UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 04-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #26
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Bishop had to admit... That was a lot to take in. A trainer who was part Gastly and somehow kept his girlfriend around with magic. Sure. Still probably not the craziest thing he'd ever seen. Was that a little sad? He tried not to think about it. But to be considered trustworthy by this Swoobat? Well, he could probably live with that. She could presumably use telepathy to tell. He and Cloudy would keep schtum anyway. "I wish my telepathy was advanced as yours was. Joshua can't understand Pokémon speech at all, hence why I'm trying to develop my psychic powers. No-one on this team has very strong telepathy apart from our Munna, who can only speak in broken sentences."

---

Amélie was still slightly uneasy around the new face, but mustered her courage regardless, "Um... He-hello... I'm Amélie..." She kept her front paws to her face, still painfully shy. Joshua sighed.

"She'll get there eventually. Just give it a minute." Meanwhile, Keith talked about the relationship between his Venomoth and Vileplume, and introduced his Squirtle. "Party romance, eh? Between you and me, there seems to be... something... going on with my Poliwags. And I get a distinct... vibe from my Torkoal and Zubat, as strange as that sounds. It's complicated. But yes, Aegis?" The trainer looked around, but the Wartortle had stepped out already. "Ah, he probably wanted to head to the stream. I could get my Staryu for you though, if you like?"

---

Livewire was finally flummoxed. He couldn't think of a valid counterargument to not speak to the Psychic Pokémon like Trucy. That said, her powers weren't the best, and neither were Steven's. "They... Might need to get stronger first." It was desperate and he knew it. He was now just being contrary for the sheer sake of it.

---

"Ooh, Scorpius? Who's he? Sounds like a rather handsome bug... Hmph, we're starved of Bugs on this team. There's only me. Joshua seems to hatch a lot of them, but he always trades them away. Venipedes and Wurmples alike. Granted, I'm all he really needs, but still... Anyway, you're right, where ARE those two?"

"Sounds like a job for me."
Rydia looked up, to see a shadowy figure on the windowsill.

"Ah. Ace. Feeling like some detective work?" Joshua's Eevee jumped down, wagging his tail cutely.

"Already done it. I saw Mercutio and Undine head out after a quick word with Florence."

"Oh good, she'll be on her way then!"
As if on cue, the Torkoal rounded the corner.

"Lecturing again, Rydia? I'd prefer to be asked, but for you, my smoke is always available..." She laid down next to the Venonat, who began to explain the properties of Torkoal smoke in greater detail.

---

"Goodness knows I do care for our professor, but she does go on a touch..." sighed Undine. The Poliwags were wandering in the forest together, getting some fresh air and peace.

"Agreed, yo. Gotta admire that energy though."

"I don't know where she gets it all."
They took a seat beside a shallow stream, enjoying the cool breeze as it drifted past. But it managed to get Undine thinking. The breeze had a set path, though it could change at any moment... "Mercutio... Do you ever wonder about the future?"

"Not really. I don't really care what happens, I just figure everything'll be ok."

"How can you think that? Why do you expect everything to just work out? I'm not sure life works that way..."

"I dunno, I just try not to think about it... Why all the fuss?"

"I've just been thinking a lot about the future a lot lately... I'm feeling a lot stronger lately, maybe even ready to evolve."

"I feel the same way, shorty. But no point tryin to rush anythin... Right?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #27
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Bishop stated his wish that his telepathic powers were as advanced as Luna's were. "I've always been good at telepathy, to be honest," the Swoobat stated. "I've been told I'm especially gifted, even by Psychic-type standards. I can also sense what others are thinking and feeling," she added, as she looked at Bishop while tilting her head to one side. Whenever Luna tilted her head, she was sensing the feelings of whoever she was looking at. "You're thinking it's a lot to handle, all this about Keith and Coselle," she said. "I can't blame you for that, it was a lot for the whole team to handle. I think I took it fairly well, though Keith's Mightyena and Seviper weren't quite as accepting of it at first."

"I-it's nice to meet you, Amelie," Six said to the bashful Nidoran, still sounding rather shy himself. Then, he slowly hopped forward, and shyly offered a handshake to the Poison-type.

Joshua went on to explain that he believed there to be something going on between his two Poliwag, and that he even felt a sort of vibe from his Torkoal and Zubat. "Believe it or not, I think I can top that one," Keith said. "My Beedrill is in love with someone else's Roggenrola. Also, James and Lily- that's my Vileplume and Venomoth- they're not the only romance on the team, either. My Skorupi, Scorpius, he and Hermione over there have something going on. Also, there's my Toxicroak and Skuntank... At one point, there was something happening with my Arbok and Weezing, but they seem to have ended it. In fact, my Weezing now has feelings for a Spiritomb from what I hear. Oh, and my Dustox has feelings for my Venomoth. In the past, it's made for some pretty ugly feuding between him and my Vileplume, but they've made up sometime last year. And that's just the ones I know about," he stated. "And that's not counting all the relationships any of my Pokemon have with Pokemon belonging to other trainers. I could go into detail on all those, but I don't want to bore you," he said.

Livewire was finally running out of arguments. His response was more transparent than a Light Screen attack. Rubeus merely gave his fellow Stunfisk a significant look, a look which clearly said, "Not only do I not buy into that excuse, but I don't think for a second that you expected me to. Go and talk to them."

"Oh, yes," sighed Hermione as Rydia remarked that Scorpius sounded like a handsome bug. "Scorpius is my boyfriend, he's just the most handsome Skorupi you could ever hope to meet," the Weedle explained, unable to stop smiling at the mere thought of him. Then, Rydia stated, somewhat unhappily, that she was the only Bug-type on her team. "Well, you're not the only Poison-type, for what that's worth," Hermione said. "Unless that female Nidoran over there belongs to my trainer, although I sincerely doubt it, as he hasn't gone and told us anything to that effect. Anyway, I'm not the only Bug-type on my team- aside from Scorpius, there's a Venomoth, a Dustox, that Ariados over there, a Scolipede, and a Beedrill." At that moment, an Eevee explained that Florence had just been talking to the two Poliwag, and that she was on her way. Just then, the Torkoal appeared and laid down next to the Venonat. Rydia then started to go into greater detail on the properties of Torkoal smoke. Hermione's response was to dip her tail stinger in the ink bottle and furiously resume her note-taking.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #28
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

"How uncanny. To be fair... It's a fairly crazy story, wouldn't you say?"

"To be fair, we've had some pretty crazy stories ourselves... The Beedrill hive war? The Team Galactic base? The Team Aqua attempt to Pokénap a Wailord of all things?" countered the Swablu. The world itself was just crazy.

"Touché. Can't exactly deny that one I suppose. Pardon, but what's that bright blue light over there..." The Hoothoot had noticed an icy ray piercing the sky - but what on earth could it be? "I have a very bad feeling about that."

---

"So essentially, your team is a mess of hormones," Joshua joked. "Well, who can argue with love, even if it is the strangest variations. I mean, a Beedrill and a Roggenrola... How on earth does that work?" He was genuinely perplexed at that one, despite being a fairly open-minded individual. "But, whatever makes them all happy, right?"

Amélie accepted the stubby mushroom hand. "H-hello. I'm sorry... I'm not usually very good with other Pokémon... I'm not very brave. But I'm... I'm getting there. You're Six?"

---

Livewire simply grunted. "I'm done with this conversation. I'm going for a nap... Then again, maybe not." He too had noticed the blue light. It could bear investigation.

---

"Oh yes, there's several Poison types on our team, including a Zubat. Come to think of it, I heard Joshua in talks to acquire an Illumise recently. I wonder if those went through yet. Oh well! I'll finish the smoke lecture, then we can talk about some special Bug type properties!" Rydia's eyes were brighter than Florence had ever seen them. She gave a sigh.

"I do hope you don't just need me for a practical demonstration Rydia... I'm not the biggest fan of being a lab rat."

"Of course not darling, you can contribute to the discussion too! Now of course, your White Smoke prevents your abilities from being lowered. Care to explain for the Weedle?"

"It's magic."

"... Florence. That is NOT funny."

"I dunno Rydia, the look on your face suggests otherwise." The Eevee had piped up, but regretted it immediately, cowering a little.

"Fine. It's actually a fairly simple mechanic. Mind over matter. The whiteness of the smoke has a rather calming effect on me, allowing me to ignore the change completely."

"Thank you! How fascinating, wouldn't you say?"

---

The Poliwags had stopped talking for the moment, just enjoying the peace and quiet of the river. Undine, however, couldn't help but feel somewhat awkward. Did Mercutio really not care about the future at all? Did he have no foresight at all? What about them? Did he ever think about their future at all? His carefree nature... It was something she both admired and despised about him. Sometimes, she just wanted to Doubleslap him silly... And she was extremely tempted, yes. It was obvious that he wasn't even thinking right now though. Just enjoying nature's perfection again. Typical. She lay back and sighed. Not even paying any attention to her beauty. Lovely.

Unfortunately, that sigh was the signal it had been waiting for. Looking for prey in the forest, the wild Ursaring was in the mood for fish. Tadpoles would do. Now it knew that their guards were down. And so, without further ado, it roared, and leapt from the bushes behind the Poliwags, baring its mighty claws. They were up with a start, but the bear was rushing at them too quickly to put up any meaningful resistance.

Fortunately, they had Aegis to do that for them. The Wartortle appeared as if from nowhere. He'd seen the Ursaring about to spring, and charged forward, riding a rail of ice made from his Blizzard attack before crashing into his opponent with a flaming Crossfire attack, ready to defend his friends. "Mercutio, Undine, get out of here!" The bear had fallen, but it was already getting back to its feet. It would clearly take much more than that...

"Yo, we ain't leavin you!" replied Mercutio, realising how doomed Aegis would be on his own. "Deen, send up a signal?"

"Good idea." With that, Undine fired a bright blue Ice Beam straight into the sky, and prayed that Joshua would notice it. Ursaring had been burned by the Crossfire attack, but now it seemed to be running at the group even faster...

---

"Uh, Keith? Tell me you're seeing that. Looks like an Ice Beam?" Joshua bit his lip. Couldn't be... Bishop hooted at him, as though he had an idea.

"Luna, can you sense what's firing that beam?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #29
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith shrugged as Joshua asked how it would even work, a Beedrill and a Roggenrola. "I don't know," he said. "But yeah, it's all about their happiness, so as long as it works for them, I'm fine with it."

As Amélie shook Six's hand, she apologized and explained about her lack of bravery. "B-believe me, I'm not one t-to judge about s-something like that," Six said. "I... I've always been kinda... k-kinda shy and timid... but my mom and dad are helping me t-to overcome all that. Th-they encourage me to be more outgoing a-and make new friends." Six paused for a moment. "H-hey, how would you like to m-meet my mom and dad?" he asked Amélie. "Th-they're really nice, and so's my Uncle Severus."

Rydia asked Florence for an explanation for the workings of her White Smoke ability. Hermione was ready to write down the answer, her ink-soaked tail stinger at the ready, but she looked incredulous as the Torkoal jokingly stated it to be magic. Once she gave a proper answer, however, the Weedle made a note of it. "Very fascinating indeed," she agreed with Rydia. "I actually have a question," Hermione added, now addressing Florence. "I've heard that White Smoke won't stop your stats from dropping as a result of self-inflicted means, such as the aftereffects of moves like Overheat. Why is that? And please don't say 'magic'," she added with a slight chuckle.

"Wha- yeah, I see that," Keith nodded as he noticed the flash of blue in the sky. "Yeah, that looks like an Ice Beam, all right."

As Luna was asked if she could sense the source of the beam, she simply gazed at the Ice Beam for several seconds, head tilted, then telepathically relayed her findings to the room; Poliwag. Female. Level 25.

"A Poliwag?" Keith remarked, turning back to face Joshua. "Er, Joshua? Not to worry you, but... weren't there two Poliwag in here earlier?" he asked.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases