★★★★

Health Gauge: 100%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Challengers:
  • lilboocorsola, Houndour: 500 HP
  • Prof.Enigma, Houndoom: 500 HP
  • Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 500 HP
  • Sneaze, Houndoom: 600 HP

The cacophony of barks and howls surrounding Fizzy Power Co. were nothing new to the workers inside, what with the small pack the Leader called his own, but with three new voices added into the mix, it was a sight to be seen. One the freshly Dynamaxed boss Chandelure could only stare down at in confusion. Was this not a power plant? The boss looked back and forth between the dogs and the reactors for a moment before deciding it didn't matter, and flared up the flames atop its body and arms in defiance before the racket below could summon any more pups to fight against it.

Dynamax Initiative: Missingno. Master, Houndoom.
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Sunday, October 10th to place your order.
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:59 PM   #2
Sneaze
Diamonds 20% Off

Howl (0 BP)

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno
How do I even edit my signature?
Old 10-07-2021, 06:44 PM   #3
lilboocorsola
Reboot

Lil' Bluey

*Sheik glances a little jealously at all the surrounding Evolved species members before SNARLing (55 BP) at the opponent*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:16 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
Wild Missingno. appeared!

The time had finally come. The fabled Doom Pack rose up at last, uniting to tackle a common enemy. Three Houndoom and a singular Shiny Houndour, all of them had turned up to tackle this massive light fixture before things could get out of hand, and as things looked to be getting underway, Peeves noticed something right away- a glow coming from the Dynamax Band he held. "Huh. Seriously?" he murmured, eyeing the band. "Well, alright," he shrugged, managing to slip the band onto his wrist. Then, with that hand, he gripped Ruby's Poké Ball, held it out, aimed it right at the Houndoom...

...who deftly sidestepped the recall beam.

"What the-" Peeves muttered, not having expected this in the slightest. Taking aim, he tried again, and this time, Ruby rolled over to evade the beam. "Ruby, will you stop-" he began as he tried to withdraw the Houndoom again; this time, a nice, quick jump let her evade the beam. "For the love of- I'm trying to Dynamax you- will you hold still- Ruby, what in the name of the balls on Ash Ketchum's belt-"

"STOP!" Ruby barked at long last after dodging the recall beam for the ninth time.

"...You do realize I'm trying to Dynamax you, right?" Peeves pointed out, using his free hand to point to the Wishing Star in the Dynamax Band he wore, which was aglow with Dynamax Energy. "That's a good thing. Haven't you ever seen any of the raid battles Diana Macks has covered on the TV news?"

"I know what you're trying to do," responded Ruby, sounding uncharacteristically serious. "But look." And Peeves followed her gaze, seeing the Shiny Houndour. And more to the point, seeing the look of slight jealousy said Houndour bore at the sight of her evolved forms before she went into a Snarl attack against Chandelure.

"...Oh," Peeves murmured, his singular eyebrow rising. He let the hand clutching Ruby's Poké Ball fall to his side.

"Now do you see?" Ruby murmured back. "She should be the one to Dynamax. Not me. She needs a chance to prove she belongs among the Doom Pack, and I would not deprive her."

"I'm still not sure I get this Doom Pack deal," shrugged Peeves. "But this at least I can understand." He slipped the Dynamax Band back off his wrist, and casually tossed it and the Poké Ball back into his stomach mouth. "Heh," he chuckled. "Swear to Arceus, if this makes me Dynamax- Ruby, I'm joking, I'm joking," he added hastily at the glare he was getting from the Houndoom.

"...Right," nodded Ruby, turning her attention back to the battle. "So what now?"

"Well, what now is we attack," said Peeves. "And by we, I apparently mean you. Doom Pack. Right. I'm guessing we're thinking physical move, after that Howl," he continued.

"Naturally," nodded Ruby. "Damn, I wish I knew Crunch..."

"I'm frankly amazed you still haven't been able to learn it yet," stated Peeves. "Ah, well. I guess Feint Attack will have to do, yeah?"

"Sounds like a plan," agreed Ruby, before rushing in to strike the Chandelure.

OOC: Ruby used Feint Attack (60 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-07-2021 at 09:22 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:45 AM   #5
Prof.Enigma
That time of the year!

Dark Pulse 80 BP

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:02 PM   #6
Sneaze
Diamonds 20% Off

Dynamax Boss Chandelure
★★★★

Health Gauge: 87%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Boss Attack Summary:
Max Phantasm (140 BP)
  • Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 342 HP
  • Houndoom's Defense fell!
  • Houndour's Defense fell!
Skitter Smack (70 BP)
  • Prof.Enigma, Houndoom: 395 HP
  • Houndoom's Special Attack fell!
Raid Challengers:
  • lilboocorsola, Houndour: 500 HP [Atk +1, Def -1]
  • Prof.Enigma, Houndoom: 395 HP [Atk +1, Def -1, SpAtk -1]
  • Missingno. Master, Houndoom: 342 HP [Atk +1, Def -1]
  • Sneaze, Houndoom: 600 HP [Atk +1, Def -1]

A quick Howl starts the raiders off, boosting the Attack of the lot. What follows is a salvo of Dark attacks for some decent early damage before the boss gets its turn. A Max Phantasm strikes one of the Houndooms, lowering the Defense of them all, before a Skitter Smack comes out to strike another, lowering its Special Attack. With stats altered all around, things start off fairly heated.

Dynamax Initiative: Sneaze, Houndoom.
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Thursday, October 21st to place your order.

Last edited by Sneaze; 10-18-2021 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:40 PM   #7
Prof.Enigma
That time of the year!

Using FOUL PLAY! ( 95 BP )

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:29 PM   #8
Missingno. Master
Wild Missingno. appeared!

Huh," Ruby frowned, tilting her head. Their combined efforts thus far had dealt considerable damage to Chandelure, but Keith's Houndoom seemed... unsatisfied with the results, somehow.

Peeves tilted his head. The Dusknoir didn't exactly see the problem here- he too had bore witness to the considerable damage that they had inflicted upon Chandelure thus far. "Something wrong, Ruby?" Peeves asked.

"Not... necessarily, just..." began the Houndoom uncertainly. "Why was I the only one to use a physical move? Howl powered up our Attack. Snarl I can understand, certainly, since that weakens Chandelure's attacks, I absolutely can understand that one, but... what was the idea with the Dark Pulse? Surely Bite or Feint Attack would have been stronger with the boost we all received from the Howl"

"I'm not sure," shrugged Peeves. "I feel like some people just... underestimate the value of boosts like that." Indeed, as though to drive the point home, he had no idea that, some distance away, in another Power Spot, this exact manner of misunderstanding resulted in a woefully not very effective Max Starfall striking a Gigantamax Garbodor directly as opposed to chip away at an expected shield. Though make no mistake, he was gonna hear all about that later on.

"It would seem so," concurred the Houndoom. Now, however, her mind already appeared to have gone elsewhere; she could now be seen glancing anxiously around at her fellow Doom Pack members. "...damn it," she sighed upon spotting one of the Trainers in particular.

"Well, now what?" asked Peeves, raising his one and only eyebrow. Once again, he didn't see the problem here.

"It still hasn't yet gone to the young one," murmured Ruby, turning her glance to the Shiny Houndour once more.

"What hasn't- ah," nodded the Dusknoir as he looked around, and in an instant, also realized exactly what Ruby was talking about; the Dynamax Energy. It had slipped free of the Dynamax Band the Dusknoir was packing, and was now presenting itself to another Trainer. And that another Trainer was not the Trainer of the Shiny Houndour. "Well, I mean, it keeps moving from person to person," he said reasonably. "Surely it's just a matter of time, right?" he shrugged.

"It had better be," growled Ruby, looking back over at the Trainer who had just received the Dynamax Energy.

"...ooookaaay, then," Peeves murmured. "So... Ruby? The battle? Can we focus?" He hoped very dearly he wasn't going to have to stop Ruby from attacking an ally, and yet, he had the sinking feeling that if anyone other than this Shiny Houndour Dynamaxed in this raid battle, then that's just what he would have to do.

"...right. Yes," nodded Ruby, and to Peeves's relief, the Houndoom turned her attention back to Chandelure. "Well... I see no reason to simply repeat what I did last time," she shrugged.

"So, Feint Attack, then?" said Peeves. "Makes sense to me. Alrighty, then- have at it," he shrugged, gesturing to the Chandelure. And just like that, Ruby was off once more.

OOC: Ruby used Feint Attack (60 BP).
Old 10-20-2021, 10:26 PM   #9
lilboocorsola
Reboot

Lil' Bluey

FOUL PLAY (95 BP)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League