Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Meowth Department Store Review

Right then.

Here's the front page, as it stands.

Current plans up for review

TMs
All TMs will be set to a fixed price of $500.

Evolutionary Item Rotation
Yeah... No. Evo items aren't exactly commonly required, they're just going to be available all year.

Patisserie Counter
Opening the Patisserie counter, offering a selection of global delicacies! Pewter Crunchies, Rage Candy Bars, Lava Cookies, Old Gateaus, Casteliacones, Shalour Sable, Lumiose Galettes and Big Masaladas will all be available for $150 a pop! (Priced to match the fundamentally-identical Lum Berry)
[12:10pm 03/06] Possibly add Pokesnacks? Galar food? Maybe a Fizzytopian equivalent? Honey? Cooking ingredients (pending Curry decisions)?
[7:50pm, 04/06] Pokesnacks confirmed, Fizzytopian equivalent will happen, likely decided via public contest. Honey to be added for $100 as and when the mods officially decide it can be used in adventures. Given the lack of a Galar foodstuff, considering proposing that the competition allow for entries for that too, else we just wait on gen 9 to add one.

Held Items
Considering adding more Held Items to the store. Input required.
[9:25pm 02/06] Current preliminary list: Plates, Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, Expert Belt, Consumable Held Items, and Pokemon Exclusive Held Items. Possibly Eviolite, Life Orb, Choice Items and other items of a similar calibre. Possibly Gen 2 Berries?
[7:50pm, 04/06] Suggested prices:
Berry: $100
Burnt Berry: $100
Bitter Berry: $100
Ice Berry: $100
Mint Berry: $100
Poison-Cure Berry: $100
Paralyze-Cure Berry: $100
Mystery Berry: $100
Miracle Berry: $150
Gold Berry: $150
Plates: $500 (same as regular type enhancers)
Consumable Held Items: $100 (same as Power Gems, which fall under the banner)
Pokemon Exclusive Held Items: $500
Miscellaneous Held Items (Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, Expert Belt, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens, Flame Orb, Toxic Orb): $300
Powerful Held Items: (Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Choice Band, Eviolite, Life Orb): $750

Forme change items
[9:25pm 02/06] Forme change items are to become single-use items as opposed to apply-on-purchase.

Codified Sale Prices
[12:10pm 03/06] Items that exist to be sold will have a flat, stated price.

These are the proposals, feedback and any additional proposals would be appreciated.

Last edited by Sneaze; 06-10-2021 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Posticon
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #2
Sneaze
Mrow?

This is all fine to my eyes, so long as we have a proper list of hold items to be added. Do want to bring forward the following.

Oricorio, Rotom, and Costumechu form items should not need applied at purchase and should just become single use items to actually allow for RP opportunity with them.

Mail. Just, the ability to buy a single piece for $5 so people can round out their totals if they want.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:02 AM   #3
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I think having TMs priced at $500 is a great shout, it makes it in line with the move tutor and allows people to flesh out their TM pools without having to do a back alley organ donation.

Held Item rotation is bad and should be removed, yes yes *Namazu Squeak*

For Held Items, I definitely feel that we should have the following items added:

Plates, Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, Expert Belt, Consumable Held Items, and Pokemon Exclusive Held Items. As for stuff like Eviolite, Life Orb, Choice Items, etc. I would be fine with them if they were a higher tiered price.

Going to be agreeing with Sneaze here that the form changers should be a one-time use purchasable, that way it would allow for some better role play opportunity.

I would be fined with individual mail purchases for top-off purposes since they aren't able to be used in cram anyways. Though, maybe some time to deal with an eventual stockpile in the future would be a good idea. But that's something for way down the line.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:54 AM   #4
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I put the Hold Items thing forwards because I didn't really have many ideas of what should be added, and with hope that others would provide ideas. I'll pull up a list of items from Lit's suggestion and bring up some prices to bring it in line with what already exists. That might take some time though, and is likely tomorrow's task.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:03 PM   #5
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

>Patisserie Counter

More competition for Blueberry's Bakery I see =P

In seriousness, I would be interested in purchasing game foods for flavor. Also in favor of Evo Items being available all-year round, and more Hold Items being added.

Bring back Rotom Card Held Items pls *shot*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 03:19 PM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

>TMs being given a flat price across the board

Absolutely 100% behind this. Whenever I'm looking to teach new moves, the question that so often arises is whether it'd be cheaper to buy the TM or teach it in the Move Tutor instead, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of y'all feel the same. Having the price being on par with natural MT moves sounds like it makes sense to me. Also, while we're on the subject of TMs, this could perhaps be the opportunity to add some of the missing TMs to the Department Store? Off the top of my head, TM Scary Face and TM Megahorn have been absent from the Department Store.

>Scrapping the evolution item rotation

I'm cool with this. That always seemed to add onto the whole artificial rarity deal that we seem to be trying to drift away from. In addition, this would be an opportunity to tack the Chipped Pot onto the list of available items there- we've seen from the Cram-O-Shop that that's now a thing in FB, which surprised me since last I heard, FB didn't recognize Sinistea and Polteageist's alternate forms.

>Patisserie Counter

I like this idea. I wouldn't mind buying various items like these, since my Trainer characters are all from different regions- it'd be good flavor.

>Held items

Mega Stones and Z-Crystals Actually, one weird idea I had was maybe the Gen 2 berries. Like, Berry, Gold Berry, PsnCureBerry, that sort of thing. Whether they'd be viable for anything other than basically copies of their Gen 3 counterparts, I don't know (though I'd absolutely love to discuss such a thing!). I do like the idea of maybe doing something with them, and I know sprites for them don't exist yet, but making such sprites has always been something I've wanted to attempt in any case. Other than that, though, nothing comes to mind.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:26 PM   #7
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

OP has been updated to reflect suggestions and keep track of stuff.

As for gen 2 berries, I can't see why not tbh. They're very much a non-entity.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #8
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

I'm behind this, all of it what's been proposed so far, ALSO I'd love to have TMs that are uniquely or formerly old TMs such as Nightmare n what not that aren't a TM anymore
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 05:03 PM   #9
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
I'm behind this, all of it what's been proposed so far, ALSO I'd love to have TMs that are uniquely or formerly old TMs such as Nightmare n what not that aren't a TM anymore
I mean the TM list is "Everything that has been a TM at some point" already. It might not have been updated for gen 8, idr, but it definitely has all of them Nightmare specifically is still there.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:50 PM   #10
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I'm pretty fine with all of this, yeah
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:43 PM   #11
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quick idea before I go to bed- Poké Snacks. Orre doesn't really have a regional delicacy like Lava Cookies or the like, but they do have Poké Snacks. Those are those wedges of food you put out at Poké Spots to lure in wild Pokémon. I'm thinking we could add that here, give it the same status healing effect for consistency, and also allow it to maybe be used in zones to a similar effect to Honey or Sweet Scent. Would be glad to make a sprite for it as well once I get home from work tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:49 PM   #12
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I'm not sure about PokeSnacks, just because they seem more or less identical to Honey anyway. Although I'd love to have Honey's Sweet Scent effect codified and would not be opposed to it being sold.

Speaking of selling, I should also bring up that some people have sellable items, from vendor trash like Rare Bones and (currently) Honey, to things like unwanted Gems/type items/etc, and having an established way to trade them in for cash at the Dept Store is probably a good idea (Edit: or at the PokeBank I suppose, whichever is best)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:08 AM   #13
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Oh right yeah that was supposed to be in there, completely slipped.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:13 AM   #14
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Quick idea before I go to bed- Poké Snacks. Orre doesn't really have a regional delicacy like Lava Cookies or the like, but they do have Poké Snacks. Those are those wedges of food you put out at Poké Spots to lure in wild Pokémon. I'm thinking we could add that here, give it the same status healing effect for consistency, and also allow it to maybe be used in zones to a similar effect to Honey or Sweet Scent. Would be glad to make a sprite for it as well once I get home from work tomorrow.
PokeSnacks would be interesting, but ultimately if we're adding in an Orre rep we'd need to look at snacks across other regions that don't have one as of yet, specifically Galar and Fizzytopia. It'll need admin approval to dig that deep but I don't see a reason why we shouldn't. Alternatively, we could just sell Honey and stick it with that. Depending on what happens with Curry cooking, there might end up being an ingredients shelf added.

OP is updated with suggestions.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:29 AM   #15
Lil'twick
Insanity

Re: Honey.

Honey's only use atm is being sold/claimed for $200. Was one of those unwritten rules (the mods are currently working on compiling those things and updating the rules post). Yeah, not even able to be used for its intended in-game purpose.

I am with Slash on this one though; I rather not have varients of Honey, especially when an ability like Honey Gather is a thing. I am fine with Poke Snacks being added, as well as items for both Galar and Fizzytopia. I don't think we actually have an original FB item for this... Hmm, I think that would make a fun item contest!

Codifying sellable item prices is something that definitely needs to be done, to go back to what I first said. I rather not someone get a Big Nugget and sell it for $20000 ngl, but if they get one I would still like to see them get a fair price for it.

As for an ingredients shelf, I rather wait for curry before we decide on that.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-03-2021, 12:14 PM   #16
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Just posting to say I approve

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:41 PM   #17
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Re: Honey.

Honey's only use atm is being sold/claimed for $200. Was one of those unwritten rules (the mods are currently working on compiling those things and updating the rules post). Yeah, not even able to be used for its intended in-game purpose.

I am with Slash on this one though; I rather not have varients of Honey, especially when an ability like Honey Gather is a thing. I am fine with Poke Snacks being added, as well as items for both Galar and Fizzytopia. I don't think we actually have an original FB item for this... Hmm, I think that would make a fun item contest!

Codifying sellable item prices is something that definitely needs to be done, to go back to what I first said. I rather not someone get a Big Nugget and sell it for $20000 ngl, but if they get one I would still like to see them get a fair price for it.

As for an ingredients shelf, I rather wait for curry before we decide on that.
Ingredients shelf was entirely waiting on "what's happening with curry", it's more just something to get it out of head and onto paper.

Honey variants, understandable. Honey itself can and should absolutely be updated to make it more than just a sellable. There's invariably role-play uses for it and as and when cooking gets off the ground, it's also probably going to get used there along with berries. There's a lot that can be done with Honey and I'm honestly all for making it a real item of its own.

As for Pokesnacks et al, should be fine. No item exists for either Galar's equivalent or a Fizzby one, so I was aiming to throw at least the fizzby one to a contest, if not the Galar one too.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:01 PM   #18
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Now, when I posted that idea last night, had no idea that Honey couldn't be used in FB like it could in the games. That bit was somewhat of an afterthought on my part- the main thing was the notion that the Poké Snack could be reworked into the Orre equivalent of the Lava Cookie/Rage Candy Bar/etc., since, well, it's a food item you can only get in Orre. Would be all for a contest for the Fizzytopia one, I'm sure I could come up with something- that's yet another character of mine whose home region doesn't have a regional delicacy.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:18 AM   #19
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Yeah I think we can be agreed on Pokesnacks as the Orre delicacy, and a contest for the Fizzytopian one was the original intention. The main question is that Galar hasn't got one, do we make one or wait on gen 9?

Honey, waiting on an official mod statement but I'm probably going to add it in for use in multivarious RP scenarios. Official sale price is $100 ingame so I'm just going to reuse that price, it's about right.

Items that exist to be sold. The ingame sale prices are as follows, proposing as a baseline and then tweaked if necessary:
Tiny Mushroom: $250
Pretty Feather: $500
Stardust: $1k
Pearl: $1k
Strange Souvenir: $1.5k
Big Mushroom: $2.5k
Rare Bone: $2.5k
Big Pearl: $4k
Star Piece: $4.9k
Nugget: $5k
Balm Mushroom: $7.5k
Comet Shard: $12.5k
Big Nugget: $20k

Plus the Relic items (might pop up at some point):
Relic Copper: $1k
Relic Silver: $5k
Relic Gold: $30k
Relic Vase: $50k
Relic Band: $100k
Relic Statue: $200k
Relic Crown: $300k

I can see an argument for lowering some of the higher end stuff, but honestly I'd be inclined to leave the main portion as is and trust updaters to hand out adequate rewards. Relics, they're going to need adjusting, especially towards the upper end. Obviously they're not going to be handed out willy-nilly and most of them are just so they're there, but it's still worth having the artifacts listed.

Relic Copper: $1k
Relic Silver: $3k
Relic Gold: $5k
Relic Vase: $10k
Relic Band: $20k
Relic Statue: $50k
Relic Crown: $100k

Restoration taxes certainly are a pain, hmm?

Held Items. Given the lack of recent input, going to reiterate the current list and expand that to include all items and their pricings:

Plates: $500 (same as regular type enhancers)
Consumable Held Items: $100 (same as Power Gems, which fall under the banner)
Pokemon Exclusive Held Items: $500
Miscellaneous Held Items (Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, Expert Belt, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens, Flame Orb, Toxic Orb): $300
Powerful Held Items: (Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Choice Band, Eviolite, Life Orb): $750

Feel free to suggest alterations or additional items to add.

Changes to TM pricings, forme change items becoming single use rather than apply-in-purchase and the removal of the evolutionary item rota will go into effect shortly, so long as there are no objections.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:07 AM   #20
Lil'twick
Insanity

On mobile atm but uh *stares at 118 items in the held item list in Cram* will be addressing that with an edit.

Honey has been brought up and will be discused. For the valuable items I rather see an initial tweek. Eill ptobs throw my thoughts on a list together once I am.off mobile.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-04-2021, 12:40 PM   #21
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Adding to the mention of possibly adding Gen 2 berries, I did make animated sprites of them, posted them on Discord, but would be glad to post them here as well once I'm home from work.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:40 PM   #22
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Held items, I'm kind of at a loss because frankly I forget most of them.

Gen 2 berries, good point I mildly forgot those. Proposed prices are:

Prices are identical to gen 3+ counterparts. Gold Berry doesn't really have a counterpart so I mapped it to Sitrus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Changes to TM pricings, forme change items becoming single use rather than apply-in-purchase and the removal of the evolutionary item rota will go into effect shortly, so long as there are no objections.
For the record, if there's no objections I'll be pushing this to live on rollover.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:55 PM   #23
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Held items, I'm kind of at a loss because frankly I forget most of them.

Gen 2 berries, good point I mildly forgot those. Proposed prices are:

Prices are identical to gen 3+ counterparts. Gold Berry doesn't really have a counterpart so I mapped it to Sitrus.

For the record, if there's no objections I'll be pushing this to live on rollover.
No objections to any of the above, if you need a listing of held Items, give me a hot moment and I'll have a list. I already threw a document together of every TM that has ever been from each generation and I am already working on animating and making sprites for other items so it wouldn't be that hard for me to filter to held items that your missing.

I've been dying to give Relic items when I updated a lot more in AC, so I wouldn't be against having them be available to sell

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:02 PM   #24
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

TM listings, I already have, I did it the other month along with MT moves. The docs are pinned in the discord.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:45 PM   #25
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gold Berry's equivalent actually is Sitrus- back in Gen 3, Sitrus Berry healed 30 HP, same as the Gold Berry- so good call there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development