UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 09-26-2020, 05:43 PM   #76
Sneaze
Mrow?

I actually like Can't Catch Me as is and am firmly of the opinion that not all moves need to be something Raid viable. Ultimately the issue here isn't with the move itself, bit rather with Run Away not being really usable within the realm of RP at all, something we should have addressed ages ago given how many Pokemon have said ability.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #77
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

For what it's worth, I did include Run Away in this thread.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:00 PM   #78
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ohey, a change to Pumpkin Bomb that makes it actually usable for more than just making the Crystalline Cathedral's lawn a hazard area! I'm personally quite happy with this change.

As for the more recent discussion, I'm also pretty fond of the changes to Chocolate Bomb (especially since the old version shared Pumpkin Bomb's problem of letting the opponent get the heals before you do), though balancing is definitely a concern. Being AoE for both damage and healing (albeit for a small amount on both fronts) is already pretty useful as it is, so the main hit really oughta be 70 BP at most. I personally like 45/50 BP (it should still be plenty usable, and while it would be Technician-compatible, I don't think it would reach absurd levels of power if used in that way- especially with the only Fairy Technicians thus far being Mime Jr. and Kantonian Mr. Mime).

On a separate note, I noticed that the His+Her Heart/Heart of the Sun+Heart of the Moon Pendants weren't listed in the Custom Item List. Guess they slid through the cracks during the discussions a few years ago, huh?

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:29 AM   #79
Emp
Volcano Badge

I'd like to suggest an amendment to the item Unicorn Horn. When wielded it allows use of the move Horn Attack, which isn't particularly useful.

I'm thinking instead it could provide a power boost to horn-based attacks (Horn Leech, Horn Attack, Horn Drill, Smart Strike (Smart Horn in Japanese) and Mega Horn).

Or if it's to be kept closer to the original effect it could allow a more useful horn-based attack to be used such as Horn Leech.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:03 PM   #80
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Honestly I'd say "allows Horn Attack and gives a boost to horn-based moves" isn't really that OP. Just do both.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #81
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I will be taking a look at and updating the descriptions of all custom hold items to make sure they are balanced within FB's current standards soon.

If we could get a resolution on Pumpkin Bomb and Can't Catch Me that would be much appreciated!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 10-06-2020, 02:16 PM   #82
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I like the Pumpkin Bomb changes well enough.

As for CCM, what's the current idea we're running with?

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:18 PM   #83
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I'm fine with changing its original effect entirely, but I don't think it should become a recovery move. I think it still needs to fit the theme of evasion/speed.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 10-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #84
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
#bringbackliteralcookieCan'tCatchMe
Don't really care what else it does tbh lol. But I support it and Chocolate Bomb being re-Typed to Fairy.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:43 PM   #85
Emp
Volcano Badge

In all seriousness I'd love to see the cookie form return, whether that be explained through magic or just an illusion. I feel that was the main gimmick of the move when it was introduced. I think just being a Fairy version of minimize would be fine, agreeing with Sniz that it's definitely more of an RP move than a Raid move.

I like the changes to Pumpkin Bomb, it has the potential to be overpowered in double battles but it's not like we have PvP double battles.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:53 PM   #86
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Maybe have it include the cookie thing as an illusion, providing an evasion/speed up and drawing focus towards the user? Pokemon see cookie, Pokemon want cookie, Pokemon eat cookie. Also gives it some worth in raids by allowing you to try and draw aggro to keep allies alive. Durations are down to the raid-balancers on that one though.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:07 PM   #87
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

So you think like a Follow-Me with maybe like a % chance to dodge incoming attacks?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 10-06-2020, 03:34 PM   #88
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Follow Me which dodges the first attack made, perhaps? Perhaps after a dodge, the user will take 50% increased damage for the round as a result of their small stature leaving them wide open to retaliation.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #89
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I wasn't going to say a guaranteed dodge, but also not the extra damage clause. You have an evasion boost that lasts probably for 1 round that draws aggro and makes you more likely to be the target of hostile attacks for the duration. Gives it a bit of a niche and tbh we should probably fully incorporate evasion and accuracy in raids anyway.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:38 PM   #90
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I don’t see any additional concerns or discussion on Pumpkin Bomb, so I will make this its new official effect:
Pumpkin Bomb (Grass, Physical 100 BP)
Effect: The user launches a Pumpkin seed into the air, upon falling the seed plants itself onto the opponent’s side of the arena, upon the end of the second round of battle a large pumpkin finishes growing. The pumpkin immediately begins flashing, and after the third round the pumpkin explodes, dealing spread damage that hits all opponents and Burns them.
Z-Move: Bloom Doom (180 BP)

Using your suggestions in the discussion above, here’s my suggestion on Can’t Catch Me’s new effect with a new name and typing. Part of me does wonder if this move could potentially be exploited in Raid Battles, and if the Biting multiplier is enough of a detraction to balance it out.
Gingerbread Man
Ginger Snap (Fairy, Status)
Effect: The user snaps their fingers (if possible) and casts a magical illusion upon themselves to appear as a tiny cookie and emits an enticing scent that draws the attention of all opponents. Throughout the duration of the effect, the user has a 50% chance to dodge the first attack that targets it, and biting moves used against the user are doubled in damage. Energy used by this move is equivalent to that of a Minimize.
Z-Effect: Evasion & Speed +1 Stage

Small tweak here, I changed the move’s typing to Fairy and altered the healing effect. While it seems a little counter-intuitive to both damage and heal the target at the same time, the amount being healed offsets it only enough to make the net damage slightly weaker than a Play Rough in a Raid setting, which I feel like is a fair trade off for having the additional poor-man’s Life Dew on top of the damage being dealt.
Box of Chocolates
Chocolate Bomb (Fairy, Physical 100 BP)
Effect: The user produces a Chocolate heart in front of them which they then proceed to throw the opponent. Upon contact, the heart explodes dealing damage equal to an Egg Bomb. When the heart shatters, 4 pieces of Chocolate appear, healing the user, the target, and two other Pokemon. When eaten, the chocolate heals a small amount of HP equal to one and a half times the potency of a Sweet Heart (30 HP).
Z-Move: Twinkle Tackle (180 BP)

I didn’t change anything here but the typing to match the theme of the two moves above.
Magical Chocolate Coated Carrot
Chocolate Magic (Fairy, Special 65 BP)
Effect: The user fires off a molten chocolate blast that coats the target in a sticky, gooey (albeit tasty) mess. After the chocolate makes contact, it begins to congeal and harden, reducing the target’s mobility and halving their speed and evasion. The effect is temporary and lasts until it is washed away or dried out.
Z-Move: Twinkle Tackle (120 BP)

What do you guys think?
Old 10-20-2020, 11:26 PM   #91
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I am good with all of these. No real comments to make here.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:21 AM   #92
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I only question the Box of Chocolates: if we're assuming that 45 HP is healed, wouldn't that offset the damage to 55 BP? That's my understanding at least. That would make it do a lot less damage than Play Rough.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:34 AM   #93
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

No, Emi, 30 is the total HP restored after the 1.5x multiplier has already been applied- Sweet Hearts only heal 20 HP in the main series, making them little more than glorified Potions. It *does* effectively reduce the attack's BP to 70 assuming no other multipliers, but that's still reasonable damage given the benefits.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:28 PM   #94
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I'll be honest I like all of these proposed changes. It keeps with all of the moves original flavor while still making them viable moves for both RP and Raids.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:30 PM   #95
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Silly fairytale and sweets based moves being Fairy type feels very fitting.

Do note you can Max/Z-Move off of Chocolate Bomb to have a hard hitting "super" Fairy-type move that's more freely accessible.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #96
Sneaze
Mrow?

Okay going down the list...

Pumpkin Bomb is fine.

Can't Catch Me is a better name and I will never say otherwise. Effect should read "to dodge the first attack that targets it each round". The bit about energy is just kinda not needed.

Why not have chocolate be pick one target, other two are random, deals damage to enemies and heals allies, at the user's discretion as to what is what? This would allow for use in raids including picking a 'mon to heal if need be, gives it some nice use in a doubles battle, and allows for roleplay opportunities if the user might not consider an ally and ally. Also just get rid of the Sweet Heart reference and just list the HP healed, or you'll confuse people.

Carrot is fine.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:36 PM   #97
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

So here's something that came up in a discussion earlier, and seems like it'd continue to go unresolved for a bit: back in the Secret Base Event of 2018, a few members received a new item known as the Skeleball (proof of existence here and here). It had neither a sprite nor a description upon release, and when I asked EAI about it, he said the following:

Quote:
....tada
[8:01 PM]
What it does is whatever I can get a decision to be made on with the other mods, and if need be the community
[8:02 PM]
(It's the sixth Monster Ball you were wondering about earlier)
(Other members of that chat can back me up on this)

I have no recollection of anything becoming of this since, and given the item's absence alongside the rest of the Monster Balls in this year's festivities, it would seem that the reason is that it has fallen heavily between the cracks. So, how shall we crack this one into proper existence?
Old 10-30-2020, 07:41 PM   #98
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
So here's something that came up in a discussion earlier, and seems like it'd continue to go unresolved for a bit: back in the Secret Base Event of 2018, a few members received a new item known as the Skeleball (proof of existence here and here). It had neither a sprite nor a description upon release, and when I asked EAI about it, he said the following:

I have no recollection of anything becoming of this since, and given the item's absence alongside the rest of the Monster Balls in this year's festivities, it would seem that the reason is that it has fallen heavily between the cracks. So, how shall we crack this one into proper existence?
Now that you bring it up, I actually vaguely remember discussing that with EAI before... let me see if I can find the chat log and will get back to you.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:18 AM   #99
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post

Forgive the double post, but the Skeleball has an increased capture rate on ghost type Pokemon.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:23 PM   #100
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Okay going down the list...

Pumpkin Bomb is fine.

Can't Catch Me is a better name and I will never say otherwise. Effect should read "to dodge the first attack that targets it each round". The bit about energy is just kinda not needed.

Why not have chocolate be pick one target, other two are random, deals damage to enemies and heals allies, at the user's discretion as to what is what? This would allow for use in raids including picking a 'mon to heal if need be, gives it some nice use in a doubles battle, and allows for roleplay opportunities if the user might not consider an ally and ally. Also just get rid of the Sweet Heart reference and just list the HP healed, or you'll confuse people.

Carrot is fine.
Quote:
Gingerbread Man
Ginger Snap (Fairy, Status)
Effect: The user snaps their fingers (if possible) and casts a magical illusion upon themselves to appear as a tiny cookie and emits an enticing scent that draws the attention of all opponents. Throughout the duration of the effect, the user has a 50% chance to dodge the first attack that targets it, and biting moves used against the user are doubled in damage. Energy used by this move is equivalent to that of a Minimize.
Z-Effect: Evasion & Speed +1 Stage
Box of Chocolates
Chocolate Bomb (Fairy, Physical 100 BP)
Effect: The user produces a Chocolate heart in front of them which they then proceed to throw the opponent. Upon contact, the heart explodes dealing damage equal to an Egg Bomb. When the heart shatters, 4 pieces of Chocolate appear, healing the user, the target, and up to two other Pokemon by a small amount (25 HP).
Z-Move: Twinkle Tackle (180 BP)
Magical Chocolate Coated Carrot
Chocolate Magic (Fairy, Special 65 BP)
Effect: The user fires off a molten chocolate blast that coats the target in a sticky, gooey (albeit tasty) mess. After the chocolate makes contact, it begins to congeal and harden, reducing the target’s mobility and halving their speed and evasion. The effect is temporary and lasts until it is washed away or dried out.
Z-Move: Twinkle Tackle (120 BP)
Alright I'd like to get this discussion wrapped up already. Almost everyone except for Sniz seems on board with the previously proposed changes, but I'll give this one last opportunity for discussion.

For Can't Catch Me/Ginger Snap: I'd prefer to keep it at 50% evasion rather than 100%, or else it could be easily exploited in raids if spammed. As for the name, I'd like to hear from the community: Do you all prefer "Can't Catch Me" or "Ginger Snap"?

Chocolate Bomb: I cleaned up the description a little bit especially around the healing part. I lowered the value from 30 HP to 25 so that it lines up with roughly 1/16th of a Pokemon in the lv.30-59 range for raids. I still want there to be healing on the target as well, because without the offsetting damage it would make attacks like Play Rough obsolete. Either way, the net damage is probably positive since your allies will be recovering for a larger percentage of health than the raid boss would be.

I'd like to consider that the quoted descriptions above are final, but I'll wait for any last input. Unless there is considerable opposition, I'm going to work under the assumption that the community is on board.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development