Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #26
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Although THIS made me go OMGGGG
OMGG!!! The original guys join a fight!!

Marks off for not showing the cool transformational sequences I loved when digivolving though.
unownmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #27
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

WHY IS BOTH NOT AN OPTION? ;_:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Digimon has gotten pretty unique. I...I don't think it's a cheap Pokemon ripoff anymore like it used to be.
To be fair, Digimon was never a cheap Pokemon ripoff. It's typical for us westerners to think that, but something like 40% of all Japanese childhood shows end in -mon. Also, Pokemon was originally, well, Red and Green. We're on a pokemon forum, I don't need to explain this. Whereas, Digimon was originally a tamigachi-esque platform.

imop, Frontier's theme song is the best theme song from either series. Actually, this is kinda hilarious, as me and my sister were JUST talking about Digimon the other day. We've watched all of Adventure, Tamers, Fronteir, and supposedly Adventure 2 (Though I don't remember much at all from the last), and we were a little way into Data Squad (We had met Mercurymon. Or was it Hermesmon?) when we had life happen. And neither of us has seen any of the newest series (Xeros Wars, iirc). And we've watched the Adventure 1+2 Movie (\With Diaboromon) upwartds of a hundred times. We plan on rewatching most of the series (plural), too.

But, yeah, I need to tell Maple that this thread exists. I'm pretty sure that she's actually more of a Digimon fan than a Pokemon fan.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.

Last edited by Kindrindra; 05-22-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #28
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Well lesse. The pokemon games (well, gen's I, II and V anyway, along with remakes of I and II) are great fun, whereas digimon games suck major balls. On the other hand, the digimon cartoon (Adventure, Adventure 2 and Tamers at least) are great fun, whereas the pokemon cartoon sucks major balls.

On balance, I went for Digimon. Monster Rancher would've been a strong contender though, I freaking loved that show (never played the games though). All three have their good and bad points.

Last edited by Concept; 05-22-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #29
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
And we've watched the Adventure 1+2 Movie (\With Diaboromon) upwartds of a hundred times.
That is one of my favorite movies EVAR!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #30
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
To be fair, Digimon was never a cheap Pokemon ripoff. It's typical for us westerners to think that, but something like 40% of all Japanese childhood shows end in -mon. Also, Pokemon was originally, well, Red and Green. We're on a pokemon forum, I don't need to explain this. Whereas, Digimon was originally a tamigachi-esque platform.
I had a response but it wasn't a good one.

My experience is confined to Dawn/Dusk which is fairly similar in a lot of ways to Pokemon but with several modifications to the battle system and evolution system and a few basic mechanics. For instance, four moves can be learned at one time, but the digimon has a special extra move based on species that oftentimes has unique effects whereas the Pokemon, much to Talon's lament, has very few moves restricted to one or two 'mon that can even sometimes have better alternatives elsewhere (see Frost Breath, Glaciate for specific examples of this).

That's all.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #31
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
whereas digimon games suck major balls.
Have to disagree with you here. While Championship, Dawn/Dusk, Digimon World 4 and the handheld Digimon battle game were not fantastic, Digimon World 1 and 3 were amazing and I reject any suggestion otherwise. Rumble Arena was good, mindless fun as well.

I remember watching both Adventure 02 and Johto around the same time as a real youngster and I definitely preferred Digimon. Series 1-3 of Digimon were just better than the Pokemon Anime in my opinion, though the first Pokemon movie was slightly better than the Digimon one. I've been a part of both Pokemon and Digimon communities and I guess I've always felt my home fandom was Digimon.
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #32
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

*le vote for Pokémon*

Although I have a preference with Pokémon, I liked Digimon too. It just didn't stick inside my mind as much... Maybe it "unstuck" when it got to later episodes/seasons? *shrugs*

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Debate