UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 06-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #301
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vran View Post
You, sir, are a troll. No need to make the adjusted table as I won't be reading it, not even for your "lulz."
Your sentence confused me, as it seemed to say that I'd both avoided and not avoided the comparison. I'm quite heavily dyslexic, so it was hard enough to read in the first place when I'm tired; I didn't bother investing too much effort in trying to understand it. You have my apologies for misunderstanding you. Also, I still expect and apology for the unnecessary use of language earlier. There's no need to be so angry; I'm not saying RSE is awful, end of story; I'm saying it's awful IMO, which makes no claim to be absolute truth.

Anyways a comparison of all pokemon in the two generations:

Pokemon too awful looking to use in GSC:

Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azumarill, Aipom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Unown, Dunsparce, Slugma, Macargo, Remoraid, Smoochum, Qwilfish, Raikou, Shuckle

16/100, 16%

Pokemon too awful looking to use in RSE:

Grovyle, Scepticile, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Marshtomp, Swampert, Zigzagoon, Ludicolo, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Swellow, Pelipper, Surskit, Masquerian, Shroomish, Whismur, Azuril, Nosepass, Skitty Delcatty, Mawile, Lairon, Medicham, Elektrike, Manetric, Plusle, Minuin, Gulpin, Swalot, Camerupt, Spoink, Grumpig, Spinda, Vibravia, Lunatone, Solrock, Barboach, Lileep, Cradilly, Anorith, Feebas, Kecleon, Shuppet, Banette, Chimecho, Snorunt, Glalie, Huntail, Gorebyss, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Shelgon, Salamance, Beldum, Regice, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys

59/135 = 43.7%

This is why I dislike RSE. It’s too hard to form a team that doesn’t have at least one member I outright dislike. 43.7% isn’t truly representative either; the RSE list includes parts of evolutionary lines; I don’t want to go use ugly pokemon, so it puts me off using the whole evo line. That means that a much higher percentage of evo lines in RSE than 43.7% are unusable to me.

EDIT the first: @ empoleon, at the moment we're debating creature design of the pokemon introduced in each of the gens.

EDIT the second: Yeah you're right, that would be interesting Vran.

EDIT the third: Also, I noticed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
you don't complain about my resuse of, for example, Regirock or Altaria, both of which won both their categories for RSE.

Last edited by Concept; 06-12-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #302
Vran
Cascade Badge

This is was probably a better way for us to communicate it. I'll have mine up in a second. I may even decide to do all 4 gens while I'm at it since I'm curious to see how my own results will play out, so if you're game, you can consider doing the same. Or not. It's up to you. Be back... later, I guess, this will take a while.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #303
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
This is was probably a better way for us to communicate it. I'll have mine up in a second. I may even decide to do all 4 gens while I'm at it since I'm curious to see how my own results will play out, so if you're game, you can consider doing the same. Or not. It's up to you. Be back... later, I guess, this will take a while.
Sure, sounds good. I'm pretty sure gen 1 will win; while gen 2 has a number of outstanding pokemons gen 1 had more consistently good design IMO.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #304
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

This thread is now about how Digimon Adventure 01 is better than Digimon Adventure 02

Look at this dumb submarine.

Giant furry walrus is way better.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #305
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Basing this on the sprites as of DP, mainly due to some fugly RBY pokemon now looking alright due to new sprites (most notably Golbat). Also, I suppose “ugly” is somewhat unfair; these are pokemon I wouldn’t use due to their looks; some are more lame than ugly.

Pokemon too awful looking to use in RBY:

Fearow, Ekans, Zubat, Weezing, Gloom, Paras, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Ponyta, Rapidash, Drowzee, Voltorb, Electrode, Goldeen, Seaking, Magnemite, Magneton

17/151 = 11%

Pokemon too awful looking to use in GSC:

Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azumarill, Aipom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Unown, Dunsparce, Slugma, Macargo, Remoraid, Smoochum, Qwilfish, Raikou, Shuckle

16/100 = 16%

Pokemon too awful looking to use in RSE:

Grovyle, Scepticile, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Marshtomp, Swampert, Zigzagoon, Ludicolo, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Swellow, Pelipper, Surskit, Masquerian, Shroomish, Whismur, Azuril, Nosepass, Skitty Delcatty, Mawile, Lairon, Medicham, Elektrike, Manetric, Plusle, Minuin, Gulpin, Swalot, Camerupt, Spoink, Grumpig, Spinda, Vibravia, Lunatone, Solrock, Barboach, Lileep, Cradilly, Anorith, Feebas, Kecleon, Shuppet, Banette, Chimecho, Snorunt, Glalie, Huntail, Gorebyss, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Shelgon, Salamance, Beldum, Regice, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys

59/135 = 44%

This is why I dislike RSE. It’s too hard to form a team that doesn’t have at least one member I outright dislike. 43.7% isn’t truly representative either; the RSE list includes parts of evolutionary lines; I don’t want to go use ugly pokemon, so it puts me off using the whole evo line. That means that a much higher percentage of evo lines in RSE than 43.7% are unusable to me.

Pokemon too awful looking to use in DPPt

Grotle, Chimchar, Infernape, Bidoog, Bibarel, Shinx, Luxio, Budew, Roserade, Burmy, Wormadon, Pachirisu, Cherubi, Cherrim, Ambipom, Mismagius, Glameow, Purugly, Chingling, Stunky, Skunktank, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Bronzor, Bronzong, Happiny, Crogunk, Toxicroak, Carnivine, Mantyke, Magnezone, Lickilily, Rhyperior, Electrivire, Magmortar, Gliscor, Probopass, Froslass, Uxie, Mespirit, Dialga, Palkia, Cresselia, Phione, Arceus,

46/107 = 43%

DPPt may have a similar percentage to RSE, but the difference is they’re usually focused in certain evolutionary lines, whereas the vast majority of evolutionary lines in RSE are unusable to me due to one or two awful pokemon in their line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon View Post
Digimon Adventure 01 is better than Digimon Adventure 02
QFT, if irrelevant.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #306
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Basing this on the sprites as of DP, mainly due to some fugly RBY pokemon now looking alright due to new sprites (most notably Golbat). Also, I suppose “ugly” is somewhat unfair; these are pokemon I wouldn’t use due to their looks; some are more lame than ugly.

Pokemon too awful looking to use in RBY:

Fearow, Ekans, Zubat, Weezing, Gloom, Paras, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Ponyta, Rapidash, Drowzee, Voltorb, Electrode, Goldeen, Seaking, Magnemite, Magneton
Fearow, Electrode, and Magneton were Pokemon I used all the time in RBY/FRLG. o0
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #307
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

My reasoning for much of the above, for anyone interested.

@ Amaras: You're entitled to like them, I just think they look awful. That list is only my opinion.

Last edited by Concept; 06-12-2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: I hate dyslexia.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #308
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

OHHHHHHH I thought you meant that they sucked.

All Pokemon are ugly o0
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #309
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yeah, it's like Lileep, Blaziken and Ludicolo are three of my favourites too which goes to show this whole rating thing its kinda irrelevent. The amount of Infernape and Salamence fanboys is huge too Oo and despite Salamence's ugly sprites it looks pretty sexy in some of its TCG artwork.

Digimon Adventure 2! Submarimon may suck but Ankylomon was shit hot.. another classic example of this whole comparison flaw.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 06-12-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #310
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Graveler

This shit is better than the Bold and the Beatiful.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #311
Vran
Cascade Badge

That's not saying much.

I've got my RBY list done, but I'm holding off on the post until I've got all four, or at least until I've got GSC and RSE.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #312
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Graveler

Why, have you actually seen the Bold and the Beatiful?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is everyone vs Vran, and everyone is for GSC :x
Old 06-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #313
Vran
Cascade Badge

Vran takes on the world. Sounds like a movie.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #314
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Graveler

A BAD MOVIE

LOL
Old 06-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #315
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
A BAD MOVIE

LOL
We were all thinking it :p. I look forward to seeing your list, Vran, even if I predict Stantler will make an appearance.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #316
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Ok that's it I'm gonna make a stantler style set.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #317
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
Ok that's it I'm gonna make a stantler style set.
Good man.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #318
deoxys
Fog Badge

http://pokebeach.com/news/0609/corocoro-hgss-1.jpg

If you ask me, this map basically confirms Kanto is in the game, as you can see it's supposed to continue over further but looks like it's been cut off. Also, there's something new to the left of National Park, and to me it looks like something new is connected to Lake of Rage (Legendary area?)
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #319
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

That new area West of National Park looks awfully like a racetrack. I sure hope they include a Minigame that's basically a watered down of Pokémon Dash. Wait. Can you water down water?

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #320
Vran
Cascade Badge

Just to make sure we're all on the same page here ...
Vran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #321
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon View Post
That new area West of National Park looks awfully like a racetrack. I sure hope they include a Minigame that's basically a watered down of Pokémon Dash. Wait. Can you water down water?
I went to the giant Pokémon tour where they gave away Ho-Oh/Lugia tickets right after XD came out, and one of my buddies won Pokémon Dash as a door prize. He sold it to me for three bucks.

After playing it, I felt ripped off.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #322
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
Just to make sure we're all on the same page here ...
That particular map has been around for years; it appeared in the Johto arc of the anime, long before HGSS was announced.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ohto_Anime.jpg
Old 06-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #323
Vran
Cascade Badge

Quote:
That particular map has been around for years; it appeared in the Johto arc of the anime, long before HGSS was announced.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ohto_Anime.jpg
I don't know which irritates me most: that you smartypants cited at me the very link from which I grabbed the picture hours before you showed up to school me; that you think I'm too stupid to notice that the image file said "Johto_Anime"; that you think I'm too stupid to notice that my edited version, which I manually named, retained the "Johto_Anime" label and tacked on a "2"; or your implication that anybody who tries to provide a service to the community by translating a map of the "Before HGSS" Johto to accompany deoxys's "After HGSS" Johto is in need of your reading assistance.

I may be a cat, but I'm not stupid.

I thought it would be useful to have a GSC map handy for comparison with HGSS. I picked the anime map specifically because (a) it was the prettiest of the maps Bulbapedia had up for their Johto region article, and (b) I figured that it would be neat to see if they edited Johto's map in HGSS to be more like the anime or more like something entirely new, given how atrocious GSC's map was for biking and therefore breeding as well.

I'm also a cranky kitty, so I apologize in advance if you were just trying to be helpful and I'm the one to blame for perceiving your reply as an attempt to be a Mr. Know-it-all and correct me for a perceived error.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #324
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

augh I hope there's a good path for egg hatching now.

I forgot how horrid the path outside the daycare was. :x

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #325
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Quote:
I don't know which irritates me most: that you smartypants cited at me the very link from which I grabbed the picture hours before you showed up to school me; that you think I'm too stupid to notice that the image file said "Johto_Anime"; that you think I'm too stupid to notice that my edited version, which I manually named, retained the "Johto_Anime" label and tacked on a "2"; or your implication that anybody who tries to provide a service to the community by translating a map of the "Before HGSS" Johto to accompany deoxys's "After HGSS" Johto is in need of your reading assistance.

I may be a cat, but I'm not stupid.

I thought it would be useful to have a GSC map handy for comparison with HGSS. I picked the anime map specifically because (a) it was the prettiest of the maps Bulbapedia had up for their Johto region article, and (b) I figured that it would be neat to see if they edited Johto's map in HGSS to be more like the anime or more like something entirely new, given how atrocious GSC's map was for biking and therefore breeding as well.

I'm also a cranky kitty, so I apologize in advance if you were just trying to be helpful and I'm the one to blame for perceiving your reply as an attempt to be a Mr. Know-it-all and correct me for a perceived error.
For one; far from thinking you're too stupid to notice the Johto_anime lable, I didn't notice yours had the Johto_anime label. I just assumed you'd done a google search or something and found it posted as a HGSS map. I happened to recognise the map having looked at the Johto article on bulbapedia about 10 minutes before seeing your post, in research for a Johto based one-shot competition on SPPfail.

And I, for one, would appreciate it if you didn't automatically assume that everyone who disagrees with you is a little 4chanlet asshole who's out to make everyone else look stupid. Stop getting so bloody angry at everyone.

/rant.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON