UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 03-19-2016, 01:45 PM   #51
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Because you hit your first meaningful hurdle and have yet to overcome it? Or perhaps because that first loss sent you into a slump-spiral and you need to psych yourself up to get out of it? There are lots of possibilities. Don't let it get you down either way. You'll be winning again soon enough.

One reviewer suggested that:
  • Suicune is thought to be what will become the main for most Evo-type players
  • Machamp is 100% about closing the gap between himself and his opponent. Get in close and he wins, kept away and he loses.
Seems like opinions are split between all of the casual reviewers which of the Pokémon are the top-tier ones and which of them are the bottom-tier ones. Everyone seems agreed on the fact that Chandelure, Garchomp, and a couple of others are "heavies" that take a lot of work to play well, but when people complained about Chandelure it generally seemed to stop at "I didn't enjoy playing as Chandy :\" and didn't go that extra step to "Chandelure was screwed by design and isn't going to be able to be a top-tier Pokémon." But the heavies aside, I've heard wildly different opinions on who's great and/or easy to use and who isn't. One reviewer's main was Machamp. Another reviewer's main was Blaziken. Another's was Gengar. Another's was Sceptile. I have no clue how much of this is due to casual fighting fans toying around with their Poké-favorites and how much of it is Namco having produced a fairly balanced roster where there are few or no clear winners or losers. Hopefully it's the latter. Would give the game a lot of rewarding depth over the years. No one wants to waste time mastering a bottom-tier fighter, but if everyone's top tier then it can make the time it takes to master different play styles rewarding.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #52
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
I think they should add more 'mon :3

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #53
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
I can see what you mean by Gengar's voice acting but I love him so much it doesn't matter. He's definitely going to take some work to get the hang of but he's really fun for now while I can still button mash and destroy the low-leveled AI lol

EDIT: omg his victory animation where he swims through the ground he's so adorable I cant even
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:10 PM   #54
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>balance

I feel like the game is actually relatively balanced; there are clearly some match-ups that are in one 'mon's favor over another but I haven't noticed any huge gap in balance for the most part.

Interestingly, I came across a tier list a community already cooked up and it's really different from my experiences and the experiences of a lot of others. I think it'll be a long while before a clear power ranking shakes out and it wouldn't surprise me if Namco/Bandai does more than one balance patch sometime in the near future too.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:31 PM   #55
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

I think it's kind of impossible to create a tier list this early because there's probably so much about each mon that hasn't been discovered yet. I'd take all that with a grain of salt right now.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #56
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
>tier list

I looked through that tier list and I agree with what App's saying in that it is way too early for a tier list. In fact, I'd argue the positions of some Pokemon. (I mean, I might be one of the only people who thinks Sceptile deserves Tier 1 but hey, I do.)
Old 03-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #57
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
I main Ganon in sm4sh

Tiers are for scrubs.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:37 PM   #58
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

It's also worth noting that their actual qualifications are suuuuuper noncommittal to the point of the distinction between God and A tier being nearly meaningless.

In other news, does anyone else hope for DLC?

Personally, I'm actually really satisfied with the roster even without having gotten even regular Mewtwo yet. I think there's a really diverse set of playstyles and approached to the game and each Pokémon feels really multidimensional, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more unconventional picks or some more Gen/type representation (no Bug, Rock or Normal is sorta lame, especially when we have like 4 Fire types).
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:38 PM   #59
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Needs more Banette

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:51 PM   #60
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

I do really like the roster we have, there's a good mix of Pokemon and several I see myself liking a lot. But, I do think any DLC mon would be a welcome addition (the more the merrier) just as the addition of DLC characters to smash has been pretty great. Pokemon like Snorlax, Lopunny, and Golem come to mind as some potential interesting candidates.

It's funny because I haven't actually touched anyone other than Gengar yet loooool
Old 03-19-2016, 07:54 PM   #61
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
Needs more Banette
I'm gonna actually agree here.

Also, more Grasses.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:12 PM   #62
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

BORKED

(Warning Shofu shouts for p much the entirety of this video)

I think this sums up Pokken quite well right now; there's just SO MUCH to be discovered and so much room to improve. Idk about you guys but I've been getting my ass handed to me online, so I know I've got a lot to learn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON