UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Free RP Zones

Old 07-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #26
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"A trick?" Meowth repeated, sounding intrigued. "Wat kinda trick is it?"

"Let's find out," Ruby replied, watching how eagerly Kauka responded to the suggestion. And the Vullaby shifted her unusually golden plumage, until they caught the light in just the right way to turn into a powerful Fairy-type technique. Pahalo very clearly saw this coming and was able to shield herself, complete with a mischievous snicker. Meowth and Ruby had no such luxury.

"...Dazzlin' Gleam," Meowth said weakly, reeling from the attack. "Da trick is Dazzlin' Gleam. Wat even..."

"And a powerful Dazzling Gleam, too," Ruby grinned at the Vullaby. "I really felt that. In fact, if I wasn't part Fire-type, that would've been super effective. You're pretty strong," she told Kauka.

Meanwhile, another duo of Pok閙on had entered the Tree Grove. Just as there was definite love between Meowth and Ruby, so too was there love between these newcomers. Just... of a different variety. Rather than the love one might have for one's mate, this love was more of a mother/daughter variety.

"...so between Water, Fire, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ice, and Fairy, you got a lot of possibilities," smiled the larger of the two. "Any ideas yet, sweetie?"

"Hmm..." murmured the infant, whose unusually white fur was a stark contrast to the pitch-black coat her mother sported. "All of them. None of them!" she declared with a smile. "I don't wanna pick just one!"

Cyanide gave a chuckle at her daughter's enthusiasm and ambition. "You want to be like all of them?" she asked.

Eon shook her head. "I wanna be better than all of them!" she smiled. "Maybe someday I'll even be as good as you, Mom!" she added, smiling admiringly up at the Umbreon.

Cyanide smiled proudly at her daugher. "If anyone can be as good as me, it'd be you," she said. "Now, let's go see if we can find Mommy's friend, hmm?"

"Oh! Do you mean Miss Freighya? Do I get to meet Miss Freighya?" asked Eon, hopping up and down enthusiastically.

Cyanide did not respond for a moment, looking around. Then, upon spotting a pinker-than-average Espeon in the distance, she grinned. "Yes, you do," she confirmed, leading her excitable daughter that way.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:09 AM   #27
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Ruby squeeled with glee when she saw the painting "it's perfect thank you!"
Kyray was finished and bowed with the completion.
Frieghya yawned and woke up from her nap, stretched and looked over. Hey Cyanide, who's your friend?

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
笥因 furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:24 AM   #28
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Of course it's perfect," smirked Chromium, though it was clear she was very appreciative of the praise. "You're very welcome."

Fang grinned and applauded as Kyray and Aria finished up.

The Roserade turned to Kyray. "That was fun," she smiled. "I absolutely love dancing."

Cyanide grinned at Freighya's question. "Freighya, I'd like you to meet my daughter, Eon," she replied.

"Hi! Hi, miss Freighya!" smiled Eon, her white tail wagging as she looked up at the Espeon. "Wow, you're really pink!" she added.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:26 PM   #29
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Ruby smiled "you are very talented."
Kyray nodded "me too!"
Smaug clapped and picked up and hugged his mate

Frieghya smiled so you and pom decided to have a kid, congrats. she licked a paw and swished her tail yup, I'm pretty bright pink huh. My trainer had me recolored at the old boutique.

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Chromium grinned in response to Ruby's praise. Stating the obvious, the Smeargle thought, though she thought better than to actually say that. "Well, I must say, your unusual colors did inspire me," she responded. "I've never seen a Plusle that looks quite like you. It's an interesting look."

Aria smiled, for as Smaug went over and hugged Kyray, so too did Fang approach Aria and hug her. "Beautiful," the Carnivine said, gazing at the Roserade in his arms.

Aria smiled. "Do you mean me or my dancing?" she asked.

"Both," Fang grinned. This earned him a kiss from the Roserade.

Cyanide smiled as Freighya congratulated her. "Thanks," she replied.

"Ohh, OK," said Eon as Freighya explained her Trainer had her recolored. "I thought maybe you were Shiny, like me."

"No, Eon," smiled Cyanide. "If miss Freighya was Shiny, she'd be bright green."

"Bright green?" repeated Eon, looking back at Frieghya. "I'm glad you're not Shiny," she stated. "You wouldn't look nearly as pretty."
Old 07-21-2017, 01:28 AM   #31
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Ruby chuckled "my trainer had me recolored. I reminded her of a cartoon character."
Smaug smiled and put down his mate to turn to the other couple,"You were pretty great too Aria."
Kyray Chan nodded.
Frighya blushed Thanks, so what do you think you want to evolve into? she addressed the little shiny eevee in front of her.

Hater of loss meme
Old 07-21-2017, 07:04 PM   #32
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Ah," nodded Chromium. "The Boutique, then, right? I've been there once myself. Not to be recolored, though- Keith had to register my unique coloration." She held up her tail, showing the Koffing-purple paint on the brushlike end of the tail. "Normally, Smeargle tail paint defaults to green. Or red in the case of a Shiny. But mine defaults to purple. Keith believes it's because of how often I've practiced my Sludge Wave attack."

Aria smiled, and as soon as Fang let go, she took a bow. "Thank you very much," she responded. "And you were wonderful as well, right, Fang?"

The Carnivine nodded. "Definitely," he agreed.

"Oh, I'm not gonna evolve," grinned Eon. "I don't wanna just pick one Eeveelution- I wanna become better than all of them! Besides, I love being a Normal-type. Dad's a Normal-type and he's super awesome!"

"Hard to argue with her logic," grinned Cyanide. "Keith's already agreed to help teach her as many different types of moves as possible. Starting next week, in fact- somebody's got an appointment with the Move Tutor, doesn't she?" she said, smiling at her daughter.

"Yeah! Miss Freighya, I'm gonna learn Flamethrower next week!" Eon exclaimed happily.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:36 PM   #33
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Ruby smiled "that's super cool!"
Smaug grinned "so now what kyray?"
Kyray shrugged "let's find something to do with these guys, I like them."
Frieghya nodded more power to you. I'm finding that I'm very proficient with my tail when I'm not using my psychic powers.

Hater of loss meme
Old 07-23-2017, 09:41 AM   #34
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I think so," Chromium agreed with a small smirk.

"That's fine with us," smiled Aria. "Hmm... What about a battle?" she suggested.

"Ooh, yeah, I like that," Fang grinned.

"Oh, cool," smiled Eon. "Do you know any cool tail attacks? Poison Tail? Aqua Tail? Iron Tail? Dragon Tail?"

"Unfortunately, I don't think it'd be possible for her to learn Poison Tail," Cyanide smiled. "Though those others could all be possible," she added fairly.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:16 AM   #35
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Ruby tilted her head, "so um..can I keep the painting or did you want to?"
Smaug nodded "now it's my turn to show off what I got." He cracked his knuckles and stepped forward. Kyray bounced and looked ready to cheer him on.
Frieghya smirked not yet but I will go to the move tutor soon. I do a mean Swift though. she flicked her tail releasing stars.

Hater of loss meme
Old 07-25-2017, 12:54 AM   #36
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Chromium considered this. On the one paw, she kinda liked to admire her own work. But on the other paw, Ruby so clearly admired her work as well, and that alone was enough to bring a small smile to the Smeargle's face.

"...You can keep it," she finally said. "Just remember to tell anyone who asks who painted it for you, alright?"

Fang grinned and floated forwards, ready to battle as well.

Aria stepped forward by Fang's side. "Kyray, would you care to make this a double battle?" she requested of the Pachirisu.

"Ooh, wow," smiled Eon, watching Freighya's Swift. "Yeah, I gotta learn that too someday, that's awesome!"
Old 07-28-2017, 09:14 PM   #37
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Meanwhile, as Keith Masters's Pok閙on enjoyed the Tree Grove...

"Gavin no happy."

Miror rolled his eyes. The Maractus had heard the same mind-bendingly obvious statement from the Shiny Slowbro multiple times over the past few minutes. "Well, yeah," Miror replied. "I mean, first off, the guy's got a Yungoos chain of 39 going, and then, just like that, finds a Purrloin, whole afternoon wasted. Then he finds out the Bar's getting renovated, something about fire damage, and now there's the fact he can't bring us in that nightclub. Dude's had a pretty bad day."

"...Gavin say bad words," Dudley replied.

"...Yes. Yes he does," replied Miror. "Quite frequently." Yeesh, the Maractus thought to himself. Dudley's good people and all, but if I can't get something resembling actual intelligent conversation soon, I think I'm gonna go crazy.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:53 PM   #38
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMF! MFMFMFMMMMMMMEREFFFFRRTGGGGMFFFFF"

"Oh, stop it. The ice will not melt any faster if you complain."

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"

"I mean, if we are going to be perfectly honest here, Rhubarb, you do deserve this, after what you've done."

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMFFHFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFMM"

The one struggling to speak - the small Gulpin named Rhubarb - has a clear reason for her distress; namely, the sculpture of ice, made to look like a Gulpin, which just so happens to be slightly larger than she is. The sculpture is clearly stuck inside Rhubarb's mouth, likely due to an attempt on the Gulpin's part to eat it.

The one watching and responding to her distress is a little penguin with a big block of ice encasing her skull. Though the ice makes her expression difficult to read, her tone speaks volumes.

"All art is suffering, Rhubarb... and, you know, I don't particularly feel like suffering today. But I do feel like making art. And THIS -" The penguin motions with her wing towards the Gulpin and her vain struggles to swallow the ice, "is peak performance art. Look at you, trying to swallow a representation of your own SELF. This is poetry in motion, I tell you. We're going to do an exhibition together, and it will be a huge hit. I just need to come up with a good name for it..."

"Mmfffff? MmRrhrhruuMRMRbb?"

"We're not naming it after you. That's silly. Ohhhh, perhaps we can call it The Last Meal of Narcissus? Or Devouring Reflections? Or... Hmmmmm... Rhubarb, if you could struggle a bit less LOUDLY, I could think."

With a powerful swallow, Rhubarb finally manages - with both determination and sufficient melting of the ice - to swallow the artistic representation of self which the penguin was waxing poetic about. Though Rhubarb looks quite satisfied with herself, the posture of the Eiscue strongly suggests that she is not.

"Hmph. Way too quick. We'll have to go larger for the exhibition."

"Could... could I just promise never to eat one of your sculptures again, Ysayle? Would that be enough? They melt in my stomach, anyway... and they're not as filling as they look." Rhubarb looks a little sheepish, her green cheeks pink with embarrassment. For such a big mouth, her voice is rather small and demure.

The Eiscue known as Ysayle shakes her head. "You know, Rhubarb, I did momentarily consider performing a particularly vengeful Heimlich maneuver on you the moment you consumed my gnarled representation of abandonment formerly known as MOTHER TREE, WOMB OF ICE. But no, no - you inspired me, Rhubarb."

"I... I suppose it would have melted rather quickly in this heat, anyway... Rather warm for Autumn, isn't it?"

"Such is life," Ysayle counters, her tone as icy as the cube around her head. "Mine is an ephemeral medium."

"Ephemeral medium..." Rhubarb purses her lips, thinking.

"Don't strain yourself," Ysayle remarks sarcastically. "Those are some big words for a small brain."

"Oh, I'm not straining! Thank you for your concern," Rhubarb responds with a big smile - clearly missing the snarky tone in Ysayle's voice. "I was just thinking... it's a bit like food, isn't it? The ephemeral nature of pleasure and enjoyment is similar to admiring one of your sculptures."

"Hmph." Ysayle crosses her arms and turns away. "Whatever."

Despite this rudeness, Rhubarb's cheery attitude does not seem at all deterred - after all, there were plenty of fruit trees in the grove, with plenty of ripe fruit to eat, and if there was plenty to eat - and no ice sculptures blocking the way to her stomach - then all was right in the world.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 09-26-2021 at 01:06 PM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:49 PM   #39
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"...I will admit, it's rather nice to actually be able to come here."

"S-see, Laugh? T-today's gonna be just fine!"

The Froslass couldn't help but nod wordlessly, looking around and admiring her beautiful surroundings. Earlier that day, Terri Alph had decided to go to the Trainer-Only Nightclub, an establishment infamous for its no-Pok閙on-allowed policy. For most, the mere presence of a nearby Pok閙on-only area made for a most obvious arrangement. The Trainers dropped off heir Pok閙on at the Tree Grove, went to the Nightclub, and that was that. But naturally, for Pok閙on that used to be human, or maybe even vice versa, it might not feel so cut and dry. This Froslass, who now went by the name of Laugh, was a prime example- having been human in life before freezing to death in the unforgiving frigid weather of Mt. Scuffle, was less than pleased that she wasn't able to accompany her girlfriend to the Nightclub.

The other Ghost-type beside her, however, was doing her best to not let this dampen Laugh's spirits. Nuzzle the Mimikyu had been quick to remind Laugh that while her situation now barred her from the Nightclub, it at the same time opened up a different door for her- namely, a door to the Tree Grove. Humans weren't allowed here, but their Pok閙on certainly were. Terri hadn't dropped off any Pok閙on here; rather, Laugh was given the idea by Terri's Murkrow, and so she, Nuzzle, and a few others set out for this place on their own.

"Well... I suppose this could be worse," conceded the Froslass, managing a small smile. "It's not as though Terri and I need to be doing the same thing every minute of every day."

"E-exactly," Nuzzle nodded. "I- um, Crabbe and I, we- we love each other, b-but we also can j-just go off and do our own things sometimes. It's... it doesn't mean we love each other any less."

"...You're right," nodded Laugh. "Thank you, Nuzzle. So... oh! Who are they?" she murmured, spotting a couple of unfamiliar Pok閙on in the distance. The pair of Ghost-types headed off in that direction, and they came into clearer view just as the Gulpin, with some difficulty, swallowed the large ice sculpture, seemingly to the Eiscue's displeasure.

"Uh, um... h-h-hi," Nuzzle squeaked, being the first to move forward and make their presence known to the new faces. "I... I'm Nuzzle. This is Laugh."

"Hello," Laugh said with a small wave. She was looking at the Eiscue rather curiously. "I... pardon me for staring," she added. "But, um... I don't... I mean, do you make the, the..." She moved her hands in a square shape, as though to indicate she meant the ice cube that seemed to make up both the Eiscue's head and species name basis. "...do you make that yourself, or does it happen naturally? I... never have met an Eiscue before, so I don't..." she trailed off slightly awkwardly, hoping she hadn't managed to thoroughly offend the Eiscue before even knowing her name.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:54 PM   #40
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Ysayle nods her head coolly in the direction of the two approaching ghost types, listening to the pair make their introductions. Rhubarb, on the other hand, barely acknowledges the Mimikyu and Froslass, instead deciding to become better acquainted with one of the nearby berry trees.

Ysayle mutters something under her breath about the rudeness of some Pokemon, glaring through her icy mask at Rhubarb, before she realizes that Laugh in particular seems to be staring at her intensely. The Froslass explains that she is intrigued by Ysayle's ice face, and wonders at its method of creation. Rather than offend Ysayle, the little penguin seems only too eager to explain - and, indeed, entirely skips her introduction in the process.

"Oh, yes, it's quite the process, really. It's hard to see with all the ice, but if you look really closely..." Ysayle moves her head closer to Laugh and Nuzzle, pointing at the top of the cube, "There's a hair in there, you see? That hair is actually connected to my brain, believe it or not. By concentrating and using my thoughts, I can keep the air around my head frozen, and endure the absolutely horrible temperatures in this climate with ease." Ysayle puffs her chest with pride. "As for the sculpture that my very rude and gluttonous friend was swallowing earlier... I tend to think more than the average, laid-back Eiscue - my thoughts are always racing - so I thought one day that I might take all that excess ice and make art with it. Seeing as this is, indeed, the physical manifestation of my thoughts, it's not a far leap to make."

Ysayle sits down, clapping her wings together as if preparing for something. "Would you like to see a demonstration?"
Old 09-26-2021, 08:34 PM   #41
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
It is a beautiful day outside. Birds were singing, flowers were blooming. On days like these... It was a perfect time for a picnic! What, no crime or punishment was going to happen. Well, at least not on the surface. But that was occurring in a different place in the parks and garden.

Here, in a sprawling, shaded meadow not too far off the path a Plusle and Minun were hard at work. The Plusle was doing his best to flatten out a red and white checkered blanket. The Minun, however, stood a further back watching his lover. A beautifully woven wicker picnic basket was in the blue mouse's hands, stuffed to the brim with foods and drinks.

"O---- Kay!" The Plusle let out with a huff, smoothing out the blanket. The usually unassuming red mouse seemed to be pretty intent in getting this to work.

"You look cute doing that~" the Minun cooed, a mischievous grin on his face.

"Cal, please don't say anything too naughty..." the red mouse responded meekly, before sitting down and motioning for the Minun to join him.

"But Percy, how could I resist?" the Minun joked before setting the basket down between them.

With his boyfriend stuck being brighter than a balloon, the Minun began to unpack two paper plates, some napkins, cups, and then containers of premade food. A nice little feast for them, and anyone who may come along to interact with the boys.

"Sure was nice of Sandy to do this for us," Percy stated, taking out a sandwich and chips to put onto his plate.

Callum nodded in response, knowing that the Dedenne worked out to take care of her fellow rodents. She was like a big sister to all of them, and wanted to make sure they all were happy, healthy, and taken care of. She was the sweetest Pokemon he knew, and could always go to her when things went wrong.

He then went to get his sandwich and chips, as well as a bottle of lemonade. He should smell chocolate chip cookies from the basket as well, the scent masked from the closed lid. A perfect dessert for the two of them, not to mention the multitude of other foodstuffs contained within.

"Well, it seems she overpacked for just the two of us," Callum remarked, causing the Plusle to look at him a tad confused.

"Babe, she said to share extra with anyone who may come by and ask," Percy told him, his tone a little confused.

"Ah, well, okay... I guess I just wanted this to be the two of us, you know?" The Minun stated a little disappointed. He then shook his head, a devilish grin appearing on his face. "No matter! We'll just have them have some fun with us!"

"This is... going to end poorly," Percy muttered, taking a bite of his food with worry. The Plusle knew that once his boyfriend wanted excitement, well, that it would turn into a whole show, song, and dance. If only he knew the guest that would soon visit.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:01 PM   #42
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Laugh had never exactly been the best at social situations, dead or alive. She managed well enough with those she knew, but when it came to meeting new people and Pok閙on, she could sometimes be a bit awkward. Thus, she looked visibly relieved as it turned out her questioning hadn't offended the Eiscue in the slightest- on the contrary, the Ice-type seemed quite eager to explain. As she pointed out, the hair sticking out of the top of the ice cube was in fact connected to her brain. Through little more than concentration and willpower, she was able to freeze the air around her head, allowing her to hold up better in what she considered horrible temperatures (Laugh could somewhat relate, being an Ice-type herself, and thus naturally being predisposed to the cold, and yet at the same time, she'd never come to see temperatures above freezing as horrible, and part of her hoped she never would).

Nuzzle, however, bristled uncomfortably as the Gulpin's actions had her labeled as rude. She could understand, of course, the displeasure at losing the ice sculpture, but on the other hand, was it right to call the Gulpin rude on that basis alone? Maybe it was, maybe she was just a little biased, being the girlfriend of a Swalot, or maybe it was this that simply gave Nuzzle a better understanding of Gulpinkind- mindless gluttony was simply how they were. They tended to think with their stomachs, regardless of their actual manners. Something she could already identify with, honestly- she was something of a glutton herself sometimes as it was. But either way, the Eiscue's assessment of the Gulpin wasn't sitting especially well with her. However, the Mimikyu was about as socially adept as her Froslass friend, and so the words with which to voice this disagreement simply weren't coming to her. Instead, she looked in the direction said Gulpin had gone, and decided to head off after her. "E-excuse me, please," she murmured as she shuffled away. As she made to catch up with Rhubarb, she called out to the Poison-type. "Um... h-hello?" the Mimikyu said. She continued to follow the Gulpin, to wherever in the park she was headed. While she didn't know exactly where this would be, she could be at least reasonably certain that food would be involved in some way. Which... was honestly pretty OK with her. Like I said, something of a glutton herself.

Laugh, on the other hand, was paying rapt attention to Ysayle's explanation, and smiled at the notion of seeing a demonstration of the Eiscue using her abilities to create art, her eyes having lit up with clear and obvious interest at the same time. "I would love to see a demonstration, yes," the Froslass nodded. "I... have something of an interest in ice sculpture myself," she admitted. Though Laugh was clearly still somewhat shy, it was now noticeably less so now that the prospect of some common ground had been established. She hovered in place, waiting eagerly to see the Eiscue work her magic.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 09-26-2021 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:57 PM   #43
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Froslass Fragile creatures, we are taught to fear the Reaper.

Though Ysayle's eyes are guarded by ice, the twinkle sparked by Laugh's apparent interest in ice sculpture is unmissable. "Oh, lovely! Rare indeed to find a fellow enthusiast. You will have to show me some of your works sometime."

Having expressed her interest in Laugh's work, Ysayle sets down to her own. Sitting down with her flippers against her head, she engages in deep concentration, and ice spews forth from the top of her skull - as if her very thoughts were pouring out in solid form. Her flippers gently guide the growing ball of ice, as her mind shapes what appears to be a decorative cuff of some sort, the size of the Froslass' wrist, with an intricate pattern of snowflakes embossing itself across the icy piece of jewelry. The process is slow, deliberate, careful - and no small amount of concentration, either - but Ysayle seems doubly determined to create some small piece of loveliness for this new friend of hers.

When she finally deems the work finished, she gives it a soft, icy breath - "the breath of life", as she called it - and offers the piece to Laugh, indicating with gesture that she should place it on her wrist.

"It won't last long, mind you -" Ysayle warns. "Even with your body temperature, such pieces are too delicate to withstand the tests of time, let alone this dreadful climate. But it will look lovely on you, I think. And the moment can be treasured for a long time, even if the bracelet cannot."

Meanwhile, Rhubarb smelled something delicious! DELICIOUS! It was time to investigate where the deliciousness was coming from, and, perhaps, partake herself. She was vaguely aware someone was following her... Possibly talking to her? Odd - she had been told this place was deserted. That was why she was dropped off here, after all. The berry trees were full to bursting with edible bounty, and Rhubarb could eat her fill. Even so, something about this scent was particularly enticing... There was love in it, suggesting the careful preparations of a doting friend. A particularly filling feast for body and soul.

It is only when Rhubarb happens upon the picnic - and realizes that there are unfamiliar faces partaking in the food - that she finally acknowledges Nuzzle following her. Stopping herself before encroaching too heavily on the Plusle and Minun's space, she turns to the Mimikyu with a curious expression.

"Oh, oh hello... pardon me," She asks Nuzzle. "Are you acquainted with this food? Or, possibly, the ones who are about to eat it?"
Old 09-28-2021, 07:23 PM   #44
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Laugh was tempted to shy away a bit at the prospect of showing Ysayle her own works. In the basement of the House of Alph, there was a whole section of the place, only accessible through a ladder in her and Terri's bedroom. This large subterranean room was kept ice-cold for the purposes of Laugh being able to work on her ice sculptures, so she certainly had her fair share to show off. But showing them off was a whole other swarm of Yanma- she was far from a professional in this, dead or alive, and more than a little self-conscious. Still, though, she reasoned, if ever Ysayle and her Trainer came to Sludge Wave Coast, she figured she very well may find it in her to willingly show her art to someone other than Terri.

But right now wasn't the time to act on that- right now was the time for Laugh to watch Ysayle in action! Indeed, the Eiscue was generating ice from the top of her skull, guiding and shaping it with her flippers, forming it into what the Froslass quickly could see to be a decorative cuff- and one that would fit her wrist just perfectly, at that. A lot of concentration was needed here, but it was clearly getting beautiful results! The snowflake pattern in particular was intricate and nothing short of lovely. And at last, the cuff was finished, the Eiscue giving it a soft, icy breath, and offering it to the Froslass, who was quick to very gently accept it and place it on her wrist, smiling as she admired it. She nodded as Ysayle warned her that even with the body temperature of a Froslass, it was certain to not last too long. She did, however, express confidence that the piece would look lovely on Laugh all the same, and stated that the moment could still be treasured for far longer than the bracelet itself. "I... th-thank you," smiled Laugh. "You really do have a gift for this," she remarked, examining the bracelet. "I doubt I could achieve something this intricate without days of work."

~~~~~

Elsewhere, Nuzzle had been awkwardly and shyly following the Gulpin, not even knowing where they were going, though strongly suspecting the location would involve food of some sort. Which honestly was fine by her, but even so. And soon, sure enough, they came upon a picnic. A Plusle and Minun were there along with more food than they could possibly eat. But before Nuzzle could greet them, she was finally acknowledged by the Gulpin, who asked if she was acquainted with the food. Or those about to eat it, for that matter. "Oh, n-no, not really," Nuzzle responded. "I just... um... I was more looking to talk to you, though I d-did start to smell the food as I went, and- um, that is to say, I don't, off the top of my head, know exactly who these m-might be- n-not that I wouldn't like to meet you," she added hastily to the paired Pikaclones, not wanting to offend. "I... just... m-my name is Nuzzle," she introduced herself to all present.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:02 AM   #45
Lil'twick
Insanity

Callum stared at the Gulpin and Mimikyu who had just arrived. Both of them looked ravenous at this point, and there was certainly more than enough food to spare. It seems that the two of them were on uneasy terms, or at least had just met. But while he didn't recognize the Mimikyu, he saw that Percy did.

"Oh hello! You go by Nuzzle now right?" Percy asked her. "My trainer's roommate is your son's trainer."

The Minun looked at his boyfriend, a little confused. Right, Percy was with Ethan a lot longer than he was, but that was fine. It was love at first sight for the both of them, and neither of them wished to be apart.

While Percy was intrigued by the Mimikyu, Callum looked at the Gulpin.

"Hello! The name is Callum, but you can just call me Cal. THis is my boyfriend Percy!" He pointed to the Plusle with a cheerful grin. "If you two would wish to join us, we'd be more than happy to have you."

The Minun then pulled out two extra sandwiches. Lightly toasted whole wheat bread, with mayonnaise on the top and mustard on the bottom. Sandwiched between the pieces of bread were lettuce, ham, and muenster cheese.

He then pulled out more of the homemade chips and poured the Mimikyu and Gulpin a cup of lemonade. It was better to be nice to new, potential friends instead of being a mischievous trickster. He knew Percy would be made if he did that, after all.

"Once we're done eating, we can have dessert, okay?" The Minun stated, causing Percy to perk up.

"You mean we get to eat Leo's cookies!?" the Plusle exclaimed. The Minun just gave a simple nod and gave his boyfriend a tender hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"Yes! And I'm sure our guests will enjoy them too. So please, both of you sit down and let's get to know each other."

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-01-2021, 06:35 PM   #46
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

All was excitement and newness and lovely smells and happy faces in the mind of little Rhubarb. With all the introductions being thrown around, she certainly felt compelled to introduce herself, as well.

"Hello, Nuzzle! Hello, Callum! Hello, Percy! Hello sandwiches, chips and lemonade! I am pleased to make all of your acquaintances," Rhubarb announces with great enthusiasm and eagerness - especially with regards to the more edible among those to whom she introduced herself.

"My name is -"

Just as about she is about to state her name, Rhubarb's stomach begins to rumble. For a Gulpin, this is practically a full-body affair - undulating, grumbling and growling, Rhubarb's whole body displays the effects of her hunger, causing her to blush profusely.

"Oh - oh, I'm so sorry! My name is Rhubarb, and -"

Once again, Rhubarb's entire body gurgles and contracts with hunger.

"and... and..."

Another rumble seizes poor little Rhubarb. Unable to stop herself, she eats her sandwich, chips and lemonade... Plates, cups and all. Despite her rather unceremonious consumption of utensils, she is still careful to only eat that which was given to her. A blissful expression appears on the Gulpin's face.

"...How kind you are to share food made with such love in it."

~*~

Ysayle practically glows with pride as Laugh puts on the bracelet and thanks the penguin, stating that she has a gift for the art. Though Laugh comments that such a thing would take her days of work, Ysayle is quick to reply with affirmation.

"How long it takes doesn't matter. What matters is that, at the end of your sessions - at the end of the hours, days, weeks, months, or even years - that when you gaze upon your work, you have done what you needed to do to bring that work to life."

Ysayle sighs. "Admittedly, I have to work quickly. My trainer is living out of a hotel - she says she will not stay in this land for very long. Both are constraints which... which I would rather be without."

The penguin's shoulders slump a bit.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:11 AM   #47
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Nuzzle had gotten the feeling that she'd recognized the Plusle at least, and this was proven correct- Percy had also recognized the Mimikyu, and not only that, identified her as the mother of a Pok閙on belonging to Percy's Trainer's roommate. Now... Nuzzle was aware that she was a mother. Her... activities with Crabbe in that long-forgotten employee lounge of the Hatchery had indeed resulted in such things. But Nuzzle had been a lot less self-assured back then (and she wasn't exactly the picture of self-esteem as it is!). She hadn't known what to say, hadn't known what to do about any of this. Thus, when she agreed to go with Crabbe when he returned home, she had a big decision to make, and to this day she wasn't convinced she made the right one; instead of taking the Eggs with her, she'd left them behind, albeit deliberately putting them where she knew caring Hatchery staff would come across them, so they would at least be well cared for. She figured she had been fortunate enough to be given a chance like this; bringing unexpected unhatched children along into the equation, she was certain nobody would welcome all of that at once. Of course, as time went on, she admitted this to Crabbe, and the Swalot had been quick to reassure her that Terri would've welcomed her, her children, and all, onto her team, and expressed a desire to meet his children someday.

Nuzzle's eyes widened behind her disguise at the mention of her son. "M-my... My son..." she murmured. "I... oh, um... just... I mean... h-how... how is he doing?" she managed to ask, tone of voice emotional. "Is... is he happy? Healthy? I... I'd like to... I'd like to m-meet him someday..." she admitted. "S-see how he's growing up..."

Rhubarb, meanwhile, was quick to accept the offered food. Almost quicker than she was to introduce herself, even, though she at least managed to give her name before wolfing down everything that she'd been given, up to and including the plates and cups. Nuzzle had likewise gratefully dug into her food, though in her case, she did leave plates and cups uneaten. Though that's not to say this wasn't a spectacle in its own right- the sandwich and lemonade were covered by her cloak, and whatever happened underneath was... noisy. Cup and plate, both picked clean, were let back out from underneath as the Mimikyu gave a deep, rumbling belch. "I... o-o-oh, um... e-excuse me," Nuzzle murmured in embarrassment.

~~~~~

Ysayle was quick to reassure Laugh that the amount of time it takes to create art doesn't matter, so long as the artist uses that time to really bring their work to life. Laugh couldn't help but nod at this, still smiling, though she looked over as the Eiscue sighed. She admitted that her situation somewhat forced her to work quickly, for her Trainer lived out of a hotel and was not intent on staying in the region for especially long. Both of which ended up being constraints the Eiscue was not especially thrilled about. "Oh..." sighed Laugh. "Um... I'm sorry about that," she said. "Um... is there any way you could communicate with your Trainer? Because I'd... I'd like it if you could convince her to visit me and my girlfriend," she said. "I could show you where I work on my own ice sculptures, and if she can be convinced to stay long enough, perhaps you could work on something there yourself. We- we live in this nice town called Sludge Wave Coast, do you know of the place?" she asked.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:54 PM   #48
Lil'twick
Insanity

Callum just watched as the Gulpin scarfed down the food, utensils and all, before apologizing profusely. It was fine. They had more than their fair share anyways. Though, he didn't really know how'd the reaction be when they didn't bring back the plates... Well, that was a problem for later.

Before he could tell the Gulpin it was fine, the Mimikyu started to speak up like a nervous wreck. She was nothing like Brulee, but did express interest in wanting to meet him one day and was asking how he was doing. It wasn't really his place to make a promise on that matter.

"I can at least try to do that for you!" Percy piped up, before covering his mouth in embarrassment. It was rare for the Plusle to state his own thoughts like that.

"Okay then... Well, that answers that question," Callum trails off deadpan. Definitely was a recoverable mistake, but still a little annoyed by the Plusle. "Guess I'll just have to tickle you later for that." He flashes Percy a cheeky grin, causing the flustered Plusle to just shut down and withdraw within himself.

"Anyways." He turned his gaze towards Rhubarb and then back at Nuzzle. "You're both good. Like I said we had more than enough food on our plates. So please, both of you, just sit down. Now that you've both had your fair share, let's digest our food and just chat."

The Minun then took another bite of his sandwich, chewing intensely while waiting for their guests to speak up. It was rude to speak while eating, after all.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-04-2021, 09:03 PM   #49
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

There was talk of Nuzzle's son. Rhubarb did not know him, and he was not edible. Therefore, Rhubarb had no interest in that topic, and nothing to say about it. She did, however, take a great deal of interest in maintaining social niceties, so she kept quiet as the others discussed him.

With assurance from Callum that she had not overstepped her boundaries, Rhubarb sighs with relief. However, having been requested to sit, the Gulpin had to do some thinking... How does one with her body... sit down, exactly? She tries to sink in a little bit - deflate slightly, like a green balloon - and hopes this will be enough to satisfy her new friends.

"I would be happy to chat!" The Gulpin grins. "Keeps the mouth occupied when not eating... or snoring. The muscles of our mouths are most important, so best to keep them in motion! No one wants stiff lips, after all. Though..."

Rhubarb looks at Nuzzle for a moment, contemplating the face behind the disguise, and how it consumes. "It's clear that you have an appetite, but... is yours a lip and tongue affair, or metaphysical consumption of our tenuous edible realities, or... I don't know, a garbage disposal?" Rhubarb blushes. "Oh, but it's probably rude to ask that... oh, dear... But I'm speaking those very thoughts aloud... Oh. Oh, dear."

~*~

Ysayle taps a flipper against her ice face, considering. "Hm... I've heard of the place, but I've forgotten where..."

It was Oroitz. Telling her she was absolutely forbidden from going there. Ever. Ever.

Funny, she had a bit of a selective memory for things she didn't like hearing. So, she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, regardless of whether I've heard of it or not, I most assuredly would love to see your studio." Ysayle claps her flippers together with delight at the thought. "Then again, I doubt my trainer would be easily convinced, but..." Ysayle shrugs. "She doesn't have to come. Maybe I could hitch a ride, somehow...? Got any friends who might be willing?"
Old 10-05-2021, 02:01 AM   #50
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Plusle spoke up, stating he could at least try to arrange for Nuzzle to meet her son, though he quickly covered his mouth and quieted down, remembering that he wasn't exactly in a position to make that promise. Nuzzle did not press the issue, realizing this herself, and not really knowing how else to approach the subject anyway. However, Rhubarb then spoke up, voicing the question of how exactly a Mimikyu... ate. As in, what exactly was under the cloak that was used in the consumption of food? She started to realize that hers might well be considered rude questions, and indeed, they came across as more than a little personal, but Nuzzle shook her head. "It's... it's OK," she murmured. "You're not the only one who's ever w-wondered, um, wh-what a Mimikyu is like under... this," she said, gesturing with a shadowy claw to the Pikachu-esque shroud that concealed her entire body from view. She took a deep breath. "I... I'm not all that certain how one might describe it, personally. I... there is a mouth, at the very least, and teeth, and a tongue, since I do chew and taste my food. Just... I- I'm not all that certain that it would look as simple as I'm describing it. And... and I can't even show you, either, that's just far too dangerous," she added, shuddering slightly. It would indeed be easier to just show rather than tell what there was to see under a Mimikyu's cloak, but one, Nuzzle was of the personal opinion that she was absolutely hideous, and two, there was the minor issue that looking under a Mimikyu's cloak has been known to quite literally scare onlookers to death. Which did not help with the first thing, for that matter. "I- I'm sorry, I can't be of more help in satisfying your curiosity," she said to the Gulpin. Then, she turned back to the Plusle and Minun. "O-oh, yes, I, um... I forgot to mention, the- the food, it was, it was very delicious," she added. "Th-thank you very much."

~~~~~

Ysayle knew of Sludge Wave Coast. Exactly where it was she'd heard of the town from, she couldn't quite say, but eh, if she couldn't really remember where she'd heard of Sludge Wave Coast from, how important could such a minor detail really be, right? But regardless, the Eiscue was very much willing to see Laugh's studio. Even if she didn't think her Trainer could be so easily convinced to come along, Ysayle didn't see that as a deal breaker, and asked if there was a way she could perhaps hitch a ride.

At this, the Froslass smiled. "There is in fact a way," she said softly. "One of my girlfriend's Pok閙on gave myself and Nuzzle a ride over here along with the rest of his family. I'm certain he would be willing to give us a ride." She paused, considering something. "Just one question, though, Ysayle," she added. "How are you with... loud noises?"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Free RP Zones