UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 04-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
deoxys
Fog Badge

Pokemon Reorchestrated

I don't THINK I'm late to the party, but I totally just discovered this today.

And it is absolute music euphoria. These are incredibly well made, music from Gen I - V, and... I really hope there is more in store for the future. And it's all free to download.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Not bad. There are some spots which definitely feel "not a real orchestra" either because they're too sterile or because there's a questionable transition out of nowhere, but it's still much better than, say, your typical electronic remix. I've only listened to two tracks so far (Gen3 End, which of course I immediately gunned for , and then the very first track, "A Placed Called Pallet Town"), but I'll probably keep listening to the rest as well. It's nice. And it's neat to learn that someone who for all we know could be the next Shostakovich or Copland has a vested interest in bringing our beloved Pokemon to the highfalutin masses.

EDIT: Have listened to quite a few more now. As before, you can tell it's not a live orchestra ... but it's still very, very good. And whether it's live or synthetic isn't really the point anyway. I kinda question why he felt the need to remix some of these, though. Mostly the Unova songs since, let's face it, those are already pretty darn orchestral and his touch-ups on those two pieces are barely noticeable. I wonder what he was hoping to learn from working on those two pieces ... *shrug* I was kinda put off by his remix of the G/S Champion battle at first, if only because it made me think "Oh great, another Duel of the Fates ", but he'd won me over somewhere between the first quarter and the halfway mark. Only issue I had with that one in the end was that the pacing did not feel appropriate at the end, namely, he ran through the song twice and then hurriedly finished it off. I think it would have felt much more authentic, much more like a real song that was intended to be listened to once through and devoid of pointless repetition, if he had, I dunno, changed the way he ended the second loop. (I'm referring to the bit BEFORE the tag he places onto the very end of the song. That's post-loop. I'm referring to the end portion OF the loop.)

Last edited by Talon87; 04-02-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
Allishinca
Boulder Badge

Wow, awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Allishinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
phoopes
Double Dragon

I'm not going to lie, the Ruby/Sapphire ending did almost bring a tear to my eye. It was beautifully orchestrated, and brought back the nostalgia hard from when I played those games as a little kid. Haven't listened to any of the other songs yet, but from what I heard from that, they're sure to be a treat.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
This stuff is amazing. I hope the guy makes more of them
Old 08-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
It's been over a year, and this guy's been busy, he's now got a full "symphony" of Red/Blue.

I listened to it all earlier today, it's pretty fantastic. Definitely hits the nostalgia. He's got a youtube channel, check it out.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #7
Mercutio
Banned

Hah, that's not bad. Needs to work on his texture, particularly using different timbre to create effects, but not bad at all. I've heard better, but fair dos to the guy for actually making money out of it.

EDIT: Oh I just read the thread, you guys seem to be less critical than me. Woops.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON