UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Professor Layton 6 announced ... but last in the series?

This could be another Hideo Kojima "I'm done making Metal Gear games" moment but if it's not, well, take this news as you will. We knew from the moment they announced the fourth game that we'd be getting at least three more games (4, 5, and 6) forming a prequel trilogy to the three games we were already familiar with. What we haven't known until now is whether they'd put the series on hold, produce a seventh game which takes place in the 4-5-6 timeline, produce a seventh game which takes place after 3, or do something entirely different (e.g. a seventh game in between 1 and 2, 4 and 5, etc). Well, now we now: Level 5 is saying this is to be Layton's final adventure. And since 6 takes place chronologically before 1, 2, and 3, you know they're not saying "last" as in in-universe it's his last. So that pretty much means, with zero ambiguity, that they intend to stop making Layton games after they do the Phoenix Wright crossover and this sixth title in the main Layton series.

Whether they intend to focus their efforts on the Layton Brothers project, who can say. Regardless, it looks like this may be the last game for quite some time featuring Layton and Luke.

But hey! At least we're getting it. So that's good, right? ^_^;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Patches
Shake it!

I think my heart just broke a little.. I really don't want to see this series end.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games