UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 10:06 AM   #151
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Shadow-

You couldn't help but stare at the scientist as you followed him. He did seem handsome, after all, despite his obviously unkempt appearance. Maybe if he cleaned up a bit more... or not. There was a certain charm to it. Though, you could tell he was a little uncomfortable by your lack of formality.

"Well, Archen tend to be rowdy but are timid at the end of the day. If they see danger, they give up and run away instead of trying to fight back. As for Tyrunt, most of them have Strong Jaws and need to teeth often. That could be where yours biting everything could come from," he responds as you two walk.

Seeing him stop, you follow suit. Peering over, you see him entering a key code into a panel, and watch as a door in front of you opens. He enters, and you enter behind him. Looking around, you see a large terrarium in front of you with various fossil species within. Surrounding that are various scientists, observing the behaviors of the species within.

Besides that, there is a sense of chaos as various workers haul fossils around the lab, while others are frantically running with papers in hand. It was certainly chaotic here, but everyone was used to it. Organized chaos, in its purest form.

You also hear a loud hum and see a blocked-off room to the right. A placard is next to it, stating "Restoration and Revival". It looked like this was the place where people could revive their fossils, as well as for the scientists to revive their own for research.

"Welcome to Paleontology Hatchley. Make sure you watch your step, as you can see it's never a dull moment here. Now, let's go to the training room. That'll be the best way to observe your Tyrunt and analyze it," he talks to you and then points to another door.

Going through it, you see a rocky field with a singular training dummy in the center. It definitely felt prehistoric, especially with the warm humidity permeating the room. You then see Dr. Richards head up a staircase and enter a room that overlooked the arena. He begins to speak through the microphone.

"Okay, let out your Tyrunt please and give it some orders to attack the dummy," he asks of you.

What do you do?

Dragons-

You send out your Dreepy next, even so, there was an obvious disadvantage here. Yet, you seem resolved to make sure you win this. After all, you couldn't lose your first match here! So, it was time to try and strategize. Gabite was mostly healthy, while your Dreepy was at full health. Zigzagoon could most likely be felled with one good attack or two, so it best to focus on the Poochyena.

Your little ghost serpent begins to use double team, creating copies of herself. Meanwhile, your Gabite rushes towards the Poochyena, and uses its claws to smash it like it was a rock. While weak, the fighting-type move was super effective. You also see a blue aura around it, the Pokemon's defense dropping. So far, so good!

"Okay, Poochyena, use Oder Slueth on the Dreepy!" the youngster orders.

You see the hyena-dog begin to smell around, before sniffing out the real Mimsy. Well, this wasn't good. You then see the ground erupt beneath your Gabite, the Zigzagoon finishes its Dig attack. It was a good hit, for sure, but your Gabite only looked a bit winded from it. Though, it also hurt the Zigzagoon from your Pokemon's Rough Skin. Perhaps you could get the advantage now...

What do you do?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-24-2022, 10:46 AM   #152
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Dragons-

You send out your Dreepy next, even so, there was an obvious disadvantage here. Yet, you seem resolved to make sure you win this. After all, you couldn't lose your first match here! So, it was time to try and strategize. Gabite was mostly healthy, while your Dreepy was at full health. Zigzagoon could most likely be felled with one good attack or two, so it best to focus on the Poochyena.

Your little ghost serpent begins to use double team, creating copies of herself. Meanwhile, your Gabite rushes towards the Poochyena, and uses its claws to smash it like it was a rock. While weak, the fighting-type move was super effective. You also see a blue aura around it, the Pokemon's defense dropping. So far, so good!

"Okay, Poochyena, use Oder Slueth on the Dreepy!" the youngster orders.

You see the hyena-dog begin to smell around, before sniffing out the real Mimsy. Well, this wasn't good. You then see the ground erupt beneath your Gabite, the Zigzagoon finishes its Dig attack. It was a good hit, for sure, but your Gabite only looked a bit winded from it. Though, it also hurt the Zigzagoon from your Pokemon's Rough Skin. Perhaps you could get the advantage now...

What do you do?
Dracen gritted his teeth in frustration. I should've considered that. Of course they'd have ways around evasion strategies... Shaking his head, he realized he couldn't waste time reprimanding himself - he had to move forward and strike back. He weighed his options carefully, wondering what to do. With the Zigzagoon back on the field, it was a tough call, as he couldn't keep the pressure up enough to prevent both Zigzagoon and Poochyena from firing off big moves next turn. I could have Gabite Rock Smash the Poochyena again, maybe try to force it to Protect instead of hurting Mimsy... No, that'd leave the Zigzagoon wide open. Even if I had Mimsy Dragon Pulse at it, her offenses aren't strong enough to scare the Trainer into playing more carefully. I need a way to get her... safely... off the field, of course, that's it! He straightened up suddenly, struck by the idea like lightning. Then, I can... yes, that's perfect! With a decisive swing of his arm, he gave his order.

"Mimsy, Phantom Force! Once she's out, Gabite, shake the field with Bulldoze!"

Mimsy tilted her head quizzically. Facing a Normal-Type and a Dark-Type, surely a Ghost move was the worst choice? But Dracen gave her a thumbs-up, so she shrugged and prepared to use the move. Gabite, more used to his Trainer's nonsense, simply saluted with one claw and turned back to the battlefield, ready to give it his all.

More risky plays, Dracen conceded. It'll leave her open next turn, but it's the best chance we've got! Mimsy's Attack ain't bad and she's using her own Type to boot, so with its Defense down that Poochyena should take quite the hit even through its resistance!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 04-01-2022, 04:19 PM   #153
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Shadow-

You couldn't help but stare at the scientist as you followed him. He did seem handsome, after all, despite his obviously unkempt appearance. Maybe if he cleaned up a bit more... or not. There was a certain charm to it. Though, you could tell he was a little uncomfortable by your lack of formality.

"Well, Archen tend to be rowdy but are timid at the end of the day. If they see danger, they give up and run away instead of trying to fight back. As for Tyrunt, most of them have Strong Jaws and need to teeth often. That could be where yours biting everything could come from," he responds as you two walk.

Seeing him stop, you follow suit. Peering over, you see him entering a key code into a panel, and watch as a door in front of you opens. He enters, and you enter behind him. Looking around, you see a large terrarium in front of you with various fossil species within. Surrounding that are various scientists, observing the behaviors of the species within.

Besides that, there is a sense of chaos as various workers haul fossils around the lab, while others are frantically running with papers in hand. It was certainly chaotic here, but everyone was used to it. Organized chaos, in its purest form.

You also hear a loud hum and see a blocked-off room to the right. A placard is next to it, stating "Restoration and Revival". It looked like this was the place where people could revive their fossils, as well as for the scientists to revive their own for research.

"Welcome to Paleontology Hatchley. Make sure you watch your step, as you can see it's never a dull moment here. Now, let's go to the training room. That'll be the best way to observe your Tyrunt and analyze it," he talks to you and then points to another door.

Going through it, you see a rocky field with a singular training dummy in the center. It definitely felt prehistoric, especially with the warm humidity permeating the room. You then see Dr. Richards head up a staircase and enter a room that overlooked the arena. He begins to speak through the microphone.

"Okay, let out your Tyrunt please and give it some orders to attack the dummy," he asks of you.

What do you do?
“Woah...” Hatchley utters as he steps into the bustling laboratory. In stark contrast to the lobby below, the scientists in the paleo lab move as though all of their asses are on fire. It’s as though they’re on the verge of making the breakthrough of the century, even if he knows secondhand that the fervor is probably because a typo has just caused someone else’s research to become a historic bust, instead.

It’s a welcome change, though; everywhere he looks, he can sense an adventurous spirit burning within the people who work here. Maybe delving into research papers and lab equipment is its own kind of journey, though admittedly, the toughest beast for Dragon Trainer to tame is his own restlessness. No matter how energetic the atmosphere, an office is still an office, and he can hardly imagine spending even a fifth of his job sitting down in one place.

Maybe if he stuck around and watched, he might figure out what all the fuss is about. Then again, with all the impenetrable jargon his father throws around when discussing his own work, it’s more likely that it will sail miles over his head. Besides, the look on Dr. Richard’s face says that Hatchley should be more concerned with assisting the man who’s trying to help him, right now.

Quietly, Hatchley follows his directions through the chaotic lab, and enters into the test chamber. The first thing that hits him is the sudden humidity change, like he’d just stepped out of the house on a hot summer day back in Undella Town. Even just standing here is drawing sweat from his sea-soaked pores, but it seems this jurassic soup is just the kind of atmosphere that Prince likes.

Maybe he’ll actually behave a little bit while we're in here, he thinks.

A flash of light fills the room as Hatchley pops open his Pokeball, releasing Prince in the middle of the rocky field. The dinosaur is taken by his insatiably curious ways in an instant, and he spends his first few moments of freedom stomping around the room, testing the edibility of every rock in his sight.

“Prince! Training time!” Hatchley calls sternly. Tyrunt gets up from a fruitless leap toward the observation deck and rushes to his Trainer’s side, bouncing on his feet excitedly as he awaits his orders. Even getting him to settle down this much is significant progress, but unfortunately directing him presents a completely separate challenge.

Deep breaths. You can do this, you just gotta show you’re in-control! Order your move like sis would order it!

The Dragon Tamer pulls his arm back as though he were winding up for a haymaker. Dust kicks up beneath his heels as he drops into an unshakable stance, supporting his weight as his arm flies forward! Rather than throwing a punch, however, Hatchley instead hits the dummy with a dramatic finger point, drawing Prince’s gaze toward his target!

“Now! Poison Fang!”

A sickly light pours from Prince’s fangs as he rears down and whips his tail aggressively. It’s the right move, but... he’d been caught by surprise at this stage, before. Hatchley carefully tracks the position of Tyrunt’s eyes, and sure enough he notices those reptilian pupils narrow in on himself, rather than the dummy!

Tyrunt charges forward, his maw gaping as he prepares to tear through his target with septic fangs! Acting swiftly, Hatchley steps back from where he’d been standing, and shrouds his body within his cloak! The dinosauce is repelled by the cloth the moment he so much as grazes it, sparing the Dragon Tamer’s arm yet another row of brightly-colored sutures.

Relief soon gives way to disappointment, however, as Hatchley plops down atop the rocks, cheeks resting on his palms as he watches Tyrunt rub his nose off in the dirt. Embarrassment burns his face as he glances at the observation window, wondering at just what sort of unflattering notes they’re taking up there.

The teen sighs deeply, and simply waits for Dr. Richard’s next direction.

Last edited by ShadowDRGN; 04-01-2022 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:05 PM   #154
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dragons-

With your orders given, you watch as your Dreepy disappears. This semi-invulnerable state would be more than enough protection for the round. It also further played into your strategy. It helped prevent friendly fire, which you desperately needed to avoid if you wished to get the advantage. This match could soon be turned around, you just needed some luck.

You watch as your Gabite raises its claw once more in salute, before beginning to stomp on the ground. The Bulldoze ignored your Dreepy entirely, but the shockwaves hit both the Zigzagoon and the Poochyena. The spread move proved useful, as the hyena's lowered defense meant it took more damage. You also had the added bonus of Zigzagoon crumpling to the ground, knocked out. Seemed your opponent didn't have enough reaction time to this, as the Phantom Force threw him for a loop. Good.

"Zigzagoon, return! Well, I have to wait until my Poochyena reacts before sending out my final Pokemon... Okay, Poochyena, Play Rough with the Gabite!" he orders.

You watch as the hyena begins to "play" around your Dragon. Small hearts emerge as it gives a rapid series of strikes, the fairy move doing super effective damage against the Dragon. While not enough to knock it out, you could tell your Pokemon was in critical health. This was bad, even if you had the Pokemon lead now.

"Now, time for my final partner. Shroomish, go!" the youngster shouts. You see the Hoenn mushroom emerge, seeming ready for a fight.

What do you do?

Shadow-

You send out your Tyrunt, and try your best to show off a powerful stance. A commanding air surrounds you as your give your Tyrunt the order for Poison Fang, but it wasn't enough. The disobedient dino turned towards you, ready to attack once more. Poison coated his jaws, and he launched himself forward to bite you instead. With some quick reactions, you avoid being bitten, but this wasn't a good start in the slightest.

"Disobedience isn't exactly uncommon amongst Tyrunt species. Part of the root name for the Pokemon is the word "Tyrant". They only respect trainers who have shown they can be a true leader... Thus, usually not recommended for beginners," you hear the doctor state through the intercom.

"You certainly did well, but I need further data. Usually disobedience doesn't involve attacking the trainer. Order another biting attack, but perhaps one that won't... leave you more bodily damage than necessary. If I can observe the force of the bite against you, that could be better data analysis for us.. Of course, I will contact the medical team to be on standby," he continues.

It wasn't surprising that this department would have the medical team on speed dial. Fossils were revived ancient Pokemon. Most of them were known to be aggressive and dangerous. Besides your Tyrunt, and Archen as mentioned earlier... there were species such as Cranidos and Aerodactyl. Even things such as Dracovish were known for their aggression. It was both a relief and frustrating, hearing the doctor's analysis though. That this was uncommon amongst the Pokemon.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-04-2022, 11:05 PM   #155
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Shadow-

You send out your Tyrunt, and try your best to show off a powerful stance. A commanding air surrounds you as your give your Tyrunt the order for Poison Fang, but it wasn't enough. The disobedient dino turned towards you, ready to attack once more. Poison coated his jaws, and he launched himself forward to bite you instead. With some quick reactions, you avoid being bitten, but this wasn't a good start in the slightest.

"Disobedience isn't exactly uncommon amongst Tyrunt species. Part of the root name for the Pokemon is the word "Tyrant". They only respect trainers who have shown they can be a true leader... Thus, usually not recommended for beginners," you hear the doctor state through the intercom.

"You certainly did well, but I need further data. Usually disobedience doesn't involve attacking the trainer. Order another biting attack, but perhaps one that won't... leave you more bodily damage than necessary. If I can observe the force of the bite against you, that could be better data analysis for us.. Of course, I will contact the medical team to be on standby," he continues.

It wasn't surprising that this department would have the medical team on speed dial. Fossils were revived ancient Pokemon. Most of them were known to be aggressive and dangerous. Besides your Tyrunt, and Archen as mentioned earlier... there were species such as Cranidos and Aerodactyl. Even things such as Dracovish were known for their aggression. It was both a relief and frustrating, hearing the doctor's analysis though. That this was uncommon amongst the Pokemon.

What do you do?
The doctor’s insight is indeed both a great relief and a source of irritation. Of course Dragon Pokemon weren’t meant for beginners, that part was obvious. If his father wanted to get him an easy Pokemon to raise, he would’ve received something that would grow into a dragon, instead; Charmander, Swablu, even Trapinch would’ve been much more appropriate partners than a prehistoric lizard.

That said, he can’t deny that there’s some use in knowing that this behavior is odd even for Tyrunt. Figuring out why would be far more helpful, though. Is it due to his Pokemon’s personality, or something more to do with his outstanding lack of experience? After all, with Tyrunt being so rare and fearsome, has anyone except him ever really managed to make one their starter?

The teen stares at Prince for a good, long while, simply watching the dino roll across the floor. His copper-tinted scales are already getting caked in dirt, especially around his snout. Is this some sort of ward against whatever effect his cape seems to have on the little guy? Were the scientists noting this behavior down, as well? More importantly, are they going to be able to clean up after this is over?

Hatchley sighs and limply rises from his seat; his head is already starting to hurt from thinking this much, and he’s holding up the rest of them from conducting their study.

What was the next order again? Oh, right. I had to order a lower-power biting attack.. Urgh, but all Prince knows are elemental fangs! Fire Fang would be too destructive, so I’ll have to order Ice Fang. I guess I feel a bit better, knowing they have a medical team ready in case Prince pounces me again-

The Dragon Tamer is just about to give his next order, when suddenly his movements freeze mid-point. For a moment, he doesn’t understand why he’s feeling this hesitation, just that something is wrong in his gut. Something about the way the doctor addressed him feels off.

“Wait. You don’t want me to get hurt more than... necessary...?” he repeats, eyes darting from the dummy back up to the figures watching over him from above. He feels himself able to move again, but the tension strung throughout his body only grows with his indignation. His fake claws dig into his palm, threatening to draw blood if they clench any tighter.

“Just what are you saying? You want me to get bit by Prince on purpose!? Even if you have medics, isn't that sort of test unethical!?” he shouts, decidedly incensed by the proposal. Just what the hell are these people thinking?

Last edited by ShadowDRGN; 04-05-2022 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-17-2022, 12:59 PM   #156
Lil'twick
Insanity

I, I keep a record of the wreckage in my life

Shadow-

You hear the intercom once more as the doctor begins to speak.

"Well, not on purpose. Just, with previous behavior exhibited by your Pokemon, it would be best to limit the amount of damage you would take if the same turn of events would occur. Though, if there are other moves your Pokemon knows, perhaps that would be better. I rather minimalize the risk of bodily harm you'll take," the doctor speaks through the intercom.

Certainly... interesting to say the least. While you were still wary of the way he was speaking, he did have a point. Part of the scientific process was to repeat experiments with different variables to test a hypothesis. You could tell, even if it felt sketchy, that the doctor was forming a hypothesis in his head.

"Right, before you order. I would like to know. Did you obtain this as an egg, or after revival? Sometimes the Pokemon will imprint on the person who obtains it. We try to isolate our fossils available for trainers, to prevent that phenomenon. If this was a gift, as our records show, perhaps the reason your Pokemon is so disobedient is because of that chance of imprinting. Though, that is one potential hypothesis..." he rambles on before seeming to remember the task at hand. "Of course, I won't be able to solidify any theory until we get more data."

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-17-2022, 10:22 PM   #157
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Cape Effervescence: blu3shift

The air within the base started to get super heavy all of a sudden. Something was happening somewhere outside because Kingdra and Krabby both started to panic and wrap you and Fomantis before the two of you could even react, within a bubble pocket of air.

KRACCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

The sound of shattering glass echoed all throughout the halls and sent shivers down your spine, but before you saw the water, you felt the ground rumble and shake...
A deep echoing cry followed suit and before you could blink gravity intensified and you became glued to the floor as everything lurched upwards at an ungodly fast speed. The bubble you were enveloped within seemed to help lessen the effects of the crushing gravity but you couldn't think about that at this moment in time.

Just as fast as it started the crushing weight seemed to stop and another surging roar later, it felt as if you were thrown into the ground because you were lifted up in the air, suspended in time for a brief second, before you fell face-first into the water. Someone had teleported you it seemed because you could see a giant white-bodied bird with blue markings and what seemed to be fins glowing with dark blue powerlifting up what you could only guess as to the whole base that you were formerly just in.

A quick glance around you within the bubble showed people floating about, unconscious but safe, along with numerous pokemon that you couldn't even count. There was a moment of Relief when you did see the Aquamole bobbing up and down with the little waves a short distance away from you.

"MARK MY WORDS, NEVER AGAIN SHOULD THIS HAPPEN. OR I SHALL UNLEASH MY FURY UPON THIS WORLD FROM MY REALM"

A telepathic voice echoed within your mind with a deep genderless voice that seemed to be as old as time itself. But that's all you could recall as everything faded to black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime later you awoke to be in a hospital bed that seemed to overlook the Cape. Krelia was there and while she was wrapped up in bandages, she looked amazed and told you everything that had happened whilst you were unconscious.

Some pokemon named Lugia had apparently been summoned by the poachers themselves and angered it. The legendary pokemon then had lifted the whole base and threw it quite literally out of the ocean and upon the beach where it was still actively being cleaned up as she spoke.

The city had been called upon the scene thanks to Quincy while you submerged and all the poachers had been arrested. The city officials also started to ensure the wellbeing of the remaining pokemon and gave a rather generous reward to the three of you. Krelia obtained funding to start a research facility at the beach to document all the pokemon and was getting equipped with staff. Quincy had been given a revamped fishing boat and his own docking bay hanger to start ocean tours with a bigger AquaMobile. On top of that, you were given a lump sum of money totaling 5k. Apparently, the Krabby that you had an adventure with couldn't find its family, so it had since stuck with you while you were out for two days due to the shock of pressure changing that fast.

" You could capture that Male Krabby, it's seemingly level 25 with a good move not many of its kind learn naturally, Secret Power" Krelia explained.

Now with all that has been said and done... what would you do?

With this massive post, I am tying up your adventure. It was dragging on quite long. You are free to capture the Krabby, and I do hope you adventure again soon.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 04-20-2022, 03:13 PM   #158
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Cape Effervescence: blu3shift

The air within the base started to get super heavy all of a sudden. Something was happening somewhere outside because Kingdra and Krabby both started to panic and wrap you and Fomantis before the two of you could even react, within a bubble pocket of air.

KRACCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

The sound of shattering glass echoed all throughout the halls and sent shivers down your spine, but before you saw the water, you felt the ground rumble and shake...
A deep echoing cry followed suit and before you could blink gravity intensified and you became glued to the floor as everything lurched upwards at an ungodly fast speed. The bubble you were enveloped within seemed to help lessen the effects of the crushing gravity but you couldn't think about that at this moment in time.

Just as fast as it started the crushing weight seemed to stop and another surging roar later, it felt as if you were thrown into the ground because you were lifted up in the air, suspended in time for a brief second, before you fell face-first into the water. Someone had teleported you it seemed because you could see a giant white-bodied bird with blue markings and what seemed to be fins glowing with dark blue powerlifting up what you could only guess as to the whole base that you were formerly just in.

A quick glance around you within the bubble showed people floating about, unconscious but safe, along with numerous pokemon that you couldn't even count. There was a moment of Relief when you did see the Aquamole bobbing up and down with the little waves a short distance away from you.

"MARK MY WORDS, NEVER AGAIN SHOULD THIS HAPPEN. OR I SHALL UNLEASH MY FURY UPON THIS WORLD FROM MY REALM"

A telepathic voice echoed within your mind with a deep genderless voice that seemed to be as old as time itself. But that's all you could recall as everything faded to black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime later you awoke to be in a hospital bed that seemed to overlook the Cape. Krelia was there and while she was wrapped up in bandages, she looked amazed and told you everything that had happened whilst you were unconscious.

Some pokemon named Lugia had apparently been summoned by the poachers themselves and angered it. The legendary pokemon then had lifted the whole base and threw it quite literally out of the ocean and upon the beach where it was still actively being cleaned up as she spoke.

The city had been called upon the scene thanks to Quincy while you submerged and all the poachers had been arrested. The city officials also started to ensure the wellbeing of the remaining pokemon and gave a rather generous reward to the three of you. Krelia obtained funding to start a research facility at the beach to document all the pokemon and was getting equipped with staff. Quincy had been given a revamped fishing boat and his own docking bay hanger to start ocean tours with a bigger AquaMobile. On top of that, you were given a lump sum of money totaling 5k. Apparently, the Krabby that you had an adventure with couldn't find its family, so it had since stuck with you while you were out for two days due to the shock of pressure changing that fast.

" You could capture that Male Krabby, it's seemingly level 25 with a good move not many of its kind learn naturally, Secret Power" Krelia explained.

Now with all that has been said and done... what would you do?

With this massive post, I am tying up your adventure. It was dragging on quite long. You are free to capture the Krabby, and I do hope you adventure again soon.
Beep... beep... beep...

The first thing that Elijah noticed when he woke up was the sound of a heart monitor hooked up to him. The second thing that he noticed was how his... everything felt like a pile of jelly. A pile of jelly that was somehow still lucid despite everything that had happened to him. He pushed his mind to form some semblance of a complete thought—an effort that proved to be a struggle, but one that eventually gave way, to his relief.

...What the hell?!

Elijah pushed through his dramatically eloquent line of thinking to try to recall why he was here in the first place. Glass shattering... bubbles... more teleportation sickness... something big and white...

Choosing not to continue to try to piece together what had happened to him, he shifted his focus to the hospital bed beside him, upon which lay a figure ensnared in the unruly grip of several bandages that covered various parts of their body like they'd just been in an unfortunate accident at the medical supply factory. That was unmistakably Krelia, unmistakably hurt. She'd somehow received the short end of the stick compared to Elijah amidst the upheaval, but that didn't seem to put a damper on her mood as she excitedly rambled off every single detail about the fiasco that he missed while he was out.

There was a lot to take in. He'd been out for two days straight; no wonder he felt like garbage! And that wasn't even the main event, that being a Pokémon of legend had seemingly decided to intervene and take out the base while he was trying to do it himself. Krelia made it a point to mention "Lugia," not that the fledgling Trainer recognized the name at all. Besides that was the usual: poachers being busted, everyone getting shiny new stuff to play with, Elijah actually getting paid for this...

...And the Krabby sitting at his side. The poor thing's family was lost, but he was told that it had stuck by him throughout all of that. That was enough for him to resolve to bring them onto the team as soon as he could reliably move his arms.

And then there was silence. Krelia was done with her little recap of hers. Elijah forced a couple of syllables out of his numb mouth in response.

"Hey... thanks." He cracked a weak smile, then closed his eyes just to get a little more rest in before he was discharged from the hospital. With any luck he'd be able to find himself a place to stay with all the money he had. And maybe he'd figure out what the deal was with these poacher guys...

But for now, getting some R&R in was more important to him. He obviously needed it after his tumultuous welcome to Fizzytopia.

———

thanks for the adventure! even if it did get dragged out a bunch, I had fun with it (and I might have learned a thing or two about patience that I thought I already knew :P). I'm catching the krabby (WITH A POKEBALL HOW DID I FORGET TO ADD THAT) and calling it a wrap here while I look towards what comes next.

Last edited by blu3shift; 05-21-2022 at 10:48 PM. Reason: It took me a month to realize this
Old 05-15-2022, 09:46 PM   #159
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Shadow-

You hear the intercom once more as the doctor begins to speak.

"Well, not on purpose. Just, with previous behavior exhibited by your Pokemon, it would be best to limit the amount of damage you would take if the same turn of events would occur. Though, if there are other moves your Pokemon knows, perhaps that would be better. I rather minimalize the risk of bodily harm you'll take," the doctor speaks through the intercom.

Certainly... interesting to say the least. While you were still wary of the way he was speaking, he did have a point. Part of the scientific process was to repeat experiments with different variables to test a hypothesis. You could tell, even if it felt sketchy, that the doctor was forming a hypothesis in his head.

"Right, before you order. I would like to know. Did you obtain this as an egg, or after revival? Sometimes the Pokemon will imprint on the person who obtains it. We try to isolate our fossils available for trainers, to prevent that phenomenon. If this was a gift, as our records show, perhaps the reason your Pokemon is so disobedient is because of that chance of imprinting. Though, that is one potential hypothesis..." he rambles on before seeming to remember the task at hand. "Of course, I won't be able to solidify any theory until we get more data."

What do you do?
However clinical, the doctor’s words manage to end Hatchley’s standoff. His fingers loosen, leaving behind divots on his palm, and he turns away from the mass of eyes staring at him from above. For a moment, he almost wonders if any of the scientists are taking notes on him, as much as they are the tiny rex.

Of course, you don’t want me to get hurt on purpose... but it sure would be convenient for your research if it happened, anyways... he thinks. Frustration colors his flared-out cheeks a deep red. Dr. Richards is right, of course; if they’re to get to the heart of this disobedience problem, then every variable has to be recorded and accounted for, but... damn it, why did talking with scientists have to leave him feeling so stupid?

Hatchley shakes his head. Focus. He glances toward Prince, who by now has gone back to wandering off and sampling the rock buffet, “when I first got him, he was already hatched and in a Pokeball,” he explains, giving the doctor’s hypothesis some thought, “I guess Prince could’ve imprinted onto my father, though I guess I should mention he’s not a Trainer. He develops and tests Pokemon pharmaceuticals, like potions and Pokemon Center stuff.”

The teen stops talking, but his mouth almost seems locked in stasis, debating whether to speak further. His father isn’t a Trainer, that much is true, but it isn’t really the whole story. Hatchley wants to elaborate, but when he takes another look toward the pristine glass box looming over him, he feels like such things will just get in the way of the test. Best to just leave it at that.

“I’m... ready to continue,” he says, sighing. Calling out to Prince, he quickly resets the field for another attempt at an order. The Tyrunt looks ready to give this another shot, but the look in his raptor eyes is as unreadable as ever. No matter—even if it takes all day to reign in his unruly mon, this dummy will get a taste of Prince’s fearsome fangs.

Though... maybe Richards has a point that a weaker Move might be best to start off with. Taking his fiercest stance possible, Hatchley heeds the doctor’s advice, and orders his next move with gusto!

“Prince! Hit the dummy with a Tackle!”

The moment those words hit his ears, the dino launches off the ground in a plume of dust! Seeing this, Hatchley grasps the edges of his cloak in case he needs to stop the Pokemon’s charge, but much to his surprise, Tyrunt’s reckless rush sails right past his Trainer, and straight into the stomach of the dummy!

Hatchley almost wants to throw his hands up in celebration, but he only gets a few steps into his victory dance before he goes stiff as a board and “professionally” waits for the research team’s feedback.
Old 05-18-2022, 05:21 PM   #160
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Dragons-

With your orders given, you watch as your Dreepy disappears. This semi-invulnerable state would be more than enough protection for the round. It also further played into your strategy. It helped prevent friendly fire, which you desperately needed to avoid if you wished to get the advantage. This match could soon be turned around, you just needed some luck.

You watch as your Gabite raises its claw once more in salute, before beginning to stomp on the ground. The Bulldoze ignored your Dreepy entirely, but the shockwaves hit both the Zigzagoon and the Poochyena. The spread move proved useful, as the hyena's lowered defense meant it took more damage. You also had the added bonus of Zigzagoon crumpling to the ground, knocked out. Seemed your opponent didn't have enough reaction time to this, as the Phantom Force threw him for a loop. Good.

"Zigzagoon, return! Well, I have to wait until my Poochyena reacts before sending out my final Pokemon... Okay, Poochyena, Play Rough with the Gabite!" he orders.

You watch as the hyena begins to "play" around your Dragon. Small hearts emerge as it gives a rapid series of strikes, the fairy move doing super effective damage against the Dragon. While not enough to knock it out, you could tell your Pokemon was in critical health. This was bad, even if you had the Pokemon lead now.

"Now, time for my final partner. Shroomish, go!" the youngster shouts. You see the Hoenn mushroom emerge, seeming ready for a fight.

What do you do?
Dracen winced as the powerful Play Rough connected, and Gabite stumbled back. At least it wasn't Ice Fang, I guess. They were doing well, but he couldn't relax just yet. He assessed his options as the youngster sent out a Shroomish. It's most likely a support 'mon, with powder moves and the like... Hrm. Gabite's in danger, but I don't know if I have enough safety to pull off the switch. Let's see... Mimsy's Phantom Force will hit the Poochyena hard any moment now, so it might try to Protect through that. I may be just about safe enough... He took a deep breath, shoved up his glasses, and snagged Gabite's Pokeball. "You did fantastic, partner. Now come on back and take a rest!" With a swoosh of reddish energy, he recalled his starter and snapped the Pokeball back onto his belt. Even at critical health, it's nice to have a 'mon in the back for emergencies... and who better to trust with that job than my very best friend? 'Course, that leaves me with only one choice to send out. He unclipped his last Pokeball and spun on his heel to send it flying high into the arena, where it snapped open almost immediately. The eager Pokemon within shot onto the field in a blaze of blueish light, raring to enter her first real battle. Asta glared downfield at her opponents and gave them a war cry to remember!
"AAAaaaax, axaxaxEEEEEWW!"
Her necklace clanked against the armor plating on her chest as she settled into a fighting stance. This was her chance to show that her training had paid off! She knew she could thrash these early-route nobodies easily!
Dracen grinned as he saw her fighting spirit. "Whoa, hold your Horsea. We can't attack yet, per the rules. But once Mimsy's back on the field, you'll get to really do some damage!"
Asta's eyes widened at the mention of Mimsy. She tapped her necklace with a paw, then jumped back into her battle stance with an expression twice as ferocious!
Dracen chuckled. Heh, knew that would work. Now we've got the power of love on our team... These two fight with the strength of ten Pokemon when they're by each other's side!

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 05-18-2022, 09:50 PM   #161
Lil'twick
Insanity

I'm doing damage // Just how I planned it

Shadow-

Tripping over your tongue, you decide to take a deep breath in and realize that further explanation was futile. You gave the details the doctor needed, and you just waited for a response. The man ponders for a bit, thinking about what you said, but refrains from stating his thoughts until after you give your order.

Switching from teeth to a physical assault, you order your Tyrunt to use Tackle. A simple move known by a large variety of Pokemon, you watch as Prince soars past you and crashes into the target square on. No bodily harm, good good! You start to do a little victory dance, before refraining. At this point, the doctor speaks through the microphone.

"I don't think the disobedience comes from imprinting on another. And, if the Pokemon was truly being disobedient then the tackle would've gone in any possible number of directions. I have a hypothesis in mind now, and if I'm right then this isn't as severe as it could be. Let me ask you a singular question." He clears his throat. The suspense was starting to get to you, but at this point, this was critical information.

"Does this only happen when you order a biting attack?" the doctor asks. You feel a sense of dread... Despite your previous protests, you could feel that your answer could determine if you were going to be a Tyrunt's chew toy again.

How do you respond?

Dragons-

The Youngster watches as you return your Gabite for the Axew. Sure, it was a good backup, but for what? The battle could quickly have been decided with the priority here, but now that wasn't the case. Both of your Pokemon were sitting ducks, and your foe's orders were set regardless.

"Fatal mistake! Poochyena, Crunch down on the Dreepy once it reappears. Shroomish, use spore on the Axew!" he shouted. "The switch didn't change my planned orders at all."

He smirked and soon began to watch as your Pokemon were picked apart. The Dreepy crashes into the Poochyena with Phantom Force. Even with all the power and punch to overcome the resistance, you see the little hyena dog still standing, rattled. Even if it was barely standing, from its heavy pants and bruised body, the critical health mattered.

With the boost from the howl, the Pokemon goes in on the offensive. As it bares its fangs, you notice its held item. A Fizzytopian item, the Vampire Fangs. While they didn't boost the damage of the moves, they did drain an amount of health proportional to the damage dealt. You can only watch in horror as the Crunch shreds the Dreepy, the Pokemon taking a massive hit and barely managing to float, with the attacker looking much healthier.

Meanwhile, the Shroomish sends out a cloud of spores to the sitting duck of an Axew. You watch as the pumped-up dragonling soon slumps over, sleeping. Sure, her attacks will hurt... when she wakes up next. Now, any lead you had was lost, as two of your Pokemon were in a dangerous state and the other lulled to sleep. It would take a miracle to overcome this.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-09-2022, 10:51 PM   #162
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick Now, the party don't start 'til I walk in

Quote:
Downtown - The Business & Commercial District

Downtown reply in Slate Gray
Downtown is the bustling financial center of New Fizz City and its most urbanized area, with historically laidback zoning restrictions giving rise to the tallest high-rises in the city. The biggest, busiest and most crowded area in the city, downtown it is a hive of activity for both shoppers and businesspeople alike; even if you're not mesmerized by the city's soaring skyscrapers and monuments, you'll be blown away by its flourishing arts, food, and fashion scenes. From famed museums and art galleries to world class sporting venues, you could live a lifetime and not experience all the amazing things downtown has to offer.

Municipal Plaza: The beating heart of the city, Municipal Plaza holds many of the buildings necessary to keep New Fizz ticking, including its city hall, banks, hospitals, schools and universities. The headquarters of both the New Fizz Police Department and the Fizzytopian Investigation Bureau are also present here. What the plaza lacks in wild Pokemon it more than makes up for in human activity - you’d be hard pressed not to get swept up in adventure strolling through Municipal Plaza.​
Just one step closer Hotaru... he thought with a deep breath.

And he could feel himself falling. He was doing his best to try and keep up with the faller after their banishment. There were no personal thoughts on the situation, just his mission. Track them, and make sure that they weren't secretly plotting to destroy the village. He had reports on him that they were collaborating with that... plate obsessed weirdo from the Gingko Clan, but he knew not if it was true. Just that he needed to move forward, and keep out of sight.

Yet, the next sight he saw was flashing lights. He could feel himself hitting a hard surface with a THUD, and see a portal close above him. Did he get caught up in a spacetime distortion? No, he realized he fell. He quickly went to jot this down in his notes, not noticing his surroundings in the slightest. The honking of cars soon alerted him, and he quickly bolted out of the way before the strange mechanical beast made him roadkill.

He looked around, confused, and realized that the people around him were just as confused as him. It wasn't every day that someone fell out of a portal, dressed in what could be described as ninja attire. Even if the ravages of Dialga's Gate were still felt from time to time, he himself knew not of what that was.

He still had Momiji, Kiba, and Lili on him... good. His trusted team, that he had trained with the security corp in his spare time. A Hisuian Typhlosion, one of the first of its kind and one kept secret to the professor. A Sneasler, while not the same as the warden, was still helpful in climbing around. A Lilligant, whose poise and grace quickly destroyed any wild pokemon who stood in his way. Yet, he had a feeling they couldn't help him out of this mess.

So, he did what he could, and tried his best to find information. He know not where he was, where the buildings were overcrowding him. The people were dressed in strange clothes, and all of them seemed to have a Pokemon of their own. Those strange mechanical beasts people rode in, that could kill him in an instant. He needed to know where he was, and what to do next. He had stopped and assessed the situation, and with no command over him... It was his first true mission alone.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-12-2022, 07:14 PM   #163
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Shadow-

Tripping over your tongue, you decide to take a deep breath in and realize that further explanation was futile. You gave the details the doctor needed, and you just waited for a response. The man ponders for a bit, thinking about what you said, but refrains from stating his thoughts until after you give your order.

Switching from teeth to a physical assault, you order your Tyrunt to use Tackle. A simple move known by a large variety of Pokemon, you watch as Prince soars past you and crashes into the target square on. No bodily harm, good good! You start to do a little victory dance, before refraining. At this point, the doctor speaks through the microphone.

"I don't think the disobedience comes from imprinting on another. And, if the Pokemon was truly being disobedient then the tackle would've gone in any possible number of directions. I have a hypothesis in mind now, and if I'm right then this isn't as severe as it could be. Let me ask you a singular question." He clears his throat. The suspense was starting to get to you, but at this point, this was critical information.

"Does this only happen when you order a biting attack?" the doctor asks. You feel a sense of dread... Despite your previous protests, you could feel that your answer could determine if you were going to be a Tyrunt's chew toy again.

How do you respond?
Hatchley might not be a very academically-minded person, but right now he certainly shares the doctor's curiosity. Of course he’s happy that Prince obeyed, but it also didn’t add up to him—it’s not like he changed anything about the way he ordered the move. Is it just up to the dino’s whims, or is there some sort of pattern here?

Maybe he doesn’t have the know-how to put the pieces together, but Mr. Richards seems to have a hypothesis. The teen listens carefully, and an initial wave of relief washes over him as the doctor seems to rule out imprinting as the cause. So, Tyrunt didn’t pick up any bad habits from dad, after all...

Then, that question hits his ears, dreadful not just for the danger it implies, but also just the sheer simplicity of it. Hatchley scrambles for a way to save face, but really, the embarrassing truth of it is that he doesn’t know.

“Uh, well about that...” he begins, nervously combing his fingers through his salt-soaked ponytail, “when I first received Tyrunt, he already knew a couple biting attacks, so... those have kinda been all I’ve been using... yeah...”

If only he could just leave it there, and save his pride from being crushed any further. The dino's teething, mystery solved, but... the expectant tone coming through the intercom tells him that the scientists want some data to help prove that theory. Hatchley groans under his breath—at least the papers said something about compensation... right?

After a moment, Hatchley nods to signal his understanding, “Okay—but first, I want to make sure this isn’t just a fluke. Prince! Tackle the dummy again!”

Much to his surprise, the unruly Dragon-type listens to his commands for a second time in a row! Prince crashes into the dummy, using the bony point of its rocky snout as though it were a spear! It’s a blow that could force even an Ursaring to double-over in pain.

Prince scurries back to his Trainer’s side, looking at him expecting heaps of praise, only to find a disconcerted scowl and silence. He should be excited,, but all the teen can feel is his heart sinking into his stomach. Dr. Richards is right, isn’t he? Then I know what’s going to happen next...

His nails dig into the tattered edges of his cloak, and he wonders if he can really dodge the predator's jaws a second time. This oppressive heat has been sapping him, soaking him in his own sweat, making him feel all the more sluggish.

It’s funny; getting hurt unexpectedly has never made him afraid of Prince, but somehow, the thought that he’s been inadvertently ordering the Pokemon to try and maim him all this time... it’s scary, but if it’ll lead to answers, then he’ll rid himself of this tightness in his throat, and get ready to move the moment he lets the order go.

“Prince... Use Ice Fang!”

...!

It’s the eyes. It’s always the look in his eyes that gives it away!

Hatchley attempts to step back as Prince pounces at him, but his heel gets caught on his cape. Before he realizes that it’s stuck, he feels the cloth yank sharply on his neck, and moments later his back is struck stiff against the ground!

At this point, the boy is guided by barely more than survival instinct. His eyes register Prince mere feet from landing atop him, and he quickly curls into a ball, arms shielding his face, legs tucked in front of his vitals. He feels an intense heat spread into his body as the 50-pound Dragon slams into him, latching onto his ribs with dagger-like talons. Deathly cold breath creeps closer to his shoulder, only for the dragon to cancel his attack when he realizes that the cape he so despises is in the way.

Whatever the scientists wish to make of this, one thing should be very clear: He’s completely lost what little control he had over his Pokemon.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:00 AM   #164
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Liltwick - After shaking off the initial shock of your arrival in this alien world, you draw upon your ninja training in order to get you bearings. Information is as keen a weapon as any blade, and there’s certainly a lot of it to glean from your surroundings—odd people wearing odd clothes. Odd buildings choking the sky in steel and glass. Odd beasts roving the streets, filling the air with their noxious excrement.

Despite how arcane it all feels to you, you don’t get paralyzed by endless questions. Knowing how these carriages move without Pokemon to pull them won’t help you to survive, but knowing where you are—and what your next steps should be—will.

Unfortunately, it seems the people around you will be of little help. Your tumble from a crack in the sky certainly draws attention, yet not so much as an “are you okay?” hits your ears. Bewildered stares pierce you as they point strange slates in your direction—artifacts not unlike the one the Faller was always fiddling with.

It’s as though you’re a wild Pokemon who has wandered past the gates, causing the people of the village to start waving around superstitious tokens in order to drive off the horrible thing.

Sensing that you won’t gain anything useful out of the gawkers, you start to explore the city around you. It becomes clear the moment you find yourself staring down the fangs of one of those mechanical beasts that you cannot walk where you please. The strange markings that adorn the stonework at your feet seem to be guiding you to safety, while colored lanterns hanging from the air seem to dictate the pace at which everything moves.

No matter how far you wander, however, there seems to be no end to the cityscape. Once you’ve crossed the shadow of one monolithic building, you’re merely greeted by another. Though you can find houses of a more familiar construction tucked behind, the brick and mortar that had been upheld as the most durable materials for Galaxy Team’s headquarters seems almost quaint and flimsy in comparison.

You spend some time wandering, until eventually you find yourself standing across the street from a congregation of costumed people. Their outfits seem almost purpose-made to catch the eye with features that border on the impractical, the garish, and the outright bizarre. You even see some of them wearing Hisuan garb—or at least, a flawed approximation of it.

The longer you watch the line, the more you realize that they’re all trying to get into a single building. Guards stand by the doors, giving out small paper wristbands to each visitor, though you can catch that some of them seem to be exchanging money before they slink off inside.

What will you do?
Old 06-26-2022, 12:57 PM   #165
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick 'Cause Every Time We Touch, I Get This Feeling

Shadow-

"That's enough," the doctor calmly states before you hear a few buzzers.

You see the training dummy sink beneath the floor, a new one to soon replace it. Dr. Richards soon shuffles into the room, a team of scientists behind him. They all seem to be scribbling down notes as he shambles along to you and the frenzied Tyrunt. The dino tries to snap, but the doctor doesn't flinch and continues to walk toward you.

"Teething, and possibly malnutrition. However, the latter is no fault of your own if that is the case. We've encountered a few challenges with the breeding program, including how the young react as they grow," he states, offering a hand to help you up.

With his other hand, he snaps before a scientist comes in with a large bone. From the looks of it, its quite rare and ancient in and of itself, even if it looks similar to the Thick Clubs Marowak liked. You see Prince perk up, and the scientist throws the object towards the Tyrunt. The Pokemon then starts to chew on it happily, his strong jaw not enough to break it.

"A Rare Bone, is likely to be an Aurorus femur or some other large Jurrasic Era Pokemon," the Scientist explains. "Doctor, I do have a report for you as well."

You have obtained x1 Rare Bone!

Doctor Richards nods, and takes the paper in his other hand and reads it before talking to you.

"That should help calm down your Pokemon during teething episodes, and make it not want to bite you when you order it to. As for payment, I'd like to instead enlist your help, if you have the time. I just got a report that something was gunking up our revival machine with slime trails leading up to the ventilation shaft. If you could investigate this issue for us, I can write this off as a business expense and see you get paid in return for your services. Usually, we won't ask a guest to help with this, but we currently don't have any other trainers in to ask. And, well, you're already here, so we don't need to fetch security. So what do you say Mr. Hatchley?" Doctor Richards explains, starting to ramble on at a surprisingly fast pace, still waiting for you to take his hand.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-26-2022, 01:32 PM   #166
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Zelphon Update

Sunder Island: Zelphon

Pumpkaboo hesitated, seemingly tossing the turmoil within its head before it decided to spill what seemed to be within its mind.

"You're pretty correct... you need to know thyne enemy to defeat the scary foe.
I should assume that you know the history of this land correct? That this was once a lovely thriving island with mostly happy people and pokemon.
There were those on this island that decided to harness the dark powers within a giant building southeast of here"

Dark Powers?? Well, perhaps the Pumpkaboo meant the Nuclear Power Plant, as you had heard that it went into meltdown and horrid radiation started to spill out within the confines of the island. But, something struck you as odd. There was a huge lack of pokemon here, spare those you have met and heard. Even on the way here, there was a startling lack of Pokémon. Yeah the island had been evacuated and there were supposed to be very few pokemon left if any, but those that were here should have reproduced or at very least grew enough to make a noticeable dent in the area.

And while radiation levels have seemingly died down to hospitable levels, not even normal migratory pokemon are coming back through as this island is undoubtedly a perfect nesting ground for sea and sky pokemon alike.

"That nuclear meltdown was no accident and was only a cover story," The pumpkin pokemon said out of the blue, startling you from your brooding.

"Dark powers are at play, binding my poor friend's bodies to this plane of existence and warping the shallow remains of their souls, how exactly this is done, I cannot say for I do not know. But, what I can say is that there exists another person upon this island. They are the one causing all of this... "

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 06-26-2022, 01:39 PM   #167
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick What the Hell is going on? Can someone tell me please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDRGN View Post
Liltwick - After shaking off the initial shock of your arrival in this alien world, you draw upon your ninja training in order to get you bearings. Information is as keen a weapon as any blade, and there’s certainly a lot of it to glean from your surroundings—odd people wearing odd clothes. Odd buildings choking the sky in steel and glass. Odd beasts roving the streets, filling the air with their noxious excrement.

Despite how arcane it all feels to you, you don’t get paralyzed by endless questions. Knowing how these carriages move without Pokemon to pull them won’t help you to survive, but knowing where you are—and what your next steps should be—will.

Unfortunately, it seems the people around you will be of little help. Your tumble from a crack in the sky certainly draws attention, yet not so much as an “are you okay?” hits your ears. Bewildered stares pierce you as they point strange slates in your direction—artifacts not unlike the one the Faller was always fiddling with.

It’s as though you’re a wild Pokemon who has wandered past the gates, causing the people of the village to start waving around superstitious tokens in order to drive off the horrible thing.

Sensing that you won’t gain anything useful out of the gawkers, you start to explore the city around you. It becomes clear the moment you find yourself staring down the fangs of one of those mechanical beasts that you cannot walk where you please. The strange markings that adorn the stonework at your feet seem to be guiding you to safety, while colored lanterns hanging from the air seem to dictate the pace at which everything moves.

No matter how far you wander, however, there seems to be no end to the cityscape. Once you’ve crossed the shadow of one monolithic building, you’re merely greeted by another. Though you can find houses of a more familiar construction tucked behind, the brick and mortar that had been upheld as the most durable materials for Galaxy Team’s headquarters seems almost quaint and flimsy in comparison.

You spend some time wandering, until eventually you find yourself standing across the street from a congregation of costumed people. Their outfits seem almost purpose-made to catch the eye with features that border on the impractical, the garish, and the outright bizarre. You even see some of them wearing Hisuan garb—or at least, a flawed approximation of it.

The longer you watch the line, the more you realize that they’re all trying to get into a single building. Guards stand by the doors, giving out small paper wristbands to each visitor, though you can catch that some of them seem to be exchanging money before they slink off inside.

What will you do?
"It seems the denizens of this world live harmoniously with Pokemon," the ninja muses as he wanders the streets of New Fizz City.

Back in Hisui, most people would be freaking out at this. Puzzled, perplexed, or most likely frightened. He knew not where, or even when, this was, but these people have a deep bond with Pokemon. While his team were tools, he cared for them. A dull blade was useless, after all. And, perhaps in this world, he could properly bond with them.

The man stopped at the sight of a large group of people. All of them were dressed in a variety of (mostly) outlandish attire. Some looked similar to Hisuian garb, but... a fantasized facsimile. Why were they bright orange!? All lined up, waiting to enter a large building. Especially with the exchange of coinage for some kind of wristband to enter. Still, perhaps this would be a good place to gather information.

He rummages through his pockets, realizing he had some coins. Baggin didn't rob him dry yet. So, taking out a small pouch, he goes to wait in line. He was sure to get some looks, especially since this was his night outfit. Daytime, well, he'd perhaps wear something to match the terrain. Green, Brown, or Pink. White was reserved for his Master alone, and Purple was only to be worn during the night. But, well, the rest of his attire was home... wherever home was here.

"Oh, Great Sinnoh... Watch over me..." he muttered under his breath, waiting for his turn to pay and enter. He was on guard for pickpockets, and tightly gripped Momiji's Pokeball. If anything would happen, the instigator would get a knife to the hand and a one-way Infernal Parade to hell.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-26-2022, 01:56 PM   #168
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Alderboro: Raves

You and your partners wandered about the market looking for textile or textile-related shops. As you wandered along people gave you stares and turned up their noses at you, in part because you reeked, but in part because they didn't seem to like you. An outsider.

Several times there were stalls that offered more modern clothing, but every time you came close to even attempt to get a closer look or anything of the like, the shopkeeps snapped up their wares and pretended you didn't exist. This was getting ridiculous as you carried on more and more.

"Don't let the cruel arses shove you over" A rather taller than average woman with ocher braided hair stood off to the side, examining some jewelry spoke what seemed to be to you.
"Penumbra don't you dare, if you even think about taking another step forward you will get my shoe on your behind," she said without looking but pointed a finger at a small child that was seemingly reaching up to... steal from you?

With a short annoyed sigh, the small child jumped and suddenly transformed into a small black fox with red markings.
"Sass me again I dare you." the woman said. " You know what we are here for and I thought I taught you better than to pickpocket people. If you have anything from anyone else I expect it to be returned within the next 5 mins or else I will paddle you"
Such a fierce statement with such a nonchalant tone. Certainly wasn't her first time dealing with her pokemon like such. Maybe she could help you acquire clothing from the people since they seemed to ignore you. It was either that or stealing stuff outright.

Old 06-26-2022, 04:28 PM   #169
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Milcery & Sinistea Patisserie: Yuki

The hypnosis lullaby seemed to work, as it calmed both sinistea and Mimi down and put the former of the two into a semi-calm trance. This seemed to stay the portal's shrinkage thanks to Blueberry's help. Undoubtedly, however, it was clear that they needed to hurriedly escape otherwise who knew when or if they could return home.

Admist the emotions and outburst Patrick had decidedly come back in, a small flower tucked in his hand. It seemed as if he was going to apologize to his wife and attempt to bring up her mood with a favorite gift of hers... or rather a universally accepted gift of a Gracidea. He stooped down to hug his wife.
Malori inhaled deeply, shuddering the while. Patrick consoled his wife for a moment, but soon seemingly stormed out of the kitchen once more after muttering something under his breath. "No...Pas encore, Don't Go! DON'T DO IT PATRICK!" Malori went from sorrowful to full panic mode with her eyes going wide. "He's heading to Alto Bridge, We have to stop him!"

She gathered a coat and aimed for the door ushering everyone out, apologetically saying there was a restaurant emergency and promising people refunds and free stuff upon returning. Flipping the sign to "Closed" She too then took for Alto Bridge.
It would probably be best if you too went with them, however, you were awaiting the arrival of your pokemon from across the other side of the veil.

Sinistea, through the haze from the gentle hypnosis, heard Malori speak of the Alto Bridge...
"But... but... they can't go there

I have to go there to Stop them!"
The little Teacup pokemon grabbed ahold of the candle and cloth pokemon and dragged them with it through the gate, with Blueberry not too far behind"

Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 06-26-2022 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:00 PM   #170
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Victory Island: Connor

The bushes shake as a pair of eyes peek out at you and your partner. The owner of the eyes let out a small exasperated sigh and drifted away from the bush. It was tired of hiding here because of some stupid thing a stupid person did so many years ago.
Not even that tho, though the more the creature thought the more it realized it had been stuck here for far longer than that but even it had forgotten when.

This island held more secrets than it did stories and eventually they will be found.

Your Mawile protested the whole length of the way, at least with its body language as you decidedly walked back to the harbor.
On your way to the docks, A freakishly tall Trainer almost ran you over, grunting an apology before hurrying off on whatever task or errand he seemed to be running. Rude.

Not far behind him, a Totodile rounded the corner, and much like his trainer ( you could only assume ) barrelled full force into Cornish... effectively giving him the excuse to instigate a battle.

"Sobek, Leave it and come here!" a rather deep voice called out from the direction the freakishly tall trainer went.
The totodile on the other hand didn't seem to hear its trainer as it was busy shooting water in Cornish's face, giggling.

What would you do?

Old 06-29-2022, 09:56 PM   #171
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Liltwick - True to your initial assessment, you see many Pokemon standing beside the people in line. You recognize a handful as being native to your home region, but just as many are markedly unknown to you. They partake in the festivities by donning specially-fitted attire and accessories, all carefully chosen to compliment or contrast the style their masters wore.

The more you watch, the more textured your mental picture of this city becomes—even if the styles of the costumes before you have been perverted in the image of romanticism or gritty edge, you still recognize the wide breadth of cultures they source from. Perhaps in this place or time, knowledge of the world beyond one's birthplace is more widespread...

You step into line, and it’s almost as though you vanish into the procession of patchwork absurdity. The most attention you receive are a few stray compliments about the quality of your “costume”, though its authenticity is rudely questioned—some inane nonsense about “ninja clothes” being a construct of kabuki dramas, or some such.

The line inches forward as the minutes pass, and awaiting your turn to enter, you idly observe the crowd. People are excitedly talking amongst themselves, but you can’t quite comprehend the flurry of names and concepts being thrown around in a single breath. Something about going through a whole season in a week, a favorite character’s arc... the hell is a husbando??

You reach the doors before too long, where you find the doorman greeting you with a wide—if slightly exhausted—smile, “welcome! Are you looking to buy a day pass?”

Come to think of it, you did see some people wearing bracelets even before they were admitted inside. Reading the charge on the sign, you loosen your coin purse and hand the man your money.

Strangely, the sight of it seems to confuse the doorman. He plucks a coin from your hands and inspects it front-to-back, eyes slowly widening as he recognizes its authenticity. It’s a look eerily close to the one that shifty Ginko merchant gave when he first laid eyes on a plate, and you can clearly read the conflicting thoughts running through the man’s head: Whether to feign ignorance and pocket the coins, or do the right thing and tell you the bad news.

After a moment of deliberation, he chooses to hand the money back to you, “sorry, we only take cash. If you can’t pay, then I’m going to have to ask you to step out of line.”

The line behind you is growing restless, filling your ears with ill whispers:

“Ugh, so obnoxious. Why can’t people just break character to do basic shit?”

“C’mon, hurry it up, I’ve been waiting all day to get in...”

Before their disparaging remarks can hit a fever pitch, however, you hear a lone voice cut above the crowd:

“Hey! I’m really sorry, they’re with me!”

One of the con-goers jogs out the doors, sunlight gleaming off their iridescent visor—in fact, their body is clad in futuristic armor, whose chitin-like plates and other insectoid elements dip heavily into the visual language of the heroic.

The figure reaches into their bag and presents the doorman with a small stack of paper bills. Accepting it, he wraps a bracelet around your wrist and steps aside. The look in his eyes tells you to move along quickly, so he can deal with everyone else vying to get in.

Your mysterious helper glances back at you, and though their face is hidden behind their helmet, you can at least sense a welcoming smile being directed your way.

“Sorry for butting in, but I was watching from the door and you seemed like you were having trouble,” they remark, pointing at your purse, “this your first time? Staying in-character is hard, isn’t it? Oh! There’s some coin collectors set up in the West Wing if you were planning on covering yourself with those.”

For someone dressed so fearsomely, they certainly speaks with a great deal of nervousness and energy. Maybe a bit too much energy.

“I’m Vivian, by the way! What’s your name?”
Old 06-30-2022, 12:44 PM   #172
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick See you make your way through the crowd // And say, "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDRGN View Post
Liltwick - True to your initial assessment, you see many Pokemon standing beside the people in line. You recognize a handful as being native to your home region, but just as many are markedly unknown to you. They partake in the festivities by donning specially-fitted attire and accessories, all carefully chosen to compliment or contrast the style their masters wore.

The more you watch, the more textured your mental picture of this city becomes—even if the styles of the costumes before you have been perverted in the image of romanticism or gritty edge, you still recognize the wide breadth of cultures they source from. Perhaps in this place or time, knowledge of the world beyond one's birthplace is more widespread...

You step into line, and it’s almost as though you vanish into the procession of patchwork absurdity. The most attention you receive are a few stray compliments about the quality of your “costume”, though its authenticity is rudely questioned—some inane nonsense about “ninja clothes” being a construct of kabuki dramas, or some such.

The line inches forward as the minutes pass, and awaiting your turn to enter, you idly observe the crowd. People are excitedly talking amongst themselves, but you can’t quite comprehend the flurry of names and concepts being thrown around in a single breath. Something about going through a whole season in a week, a favorite character’s arc... the hell is a husbando??

You reach the doors before too long, where you find the doorman greeting you with a wide—if slightly exhausted—smile, “welcome! Are you looking to buy a day pass?”

Come to think of it, you did see some people wearing bracelets even before they were admitted inside. Reading the charge on the sign, you loosen your coin purse and hand the man your money.

Strangely, the sight of it seems to confuse the doorman. He plucks a coin from your hands and inspects it front-to-back, eyes slowly widening as he recognizes its authenticity. It’s a look eerily close to the one that shifty Ginko merchant gave when he first laid eyes on a plate, and you can clearly read the conflicting thoughts running through the man’s head: Whether to feign ignorance and pocket the coins, or do the right thing and tell you the bad news.

After a moment of deliberation, he chooses to hand the money back to you, “sorry, we only take cash. If you can’t pay, then I’m going to have to ask you to step out of line.”

The line behind you is growing restless, filling your ears with ill whispers:

“Ugh, so obnoxious. Why can’t people just break character to do basic shit?”

“C’mon, hurry it up, I’ve been waiting all day to get in...”

Before their disparaging remarks can hit a fever pitch, however, you hear a lone voice cut above the crowd:

“Hey! I’m really sorry, they’re with me!”

One of the con-goers jogs out the doors, sunlight gleaming off their iridescent visor—in fact, their body is clad in futuristic armor, whose chitin-like plates and other insectoid elements dip heavily into the visual language of the heroic.

The figure reaches into their bag and presents the doorman with a small stack of paper bills. Accepting it, he wraps a bracelet around your wrist and steps aside. The look in his eyes tells you to move along quickly, so he can deal with everyone else vying to get in.

Your mysterious helper glances back at you, and though their face is hidden behind their helmet, you can at least sense a welcoming smile being directed your way.

“Sorry for butting in, but I was watching from the door and you seemed like you were having trouble,” they remark, pointing at your purse, “this your first time? Staying in-character is hard, isn’t it? Oh! There’s some coin collectors set up in the West Wing if you were planning on covering yourself with those.”

For someone dressed so fearsomely, they certainly speaks with a great deal of nervousness and energy. Maybe a bit too much energy.

“I’m Vivian, by the way! What’s your name?”
Breathing in, Hotaru loosens his grip as he overhears people in line. 'Husbando? Season? In Character?' amongst other concepts all swirl through his head. He presumed that season did not mean the same as the word he knew. No, these people all seemed to be obsessed with fantasies and fairy tales. It was mundane and for daydreamers. Reality was much harsher, and every waking moment was a fight for survival. TO think, a reconnaissance mission would result in this. He then noticed it was his turn to enter, and procured a coin.

The Hisuian man blinks as the security guard stares at the coin he offered as payment... That look of greed and hunger, he's seen it before. The very same look was on that rat bastard's face on seeing one of the plates. He felt the need to take the man down but refrained. The man also refrained and instead told him he needed paper money. Why paper money? That felt like such a waste.

Then... he was saved by a weird person dressed in an insectoid-inspired outfit. Surely, based off of what he had overheard, another "character costume". Whatever that meant. Still, Hotaru was grateful for the assistance. He was in a strange world, with extremely strange people. Though, it did post the question. Did the spacetime distortion slide him temporally, spatially, or both?

"Thank you, Vivianne," he thanked the person with a bow. If not for... his name, he would most likely have difficulty pronouncing hers.

"My name is Hotaru, a shinobi of Jubilife Village. Sub-branch of the Security Corp, to serve as eyes and shield of Commander Kamado. I presume this is not Hisui correct?" he then questions the person after introducing himself.

He then shakes his head, remembering the other things the person had said.

"If you could please take me to these "collectors" of yours, I would appreciate it. And, whatever is going on."

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-08-2022, 09:10 PM   #173
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Shadow-

"That's enough," the doctor calmly states before you hear a few buzzers.

You see the training dummy sink beneath the floor, a new one to soon replace it. Dr. Richards soon shuffles into the room, a team of scientists behind him. They all seem to be scribbling down notes as he shambles along to you and the frenzied Tyrunt. The dino tries to snap, but the doctor doesn't flinch and continues to walk toward you.

"Teething, and possibly malnutrition. However, the latter is no fault of your own if that is the case. We've encountered a few challenges with the breeding program, including how the young react as they grow," he states, offering a hand to help you up.

With his other hand, he snaps before a scientist comes in with a large bone. From the looks of it, its quite rare and ancient in and of itself, even if it looks similar to the Thick Clubs Marowak liked. You see Prince perk up, and the scientist throws the object towards the Tyrunt. The Pokemon then starts to chew on it happily, his strong jaw not enough to break it.

"A Rare Bone, is likely to be an Aurorus femur or some other large Jurrasic Era Pokemon," the Scientist explains. "Doctor, I do have a report for you as well."

You have obtained x1 Rare Bone!

Doctor Richards nods, and takes the paper in his other hand and reads it before talking to you.

"That should help calm down your Pokemon during teething episodes, and make it not want to bite you when you order it to. As for payment, I'd like to instead enlist your help, if you have the time. I just got a report that something was gunking up our revival machine with slime trails leading up to the ventilation shaft. If you could investigate this issue for us, I can write this off as a business expense and see you get paid in return for your services. Usually, we won't ask a guest to help with this, but we currently don't have any other trainers in to ask. And, well, you're already here, so we don't need to fetch security. So what do you say Mr. Hatchley?" Doctor Richards explains, starting to ramble on at a surprisingly fast pace, still waiting for you to take his hand.

What do you do?
After his initial moment of shock wears off, Hatchley immediately sits upright and checks himself for injuries. Pulling up his shirt, he feels around his sides—a couple of small scratches from Prince’s landing, but nothing too serious. The medical team being on-call is appreciated, of course, but he can handle a little first aid on his own.

As he’s tending to his wounds, the teen listens carefully to the good doctor’s prognosis... wait... isn’t that for medical things? Eh... it sounds smart, just go with it.

“Malnutrition?” he parrots, tilting his head in unison with Prince. The more he thinks about it, the more obvious it feels. The dino has an ancient palette, predisposed to hunting for live feed... and of course, chewing on bone marrow. Of course he wouldn’t vibe with a bowlful of meat-tinged pellets...

Honestly, the Hatchley isn’t sure what stings more—hydrogen peroxide on a fresh cut, or the implication that he didn’t know any better when it came to nearly starving his own Pokemon.

“Thanks, doc,” he says, still catching his breath on the floor. Seeing Prince happily gnawing away on that (frankly ridiculously huge) bone, he remembers that it won’t do him any good to be afraid of his Pokemon. The baby Tyrunt might not know his own strength... and he might not know the difference between his Trainer and meat... but that doesn’t make him malicious.

Hatchley’s eyes drift back to Dr. Richards, his hand outstretched as he requests the teen’s assistance. For a moment, he almost wants to ask “why me?” Why the teenager completely out of his depth on scientific matters, and only a single disobedient Pokemon to his name?

But that wouldn’t be a response befitting a fierce, cool dragon tamer like him.

“Of course I’ll help! Consider it thanks for helping me figure out this whole teething business!” Hatchley replies, beaming brightly. He takes the researcher’s hand, grunting slightly as he lifts off the ground like a board.

After brushing the dirt out of his jeans, the teen strikes a confident pose he very clearly copied off the telly, “besides, it’s a Trainer’s duty to help people in need, right? Come rain or slime—shit, shine!

Before they set out, though, Prince comes up behind his Trainer and prods him with the end of his bone. The dino’s eyes are much brighter than before, and he seems quite excited to see what this little request entails—even so, Hatchley can tell that he’s still a bit hungry.

“Guess things are looking up now, buddy,” the teen remarks, crouching down to meet the Tyrunt at his level. He reaches into his bag, and places a handful of taffy-like candies on the ground in front of him, “here. It’s not exactly meat, but it should tide you over until we can get you a nice steak or something.”

Prince, of course, immediately makes every single one of them disappear—wrapper and all. The dino is overtaken by a burst of energy, and he starts Stomping around the room in a Rare Candy-induced sugar high.

*Feeding 4 Candies to Prince! (Lvl 6 > 10)*

“Good stuff, huh? Wonder what they taste like for humans...” Hatchley remarks. He’s nearly tempted to pop one into his mouth and try, but... well, he’s not exactly about to eat Pokemon treats in front of people with PhDs.

Really, the sooner he gets to investigating this slime business, the better. For everyone.

Last edited by ShadowDRGN; 07-08-2022 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2022, 01:44 PM   #174
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Liltwick - “Ooooh~! Very nice character work!” Vivian replies, visibly shaking with excitement as you introduce yourself, “so, are you like one of those historical martial arts fans? That stuff always looks so fun, but the equipment and costumes are a huge investment...”

The girl’s questions are endless, but it only reinforces your sense that these costumed people are taken by flights of fancy. She engages with your name, your appearance, your very life story in terms of recognizability—and evidently, whatever mental catalog of fiction she has in there is drawing a blank.

“Anyways! It’s nice to meet you, Hotaru!” she says. It seems she doesn’t even notice that you got her name wrong... or perhaps she’s so caught up in your ‘character’ that she doesn’t mind. Either way, she’s at least willing to help you find your bearings, for now.

Vivian waves at you to follow as she ventures inside. A wall of cool air washes over you as you enter the cavernous space, and your eyes have to take a moment to adjust to the unnatural glow of fluorescent lights.

Once they do, however, you find yourself transported to a surprisingly familiar scene: Stalls filled to the brim with candy and festive props turn an otherwise open space into a bustly, labyrinthine market—a spitting image for a Hisuian festival!

“Welcome to Fizzytopia’s biggest comic con of the year!” Vivian says, raising her voice above the din of the crowds, “day two’s always the busiest, heh... Oh! C’mon, we can get to the west wing through here!”

With Vivian practically dragging you to your destination, you have plenty of time to take in your surroundings a little more. There’s a sort of hand-crafted feel to everything. Vendors haphazardly tape posters and paper signs to their stalls as attendees browse through their merchandise, while artists work away at signings for excited fans. You see people hunched around a table, rolling colorful dice and reciting magical incantations among themselves—as though there weren’t enough layers of fantasy already.

Eventually, the two of you find yourselves roaming the halls, just outside the main event grounds. There are still plenty of stalls lining the walls, but something about the atmosphere seems less congested, with vendors more willing to engage in long conversations with their guests.

You spot the table you’re looking for easily, seeing as it’s completely covered from end-to-end in glittering coins. You’re greeted by a man with a silver-speckled beard, and seeking some legal tender, you take out your coin purse to sell.

Unlike the doorman, the collector doesn’t seem particularly phased by the sight of your money. Sliding a handful of coins across the glass, he quietly takes out his tools and starts appraising them.

As you’re waiting for the verdict, your eyes sweep over the glass cases sitting on the man’s table, and you immediately notice the range of dates printed on their faces: 1917... 1943... 1961... 1999... 2008...2022—it seems you’ve been shunted forward more than a century in time!

“Alright. I can do this much for ‘em,” the collector says, passing you a piece of paper with... quite a few zeroes written on it—more than this meager stack of gold would be worth back home.

What will you do?
Old 07-17-2022, 01:49 PM   #175
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Sunder Island: Zelphon

Pumpkaboo hesitated, seemingly tossing the turmoil within its head before it decided to spill what seemed to be within its mind.

"You're pretty correct... you need to know thyne enemy to defeat the scary foe.
I should assume that you know the history of this land correct? That this was once a lovely thriving island with mostly happy people and pokemon.
There were those on this island that decided to harness the dark powers within a giant building southeast of here"

Dark Powers?? Well, perhaps the Pumpkaboo meant the Nuclear Power Plant, as you had heard that it went into meltdown and horrid radiation started to spill out within the confines of the island. But, something struck you as odd. There was a huge lack of pokemon here, spare those you have met and heard. Even on the way here, there was a startling lack of Pokémon. Yeah the island had been evacuated and there were supposed to be very few pokemon left if any, but those that were here should have reproduced or at very least grew enough to make a noticeable dent in the area.

And while radiation levels have seemingly died down to hospitable levels, not even normal migratory pokemon are coming back through as this island is undoubtedly a perfect nesting ground for sea and sky pokemon alike.

"That nuclear meltdown was no accident and was only a cover story," The pumpkin pokemon said out of the blue, startling you from your brooding.

"Dark powers are at play, binding my poor friend's bodies to this plane of existence and warping the shallow remains of their souls, how exactly this is done, I cannot say for I do not know. But, what I can say is that there exists another person upon this island. They are the one causing all of this... "
Thoughts rush through Marietta's mind as the Pumpkaboo continues to explain the situation and history of the land, especially when the subject of the infamous energy plant is brought up.

("Indeed a place of power, but faded such that it is...")

Snapping out of thought, Marietta resumes taking in the information, a perplexed look taking form on her face as the destressed pokemon goes on to explain the true nature of the long past catastrophe and its true cause.

"A herald of many unfathomed truths you hath been and for that we thank you oh Hallowed King! Though indeed such revelations leave us with more questions than answers this one believes little is left to be gained by continued pondering and inaction.

Indeed though some are reluctant to face this great an enemy my servants and I shall make way to this Castle of Falsehoods to divest it of what secrets it might yet hold."

Twirling around Marietta begins making her way southeast, hardly noticing as Phantom once again releases himself from his pokeball and hovers over to the Pumpkaboo.

"Pray accept my apologies it seems my Lady has grown impatient and seeks the Power Plant for what puzzle pieces remain, we wish you and yours continued safety" the Shuppet explains before floating after Marietta.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records