UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 05-28-2017, 02:53 AM   #1
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Natu ZA/SO News and Announcements

This thread is for the use of ZAs and SOs if they wish to share any possible news or announcements with the public.

Likewise, this thread may serve as a FAQ discussion regarding said announcements, as long as discussion remains on topic.

The purpose of this thread is to provide transparency to the public about current events in the FB zones and shops.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:56 AM   #2
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Cloud Garden News:

Today the Cloud Garden welcomes Morningstar as its first ZU!

Additionally, I have developed a more in-depth list of information regarding the Cloud Garden trial challenges. Feel free to check them out here.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quick announcement: LMN has undergone a minor name change; it is now Le Marécage Noir.

After consulting with OkikuMew, a native French speaker, I have addressed certain aspects of the naming conventions used in order to make them more accurate to the intended meanings. The changes are purely in name; the zone itself has been unaltered.

- Tate

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:23 PM   #4
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

News from Birthday Bubbles Bash Venue!

After some growing pains and adaptations, some of the rules of the venue concerning Pokémon Birthdays has been patched tweaked:
  • Although before/after stats are still needed, all links are no longer required. (But if you want to put them out of habit, own personal tracking or for me to make sure you haven't done any mistakes, go ahead! It's no problem.)
  • Since there is a bit more forgiveness into when picking up presents, it is now required to mention the species of the Pokémon that you are picking up presents for. (Writing it would be the way to go, but throwing in the Pokémon's sprite works too.)
  • If a Pokémon celebrating their birthday is level 100 (before the pick-up post), the Pokémon gets to learn one EM or MT to compensate the level(s) they couldn't gain from the Birthday Candy Cake.
  • Some precision has been added in terms of learning EM and MT moves: they all have to be from the natural movepool of the Pokémon; however, if the Pokémon has learned all EM and MT moves from its natural movepool, the Pokémon can learn a non-natural MT move instead.
  • Some precision has been added in terms of learning a TM move: Just like using a TM with the new FB rules, there is no restriction to which TM can be learned.

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 06-01-2017 at 03:39 AM.
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:22 AM   #5
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Announcement Regarding the Use of Location-Based Evolutions in Zones:

The Cloud Garden is working towards adding several different evolution locations to its areas. First up: The Mossy Rock is now available in the Cloud Forest area. If you are looking for other types of evolution locations, fear not. They will be added to the CG in time. If you are looking to evolve your Pokemon at a specific area, please notify your updater.

I won't speak for the other zones of FB, but there will be plenty of opportunities to evolve your Pokemon in the future, even outside of the Cloud Garden. Stay tuned for details.

Last edited by Sandaa; 06-08-2017 at 02:35 AM.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #6
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Evolve your Pokémon at Le Marécage Noir!

La Ville des Farceurs et Voleurs is a topsy-turvy city where all sorts of strange things might happen!

Le Cimetičre des Cśurs Oubliés is an abandoned cemetery where the stone mausoleums grow thick layers of moss!

Le Marais Sacré de Celebi is an oasis in a dreary bayou, where the sun always shines!

Old 06-10-2017, 01:42 PM   #7
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

NEW FIZZ CITY ANNOUNCEMENTS

From the Desk of the Mayor...
It is with great pleasure that I may announce that Maskerade has been appointed as our city's first ZU. Please welcome Maskerade with open arms.

Additionally, there have been reports of some electromagnetic influence surrounding the outlying Power Plant. It does not seem to be affecting the power output, but it does seem to be satisfying the evolution requirements for some types of Pokémon.

Lastly, I am sure those of you who spend time on the coast have noticed the abundance of Remoraid churning the beach and harbor waters. Experts have been consulted, and they have agreed that a swarm has seemed to have moved itself in. They don't seem to be harming the natural wildlife or food chain, but do take caution when piloting motorized vessels through the known swarm areas.
Jules Brown

Last edited by Rotom310; 06-10-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Rotom310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:08 PM   #8
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Cloud Garden News:

The Cloud Garden is pleased to announce the addition of a new area!

Oran Orchard: A berry farm located to the south of the Cloud Forest that is run by a small family. The farm is an orchard that is filled with berry trees of every variety. The family likes to enlist travelers to help with various tasks in exchange for berry rewards. (Please reply in orange)

Here explorers are able to complete various tasks or mini-games in exchange for Berry rewards according to difficulty! Enjoy. :]

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 06-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #9
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Cloud Garden Double Post! Oh No!

I have clarified/refined two of the rules in the first post regarding active teams and healing Pokemon. Here are the changes:

2. Up to 6 Pokemon may be designated as the active party on one’s individual team. Pokemon on the updatee’s active team may be revealed at their own discretion. Pokemon may be switched out at a PC in any Rangers’ Cabin. If 6 Pokemon have already been revealed in an adventure and a new capture is made, updatees will be allowed to select which Pokemon will be sent to the box.
7. Several rangers’ cabins are located throughout various Cloud Garden areas. Adventurers may elect to stay the night in these cabins, heal injured Pokemon, and switch Pokemon in their active party from a PC. Please notify your ZU of your intentions before doing so.

Essentially this shouldn't effect anyone's adventures at all. It also goes without saying that Pokemon used in the Cloud Garden are allowed to be used in any other zone and shop at any given time, this rule exists solely for the Cloud Garden. The Cloud Garden is a large zone designed with the intention for adventurers to travel across the many areas. The Ranger Cabins located in the Galea Plains, Makini Sanctuary, and Moonfall Plateau exist to allow travelers to rest their Pokemon and prepare for the adventures ahead!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 06-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #10
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Attention Cloud Garden adventurers! We will be holding the first ever Cloud Garden based event! If you are adventuring in the Cloud Garden, you are welcome (and encouraged) to join in!

Here is some important information regarding the event:

• This event is only open to those who are adventuring in the Cloud Garden. If you are not currently in two of the other main RP Zones and wish to join, you may start your adventure in the Cloud Garden before event registration is over.
• This event will not interrupt any progress you have presently going on in your regular Cloud Garden adventures. You are free to continue your regular zone replies alongside the event while the event is going on.
• Up to four Pokemon may be used in this event. They do not have to be the same Pokemon that you are presently using in your regular Cloud Garden adventure. The level and movesets of the Pokemon you bring are not important.

Find out more, here:
http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost...4&postcount=89
Old 07-08-2017, 11:37 AM   #11
Patches
Shake it!

Eevee

Move Reminder is now available at The Move Tutor!

Your Pokemon can now learn a move it will learn later by leveling up for the same price as a natural move. Please cite the move you are trying to learn when making your payment by linking to Serebii's Pokedex page for your Pokemon.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #12
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Move Reminder is now available at The Move Tutor!

Your Pokemon can now learn a move it will learn later by leveling up for the same price as a natural move. Please cite the move you are trying to learn when making your payment by linking to Serebii's Pokedex page for your Pokemon.
Due to recent developments in the new Friendship system and valid concerns regarding the Move Reminder that were brought up by our members, the Move Reminder system is TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED. My sincere apologies to Patches and to those who posted in the MT as a result of this premature announcement; we will be working to get the Friendship System up and running ASAP so that the Move Reminder can begin reminding us of that which we have forgotten! Now if only I could remember where I put my keys...
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:02 AM   #13
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Announcement!

Greeting from the Adoption Center! We have some announcements to make!

Firstly, the waiting period between adoptions has been returned to its original once per calendar month. This is because the surplus of adoptable Pokémon has dwindled, and we no longer need to expedite the clearing out of space. Dates for current eligibility to adopt have not changed.

In addition, due to rising costs in care and maintenance, the base fee to adopt a Pokémon has risen from $30 to $200, with League approval. We thank you for your understanding, and endeavor to provide even better care to the Pokémon under our watch!

Thank you,

Tate

Adoption Center Manager

Old 08-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #14
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

So, I realize this is ZA/SO and not necessarily moderator news, but I figure this is the best place to post this:

During the election process, I mentioned that my term would have to be short-term, as life circumstances could draw me away from moderation duties in the future. Unfortunately, said circumstances are drawing me away sooner than anticipated - my partner and I have made the decision to purchase our first home. This will take a lot of time away from FB, and it will only get worse from here, as I anticipate this is the beginning of a chain of life-altering events.

For this reason, among recognition that the current pace of FB is unfortunately beyond what I can handle even at my current schedule, I will be retiring from my position of moderator as of December 31st, 2017.

In that time, I would like to identify, work with and ultimately replace myself with a successor (or successors), so that my absence will not be felt by the community. I will do my best to put in as much work as I can in the interim - we will work through the process in the coming weeks for narrowing down candidates.

For now, if all interested parties could provide me a PM explaining their interest and their reasons for wanting the position, we can go from there.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #15
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

News from Birthday Bubbles Bash Venue!

It isn't big news or anything, but it's still worth mentioning: As per the changes related to the use of gummis (via the defunct IQ system and introduction of the Bond system), Birthday Gummis now gives 3 Bond points~
Old 08-09-2017, 10:32 PM   #16
Sneaze
Mrow?

Breeding: Now Easier With Friends

Doctor Grossman has some great news! Through re-negotiations with our government funding, the Hatchery will no longer be adding to your personal tally for maximum breedings per year if your Pokemon breeds with a Pokemon owned by another trainer and you choose to let the owner of the breeding partner keep the hatchling! Do note that this will still count towards the maximum number of breedings allowed for that Pokemon, however, as we must keep safety for your team a top concern. Recent records have been revised to reflect this change.
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #17
deoxys
Fog Badge

Good morning/day/evening, Fizzby -

Today I wanted to announce a bit of a transition in The Black Bayou. I will be taking over as ZA for the zone effective immediately. I hope you'll have me, and I look forward to making this a fun experience for all.

Tate's updatees: We are bringing in a new updater to the zone (to be confirmed here shortly), and they will be taking on your adventures with direction and guidance from Tate to ensure as smooth a transition as possible.

Thank you
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #18
Toyo
hail

Hey everyone!

The Minnao Isles won't be accepting new intros starting August 18th. All current adventures will be finished up, but nobody can enter after the 18th.

Thanks!
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #19
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Hey peoples! Happy to announce that I am the mysterious updater that Deo was talking about and I will be stepping in and taking over the adventures Tate was updating in LMN (Balmund, Maskerade, Raves and Gemini Spark). Will be working with Tate and yourselves to make the transition as smooth as possible and continue making your LMN experience an enjoyable one.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 08-11-2017 at 11:33 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #20
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

✿~Mew ŕ la Mode Boutique Newsletter~✿

Today, after months of hard work, I am proud and excited to announce the grand opening of my Boutique, Mew ŕ la Mode! I hope to see you there with your fabulous Pokémon! It will be a pleasure for me and my team to support you in all your unique and fashionable needs! Make sure to discover all the new offered services!

~ Mélina Loiseau
Old 08-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #21
deoxys
Fog Badge

Special Announcement

Two new areas have recently opened to the public in Le Marecage Noir!

Les Catacombes de la Sombre Ruine - The Catacombs of the Dark Ruination

The Catacombs are a vast and ancient network of man-made tunnels and caverns that span a large portion of the Black Bayou’s underground. Long ago, this large, dark labyrinth was used as a final resting place for both people and Pokemon alike, their skulls and bones lining the walls and ceilings of this dreary maze of darkness. Today, a small section of the catacombs under The City of Jesters and Thieves has been turned into a tourist attraction, but a recent discovery has found that at least over 95% of this subterranean labyrinth has been untouched by human hands for hundreds of years. Aside from rumors of gateways to other realms, a recently discovered apocalyptic prophecy, and the Ground and Ghost-type Pokemon that now call this nexus of tombs home, what lies down here is a mystery literally shrouded in darkness. It would be wise to bring a Pokemon who can be a source of light…

Château du Roi Fou - Castle of the Mad King

Legends say that over a thousand years ago, Le Marécage Noir was a very different place - a vibrant land ruled by a gracious King from his extraordinary castle in the valleys to the north of the region. One dark day, the King suddenly became consumed with insatiable greed and gluttony, his subsequent self-destruction being the catalyst of a great calamity that changed the course of Fizzby history. Now just a memory of an era long forgotten, the Castle of the Mad King has weathered the tests of time, offering sanctuary to Steel and some Dragon-type Pokemon - the latter of which they say are rarer, but are drawn to the Mad King's energy that still lingers to this day...

Thank you!

Last edited by deoxys; 08-14-2017 at 06:56 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:30 PM   #22
Toyo
hail

The Minnao Isles now welcomes Meetan and Lil'twick to the updating staff. Welcome to the Isles, you two!

Updatees are getting shuffled around a bit, we'll be sure to let updatees know what's happening when we sort it out. Thanks for your understanding and patience!
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:46 AM   #23
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Hey guys, the Daycare updated has been moved from Sunday to Monday since I work Sundays.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #24
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Cloud Garden News

With the completion of the Cloud Garden’s first event, I’m pleased to announce a few changes and additions that have been implemented to the zone:

Maps and Sprites:
It will be a slow and ongoing project because I am doing this on my spare time, but I have begun making maps of various areas of the Cloud Garden! I would like to start by sharing the following areas:
Cloud Garden World Map
The Cloud Shrine
Trial Changes:
1. There is a new addition to the CG trials! You may now challenge Primrose Nightingale, heiress of the Rose Garden for a brand new challenge.
2. Additionally, in order to facilitate more freedom of movement throughout the zone, the number of trials require to advance to the second and third areas of the CG have been reduced to 1 and 3, respectively.
Oran Orchard Changes:
1. In addition to Berries, Apricorns are now added as possible rewards for completing quests in the Oran Orchard.
2. On top of that, the Applewood family of the Oran Orchards now offer a service to convert Apricorns into their corresponding Johto Pokeball forms!
Zone Move Tutors:
In order to assist in maneuvering the rough terrain of the Cloud Garden as well as helping strategize for the Cloud Garden trial challenges, the Trial Captains now offer a Move Tutor service for older HM moves. Each training session lasts for a couple of updates and one Pokemon may train at a time. Ask your local trial captain for more information! Here are the following moves that are now implemented. More options may be added in the near future:
Cut – Cloud Forest – Samuel Flint
Fly – Cloud Shrine – Jet Avalon
Surf – Starline River – Marina Swift
Flash – Stone Shrine – Ishi Madoka
Rock Smash – Stone Shrine – Ishi Madoka
Waterfall – Starline Waterfall – Marina Swift
Defog – Cloud Shrine – Jet Avalon
I hope you enjoy, and stay tuned for the next Cloud Garden event coming soon! For more information, please check out the Cloud Garden's Glossary

Last edited by Sandaa; 10-03-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:54 PM   #25
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

✿~Mew ŕ la Mode Boutique Newsletter~✿

Have you recently had your Pokémon to wear a special costume for a job, and loved it so much you wish you could keep it? Maybe you helped out a groomer that would love to pay you back by showing their work on your Furfrou? Perhaps an artist wants to make your Pokédex his next masterpiece? Or you actually went through a grueling adventure that literally left a mark on your Pokémon?

Ben j'ai des bonnes nouvelles pour toé! As of now, zones are able to give any Boutique-related services and items as a reward! Here's the added rules related to this:
  • Your updator has to clearly state that the Boutique-related reward is given and that it has to be registered/picked up in the Boutique. Otherwise, it's Boutique business as usual.
    • Please make sure you specify in your post that it is a zone reward registration/pickup; Otherwise I will assume it is a normal request.
  • While registration/collect of a Boutique-related zone reward is free, (I mean, it's a reward, jeez) spriting fees are still applied if requested.
  • When registering zone-acquired special characteristics, the justification/origin needs to be a detailed but abridged version of where/how the special characteristic was acquired in the adventure. A link to said adventure is not required, but highly recommended.
  • If a zone-acquired special characteristic should overwrite an existing one, the Natural Spray to remove only the existing, overwritten special characteristic will be free.
  • While all other Boutique rules are applied as normal, as zone-adventuring often gets you in unusual places and situations, some Boutique rules concerning special characteristics can be more flexible, depending on how fitting it is to the scenario of the adventure:
    • Deformities/handicaps: The deformity/handicap of the Pokémon can be something that isn't naturally occurring in the real world.
    • Size: The Pokémon's proportions can go beyond the minimum/maximum limits (so smaller than 33% or bigger than 200%), and more leeway can be given for different weight/height proportions.

Happy adventuring! Be careful out there though!

~ Mélina Loiseau

Last edited by OkikuMew; 10-22-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out