UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Eevee The Friend Safari - A Gen VI Event

“HELLO FIZZY BUBBLES!” the cry of eight trainers rings out over the audience of assembled trainers. For a months rumors have persisted of a special event where strange new pokemon from a far away land were about to be unleashed into the land of Fizzy Bubbles. Some of these new pokemon have even been seen or heard of in other areas of Fizzy Bubbles. How they got there nobody knows, but it seems like the world is getting larger and at the same time getting smaller in the way that pokemon from other regions have found their way into this part of the pokemon world. For weeks now posters and television commercials have been announcing the arrival of something special. Perhaps it was curiosity that brought you here. Perhaps anticipation of something new and unique. Everyone has their reasons and now the the stage is literally set.

A large metallic tower fills the background of the stage while lights shine down upon the eight trainers standing upon it. Fireworks blast off from different areas as if to signal the big event. Smiles fill the faces of the eight trainers who seem to be reveling in the limelight and applause until one of them steps forward. A girl in her late teens with shoulder length blond hair.

“My name is Angelique,” the girl says with a heavy accent, “and we have traveled all the way from the Kalos region to come to you and bring joy and friendship to the land of Fizzy Bubbles!”

“We know you may have heard rumors of new pokemon in your region,” a boy with dark skin, a red hat, and a slightly lesser accent says as he steps up next to Angelique, “Well those pokemon are nothing new to myself, Byron, and the many people of Kalos!”

“Professor Sycamore has sent us out on a goodwill tour of the Pokemon World to introduce you all personally to the wonderful pokemon found in our land,” a female with brown hair steps forward and continues the conversation, “And I, Chantelle, am happy to see so many of you here!”

“I am Jean and like my friends here we hope that each and everyone of you becomes one of our friends,” a dark haired trainer says as he steps up near the others.

“Because that is what life is all about! Making friends and having adventures with your loving pokemon who I'm sure are all your friends as well,” a long haired red head with a thick accent says as she steps forward, “You may call me Manon and I hope we end up knowing each other for a very long time, n'est–ce pas?”

“As this is such a big deal, we have all gathered a number of pokemon native to our homeland and brought them with us to share with you all,” a long haired, brown haired boy steps up to speak, “And I, Remy, have no doubt you will all be happy to join with us in accepting these gifts.”

“But we aren't just giving them away. Non!” a raven haired girl says, “My name is Yvette and I am here to tell you that you will need to join us in a game from our homeland in order to get one of these pokemon. You will have to play the Friend Safari!”

“We will give you all a special pokeball and once you have it you may journey into one of the zones my friends and I have set up behind us,” the final boy says as he adjusts his stocking cap, “I am Wyatt and I am one of the Friends of whose zone you may enter to search for a pokemon. Each of us have different pokemon, so it will be up to you all to decide which one of us you wish to be friends with the most. Once you have figured that out, we will let you into our zone.”

“We have posted a set of rules outside the door to the chalet you must enter in order to get to the different zones. Once you have read them, come on in and talk to one of us,” Angelique says with a broad smile.

“We will send you on your way across this new bridge of Friendship,” Byron adds enthusiastically.

“So when you are ready...!” Chantelle preps as the others all join in as one, “COME ON IN!”

~~~~~~

Rules:

Each trainer will have a choice to enter one of the eight zones of the Friends. You may only enter one zone, so choose wisely.

Each zone is laid out relatively the same. There is an area of tall grass that covers most of the field while a small pond can be found surrounded by a rocky shore on one side and a sandy shore on another.

Upon entering a Friend Safari Zone a trainer will receive one Safari Ball. This Safari Ball can only be used in the Friend Safari Zone. No other pokeballs can be used in the Safari Zones. Unused Safari Balls must be returned to the Friend upon leaving the zone.

Each zone contains four pokemon native to the Kalos Region. These pokemon will only appear to a trainer once, so if you come across one that you like, you might want to capture it because it will not appear to you again.

Pokemon in the zones are not all of the same type like they are in the games. The pokemon have all been RNG'd to go with a particular Friend. These pokemon are the only ones in a particular Friend's Zone. So if you go into one zone and come across a Scatterbug and someone else enters that same zone and finds an Espurr, then you can conclude that those two pokemon are two of the four within the zone you are in. This is an example. Scatterbug and Espurr may or may not be in the same zone.

If you capture a pokemon, your time will be up and you must leave the zone. The pokemon you capture will be yours to keep. You may capture a pokemon by any means you feel appropriate. However, if you just toss your Safari Ball at a pokemon without doing anything even as simple as throwing a rock at it, the pokemon will most likely reject the Safari Ball. Basically, try to put a little effort into capturing the pokemon. It will be more rewarding for you in the end. You can battle it, you can befriend it, you can do whatever your imagination (within reason) would like to do in order to capture a pokemon. A captured pokemon is often one of the most memorable you will have on your team, so don't waste an opportunity for roleplay with it before it is even a member of your team.

If you do not capture any of the four pokemon in the zone, your time will be up and you must leave the zone. You will not be able to keep the Safari Ball or enter another Friend Zone.

Some roleplay is expected. The updates will be fairly short and quick due to the large number of people we anticipate being involved in this. Trainers should strive toward writing the minimum for responses. It is not necessary, but it is appreciated. You don't need to write a wall of text either if you do not feel like it. Find a balance of a short paragraph or two and you will find yourself enjoying the experience all the more. The more effort, the more rewarding on a writing level it will be. If we receive a response along the lines of, “My trainer walks into the grass.” You will receive an update of “You walk into the grass and see that it is green.” Don't be lazy. This is your story. We are here to help guide you through it.

Response times are going to be expected. Arc and I both have some RL things coming up in July, so we would like to try to finish this event within about three weeks. If it goes a little longer that is okay, but we will not keep it running for months. We will do our best to keep things moving along at a good pace and we expect all of you to do the same. We will keep you all informed as to when we are looking at closing the event as we get into it and get a feel for how long it will take. It then falls on you all to make sure that you try to keep up if you want a pokemon from the event. Coming from someone who missed out on getting a pokemon in the Dream World Event because I got busy at the last moment and didn't take the five minutes I needed to write up a quick response, I can tell you that missing out is something regretful. Once this event closes, it will be done. There will be no going back to try to catch the pokemon you almost had.

You will have five days from the time of this post to make an entry post. After that we will no longer be taking trainers on. If you cannot make a post in that time due to RL reasons, send me a PM and we can try to work something out. Placeholder posts will not be accepted. As in quoting what you need to quote and then writing that you will post the roleplay later.

Finally and most importantly, Have Fun!

~~~~~~

Bonjour! I am Angelique and I am so happy to have you choose me to be your friend. Maybe when you are done we can go shopping together! That would be magnifique! We have some of the best shopping in the world in Kalos, but I bet you have some wonderful stores here as well! Here is your Safari Ball. I hope you find that special pokemon you are searching for within my garden. Please respond in Pink from this point on because that is my favorite color! Tee hee!

Hello mon ami! You have chosen well to choose me, Byron, as your new Friend. I look forward to hearing all about your adventures and even sharing a few of my own with you. For now, please visit my zone and try to capture one of the special pokemon I have placed in it. Here is your Safari Ball and please respond in Sienna from this point on since that is such a down to earth kind of color.

Hi there! I am Chantelle and I am enchanted by your choice of me as your new best friend. Oh jeez! Am I blushing? I do that when I get a little over excited. Well that's okay. Here is your Safari Ball. I hope you find the perfect pokemon in my area. Oh and don't forget to respond in LemonChiffon from this point on because it just looks so classy. Like me!

My name is Jean and it looks like you picked the right guy to become friends with. I know you won't regret it. In fact, I'm sure you'll find the exact pokemon that suits you in my zone because that is just how awesome our friendship is going to be. Here's your Safari Ball. Now go get 'em! Oh and you should respond in Silver from this point forward since it's shiny. Just like us!

Bonjour mon ami. Je suis suis très heureux d'avoir été choisi comme ami. Oh! Pardon! I mean, I am very happy you have chosen me to be your friend. Je suis Manon. I mean, I am Manon and I cannot wait to see you find the perfect companion in my jardin. Here is your Safari Ball. And from now on please respond in Rouge, I mean Red so that everyone will know that we are friends. Au revoir!

Bonjour my friend. I am très bien that you have chosen me, Remy, to be your friend. You are going to love the pokemon I have in my zone for you. When you are done, we should go skating so I can show you some of the wicked moves I have. Or maybe we could even have a battle or something. That would be cool. Anyway, here is your Safari Ball. From now on please respond in Green cause everyone knows, green means go!

Well hello! I am Yvette and I can't say enough about how happy I am that you have chosen me to be your friend. We so have to keep in touch with the Holo Caster from now on! I want to know everything that is happening with you. I'll keep you updated with what's happening with me too. Deal? Great! Alright then, here's your Safari Ball. I hope you find what you are looking for and from this point on please respond in Purple. Let me know how it goes!

Hey! I'm Wyatt and well, I can't wait to get to know you better as a friend. We could even go to the juice shop and get a drink together or something sometime. You know... if you want to that is. Yeah so I suppose I should give you this Safari Ball so that you can find a really cool pokemon in my zone. Oh yeah and from this point forward please respond in Blue so that we can have the same color from here on out. Thanks!

Please quote the Friend whose zone you wish to enter using their preferred color and make your first post to begin!
Old 06-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
Hi there! I am Chantelle and I am enchanted by your choice of me as your new best friend. Oh jeez! Am I blushing? I do that when I get a little over excited. Well that's okay. Here is your Safari Ball. I hope you find the perfect pokemon in my area. Oh and don't forget to respond in LemonChiffon from this point on because it just looks so classy. Like me!
Liza ran as fast as her athletically legs could take her. Her long brown dark hair tied up in a fishtail braid catching the breezes of the wind while her blue eyes focused on what was in front of her...

The news spread like wildfire, of new never before seen Pokémon making an appearance in a remote isle of Fizzy Bubbles. Every trainer around would be itching to go and catch one for themselves! And Liza was no exception.

She had dropped literally everything so she could be one of the first ones on the scene. Sporting an explorer attire made of some short bash khaki shorts, with a matching shirt, some boots made for combat and a dark brown leather jacket tied around her small waist. Liza was ready to face whatever came her way.

The beginning trainer with her Pokémon partner Charmander had set out to find some new friends. Though this being the first time in the longest for her dear starter Pokémon Samantha to step out of the old, dusty Daycare her attitude was less then forgiving as her trainer apologized again and again for her negligence…

“I’m sorry okay…” the trainer said in a soft tone “I didn’t mean to leave you there so long, but- life kinda took control..”

*Hmph!* the fire lizard turned to the side not wanting to look at her trainer, with arms crossed in defiance.

“Well what else was I supposed to do!” the trainer stopped in her tracks, kicking up a bit of dirt “I was forced to go to med school…and leave you behind all that time. I couldn’t dream of giving you up…we had been together for so long, little more than a decade…” she was shaking now, with little sobs coming once in a while, making the young women eat her words. “If it wasn’t for my family…we would have been traveling all this time…who knows what we would have accomplished…all I wanted was a life of adventure and romance…you’re my best friend, can’t you understand that.” She sunk to the ground.

The Charmander just stared at her trainer before loosening her arms and sighed.

Deep down inside Sam knew it wasn’t her fault, eventually Liza did give up her families dream of becoming a nurse and choose her own path. Sam smiled at the thought that she’d probably be a Charizard if her trainer had continued with school.

The little red lizard couldn’t blame her trainer forever, at least they were together now, plus she was stronger for it.

Charmander walked over to her trainer who had been quietly sobbing and trying her best to stop the tears from running down her face. Sam placed her hand on her trainer’s knee which caught Liza’s attention.

*sniff* “You’re not mad anymore?” *sniff*

Sam shook her head in a no.

“So…you forgive me?” *sniff*

“Char!”

“Good!” the trainer said whipping away her tears “Then how about you and me have ourselves grand adventure?!”

“Charmander! Char!”

~*~*~

Making her way through the crowd, Liza just arrived on time when the fireworks fired off and the 8 trainers guiding trainers introduced themselves.

It wasn't difficult for the young trainer to decide who she wanted to be her guide, “Hello Chantelle its nice to meet you, my name is Liza and this” presenting her Charmander, “Is Samantha! I do love your accent so, I hope we can be fast friends!” she said receiving the Safari ball presented to her. “Lets go make some memories!”

[Member's Post]
Old 06-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Pest
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Hey! I'm Wyatt and well, I can't wait to get to know you better as a friend. We could even go to the juice shop and get a drink together or something sometime. You know... if you want to that is. Yeah so I suppose I should give you this Safari Ball so that you can find a really cool pokemon in my zone. Oh yeah and from this point forward please respond in Blue so that we can have the same color from here on out. Thanks!

The day was quite young as Pest arrived at the stage. There were already a few trainers here, waiting for the event to begin, but she couldn’t pluck up the courage to talk to them. They’d probably ask awkward questions, such as what she liked to do, and she couldn’t see that ending well. But it wasn’t as if she were alone.

“Exciting, isn’t it, Invidia?” she asked her friend, patting the Pokemon on the head. “It’s the beginning of a new age, in a way.” She paused. "That was a really awkward thing to say, wasn't it."

The Croagunk’s cheeks bulged as she croaked in response. Her eyes flitted from one figure to the next.

Pest frowned a little. She wasn't an expert on Pokemon and facial expressions, but even she could tell that Invidia was somewhat disgruntled. “Hey,” she said, and her tone of voice made the poison frog look up. “You don’t have to worry, okay? You’re not being replaced. We’ve picked up quite a few Pokemon for the team since you were adopted, and I haven’t forgotten you yet, have I?”

Invidia shook her head grudgingly. She knew her trainer was good to her, even if the human was a bit of a ditz. Trust was in order, although that didn’t mean she had to let down her guard entirely. It was very easy for things to change.

Before long, a considerable number of trainers had assembled in front of the stage, forming a respectable audience. A shout of greeting and a blast of fireworks drew their attention, and everyone watched attentively as the Kalos trainers stepped forward into the light.

The trainers began by remarking on the weight of this change, and Pest found herself nodding a little as she listened. There had been a few very strange creatures she had seen in the recent media; she hadn’t even imagined they could exist before setting off on her journey, but despite Kalos’ distance, they were coming here. She wondered what they would actually be like, and of course there was the thought of what other unfamiliar Pokemon there might be. Truly this was a momentous occasion.

She had just started to become really excited when one of the girls on stage mentioned coming up and talking to them, and she flinched ever so slightly. Make friends with one of them, in such a short time? Was that even possible? Normally she would have considered backing out, but she knew that everyone behind her would see her leave. Besides, it would be worth it to come across an entirely new Pokemon. She would just have to accept that the fate of this little quest really did depend on making friends.

Once the introductions had concluded, she made her way to the door that led to the zones. The rules were fairly simple, though she noted with a little anxiety that they didn’t mention whether Pokemon could be brought in. She glanced down at Invidia, but he seemed too preoccupied with the sights and sounds around her to notice the trainer’s concern.

She turned back to the stage, from which the Kalos trainers had come down and getting ready to talk to the swarm of hopefuls. Who should she talk to? They all seemed so confident … then again, it was pretty easy to be confident compared to her …

As she considered her choices, the last of the boys to have spoken up looked her way. Their eyes met, and she had to fight to not fidget under his gaze. Well, that solved that problem. She might be socially clueless, but even she knew that just ignoring him would be unacceptable.

Upon reaching him, he smiled and reached out. “Hey! I'm Wyatt and well, I can't wait to get to know you better as a friend.”

“Same here,” she agreed, and they shook. “Well, the friend part, I mean. My name’s Pest, not Wyatt. That would be a coincidence.” She grinned as brightly as she could manage. “But yeah, this event is pretty exciting. I can’t wait to be part of it!”

He nodded. “We could even go to the juice shop and get a drink together or something sometime.”

Pest’s brain nearly short-circuited at the unexpected offer. She couldn't even remember the last time she had done something social! What did people say in these situations? “Uh,” she stammered. Then, even more elegantly: “Well, I. We. Um?”

Wyatt’s smile faded a little. “You know... if you want to, that is.”

“No, I mean, that would be fine!” she blurted. “It’s just that … well, then again, Kalos is more of a friend place than Fizzy Bubbles, I guess. Not that friends don’t exist here! I’m sure they do. I'm just not used to this friends thing, although I can obviously try. How does it work? Can you actually say 'let's be friends' and it just happens? I didn't know it could be that easy ... Sorry, I'm rambling. Say what you need to say."

There was an uncomfortable silence for a minute. Invidia croaked once, staring at the strange humans next to her.

“Yeah …” Wyatt said eventually. “So I suppose I should give you this Safari Ball so that you can find a really cool Pokemon in my zone.”

She happily took the offered sphere, gazing at the mottled green and yellow. “Thanks,” she said, resisting the urge to twirl it on her finger. “I’m sure your zone is a great one. My Croagunk and I are ready to get started, aren't we, Invidia?” She grinned down at her Pokemon, who blinked in return, before returning her attention to the Kalos trainer. “Lead the way, Wyatt.”
Old 06-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Bonjour my friend. I am très bien that you have chosen me, Remy, to be your friend. You are going to love the pokemon I have in my zone for you. When you are done, we should go skating so I can show you some of the wicked moves I have. Or maybe we could even have a battle or something. That would be cool. Anyway, here is your Safari Ball. From now on please respond in Green cause everyone knows, green means go!
"Pokédex upgrade completed. Pokédex upgraded to version 6.0."

"Zzz- mph- huh? Wha?" Keith mumbled as the electronic voice from seemingly nowhere interrupted his sleep. As he sat up in bed, he realized that the voice had emanated from his Pokédex, which was sitting on the table beside his bed. He picked the device up and opened it, and his eyes widened as he read the screen.

"Over seven hundred?" Keith murmured, now fully awake. "Whoa!"

"Hey! Hey, Keith!" came an excited voice as Meowth came running into his bedroom. "Turn on da TV!" Grabbing the remote control, Keith did just that, to find a news report underway.

"-the opening of the Friend Safari today, which will allow Pokémon Trainers all over Fizzytopia the chance to be the very first to catch one of the rare and exotic Pokémon that are being imported from the Kalos region," the reporter was saying.

"I ain't even lookin' behind me," Meowth said, facing away from Keith, "and I already know youse has dat gleam in yer eyes."

"You know me all too well, Meowth," responded Keith as he leapt out of bed.

~~~~~~

Not ten minutes later, Keith came rushing down the stairs of his Secret Base, fully dressed and more excited than he could recall being in ages- he had heard rumors of newly discovered Pokémon, but to think that they were being imported to the Fizzytopia region, and that he might be able to be among the first Trainers in the region to catch one! As he dashed into the kitchen, Hermione, his Weedle, and Shelley, his Torkoal, were just putting the finishing touches on some bacon. As a Wartortle used Confusion to levitate the bacon out of the frying pan balanced on Shelley's shell and onto a plate, Keith grabbed a piece and took a bite. "Mmm!" he muffled as he chewed. "Delicious!" he declared. "Alright, well, that'll do for now, I'll take the rest to go. Meowth, come on!" he said excitedly. Taking the cue, the Scratch Cat Pokémon took his place upon Keith's shoulder.

Within minutes, Keith had exited his Secret Base, though not before deciding on what other Pokémon he'd bring with him today. The rest were to stay home and look after the Secret Base in their Trainer's absence. Among this selection of six, obviously, was the Meowth on his shoulder. Keith himself was dressed in his usual attire- red and white sleeveless jacket over a black T-shirt, a pair of blue jeans, a pair of white sneakers, and perhaps his most distinctive feature, a brown cowboy hat atop his head. Ordinarily, Keith would have called out his Scolipede or Tauros at this point for a ride to his destination, but today, he was far too excited, and he needed to work off this excess energy, so damn it, he was gonna run the whole way to the Friend Safari!

And run he did! By the time Keith reached the area where the event was being held, he didn't feel tired in the slightest. You would have thought him to be part Vigoroth to look at him right now. Despite his limitless enthusiasm, however, he managed to stay calm enough to patiently listen to the hosts of the event as they explained the rules. Though he couldn't help but exchange the occasional excited glance with Meowth. Yes, Meowth was excited, too- exasperated though he often was with his Trainer on many occasions, even Meowth had to admit that this was a pretty big deal, and one that Keith was quite right to be excited for.

"OK!" Keith grinned once the hosts finished explaining the rules and left the gathered Trainers to select a Friend Safari. "Meowth, which one you want to go with?"

"I dunno," shrugged Meowth. "Uh... I guess dat Remy guy's kinda cool, might as well go wit him."

"Let's do it, then," said Keith as he walked up to the Trainer who had introduced himself to the crowd as Remy.

"Bonjour my friend," Remy greeted Keith. "I am très bien that you have chosen me, Remy, to be your friend. You are going to love the Pokémon I have in my zone for you."

"I can hardly wait!" grinned Keith. "Good to meet you, Remy. The name's Keith. Keith Masters. And this is Meowth," he added, gesturing to the Normal-type on his shoulder.

"Wat's up?" Meowth greeted him.

Keith worried for a brief moment that the notion of a talking Meowth would freak Remy out- it wouldn't be the first time, after all. Thankfully, Remy didn't seem to react to this, and instead told Keith that after the event, they ought to go skating so he could show off his wicked moves, or maybe even have a battle (and the latter of those two options was the one that appealed to Keith the most). After that, Remy presented Keith with a Safari Ball. "Thanks," Keith said as he minimized the camouflage-and-white sphere and placed it safely in his pocket for later use. "Alright, let's do this! Lead the way, Remy!" he said, his excitement evident in his voice.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #5
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Bonjour mon ami. Je suis suis très heureux d'avoir été choisi comme ami. Oh! Pardon! I mean, I am very happy you have chosen me to be your friend. Je suis Manon. I mean, I am Manon and I cannot wait to see you find the perfect companion in my jardin. Here is your Safari Ball. And from now on please respond in Rouge, I mean Red so that everyone will know that we are friends. Au revoir!
"Pokemon from Kalos?"

Charm never quite heard of the Kalos region before this big event, but the excitement and elaborate display of fireworks seemed to imply that he was going to be a part of something big in Fizzytopia.

The trainer simply wore a plain black tee and a pair of dark blue jeans, as well a his usual worn out sneakers- leaving his leather jacket and accessories away, knowing that it would be bothersome to wear while trudging through tall grass.

By his side, a Houndour stood proud and happily by her trainer's side. Charm gently rubbed the top of his Pokemon's head, the Houndour keeping her eyes closed as she clearly enjoys it. "We're going to make a new friend today, Sheba," the trainer says, using his other hand to push his long, raven hair back away from his eyes, "so please try and get along with whoever it is."

The Houndour generally gets along with the majority of Charm's team, aside from a particular Growlithe and Vulpix. Hiba, the Growlithe has been on the team nearly as long as Sheba, and the two have constantly fought for their trainer's attention- becoming easily jealous if one got more than the other. Shinka, the Vulpix on the other hand, couldn't give a Raticate's butt about getting her trainer's attention, but it was her general snobby attitude and nonchalant mentality that grinded Sheba's gears. The two would clash on occasion, though they never have settled their differences. Charm knew clearly that if he were to have Sheba out, it would have to be without Hiba or Shinka in the picture.

"Dour!" the Houndour barks out, showing she understands what her trainer asked of her. "Good girl. Well then, let's go pick a Friend Safari Zone... whatever that is." He eyes all eight of the Kalos-native trainers, looking through each of them carefully when one red-haired trainer caught his eye. Immediately the trainer freezes... he doesn't know how to act around a pretty woman, and yet he felt all the more tempted to choose her safari zone. The trainer nearly panics when Sheba suddenly nudges him. He takes in a deep breath, "Thanks, Sheba" he sighs. I can do this. He thinks to himself. I'm just going to catch a Pokemon in her safari zone. No big deal.

He takes a step, then another, managing to build up momentum in what should be an ordinary approach. "H-hi..." he gulps. Smooooth. The red-headed woman gives off a smile almost as warm as her beauty, stating she's glad that Charm chose her as his friend before giving him a Safari Ball. "Th-thank you. My n-name is Charm, by the way, and this is Sheba... my Houndour. I g-guess I should go find a P-pokemon now..."

Last edited by Charminions; 06-18-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
“HELLO FIZZY BUBBLES!” the cry of eight trainers rings out over the audience of assembled trainers. For a months rumors have persisted of a special event where strange new pokemon from a far away land were about to be unleashed into the land of Fizzy Bubbles. Some of these new pokemon have even been seen or heard of in other areas of Fizzy Bubbles. How they got there nobody knows, but it seems like the world is getting larger and at the same time getting smaller in the way that pokemon from other regions have found their way into this part of the pokemon world. For weeks now posters and television commercials have been announcing the arrival of something special. Perhaps it was curiosity that brought you here. Perhaps anticipation of something new and unique. Everyone has their reasons and now the the stage is literally set.

A large metallic tower fills the background of the stage while lights shine down upon the eight trainers standing upon it. Fireworks blast off from different areas as if to signal the big event. Smiles fill the faces of the eight trainers who seem to be reveling in the limelight and applause until one of them steps forward. A girl in her late teens with shoulder length blond hair.

“My name is Angelique,” the girl says with a heavy accent, “and we have traveled all the way from the Kalos region to come to you and bring joy and friendship to the land of Fizzy Bubbles!”

“We know you may have heard rumors of new pokemon in your region,” a boy with dark skin, a red hat, and a slightly lesser accent says as he steps up next to Angelique, “Well those pokemon are nothing new to myself, Byron, and the many people of Kalos!”

“Professor Sycamore has sent us out on a goodwill tour of the Pokemon World to introduce you all personally to the wonderful pokemon found in our land,” a female with brown hair steps forward and continues the conversation, “And I, Chantelle, am happy to see so many of you here!”

“I am Jean and like my friends here we hope that each and everyone of you becomes one of our friends,” a dark haired trainer says as he steps up near the others.

“Because that is what life is all about! Making friends and having adventures with your loving pokemon who I'm sure are all your friends as well,” a long haired red head with a thick accent says as she steps forward, “You may call me Manon and I hope we end up knowing each other for a very long time, n'est–ce pas?”

“As this is such a big deal, we have all gathered a number of pokemon native to our homeland and brought them with us to share with you all,” a long haired, brown haired boy steps up to speak, “And I, Remy, have no doubt you will all be happy to join with us in accepting these gifts.”

“But we aren't just giving them away. Non!” a raven haired girl says, “My name is Yvette and I am here to tell you that you will need to join us in a game from our homeland in order to get one of these pokemon. You will have to play the Friend Safari!”

“We will give you all a special pokeball and once you have it you may journey into one of the zones my friends and I have set up behind us,” the final boy says as he adjusts his stocking cap, “I am Wyatt and I am one of the Friends of whose zone you may enter to search for a pokemon. Each of us have different pokemon, so it will be up to you all to decide which one of us you wish to be friends with the most. Once you have figured that out, we will let you into our zone.”

“We have posted a set of rules outside the door to the chalet you must enter in order to get to the different zones. Once you have read them, come on in and talk to one of us,” Angelique says with a broad smile.

“We will send you on your way across this new bridge of Friendship,” Byron adds enthusiastically.

“So when you are ready...!” Chantelle preps as the others all join in as one, “COME ON IN!”

~~~~~~

((Thanks a bunch for putting this together! My first new Gen Introduction Event, I'm excited to see how it goes! ^^))

These Kalos guys definitely knew how to put on a show. It had been rumored for a very long time that new species had started migrating to Fizzy Bubbles, but up until now there'd been no official confirmation. Well, here it was.

Too flashy for my taste, but she seems to be enjoying it...

Two Pokemon were with him on that momentous occasion: Min the Cinccino, his very first Pokemon and dearest friend, and Bud the Bulbasaur, someone who Levin had specifically brought along for this event for a very particular reason.

Min was a sweetheart for agreeing to do this.

Originally, he'd planned to take Min along for this ride. But someone else needed it more - Bud had forgotten what it meant to loosen up and just have fun. This Safari, held as a pretext to formally welcome the new migrating Species native to Kalos, could be the perfect opportunity to remind Bud what travelling, and even fighting, was really all about - fun!

Min had agreed to step aside without so much as a sad look; it was hard to believe she was the purest definition of "spoiled princess" up until a few months back... but Levin couldn't be happier that his best friend had gone back to her old self, the kind and selfless Pokemon he'd first met inside the Cold Storage during a middle school field trip to Unova. In return for giving Bud the spotlight this time around, they'd all agreed to let Min choose where their Safari Friend and destination.

A spectacle of light and color accompanied each Trainer's appearance, a well-trained speech delivered by all eight envoys from Kalos in their thick, delightful accent. Levin had always had a thing for foreign women with an accent, and these were all fine examples - if a little too quirky judging by their introductions. Come to think of it, Byron seemed to be the only normal one of the bunch...

But the choice wasn't his. Min had already made up her mind, and her choice was hardly surprising. Awed by the glamour and class exuded by the green-eyed Chantelle, the Cinccino approached her and bowed with grace. Levin and Bud followed her, and the Saffron-native held out his hand.

- Hello there, my name's Levin Sanders, nice to meet you! It seems my Cinccino has taken a liking to you, and she's never wrong about nice people.

Smooth, but remember why you're here...

He cleared his throat; he wasn't here to get acquainted with pretty girls... besides, in his most recent attempts, one turned out to kill people with her voice and the other was a Gastly. The mental image of Chantelle suddenly turning into a female Gurrdurr was enough to force him to focus.

- Hum, yeah so... I'd like to explore your garden. I mean, check out your goods. Your Safari. The Pokemon.

Following a brief moment of awkward silence, Chantelle smiled, mentioned something about being a little over-excited and handed him a 1x Safari Ball while she blushed. Did he have a way with ladies or what?

I'm not usually like this, but heck, I deserve to goof off a bit for a change. After what I went through in Mediville, I need all the laughs I can get... I still have nightmares about that Gardevoir.

It was true; Levin was usually a lot more serious, but that journey had changed him. He'd been close to losing his life, saw countless Pokemon and human children in suffering, and witnessed the actual death of a Pokemon by his own hand... After all that, he needed this. For once in his life, he was here to have fun - no more and no less.

He thanked Min for choosing their path as agreed and returned her to her Pokeball. He looked at Bud and winked; Arceus knew how badly the Bulbasaur needed to relax for a change, maybe more than himself.

Since the day he'd been traded to Levin for an unprecedented 20 Rare Candies, Bud had lived a life of anxiety, firmly believing that his new Trainer expected greatness from him, considering the price he'd paid to obtain him. Nothing could be further from the truth, as all Levin wanted was a Bulbasaur of his own - being his favourite species - but nothing he said could convince Bud otherwise. Despite loving Levin and all his teammates to bits, the Bulbasaur could never be truly happy as long as he carried that burden, and maybe now Levin would find a way to remove it; their battle against Kayl and his Squirtle had been a good start, and now it was time to keep working closely with Bud to finally make him understand!

Time would tell if he succeeded... for now, they had a new world to explore!

- Chantelle, please lead the way. We're ready!
Old 06-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #7
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Quote:
My name is Jean and it looks like you picked the right guy to become friends with. I know you won't regret it. In fact, I'm sure you'll find the exact pokemon that suits you in my zone because that is just how awesome our friendship is going to be. Here's your Safari Ball. Now go get 'em! Oh and you should respond in Silver from this point forward since it's shiny. Just like us!
This was going to be great, Jake could tell as he took a seat and waited for the show to start. Just twenty minutes ago, Jake had heard about the event on the TV and now here he was, waiting to get his hands on a new pokemon from the Kalos region.
Getting here wasn't easy, and was a big risk for the young trainer, but it was worth it.

''So, are you excited? Error is excited about new pokemon!'' Error droned as it circled Jake over and over again.
''Would you calm down Error, now's not the time!'' Jake scolded

''HELLO FIZZY BUBBLES!'' A cry came from the stage, before fireworks started to go off.

''Fireworks! I love fireworks!'' Error droned
''Error be quiet'' Jake whispered
''I can't hear you with that mask on!''
''Error, please, you're making a scene, stop!'' Jake spoke a little louder.
''I was just commenting on the fireworks.'' Error droned once more before settling down.

The rest of the presentation went on fine, until a trainer named Jean stated that he and his friends hoped that everyone be one of their friends.

''Wait, I have to be friends with one of them?'' Jake asked Error.
''Error thinks that's what they said'' Error droned.
Jake began to panic, he hadn't expected this! He was hoping to have just gotten a pokemon and leave before anyone questioned who he was. This could cause some real problems. He had to think of a plan!

''The presentation's over, it's over, four zero four Error! Error droned, trying to get Jake's attention.

Jake snapped back to reality.
''Wait what? I missed my chance?!'' Jake started to panic again.
''Error reassures you that you didn't miss it. Error and you now have to befriend a trainer to explore their safari.'' Error explained.

''Oh yeah, I need to be their friend'' Jake sighed.
''This is going to be fun though, Error guarantees it!''
''Let's just get this over with'' Jake replied before looking at his choices.
Finally, he decided on a dark haired trainer, was it Jean?

''Hello my name is......Frederick'' Jake lied.
''My name is Error, Error is glad to meet you!'' Error droned
''Nice to meet you both, my name is Jean and it looks like you picked the right guy to become friends with. I know you won't regret it.'' Jean replied before handing Jake a Safari Ball.

Jake held it in his hand for a couple seconds, admiring the unique pattern on it, before putting the safari ball safely in his coat pocket.

''Thank you Jean, lead the way when you're ready''

''Error can't wait, Error is excited, lead the way to safari, Jean!'' Error droned

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 06-16-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #8
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
My name is Jean and it looks like you picked the right guy to become friends with. I know you won't regret it. In fact, I'm sure you'll find the exact pokemon that suits you in my zone because that is just how awesome our friendship is going to be. Here's your Safari Ball. Now go get 'em! Oh and you should respond in Silver from this point forward since it's shiny. Just like us![/SIZE]
Cha-chunk. Cha-chunk. Cha-chunk.

Pokémon trainer Matthew Brown stood on a crowded subway carriage heading for the Fizzy Bubbles capital, the exciting news of another region's Pokémon being released into the wilds of the nation's favourite adventure zones having broke late last night. Excited chatters and wishful thinking could be heard over the soothing, relaxing sound of wheel over train tracks. Trainers everywhere exchanged information, both personal and academic, as they scrambled to find their favourite new Pokémon, many bringing promotional posters ripped from walls; videos copied from the Pokédex extranet; leaflets given out in city centres and even the odd Pokédex entry sent over from relatives in distant lands.

It had certainly been a busy time for Matthew, the return to the land he now considered his “home” had seen the trainer expanding his squad to almost double its previous size. Having lost a few to a still unknown past, Matthew had been busy collecting members of his dream team all over the Fizzby lands, a total of eight joining him in 2014 compared to the retained forces three in 2012, two in 2010, and five in 2009. A moment of reflection saw the trainer stare out the window with a rueful gaze, wondering if there would be any in his team that would later fall by the wayside, a casualty of whimming or unprecedented futures away from the team.

He hoped not. His team was filled with exceptional Pokémon before, but this new group had him more excited than ever before. He harked back to a time long gone, Magmortar, Steelix, Milotic, Shiny Oddish. He had some regrets over his career in adventuring, amongst those the only major ones were evolving Magmar and Rhydon into their final forms, but his previous Pokémon's absence was not one he considered a mistake. It was for the best. Their best. Somewhere, in the world of Fizzy Bubbles he knew each Pokémon was living life to the fullest. He hoped the lessons he had taught them enhanced their experience, helping them settle and spread to the utmost happiness.

Matthew felt a small bump in his back only to turn round and see a junior trainer red-faced, having clearly tripped in the crowded space. Matthew smiled at the apologising trainer, noting a stack of promotional posters grasped to the young one's hand. He considered, for a second, to ask to read them, but decided against knowing anything about the new Pokémon. It was better for the reveal to be a surprise; a complete lack of knowledge gave the trainer a unique outlook on the event. All he knew was there was a discovery of two new lines of Fossil Pokémon, and that the region they originated from was called “Kalos”.

The train juddered to a stop before opening its doors, causing a surge of rushing trainers to exit the vehicle. Matthew waited until last to depart, preferring to take things at his own pace amidst the over-excited people that surrounded him. Departing the train and then the station, Matthew saw the last of the fireworks explode in the sky as the hustle and bustle exploded in unision. Trainers scrambled to form lines to talk to what Matthew assumed were guides, amongst those a few familiar faces to the veteran. Taking a stroll, Matthew surveyed each guide talking to another as they introduced themselves, their characters rising to the surface almost instantaneously.

Rummaging into his backpack and withdrawing a Pokéball, Matthew released his companion for the journey. A flash of brilliant light revealed Cradily, the seastar announcing its presence into the world with a cry. It was one of the strongest Pokémon level-wise Matthew had on his team, yet despite its power Matthew had never adventured with the grass-type. Today, he intended to change that, placing a hand on the back of its neck and stroking downwards.

“Well girl, who do you think we should go with?” Matthew asked.

The Barnacle Pokémon peered with large green eyes at the scene, twitching its appendages at each trainer before finally settling on a male trainer with a green jacket, sleeves folded at the elbow, and roller blades.

“fashionable” Matthew thought to himself as he approached, the guide introducing himself as Jean, promising that he wouldn't regret picking him and that he had the exact Pokémon that suited Matthew.

“Well Jean, it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope we can continue this friendship long after this event”, he replied, excited to feel the buzz of adventure once more. “Now lets go meet some Pokémon!”

Last edited by Treepandaone; 06-16-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #9
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Well hello! I am Yvette and I can't say enough about how happy I am that you have chosen me to be your friend. We so have to keep in touch with the Holo Caster from now on! I want to know everything that is happening with you. I'll keep you updated with what's happening with me too. Deal? Great! Alright then, here's your Safari Ball. I hope you find what you are looking for and from this point on please respond in Purple. Let me know how it goes!
Some hours ago the news had reached Sector Shadow - via one of its crudely constructed intelligence networks - that something big was going to happen in Fizzy Bubbles. Trainers, it was said, were coming from the Kalos region, as were a group of their native species that had never been seen before. So it was that following a quick descent by Grim's Shadow Force wormholes, Shadow was on the move once again, having picked a new operative to join him on this new quest.

It wasn't the first transnational event Shadow had participated in, but not one quite like this. No ethereal landmass, no somnabulistic realm, just a group of friendly ambassadors with a quirky little national pastime for the assembled bevy of familiar faces to participate in. Not that it was a bad thing; the casual change of pace was pleasant, and the Trainer himself had heard enough about the Kalos region to have his interest piqued.

At his feet, Shadow felt the dirt move as he glanced downwards; a pair of dark-rimmed eyes surfaced from beneath the topsoil as did a brown snout. If he was excited at all, Lestrange didn't show it. Somehow Shadow had an affinity for Dark-types that showcased varying degrees of being indifferent, brooding or moody. Lestrange was usually content with watching from afar, with a piercingly unshakable glare that Shadow would blame few for describing it as "unnerving". Even as the sky exploded in vivid colours both of them marvelled in silence while the audience murmured. "Like Trainer, like Pokemon," mused the scientist while the ambassadors proudly explained the rules of their game. Shadow soon found himself milling with the other Trainers, pausing to read the full list of regulations before moving on; Lestrange, freeing himself from the dirt, slithered (a bit of a feat for a non-snakelike organism) onto the path alongside Shadow's shoes.

All at once, Trainers began heading for their new friends, who awaited them with wide smiles and rather thick accents. Shadow had done his homework on the Kalos region, but even then information was hard to come by. Most of the data on Kalos was focused on its beautiful geography and the mysterious phenomena Shadow filed under a sparsely populated folder named "Mega Evolution". There seemed little about brand new species that were never actually seen outside of Kalos - surely there were actually new Pokemon, or was the number so limited to be considered insignificant to mention? Even so, this "Professor Sycamore" certainly went to great lengths to introduce the world to the wonders of his homeland with this international goodwill tour, so perhaps it was best to bite back any mental reservations. Shadow turned, spotting one of the girls who had yet to receive anyone. Catching his glance, she smiled brightly at him; Shadow responded with the best grin he could manage and hope was friendly. It appeared his choice was decided.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Yvette," he smiled, as the girl enthusiastically shook him by the hand, "I'll be sure to let you know how it went. Though I guess I'll have to find a way to sync my devices with your... Holo Caster, was it?" Lestrange simply snapped his jaws at her as he did with most things as a means of communication, while Shadow pocketed the Safari Ball he had been given. Now all they could do was wait for the others to finish and the event to start.

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 06-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #10
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
"We bring you back to your regularly scheduled FB News. FB News, we are always there for you. Now, Scott, didn't you say something about there being a sudden influx of Pokemon somewhere?...

Blaze was watching the news on his laptop absentmindedly, not really paying attention to it since it was getting late and so his attention span tended to decrease when it got dark out. Part of the issue is my ADHD, its coming back now. Must be all the stress that's been weighing me down. Blaze thought to himself on why he couldn't concentrate on the newscast. After deciding it was futile to try and listen anymore, he shut his laptop, causing it to enter sleep mode. He sighed briefly before the elevator beeped, opening up to reveal a young girl with bright blue hair walk in. She sits down next to Blaze, looking at him deeply before smiling. "So, what's up?" She says quietly. "Honestly, not much. Nothing really has been going on lately. Kinda a shame too, I was hopiong things would pick back up for a little bit. How is the crew hanging in there?" Remilia smiled before jumping up, her wings flapping quickly. Blaze had noticed one day that they had appeared, though he wondered how much of it was him not just paying attention. "Everyone is doing okay for the most part. You know who are starting to get along now? Miko and Marche. Must be because they are from the same evolutionary family." Blaze was surprised to hear this. Miko rarely got out of her Pokeball, or did much with the others when she did. Blaze had always assumed she just wanted to be alone. "Also, Flandre and Dusk are doing something out back. I'm not sure what though. To think, that Shuppet is Dusk. You would never guess." "I know. I'm still concerned that she has no idea what her grudge is." "Me too. She doesn't seem to be suffering from any abnormal effects from it, but I don't want to take any risks. She's your friend, so I want to make sure she's okay for you." Remilia smiled brightly, before blaze snickered. "To think, you really do care that much!" Blaze said slyly, before Remilia slapped him on the back of head. "Of course I do! God you are such a jerk sometimes." She began to walk away before turning around. "Actually now that I think about it, I think Francesco is feeling a little down. You should talk to him sometime." Going back to the elevator, she calls for it before going back down to the first floor.

---

A Friend Safari huh? I'm sure this will be pretty interesting. Blaze had come for the special event alright, sure as rain. He wanted in on some of these Kalos Pokemon, and was really hoping he could find something that he liked. What was Blaze kidding anyways, he liked the majority of Pokemon from Kalos anyways, and so was looking to be really excited about the whole thing. Looking at the crowd that had already gathered, he noticed that a lot of other people had come as well, waiting for their chance to get their very own Kalos Pokemon. But Blaze hadn't actually considered who he was going to bring with him until the last minute, with Remilia's words about Francesco echoing into his head. Taking out a Pokeball, Blaze opens it up releasing a bright red Wurmple, who immediately shot a strand of silk out which attached to Blaze's shoulder, using it to jump onto him. "Eh, what are we doing Blaze?" He said, his Latin accent coming through. "Well, this is an event for getting Pokemon from the Kalos region. I figured we could spend some time together." "Really? Why didn't you bring Remilia along with you?" "She was busy with something. Lestat got into some trouble and she's trying to fix it. Something along those lines. Listen, are you feeling okay? You know you can talk to me if you want." "Nah, I'm fine. Let's just try to have some fun with this, okay."

Blaze walked up to the raven-haired girl, and after she made her introduction and gave him a Safari Ball, Blaze smiled and introduced himself. "Hello Yvette, my name is Blaze. It's nice to meet you, and sure, we can keep in touch with the Holo Caster." Francesco immediately butted in. "Blaze, do you even have a Holo Caster?" "Ummm....okay maybe I don't but I can sure get one. It would also give me a better way to keep in touch with Remilia." "Doesn't she have a cell phone Blaze?" "Ummm...no. Come to think of it, I'm really technology awkward huh?" "Indeed Blaze. Indeed. Alright, let's get started on finding those Pokemon, alright?" "Alright Francesco, let's do just that!"

Member Post

Last edited by Emi; 06-16-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #11
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Hey! I'm Wyatt and well, I can't wait to get to know you better as a friend. We could even go to the juice shop and get a drink together or something sometime. You know... if you want to that is. Yeah so I suppose I should give you this Safari Ball so that you can find a really cool Pokémon in my zone. Oh yeah and from this point forward please respond in Blue so that we can have the same color from here on out. Thanks!
Chad approached the crowd that was gathering. Quite a few people were already there, and he noticed many more arriving with him. ‘I wonder what’s going on,’ he thought to himself. Chad looked up on a podium to see eight people, who had recently begun to speak.

So it seemed these people were trainers from the Kalos region, and they brought some Pokémon native to the region with them. There’s a game they also want to play with the trainers. As each of them took their turns explaining everything, Chad could feel himself getting excited about this game.

All of the trainers all appeared to be nice people. Of course Professor Sycamore would have chosen the best of the best, but they all seemed very outgoing and friendly. The girls were pretty, and the guys were cool.

Once the rules were all explained they all separated to await audience members to approach them. Naturally one or two were more popular than others, but Chad wanted to think things over and choose fairly. Besides, he only had one chance to catch one of those Pokémon from Kalos.

While Chad stood thinking which Kalosian to go meet, Taran, his new Joltik hopped off his head and onto his shoulder. “What do you think, Taran?” he asked his tiny electric bug.

Taran thought for a moment, then he hopped back up on Chad’s head to get a view of the Kalosians. He studied each one carefully and when he made his choice, he tapped Chad’s head. “What’s that Taran?” as the Attaching Pokémon jumped back down to his shoulder to show him his choice. “Wyatt, huh? I was thinking him too. We’re going to get on well bud.” Chad reached to his shoulder to pat Taran. “Want to hang out and watch?” Joltik squeaked and nodded.

Chad took a yellow Pokeball out and tossed it short distance. It clicked open, and a smoky number “2013” appeared. Through the zero, Ledyba popped through. “Ledy!” Ledyba was happy to see Chad. He buzzed around Chad and spotted Taran. He flew to Chad’s shoulder level, and held out his paw to Taran. Taran responded by touching his claw to Ledyba’s paw. Ledyba immediately smiled.

“Ledyba, let’s go meet some new people from the Kalos region,” Chad said to Ledyba. Ledyba nodded and flew over to Chad as he and Taran began walking towards Wyatt. Ledyba hovered nearby.

There were already some other trainers around Wyatt talking to him. When they walked away, presumably towards his area of the Safari, Chad walked up to him. “Hi there, welcome to Fizzy Bubbles,” he greeted Wyatt warmly.

“Hey! I'm Wyatt and well, I can't wait to get to know you better as a friend,” he replied. “We could even go to the juice shop and get a drink together or something sometime. You know... if you want to that is.”

“Sure, that sounds fantastic,” Chad said. He was making it easy to be friends. “Oh, this is my Ledyba. I hatched him on my first anniversary as a trainer.” He turned his shoulder towards Wyatt. “And this is Taran, my new Joltik. I acquired him from a trainer friend of mine, who decided to take a break from training, but she wanted him to keep experiencing the world. Plus as you can see, I kinda have a thing for Bug Types.” Chad giggled a little uncomfortably, because he realized he may have talked too much.

“Yeah so I suppose I should give you this Safari Ball,” Wyatt presented the strange Pokeball to Chad, “so that you can find a really cool Pokémon in my zone.”

“Awesome! Thank you Wyatt. Let’s get this going. I’m excited to meet some Pokémon from Kalos. Come on Ledyba, Taran!”

OOC: Claiming 1x for use in Wyatt’s Friend Safari.
Stats
Old 06-16-2014, 03:30 AM   #12
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Togepi

Quote:
Bonjour! I am Angelique and I am so happy to have you choose me to be your friend. Maybe when you are done we can go shopping together! That would be magnifique! We have some of the best shopping in the world in Kalos, but I bet you have some wonderful stores here as well! Here is your Safari Ball. I hope you find that special pokemon you are searching for within my garden. Please respond in Pink from this point on because that is my favorite color! Tee hee!
*pop* *pop* *pop*

The fireworks sounded as they hit the atmosphere, displaying beautiful patterns of light in the sky. A wonderful way to usher in a change of pace in the usually quiet region of Fizzy Bubbles.

For several months trainers around the region had been hearing rumors of a brand new type of Pokemon, the fairy type. Ethan was indeed intrigued when he heared his very own Togepi carried it, and so to better understand it, the young man set out to join the event put together by the kings and queens of Kalos.

"Is that better?" a dark velvety voice asked, Ethan's Gastly making sure that the Togepi in question was able to see the proceeding from the top of his head as he floated a bit over his own trainer's height, making sure she was safe as he held on to her tiny arms with his ghostly hands.

"Toge, Toge, priiii~!"

Ethan wanted to see what the little girl could do, having trained her a fair bit but nothing too serious as she was still a wee baby, James came along to look after her. His beloved friend James also decided to company the boy on his pursuit of catching what was to be one of the rarest Pokemon he'd probably catch to date.

Looking at them both, Ethan could tell his ghost cared a great deal for her...it was like watching a dad looking after his own daughter...it made the young trainer wonder if James might of had someone special back when he was alive...

The 8 representatives of the french land stepped up to the stage and introduced themselves, welcoming everyone to join their Friend Safari as they guided them through it...Ethan didn't know who to pick, he had planned to seat back and watch what others might've encountered first before making a sound decision but what was the fun in that? He needed some excitement in his life!

"Bonjour! I am Angelique and I am so happy to have you choose me to be your friend. Maybe when you are done we can go shopping together! That would be magnifique!"

"Its nice to meet you...Angelique, was it?" the young man said with a smirk, taking from the girl the x1 Safari ball that was shown to him, "My name's Ethan and these are two of my Pokemon partners...James and Serena...they will be accompanying me in your Friend Safari; and if we finish up rather quickly I wouldn't mind shopping either!"
Old 06-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #13
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
(It’s been a while since I’ve properly written anything so please bear with me.)

-----

Amongst the masses of trainers collected in front of the stand stood a trainer who didn’t stand out particularly much at all. Like the others around him, he had a small collection of Pokémon surrounding him and, like the others, he was excited for the new foreign Pokémon that were going to be introduced into the Fizzy Bubbles region. So much so that he completely forgot to pay most of his attention to the explanation of the Friend Safari. Instead, he was envisioning the various new forms and shapes these Pokémon might take on. I remember hearing there was a Pokémon you could eat in the Kalos region, he thought to himself. Not surprising, coming from the region that brings you buttered lobster with a side of salted kelp.

Four Pokémon in total surrounded the young man; a Gallade that stood tall and proud next to him, who was focussed more on the other three than on the presentation itself, a Chatot perched on the trainer’s right shoulder who remained surprisingly quiet throughout the celebration, (though that was expected to change,) and a small Absol who kept sniffing the ground around the trainer’s feet. The Absol, named Doom, was about to wander off while scurrying the ground a little further up, only to be picked up by the Gallade known as Rags for the umpteenth time. The bladed Pokémon let out a disgruntled sigh in as much a manner as a Gallade was able to. He locked his displeased eyes with those of his trainer while holding up baby Doom in an effort to communicate.

“Oh thanks Rags,” Lucas said before placing the Absol back on the ground.

The only reason Rags came with his trainer on EVERY occasion was because of the simple fact that Rags kept a better watch on his fellow allies than his own trainer. In fact, Rags was the only one who was openly worried about leaving the other four Pokémon alone with each other. No shelter, no guidance, no protection. He gave another puzzling look to Lucas as if trying to message him through stares alone.

“What?” Lucas replied. “Oh don’t worry. Faust has been doing a great job at looking after the others.”

Rags shivered at the thought of that Duskull’s icy stare. He didn’t share his trainer’s opinion on Faust. Mainly because Faust’s method of control was freezing them in place with an ice-type attack.

“Besides,” Lucas continued. “It’s been a while since we’ve gone out for an adventure and I hear they’re about to release a bunch of rare new species for us to catch. And you know I’m out to catch the rarest and most powerful Pokémon that are out there. I take no less.”

With those words, Rags, Doom and Black all looked towards their fourth party member who had so far been quietly standing behind them. The Bellsprout named Hood stood silently like a statue, not budging or flinching upon receiving his fellow allies’ stares.

"Awwk! You're an idiot!" the Chatot cawed. Though it was directed towards his trainer rather than towards the Bellsprout’s hollow stare.

Lucas ignored him. A small, gentle breeze sailed past. The Bellsprout’s massive sized head had trouble balancing itself on the thin root that held it up and the gentle breeze forced Hood’s head to sway to the left.

“Bell,” the Bellsprout said before his head bounced back to his right side. “Sprout,” he continued. His head flipped to the left again. “Bell.” And then back to the right. “Sprout.” This continued for a few seconds as the Bellsprout’s head motioned like a metronome, showing no signs of slowing down. The rest of the party merely followed his movements, their eyes moving left to right in unison with the hypnotic movements of the ’Bell’ and the ’Sprout’.

Rags shook his head as if shaking of his trance before walking up to weed Pokémon.

“Bell. Sprout. Bell. Sprout. Be-“ Hood’s movement stopped as the Gallade held his head in the centre, allowing the Bellsprout to regain his balance. Rags slowly let go of Hood’s head so the party could continue.

Hood leaned slightly to the left. “...ell.” He swayed back to the right. “Sprout.” And back to the left. “Bell.” Seemingly continuing his nonsensical swaying.

Lucas and Rags had to hang their head low in disappointment but Black managed to give a few stocky ’Caws’ from laughter. “Aaarg, you’re an idiot,” he directed towards his trainer.

“Oh, shut up you,” he said as he held the Chatot’s beak shut. “The only reason I brought you along was because I expected your old trainer to be here.”

The Chatot shook off the hand and bit it out of retaliation.

“OWW!”

“Caw, you’re an idiot. Aaarg! Furball is an idiot.” With those words, Black flew off his shoulder and disappeared into the crowd. Rags was about to give chase but Lucas stopped him.

“Let him go.” He held his bitten hand as if trying to sooth the pain away. “He’s just going to say hello. He’ll be back.”

Rags shook his head at his trainer’s words and pointed towards his feet, trying to convey what he was really going to do.

“Hmm?” Lucas looked down but noticed nothing. “I don’t get, what are w-“ He stopped midsentence as if finally understanding. “Where... Where is Doom?” Looking left and right, there appeared to be no sign of the young, curious Absol. It appeared that amidst the chaos of the Bell, the Sprout and the insults, he had managed to sneak off to go explore. “Did you see where he went?” he directed towards his Gallade. Rags merely shook his head in dismay. Lucas turned his attention to Hood, hoping to get something useful, but the Bellsprout merely continued swaying left and right in the wind.

Picking up the Bellsprout, Lucas and Rags ran through the crowds, hoping to find Doom before he got himself into too much trouble. It didn’t take long before they could hear a small yelp from the other side of the field/room(?). Hurrying towards the noise, Doom could be found sniffing the feet and tugging at the trousers of one of the female trainers from the Kalos region.

The two made their way up close, Lucas holding the Bellsprout by the stem with his head still nodding. “Doom, no! Bad Absol!” Rags loosened the Absol’s grip and picked up to keep it out of reach of the girl. “Sorry about that,” Lucas said almost apologetically. He could smell a small waft of perfume emanating from the Kalos trainer and suddenly Doom’s actions made some sense. “He must have smelled your perfume and thought you were an Aroma Lady or so.”

The girl merely picked her trousers to straighten them before reassuring Lucas that it wasn’t much of a problem and commented positively on Doom’s playful nature despite his name. The conversation quickly skipped towards shopping, of which Lucas had little to no understanding, and eventually the Safari that lay behind them. It became clear which trainer’s garden Lucas was going to explore and shortly after he received his safari ball, instructions and best wishes.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 06-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #14
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

Quote:

It was more than slightly rare for El to turn up at any sort of event. Not because she wasn't interested in such things, but more because she never actually found out about them for some reason or another. She wasn't exactly one to keep up with the times, and she was admittedly rather young to be going to things by herself anyway.

But she was a researcher at heart, albeit one who had yet to learn anything about actually going about research in a constructive manner, so anything that contained both 'new' and 'pokemon' in the same sentence was bound to get her attention. It was both scary and exhilarating, it was the first time she'd been to any event big enough for fireworks by herself. Every now and then she looked to her right, expecting to see her mother or father's gentle grip on her hand. It was only ever Sparow adjusting her hold on the young trainer's shoulder.

"Good girl," she muttered to the ever-patient Spearow. She was being surprisingly calm, despite all the noise and light, only shuffling about to scratch an itch or regain her grip. The last part was El's fault, in her excitement she'd forgotten to actually do anything resembling getting ready until a few minutes before she had to leave. As a result she was wearing an oversized tie-dyed shirt she was fairly sure belonged to her dad, mismatched socks, and her standard netball skirt, muddied sneakers, and backpack.

Rather understandably, she was quite relieved to hear it wasn't an overly formal event. She was less pleased to hear she would have to try making friends while looking like she was headed to a rubik's cube party. At least her shoes were suitable for walking around a lot.

It took El several minutes and a gentle peck from Sparow to realise that the main show had ended, so worried about her pathetic excuse for an outfit she was. Her first instinct at seeing everyone milling about was to panic. Unfortunately for her, her brain's only immediate counter-argument was "not panic". Unsurprisingly the first option won, and she began to hyperventilate and walk just a bit too fast. The sudden motion and Sparow's weight was enough to drag her shirt's oversized collar down over her shoulder. Sparow finally squawked as she began frantically flapping her tiny little wings in an attempt to get back to a horizontal porch, while El just had the bum luck to walk straight into one of the Kalosians' back.

El stumbled back and fell on her bum, more from shock than actual physical recoil. The ground a much more comfortable distance, Sparow took the opportunity to give up trying to get back on El's shoulder and landed with a gentle thud. She took the change to preen her ruffled feathers as El started to blurt out a barely legible apology.

"Oh Arceus I'm sorry everyone was moving and then I panicked and then Sparow fell and then you were there and now I'm here aaaaaah! You're not hurt are you oh I hope you're not I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry."

Initial post-panic panic out of the way, El took the chance to look up at the person she'd crashed into. She recognised the other girl instantly as Manon, her thick accent had stood out in El's mind and she'd shown up early enough that she hadn't quite zoned out yet. With a deep breath, El readjusted her shirt and offered a finger to Sparow to lift the Pokemon back to her shoulder. With no more distractions and a somewhat more content Spearow, El got to her feet to at least somewhat properly introduce herself.

"Uh, yeah, sorry I'm a little... not that great with crowds!" A nervous chuckle escaped her lips. "Anyway, um, I'm Eliza. Eliza Perle but everyone calls me El though I guess if you wanted to Eliza's fine but it'd be kind of weird if you used my full name though I guess it sounds nice and has only one extra syllable."

Any remaining positivity that El might have had drained as Manon began her reply. She should have seen it coming, really, from how thick the girl's accent was. It would be rude to leave now though, and she'd already made enough of a fool of herself.

She forced herself to smile as she accepted the Safari Ball. Surely it wasn't too late to start trying to learn French?

Last edited by Lass El; 06-17-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #15
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Quote:

Bill couldn't believe his ears when he had heard the news, brand new Pokemon had been discovered within the vicinity of the realm of Fizzy Bubbles, sort of. The only thing that he knew for sure was that there were going to be species of Pokemon that he had never seen before. All that he knew about this was that they were from some region called "Kalos". Maybe this region was farther than Unova where his father was from. He couldn't know for sure, all that he knew was that new Pokemon meant new opportunities. His curious nature just couldn't let him NOT do this, it just wouldn't be right.

He stood in a crowd which was all facing toward this small group of eight trainers. Each of them gave a well-rehearsed speech. He wore his usual dirty T-shirt and jeans combo, since this was apparently a "safari" trek, no one should complain about his dress like that...that was until he noticed just how well dressed these people were. Was he supposed to dress up as well? He looked around the crowd but no one else was. Oh well...

Accomanying the trainer was a young Golett named Megas. It obviously was ready to see these new Pokemon and to fight them all. Bill hadn't traveled with Megas for a while, so he thought why not take it with him. Besides, he still remembered last time he brought only Savage and Swift with him, no land-based Pokemon is bad even in the middle of the ocean apparently. He still had nightmares about that place in Cascadia, hopefully this would be a nice change of pace. From what Bill gathered these trainers are playing some sort of game with these new Pokemon...Friend Safari? Was that where you had to shoot a friend or something? Seems kinda dark. He still didn't really understand too much other than it was that they would lead the trainers to a erm....Friend Safari and they'd capture a Pokemon like usual. How was this a game again? Oh well...

"You ready, Megas?" the trainer turned towards his Pokemon.

"GOL!"

"Good, then let's pick one of those guys to go with...to this um...Friend Safari." The Trainer looked around at the eight, this choice was definitely going to be an interesting one as he hadn't the slightest clue what the differences between these zones could be. Eventually his eyes locked onto one of the female trainers, something about this one felt...right. Like that he was to head to that trainer's Safari Zone. "Let's go with her then."

Afterwards, the duo approached the girl, she looked at the duo and said, "Bonjour mon ami. Je suis suis très heureux d'avoir été choisi comme ami. Oh! Pardon! I mean, I am very happy you have chosen me to be your friend."

Bill said, "Hey, um 'bonjowr'" he tried so hard to speak their language but was failing miserably, even if he didn't know it, "I'm Bill and I guess I'm here for the Friend Safari..."

"Je suis Manon. I mean, I am Manon and I cannot wait to see you find the perfect companion in my jardin. Here is your Safari Ball." She handed Bill said Safari Ball. Looks just like the one that the Safari Zone back in Fuchsia would use...Oh no, does this mean that he wouldn't be able to use his Pokemon? Then again, he read those rules and nothing of the sort said that he couldn't.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL

Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 06-16-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #16
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Quote:
Hello mon ami! You have chosen well to choose me, Byron, as your new Friend. I look forward to hearing all about your adventures and even sharing a few of my own with you. For now, please visit my zone and try to capture one of the special pokemon I have placed in it. Here is your Safari Ball and please respond in Sienna from this point on since that is such a down to earth kind of color.
It was a normal day for Dave. The human lounged on the bed in his room at the Pokémon Centre, where he'd been staying for the last few months. There was a twofold reason for this. One, he still wasn't cleared to adventure through most of the activity areas in Fizzytopia, and two, he hadn't scraped the funds together for a Base yet. He had nothing to do, and was idly channel-surfing his way across the networks.

Angua laid curled on the bed, the Houndour dozing lightly by her master's side. In the corner, Jason was crouched, meditating as part of his training process. Dave had learned not to disturb the Croagunk while he was busy contemplating, the chatter of the television not bothering the Fighting-type at all. Lastly, a series of crunching sounds from the other side of the room announced Rincewind's presence, the Trapinch exercising his strong jaws by destroying a small log that his trainer had brought him.

"So many channels, so little to watch, huh?" the human muttered, more to himself than anything, though the snoozing Fire-type next to him flicked an ear in response. Reality show, shopping channel, soap opera, news, more cra--

He flicked back. Something on the news had caught his eye. Some kind of event on display in a square... in the town he was currently in. He recognised it instantly, no more than a five minute walk from the Pokémon Centre. Slowly, he sat up, leaning forward as the camera panned over eight colour-coded people, all claiming to be on a goodwill mission from a Professor Sycamore in the Kalos region. He'd heard of the place, but nothing extensive. But still... it looked like something to get involved with.

Swinging himself off the bed, he set about getting ready go out, sliding his PokéDex into his pocket before slipping on his lightweight waterproof vest. A yap stopped him from leaving, turning to see Angua looking up at him from the bed, stubby tail wagging. Behind her, Jason had opened one yellow eye, regarding him curiously, while even Rincewind had stopped gnawing his treat.

"Guess I should take one of you guys along, huh?" he replied, almost sheepishly. Angua yapped excitedly, while Rincewind clicked his jaws in response. Jason closed his eye, returning to his meditation. Dave went over his choices, looking from one Pokémon to the other. After a few seconds, he returned to the bed and petting the Houndour. "Sorry girl, but I'm gonna need you to stay here for now. I think I'll need some experience, and you're not quite there yet." The pup let out a slight whine, dropping back to the bed. "Hey, don't be like that! I'll make it up to you someday girl, don't worry." he replied, rubbing her behind one hear. That did the trick, soon her tail was wagging even as she rolled over to make herself comfortable.

"Keep an eye on her, alright Jason?" The Croagunk nodded, still concentrating on building his own strength. With that, Dave turned back to the insect on the floor, kneeling down and reaching out. "Come on then, climb up." Rincewind clicked his jaws, and quickly crawled up his trainer's arm. Dave grinned. The Trapinch had been growing in strength lately - now was the chance to show it off. Bidding farewell to his other Pokémon, he departed from the Centre, and soon found himself in the very square he'd seen on the TV.

A huge, metal tower loomed in the background, while the Kalos-natives he'd seen before stood in front of it, giving their explanations of what was happening. Once they were done, he, like so many other trainers, stepped up to read the rules. He had to choose one of the eight people who were helping to run this event, and they would show them through to a special place with four Pokémon native to the region would be, and he could capture one that he wanted.

"Sounds... almost too good to be true." he muttered, eliciting a snap of disapproval from Rincewind. "Go on then, where do you think we should go?" The Trapinch looked around at the eight people who were eager to make friends with the population of Fizzytopia. Eventually, he settled on one, pointing one stubby foreleg in his chosen direction. "Heh, figures." Dave chuckled, stepping in the indicated direction.

Byron greeted him in a suitably-friendly manner, welcoming him to his zone. "Hey thanks. Name's Dave, though I don't have too many adventurous stories to share, I'm afraid. Not yet, anyway." he replied. "I hope we can change that today." he smiled, taking the Safari Ball the foreigner gave him. Atop his shoulder, Rincewind clicked in a mixture of nervousness and excitement. Both trainer and Pokémon were eager to get started...

{Dave obtained a Safari Ball!}

Old 06-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #17
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Every late evening, after a hard day of dealing with business, his father and the crew operating his mines, the TV is Rowan's best friend. It's the one moment of the day he can truly relax and spend quality time with his Pokémon. So too this evening. Slumped down on he couch Rowan is watching TV, his beloved Ralts cuddled up next to him. Football is on, Rowan's favorite sport to watch. Not that he plays it, nor that he is any good at it, but he greatly enjoys watching the games. He has a big grin on his face, his favorite team of Slateport FC completely trashed the Lavaridge Flares in a 5-1 thumping on the Regional Championship. Today was a good day already, and it's only getting better as Rowan zaps through to the news after the Full-Time whistle blows.

"That was one awesome game," Rowan says, though mainly to himself as Rose has already fallen asleep on his lap, "We're going to win the whole thing if we keep playing like that! The game is hardly over and it's already the biggest thing in the news!" Though while may be true, it's far from the only thing and something else quickly peaks Rowan's interest as an item comes up about the Kalos region and a related event in Fizzytopia.

"Kalos, that sounds interesting," Rowan is thinking out loud, "Never been there before, and as far as I know we do not do business with any companies from Kalos either. This could be a great business and personal opportunity. Expanding my network won't hurt me in any way and who knows what kind of great Pokémon I might meet if I participate in the event."

"Rose, what do you think?" Rowan looks at his sleeping Ralts and carefully wakes her up, "What do you think, want to join the event?" Rose looks back at him with sleepy eyes and without a clue about what he's talking about. Half asleep she nods and rests her head on Rowan's lap again. She's fine with whatever he wants to do anyways, as long as she's with him Rose is fine with everything. Rowan smiles, picks her up, get up himself and tucks her in using the couch, a cushion and his jacket as a bed for her.

"You just stay here princess, I'll get some things ready before we leave."

A few hours later and Rowan is done, Corvus is put in charge of the mines, business work is delegated to a few colleagues over at the office and Rowan has assembled a nice team of four Pokémon, excluding Rose, to take with him too. All there is left to do is get Rose out of bed and get to the event location. So he does and a short while later the big metal tower he saw on TV appears on the horizon. Only a few moment later Roan finds himself on the very same square as the Kalos natives. They're still there, all eight of them, explaining their story to the trainers that surround them, occasionally pointing towards a sheet of paper pinned down in a pillar next to them. Largely ignoring their story Rowan makes his way to paper first, the rules are listed on it.

"Well, this should give me about all the information I need about this event, don't you think so too Rose?" The little Ralts in his arms nods happily. "Now, let's go see these people, hear their stories and let's choose a Friend Safari we want to visit." And so they do, but it doesn't take long for Rose to have already made up her mind. Her powers allow her to sense all the emotions of the people in front of her and no-one gives her a vibe as good as Byron. While the whole thing is a great mystery, she somehow feels Byron has a Pokémon in his Friend Safari that is a perfect match for Rowan. She tugs her trainer on his coat and points towards Byron, a sign Rowan is quick to pick up on.

"I hardly heard all their interesting stories and you have already made up your mind?" Rowan laughs as Rose nods fanatically. "I'll follow your instincts then Rose, quite frankly it's one of the reasons I brought you with me. If anyone in my team can figure out who the best pick is, it's you." And so Rowan walks up to Byron.

"Hello Byron, Rowan Virote is the name, I heard your story and I would like to accept your friendly request to join you in your Friend Safari." The Kalosian greet him an equally friendly manner and hands Rowan the Safari Ball he needs during this event and the two have some more friendly banter and Rose gets ever more excited about this next adventure. They both don't know what it will bring them, but they do know it will be good.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #18
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:

A solitary train pulled into Gear station, and a crowd poured from out of it onto the platform. Amongst them was Michael, fresh from his first year at University.

"Well Blue, ain't it great to finally be back home again?"

Blue, the trainer's Panpour, hopped onto his shoulder and started looking around avidly at the crowd surrounding them.

"Yeah, but we could have been back much earlier if you hadn't decided to goof off for half the year, dude."

"...You're not going to let me live that down are you?"

Michael aimed a playful swipe at his Pokemon, even though it was telling the truth. It had been a tough year at Uni for the trainer - his lax attitude towards studying had finally caught up to him, just like his parents warned him would happen, so he had to sacrifice almost all of his free time to make up for his falling grades. But now he was free! Free to procrastinate and adventure to his heart's delight! The trainer let out a hearty laugh as he and his Panpour ran through the streets of Nimbasa, heading towards...

"Hey Michael, where exactly are we going?"

Michael stopped suddenly. Ah, he hadn't thought about that. Blue rolled his eyes as his trainer flipped through his Pokegear, looking to find someone to pick them up. As he did, he noticed a poster on a nearby billboard:

"Hey Mike, take a look at this!"

Michael looked up at the poster. It was decorated with weird creatures that he hadn't seen before, and headed with a solitary sentence.
'Mysterious new Pokemon have been discovered! Come find new friends at the Friend Safari!'

"New Pokemon eh? Well looks like I got myself some new competition! Let's go!"

A Pansear had suddenly materialised next to Michael, and before he knew it the Pokemon had already ran off eastward.

"Oh darn it. RED, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE IT IS!" Blue shouted after him before taking off in pursuit. Michael shook his head in defeat before following his two monkey companions, preparing himself for what could be a wild ride.
-----------------------------------------
Michael, Blue and Red listened to the 8 hosts of the friend safari. Well, I say listened - Red had drifted off to sleep, Blue was trying to wake him up and Michael was on the internet. Speeches were not really their thing. They never even realised it was finished until the crowd started to dissipate around them.

"So... they were... really french." Blue said aloud, before catching himself and looking away hurridly. Michael was busy eying up the 8 trainers he could choose from, trying to see if their appearance could clue him in on what type of pokemon would be in their "Friend Safari" Zone. Some of the trainers seemed too classy for him, others seemed too out of his league. So the teen decided to visit Byron. He seemed just right. After exchanging pleasantries and sharing stories, Michael took his Safari Ball and, with Blue and Red in tow, stepped out into the wide open space that was the Safari Zone.

Last edited by Whimsy; 06-19-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #19
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Quote:

Alex couldn’t help but grin to himself as the announcement came. He was well aware of Kalos and the Pokémon that came with it. It was just a matter of time before they were officially ‘discovered’ here in the land of Fizzytopia. He had already done plenty of research into these Pokémon and he has a few new Pokémon he could do some papers on. He had hit a lull recently, maybe this could kick things into gear.

It was interesting how they advertised this event. There was a bunch of hype around this ceremony and he guessed they delivered. While he wasn’t one for parties or crowds, he was sure this could have been much more over the top. Alex himself was standing by himself on the edge of the few dozen gathered trainers. He currently have any of his Pokémon out with him. He figured that there may be some battles ahead and he didn’t want to reveal his hand too early.

As Alex listened to the native trainers of Kalos, he felt a little put off by the pushiness of the theme of ‘friends’. As far as he knew, one did not become friends at first sight. Enemies at first sight were much more common, at least in his case. Still, it wasn’t going to stop him from getting a new member of his team.

Alex started to walk up to Byron trying to find one with few other trainers, but right before he got there a bunch of other trainers got there. He looked around and saw that the guy who called himself Remy only had one other person so Alex went up to the blond boy. He gave the Kalos native a silent nod. He really didn’t have anything to say to the stranger, especially not wanting to test his poor French. He also took the offered Safari Ball. As this was the only pokéball he could use, he’d have to make sure to use it on a useful Pokémon, or at least one that he could sell off to one who would appreciate it more.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:12 AM   #20
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
The Friend Safari. It almost looked identical to the area in the Kalos region when Hyrem was watching the commercial right after a pro League of Legendaries game featuring Roccatty against the #1 team in Kalos, Alliancie, led by the team captain Froggadieren and his signature Articuno. But there it was, featured right in Fizzytopia as a special event celebrating the discovery of Pokemon in Fizzy Bubbles thought only to have lived in Kalos, and Hyrem wasn't going to miss such an opportunity for a new member, especially with the accomplishment of catching the first of a given species in Fizzy Bubbles a distinct possibility. Sure he hatched the first Cryogonal in the Egg House and has the distinct privilege of owning the first Druddigon after trading a Scraggy away, but to actually capture the first of a species is something else entirely. He simply had to drop everything and head towards the event as soon as possible, and he knew just which Pokemon he wanted to bring with him...

As the trainers gathered at the entrance, Hyrem saw many familiar faces but didn't have the time to talk to anyone as the opening ceremonies started just as soon as he got there. The eight Kalosian trainers introduced themselves before going over the rules: there are eight zones to pick one from with four different species of Pokemon exclusive to each zone. Each trainer will have a chance to potentially meet all 4 Pokemon in that zone if they don't catch one before meeting them all. If a Pokemon was passed up, it wouldn't be met by that trainer again, so Hyrem needed to make sure he had his priorities of Pokemon on track. He did have eight creatures in mind as Pokemon he was willing to keep, but of course there was no guarantee he'd meet any of them. Since there was no clue at all on which Pokemon were in which zone, it didn't really matter which zone he chose, but he decided to visit Remy, the trainer in front of the Green Zone. "Bonjour my friend. I am très bien that you have chosen me, Remy, to be your friend," the trainer greeted Hyrem.

"Uh, bonjour," Hyrem replied, trying to speak his language. "So... you don't happen to carry a deck of exploding playing cards, do you? ... Never mind, it's just a joke I thought up."
"You are going to love the pokemon I have in my zone for you. When you are done, we should go skating so I can show you some of the wicked moves I have. Or maybe we could even have a battle or something. That would be cool. Anyway, here is your Safari Ball."
"Well, skating's not my thing, but battling sure is! Maybe if I catch a Pokemon here I'll battle you with it!" he said to Remy before accepting the Safari Ball.

Once he was inside the zone, he felt now was a good time to bring out his partner for the event. "Okay Mia, you can come out now!" He then expanded and opened a Fast Ball in order to release his Taillow, who chirped happily upon materialization before perching on his shoulder. "This is your first adventure, and it's gonna be a good one: you'll get to meet Pokemon other people haven't even seen yet! What do you think about that?" "Tai tai tai~" she chirped excitedly while flapping her wings on her perch. "Hahahaha, okay, I get it, you're ready for this!" he chuckled. "How about a little snack before we get started, k?" And with that, he hand-fed her a few peanuts, one at a time, which she quickly grabbed with her beak and ate readily. "All right, here's the plan: you watch the area from up above while I walk into the grass and take a closer look, and we let each other know if we find something! Sound like an idea?" "Taillow!" she nodded, stretching her wings out, ready to begin. "Okay, off you go then!" he said before moving her onto his finger and throwing her into the air so she could get a good start and go airborne. "Stay close by so we're ready to battle at any time!" he said to Mia, to which she chirped back with another nod. Now with his Taillow keeping a sharp lookout for any sign of movement, he was free to wander into the tall grass and try to find something at a closer distance.

Claim: 1 Safari Ball

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 06-18-2014, 01:26 AM   #21
Quilavaflare
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Quilavaflare
Cyndaquil

Quote:
Having quite literally just started on his quest for the knowledge of the world, a young traveler named Evdee was just about packed and ready to leave, his excitement peeking as he pulled close the final zipper on his pack. Slinging it over his shoulder, the boy can barely contain himself when suddenly a loud popping noise sounds from somewhere in the west. Startled, his bird Pokémon and sole partner, Astral the Pidgey flutters to his side in a rather clumsy manner. Evdee picks her up gently and sets her on his shoulder before dashing down the stairs to their house's living quarters. Filled with panic for fear of something dangerous happening in town, he races out the front door of his home, where his parents stand peering up into the sky.

"Sounds like there's something going on in the plaza," his mother states rather plainly, grinning slyly. "I'll bet you'd be interested. Why not check it out?"

Feeling rather left out, and a little confused, Evdee throws her a questioning look before seizing the opportunity and rushing towards his home town's square. Long before he finds out what the commotion is about, the commotion finds him and he is quickly crowded out by the sheer number of people hovering about the town plaza. He begins to sweat nervously, the mob continues to scrunch in with him. Through all of the shoulders and heads, he is able to make out an enormous metallic tower sitting on a stage some distance away.

"We may not be a horribly small town, but I don't think I've ever seen this many people here..." Evdee's mutterings are cut short as a microphone amplified voice comes on over the speakers, enthusiastically explaining a new event in which foreign Pokémon are being introduced to Fizzytopia. No less, each participating trainer may even get to bring one home with them!

His eyes stretch as he listens, enthralled with these new forthcomings. When the crowd began to disperse and the announcement is over, Evdee mulls things over. He looks to his left, where a rather moody Astral is still perched, clawing at his shoulder as she grows impatient. Sure, he was excited to get going on his trip, but this was something he was only going to see one place, no matter where he traveled in the world. And although Astral and he were great friends, it was always great to have someone else along for the adventure.

A majority of the crowd began to flow towards a row of stalls, where the Kalosian trainers were admitting people into their Friend Safaris after a short chat. But one corner seemed to stand out to him most, where it seemed like there were curiously less people than around the others. Without any tactical plan in mind, he went for it.

After a rather abashing meeting with the girl named Yvette, who happened to be running this Safari, Evdee drew out the Park Ball he had been given, nodding to Astral. Even the pigeon Pokémon seemed pumped now. The two carefully begin scrutinizing the area for new creatures...

Friend Code/Username list
Spoiler: show
3DS: 0748-3092-2840
Y Trainer Name: Roy
[Friend Safari: Paras, Vivillon, Beautifly]
Pokemon Showdown: Quilavaflare
Nintendo Network: Snowboos

Old 06-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #22
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

Quote:
"Well, this seems like it'll be a nice, relaxing outing...for once.", Katsura remarked to himself quietly after hearing the details of the event he was about to get himself involved in. Like many other trainers, he had received word that a multitude of Pokemon native to Kalos had been gathered together and were about to be released into the region. Being native to a land about as far from that locale as possible, the chance to see, let alone catch one of those Pokemon was an opportunity he simply couldn't miss, and had come as quickly as he could. His past adventures had all taken an unpleasant turn for the worse, but this time, he felt relatively certain things would go smoothly. Relatively.

As per usual, he was being accompanied by some of his loyal Pokemon; this time, his lively Charmander, Flandre, and her younger sister of sorts, the sedate Gible, Tia. The difference between the two was readily apparent, the former eagerly joining on the cheering of the crowds whilst the latter quietly gazed at the spectacle, her mouth held slightly agape with awe at the bright colors of fireworks and lights.

Once their directions had been given, it had come down to the matter of deciding which of the eight trainers organizing the event would be their guide. Katsura brought a hand to his chin as he glanced over the lot of them. They all seemed like good people, and no matter which one of them he chose, he was certain have a chance to meet some new Pokemon. He couldn't really go wrong, yet he couldn't seem to make up his mind regardless, and after numerous others had lined up before them, he decided to go with his alternative method of decision making.

"So...which one of them do you suppose we ought to go with?", he asked his two Pokemon, who looked up at him before beginning to scrutinize the organizers as well. It wasn't long before Flandre seemed to have made her choice, as with a gleeful cry of "CHAR!", she pointed in the direction of the trainer who had introduced herself as Chantelle. On closer inspection, he realized she wasn't pointing at Chantelle, but rather, another Charmander who was standing by the side of one of the trainers who had chosen her as their guide. It was perhaps the first time she had seen another of her species, and she seemed rather intrigued by it.

"So, you're interested in that other Charmander, huh?", Katsura questioned her, to which she gave a quick nod of her head. "...It's not just because you want to be a show-off and try to prove that you're better somehow, is it?", he continued in an accusatory tone, knowing of her competitive nature all too well. Flandre swiftly shook her head in denial, though Tia didn't seem convinced at all, narrowing her eyes in an unamused manner.

"I suppose if you want to go where that other Charmander is going, that's fine. Just remember, we're not here to battle, and I don't want you making a scene, okay?", he said, Flandre giving another nod and a smile in response. "That okay with you, Tia?", he asked the Gible, who gave an eager cry of "Gib!", before directing her attention to her "big sister", seemingly intent on keeping her in line.

With things settled, Katsura and his Pokemon approached Chantelle and greeted her. "It's a pleasure to meet you." he began, giving a short bow. "My name's Katsura, and this is my Charmander, Flandre, and my Gible, Tia.", he went on, the two Pokemon raising an arm to wave as he spoke their names. "You could say they're like sisters to each other, and I can't wait for the chance to add another Pokemon to our little family of sorts."

*Receiving one Safari Ball*
Old 06-18-2014, 09:15 AM   #23
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Connor was surprised to see on the news that Fizzytopia was now having a Friend Safari event to introduce the Pokemon native to their region here. Having just returned from a long trip to the Kalos region just a week ago, he still remembers the various Pokemon, while albeit few, that he didn't see in Fizzytopia until now and were it not for the strict laws (he needed a Kalosian Trainer Card to catch Pokemon there), the photographer would have jumped at the opportunity to catch a few of them. Now that he had the chance, he became more excited than ever. Not wanting to pass up this chance to befriend another Pokemon, he immediately set out to the event.

=======

"Enjoying those PokePuffs Waldemar?"

Connor turned around for a moment to see his Lickilicky munching on the various PokePuffs he had bought for him. The huge Licking Pokemon made quick work on half of the PokePuffs he bought and is continuing to happily enjoy the treat. "Hehe, well I'll let just enjoy there, okay?" Connor then faced away from him to see the eight Kalosian trainers introduce themselves and explain the mechanics of the Friend Safari.

Once the presentation was over, the crowd was now slowly diving itself into eight, one for each Friend Safari. Connor could see that some of them already chose right on the spot, while sill were deciding on which Safari to go. He was with the latter group, as he found it difficult to choose which among the eight to go to. Waldemar saw his trainer to be in some sort of distress and approached him with a Green PokePuff on hand. "Licky...?" "Hmm... ah! Waldemar? You still haven't finished that?" he asked, pointing towards the PokePuff. Suddenly, the photographer had an idea, a spark of inspiration as he stared at Waldemar's food. "Green... all right then, it's decided! We're going to Remy's Safari Zone! Let's go Waldemar!" Connor dashed towards Remy, with Waldemar happily following behind him.

As soon as Connor approached Remy, the Kalosian Trainer immediately greeted him, "Bonjour my friend. I am très bien that you have chosen me, Remy, to be your friend. You are going to love the pokemon I have in my zone for you. When you are done, we should go skating so I can show you some of the wicked moves I have. Or maybe we could even have a battle or something. That would be cool. Anyway, here is your Safari Ball." Connor grabbed the Safari Ball handed over to him and thanked the trainer before he and Waldemar entered the zone.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #24
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
[CENTER]

Please quote the Friend whose zone you wish to enter using their preferred color and make your first post to begin![/SIZE]
He shrugged.

It wasn't as though he had many reasons to return to the realm of Fizzytopia after a lengthy break from the region with some business with the Order, and he could have stayed in Kalos a bit longer if he needed to, but as it were circumstance brought Alex here to the crowd, accompanied with his frosty companion, Mistilteinn the Abomasnow. Said tree at the moment reclined gently against a fellow tree, a cool air surrounding him. One of the reasons for leaving the region and returning to the order was due to the whole theorem of certain pokemon attaining a greater power threshold, which was said to induce some pseudo evolution. The other was that he and a couple of others needed time to acclimatise to their new forms, notably the icy pokemon: After the events at their base which caused his evolution, Mist's control of his ability became highly erratic, and control of this natural skill was required.

For Alex, he needed a vacation after his unknowing possession, as well as other things, namely one last job before he was relieved of his duties as a Demonbreaker rank and became a freelancer. The whole scenario also led to a rather pressing concern of his own, one which he felt would be best kept secret for the time being.

As the crowds grew, he felt drawn towards one Kalos lady, Angelique. Perhaps it was the prospect of shopping. That last job had left him with a Walrein-sized nest egg, and it wasn't doing much lolling around in the bank. Maybe it was the fact his new goal was build a team of prospective oddballs, pokemon who evolved drastically, had possible hidden potential or a newfound trait they lacked until research had revealed a theorised new type.

Or maybe it was because she looked slightly like his newlywed wife. Who knew? Regardless of this fact, him and his Frosted Tree got together with the other trainers around her.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #25
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:

Schala watched the festivities from the back of the crowd. It was the largest group she'd seen since her journey began (and probably long before then, honestly).

She'd overheard some trainers talking excitedly about the event earlier on, and had decided to stop by. Kalos and the Pokemon that inhabited it were completely unknown to her. None of her books had ever even mentioned them, and so she had to admit that she was curious about it.

Maybe they'll have books I can borrow about their region. She mused. Of course, I'd have to talk to them first...

As the presentation went on, she realized that she'd have to talk to them anyway, at least if she wanted to see any of the new Pokemon.

Friends, huh?

She'd left Hecate in her Pokeball, because the Houndour didn't really get along with anyone except her. Given the crowd, and the fact that Schala would probably be interacting rather closely with at least one person, it was proving to be the correct decision. Schala could deal with grumpy a lot better than she'd be able to deal with the amount of fire damage to persons, property, and assorted Pokemon that would have resulted from Hecate being out for any significant amount of time.

Luckily, she had a Pokemon with a much better temperament for this sort of thing. She released her Shroomish and crouched down to speak with her.

"Airmid, it seems like we'll be meeting some...erm...new friends today." She confided.

Airmid quivered with joy for a few moments, before rushing off to gather flowers, grass, and various foliage to craft gifts. Schala belatedly hoped she wasn't intending on handing out gifts to the entire crowd.

Airmid was still busy when the presentation ended, but given that there were only eight trainers presenting, and a decently sized crowd of people, Schala was happy to hang back a bit. It gave her time to figure out which of the eight she would talk to, and maybe the crowd would thin out a bit in the meantime.

She glanced over at the trainers from Kalos, unsure. There wasn't any clear indication about which Pokemon would be found in each person's 'Safari' (not that she knew anything about the Pokemon from Kalos anyway), nor did any one of them look like they were particularly invested in one type.

"I guess I'll just go with the one that looks the easiest to talk to?" She muttered. "Or maybe just one that isn't as busy."

She spared a glance at her Shroomish, who was now wreathed in several bright flower garlands. Schala was never quite sure where all of the flowers came from.

"Are you ready to go?" She asked.

Airmid bounced up to her excitedly.

"I'll take that as a 'yes'." She sighed in response. "Let's go."

She picked up the Shroomish, accepted the bright purple flower that was offered to her, and managed to tuck it behind her ear with some maneuvering.

The crowd had thinned. She picked a trainer, took a deep breath, and headed towards him. The trainer in blue greeted her as she approached, and introduced himself as Wyatt.

"H-hi. My name's Schala. And this is Airmid." She managed to introduce herself with minimal awkwardness, although that was about the extent of her conversational skills at the moment.

The drink invitation was a surprise. She blushed and stammered out some response. It probably didn't make much sense, and she wouldn't be able to tell you what she said if you asked, but Wyatt didn't look particularly upset, so she counted it as a win.

Well, if I said yes, I can ask him about books on Kalos while there.

He offered her a Safari ball, and she shifted her grip on Airmid to grab it. The Shroomish took that as her cue, and happily offered him a garland of blue flowers in return.

At least they match. She thought with a wince.

"Um. Before we enter the Safari, I think Airmid wants to give you a gift." She spoke up, hoping that she wasn't blushing as badly as she thought she was.

Please just take it, She beseeched silently. Airmid was stubborn about gifts.

(Profile)
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records