UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

View Poll Results: Which format'll you buy these games in?
Retail 8 88.89%
Digital 1 11.11%
Both 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Retail or Digital?

Pretty simple poll really!

The Pokémon games are ones ya often put tons of playtime into. Having them always at hand in download form would be a major convenience. Download versions would also have no battery so your game data could be eternal unlike in the past. However Nintendo's shop/account thing apparently leaves alot to be desired. And there's always something to be said about being able to resell or gift your physical copies away. Plus being able ta line up the boxes/carts next to all the past ones. Price shouldn't be an issue either way because pkmn games almost never go on sale and only a select few have dropped in price.

Which way are you gonna pickup the games?
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
deoxys
Fog Badge

Retail. Always prefer physical format to digital if I can help it.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Retail. I prefer to own a physical copy. And I'm sure as hell not going to pay for a physical copy *and* a digital copy. And guess which one of the two can be had free of charge?

The infini-save state idea is nice, but I really haven't warmed up to things like Steam yet. I just don't like the idea of my "game" existing only either on my hard drive or else on somebody else's, and that if I lose my personal copy (or my access to the company's copy) then I'm fucked and have to repurchase the game again. I know that isn't how Steam is *supposed* to work, but ... I just don't like it or trust it, sorry. I'd rather own the physical book than own some alleged lifetime membership to a library which keeps the book in stock.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I do think digital copies of games/music/movies/books are the way that society is taking us. It's easier to link an account to hold all of your information rather than waste space in your house with a rack of discs holding your stuff. At the same time, physical copies can be damaged or lost or even stolen.

At the same time, having your stuff on display lets people have an easier understanding of people's personalities. If I have a rack of Batman movies/TV on my shelf, you can see right away I love Batman and you might be able to tell me how much you like Batman too! Or you might realize I'm a freak and decide not to hang out with the Batman lover.

At the same time, there's a certain security of holding a physical copy. If the digital service provider was somehow shut down, you lose access and become locked out of something you actually paid for and should have limitless access to.

So yeah. It's both good. Personally, I do like physical copies, but I definitely see the advantages of digital.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Didn't even know the 3DS sold games digitally. I would be buying it retail.

Also Loki you gotta fix that font/size man it's killin' me
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON