UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 09-01-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Snorlax Curry Cooking

So, just gonna start the discussion off with listing some bullet points people have brought up:

-a way to increase Bond with Pokémon
-a way to increase Contest stats
-possible Secret Base feature?

A rough idea of how I can see it working is this:

-player selects a key ingredient as a base (for free? if just for aesthetic purposes)
-can then add up to five(?) Berries
-flavor depends on most predominant type of Berry added, or randomly selected out of types added if all different flavors
-Contest stat gain will be the combined total of values towards that flavor based on Bulbapedia's listing, maxing out at 100
-Bond gain will always start at +1 no matter the type of Curry
-if more than one player participates by each contributing a Berry(s), Bond gain will be an additional +1 for each extra person (max +5 Bond), and all parties will receive a copy of the same Curry
-Curry can only be fed to one Pokémon
-if player chooses to RP, Bond can also be collected for posts of 250 words or more

Suggestions/feedback are appreciated~
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post

-if more than one player participates by each contributing a Berry(s), Bond gain will be an additional +1 for each extra person (max +5 Bond), and all parties will receive a copy of the same Curry
-Curry can only be fed to one Pokémon
-if player chooses to RP, Bond can also be collected for posts of 250 words or more
To expand on this a little, maybe there could be large-scale curry cookouts where a bunch of players can come together and cook together (RP would be required?). Rather than just one Pokemon gaining benefits from the cooking, large group curry cooking could feed up to a whole party, however, they have to be brought to the cook-out.

I could also see curry competitons where the players compete in teams to make the best curry (what is "best" could be decided by judges; it could be best-tasting, fits a given theme the best, etc.), deciding among themselves on a key ingredient(s) and flavor for the curry.

Another team curry activity I thought of are curry "raids." Essentially, each player and their Pokemon contribute a curry ingredient (or maybe even a whole curry) to feed an extremely hungry rampaging Pokemon. Once the Pokemon is satisfied and full, the "raid" ends and the players would be rewarded. Different curries would have different effects, and would also have varying effectiveness depending on the Pokemon (ex: Smoked-Tail curry couldn't be fed to Slowpoke and its evolutions).

Last edited by SpinyShell; 09-01-2020 at 06:49 PM.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:41 PM   #3
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Are you saying that a Slowpoke isn't dumb enough to enjoy eating it's own tail? The description also does imply they fall off and regrow.

"One of the many ingredients that can be used for cooking at your camp. When a Slowpoke's tail falls off, it grows back quickly."

I can totally see a Slowpoke wandering around and eating it's own fallen-off tail without realizing it. They are dumber than rocks.

Oh, right. I do need to add something useful to the discussion.

When it comes to multiple people having a cookout, maybe each person just gets more Curry they can use on their team- but the same Pokemon can't have more than one serving of course. EDIT: reread proposal post, each serving gives a Pokemon +1 Bond and +a portion of the Contest Stats the entire Curry batch had. Giving all the Curry to one Pokemon gives all the Bond gain possible from that Curry and all the Contest Stats that were in it.

Keep in mind that this is intended to be a berry dump. If the GMs/Shop Owner wishes to add extra fluff to the cooking (it's a bake off, farmer's market, camping on a trail, etc). Maybe the setting for the cooking could change once a month or something- but it's a default setting to give context to whatever short RP blurbs people want to put up.

Alternatively or in addition: just let people RP whatever setting they want if they really want to. I see this more applying to people who are cooking as a group/cooking at a secret base. If cooking at a secret base, then still post in the "Curry Shop" the barebone details of what you're doing, but link to the applicable RP post as well (and you can get Bond for it still). This is simply so that verification of berries and stuff is easier for whoever ends up running the Curry Shop.

However, I feel that big cooking-related events ("CURRY RAID: FEED THE GIGANTAMAX SNORLAX!!!" or "Overdramatic Cooking Anime: FB Edition") should be their own separate thing. The latter idea could just be a setting for a group cooking activity- but the cooking contest would have no actual prizes attached to it since it's just fluff! Unless it's an actual event- which I would like to see for some kind of Thanksgiving/"Winter Festival" thing to be honest. (Though Thanksgiving is an American thing... so I dunno.)

Last edited by ChrisClark13; 09-01-2020 at 07:55 PM.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #4
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13 View Post
Keep in mind that this is intended to be a berry dump.
Yeah, I kinda forgot about that when I made my post. Sorry.
Quote:
(Though Thanksgiving is an American thing... so I dunno.)
This is tangential to the discussion, but a few other countries also celebrate Thanksgiving, such as Liberia and Canada, although on different days (Canada's is around two months earlier than the US's celebration IIRC).
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #5
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

While mini-events would be a cute prospect, I'd like to get a baseline for how the system actually functions first before considering extra features. I tried to design the structure in a way that balances both fairness and ease for the SO to calculate results. Do people agree with this kind of input-output arrangement or do the numbers need to be tweaked?
Old 09-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #6
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Double-post sorry, but what do people think about Curry granting Levels? Since in the game Camping does also give a little experience. Maybe there can be an option to choose between Contest stat boosts and Levels for people who prefer one or the other?

This is totally not me looking for another avenue my shop-eschewing Petilil will allow to let her Level Up *shot*
Old 09-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #7
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

I do have a couple comments on how the rewards for cooking should work, just been too busy to get them up.

All the values on the Bulbapedia are 10, 15, 20- etc. How that does break down to the actual stat gains? If I dumb 5 Cheri berries in do I get 50 Coolness back out? I believe that the max in-game value for Contest Stats is 255, but what's the limit in FB though?

In any case, I feel like dividing the values that berries have by 5 (10 Coolness instead) when all put together probably makes a little more sense? Though to be fair I have little idea what I'm doing when trying to think of numbers that "feel good". I have no idea what the stat gains for the previous ways to gain Contest Stats were either.

(I'm going to assume that whether or not Contests are coming back doesn't matter for this conversation right now.)

The other thing I want to say I did mention earlier: What do you think of the idea of having extra people participate in the same Curry creates more servings as a result and each serving can be given to a different Pokemon for +1 Bond and a portion of the stat gains? It's a bit more flexible, but might also serve to over complicate things. The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure about the idea. I just think it would be a way to involve more Pokemon- but can all the Pokemon that were involved also get a RP Bond point?
Old 09-04-2020, 11:03 AM   #8
Emp
Volcano Badge

My main thoughts on curry making are that it should be part of a wider camping feature, or at least a shop presented in a camping setting with roleplay optional. Everything from the curry ingredients to the cooking methods are evocative of a camp cookup.

I like the idea of a camping thread similar to the old free-RP areas but I worry that could detract from zone activity, which is why these types of areas were phased out in the first place. Camping is pretty much the closest thing Sw/Sh has to secret bases so it might make things simpler to incorporate into that section of the game as an alternative to a shop, although perhaps it's better they stand alone.

And finally, while I know contest stats matter to some members they don’t to many others, which is fair enough since they have been a redundant metric for over a decade now. I’m not sure if curry should raise contest stats since there’s no in-game precedent or need in FB either as it stands, unless contests are eventually revived.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 09-04-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:16 AM   #9
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
All the values on the Bulbapedia are 10, 15, 20- etc. How that does break down to the actual stat gains? If I dumb 5 Cheri berries in do I get 50 Coolness back out? I believe that the max in-game value for Contest Stats is 255, but what's the limit in FB though?
I left the values as is according to Bulbapedia for now to keep it simple, so yeah 5 Cheri Berries would equal 50 Coolness. Max Contest Stats in FB have traditionally capped at 100.

Quote:
In any case, I feel like dividing the values that berries have by 5 (10 Coolness instead) when all put together probably makes a little more sense? Though to be fair I have little idea what I'm doing when trying to think of numbers that "feel good". I have no idea what the stat gains for the previous ways to gain Contest Stats were either.
I did consider dividing the numbers by five, but I worried it would make the process too slow in the other direction if someone doesn't have huge amounts of same flavored Berries to dump. Granted, while I don't know the exact method behind the old calculations for making Pokéblocks/Poffins, it was possible to create ones with +5 point gains.

This is also part of why I proposed Levels as an alternative boost instead. (Perhaps they only apply if the affected Contest stat is already maxed out? Idk. Like Emp said a lot of people probably don't care about Contest stats in the first place given they have no use in FB right now, so it'd be nice if they could get something else out of Curry other than just Bond.)

Quote:
The other thing I want to say I did mention earlier: What do you think of the idea of having extra people participate in the same Curry creates more servings as a result and each serving can be given to a different Pokemon for +1 Bond and a portion of the stat gains? It's a bit more flexible, but might also serve to over complicate things. The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure about the idea. I just think it would be a way to involve more Pokemon- but can all the Pokemon that were involved also get a RP Bond point?
I did want to keep things as simplified as possible, so that only one Pokémon reaps the benefits rather than having to deal with dividing portions. (Kinda like how in the game you only get to see the first Pokémon in the party eating.) To accommodate other Pokémon participating I figured being able to collect Bond for RPing their involvement would suffice as an extra reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
My main thoughts on curry making is that it should be part of a wider camping feature, or at least a shop presented in a camping setting with roleplay optional. Everything from the curry ingredients to the cooking methods are evocative of a camp cookup.

I like the idea of a camping thread similar to the old free-RP areas but I worry that could detract from zone activity, which is why these types of areas were phased out in the first place. Camping is pretty much the closest thing Sw/Sh has to secret bases so it might make things simpler to incorporate into that section of the game as an alternative to a shop, although perhaps it's better they stand alone.
I agree RP should be optional, but the idea of a "mini-Zone/free RP area" thread does sound cute, kinda like how the The Realm of Shadows functions right now.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:44 PM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I don't have a whole lot to add to all this. I'm in agreement with the notion of this being a way to increase level, Bond, and Contest stats, and I'm all for RP being optional yet rewarded, like with raids. I should also add that in the misc. ideas thread, I've proposed my idea for an additional purpose for Contest stats, so the curry cooking boosting Contest stats would in fact have more of an incentive to happen, possibly even for those not actually interested in Contests.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #11
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Thinking about it more, it probably does make better sense to divide the Berry values by 5 - especially if we introduce MM's idea to add more reward incentive for maxing out Contest stats. I just wanted to be able to easily add up by clean, even numbers haha.

Levels-wise, how should those be calculated? Maybe same as Bond? Default is +1 per Curry, can be increased up to +5 if more people participate?
Old 09-17-2020, 10:15 AM   #12
Sneaze
Mrow?

Okay so this conversation has come to enough of a natural lull that I feel comfortable injecting this bit of controversy into it without it literally dying from any amount of argument this might cause.

I like this idea. It's a good way to get rid of excess berries and frankly we need more ways to raise Pokemon stats given most people literally cannot keep up with the amount of Pokemon they acquire on a regular basis.

However

I feel like as currently proposed this idea pushes us a bit too far towards Shop Simulator for my liking, a status quo we as a community pushed hard against for quite some time. I'm not saying that the idea needs redone altogether, but I personally feel like anything like this wherein there is trainer to Pokemon interaction implicitly should require at least some amount of RP. Not a lot, certainly not the 250 words we require for most things, but perhaps a 100 word requirement as a tack on to secret bases to keep things feeling organic and preventing us from straying too far into the realm of shop posts once more.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:26 AM   #13
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
I feel like as currently proposed this idea pushes us a bit too far towards Shop Simulator for my liking, a status quo we as a community pushed hard against for quite some time. I'm not saying that the idea needs redone altogether, but I personally feel like anything like this wherein there is trainer to Pokemon interaction implicitly should require at least some amount of RP. Not a lot, certainly not the 250 words we require for most things, but perhaps a 100 word requirement as a tack on to secret bases to keep things feeling organic and preventing us from straying too far into the realm of shop posts once more.
If we do require RP, then I stand by my original statement of keeping the Berry stat value gains as is listed on Bulbapedia.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:51 AM   #14
Sneaze
Mrow?

I'm sorry but frankly the concept of five trainers that all participated in the same raid all going in on a single batch of curry and each getting to max a contest stat and gain 5 bond off just one of the berries they receive from said raid is absolutely ludicrous.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:50 AM   #15
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Look I'm really not a maths person so I don't know what the most balanced approach would be. Personally all I'm interested in is the aesthetics of Contest stats, whether or not they have a purpose at this time, and/or getting rid of my Berries in a quick and efficient manner. I've never been a big fan of forced RP and don't intend to RP much when it comes to cooking in the long run, so I'd rather get more bang for my buck if RP is indeed required. ...Mostly though I've been planning from the perspective of running the operation myself if possible (just so I could write flavor text for the intro at least), so I'm simply trying to make things as painless as possible on both ends. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Edit- How about this: We do divide the Berry stat values by 5, and make RP mandatory only if other players are involved - but you can still choose to solo "Shop Simulate" if you want? Does that sound fair? Idk anymore. x.x

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 09-17-2020 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:49 PM   #16
Sneaze
Mrow?

It's more a matter of dividing by 5 needs to happen just kinda outright, really.

As far as actual RP goes, yeah mandatory RP is by and large not great but only really for some things. My point is less "this requires RP" and more "this is very much bordering on the same issues we had in pre-Fizzylution where literally everything can be gained from a shop with no RP anywhere ever". Like it becomes an issue of why bother RPing regularly when you get a free 30 bond a month by just using your berries from raids with other trainers here? We already have basically everything else available through non-RP methods so why should we also allow Bond, let alone to such a major degree?

Old 09-17-2020, 04:12 PM   #17
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
It's more a matter of dividing by 5 needs to happen just kinda outright, really.

As far as actual RP goes, yeah mandatory RP is by and large not great but only really for some things. My point is less "this requires RP" and more "this is very much bordering on the same issues we had in pre-Fizzylution where literally everything can be gained from a shop with no RP anywhere ever". Like it becomes an issue of why bother RPing regularly when you get a free 30 bond a month by just using your berries from raids with other trainers here? We already have basically everything else available through non-RP methods so why should we also allow Bond, let alone to such a major degree?
Fair, I just panicked when you suggested there should be an RP requirement at all. Like I said before thinking about it from a general standpoint dividing by 5 is probably the better way to go.

If we really want to adhere to the "RP = Bond" philosophy, we can just make the Bond portion RP-restricted period. Curry by itself can still grant Levels and Contest stats, but you only get the (extra) Bond bonus if you actually RP for it.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:53 PM   #18
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Really good start so far. I’d like to take this time to comment and summarize some of my questions and thoughts on what’s been discussed so far and expectations for its development:

• If you could boil it down to one thing, what is the primary objective behind creating Curry Cooking as a mechanic in FB?
    People are beginning to amass a massive stash of Berries with little use for them in zones or elsewhere and would like to find a way to convert them into some kind of benefit.
  • What kinds of benefits can/should be gained from participating in Curry Cooking?
    In the games, eating curry provides three benefits: Gaining EXP, Restoring HP, and Increasing “Sociability.” Restoring HP does not really apply to FB, so we can ignore that. “Sociability” is defined on Bulbapedia as:
    Quote:
    Sociability affects how much a Pokémon wants to interact with other Pokémon.
    Bulbapedia says that Curry Cooking does not impact a Pokemon’s Friendship level, but for the sake of FB I think it’s okay if we incorporate Bond here.
    For Gaining EXP, it has been suggested that levels be given out as a reward, but I’m not entirely sure that it’s a good idea. Here is my reasoning why. There are four major ways for leveling up your Pokemon. 1.) Through experience and adventure in a zone. 2.) Participating in raids. While the majority of the community enjoys raids as a means to pass the time when there are no zone updates to reply to, and they do require effort to complete, there is legitimate concern that raids detract from zones as the main attraction of FB being zones and act as too much of a simulation. 3.) The Daycare, which while has been a staple of FB for decades, is a shop- the kind of instant-gratification we’ve been trying to minimize in FB the last few years. 4.) Rare Candies/Heart Scales gained via Fizzy Candy Store, trades, or events- even more of a departure from the point I made about the Daycare, most candy acquisition devolves into a process of ‘show up and claim free stuff’ type of gameplay.

So why do I push back on levels being given out? Two reasons: One, I think Curry Cooking would fall somewhere between Raids and Daycare as a destination you show up to dump your Berries, perform some kind of ritual or activity, and then collect levels from it. While that does fall in line with the primary goal of the mechanic, I think it would ultimately further incite concerns about the primary focus of FB as it would become yet another item on the checklist of things to do to get ahead in FB. Secondly, this would just turn Berries into another currency that generates levels. Those with massive hordes of berries amassed from over the years would immediately be placed in an unfair advantage over those who do not.
  • So if not levels, what else could participates benefit from Curry Cooking? Is Bond enough?
    I think it would depend on the amount of Bond being given. There has been some discussion on Contest Stats being given out, but for what purpose? I don’t honestly see Contests coming back into the foreground in FB any time soon, and without that they’re essentially a meaningless thing to keep track of. There have been suggestions that we create some kind of benefit for gaining Contest Stats, but without getting too tangential into a different discussion, I do not think that is a good idea, nor should we create a new system of collection milestones just to justify a reward of essentially a Berry Dump. To be completely honest, I’m not entirely sure what else should be given out as a reward/result other than Bond, but I will try to keep thinking about it.
  • The next thing to consider would be the nitty-gritty on what people actually do here?
    In the games, Curry Cooking is divided into 3 stages: Fanning the Flames, Stirring the Pot, and Putting your Heart into it. How would we execute something similar in FB? The easy answer is that you RP it, but I agree that this mechanic shouldn’t necessarily be a RP-enforced shop. What kind of metric determines whether or not the participants did a good job or not at executing their tasks? Up to how many participants can work together at a time and how does that number effect the end results?

All in all, I think this is both an appropriate mechanic given the relevancy of the latest generation of Pokemon games and is a good way to accomplish the goal of finding uses for Berries, which I know many of the community is wondering. I would like to see some more discussion here on some of the points I brought up and see what we can do to make this possible without it overshadowing other facets of FB or becoming a shop simulator/currency generator.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:55 PM   #19
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

First off: Thanks for the feedback! I do want to start by saying I appreciate your point on focusing as well on the specifics of what exactly "Curry Cooking" entails, and how closely it should mimic the games or not. I'm a bit tired to think on it right now, but it would be interesting if it could be a bit more "mini-game-like" with variable results depending on well you do/work with others. If anyone has suggestions for how we could implement the 3-step: "Fanning the Flames, Stirring the Pot, and Putting your Heart into it", I'd love to hear them~

As for rewards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
For Gaining EXP, it has been suggested that levels be given out as a reward, but I’m not entirely sure that it’s a good idea. Here is my reasoning why. There are four major ways for leveling up your Pokemon. 1.) Through experience and adventure in a zone. 2.) Participating in raids. While the majority of the community enjoys raids as a means to pass the time when there are no zone updates to reply to, and they do require effort to complete, there is legitimate concern that raids detract from zones as the main attraction of FB being zones and act as too much of a simulation. 3.) The Daycare, which while has been a staple of FB for decades, is a shop- the kind of instant-gratification we’ve been trying to minimize in FB the last few years. 4.) Rare Candies/Heart Scales gained via Fizzy Candy Store, trades, or events- even more of a departure from the point I made about the Daycare, most candy acquisition devolves into a process of ‘show up and claim free stuff’ type of gameplay.

So why do I push back on levels being given out? Two reasons: One, I think Curry Cooking would fall somewhere between Raids and Daycare as a destination you show up to dump your Berries, perform some kind of ritual or activity, and then collect levels from it. While that does fall in line with the primary goal of the mechanic, I think it would ultimately further incite concerns about the primary focus of FB as it would become yet another item on the checklist of things to do to get ahead in FB. Secondly, this would just turn Berries into another currency that generates levels. Those with massive hordes of berries amassed from over the years would immediately be placed in an unfair advantage over those who do not.
I disagree in that I see no reason to separate Level Gains from "shop simulation" as it were. Levels are an absolutely arbitrary mechanic in FB that at present mainly serve only to Evolve, Breed, or provide access to more Moves with which to RP/use in Raids. I don't think anyone's primary goal in FB at this point is to Level Up a 'mon to 100 for the sake of it, especially now that P.C. slots are no longer a thing. (On the other hand, I just want Contest stats for the sake of Contest stats... .-. Is that too much to ask for? *shot* OTL) Levels are a means to an end, and that in itself makes them a valuable currency. The fact we've seen a recent surge of folks requesting Candies in order to up-Level their 'mons before the Halloween Raid begins shows there are still players struggling to find ways to Level their 'mons fast enough. And like, we can certainly argue Raids have introduced a new root problem in this regard by "detracting from Zones" in favor of a comp environment, in which case we'll have to take a step back and re-evaluate the system as a whole - but that's a discussion for another day.

At any rate, the point I'm trying to make is: Levels themselves are not the problem. People want them for a variety of reasons in order to enrich their playing experience, and the fact of the matter is supply is still not meeting demand. I believe being stingy with giving them out doesn't benefit anyone in the long run. There are plenty people who will raise a 'mon to a Level capable of Evolution and still wait for the perfect story opportunity in order to do so. For purposes of Breeding, many simply want to be able to obtain and play with their favorites without waiting for a chance Zone encounter or Birthday Egg, if the opportunity to guarantee an offspring already exists. And again - this may be an indicator of an "instant gratification" issue that still needs to be addressed, but the easiest patch right now is just to make Levels more readily available to all. The real meat though, I feel, lies in the RP opportunities that higher Levels afford by allowing access to a wider movepool. (Heck, the rare times I have dipped into my own Candy stash in order to raise a Pokémon's Level was usually because I wanted to apply a specific Move to an Adventure, like in the CG Winter Campaign where I fed my Ponyta a few Candies so she could learn BOUNCE to avoid a teammate's EARTHQUAKE.)

Also on that note, if we're going to complain that older members will have an "unfair advantage", afraid to say that's always going to be the case. It's the same debate with Coins all over again, where the only "equalizing" solution is just to nuke 'em into the sun. FWIW I'll gladly give up all my Berries to others if it means folks will ultimately get to have more fun with utilizing their 'mons to their full potential (as I'm more interested in hosting/overseeing the process anyway). You can't have my (entire) Candy hoard (for now) though. *hiss*

Edit- Also, let's not overlook the fact that for many, one of the probable biggest drives behind raising Bond to max is so that they can gain more Levels at the Daycare. So, y'know, pick your poison.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 09-23-2020 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:22 AM   #20
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

half asleep post for an idea I just remembered I had a week ago... go!

Well, sorry to throw in an idea that kind of makes all this moot...

...but it doesn't look like Curry is going to work out as imagined and it's just gonna be a way to turn Berries into Bond and a slim chance of also Levels. I guess also Contest Stats... but they don't really have a big purpose right now anyways.

But what are Contest Stats good for right now anyways...? Nothing really.

If all we can agree on is that Berries -> Bond, then just simplify the process instead of adding another shop.

I propose we have Berries have a set recipe that turns them into Yummi Gummis in the (hopefully) upcoming Cram-o-Shop and we shelve the idea of a Curry Shop for now.

...not to say you can't make your own Curries in a Zone on your own initiative if you really want to and the updater allows it, but that's something different than what's being discussed here right now isn't it?
Old 10-02-2020, 04:12 AM   #21
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

If the whole purpose of this is to use stored berries, then may I suggest something like a chance to make a yummi gummi (lowest reward), rare candy or mysterious gummi. Split berries into tiers or something and have using high tier berries increase chance of better reward and lower chance of getting a yummi gummi.

Something like:
Bland Curry (all basic berries): 60% yummi gummi, 25% rare candy, 15% mysterious gummi
Mild Curry (at least 2 rare berries): 40% yummi gummi, 35% rare candy, 25% mysterious gummi
Deluxe Curry (all rare berries): 20% yummi gummi, 40% rare candy, 40% mysterious gummi

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:35 AM   #22
Emp
Volcano Badge

I think that's a fair proposal - you could perhaps incorporate flavour into it too, to add a bit of challenge around collecting berries with the same or complimenting flavours, also adding a bit more importance around the nature of the Pokemon you're feeding it to.

The berry grades are common, uncommon and rare by the way. The rare ones (listed below) aren't super common in FB so I wonder if they could yield higher benefits.

Lansat Berry
Starf Berry
Enigma Berry
Micle Berry
Custap Berry
Jaboca Berry
Rowap Berry

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:24 AM   #23
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

That sounds like a good compromise. Since Contest stats seem to be causing the most contention right now (though I'm not sure why when it's just an added bonus for people who want them =3=), we can simply table them for the future if that makes streamlining discussion easier.

I like the idea of still incorporating flavor into it too. Though I feel like working with percentages gets a bit tricky if you're trying to mix more than one Berry at once. =x For Pokémon with corresponding Nature though, maybe we can say the effects are doubled? Or if that makes the Mysterious Gummi effect too broken, that outcome is only available if you feed it to a Pokémon of appropriate Nature?

...Also does anyone actually have a list of all the Berry rarities? ^^;
Old 10-02-2020, 03:14 PM   #24
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Can’t do flavours because Natures aren’t technically a thing in FB

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:59 PM   #25
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
I'm pretty sure some people have defined natures for RP aesthetics actually, and picking a nature to fit the character or else neutral isn't completely out of the question. It's not that we can't because no Natures, there's just never been a need for Natures. If this is the need for Natures, so be it.

Alternatively, uncouple it from Natures. You declare one liked and one disliked, else it's treated as neutral, and once declared it can be changed... Once a year? To account for character development and whatnot. Some limits so it's not just changed at will to suit whatever's being cooked, but otherwise pretty free, and it allows you to set a little more character for the mon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development