Mrow?

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #78
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Haha, beat me to it. Was gonna share this excited fan's tweet:

Quote:
THE BLUE AND RED ORBS WERE ACTUALLY KYOGRE AND GROUDON'S MEGA STONES. PUNCH ME IN THE FACE. THEY ARE FUCKING GENIUSES
I wouldn't call them geniuses ^^; -- it's not like they planned this out twelve years ago -- but it is a clever way to tie in a Gen 3 plot point with a Gen 6 mechanic should Game Freak choose to go down that route. I dunno: personally, I don't know if the idea of the orbs as mega stones can be reconciled with the Mt. Pyre couple's insistence that the orbs be returned to Mt. Pyre else Hoenn descend into chaos. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #79
Cloneblazer12
somewhat temporarily back

Send a message via Skype™ to Cloneblazer12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Haha, beat me to it. Was gonna share this excited fan's tweet:

I wouldn't call them geniuses ^^; -- it's not like they planned this out twelve years ago -- but it is a clever way to tie in a Gen 3 plot point with a Gen 6 mechanic should Game Freak choose to go down that route. I dunno: personally, I don't know if the idea of the orbs as mega stones can be reconciled with the Mt. Pyre couple's insistence that the orbs be returned to Mt. Pyre else Hoenn descend into chaos. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Now that you say that, it actually makes sense. Think about it. The orbs summoned Kyogre/Groudon, but they never actually made contact with the Pokémon themselves. The closest we got was Pikachu being possessed by the Blue? Orb in the anime, if my memory serves me correctly.

That, and the Blue Orb summoned Groudon, while the Red Orb summoned Kyogre. It seemed backwards at the time, but maybe they can explain it in some way.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Red_Orb
Old 05-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #80
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
YES!

Anyways, I'm not expecting them to make much changes plot-wise. It's been less than a year since XY came out so I don't know how much time they've spent on the actual plot. I am greatly hoping for a revamped Secret Base system and such like many of you, and I honestly wouldn't be upset with a straight up re-make since RSE were my favorite games.
The way I came to understand how Game Freak/The Pokémon Company works on their games is, they have multiple projects going at the same time. I read an article about it when BW was coming out so soon after HGSS was barely released. If I remember correctly the reason I even bothered researching it was because the Japanese version of BW lacked the one mechanic I really liked in HGSS. Pokémon following the trainer. Obviously I could be wrong and I can't be arsed to look it up again but that’s what I've read.

ALSO YAY FOR THE POTENTIAL OF THE BATTLE FRONTIER MAKING A RETURN!! Only reason I'm even excited for this game and because they took forever to remake them.
Electric Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #81
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

>People making a song and dance about the megastones

Dude the Red/Blue Stones being their Mega stones was literally the first thought I had when I found out they had Megas. Kinda obvious, no?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #82
precita
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
... the anime is gonna bring back May and Max isn't it.
Nah, they won't be seen beyond maybe a flashback. Although I really liked May her character is more than a decade old and kids today have no clue who she is. Likewise the writers tend not to bring back old female leads more than past one generation, which is why Misty has never returned after Hoenn.

Its really odd to think about because Hoenn doesn't feel that old to me as I was a teenager when it came out, but then I realize its literally 12 years old and I realize how old I am. *yikes*
precita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #83
Cloneblazer12

Quote:
Originally Posted by precita View Post
Nah, they won't be seen beyond maybe a flashback. Although I really liked May her character is more than a decade old and kids today have no clue who she is. Likewise the writers tend not to bring back old female leads more than past one generation, which is why Misty has never returned after Hoenn.

Its really odd to think about because Hoenn doesn't feel that old to me as I was a teenager when it came out, but then I realize its literally 12 years old and I realize how old I am. *yikes*
HG/SS saw Lyra, the female protagonist of the games, so unless we get a new female protagonist for ORAS, I dont see why they wouldnt bring back a fan favorite character.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #84
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
I dunno about the duo being mega, they have the same shape as before. They just have more of those weird energy lines on their body and them being yellow/white and more 'glowy'. Megas usually have more different than their old form then that. They could also be new formes like Giratina or something like that.

Still excited, I haven't played Hoenn in ages. Though another that was said:
Quote:
The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.
Whole new world? Either we are getting a whole different region than Hoenn, or people may be on to something about the space center.
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #85
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Inb4 Groudon and Kyorge can fuse with Rayquaza
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #86
Red Panda
head head bitch

No thank you.

Also Alpha and Omega works because Kyogre>>>Groudon
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #87
Cloneblazer12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
No thank you.

Also Alpha and Omega works because Kyogre<<<Groudon
Fixed that for you.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #88
Red Panda
head head bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
Fixed that for you.
I'm not speaking opinion wise. Kyogre has a general type advantage over Groudon.

Though my opinion happens to fall with that as well.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #89
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Oh God can we please not do a "omg this is so much better than the other one?"
Old 05-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #90
Heather
Naga's Voice

Kyogre>>>Groudon.

Because I managed to let a Groudon lose to a Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #91
Red Panda
head head bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Oh God can we please not do a "omg this is so much better than the other one?"
I promise I wasn't trying to start this.

All I meant was that Water has a type advantage over Ground, which means that it makes a little sense that Groudon is Omega and Kyogre is Alpha.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #92
Cloneblazer12

Fine, I wont. But the wording Red used was iffy in regards to type advantages.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #93
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
So if Kyogre is Alpha and Groudon is Omega, what does that make dear old Rayquaza?

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #94
Heather
Naga's Voice

Sigma.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #95
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Omega isn't necessarily inferior to Alpha. There's a reason people boast in stories about being "the alpha and the omega": by covering both bases, you solidly convey that you are a supreme being. You see this a lot in social anthropology and folklore, these competing ideas about whether it's best to be oldest / first / closest to the Origin or whether it's best to be youngest / last / furthest from the Origin. The one side philosophizes that things were purer, stronger, better the farther back you go; that there is inherent supremacy in having been an early great; that things today pale in comparison to things during the Age of Heroes. The other side philosophizes that the past is most primitive, most ignorant, and therefore weakest or worst; that while the heroes of the past had their time and place it is the Modern Era which stands on the shoulders of these giants and touches the very stars with its fingertips; that those who romanticize the past are fools and that it is in the present/future where mankind's greatest moment lies; so on and so forth.

Long story short, alpha > omega by some accounts, omega > alpha by others, and thus alpha ~= omega. They are both ultimate beings. (I guess by definition only omega is ultimate since "ultimate" implies the end, but you know what I mean. )
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #96
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Alpha and Omega are Greek letters and there is no superiority implied in the use of those letters. You guys are silly.

I'm looking forward to revisiting Hoenn again, and I think Talon's points about the graphical improvements this gen are good - I am so glad that they didn't remake RSE last gen with those shit Gen 5 graphics.

I'll be getting Sapphire because it was the one I had as a kid, and I put a lot of time into it. Nostalgia huzzah
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #97
Heather
Naga's Voice

I'll be getting Ruby. Mega Groudon will have words with...certain rivals of the past.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #98
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I mean even with the biblical implications, being the Alpha or Omega both hold pretty big weight.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #99
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
I mean even with the biblical implications, being the Alpha or Omega both hold pretty big weight.
To me this just raises the question of why they chose these letters at all for the title.

Pokemon has had a weird amount of Greek stuff in their games lately that they aren't exactly using in a sensical manner. Ex: naming a region "Kalos" an Attic Greek adjective meaning "fine, noble, good" instead of the actual Greek word for beauty, and now using these letters presumably just to continue the theme of opposition. This is weird because usually one sees a being called "the Alpha AND the Omega" not one or the other.

I hope they rework the Pokenav.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #100
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wouldn't be the first time Game Freak has oddly placed two sides of the same coin against one another. Space and time are aspects of the same entity but they split it up into two in Diamond and Pearl. (It makes no sense to have one god be the god of space manipulation and the other god be the god of time manipulation -- THEY'RE THE SAME THING! Hence why Dialga and Palkia "are" Arceus, I guess -- or rather, that Arceus split into the two halves known as Dialga and Palkia.) Truth and ideals don't even form a yin and yang relationship but Game Freak set them against one another in Black and White, Reshiram representing the one and Zekrom representing the other. It doesn't make much sense to have Groudon be the omega to Kyogre's alpha since they're the same exact age and have the same exact power level (in universe), but I suspect that this is just Game Freak's way of patting themselves on the back / of amusing themselves that they understand that alpha = omega yet paradoxically alpha =/= omega at the same time.

Biblically, obviously the Pokémon who'd get to call Himself "the alpha and the omega" would be Arceus. But meh, whatever, it's already stupid that God can be captured in a PokéBall and take orders from some ten year old from Hokkaido. So I don't really mind too badly that they're lending the alpha and omega monikers to the Pokémon equivalent of Titans.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON