UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 10-21-2020, 07:27 PM   #51
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorchic View Post
I don't think that's a concern, as one raider is only allowed to participate in two raids a month.

Anyway, I'm okay with the changes and would not be against trying them out; if other people want to let the new rules accommodate for real-life situations, I support that as well.
My assumption was that these would accumulate. Meaning a DQ in one month would be strike one, a DQ in a subsequent month would be strike two, etc.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:41 PM   #52
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ghidorah View Post
My assumption was that these would accumulate. Meaning a DQ in one month would be strike one, a DQ in a subsequent month would be strike two, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
For clarification, these offenses mean full disqualification from a raid, not simply receiving a disqualification warning for missing a single order. These offenses will also reset monthly, meaning offenses in November would not affect you in January.
Emphasis mine.

Unless I am misinterpreting the bolded segment, I don't think DQs will carry over to another month.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 07:50 PM   #53
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyShell View Post
Emphasis mine.

Unless I am misinterpreting the bolded segment, I don't think DQs will carry over to another month.
Yep, you’re right. I missed that part.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:55 PM   #54
myahoo
Soul Badge

I'm good with test-running this.
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #55
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Question: I was wondering, how does one become a Deputy Gym Leader? Do they apply in the same way that one applies to become a (regular) Gym Leader, or in some other way?
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 11:51 AM   #56
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Basically just talk to the Gym Leader who you wish to assist and see if they're looking for a deputy, then you'll be tested similar to how GLs would

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 05:36 PM   #57
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Apologies for the short notice, but the GLs and I have been developing a new system that we wish to implement on the new year and would like to take a moment to gauge the reactions of the community first. While we recognize that the overall sentiment of the FB community is to make things less shop-based, there is also a sizeable desire for more opportunities to grow and develop everyone’s Pokemon. So without further ado, I’d like to give the initial introduction of Gym Memberships, a system that will hopefully be used to overhaul and expand the Gym mechanic in many different directions beyond simply raids!

Gym Memberships
1. All members of FB may become affiliated with a single gym. The only requirement is that they must own at least 1 Pokemon that features the gym’s primary or secondary type. You may switch affiliations to another gym, but one month must have passed since your previous sign-up. Gym Leaders and Deputies are automatically affiliated with their own gyms and are unable to change.
Drop Off Times: The 1st through 7th Days of the Month
Pick Up Times: Begins on the Final Day of the Month
2. Once per month you may drop off one Pokemon for a training service with your affiliated gym. Requirements: The Pokemon you drop off for training must correspond with either the primary or secondary typing of the affiliated gym. You have an option of two types of training services:
Strength Training: Your Pokemon gains +3 levels. Not effected by Max Bond.

Technique Training: Your Pokemon gains 1 natural MT/EM move of your choosing and 1 TM/TR move of the Gym Leader’s choosing. TM/TR will be announced by the Gym Leader at the beginning of the month. TM/TR training may be learned unnaturally if the Bond requirement is met.
3. This service will be an honor system; you will be in charge of documenting your own gained levels or moves, and whether or not they are legally unnatural. If it is discovered that you are taking advantage of the honor system, there will be penalties. Extended-stay drop offs are not permitted.
While I acknowledge that these services might seem like they are stepping on the toes of the Daycare, Move Tutor, and Calendar to a degree, please realize that these services are optional and offer free opportunities for those who wish to develop their Pokemon rosters when progress might feel stagnant otherwise. Feedback is greatly appreciated and unless there is warranted opinions on why this service might need a more in-depth discussion, the goal is to implement this in January.

One other announcement I would like to make is that following TKF’s announcement of him stepping down from his duties as a mod, the NeoKnight Gym will be closing as well.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:23 PM   #58
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
So quick announcement for changes coming to raids next month.

First of all, we will be changing Watt Rewards for all Raid levels. We feel that a lot of people are rushing certain raids because of their Watt yields alone, and due to this bringing Pokemon ill-equipped to handling the raid boss. Thus, all watt rewards will be 40 Watts across all raid tiers. This was people have more time to strategize in bringing Pokemon to a specific raid and can work together to make sure that they are well equipped to handle the boss.

To make up for this, 5* raids will have further changes to their rewards. They will now give out one 50 Watt tier TR, instead of the standard 25 Watt pool. 3 and 4 * raids will not have their rewards changed. 3* raids are designed for pokemon explicitly under Lv. 30, and we do encourage Fizzytopians to bring their Pokemon under those levels to those raids. 4* raids are considered the standard for raids, and thus will have the standard amount of rewards.

In addition to the changes to these rewards, we will also be adjusting the levels gained in raids, to help incentivize people bringing the intended level ranged pokemon to a raid. For 4* raids, levels gained for Pokemon in the 400 HP Bracket (30-59), will receive 6 levels. For 5* Raids, Pokemon in the 500 HP Bracket (60+) will receive 6 levels. We hope that these changes will help with the overall raiding environment as well as raids not having to be flooded.

Additionally, all evasion abilities will not work in raids. This is primarily just Snow Cloak and Sand Veil, but this will be the case going forward and will include any potential future abilities that get added. If a Gym Leader messes up with the ability, it will not be able to be changed and the boss will not have an ability for the raid.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:43 PM   #59
Lil'twick
Insanity

We are proud to announce that we are having two new Gym Leaders joining our ranks. We would like to community to extend a warm welcome to King Ghidorah and Pearl's Perap as our newest gym leaders. KG will be running the Evenfall Academy Gym, a Psychic and Dark gym. PP will be running the Ancient Aerie Gym, a Flying and Rock gym. They will be posting their gyms soon and will be joining us for hosting raids starting next month.

As well, we are announcing the changes we brought up to levels and rewards will be official changes, and will be in place starting next month.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-20-2021, 04:30 PM   #60
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Following the discovery of alien metal beneath the lakebed and subsequent increase in seismic activity, the phantoms of Loch Bygone have vacated the premises, though sightings of steel pokemon have increased in the area. With some discussion among the Fizzytopian Gym system, Loch Bygone's secondary type has officially been changed from Ghost to Steel.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:03 PM   #61
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Throughout the course of the past year or so, countless raid battles across the region of Fizzytopia have caused a surge of powerful energy to build up underneath the Power Spots where various gyms are located. Like a volcanic eruption, there have been observations of this energy reservoir to engulf the Power Spot and imbue raid bosses with extraordinary strength and abilities. Similar to Gigantamax Raid Bosses, these opponents are incredibly dangerous and need to be dealt with urgently. These raid battles are referred to as Hard-Mode raids and will require the strongest and bravest Pokemon Trainers to take them down!

Here are a few things to know about Hard Mode Raids Battles:
  • Hard Mode Raids will have a 5★ difficulty level.
  • Raid bosses have exhibited higher levels of intelligence and cunning. In standard raid battles, attacks by raid bosses are decided before targets are selected randomly, whereas in Hard Mode raid battles this process is reversed.
  • Hard Mode raid bosses have been observed using a stronger Shockwave ability than standard raid bosses. Dubbed ‘Max Shockwave’, in addition to clearing all stat changes, statuses, mental statuses, and resetting abilities, it will also grant the raid boss 1 turn of immunity from all types of effects that can be cleared/reset.
  • Hard Mode raid bosses have also exhibited special traits that alter the course of battle. It’s very important to take these effects into account when planning for raid battles and will be announced in advance. Each Hard Mode raid boss will have one unique trait for each battle.
  • Rewards will be similar to Gigantamax Raid rewards, but you might be able to find something a little unique in them as well.
Over the course of the month, Typhon’s Depths Gym Leader Gary has been carefully monitoring the changes to the terrain of his gym following the events of the Turtonator Raid Battle. Strange rocky spikes have formed out of the reef and seem to be pulsing with powerful draconic energy. A pair of supersized Dreepy silhouettes have been observed circling the dark depths of the ocean below the Power Spot and Gary fears that something much larger and fearsome will be returning soon. The ominous shadows seem to be operating in perfect sync with each other, and Gary has taken diligent notes as he prepares for the worst.

Raid Boss Dragapult Hard Mode Trait: Synchronized Sortie
Single-Target attacks affect 2 foes at once. Max Moves do not apply this effect.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:29 AM   #62
Lil'twick
Insanity

With the recent events that have just transpired, King Ghidorah has decided to step down as a Gym Leader, with Evenfall Academy closing starting next month. The remaining gym leaders have discussed what we wish to do, and we all have agreed on closing down raids for the month of May while we focus on restructuring and balance, as well as on the community. As compensation, we will be giving away 80 Watts and a TR of Choice to everyone. Please quote this post to claim your Watts and TR. We hope we can have raids fully running again in June, and any ongoing raids will have their deadlines extended until the end of May as well.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-19-2021, 06:56 AM   #63
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
With the recent events that have just transpired, King Ghidorah has decided to step down as a Gym Leader, with Evenfall Academy closing starting next month. The remaining gym leaders have discussed what we wish to do, and we all have agreed on closing down raids for the month of May while we focus on restructuring and balance, as well as on the community. As compensation, we will be giving away 80 Watts and a TR of Choice to everyone. Please quote this post to claim your Watts and TR. We hope we can have raids fully running again in June, and any ongoing raids will have their deadlines extended until the end of May as well.
Claiming said watts and TR, declaring TR to be Sludge Bomb.
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:02 AM   #64
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Claiming Watts and TR Brave Bird, which I am promptly teaching to my Toucannon, Sonia.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:04 AM   #65
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Claiming 80 watts and declaring TR to be Hurricane.

Will teach Hurricane to my Rowlet (bond: 29)
Old 04-19-2021, 10:16 AM   #66
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Claiming the 80 Watts and picking up a TR Thunder to teach to my Solosis. Thanks.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:49 AM   #67
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
*Obtained 80 Watts!*

*Keith obtained a TR90 Play Rough!*
Old 04-19-2021, 11:18 AM   #68
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Will be claiming the watts and a TR Hurricane as well.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-19-2021, 12:45 PM   #69
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
Claiming my 80 Watts and TR Psychic Fangs

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:55 PM   #70
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
Collecting 80 Watts and TR Hurricane.
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:01 PM   #71
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
A bit unfortunate, but it could certainly be worse. Here's hoping things get better~

*Obtained 80 Watts!*
*Obtained TR Muddy Water x1*

Using my new TR Muddy Water on Larvitar...
*Larvitar learned TR Muddy Water!*
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:30 AM   #72
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Picking up 80 Watts & 1x TR DARKEST LARIAT.

Teaching TR DARKEST LARIAT to Sneasel with 41 Bond.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 04-29-2021 at 06:48 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:29 PM   #73
Sneaze
Mrow?

In an effort to further assist in the growth of Pokemon to be considered "Raid Viable", as well as Adventure Viable, the Gym Training program has kicked it up a notch! Starting May 1st, all Pokemon dropped off for Gym Training with receive both Strength Training and Technique Training, so you no longer have to choose between the two!

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:07 PM   #74
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Picking up 80 watts and TR Darkest Lariat that I teach to my Tynamo with 50 bond. Ty!
Old 05-01-2021, 02:09 PM   #75
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
apparently powerup punch isn't a tr. Switching for Leech Life.

Last edited by CrazyCreeperKid; 05-01-2021 at 02:15 PM.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League