UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #5126
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
That's a pity. The VN (which presents the un-abridged story) is about to be released, I think it's in its final QC phase.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #5127
Talon87
時の彼方へ

So, I saw this advertisement for Funimation's English dub of Mirai Nikki ...

Spoiler: show
Yukiteru's new voice? The guy can't voice act, but at least his tone would allow me to more believably buy Yukkii's more badass moments and would also spare me THAT WHINY BITCH WHINE!

Yuuno's new voice? YOU SOUND 34 AND NOT THE LEAST BIT YANDERE. Totally dropped the ball.

Deus Ex Machina's new voice? Hey, I'm no longer distracted because it's no longer Wakamoto Norio's distractingly distinct voice!

I'm guessing that the people this is meant for will love it, but for everybody else ... that Yuuno, sheesh. ^^;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #5128
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

To be fair, Yuuno's Japanese CV is pretty old too, and a lot of people felt she was miscasted in the original. I know I found her a bit...different from what I imagined.

That said...Armin = Yuki?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-29-2013, 04:04 AM   #5129
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
So, I saw this advertisement for Funimation's English dub of Mirai Nikki ...

Yukiteru's new voice? The guy can't voice act, but at least his tone would allow me to more believably buy Yukkii's more badass moments and would also spare me THAT WHINY BITCH WHINE!

Yuuno's new voice? YOU SOUND 34 AND NOT THE LEAST BIT YANDERE. Totally dropped the ball.

Deus Ex Machina's new voice? Hey, I'm no longer distracted because it's no longer Wakamoto Norio's distractingly distinct voice!

I'm guessing that the people this is meant for will love it, but for everybody else ... that Yuuno, sheesh. ^^;
The video hasn't been made available in my country, so I can't comment on the voices. =3=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
To be fair, Yuuno's Japanese CV is pretty old too, and a lot of people felt she was miscasted in the original. I know I found her a bit...different from what I imagined.

That said...Armin = Yuki?
No, Yukki was voiced by Misuzu Togashi (this season she's Origami in Date A Live!, for example). Armin is voiced by Marina Inoue, who voiced Yozora in Haganai, Rei Miyamoto in High School of the Dead and Yumiko in RomCom SNAFU. Also Kana Minami in Minami-Ke: Tadaima.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:10 AM   #5130
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
Armin is voiced by Marina Inoue, who voiced Yozora in Haganai, Rei Miyamoto in High School of the Dead and Yumiko in RomCom SNAFU. Also Kana Minami in Minami-Ke: Tadaima.
wat

I've heard Inoue's male voice before. That sure ain't it. What the heck happened? She's learned a new disguise!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-29-2013, 04:18 AM   #5131
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
wat

I've heard Inoue's male voice before. That sure ain't it. What the heck happened? She's learned a new disguise!
Isn't that a good thing for a VA, to be able to play a variety of parts in different ways? ^^; And a lot can happen to a person's voice for a lot of reasons over time.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:22 AM   #5132
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Yeah but I mean...she's really stepped up her game if she can disguise her voice that well now. She was really good at sounding male in the past, but Armin is a cut above what I'd previously heard.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #5133
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Yeah but I mean...she's really stepped up her game if she can disguise her voice that well now. She was really good at sounding male in the past, but Armin is a cut above what I'd previously heard.
I'd personally love to see more videos of VAs doing their job - as in the recording sessions. Youtube has a couple of videos with a few VAs showing how they work with different parts and characters, but the ones I've seen were pretty much all male VAs.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #5134
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

It seems the creators of SRW is making a heroine version of it called Super Heroine Chronicles. Here's a preview video of it. The cast is pretty random and uninteresting for the most part, but this could evolve into something really neat. Like if they started adding stuff like Shana and Nanoha. I do like the fact that they added Di Gi Charat, since it has always held a special place in my heart. Actually her fighting an otaku was amusing.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #5135
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
It seems the creators of SRW is making a heroine version of it called Super Heroine Chronicles. Here's a preview video of it. The cast is pretty random and uninteresting for the most part, but this could evolve into something really neat. Like if they started adding stuff like Shana and Nanoha. I do like the fact that they added Di Gi Charat, since it has always held a special place in my heart. Actually her fighting an otaku was amusing.
Super Sonico. <3 Gotta love that they seem to have given her breasts their own physics engine.

I also love how they don't have the heroine of Aria talking in the trailer because if they did it'd be Kugimiya Rie but they wanted to save her voice in the trailer for Zero no Tsukaima's Louise instead.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #5136
Char
Banned

Learned from reading the manga that Nisekoi has been green-lit for an anime. Hopefully it's good.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #5137
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Someone recommend something good please. I'm only really currently watching Attack on Titan, but I haven't watched anything in a while (apart from Game of Thrones but theres not really any TV shows quite as good as it). I want to watch something like Mushishi, in the sense that its really relaxing, interesting, and just a pleasure to watch every episode. Not something too Dark, not something too light hearted, and preferably not a highschool thing because they're boring and samey :s

typl0x
Old 06-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #5138
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
Someone recommend something good please. I'm only really currently watching Attack on Titan, but I haven't watched anything in a while (apart from Game of Thrones but theres not really any TV shows quite as good as it). I want to watch something like Mushishi, in the sense that its really relaxing, interesting, and just a pleasure to watch every episode. Not something too Dark, not something too light hearted, and preferably not a highschool thing because they're boring and samey :s

typl0x
Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume's Book of Friends) is a personal favorite of mine and I hear it's a lot like Mushishi (I couldn't make it past a few episodes of the latter myself). It's about a boy who can see spirits and how he learns to make friends with them as well as humans. Not sure if it'd be your kind of thing, might be a little light-hearted and shoujo-y, but it's also quite sad at times. I'd recommend checking out the short film Hotarubi no Mori e first to see whether the style suits you, as it's by the same author.

There's also Kino no Tabi, though that one's rather dark. I'd say the closest show I can think of that fits your description is Haibane Renmei. It's also philosophical, but more heartwarming and rather relaxing. The world it creates is pretty interesting.

If you like kids and want something cute, you could also try Usagi Drop. It's just about an adopted girl and her foster father and their daily lives.

Of the currently airing shows, Suisei no Gargantia might fit the bill. Though the recent episode just took a turn...

Edit-

Photo Kano:

Just watched episode 08 (Student Council Rep's).

This hit way closer to home than the Photo girl's. I seriously almost started crying. "I'm not as good a person as people think I am." ...

Other bonuses included the nice music (insert song + her soft rendition of the ED is best so far IMO), and Muroto's lovely casual clothes. Dang she looks good in purple. She was already my favorite of the bunch, but this episode just... Wow.

I'm probably the only one who thinks this way, but I don't care. Favorite episode by far. I don't even want to watch the next one or anything else for a while, still too much in shock/sobered by it. Series could just end here and I'd be satisfied.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 06-04-2013 at 02:44 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #5139
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume's Book of Friends) is a personal favorite of mine and I hear it's a lot like Mushishi (I couldn't make it past a few episodes of the latter myself). It's about a boy who can see spirits and how he learns to make friends with them as well as humans. Not sure if it'd be your kind of thing, might be a little light-hearted and shoujo-y, but it's also quite sad at times. I'd recommend checking out the short film Hotarubi no Mori e first to see whether the style suits you, as it's by the same author.

There's also Kino no Tabi, though that one's rather dark. I'd say the closest show I can think of that fits your description is Haibane Renmei. It's also philosophical, but more heartwarming and rather relaxing. The world it creates is pretty interesting.

If you like kids and want something cute, you could also try Usagi Drop. It's just about an adopted girl and her foster father and their daily lives.

Of the currently airing shows, Suisei no Gargantia might fit the bill. Though the recent episode just took a turn...
I absolutely knew you'd recommend Natsume Yuujinchou, don't ask me how but I completely saw that coming xD But yeah I have looked at that and I like the simplicity of the premise, it seems really interesting and nice to watch. I'll have a look at the others as well
Old 06-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #5140
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

After putting it off for so long, I finally picked up Hentai Kamen and finished it.

Hentai Kamen
First off, oh holy fucking god the ending to this was awful. It was so damn rushed, and left the entire thing for one important character unresolved. It was like they suddenly told the author to just finish it up. The ending really left a bad taste in my mouth. For the rest of the manga, it's pretty bad outside of the superhero moments with Hentai Kamen. The moments where Hentai Kamen beats the bad guy are really funny, and Hentai Kamen is probably my favorite superhero. There's always some really creative ways for Hentai Kamen to shove his crotch into the enemy's face. It's just a shame everything outside of that is dull. The fall down effect they always pull is irritating, and everything else is just boring. Overall, I guess this gets a 5. It's such a shame such an awesome super hero was placed in such a bad manga. If it wasn't for the fact that Hentai Kamen himself was so awesome, this would probably get like a 3.

Next is umm....maybe I'll read Lovely Complex? I also need to play Hopeless Masquerade when I get my hands on a fan.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #5141
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I still haven't gotten Hopeless Masquerade. ;_; [/terrible fan, and not the sort of fan you're talking about] Might try and do that tomorrow. Will have to make space for it. Somehow.

Sorry your manga didn't turn out so hot. That's too bad that it would've been a 3/10 but for the main character.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #5142
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Lovely Complex
I'm about 10 chapters into this. It's okay so far, and I do like the main duo, but I don't like how they shove the height theme down your throat. EVERYONE has something to do with it. Either we get tall dudes or short girls and the do battle with each other. Why can't some characters be normal size? Also reading this feels like running in circles. The main two characters keep going between love interests thinking "MAYBE I LIKE MY COMEDY PARTNER BETTER!". Sad thing is, I have 50 chapters to go...this really should have been shorter.

Will I read the Pyu to Fuku Jaguar manga in a little bit? Maybe! I got my fan so I can play Hopeless Masquerade without lag, but I get tremendously bored every time I play.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:57 AM   #5143
deoxys
Fog Badge

Finally watched the first episode of Madoka. Interesting premise, we'll see where it goes from here. I'll get back around to it when I get some downtime in the next few days.

Although I have a feeling that...

blonde girl dies thanks to Dopple's Urobutcher picture he linked in a thread the other day.... -_-;
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #5144
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Finally watched the first episode of Madoka. Interesting premise, we'll see where it goes from here. I'll get back around to it when I get some downtime in the next few days.

blonde girl dies thanks to Dopple's Urobutcher picture he linked in a thread the other day.... -_-;
Oh. Oh gods.

Good man. Good, good man. That's gotta be, like, my favorite anime.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #5145
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post

Rest assured, your fears are misplaced.

Episode 3? spoiler:

The picture was not the cause of death.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #5146
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've had an odd attraction to an anime called Date A Live. I may have mentioned BBB bashed it, and after the second episode I still feel it's stupid...but something about the art was curiously magnetic. I've finally figured out why - the artist is Tsunako, who is my favourite anime artist most famous for the character designs in Hyperdimension Neptunia, which replaced JJBA as Studio David's primary focus. Given this knowledge, no matter how dumb I'm going to stick with DAL for a while, at least until it grinds my cerebral cortex off my brain stem.

Hear ye, hear ye.

OreImo has ended.

And the worst girl won.

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #5147
Talon87
時の彼方へ

(since you kind of give it away by saying "the worst girl" from the get-go, not bothering to spoiler tag my response)

But I thought the author had totally torpedoed that possibility. I thought his #1 candidate was KuroNeko and (after the author caved in to vocal minority fan pressures and scuttled that one) his #2 candidate was some new girl.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #5148
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I was not aware there is a mutual agreement as to who constitutes the "worst girl".

Although, upon further review, that may have been a loaded introduction without me intending it. Well, I hope that the widely understood discouragement that you bring up may be enough to convince others it's someone else!

Also I have no idea what's going on. Kyosuke and Kuroneko broke up in the novels sometime ago, but it's still a surprise to see it go in this direction. For everything you brought up.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #5149
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Lovely Complex
20 chapters through this. I know I'm not that much further, but my view has changed a bit. Despite going in circles, I've become captivated by this title. I like how the drama isn't taking itself too seriously. I hate how shoujos usually shove drama down your throat, so it's nice how the drama in Lovely Complex isn't really dramatic. The squabbles between the two main characters almost never fail to amuse me. Though the fact that there's 40 more chapters is kind of disheartening. It really seems like there should only be 10 more chapters, considering how much there's left to do. I'm afraid they'll drag things out more than they already are.

Oh, also, there's another episode of that well-made Touhou anime out. I'm personally waiting on subs, but I figured I'd mention it.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #5150
deoxys
Fog Badge

So I just watched episode three of Madoka:

Well, that was sudden. I also wasn't even remotely upset, which is weird, that kind of thing usually makes me sad. They even tried hard to get you to like her and feel happy for her less than five minutes before she was killed, and yet all that accomplished was getting me to ship Mami x Madoka ^___^;

I imagine this will be the catalyst for Madoka to become a Magi now. She'll wish for Mami to come back to life or something, but I doubt it will happen the way she wants it to. Like an alternate time line or something...

I also imagine that what's-her-face black haired girl is trying to protect Madoka - she knows things. I feel like she knows what Madoka's future is or something and she's trying to stop it.

And Kyubey - I don't trust him. It. Whatever. That thing is shady as fuck. It definitely has its own goals and intentions.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime