UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 04-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
Raves
Brains over Brawn.

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
UPN PASBL: Dream Breaker vs Weebos in Synthetic Island War!

Whoa, they say. Fishy is a ref? Since when?

Since a few hours ago, Haychtoo. And so here we have a lovely matchup between Dream Breaker, who is personified in Haychtoo's Book of Trainers(TM) as 'A breaker of dreams', and Weebos, known better as the 'Purveyor of Titanic Euphoria'. So what are the battle specs?

Dream Breaker vs. Weebos
2 vs. 2
72 Hr. DQ
Pool Arena
Slapstick
Return = KO
Equi with those new conflabbed rules
UPN MATCH

Equi setting is at 3, so all pokemon will be level 3 and evolved if necessary. Also, because one is feeling rather generous today, we have Pontoons in the pool, with eight wooden pontoons surrounding a larger one with a border of ice on it, offering leeway for slippage. Said central pontoon is twelve feet in diameter with the ice ring being one foot wide, and the regular pontoons are of a twelve by five length. Ooh, how fascinating. The water's lovely to all water types as well, with the maximum temperature of 25 degrees C, and a temperature of 15 around the central pontoon. All pontoons are destructible if hit by anything stronger than a Waterfall or similar move.

So the match will be as follows.

~Weebos posts squad of six.
~DB posts squad of six and sends out a pokemon.
~Weebos sends out a pokemon and orders.
~DB orders.
~I ref.
~DB orders.
~Weebos orders.
~I ref.
~Weebos orders.
~DB orders.
~I ref.
~Repeat from line 6 until one team swims with my clones *shot*

I guess you post then...someone get me a medic.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
Re: UPN PASBL: Dream Breaker vs Weebos in Synthetic Island War!

The newer equi rules are semi-complicated but essentially it allows for 1 level 3, and 5 level 2s, essentially, its much more complex than that, look in the announcements.

Moody-Female Gardevoir-lvl 3
Rayje and Moody were twins at birth and they excel in battle together. They both focus on different techniques and complement each other exceptionally.
Special Training- Brain over Brawn
Moody's Special Attacks do 25% more damage, but her Physical Attacks do 25 % Less and take 25% more energy.

Buffalo-Male Remoraid-lvl 2
Bio- I met Buffalo at a little pet shop in Saffron City. He was much more energetic then all the other remoraid and occasionally got into fights, which caused him to be set apart from all the other pokemon in his own lonely little bowl. I always wanted an Octillery and I felt bad for him, so I purchased this lovely little fish, only to find it had a very peculiar obsession. Buffalo really enjoyed using beam attacks. He shot at everything when I brought him home, resulting in several frozen objects, an incredibly wet living room, and an incredibly angry landlord. I decided to attempt to harness this interesting compulsion and we trained hard for several months to spice up his variety of beams. Buffalo is surprisingly the intellectual of the group. He also has a horrible superiority complex and usually talks down to some of the weaker members of the squad, or really, just anyone in general.
Sig move (special attack) Elemental beam
Buffalo can concentrate energy of any type of move that he currently knows, except for ice, and shoot it out as a beam attack. This does damage equal to an aurora beam and takes energy equal to an aurora beam. If I were to order this attack I would say, "Fire beam", if i wanted to use a beam of fire. Can only be used three times per pokemon, each element can be used only once.

Jesus-Male Psyduck-lvl 2
no sig

Gloria-Female Misdreavus-lvl 1
no sig

Rafael-Male Wartortle-lvl 2
Bio: In his early days, Rafael was a rogue and a trickster. He annoyed the other pokemon on squirtle island so much that they banished him from the island. The next day squirtle stowed away on a boat that he assumed was leaving for the main land, but it was not. The boat was full of scientists and they were going to live in the cold icy north for several months. Nowadays he is laidback and content, although he can be lazy sometimes.
Sig move (special training)- Icy Chill
Rafael had to live with the scientists for three months in the cold dark snowy plains of the arctic north. As a result of this, squirtle has learned how to withstand extreme cold and excel in iciness. Squirtle's ice type attacks have a 10% greater chance of freezing the opponent. As a result of this he can no longer use Mirror Coat.

Sex-Female Seviper-lvl 2
no sig

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs

Pan: Male Vaporeon [Lv. 3]

Cyril: Genderless Staryu [Level 2]

Yuki-onna: Female Froslass [Level 3]

Astarael: Male Gyarados [Level 2]

Belgaer: Male Azumarill [Level 2]

Halia: Female Goldeen [Level 1]

"Belgaer."
Old 04-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Gloria, who due to equi is in fact level 2, darn my laziness
Lets go, Toxic and Shock Wave

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 04-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

D: Toxic. I thougth better of you, Weebs.

"Throw a Surf at Gloria to suck up the Toxic and damage her, following up by chilling her with a Blizzard."
Old 04-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
Raves
Brains over Brawn.

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.

As this match gets underway, Weebos sends out Gloria, a sprightly Misdreavus who giggles as DB sends out an Azumarill by the name of Belgaer, which I shall add is a pain to type.

Gloria opens up by spewing a glob of toxic crap towards Belgaer, who merely charges towards it, creatinga large wave of water that's perfect for surfing on, which naturally completely swamps over the blob, washing it out completely and crashing into Gloria for heavy damage!

Or it would were Misdreavus not composed mainly of gases, and instead the wave flops almost harmlessly over her, but she still feels some pain from the sheer weight. Gloria then crackles with electricity before sending her own wave towards Belgaer, who decides to adopt a different approach. Using his strength, he calls forth a brutal blizzard which proceeds to whip through the electric wave that shocks Belgaer pretty hard, but Gloria can only watch as the effective wind proceeds to buffet her.

Well, Gloria has certainly taken quite a lot of damage already, and seems to be wincing a little as she floats, though the damage came primarily from the Blizzard, which has also helped by making her a little more solid. Belgaer has taken some damage from SHock Wave, but still has a good bit more than Gloria, which is the opposite in terms of energy. Using two high-energy moves has made Belgaer's breathing pretty heavy and a little quick, and further actions like that could very well exhaust him. Gloria's sed relatively little energy, though, and is merely breathing only a little bit.

DB then Weebos.

Owch...

Hey, lookie here, fishy's awake.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

ff, do you use the "pokemon have enough energy to KO their opponent 1.5x" rule? Just wondering because it'll affect my uh...strategies (or lack thereof >>').

xd, and sorry about my Azumarill's nickname.

"Slow Gloria down with an Icy Wind and then Supersonic."
Old 04-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Taunt
THUNDER!

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 04-21-2008, 05:03 AM   #9
Raves
Brains over Brawn.

Yeah, DB, the general 'Pokemon has enough energy to kill one and a half others' rule is used by me, though fluctuations do occur.

As round two opens, and as my typing gets crappier by the minute, Belgaer unleashes an icy wind from her mouth towards Gloria, who proceeds to start to mock the Azumarill for being a rabbit, but is promptly silenced as the freezing wind proceeds to belt her one and shut her up, sans a squeal of pain. Belgaer then starts to give an eerie sound as the supersonic waves hurtle towards Gloria, who crackles with electricity before sending a massive plume of electricity skywards just as she is hit by the waves and becomes rather confused as the blast of thunder scores a hit on Belgaer, making the aquarabbit scream in pain and sending her into the drink from the force of impact.

This round has brought a few changes to the arena and pokemon. Firstly, Gloria is starting to breathe heavily having used a powerful electric move, and has about enough electric energy to perhaps use a couple of thunderbolts only, while Belgaer is also panting a bit more. Belgaer is lucky not to be paralyzed, however, because that Thunder did a good number onto the pokemon, and now has less health than Gloria, who now chatters from the cold and in confusion, and is also slower due to the nature of the attack.

The OneMoveRound is on for DB, as Taunt failed to go off, and Weebos, then DB if ye will.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #10
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Screech?

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 04-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #11
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

"Wait out the Screech, if Gloria manages to execute it, and Rain Dance."
Old 04-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #12
Raves
Brains over Brawn.

Round three gets off to a noisy start as Gloria decides to follow suit of a contest fanclub composed entirely of girls when they see a semi-nude Wallace giving a cheeky wink, and proceeds to screech in a pitch even Zubat are incapable of producing. Weathering the storm, Belgaer then chants to some deity, such as Bidoof as chosen by Haychtoo's RNG, asking for rain to dance in. Belgaer's prayers are answered as the clouds proceed to darken.

Pretty much a dull round today, with only minima exertion of energy by Glria, who is free from confusion now, but still pretty chilly, while Belgaer has used considrably more in calling for the rain, which will start to fall next round, and is puffing a good deal, with some sweat as well.

DB, then Weebs.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #13
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

"Jump up onto a pontoon, if you aren't already, and Bubblebeam."
Old 04-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #14
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Take the hit, Knock it into the water with Psychic and then fry it to pieces with Thunderbolt

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 04-24-2008, 06:21 AM   #15
Raves
Brains over Brawn.

As Round 4 kicks off, the rain starts to come on, although right now it's mere drizzle, which seems to calm Belgaer.

From the drink, which one really has to update, Belgaer clambers onto one of the sidereal pontoons, while Gloria takes aim at him, and successfully lifts the Azumarill with psychic powers, chucking him back into the drink, befire blasting Belgaer with a thunderbolt.

Very pissed, Belgaer proceeds to stay in the water and looses a bubbly beam from his mouth, with the bubbles popping all over Gloria like a minigun to a nursery.

Gloria is visibly tiring now, as is Belgaer thanks to their moves, and Gloria is almost out of electrical energy. Health-wise, Belgaer is the more injured of the two, and now supports his movement with a slight limp, and a couple more strong moves of his weakness will put him down. As for Gloria, she's a bit better, but is still pretty pained.

Weebs, then DB.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #16
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Shock wave, confuse ray

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 04-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #17
Raves
Brains over Brawn.

Soz, might not be able to ref until Saturday. Will update this post when I get a chance to ref.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #18
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

"We need to regain our momentum, Belgaer. Now that's she's still semi-solid, Dive underneath to avoid the brunt of the Shock Wave, coming back up with a rain-boosted Surf to deal damage and block out the Confuse Ray."
Old 04-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #19
Raves
Brains over Brawn.

Round five starts with Belgaer diving underwater, taking some damage from Gloria's shock wave, before deciding to go all-out and rising back up on a great big surfing wave of pwn, bolstered by the pissing rain, which Gloria merely floats against, chuckling to herself at the last failed surf.

This time around, though, she's a bit more solid, and screams as the deluge proceeds to swamp over her, reminding her that she's semi-solid, before she gives the pontooned Azumarill a confusing ray, and misses spectacularly.

Gloria took a heavy hit this round, and will likely be unable to soak up another couple of heavy hits, while Belgaer is better health-wise, though not by much. Gloria is cleanly out of electrical energy now, and has the advantage of having more energy, though she is starting to have difficulty floating, while Belgaer is a bit wobbly on his feet.

As for the arena, the northern pontoons have been smashed, and the central and others have been damaged, with another Surf likely to destroy the smaller ones and a powerful hit to the central one. OneMoveRound for Weebs and DB, nd orders from DB first.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #20
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

"Take a breather this round, Diving into the water only if you need to get out of the way of something."
Old 04-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #21
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Spite

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 04-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #22
Raves
Brains over Brawn.

Round six opens with Gloria seeming to be focusing energy for some reason as Belgaer floats around. Gloria's spite acts on Belgaer, as he merely floats in the drink, before suddenly feeling pretty knackered.

Interesting round this, with Gloria now having difficulty staying in one position as she floats wobbily, while Belgaer's natural efforts of taking a breather and gaining a little energy have actually been countered by Spite, and much more, with him feeling almost as exhausted. No health changes this round.

Weebs, then DB. Oy vey.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #23
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

o_O
Spite (GH) -- The user consumes significant energy putting a sort of "Curse" on the opponent. After the user finishes Spiting the opponent, the victim will feel like they performed the last move they pulled off more than once. If the attack was high powered (Fire Blast, Hyper Beam), they will feel an energy drain like the last usage was instead 1.5 uses of the move. If the attack was medium powered (Thunderbolt, Flamethrower), it will seem like they used the attack twice instead of once. For low powered attacks, it will feel like they used it three times, not once. The energy drainage will be directly of the type of move last used.

Surf doubled is the same as the zero net gain of chilling?

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Old 04-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #24
Raves
Brains over Brawn.

D'oh.

One must remember to read attack descriptions more...anyways, will edit accordingly.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #25
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Confuse Ray, then again if it fails

Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL