UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 06:47 PM   #1
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Charizard FB Mod Election - Phase 2 - Nominee Discussion

Hello all!

With our stock of nominees now nominated, we will move on to phase two of the election process. All those nominated who have responded to the questions will now discuss among themselves to pick three candidates for modship, after which there will be a discussion among the member base and a vote. Each mod candidate must receive a majority of the vote to be named a mod.

This thread will encompass the second phase, in which the nominees will discuss the candidates to be put forth to the community. Only the following nominees may discuss in this thread (I also reserve the right to input but will refrain from voting or proposing candidates; candidate's answers to the questions will be linked):

Marion Ette
Sneaze
Emi
Lil'twick
Missingno. Master
Ex-Admiral Insane
uhhhhh

This phase will run until Friday, May 5th, though if a conclusion is reached earlier, we will proceed to the next phase early.

Good luck to our nominees!
Old 04-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #2
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I'm going to start this post off by listing the positives and negatives I see from each candidate. There is some bias, yes, but I will not personally try and attack anyone here. I hope that we all can have a civilized discussion and we can settle this with relative ease. I'll go in order of how Jeri listed us, and will exclude myself. I feel our potential is best shown by talking and defending others, instead of getting defensive only trying to defend yourself. The mods need to be selfless in terms of serving, not selfish. Anyways, prelude done with, I shall begin my analysis.

Marion Ette: Marion is someone I've always looked up to ever since I became acquainted with her. She has a way with words that allows her to convey strong emotion in what she says. She is a strong RPer, but she is also a good leader. She is someone that most of us here like and/or respect in some manner, and she has a way interacting with others that make her someone to flock too. When I was working with her and a few others on the draft of the RP forum, she was always open to suggestions but also was focused on making sure the objective was finished. She always seems to be looking for ways to make things exciting and fresh, and often brings this with her wherever she goes. She also strongly believes in community values, and has often helped newer players and informed others of what's going on or what has happened in the past.

On the contrary, she has said herself she can disappear without a moment's notice. This unpredictability could possibly be hindrance to the mod team in the first few months. I know this is something that isn't likely going to happen, but it is something that needs to be stated. Whenever there is a chance, it's always safe to take precautions before doing something. Other than that, people could argue she still is a bit out of touch. Also, she has stated that she has been wanting to move forward in her life, like having a family. Going through this process again in the next six months? Year? Even less than that doesn't sound like a good thing.

Sneaze: Ah good old Sneezy. While he can be blunt, he does often have good intentions. He's someone that is reliable when he has a goal, and will see things through as needed. ASBers know how much he has worked behind the scenes the past few years, making sure that things are still running smoothly despite not having LOship. He will get things done, that much is certain. He has the credentials to be a good leader, regardless of what his critiques say. He is the instigator, the one who will start things and make sure they are finished in a clean, stable manner. He is also not afraid to speak his mind, and often points out a lot of things in discussion that either have gone under the radar or haven't been said. As a mod I could see him constantly tinkering with the backbone of FB to make sure it urns optimally.

Though, there are always cons. Sniz is notorious for procrastinating, even if real life stuff comes up. I know on more than one occasion he has put something off due to it either crashing or from external factors. He is also incredibly busy with his life as well, and as such he isn't able to be on all the time. While he does have good intentions, his demeanor can also be off-putting. He isn't afraid to speak his mind, which sometimes is a good thing... And other times it's not. He is pretty reliable when he is invested in something, but if he isn't then things start to slow down if he's constantly nagged about it. Especially if he isn't in the best mood.

Emi: Emi has been a major player in the discussion in the reformation of FB. She is dedicated and is willing to work with people to get things across. She points out the negatives of things, and often finds ways to either nullify or circumvent them. She is passionate about the game, and wants to revitalize it to the point where RP is fun and not seen as a chore. She's fun to talk to and is great when things are chill. Lastly, I've noticed that she often does some research and backs up her arguments with good facts and points.

However, I do have some fears too. Emi is stubborn, probably even more stubborn than Sniz. She has often carried on arguments defending her opinion to the point where those not involved tend to just try and end it. While that vigor to her ideals is true, I do notice she isn't always happy with things when they go her way. This small amount of volatility is one of my main concerns. I know she tries her best, but sometimes things can get too far too fast. Another one is a similar echo from Marion. Emi in the past has been known to take breaks from FB or ASB even due to her health. I understand that this is important to her, but if she gets stressed out I rather her take care of herself first than try and continue leading the community. I think we've all seen this before. Emi, you're a good person, but please put your health before us here in FB.

MM: MM is definitely one of the most beloved community members. To many people, he symbolizes Fizzy Bubbles and the possibilities that can be reached through time and dedication. He RPs with anyone and everyone, and tries to make people feel welcome and involved. He tends to look for things that will benefit the community more than just person gain. He has been quite active in the discussions about reconstruction, often voicing his support of ideas and pitching in his own.

However, his posts and his responses show a lack of experience in the terms of leadership.I felt when people were rallying him to be mod, that he was hesitant and tended to ignore the matter until his nomination. I understand pressure is tough, but his own post in the nomination thread had him voice his own worries and concerns. We need people who are willing to take action without fear of the repercussions, while also being a guiding voice. I just can't really see that from him right now. Especially with the pedestal some people hold him up to.

EAI: I'll be honest here, EAI and I have butted heads quite a bit during this process. He is headstrong and is willing to take risks and initiatives to get things done. He has been one of the key players in the proposal and in general some of the other ideas thrown around. I do admire his drive to stick to things, and his attempts to bring in discussion and keep things moving forwards. He has offered a lot of ideas and opinions during the discussions, and while most aren't great pr need polishing, there is the occasional gem. His investment and his drive are almost next to none in terms of the people working to make FB a better place.

There isn't always positives, however. Despite being a good updater and runner of PI, I've noticed things that don't really make him stand out like a leader. While he has taken the initiative and offered many things, looking back on them now they're just generalized versions of what a good majority of FB is thinking. Most of his responses feel parroted in some way, or are clarifications of general community works. Almost everyone else here has posted or suggested something unique, something new or different (I.e Marion's different quest lengths and Emi's Coin Zone), I just haven't seen that from him. Maybe I've missed something, but at this point there is a time when once everything is all said and done, that we need creative leaders who can offer a lot of differing perspectives.

Rue: Rue is fun and jovial. He is one of those people who can not only light up a room, but bring up a good point as well. He has experience as a SO over at BMG, so he does know more of shop inner workings than the majority of us. My main things is that he is the wild card. While he has popped in every so often to give input, I can't really gouge how he'll perform as a mod.

While I would encourage dissection, I feel if we all get our opinions of the other candidates out of the way first, the discussion could be a lot smoother.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-21-2017, 10:47 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, let's get this show on the road. Like Lit did, right now I'm just gonna give my opinions on my fellow candidates.

Marion always gave the impression, at least to me, of someone who could do great things for FB if made a mod. Her RPing is excellent, to the point where the way she RP'd her Banette back in 2012 made other people want Shuppet of their own. I wish I could get other people to want Koffing of their own by how I RP my Weezing! I myself had never given any real thought to raising a Shuppet in FB before seeing Marion's RPing, and now I have two Banette, neither of whom I would give up for anything. She cares about what the community wants, and about what's best for the community. My only real concern is the possibility that she'd have to leave. I mean, to some extent that's probably a risk for any one of us- real life comes first, after all- so somehow it seems wrong to advise against her on that basis alone.

Sneaze is another one who has been quite active in recent matters. I'm not as familiar with him as I am with some of the other candidates, considering his lengthy absence from FB and the fact that I've never gone for ASB (also, I didn't have him as an updator in Phantom Isle), but what I've been seeing from him as of late, I still get the impression that he'd help do good things for FB.

Emi's had a history of being active in FB and concerned about the direction in which it's been going. She was an updator for Cortoza, and in fact updated an adventure of mine at one point, and if memory serves, it was a good experience. She, like Marion, cares about the community, and takes an active role in it whenever she can, these past few weeks being no exception.

Lit has been taking an active role in things these past few weeks, and very clearly cares a lot about FB. Being newer to FB than the other candidates does not, in my view, detract from what I think he'd bring to the table as a mod. He has a good understanding of the game, and is a good, active member of the community.

EAI has taken a lot of initiative in this whole process, including being the one to start the FB changes thread in the first place, get the ball rolling on that, and has taken an active role in the discussions that followed. I've also had him as an updator in Phantom Isle, and as it stands right now, the adventure he's got going for me is a fun and terrifying one befitting the zone, as well as an interesting one in terms of mechanics, showing his creativity and willingness to give different ideas a try for the sake of making an interesting FB experience for someone (another example of that is when me and EBE visited his Secret Base and he got us into this epic and tense boss battle against his newly evolved Slaking, which culminated in my Scraggy evolving into Scrafty). My point being, all these things give me the impression that he'd do well as a Fizzy Bubbles mod.

uhhhhh has the same kind of fond memories of 2012 FB as I do, and strives to return it to being something like that once more, which is something I can absolutely get behind. I remember 2012 as a good, active year for FB, with lots of RPing, both in zones and in the Bar. Regular zone updates, daily Bar posts, lots of members both old and new... Good times. He's also stuck with FB for a long while, even when for him that just meant updating the weekly shops over at BMG. His consistency in doing so is, IMO, another point in his favor.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #4
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Now that the process has been put into motion, one thing I'm going to say is that we end this sooner rather than later. While I'm not pressuring anyone to make a decision immediately, I also think that waiting for an extended period of time will also be negative. I myself will make my decisions after the majority of people have weighed in on the various candidates. The sooner we get the new moderation in and remove the old moderation, the better off we will be in getting many of the changes we want in FB in action. The nominations are in no particular order at the moment.

Marion Ette: Marion is someone I deeply respect both as a person and an RPer. For me the former means a lot more than the latter. Marion is generally kind and respectful to most people. She's also solid at driving discussion and being involved in the community, which are also very important things. My main concern is her activity, but I think that can be said for many of the nominations at the moment, including myself. Even if she is only elected in the short term, however, I think she will make a fine addition to the moderation team.

Sneaze: What Sneaze brings to the table in my opinion is experience, especially in an organizational standpoint. He's done a lot for ASB in this regard and has helped with FB with discussion and proposal drafting. He is also involved with the community in at least some way (i.e. Discord). My main concern is that Sneaze has a reputation of not playing nicely with other people. While bluntness can be useful, there also needs to be a measure of tact when it comes to dealing with members. Considering the already strained atmosphere regarding member / moderation relations, I think its something to keep in mind.

Lit: Lit has passion and generally knows what he wants to do when it comes to a certain topic. He's also a solid RPer in his own right and has a good amount of experience on what to expect form other people in this regard. However, I will admit this is not someone I would have nominated myself. While lit does have passion, drive is another matter, and Lit has been known to drop many of his own RPs in the past in order to pursue other ideas or due to a perceived lack of interest. My concern is that, when put up to the task and responsibilities of being a moderator, that what could happen is what has happened to ASB LOs in the past; they lose interest in the game. Regardless, while he may not have been one of my nominations, I do see why others have and respect their reasoning.

MM: MM has literally been the lifeblood of FB since I've been around. He has always acted to keep FB in at least some state alive. His RPing skills are frankly phenomenal. He would likely be a great choice in that he's very familiar with RP. But, as a reminder, we are also looking for people to be pillars in the community and people who can mite out discipline. I think MM is a great person; almost as literally opposite of Tess as one can get, but I also think that comes with a lack of leadership skills at the moment. But, I think there is the potential for room to grow, but I think we shouldn't be choosing a mod just on their ability to RP.

Ex-Ad Insane: I feel like, out of anyone here, Ex-Ad has shown the most initiative and ability to lead. He started the discussion thread and has been a driving voice in every discussion we've had. It's part of the reason I nominated him; I feel he has really impressed me in this regard. In addition, he is a very good person throughout, and I've personally had no issues with him that I remember. In my opinion, he would make for a very ideal mod for FB to move forward.

Rue: I really like rue and think from a community standpoint, Rue is a really good choice. He's affable and pleasant to be around and to talk to, and is good at keeping his emotions under check. I have the same concerns about him that I do with MM; whether he can be a leader when its needed for him to be. I think that besides that however he is a really good choice for us moving forwards.

As a closing, I will be reading and meditating on people's posts as they appear. All I want at the end of the day is a moderation team that's going to fulfill what FB needs as an RP moving forwards, and this doesn't have to include myself. We have some good names nominated and other people I feel definitely have the potential to grow into their roles splendidly. What's best for FB is the most important part of this process.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:29 PM   #5
Sneaze
Mrow?

I agree with Emi on the idea that we should really try to push this forward with as much momentum as is possible. As it currently stands there have been a lot of discussions that are basically waiting around for proper leadership to take charge of and get pushed through to implementation. That said, I'd like to suggest that while we should be giving our personal opinions of one another and how we think everyone would handle the role, we should also be suggesting what kind of mods the other two would have to be in order to balance out any flaws any one person has. Anyway, onto things proper here.

Marion: It's basically impossible for anyone who has been around a while to think of FB and not have Marion's name be one of the first to jump to mind. She's an excellent RPer and role model to the community as a whole, and has a pretty good head on her shoulders for what kind of changes we need made around here. The biggest real issue is that she was a bit unsure when she jumped into the ring (which is really not an issue at all, as most people here were a bit unsure), but she turned that into a plus by deciding that if nothing else she'd want to be here if only just to help with the candidate selection process. The other primary problem is the stated want to get her life going and take a step back in a few years, but again this isn't an issue because that is years from now we're talking about and everything should be running beyond fine by then. As for who I think would work best with Marion? Someone with experience for her to bounce ideas off of is always a good idea, while someone who is a good community face with the ability to learn from the Marion and the third moderator would be perfect to have so that she could pass on wisdom before possibly moving on in the future.

Emi: Emi is perhaps the most interesting of everyone nominated, in my eyes, and for nothing but reasons that boil down to her just having a different outlook on things. She's a bit rough around the edges, but honestly who isn't, and she knows it well enough to keep it in check more oft than not. While not usually the one to throw the initial idea into works, Emi is probably the best kind of proofreader we could ask for - she'll find any small issue she can and will make a point to have it be known, if not figuring out a way to fix it on her own. She can be a bit of a hothead, though, but this is largely due to being devoted to her ideals more so than anything. In my opinion Emi would need the other two mods to be someone capable of starting initial ideas for her to expand upon as well as someone with a level head and calm demeanor to help her take a breath when she needs to.

Lit: Lit is something of a wild card here. He's incredibly passionate about things, but he does have a tendency to be the flame that burns brightest and not necessarily longest. Beyond that, though, Lit can have a bit of a short fuse during heated discussions, and while sometimes this just causes him to push his absolute hardest to find a proper solutions, other times it ends up in causing more discourse than harmony, which is something that could be a strain on the processes we have in the immediate future. Lit also would need a fellow moderator to help cool off at times, though perhaps one with a demeanor more of pep than calm in order to help him regain his drive, while a moderator of more guaranteed consistency in their own drive would also be needed to balance out his spurts.

MM: Anything I could say about MM would be a bit of an echo at this time. He's quite possibly the strongest community pillar out of everyone here, but at this time is a bit lacking in the department of experience with leadership roles. That said, I did nominate him initially for a reason, that being that he has the coolest head out of everyone I've ever met, has been around to the point of being the prime example of what you can achieve if you stick with FB, and I doubt there's a soul around that has any issue with the man. MM has most of his bases covered save for experience, and would work well as a balancer for having the other two moderators be experienced but flawed in any of his many strengths.

Ex-Ad: EAI has been leading the charge on things pretty well in the thread itself, and was a great help during the draft of the initial proposal. He knows how to sit down and get conversation started, and keep it moving in healthy directions. That said, he can be a bit lacking in the original idea department, which isn't bad so much as something of a B grade on a leadership report card that would otherwise be all As. The biggest issue, perhaps, is that he can butt heads with a fair number of people who are on this list of candidates, which stems largely from his enforcement of ideas already put to plate rather than improvisation. This isn't world ending by any stretch, it just narrows down the list of people that could effectively work with him. EAI would need his other moderators to be level headed to avoid any aforementioned headbutting, as well as to be the ones to come up with fresh ideas when in a jam.

Rue: I'll be honest, of all the people in this list, I know the least about Rue. That said, temperament is the one thing I've definitely noticed over any amount of interaction over the years. Rue just constantly comes off as smiling through the keyboard, which makes for an excellent listener. My main issue here is experience, as I don't know how much Rue would have with the role. Not knowing as much as I would like, I can only really say that Rue would work excellent as someone to help cool things off in heated situations, and as such would be a fine balancer for another moderator that might have a shorter temper.

With all that said, I think after a couple more posts from each other (we need not wait on everyone if for some reason someone is busy, but it would obviously be best to have everyone's opinions) we should get down into proper discussion and attempt to get this boiled down to a good group of three for the community to vote on sooner rather than later.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 04-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #6
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Right, then. I've been giving some thought as to how I want to approach this topic as, to be honest, I think all candidates proposed have the potential to be good moderators for the community in their own right. As far as I'm concerned, we can't really misstep too heavily, here. I hold great respect for all of my fellow nominees. So, without further ado, I'm going to take Sneaze's proposal to consider team dynamics, and run with it.

Sneaze: We all know Sneaze to be brutally honest (he's brutally honest about it, in fact), driven, and with a knack for behind-the-scenes workings of major projects. For those times when brutal honesty may be the inappropriate response, he needs a more diplomatic individual by his side to assist with developing a public face for the RP. He also needs moderators who will understand and appreciate his blunt approach to problems, rather than recoil or grow defensive. Of all the candidates, EAI and MM seem like the best matches for Sneaze. Dependable folks with, from what I perceive, fairly unflappable attitudes in the face of honest appraisals.

Emi: It's great to have ideas, but if you want to be sure that they will actually WORK, go ask Emi. The most important trait for moderators who work with Emi is the ability to respond reasonably and without defensiveness to the criticisms and honest appraisals of their ideas that Emi will provide. As Sneaze said as well, a calm, level head in the mix to balance moments of passion or anger would help Emi thrive as a moderator. I am going to go ahead and say right now that with Lit and Emi, it should be one or the other, and not both. Modship can be a huge strain on relationships, and with both capable of strong emotional reactions in the right circumstances, my fear is that if both are working together on the major project that is restoring FB to a place for the community, the strain could lead to some pretty explosive arguments between them. Rue or MM would be much better matches.

Lil'twick: Lit is appropriately named - the spark to flames when it comes to great ideas and inspiring people to act. I empathize with Lit's struggles of starting projects and never finishing them. Lord knows I have a massive pile of them myself. Unfortunately, the person I think who would kick him into gear is also a person he has butted heads with in the past, so I am hesitant to make the recommendation that he be paired with EAI unless I know that this “butting heads” will be productive debate rather than detrimental arguing (I believe it's been all the former so far? So maybe this would be a good thing...) MM's dependability is something I'm, once again, going to come back to here as being helpful for Lit.

Missingno Master: His much-supported nomination is well-deserved, given the years of support and dedication he's given to FB. I think he provides a much-needed grounding to the high-flying ideas and personalities many of our other nominees have. There is no one I trust more to make sure FB continues to survive and thrive. As evidenced by both his RP and his approach to life, he can really work with anybody and be successful.

Ex-Admiral Insane: Ex-Ad has been cited as a strong enforcer of ideas rather than a generator – to me, this is not a weakness at all given that the community is the one that should be generating ideas, with mods working to discuss and implement them. He and Sneaze would be a power duo, getting things done and done now. And, like I said, if he and Lit are able to continue to butt heads in a way that's productive, they may actually work well together.

Rue: I feel MM and Rue fit a similar “niche” - easygoing, dependable, down-to-earth. Right now, it's true we need people with strong ideas, with the ability to implement and discuss, to generate, to build – but when you look further down that line, once stability comes to the new FB and our ideas have been discussed, exhausted and implemented, what we need are people who can move threads, process registrations, manage shops, and handle the day-to-day recordkeeping and management that inevitably comes with modship. This is why I nominated Rue and supported the nomination of MM, because I feel like at the end of the day, the glamour and excitement that comes with a new project is going to end, and who will be left to keep things in order?

I have a team of three in mind already, but I would like to listen to the ideas and opinions of others, and will hold off naming them until we are further along in the discussion.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:26 PM   #7
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
I was a bit hesitant at first but it makes sense if we start by providing our stance on the other nominees. Since Sneaze has provided his view on the ‘mod-pairing’, I will do the same here. I’m not too fussed about which of these candidates will or won’t be mods, but I am worried about which team of mods we’ll have. In most of the pairings I’ve imagined the same few people pop up in my head, so I’m going to refrain from providing any names for the time being until we move on to the next part of the discussion..

Missingo Master:
MM is by far one of the biggest contributors to FB, without even having been a SO or updator. His willingness to interact with others is unmatched and he’s at the very front line in welcoming new players and answering their questions, overall giving them a (much needed) pleasant first experience. To my mind, this makes him a role model of roleplaying in FB that many could (or want to) live up to, and his warm attitude to every member is something at least one mod should have. His shortcomings have already been mentioned; he lacks experience as a mod, but then again so do many people on this list (with varying degrees). It’s been stated that he has a calm composure even if things do get heated but I feel the need to question if this calmness results from him being conflict-avoidant. No one I know of has ever had a problem with MM, to his credit, but it makes me wonder how he’d perform if there was a conflict that would require mod intervention. None of this puts me off the idea of him as a mod mind you, but I think his optimal partner should - in addition to having moderation and or/leadership experience - be someone who isn’t afraid to take charge and break apart arguments when needed.

Marion Ette:
Marion is easily one of the most experienced and advanced writers FB has seen and has overall provided much to the environment of FB as both an updator and a player. Add to that, she provides a calm and rational voice in discussions with many great ideas, and has some experience being a moderator. She has been absent from FB for a while, making her unknown to the most newest of members, but from what I know and heard of her that’s not an issue that’ll last very long. I can think of no big concern about having ME as a mod other than the one that’s already been provided; the possibility of her having to leave and not staying for long. I personally don’t see this as a real issue. I’m perfectly fine with FB having to find a replacement for her in 6 months (if that’s what it would come down to for eg) if it means having a moderator with actual mod experience who can skilfully get FB back up and running in the coming weeks. Especially if, as she said, she has a team of other moderators she can count on.

Sneaze:
Sneaze is one of two of the nominees I consider having any real moderation experience. While never officially being a mod himself, he has displayed remarkable capability in running and managing mechanics for ASB - even engineering quite a few of their projects - to the point I was surprised (and still am) that he was never made an official mod to begin with. My biggest concern is his demeanour which can come across as combative (even if he doesn’t mean it that way), especially to those who’ve never interacted with him before. Though I’ll defend him in saying that when he does so it’s usually to make a very valid point. Sneaze usually means well I believe, but those working with him would need to be prepared for him. More importantly, Sneaze is someone who could make a great leader and implement a lot of community changes effectively, but his sometimes abrasive attitude calls for him being paired with someone who has a friendly face members feel safe to turn to. It’s not that Sneaze isn’t someone a member could ask help from, but I don’t think it’s his strongest suit either.

Emi:
Let me first start by saying that I do know Emi can come across as a hothead at times; a drive that shows how passionate she can be at times. But it was something that had me worry about her involvement in the discussion; especially if she were facing opposition to her ideas. In the past few weeks though I’ve seen very little of that and she’s competently provided both new ideas and improvements to old ones. She is easily one of the biggest contributors to the proposal and the new changes and I’m sure she’ll continue doing that for FB for a long time. Despite that, I would still worry how she’d handle things if they don’t go as expected, and for that I think her best pairing would be with someone who can provide a calming presence when she has trouble, as well as someone who can be her partner for working out new ideas.

Lil’twick:
Even if Lit hasn’t been in FB the longest of all the candidates he has contributed largely to the proposal and changes that were to be made. He has more than enough writing experience as well, as is evident by his investment in the RPG subforum. One of his biggest assets is also one of my biggest concerns with him. When he’s passionate about an idea, he’s willing to work for it and rush it; pushing discussion and guiding the idea along. The problem with this is that I worry he doesn’t always consider the downsides or flaws of an idea he’s passionate about and would be willing to provide a half-finished project instead of taking a step back and thinking about it calmly and rationally. He gives the impression of someone who’s eager to make changes himself and will seize such an opportunity to do so. Lit is definitely someone with the capability of introducing new ideas and working on existing ones by providing his opinion – just not always as effectively. If I were to go with Sneaze’s companion-mod suggestion, I would say Lit needs to be paired with someone who can occasionally keep him grounded when needed or provide a fresh perspective as well as a listening ear.

Uhhhhh:
Rue has been a large part of FB of many years and is the only one amongst the candidates with experience in running a shop. He has at times contributed to the new changes to be made in FB but they’ve been sparingly in comparison to others. He’s calm and easy to get along with and can provide a much needed link in mod-mod and mod-member relationships. My biggest concern with Rue is the same as MM; outside of updating shops he has no real moderating experience and I know little of his leadership skills. Rue needs to be paired with someone who has both. Ideally, I think Rue would work best on a team where he acts as the friendly link between different people or communities.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 04-23-2017, 08:02 PM   #8
Lil'twick
Insanity

Alright, gonna see if we could move the discussion forwards. With the establishment of the Development sub-forum and with Fizzy Bubbles now relinquished to the community, I do feel this is now something that should be prioritized a bit more heavily. Since we're just waiting on Rue, it wouldn't be difficult for us as a group to address his concerns on respond to his ideas when he is able to eventually join in. In regards for partner suggestions and the stuff previous said from the other candidates, I do agree on the majority of what has been said and don't feel like going through all the posts and picking them apart. I think we're all on the same page here right now as the limitations each person has and what they can bring to the table.

Now I would like to see what mod structures people have actually been thinking about, and I will be putting in my own ideas as well at this moment. There is one primary team set-up that I can see be the most functional at this current time, and has the best potential in terms of the long run. I call it the Triple E: Enforcer, Empath, and Eccentric, and will go into depth on these three roles. So let's get started.

The Enforcer- The Enforcer is most likely going to be the person who actually gets things done and pushes things through. They will be less about the creative side of things and more for getting things established and the rules enforced. The Enforcer shouldn't have strong biases in terms of people, and should try their best to remain neutral on situations where mod intervention is needed. The Enforcer is also there to keep the Eccentric in check and on point, making sure that they don't lose their spark or drive. They should primarily be the once where ideas are bounced off of, to make sure they actually work and be streamlined. The Enforcer can also help provide back-up to the Empath when needed. They should also generally to be the ones to start discussions on rules and policy changes. Good examples include Sneaze, EAI, and to an extent Emi

The Empath-
The Empath or Mediator is the face of the mod team. They make sure that the community is happy and are easily approachable by the community. They make sure that everyone feels heard and welcome in the community, and deal with any problems with in the community. In terms of member problems, the Empath is the one who should be handling them. They usually are calm, light-headed, fun, and can remain unbiased and justly listen to both sides of the issue. They also keep the Enforcer in check to make sure that they don't go too out of line or become too much like a dictator, and make sure that the Eccentric is dragged back down to earth every once in a while to make sure that they don't get too overboard on ideas. They also act as a mediator between the other two mods, to make sure that they don't argue or things get too out of control. The Empath also should be the primary mod when it comes to dealing with questions in the S&I or from new members who need help. Good examples are MM, Rue, and to an extent Marion.

The Eccentric- The Eccentric is the ambitious one, the one who often has new ideas and wants to try out unique things. They are often creating proposals and quality of life changes for the RP itself, and are figuring out ways to breath life into old ideas while also trying to bring in new ones from not only themselves, but also the community. The Eccentric should primarily be activity working in the Development forum, and also checking over zones every so often to make sure they're running smoothly. They also should be the ones who deal with RP problems, not member or policy problems. The Eccentric should use the Enforcer as a backboard, but also should be there to help support and supplement the Enforcer in the discussions. As the Eccentric more or less can be volatile at times, the Empath is there to ground them and be a person to cool off to if their emotions get the better of them. The Eccentric should also be the main drafter of things like Events, UPC, and New Generations. Good Examples of this include myself, Emi, and to an extent Marion.

While each role shouldn't be strict codified to their specific role, they should generally be the best person for that area on the mod team. These roles can easily be adjusted as needed, and were made to help support one another and not stress out one mod who has to do everything. While it might not be the perfect system, it is something we can work with., especially now that we now have the entirety of the RP in our hands. If anyone wants to discuss this, or bring up their own ideas, then I'm all for it. My ideal mod team, if I don't get elected (which is the most likely outcome for me anyways xd). Would be some combination of Sneaze/EAI/MM or Rue/Emi or Marion. Ideally I can see EAI, Emi, and MM make a good team, but at the same time I do feel the three are similar in terms of goals and thinking. The other variant is EAI, Marion, and MM or Rue. Even temporary, it can work. There are more combinations I can think of, but it is a lot harder to balance (even the ones including myself xd). Thoughts? Good? Bad? Crap? We should do something else? Honestly, I am a bit antsy, so sorry if it feels like I'm trying to rush things.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-24-2017, 06:02 AM   #9
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Just want to say; I’m not that big a fan about strictly following the ‘three roles’ that have been described and the individual responsibilities they should take, though I’ll agree that each represents a list of qualities that need to be covered in the new mod team. With that said, I believe we were hoping to have most of this discussion done once the weekend was over. In the interest of that I’m in favour of moving the discussion along and adapting our views once we get Rue’s input. Similar to Lit, I’ll also be making suggestions in which I exclude myself.

The first I can see on the team is MM. He’s basically the best ‘Empath’ of the nominees so far, has good relations with most members and is known by both the oldest and the newest players in FB. The fact that so many people voiced their opinion in favour of him is not something we can ignore either – people like seeing him become the new (friendly faced) moderator of FB. Rue could be a substitute for MM but frankly, and with no disrespect to Rue; he’s a good person and would make a great moderator, but most of the assets he can bring to the team are eclipsed by MM.

The second seat I can imagine giving to either one of two people; Sneaze or Marion. Both have moderating experience and I think that’s a much needed skill right now. I wouldn’t exactly call FB fragile right now but there is a lot that needs to be done and that requires an experienced person who knows what they’re doing and how to do it. In addition, they were the two people I imagined as balancing out any of the other members, to such a point I consider having either of them on the team a must.

The third position is a lot more free to choose and can go to whoever fills most of the cracks that the other two can’t cover. This can be either Sneaze or Marion giving a MM+Sneaze+ME team, but I can also see it being given to Emi or Lit. The third choice will also be dependent on who can get along with the other two mods the best, and on this I have very little knowledge so I’d require hearing that from the people themselves. I know Lit and Marion have cooperated together for the RPG forum for instance, and Sneaze is familiar with both Lit and Emi from ASB.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 04-24-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #10
Emi

I think Lit's idea is good, but I feel like its something we should keep in mind instead of strictly adhering too. Ultimately, I think none of the potential combinations for mod ship are going to be bad, even if we stuck three billy goats in the seats. But I think at the moment I'm going to post my own opinions on what we need from a moderation standpoint. A lot of where I'm coming from there is from my experience in ASB, so one might want to take it under a grain of salt.

First things first is leadership skills. The ability to lead and to take action when needed are in my opinion the most important qualities of a mod. I'm always wary of the possibility of lame duck mods: mods who are great in other categories but ultimately don't end up doing anything. I've seen it happen in ASB where an LO simply doesn't do much of anything: its not only bad for the other moderators as they now have to shoulder more work, but its also bad for their image, as it can make it look like they are lazy or don't do much for the RP. This is going to be even more important in FB, since we're limiting ourselves to a three moderator team (ASB historically has had as many as...6 LOs?) and because the moderation needs to repair the gulf of mistrust that the previous moderation enabled between it and the membership.

Second is community involvement. Normally I'd place this a little lower, but right now I think we need mods who are going to be active in the community. Fortunately, none of the nominations made are bad in this regard! Everyone is either well known or present in the TO / Discord / Skype. There had been some nominations mulled about by other members where my first response is "Do they actually know anybody?" I don't think anyone here falters on this point.

Third is attitude. Attitude is so important. We all know how one's attitude to their position, towards their community, or even just to certain members can make a moderator seem a lot less appealing. And simply put, no one wants a mod that's routinely going to get mad at the members over trivial issues. It's amazingly stressful and a great way to lose members. We do at the very least need one person who has a good attitude and can be a more dominant face, although every mod should be open to the community.

Fourth is creativity. Many of the challenges one will face as a mod will not have simple, clear cut answers and we're seeing that now in discussion of various topics. It's going to require at least one person on the team to be able to come up with creative, working ideas or to expand on simpler solutions in a way where it covers things more satisfactory. This is a mix for me, because while I feel you're not losing wisdom if a creative nomination isn't made a mod, I think having at least one person as a mod helps to streamline things.

Fifth is GM experience. Having experience in how to run a game is important because it gives you wisdom in what to do when the game is beginning to slow down. However, I don't think its important enough to be a prime motivator, and anything more than a box on the checklist to click off. Why? The community. The mods are going to need to be able to listen to advice from the community, whether its from ZAs, ZUs, or the general public. This is where a perceived lack of experience can be made up.

Sixth, finally, and least importantly, is RP experience. Why? Every single one of the nominations here, in my opinion, have enough RP experience to perform their roles admirably. So anything more feels unimportant for me, because you don't need to be a mod to use it. If MM or Marion don't get to be mods, you're not wasting knowledge. They can still offer it. So this is not going to be one of the things I'd ever take into analysis. Every nom is more than good enough in this area.

Mod experience isn't on the list because I feel mod experience is actually merely just the first four points. Stating it would be redundant.

So let me take each point down and tell you who I think are the best in each. You know, excluding me because I'm perfect and all. *flips hair*

Leadership Skills: Marion, Sneaze, Ex-Admiral Insane, Lit, Missingno Master, uhhhh
Community Involvement: Missingno Master, Sneaze, uhhhhhh, Marion, Ex-Admiral Insane, Lit
Attitude: Missingno Master, uhhhhhh, Marion, Ex-Admiral Insane, Sneaze, Lit
Creativity: Marion, Missingno Master, Lit, Sneaze, uhhhhhh, Ex-Admiral Insane
GM Experience: Marion, Sneaze, Lit, MM = Ex-Ad = uhhhh
RP Experience: Everyone!

I was gonna do 3 best and 3 worst before I realized ignoring me there is only 6 candidates. Whoops. Anyways, people at the bottom of the list aren't necessarily super bad, but just worse than any of the other candidates. So if I was forced to choose three candidates, my choices would be Marion, Missingno Master, and 1 wild card between Sneaze or Ex-Admiral Insane. But this is without factoring myself into the equation.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:41 PM   #11
Sneaze
Mrow?

Don't have long so this will be a short post.

All in all, after considering what's been said, I think we can all agree Missingno Master is probably one of the best choices here. Beyond that, if I'm making personal picks (excluding myself obviously), EAI fits the second slot in my mind excellently, at the end of the day he gets shit done and that is ultimately what we need in mods right now. We need to remember the three mod limit can be expanded later if need be, so the heavy inspirationals can be hired on then if needed. As such my third pick, while a rather hard choice, would be Marion . I'm not going to sugar coat it, I'd rather she ZA if she's going to stick around long term, due to her incredible track record of good updates and great questlines, but out of everyone left on the list, she would fit the role we need the best.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #12
Lil'twick
Insanity

While I haven't decided yet, I do have some concerns with the Marion/MM bandwagon, and it actually isn't something I think FB needs. Yes, this is a good pairing for the immediate now, but in the long run I feel it's actually one of the worst combos we can do. My main problem here is that we're taking two of the most popular, respected, and well known Fizzy Bubbles members and making them leadership. Do they deserve it? Yes. But, they also have huge followings of members who idolize them. I can't help but feel that this has become a bandwagon instead of actually looking and seeing at what they bring to the table. MM is great with the community, yes. However, I've seen most of his ideas or suggestions being further additions to what has been said already. While this isn't a bad thing, I don't see MM being a pusher. EAI is much more suited for this because he is a pusher. One major thing I've seen during the entire process is that MM has never give criticism. He has shown his own ideas, and has agreed with or considered others opinions. He has stated his worries but has not flat out given criticism. This is actually incredibly important. Another major thing I've seen during the moderation process is that MM has yet to state criticisms of other potential moderators. I would like to hear that from him. Having a mod who doesn't offer criticism or talk about the cons can limit the discussion and not show all the flaws at hand. He has said he has no leadership experience. While this is okay for most combos possible, the Marion/MM combo is actually extremely hurt by this. Marion has said on multiple occasions that if she was modded and decided to go through with it, she would be here for roughly six months or so. At that point we'd need to find another mod to replace her. We can't predict how MM will grow as a mod, it is something we honestly can't do. Consider the scenario where insufficient growth occurs. That effectively leads the third candidate with the majority of leadership responsibilities. Sound familiar?

On the other hand, Marion needs a counter-weight. Someone who can balance her out, while having a similar spark and drive as her. In a three person team involving her, everyone needs to be able to not only stand their ground, but also not be afraid to put their foot down. During reconstruction Marion has given some good ideas and advice on things, but I actually haven't seen her try to push things forwards. From my experience working with her on the RP forum, it was primarily myself and Sneaze actually pushing the drive forwards while Marion did the research and formulated it into concise paragraphs. It was a period where ideas were bounced off of each other and things actually got done in a timely manner.

I know people want mods now, but please actually stop and think on this. Marion/MM is a combination that requires a specific type of person to actually make work in the long run. And we really don't have that kind of person. I have a feeling that Sneaze would much rather be an LO, EAI is a good bet but then that leaves us at the risk of ideas not actually working, and with Emi and I we're too much of wild cards temperament wise. I would not suggest Rue at all for that combo because he and MM will basically be the same. Could we consider this specific problem more in-depth?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-24-2017, 06:24 PM   #13
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

There has been some discussion regarding modship on Discord, and in the interest of keeping these discussions fully transparent, I have summarized the resulting points in order to present for the full group's appraisal. These are not necessarily my own personal opinions - those will be posted at a later point (possibly later today or tomorrow).

Point One: Concerns have been raised regarding MM's ability to intervene in situations of conflict or in the event of a problem member. It has also been suggested that he may not stand up against the more powerful personalities that exist within FB (particularly Sneaze). It has been suggested that if individuals were asked to pick between MM and Sneaze for a strong moderator, Sneaze would be the pick in terms of past experience.

Point Two: MM and Rue are highly respected members of the community and would both be reliable moderators, despite the point raised above in regards to MM; it has been suggested that they receive appointment to modship in a time of greater stability - perhaps either to replace myself if I were to be elected and step down at a later time, or simply once the initial mad rush to get everything done settles down. In this sense, there could be a shifting mod structure, from the more forceful, volatile "get things done" folks to the more stable, reliable management-style folks. A fourth moderator position in 6 months or so is also a possibility for either individual.

Point Three: If Point Two is accepted, then Sneaze, Emi, Lit, Marion and EAI remain. Sneaze/Emi/Lit has been eliminated as a possibility due to excessive volatility.

Point Four: A personal point, which has been deemed relevant enough by the Discord folks to put here, despite it possibly being construed as defense of myself - my life circumstances have changed dramatically in the past two weeks due to my boyfriend deciding to stay in school for another year, so the 6 months timeframe people have been quoting for me is no longer valid. However, it is still a valid point that I may leave within two years.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:31 PM   #14
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Lit brings up a fair point. If I do end up becoming a mod here, I'd like to think I'd learn quickly, that I'd be able to grow as a mod and come to realize that my worries are all for nothing. I'd like to think that, but when all is said and done, I really don't know. And I don't like the idea of my lack of leadership experience potentially becoming a huge problem for us. Marion's point about me becoming a mod potentially later on, during a more peaceful time, if indeed I do become a mod. I feel like it'd be more feasible for me to learn the ropes when things are more settled, so I'd actually feel ready when real action is needed.

Also, I realize I haven't given much criticism (OK, any criticism) on the other candidates. I'll admit, giving criticism has never been a particularly strong point of mine. I've always been more of an optimist, and also, I don't really have any real criticisms to make, at least not ones that haven't already been brought to light, and nothing comes to mind that would make me hesitate to recommend any of my fellow candidates as a mod, outside of the possibility of real life happening, which in all honesty is a possibility for pretty much anyone to some degree.

Based on what I've seen, be it in this thread, throughout these past few weeks, or just in general, I'm thinking I like the idea of a team consisting of EAI, Rue, and Marion, personally.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:38 PM   #15
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

And now, my personal thoughts...

I guess I'm honestly torn about the criticisms that have been levied against MM. On the one hand, I understand and agree that he lacks experience with leadership roles, and despite his strong participation in RP and in the development of FB lore, he has not had much experience on the administrative/leadership side. These are valid and reasonable concerns. However, I honestly feel that we have other candidates who would compensate for this deficit, and MM's sunny optimism, as well as his strong backing from the FB community counteracts these concerns.

My proposed trio would be MM/EAI/Emi. I feel Emi would provide valuable input and the ability to call BS when necessary, EAI would have the administrative know-how and drive for implementation of community ideas, and MM would provide input on the RP side of things, while providing a positive public face and a long-lasting work ethic to keep the RP running for the future.

I know this counteracts what has been previously proposed and what the Discord group seems to think is correct, but I am not willing to give up on MM just yet when his supporters have been so vocal. I also feel that Emi and EAI are both solid, with a lot of community support to bolster them as well.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:41 AM   #16
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

MM’s demeanour (conflict-avoidance)
I know this, I’ve even said it in my critique of him in this thread. Perhaps it’s my fault for being presumptuous, but I thought that when everyone nominated him for modship they were aware they were electing that caveat as well. In fact, I thought that that drawback of MM was the one we were discussing this entire time – something that had to be compensated for by the other two mods. I know MM isn’t the strongest leader for the short term but he’s indispensable for the long term. It’s because he needs practice in this department that I’m not in favour of having him absent during the rebuilding process. Yes, it might mean that more (leadership-)work falls on the shoulders of the first two but again; I thought that was a caveat we were all considering and discussing this entire time, and I do agree with Marion that I think MM can pick it up eventually if we give him the opportunity and chance.

I do want to call out MM one last time and ask if he can at least give his concerns and critiques of others – being able to address a person’s flaws in a positive manner is a skill that’s going to be required regardless of whether he’s elected a mod now or later, and I’d prefer we try to use this moment to work on it.

MM has agreed with the sentiment Marion provided on behalf of the Discord community. If he can provide his critique now then I think we should still consider the possibility of keeping him on. If not, then I understand why he’d want to wait until things calmed down, but I don’t see why he can’t be a silent partner now so that he can learn from the other nominees – which we all seem to agree is something he needs.

-----

There is one other minor issue I want to address and I want to apologize beforehand for sounding pedantic about this. But this is something that disturbed me last night and I want to get it out in the open regardless of how this may affect my nomination.

Let me first say that I was present for the entire discussion on Discord about potential new mods, mod teams and the thereafter debate about MM’s conflict-avoidance issue. I chose not to engage in the discussion for a few reasons, one of them being that I didn’t want to move the discussion of new moderators from the designated thread (where everyone could see it) to Discord (where only the few people who were present at the time got to). Yes, I understand that everything discussed on Discord would get cross-referenced to the forum; yes, I understand that Discord is a much easier platform for discussion. That’s not my issue. We had made the agreement that the nominees would discuss amongst themselves who to elect, and that they would then present it to the community for approval. This was to avoid having a big clusterfuck of a convo in a thread where everyone would give their piece about new mod teams, but still allow the community at large to decide on the matter. This model rests on the respect of members to not post in the 'Nominee Discussion' thread and instead wait so they may give their opinion on the final team that will be presented. What the discussion on Discord looked like was that a few members outside of the nominations were discussing the matter with a few of the nominees who happened to be present at the time. There is no way you can bend this truth – that is what happened. I understand that people might have issues they feel are important to raise and therefore want the nominees to discuss it amongst themselves, but that is not what happened. A few vocal people on Discord seemingly coaxed nominees to discuss the nominations outside of the thread and with them instead, even providing their own suggestions for new mod teams - which the nominees seem to have taken into account. Either open up this thread to allow everyone to give their piece or keep it closed to the designated few; but please don’t say we’re barring others from giving input in this thread, only to then listen to a select few who happen to be on Discord at the time. And please don't use the excuse 'it's okay because it was X person' - because that is favouritism and it's another political game I'm not interested in playing when I'm on FB. This doesn’t look like it’s nominees listening to concerns of others any more, this reeks of a singular outside influence affecting their decision, and that is what concerns me the most. Either level the playing field and allow everyone to discuss it while it’s happening, or please don’t discuss the matters at all outside the thread until we’ve made our own decision.

I’m okay with the issue that was raised on Discord about MM, I’m just firmly against how the issue was handled afterwards and everything else about the discussion. The issue is an important one and one that we need to address, but it’s one we still need to discuss with the community after we bring forth our designated mods and not something we can assume a majority agrees with because of a select few on Discord.

Again; I’m aware I’m coming off as pedantic but I seriously worry about situations like these occurring more frequently and with higher degrees. If it was a discussion that involved the entire community, or if it was a discussion we hadn’t previously declared being off-limits for the time being then I wouldn’t have had a problem with it.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 04-25-2017 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:04 AM   #17
Emi

I understand your concerns Ex-Ad, and while I don't think anyone is trying to influence the elections at all (come on, that's DT level behavior), I think it is important to note that we, even if unwittingfully, allowed a double standard to exist. That's not right, and I think that we in the future should be a lot more cautious if we choose the discuss the matter on Discord, with the possibility of letting an unbiased moderator on Discord such as Connor make sure things are on the up and up.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:18 AM   #18
Lil'twick
Insanity

In light of recent events, I have finally narrowed down the candidates into my preferred moderation team. First is Emi, whom I am putting 100% of my support behind. She has been an incredibly positive force through the entire discussion of rebuilding FB, and has shown the passion and drive to get things done. She has also proven she is willing to listen and consider perspectives that aren't her own, giving both positive and negative criticism of ideas and responding to people in a mature fashion. She does deeply care about this game, and I can see that through her actions. Emi has been avoiding trying to create drama and has matured a lot more than we give her credit for. She is everything we need in a mod at the moment: someone who will push to get things done, is creative and has wonderful amounts of the ideas, and cares about the game and is willing to form strong bonds with the community. She is someone I feel I can approach on anything related to FB and get a polite, helpful response, and someone I also feel who can go through ideas and make sure they are presentable and working.

To back her up would be Sneaze and Marion. Sneaze has shown he can get serious and get things done. He doesn't take bullshit and he will call people out on that, and he isn't afraid to put his foot down. He also forms a solid backbone, perfect for not only creating policy change, but also being a sharp mind and offering good points in a discussion. Marion has experience and wisdom, and is someone I can easily see assisting this team. No matter what, I feel she will always be a good mentor and someone to bring up a perspective that might not be seen.

One other thing I want to address is that we shouldn't be judging other candidates by their previous attitudes and temperament. A good amount of candidates have grown significantly and aren't what their reputation makes them out to be. Those of us here, and the community who will be voting on our eventual proposed team, please consider how people have been acting through the entire process. Instead of sticking to one idea or reputation, consider what every candidate is offering now and what they have done, or haven't done. That is all.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-26-2017, 01:59 PM   #19
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Finally I can actually sit down and give my two cents. Sorry for the wait! I do apologize for taking so long to finally get around to posting. With some of the issues already raised though, I hope you all don't mind if I skip over the individual opinions for now and get to the topic at hand.

>MM
With the concerns regarding MM (and myself I guess, since it seems that you've all established as the two of us being similar xd), I understand why the concerns are being raised in the first place. With FB currently being rebuilt and all, I feel that what we really need right now is to proritize in getting this game back into shape. And for that to work, I echo the sentiments that some of the other nominees have mentioned: that we need someone who can get shit done especially at this crucial stage. And with MM, while he's a great person and all and I deeply respect him so, I feel that this may not be the right time for him to be a mod. That being said, this doesn't necessarily mean that MM would make a bad mod at all; he wouldn't have been nominated in the first place if we all thought he would be! I can feel that MM has the potential to be a great mod in FB if he has someone to show him the ropes in the future.

Really though, FB is in a really crucial state right now and more than ever I feel that it needs someone who can get it back up and running as soon as possible. And personally, I feel that it needs to be the three of the other five nominees right now. Like what the others have said, we can always add a fourth mod in the future, but we need to have a stabilized FB first before we can even think about that. I haven't quite decided on who I want as mods though, as each of the nominees bring their own kind of strengths to the table.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #20
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Given where the discussion stands now, and given that all seven nominees have posted, I think we should have a current tally of the candidates' nominations, given all that has been discussed and all that has transpired over the past week or so. Preliminary mod teams have been suggested, but opinions may have changed or more solid choices may have been decided upon in instances where two or more candidates were proposed for the same slot. For this reason, I suggest that everyone present their chosen mod team (or teams, if necessary). The discussion is not over, mind, and I don't necessarily want to force people into their choices - however, if there are names/combinations that simply aren't receiving support, that will be informative in narrowing things down.

I will remain solid in my choice of MM/EAI/Emi as my chosen moderator team at the present time, for reasons I presented earlier.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:40 PM   #21
Sneaze
Mrow?

Right so, with everything brought up by the community, as well as some of the discussion here itself, I really do think that it would be best to bring MM or Rue on as a fourth moderator once things have been cranked through. This is largely due to the fact that they'll both still function excellently as advisors and I feel we need a solid team to get things done. As such, I'm going to have to recommend Emi for the key spot I previously gave to MM, the one who out of everyone I'm suggesting I feel needs to be included in whatever team we end up with, thanks to some things that have been brought to light that I didn't really consider before. My other choices remain the same with Marion and EAI, but given Marion's recent statements I'd put her as a bit more important this time and as such would recommend EAI in the more rotational spot of my proposed three, I'd like him there, but if someone was going to be rotated out I'd prefer it be him due to what the others bring to the table (no offense EAI).

Old 04-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #22
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I think I will recommend EAI, Emi, and Marion. My only change here from what I previously said is that I'm suggesting Emi instead of Rue- I'm inclined to agree that Rue and I would fill kind of the same niche, and I'm also in agreement with the notion of one of us two becoming a fourth mod later on down the road as opposed to right now- hold off until things settle down somewhat.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:28 AM   #23
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

With MM and Rue having posted, I can move on to my next proposed team as well: Marion/Sneaze/Emi. All three are great contributors so that's not really a point here. Marion is a lot more calm and the most level headed out of all the nominees (or at least, she has the advantage of coming across that way). No offense meant to anyone here but if MM or Rue are being added on later we kind of need what Marion can offer for the team now. Sneaze is one of the best 'get things done' people of the nominations and since that is what we're aiming for with this group I feel he fits nicely. The third slot is for Emi, having substituted MM. I agree with the sentiment that Emi has shown little to none of that 'volatility' when discussing the changes. (Sorry, couldn't think of a different word on the spot.) Add to that that people have confirmed she's a great editor of ideas and I think she'll fill a role on the team.

If someone does have to be switched out, I only ask that it's not Marion.

(Apologies that this post is a little rough around the edges but I have to do this over the phone.)

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 04-27-2017 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #24
Emi

I'm not sure if I agree with the idea that MM or Rue necessarily have to be brought on later as a fourth mod candidate. I think that they will both definitely perform their role well enough regardless. However, given my concerns about the two of them before, it is worth noting that if they fall off the horse so to speak, it will be better if they are 1 out of 4 instead of 1 out of 3. In the interests of keeping discussion alive and not stuck in a point I'm not 100% on, I'll be happy to go along and say that we can bring MM and Rue at a later, more stable date.

Having said that, this leaves us with only four candidates left: Marion, Sneaze, EAI, and Lit. I, for one, will put all of my support to Marion; even if she is only here to help us during the rebuilding period, her experience and attitude are extremely important, and any combination of mods that does not include her will be one that I am going to need to be convinced on to vote. We don't always see eye to eye ourselves, but I respect the perspective that she brings on issues.

So ultimately, I think my recommended team right now would be Marion / EAI / Sneaze. I deliberated between Sneaze and Lit for a while, but I feel that Lit is the kind of person who needs to grow into the role rather than immediately being cast into it. He'd be one I would suggest to mod later, but for different reasons. I think he would do fine as a mod right now, but would do even better later on if he was given some time. I myself would be more than glad to work with him in this respect and have him replace me down the line should I feel I can no longer live up the duties needed. I worry that I'm being unfair to Lit, since its not really my intention. It's much more "He's good and has potential, and I'd want to see that potential realized".
Old 04-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #25
Lil'twick
Insanity

Okay I've had enough in terms of waiting. We are finishing this and we are finishing this now. If people are too hesitant to push things through and get them done, I will. I think most of us agree on the Marion and Emilia duo. If you do not you can say it. Now all that's left is choosing between Sneaze and EAI. I vote Sneaze. I feel like I actually trust him, he has actually been a leader and will get things done. He has also been transparent. I want him third on the team, and I believe is is the best suited to be with Emi and Marion.

Let's decide this now, and have thr community vote on it soon. There is no excuse for us to have delayed this into May.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records