/Raids, while also maintaining the RP use of the original (being able to have your Pokemon navigate much smaller openings).

For Chocolate Bomb I think the spirit of the rewrite is fine, it just might need re-balancing slightly for Raid use in particular. Dropping the BP slightly achieves this (maybe to 65/70), or you could have the heal working after a set number of uses/only affect a certain number of participants in raids. Even if you go with the set number of heals, an 80 BP Fairy move is still useful in it's own right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development