UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 04-12-2024, 11:32 AM   #1
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Zone Discussion: Starlight Frontier

(Putting it here because Serebii does not have a dev thread)

Spoiler: show
Starlight Frontier

Zone of Exploration

Ever since ancient times, mankind has gazed up at the night sky and wondered what lies beyond the heavens—now, the dream has been realized with the power of science! The world’s first self-sufficient space habitat has finally reached completion: The Space Colony Starlight!

The brainchild of the aerospace division of Grey Matter Laboratories, this ring-shaped station is the work of engineering once thought to be pure science fiction. Despite being high above the Earth’s protective gasses, the station’s artificial atmosphere ensures that inhabitants are able to safely experience the organic rhythm of day and night. Not only that, but thanks to artificial gravity and simulated weather systems, living here feels just as natural as living on the surface!

Launching once a week from the beautiful beaches of Fizzytopia’s sparkling coast, the space shuttle Ark transports passengers and cargo high into the Earth’s atmosphere in a matter of hours. Of course, we assure you that the automated systems guiding the ship have been rigorously tested to avoid any and all chance of failure.

Once you’ve departed the shuttle, you’re free to explore the Starlight at your leisure. Each of the colony’s four main modules have been developed by international collaborators with the goal of offering a diverse array of facilities. The possibilities for adventure are truly as boundless as the stars in the sky!

Starlight Frontier is a freeform Zone meant to provide a loose framework for science-fiction adventures. ZU’s and players alike are encouraged to use the sub-areas below as a jumping-off point to craft your very own experience aboard Space Colony Starlight. At your ZU’s discretion, your adventure may take you to a Shadow Area within the sub-zone.

Port Elysios - Habitat Module
> Please reply in cornflowerblue

Welcome to the city of tomorrow! Designed by an expert team of urban planners from across the world, Port Elysios is perhaps the most ambitious of the Starlight’s many projects: A green, self-sufficient, pedestrian-friendly city that can serve as a model for the ideal Earth society.

Inspired by the historic architecture of Kalos and Paldea’s largest cities, Port Elysios is a far cry from the concrete jungle of New Fizz City. Rows of brickwork buildings mix downstairs businesses with upstairs apartments—public boulevards branch off into sprawling alleyways where the nightlife shines. Freshwater canals cut through the city’s profile above, while underfoot lies a bustling metro, making distant commutes fast and affordable.

Adventures in the city focus mainly on social interaction, and feature unique locations tailored to your interests. Pokemon species that were initially introduced to the colony as workers or pets have slowly founded their own wild ecosystems within the city, ensuring that whether you’ve come here to shop, sightsee or explore—there’s always a good chance that you’ll run into a fateful encounter.

Asphodel Meadows - Agricultural Zone
> Please reply in limegreen

No matter how well designed, a city cannot survive without resources to sustain it. Although spaceflight has become much cheaper over time, the cost of importing food and materials from Earth has represented a massive hurdle in both the size and quality of life of a space colony—until now! By harnessing the artificial atmosphere, the Asphodel Meadows project has ensured that all essential resources can be grown on colony soil!

As the train departs from Port Elysios, the gridlined city soon transitions into rural countryside, where those seeking a quieter life aboard the colony live. Here, the verdant fields of Asphodel roll on until the climb up the inverted horizon, and yet they are far from empty. Each quadrant of land has been carefully developed to meet the colony’s resource needs—from dense forests for lumbering, to artificial seas for fishing and irrigating the massive plots of farmland that grow crops all year round.

Beyond agriculture, Asphodel Meadows also serves as a Pokemon sanctuary. Some species were first brought here as livestock—such as Wooloo or Miltank—but many more have been released into the wild in order to create a robust ecosystem aboard the colony. Whenever this delicate balance is threatened, you can bet that adventuring Trainers like you will be called on to set things right!

NYX Labs - Research Area
> Please reply in cyan

Although Port Elysios brings in most of the attention and revenue for the colony, it is first and foremost a place dedicated to scientific research. Both the city and Asphodel Fields were developed with the backing of NYX Labs—a branch of Grey Matter Labs intent on proving that life beyond the stars is truly possible.

Located on the opposite end of the colony from Port Elysios, beyond the fields of Asphodel, a canopy of retractable steel plates blots out the sky. The only vegetation that grows under this endless night are bioluminescent mosses and fungi, casting massive research complexes in a neon underglow. Even the interior of these facilities are host to otherworldly sights, from ghostly holograms drifting through sterile halls to laboratories filled with top-secret experiments.

The purpose of this strange landscape is to grant researchers near total control of the environment. Tven the gravity of individual chambers can be altered to aid in experiments that wouldn’t normally be possible on Earth. Naturally, Pokemon both common and rare play a key role in many projects, but Trainers of all experience levels are in quite high demand here—volunteer as an assistant or test subject, and you may just find it worth your while.

The Towers of Charon - Maintenance Deck
> Please reply in gold

In order to power such a massive space station, scientists from Kalos, Alola, and Galar pooled their knowledge together to produce a revolutionary new way device: The Prisma Engine! This one-of-a-kind generator utilizes multiple types of crystalline energy to output tremendous amounts of power with relatively little fuel.

Situated at the center of the colony, the Prisma Engine is most visible at night, shining brightly like a lodestar. To distribute this power, five massive struts connect the core to the rest of the station, arranged like spokes around a great wheel. Each strut bears its own designation: Styx, Phlegathon, Lethe, Acheron and Cocytus—collectively referred to as the Towers of Charon.

True to their namesakes, the inside of the towers are perilous to traverse. The further you climb these narrow corridors, the more gravity weakens, and the more hazards you’ll encounter—be they broken-down machines, stowaway Pokemon, or the vacuum of space itself. With systems needing inspection or repairs regularly, the engineers are always happy to have daring Trainers lending a hand. Adventure here at your own risk!

Current Zone Map:
Spoiler: show

Hey all, I've inherited this zone as it's new ZA and as such I figured some workshopping might be wise. I have my own vision of possible fixes/reworks to the zone but I would also like some community feedback on how users feel about the zone. This thread has a lot of really good points made about all the zones but I would like to draw attention in particular to any points made about SF.

Since it's opening, it's been a high engagement zone, sure, but I can see the problems facing the zone from an updater perspective. While I don't want to go too heavy into my own thoughts, I want the community to give their thoughts on the zone.
- How do you feel about the current structure of the zone? Is there anything you want changed? Would you prefer if areas were expanded?
- I saw points about this in the thread where some people don't feel like their characters would fit in this space. How do you feel about this zone as an adventurer?
- As an updater, is there any issues you have with updating in this zone?
- Assuming you find this zone to have problems, what would you suggest as a fix?

Love, I don't want you to change
Take me far away / Let me go

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
fizzy bubbles last.fm steam carrd
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 04:33 PM   #2
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
Hey all, I've inherited this zone as it's new ZA and as such I figured some workshopping might be wise. I have my own vision of possible fixes/reworks to the zone but I would also like some community feedback on how users feel about the zone. This thread has a lot of really good points made about all the zones but I would like to draw attention in particular to any points made about SF.

Since it's opening, it's been a high engagement zone, sure, but I can see the problems facing the zone from an updater perspective. While I don't want to go too heavy into my own thoughts, I want the community to give their thoughts on the zone.
- How do you feel about the current structure of the zone? Is there anything you want changed? Would you prefer if areas were expanded?
- I saw points about this in the thread where some people don't feel like their characters would fit in this space. How do you feel about this zone as an adventurer?
- As an updater, is there any issues you have with updating in this zone?
- Assuming you find this zone to have problems, what would you suggest as a fix?
[/SIZE][/INDENT][/JUSTIFY]
I would really want to hear your thoughts on what you want to do as well. Sure I'll answer the questions while I am here, but by all means go into your thoughts as well.

I feel like the overall implied size of SF gets overlooked. It also has to have been noted that its not on the moon ( If we want to put it on the moon thats a different thing all together but idk how that would work ). As for the overall expansion... I feel like it just needs to be reworked from the ground up. Looking at the map I just don't like it? I get that its like a orbital ring thing... but it feels like a video game level than a true space station.

As an adventurer my characters are heading to Nyx labs purely to see how things are because they spend a lot of time within Grey Matter Labs. I have no interest in literally any of the other areas and that is actually rare for me.

Updating. Meh. Feels like I am forced to do a shitty sci fi adventure. Really limited from there if I want to expand beyond that storyline.

To be honest... I feel like this zone needs to be heavily reworked. ( Looking forward to something like an actual space city thingy I guess )

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 04:25 PM   #3
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Okay so. Breaking down by zone:

First, we have Port Elysios. Which... Is bluntly a generic Port settlement. A Kalosian/Paldean-inspired city, with a description that offers, almost quite literally, "generic city quests". We have an entire other zone for this. It genuinely feels like this zone was not written around being in a space station.

Next up, Asphodel Meadows: Aether Paradise meets a farming sim. Again, this place is left pretty open-ended for questing, offering what amounts to generic field quests, but ultimately I can't think of anything unique to be offered here that couldn't be offered in a generic field zone in some other place.

NYX Labs: In the cold void of space, the ethics board can't reach us. This is the first area of the three so far that is genuinely written to be aboard a space station, and it's also a fairly niche zone, especially with the description pointing updaters and updatees towards adventures revolving around experiments, either as an assistant or as a subject. While this is arguably better than the previous two, which give no such direction and practically state "generic city and generic farmland", one could argue that there should be less pointing at one specific aspect and maybe promoting a couple other angles.

And finally, the Towers of Charon. Another zone that has basically one flavour of adventure promoted, this being "repair and/or maintenance of the ship's power grid". From a realistic point of view, I question why Trainers are allowed in here at all, much less allowed to perform maintenance here, and from an RP perspective, I find it fairly laughable as to how narrow the scope of promised adventures are.

The long and short of it is: The more I read this zone, the less it makes sense as a single, cohesive zone. It claims to be a sci-fi zone, and then half the zones are, if anything, actively leaning away from the sci-fi themes and towards being regular places, forcing updaters to try and drag it back to sci-fi or else abandon that entirely and give the updatee just a regular-ass adventure. And then the two that do lean into the sci-fi aspect both offer a narrow scope of adventures, and while the Labs can get away with it on the versatility of Science, the Towers really cannot. Ultimately, I think we need to either rewrite this zone from the ground up, or get rid entirely. In its current iteration, I don't think it works very well.
Old 04-13-2024, 05:06 PM   #4
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
The long and short of it is: The more I read this zone, the less it makes sense as a single, cohesive zone. It claims to be a sci-fi zone, and then half the zones are, if anything, actively leaning away from the sci-fi themes and towards being regular places, forcing updaters to try and drag it back to sci-fi or else abandon that entirely and give the updatee just a regular-ass adventure. And then the two that do lean into the sci-fi aspect both offer a narrow scope of adventures, and while the Labs can get away with it on the versatility of Science, the Towers really cannot. Ultimately, I think we need to either rewrite this zone from the ground up, or get rid entirely. In its current iteration, I don't think it works very well.
I think you've hit the nail on the head with my own issues towards the zone. Upon it being first introduced I was picturing something akin to OG Cloud Garden, where it was very whimsical and leaned a lot into the space aspect (actually that's *why* my Fizzy Form Cleffa was from this area). I completely agree that it either needs to fully lean into a space colony/sci-fi zone or be scrapped.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
Old 04-13-2024, 06:42 PM   #5
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

My one adventure in this zone so far was my Eternatus adventure. I thought the space station zone was perfect for such a thing, with Eternatus being an extraterrestrial Pokémon, and, well, the ensuing adventure proved me right, I would say. I definitely see how it's a bit of a narrow scope. Definitely a zone with a certain genre in mind, and that's not gonna work for everyone. But for those it does work for, it friggin' works! I'm all for keeping this zone around. I'm not convinced a rewrite is necessary, but I'm also not sure I'm exactly the best judge of these things, so I'm not gonna force the issue if I'm the only one who's cool with how it currently is.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:13 PM   #6
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
My one adventure in this zone so far was my Eternatus adventure. I thought the space station zone was perfect for such a thing, with Eternatus being an extraterrestrial Pokémon, and, well, the ensuing adventure proved me right, I would say. I definitely see how it's a bit of a narrow scope. Definitely a zone with a certain genre in mind, and that's not gonna work for everyone. But for those it does work for, it friggin' works! I'm all for keeping this zone around. I'm not convinced a rewrite is necessary, but I'm also not sure I'm exactly the best judge of these things, so I'm not gonna force the issue if I'm the only one who's cool with how it currently is.
I think one of my largest problems with it is the weird layout as well as almost all adventures just ending up in the lab anyways, I feel like a lot of the areas just aren't being utilized as they should be.

Visualizing this zone mentally as what I wished it would be, I wanted almost like a space colony/exploration zone to explore the vast expanse of space. A central hub of labs and research areas, and then life contained around that --- I've used this comparison a few times in chats with the other mods but I almost wanted biodomes akin to Blueberry Academy with various trees/fauna from those climates as well as Pokemon and then a way to exit and go through the vast expanse of actual space.

It's the zone of exploration but it feels so suffocating and bottlenecked into a specific kind of exploration. It feels like I'm stuck in an Alien movie and the Xenomorph is chasing me in circles around the ship but there's nowhere else I can go, nowhere to explore, no whimsy.

I want my whimsy dammit. I want my SPACE.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
Old 04-14-2024, 09:27 PM   #7
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Let's start off with the questions first and foremost.

My personal feeling on the zone as it stands right now in term of structure is that it has ended feeling not particularly good. This zone is VERY complicated from the get go, with areas that are not contiguous and whole with each other, and a really complicated map layout that I'm not sure actually serves the zone any good. The Towers don't even really feel like an area you should be exploring, given the general lack of gravity and kind of just...the lack of any strong reason to be in the guts of the craft. It takes up a huge portion of the real estate as well.

In addition, on a personal note, I HATE the theming of this zone. This is going to eternally bug me about this zone until it's fixed, but naming all the different locations as different parts of the underworld and darkness completely clashes with the vibe of the OP. The message I get from naming a part of your ship "Elysios" or "Asphodel" or "Charon" is deathtrap. This is the ship from Event Horizon, not a place to have happy fun adventures.

I don't know if the intent was some kind of Deus Ex smart person comedy but it doesn't work. Very random theming that ultimately ends up hurting it.

The reason the other two subzones don't really work in this zone is really simple: they just kind of don't make sense. Nothing about the port is evocative of a sci-fi setting, it's just a city. It's probably not going to be exactly like a normal Earth city for various different reasons, and frankly it should probably lean harder into the sci-fi aesthetics.

The Meadows also has a huge optics problem: its uh. The Meadows, but the intent with the area is not that. The vast different ecosystems that are supposed to be here don't really feel represented, either in name nor on the map, and so I think as a result it just kind of gives the impression of a really big section of farmland. This is one of those areas where having subareas would be REALLY important for helping to delineate important landmarks and locations. If there is a vast inland sea, it would be cool to know about it rather than it feeling throwaway.

*sigh*... So here is ultimately where I have to be totally honest about my feelings on this zone as a whole. I literally cannot imagine either of my characters ever coming here. They were not designed with the idea that easily economized space travel in Fizzytopia was real. So I've never bothered adventuring here. It feels very weird to me that this zone exists as it is. It clashes with my view of how the game world exists and for that reasons I've just taken to avoiding it.

"Why would either of my characters come here?" is a question I've just found impossible to answer.

The zone needs to be heavily reworked, but it might not just be as simple as "change the zones to be more spacey". I think we should really work to reconsider what exactly we want a zone of this type to be like.
Princess Ana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 04:32 AM   #8
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Random spitball idea for rework potential: Scrap it being an actual space station, make it a simulation of one as training prep for something that got scrapped and turned into a "space city on Earth" touristy city. Keep the labs, get a proper sci-fi city going, give some simulated alien terrain for tourists to "explore", aaimulated space station with low-to-zero gravity, that sort of thing.

Ultimately I think whatever we end up doing here, we are going to end up with essentially a new zone. This is not going to be a small to moderate rework, this is going to be a "rip it out and start again" and I think it's worth fielding the thought of "is there enough interest to warrant trying to rewrite it?" because if most people can't see a reason to come to the zone anyway... Why should we keep it?
Old 04-15-2024, 10:34 AM   #9
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Random spitball idea for rework potential: Scrap it being an actual space station, make it a simulation of one as training prep for something that got scrapped and turned into a "space city on Earth" touristy city. Keep the labs, get a proper sci-fi city going, give some simulated alien terrain for tourists to "explore", aaimulated space station with low-to-zero gravity, that sort of thing.

Ultimately I think whatever we end up doing here, we are going to end up with essentially a new zone. This is not going to be a small to moderate rework, this is going to be a "rip it out and start again" and I think it's worth fielding the thought of "is there enough interest to warrant trying to rewrite it?" because if most people can't see a reason to come to the zone anyway... Why should we keep it?
I don't hate your first idea at all, but it plays into the second point of "it's basically going to be a new zone". Ultimately I have two personal ideas for a zone rewrite (these are currently rough ideas and can be changed/are not written up at all)

- a full "science" zone that is not in space at all but is still run by Grey Matter Labs. Different areas represent different areas of scientific study (there's a space study with the simulation like Iron suggested, nature with a research biodome, technology, wormhole, dynamax, tera, etc.
- it's still in space but the labs move central, sub areas around the lab are different biodiverse climates (akin to Blueberry Academy) and there is another sub area that allows for space exploration.

I am also open to other ideas, or the possibility of just finishing out the current adventures and closing the shutters on this zone --- as I am not the original visionary and I'm sure there's lore about it I'm not even aware of.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───
Old 04-15-2024, 10:54 AM   #10
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

To be honest I think we'd probably be better off prepping to shutter the zone anyway because this is going to be essentially a fresh zone.

The second thing I think we need is a survey as to whether people are actually interested in adventuring in a sci-fi zone like the possibilities that have been proposed or if people would just prefer a new zone. I don't think it's worthwhile rewriting the zone if people are still going to look at it and go "Cool, but idk why my characters would go there."
Old 04-15-2024, 09:05 PM   #11
Sneaze
Mrow?

Okay so I have opinions about this zone and its potential for rewrites in general.

First off... no way in hell should we ever open the can of worms that is proper space exploration. It would just result in the same issues that currently exist with DA and the problem of it being too open. While biodiverse areas of study such as research biomes are kinda and extreme cop out and a bit cliche... tropes exist for a reason so I'm on board with that so long as they have proper reason to exist within such a station.

Second... taking the space station out of space defeats the purpose entirely. Simulations as opposed to proper adventure is boring. Making a giant lab for science in general results in any area of scientific study in any other zone feeling redundant. And more importantly we should be allowing for the fantasy of fixing a proper space station. Let me have to throw on a proper suit and walk outside to repair something. Let me have to deal with the fact that the air filtration or something stupid isn't working quite right and they need someone to go pick a part of storage and fast. It adds to the excitement to make it real and what we want out of adventures is to make them exciting based off the region, not to slap the same "go catch a Pokemon because I said so" quests into every goddamn zone.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:49 AM   #12
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Oh, Starlight Frontier. I have very mixed feelings about you as a zone, but I do think it's a zone that should exist. Pokemon has always had tech and sci-fi elements to it, even from the original Red and Blue. However, we very much have a problem with how the zone is designed. All adventures end in the Labs. That's just how it is. Pretty much every single adventure there ends up with members either interacting with the labs directly, or the staff in one way or another. So, that fact, and the map of the zone, really does it no favors in being a zone and more just feeling like a single sub-area or something a secret base could realistically employ.

The fact that two of the subareas are split apart from each other, with the city being split by one of the towers, and the fields completely split in half, makes traveling the zone a headache. The zone itself also tries to put further emphasis on it feeling like a place down on the planet which like... it shouldn't. It should feel like a space station. A giant spaceship that's tech, hallways, and minimal nature. If we want people to be able to go out into space itself, I feel like that's something we can do without it being actual space exploration. Allow us to walk on the moon, or explore some asteroids. It can be done in a way that isn't like... as open-ended as DA currently is.

A good example, of what I feel SF should be, is a mix of like Star Trek ships, the ship from Wall-E, and the International Space Station. Cut out the city and fields in its entirety. They can be replaced with bunk rooms and labs. I can see a greenhouse being a thing, but not the whole artificial sun fields and that like. I want it to feel like that gritty science fiction that a spaceship promotes.

Like I am privy to one of the ideas on reworking the zone and do like that direction, in a sense, but I think we should really keep the zone to what it is at the end of the day, a high-tech space station. Do not try to make it an artificial biome or city or what have you. Allow us to perform tasks around the ship, explore it, and see what's being researched, and maybe at most have us explore the space around the ship and potentially the moon. Hell, I'd be fine with the ship's purpose to be colonizing the moon like Futurama does, for example. We've already had a good amount of people think the zone is on the moon or going to the moon is an option of the zone.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 02:37 PM   #13
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Second... taking the space station out of space defeats the purpose entirely. Simulations as opposed to proper adventure is boring. Making a giant lab for science in general results in any area of scientific study in any other zone feeling redundant. And more importantly we should be allowing for the fantasy of fixing a proper space station. Let me have to throw on a proper suit and walk outside to repair something. Let me have to deal with the fact that the air filtration or something stupid isn't working quite right and they need someone to go pick a part of storage and fast. It adds to the excitement to make it real and what we want out of adventures is to make them exciting based off the region, not to slap the same "go catch a Pokemon because I said so" quests into every goddamn zone.
Honestly I can see where you're coming from but also I feel like the whole "space" part of SF is half the reason barely anyone ever went there, and is a major sticking point that I think needs to go if we're going to bother rewriting the zone. Sci-fi is cool, but it doesn't need to be space, and people have expressed that adventuring in space is just something they don't see their characters doing. Hell, I only adventured there because at the time, the other zones were less appealing. Space is cool, but apparently most people don't want to, or can't see their characters, adventuring there, and I don't think rewriting the zone to some other space station is going to change that.

...Honestly the more I think on this, the more I feel like we should just bin the zone and make a new zone that isn't constrained by being an association of this dumpster fire. There's too much that needs changing.
Old 04-16-2024, 03:52 PM   #14
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Honestly I can see where you're coming from but also I feel like the whole "space" part of SF is half the reason barely anyone ever went there, and is a major sticking point that I think needs to go if we're going to bother rewriting the zone. Sci-fi is cool, but it doesn't need to be space, and people have expressed that adventuring in space is just something they don't see their characters doing. Hell, I only adventured there because at the time, the other zones were less appealing. Space is cool, but apparently most people don't want to, or can't see their characters, adventuring there, and I don't think rewriting the zone to some other space station is going to change that.

...Honestly the more I think on this, the more I feel like we should just bin the zone and make a new zone that isn't constrained by being an association of this dumpster fire. There's too much that needs changing.
Hi yes I understand you have a very specific idea on what you want, but that doesn't necessarily reflect on the community as a whole. We've had a good amount of people enter SF as it currently stands, for how smalk the community itself is. Eight people entering a zone within a year is a really good metric for FB. I understand the zone is a mess, we all can agree on this, but there is a very clear basis on what the zone can be and those ideas are workable while still following the theme of "sci-fi space station". There really is no point in pushing for a closure until we at least give Naru a chance to propose her changed version of the zone.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 04:39 PM   #15
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

For the record I am very much interested in having a space-themed Adventure someday, but Adventure slot limits are a thing/I'm saving SF for a potential Legend capture.

(That said I haven't really looked into the Zone itself beyond the "IN SPACE" novelty so Idk.)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #16
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

As mentioned, I have the first draft rewrite that I would like to put forward for community review/opinions. I would like to mention that the "sub-areas" are more there for suggestion if you had something in mind (like you specifically wanted to see the agriculture area) but you are welcome to just explore the general area as well. ALL areas in this are open for renaming as well.

---

Starlight Frontier
The Zone of Exploration

Since the dawn of mankind, people and Pokemon have looked up at the stars and wondered what lies beyond Earth, beyond us. Now, with advancements in science and technology, you can see the vast expanse of space with your own eyes! Welcome to the Space Colony Starlight!

The well respected and renowned scientists at Grey Matter Lab’s Aerospace expansion have created a marvel of both technology and science! A circular space station “hub” with branching spheres for expansion. It was groundbreaking, especially the technology that functioned to make it feel more like life at home. Artificial gravity, an organic feeling day and night rhythm that mimicked that of Earth, and while it’s still a work in progress, the augmented weather systems to mimic the weather and climate of Earth!

Traveling here is simple as can be, and shockingly inexpensive. The Starlight Shuttle launches once a week from New Fizz City [open to other options] and can get you into the station’s life zone in a matter of hours.

Once you’ve arrived, you’re welcome to enter the Starlight Station. Or if that isn’t in your travel portfolio, you’re welcome to explore the Life Zone, maybe look into buying into the colony itself — wonders await you! Come and see for yourself!

Call 1-....-...-1273 to book your shuttle today!
The Base Zone
> please reply in orchid
The pride and joy of the station, as well as the core heart of all the research that happens within the colony itself. Many Fizzytopian scientists do their work in this area, able to go about their own research projects at their own pace, though occasionally these scientists engage together on larger research tasks.
> Medical Bay: Obviously, experimentation and research is never completely free from risks. Especially those involving Pokemon subjects. As such, there is a fully stocked medical bay for both people and Pokemon.
> Aether Labs: Funded by the Aether Corporation in the Alola Region much of the research here has to do with the strange creatures known as ultra beasts and the strange phenomenon known as ultra wormholes.
> Silph Energy Labs: Funded by Silph Co. The Silph energy labs has put its focus into alternative energy and it’s properties. They are currently experimenting with solar and geothermal energy.
> Starlight Labs (Formerly Grey Matter Labs): A massive core hub of research has currently been put into Wishing Pieces and the dens that can be found throughout the region of Fizzytopia and beyond.

The Life Zone
> please reply in mediumaquamarine
As much of the research staff lives on the premises, an industrialized city was built to house the workers. This city is attached via railcar to the space station as a whole and is housed in a large bio-sphere, allowing spectacular views of space from an up close and personal perspective. Much of the agricultural side of things also takes place within the life zone, with various farmers and ranchers having been contracted by Grey Matter Labs to help maintain life in the station and overall space colony. The city holds many commodities and you’re sure to find whatever you hope to see at the space colony.
> Grey Matter Apartments: A large “building blocks” style apartment complex, with rows and rows of apartments where staff of the station live. Sometimes a vacancy will open up and for the low low price of $2,000,000, you could also have your own apartment on the colony!
> Meadowside Lane: Located in a subterranean area within the life zone, this is the primary area for food and agriculture. While visitors are welcomed, it is important that they do not interfere with nature, including the protected Pokemon within the area.

The Storage Zone
> please reply in cornflowerblue
Tucked away at the back of the station is the storage hub. Piles of old and forgotten research litter boxes here, as well as completed manifests of scientist’s entire work history. Strange artifacts from both Fizzytopia and the space beyond are also contained here, in a well-guarded yet viewable gallery.
> The Gallery of Curiosities: Strange artifacts from the areas within Fizzytopia as well as other regions and the space around the station.
> Storage Hell: Feel like making some extra cash? The scientists here could always use someone to sort through all these boxes and files… you might even find some interesting things laying around unused.

The Supply and Maintenance Zone
> please reply in palevioletred
Located furthest from the Life Zone, the maintenance zone hosts a number of supplies for the researchers as well as all the janitorial and maintenance crews. The emergency exits and escape pods are located in this area, and this is also the area where space walks around the station are conducted to ensure that nothing is in need of repair.
> The Core: The core hub of the entire station, everything that makes it function and run. While the core of the space station functions on plasmatic energy, it is prone to overheating depending on the level of research and function around the station. While maintenance crews are present 24/7, sometimes they might ask for the help of a daring trainer to explore their midst. The core runs along the entire bottom of the station itself as well as the Life Zone, it is visible as a bright inferno while riding the railcar and has been described as “feeling like you’re walking on sunshine”.
> The Docks: Filled with small escape pods that will fling passengers back to the planet in the event of an emergency, the docks are also home to some of the core operation material for performing maintenance on the outer reaches of the station. While you’ll have to sign a waiver, this is your best chance at exploring space!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development