UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 11-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
Sneaze
Mrow?

Gen VI OU - PS

Right then, before I start off, I'm just going to say my team is very aggressive, and that's kinda what I'm going for, so any suggestions please stick to that.

Female Dragonite @ Choice Band
Multiscale
Adamant - 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

Pretty standard, I went with speed over bulk since Extreme Speed isn't an option currently.

Male Diggersby @ Life Orb
Huge Power
Adamant - 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp. Def
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
-Bulk Up
-Stone Edge

Not much to say here.

Male Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid - 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Clear Smog

Pretty standard, save for Clear Smog which can really throw people off.

Female Cloyster @ King's Rock
Skill Link
Adamant - 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell

Standard set all the way across the sky.

Female Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Synchronize / Pixilate
Modest - 252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/4 Sp. Def
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Hyper Beam

Mostly a shits and giggles set, especially because Pixilate Hyper Beam is hilariously fun due to how unexpected it is.

Male Chesnaught @ Assault Vest
Bulletproof
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm
-Wood Hammer
-Body Slam

Hilariously tanky and capable of dishing out a nice bit of pain in return.

Now... before you give suggestions, for the record, I have no idea what I am doing, so... yeah. This team is 5-1 but I feel I can probably make it better. Please help.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

What do you want each of your teammates to be doing? You could probably do with transferring some of Dragonite's speed into bulk, since Adamant unboosted isn't going to be outspeeding too much. Look at what you want to outspeed and go from there. I'd actually personally suggest switching to DD Dragonite, since Banded is kinda lacking in purpose without E-Speed, but whatever floats your boat.

For Cloyster, you probably don't need more than 196 Speed EVs, which is enough to outspeed scarfed neutral base 100s after a Shell Smash. Your next major benchmark above that would be 224 EVs, outspeeding scarfed neutral base 105s. Either one is more than fast enough to outspeed most any unboosted pokemon (up to and including the 150s).
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #3
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
The one thing I wonder is for what purpose you have chosen Clear Smog over something more powerful like Sludge Bomb/Wave. I can see the benefit of it for some mons, but the usual suspects you'd want to have their stats turned back to zero are Steel type and thus immune to it's effects anyway (Lucario, Scizor) and if you want to take down something like a DD Dragonite or Mega Gyarados you'd be better off using Dazzling Gleam instead.

Also, I agree with Kin about possibly changing your own Dragonite in a DD set, take out Outrage in that case, you don't want to be locked into it with all the Fairies running around in current OU. And the DD boosts negates the loss of power by boosting that of Dragon Claw.

And another option would be to go Choice Band on Diggersby, substituting Bulk Up for Return or even better, Quick Attack. Priority is always nice to have and one with STAB, Huge Power and Band boosts will do a lot of damage even with it's low BP. And it would be excellent for revenge killing or cleaning up weakened mons late game.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Sneaze
Mrow?

Took the advice for DD 'nite and Choice Band Diggers, as well as dropping the Speed EV's on Cloyster and reappropriating them to HP. Proceeded to test out the team and laugh as Cloyster swept an entire team without issue... still need to test out how 'nite and Diggers work, though.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
Sneaze
Mrow?

So I recently swapped out Chesnaught for the following:

Genderless Metagross @ Assault Vest
Clear Body
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Hammer Arm

...best decision I ever spontaneously made. The team is a lot weaker to Ghost and Dark due to typing and not having Bulletproof to soak it up, but nobody ever expects the set. A Goodra's Flamethrower didn't even bring it down to half health after Stealth Rock.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team