UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 11-08-2021, 08:45 AM   #1
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Loch Bygone Raid Battle 14: vs Gigantamax Sandaconda!

Gigantamax Raid Boss Sandaconda
★★★★★

Health gauge: 100%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Challengers

Zorchic, Buizel: 500 HP {Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)}
Connor, Chikorita: 500 HP {Bunny Suit(Action: Avoid Ground moves, +25% healing move effect)}
Missingno. Master, Crobat: 600 HP {Icium-Z}
Lil'twick, Togetic: 600 HP {Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)}
CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 500 HP
grassyglide, Decidueye: 600 HP {Grassium-Z}
lilboocorsola, Spheal: 500 HP {Sea Incense (+20% to Water moves)}
myahoo, Wingull: 500 HP {Nevermeltice (+20% to Ice moves)}

The group arrives on the scene facing off against the massive sandy serpent as it gives a warning hiss, as a swirl of sand behind them cuts them off from the outside, the sandnado forming walls of an arena as the Sandaconda sizes up its opposition. As it gives a challenging rasp, Buizel finds himself feeling a surge of energy, as the swirling arena appears to be singing something eerily fitting...

Dynamax Initiative: Zorchic, Buizel.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Wednesday, 10th November to place your order.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:52 AM   #2
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

*Leo roars back at the hissing sand snek to show who's real king cobra before setting up an AQUA RING (0 BP)*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:12 AM   #3
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Focus Energy (0 BP)

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:43 AM   #4
Connor
Flashbacker

Reflect (0 BP)
Old 11-08-2021, 09:56 AM   #5
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Nasty Plot (0BP)
Old 11-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #6
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Here's a Whirlpool (35 BP) for the spinning snake!
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:51 PM   #7
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

let's Glare (0 BP, paralyze) this snake guy

Last edited by CrazyCreeperKid; 11-08-2021 at 04:00 PM.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 04:02 PM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As has been the case so many times before, the Gigantamaxed Pokémon they were up against was even larger up close than it appeared at a distance. It was, of course, to be expected when Gigantamaxed Pokémon were, as a whole, well, gigantic. It was kinda right there in the name, after all. Nevertheless, as Keith and Willa Masters arrived at the Loch Bygone Pokémon Gym, they found themselves struck anew by the sheer size of their opponent. They'd faced off against a Sandaconda once before, during a family vacation in the Galar region, but that was just a normal Sandaconda, if decidedly pissed off- this sucker was Gigantamaxed and on the rampage.

"I suppose you weren't considering Pepper and Spray for this one?" Willa asked almost unnecessarily.

"Not for a second," Keith shook his head. "Not that I don't have faith in them, but..." He glanced around at the other gathered Trainers. "...Neutralizing Gas would screw over anyone who's coming in relying on their Pokémon's Ability," he stated. "I wouldn't do that."

Willa nodded. "A valid point," she concurred.

Keith nodded back, and then threw the Poké Ball he'd been carrying. "Let's go, Hedwig!" he declared.

The ball split open, and Keith's Crobat emerged in a flash of light. Flapping her four wings with her signature silence, Hedwig hovered before them, glaring up at the Gigantamaxed Sandaconda, thoroughly unimpressed by size alone. "Cro," she uttered softly.

"So how do you want to go about this?" Willa asked. "Hydro Pump? Water Pulse to potentially confuse it? Perhaps..." she trailed off, glancing at Keith's right wrist- rather than the Dynamax Band Keith usually wore to these raids, he instead was wearing his usual Z-Ring, and what was more, the Z-Crystal currently set into it was one of the ones belonging to Keith's wife- the couple had begun to share their Z-Crystals some time ago, each allowing the other unlimited access to the Z-Crystals they called their own. This in particular was an Icium Z, one that initially belonged to Keith, but had since been given to Willa, though today, Keith was looking to tap into its power once again...

...but not right now. Keith shook his head. "Definitely not that just yet," he chuckled. "No..." He couldn't help but notice a rather distinctive Serperior some distance away- the Serperior in question had different coloration than usual, one which brought to mind the Deino evolution family, and sure enough, they recognized the Trainer as Danny Daybreak, a Trainer Keith had battled in Sludge Wave Coast one day. The Serperior was currently fixing its fellow serpent with a piercing Glare. "...I like where you're going with Water Pulse," he murmured to Willa. "But I think I can take that even further."

"...Ah," Willa responded with the slightest of devious smirks. "So, you're thinking...?"

"I am indeed," Keith nodded slowly. "Now, Hedwig- Confuse Ray!" he commanded.

"Cro! Bat!" Hedwig responded, eyes glowing as she let loose a ray of light that would throw Sandaconda into a fit of confusion. When one combines that with the paralysis from Glare, Sandaconda might not even get to attack in retaliation.

OOC: Hedwig used Confuse Ray (0 BP)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11-08-2021 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 06:41 PM   #9
myahoo
Soul Badge

Blizzard (110 BP, Nevermeltice)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #10
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.

★★★★★

Health gauge: 96%
Shields Up: 0
Status: Att +1, Def +1, Paralyzed, Whirlpool (4 Turns Remaining), Sandstorm (4 Turns Remaining).

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Coil (0 BP)

Sandaconda is confused!
Sandaconda used Coil!
Sandaconda's attack, defence and accuracy rose!

Attack 2: G-Max Sandblast (130 BP)

Sandaconda snapped out of confusion!

CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 368 HP
It doesn't affect Wingull!
Connor, Chikorita: 368 HP
lilboocorsola, Spheal: 324 HP

The opposing pokemon were trapped in swirling sand!

Attack 3: Glare (0 BP)

Spheal was paralyzed!

The pokemon were buffeted by the sandstorm!
The pokemon were hurt by Sand Tomb!

Raid Challengers

Reflect (4 Turns Remaining)

Zorchic, Buizel: 469 HP {Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)}
Connor, Chikorita: 274 HP (Sand Tomb (4 Turns Remaining)) {Bunny Suit(Action: Avoid Ground moves, +25% healing move effect)}
Missingno. Master, Crobat: 562 HP {Icium-Z}
Lil'twick, Togetic: 562 HP (Focused){Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)}
CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 274 HP (Sand Tomb (4 Turns Remaining)
grassyglide, Decidueye: 562 HP (Sp. Att +2){Grassium-Z}
lilboocorsola, Spheal: 261 HP (Paralyzed, Aqua Ring, Sand Tomb (4 Turns Remaining) {Sea Incense (+20% to Water moves)}
myahoo, Wingull: 469 HP {Nevermeltice (+20% to Ice moves)}

As the battle begins, the group begins to set up their bulwark for the oncoming storm, with Spheal choosing to cloak himself in an aquatic ring and Chikorita erecting a shimmering wall, which causes the Sandaconda to hiss in anger. Togetic and Decidueye opt to amplify their offensive prowess, the Togetic in particular spotting every one of the raid boss's most vulnerable points, before Buizel opts to use the tried and trusted Raid Battler's Tool: a trapping move.

Sandaconda promptly sneers as the whirlpool lands, and immediately responds by intensifying the walls of the arena, causing them to converge upon the raiders, engulfing them in a sudden sandstorm! As the pokemon suddenly find themselves in the thick of it, literally, Serperior and Crobat work together to both paralyze and confuse the raid boss as a howling blizzard from Wingull lands the first noticable blow of the encounter. Stuck in the throes of the dreaded parafusion and a raging damage over time effect, the pokemon should be a sitting duck, right?

Alas, the raiders don't realise that the boss has been biding its time, and fighting through both physical and mental addlement, the snake coils into itself, boosting its physical stats to attempt to break through the defensive bulwark of the raiders, before peeking out from its tornadoesque coils, its mind clear! It seems that fate rolled poorly on the raiders with a very brief bout of confusion that did little, and the boss responds by demonstrating what makes it Gigantamaxed, by blowing forth a massive blast of sand down upon them! While Wingull narrowly escapes by diving out of the way, the land-based pokemon aren't so lucky, with Serperior, Chikorita and Spheal taking a thankfully reduced hit, the reflective barrier holding up, yet the three of them find themselves equally wrapped up in a sandy squall, the prospect of trapping pokemon biting them in the arse as the shoe ends on the other foot. Worse, Spheal's lack of mobility stems from it looking at the death stare of the boss, paralyzing it in the same fashion as the now glowing grass snake, as the raging sands begin to slowly erode the raiders and their health...

Dynamax Initiative: CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Saturday, 14th November to place your order.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:32 PM   #11
Lil'twick
Insanity

Hello yes I am here to commit divine war crimes. Hurricane (110 BP, Super Luck, Focused)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 11-11-2021 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-11-2021, 04:34 PM   #12
Connor
Flashbacker

Heal Pulse (0 BP) on Serperior.
Old 11-11-2021, 06:32 PM   #13
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Seed Flare (120BP)
Old 11-11-2021, 11:57 PM   #14
myahoo
Soul Badge

Blizzard (110 BP, Nevermeltice) again!
Old 11-12-2021, 02:40 PM   #15
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

You think you can stare down a king? Let's bounce back with a BOUNCY BUBBLE (90 BP) (Boosted by Sea Incense)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 06:35 PM   #16
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Buizel, let's pop that sand sack with a Bouncy Bubble (90 BP, user drains 50% of damage dealt to restore HP)!
Old 11-12-2021, 06:40 PM   #17
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Masterses braced themselves. This might have been their first experience up against a Gigantamax Sandaconda specifically, but it was not their first encounter with the Sandaconda species, and so, as Jake's Buizel went in for a Whirlpool, they knew what was coming. And sure enough, the impact of the move resulted in a brutal sandstorm whipping up all over the place.

"Gah!" Keith grunted. "I knew it, this thing has Sand Spit!"

"After our encounter with a Sandaconda back in Hulbury, I'm hardly surprised, "Willa remarked. "I couldn't even speak as to whether Sandaconda can even have an Ability other than this... Are you both all right?" she asked Keith and Meowth.

"Yeah, we're good over here," Keith confirmed. "You?"

"None too comfortable, but that's to be expected under the circumstances. By and large, I am fine," Willa stated in response.

"Gaaah, I hate sand almost half as much as I hate water," Meowth grumbled.

"Then be glad it's not raining," Keith quipped. "In all seriousness, though, you doing OK?" he added.

"Ehh, don't worry about me-owth," purred Meowth. "I can handle a little sandstorm."

"Good," Keith nodded. "Because this ain't going away anytime soon."

"Heh?" Meowth asked in mild shock.

"Well, yeah, it has Sand Spit," Keith responded.

"Every time Sandaconda takes a hit while there's not already a sandstorm going, it starts one up," Willa said with a small smirk.

"Every. Single. Time," Keith concluded.

"...I may have previously misspoke," Meowth whimpered.

"Oh, don't worry, Meowth," Keith chuckled. "We'll make this quick and you know it."

"...yeah, true," conceded Meowth. "So can youse make wit the attackin' already?" he asked.

"Heh, sounds like a plan," Keith nodded. He turned back to the battle, able to see his Crobat amid the whirling sand. "Hedwig, you holding up out there?" he asked.

"Cro! Bat!" Hedwig called back affirmatively.

"Good," Keith nodded. He noted, with some dismay, that Sandaconda had shaken off the confusion, and before it had even finished its volley of attacks for this round. He also noted that Sandaconda had launched, instead of Max Quake, a technique that had to be its G-Max Move. "Whoa," he remarked as he saw all the more sand swirling around some of their allies. Willa took out her Pokédex.

"G-Max Sandblast- Gigantamax Sandaconda's special attack," droned the device. "Gigantamax Sandaconda's Ground moves become this instead of Max Quake. A powerful technique that traps multiple enemies in a Sand Tomb for some time afterwards."

"Admittedly impressive," Willa said.

"Indeed," Keith agreed. "But right now, we have a chance to fight back, and I say we don't squander it! So Hedwig, use Hydro Pump now!" he commanded.

"CROOOOBAT!" Hedwig exclaimed, letting loose a high-pressure jet of water from her mouth. Keith would've honestly loved to be able to have set up Rain Dance beforehand, but considering Sandaconda's Ability, this... was not practical in the slightest. So he'd take this, at least, for certain- one way or another, Hedwig was gonna land a hard hit on this thing.

OOC: Hedwig used Hydro Pump (110 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11-15-2021 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #18
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Enough standing there menacingly, let's do this. (Leaf Storm, 120 BP, +2 SpA due to Contrary, snake on snake crime)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 11:06 AM   #19
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

★★★★★

Health gauge: 72%
Shields Up: 9
Status: Def +1, Whirlpool (3 Turns Remaining), Sandstorm (3 Turns Remaining).
KO Count: 1.

Trainer Recovery Summary

Connor, Chikorita: Heal Pulse

CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 500 HP

Zorchic, Buizel: Bouncy Bubble

Zorchic, Buizel: 500 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Max Shockwave (0 BP)

Sandaconda cleared all buffs, debuffs, reset abilities and suppressed raiders' abilities!
The raiders' Reflect wore off!

Attack 2: Skull Bash (130 BP)

Sandaconda's defence rose!
Missingno. Master, Crobat: 406 HP

Attack 3: Earthquake (100 BP)

Connor, Chikorita: 139 HP
Zorchic, Buizel: 320 HP
It doesn't affect Wingull!
lilboocorsola, Spheal: 81 HP

The pokemon were buffeted by the sandstorm!
The pokemon were hurt by Sand Tomb!

Raid Challengers

Zorchic, Buizel: 289 HP {Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)}
Connor, Chikorita: 45 HP (Sand Tomb (3 Turns Remaining)) {Bunny Suit(Action: Avoid Ground moves, +25% healing move effect)}
Missingno. Master, Crobat: 368 HP {Icium-Z}
Lil'twick, Togetic: 524 HP {Eviolite (+1 Defences if NFE)}
CrazyCreeperKid, Serperior: 406 HP (Sand Tomb (3 Turns Remaining)
grassyglide, Decidueye: 524 HP {Grassium-Z}
lilboocorsola, Spheal: 0 HP [Must wait 1 Round to recover] {Sea Incense (+20% to Water moves)}
myahoo, Wingull: 438 HP {Nevermeltice (+20% to Ice moves)}

After a first round of setup the raiders seek to start the offensive, with a critical Hurricane courtesy of Togetic smarting, but not doing too much. Chikorita remains solely on the support, undoing all the damage to Serperior with a Heal Pulse, which leaves the Gigantamax boss seething, until the Decidueye smashes into it with a Seed Flare, the legendary move's special effect leaving the boss completely open as it experiences a massive drop in its special defence, which is exploited by literally everything. Spheal however cries out as the paralysis leaves it unable to move, but ultimately the boss is forced to its first set of shimmering shields, and as the raiders feel comfortable behind their barrier, the Sandaconda has by now had enough of the battlers. Disgusted with the use of exceedingly rare and powerful moves and the overuse of recovery on top of lingering paralysis, Sandaconda shrieks.

An incredibly powerful shockwave rips through the field, the Reflective barrier disintegrating under the impact as the boss rids itself of the paralysis and special defence drop, and Spheal looks worried as its aqua ring drops to the soil and is soaked up by the sands as all beneficial effects on the raiders disappear. The serpent then tilts its body before slamming forth like a boxing glove on a spring to sock Crobat with a meaty Skull Bash, before finishing up by striking the earth and causing a great earthquake to rattle its foes. Once again, Wingull is targeted and avoids the impact, though its terrestrial allies are not as fortunate, with Chikorita being brought fairly low and Buizel and Spheal vulnerable, taking hard hits. As the whirlpool rages around the boss, so too does the swirdling sands and as Chikorita is left on the verge of collapse, the lingering effects of the Gigantamax move and raging sandstorm rob the orblike water type of its last vestiges of energy as the Spheal collapses with a pitiful wail, and sandaconda leers from behind its shields as dynamax initiative falls onto the heavily wounded Chikorita, who is barely hanging on.

Dynamax Initiative: Connor, Chikorita.

• You have until Tuesday, 16th November to place your order.
Old 11-14-2021, 06:36 PM   #20
myahoo
Soul Badge

Ominous Wind (60 BP)
Old 11-15-2021, 11:09 AM   #21
Connor
Flashbacker

I'M STILL STANDING

Seed Flare (120 BP)
Old 11-15-2021, 11:25 AM   #22
Lil'twick
Insanity

Let's dust off sime sand with a Fairy Wind (40 BP)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 11-15-2021, 03:56 PM   #23
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As the last forceful hit slammed into Sandaconda, a gigantic, shimmering shield materialized before it, visible even through the swirling sandstorm. Keith gritted his teeth as he glanced around. The Chikorita's Trainer seemed to be the next to have the chance to Dynamax, but the Chikorita itself was not looking all that good at the moment, and while the Spheal had been knocked out, Jessica seemed torn between chipping away at the shield and healing aforementioned Chikorita. Keith looked back at the shield, then at the Z-Ring on his wrist, and then back up, this time at his Crobat.

"What is it?" Willa asked.

"...I think I know what we gotta do this time," Keith murmured. "I hate how good of an idea this is, too... I really prefer to use 'em for the really big damage, but..."

"...but a Z-Move would enable Hedwig to destroy more of that shield than she'd normally be able to," Willa finished, nodding.

"Cro?!" scoffed Hedwig. Keith silently sighed- Hedwig had heard Willa just now. The Crobat wheeled around, fixing Willa with a look of disgusted disbelief before turning to Keith expectantly.

"OK, Hedwig, first off, I don't ever want to see you give Willa that kind of look ever again," Keith said sternly. "Now listen to me, and listen well. There is merit to what she says-"

"CROBAT!?" Hedwig interjected incredulously.

"-and while I agree that that would be a strategically sound move," Keith continued, determinedly speaking over his Crobat's outburst, "I also know it is not the only strategically sound move." He paused, but Hedwig did not continue. She stared Keith dead in the eyes intently, and he met her gaze unflinchingly. "I want to get something straight right now," Keith said. "I don't want us to use our Z-Move here. I stand by the notion that it's a strategically sound option- Z-Moves break apart more of those shields than regular attacks, the same as with Max Moves. But Max Moves, whoever gets to Dynamax gets three of them to work with, and they're not quite on the same level of power as a Z-Move. So, no. I don't want to do that. I will if it's necessary, but I don't think that's the case here. Annoying sandstorm notwithstanding, we're holding our own fairly well against this thing, wouldn't you say?"

"...Cro bat," Hedwig responded with a small nod.

Keith smiled. "So I'm thinking we save the Z-Move for later, yeah? Save it for when it's gonna hit Sandaconda directly, for when we can use it to show that overgrown shoelace exactly what kind of power it's up against."

Willa approached them. "Hedwig," she said. "I am inclined to agree with Keith here, for the record. A Z-Move coming from you is worth far more than breaking that barrier just a little quicker than would normally be possible." She stopped, for Hedwig was pretending to not notice her.

"Hey!" Keith said sharply, catching his Crobat's attention. "You will listen to Willa. She is every bit as skilled a Trainer as I am, if not more, and if I am deserving of your respect, then so is she." He put an arm around his wife as he spoke. "In fact, you know what? Willa, you give Hedwig the command this time," he suggested.

"...Bat," Hedwig said flatly.

"I'm not asking you to let her take over for the rest of the battle. At least, not this time," said Keith. "One order. One command, you do it. And if it doesn't work out for you, then by all means, make sure I'm aware of that. But you follow that command to the letter, as though it was from me, and that is a direct order. Do I make myself plain?"

"...Crobat," conceded Hedwig, turning back to face the Gigantamax Sandaconda, narrowing her eyes once more as she looked over at that stupid shield that even her Infiltrator couldn't, well, infiltrate.

"...are you certain about this?" Willa asked Keith quietly.

Keith nodded. "I am," he said. "It's high time Hedwig showed you the same respect she shows me."

Willa nodded again. She was not completely certain this would work- Hedwig never listened to her!- but at the same time, she knew she had to keep trying. She took a deep breath and gestured forward. "Hedwig, use Ominous Wind!" she commanded.

OOC: Hedwig used Ominous Wind (60 BP).
Old 11-15-2021, 04:15 PM   #24
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

joining Chikorita with a Seed Flare (120BP) of our own.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #25
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Life Dew (0 BP) it is!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League