UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 02:36 AM   #76
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge
 
big bad birtha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,876
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Really? I thought it was obvious what she was going to do after she asked him "Ok, guess what I am thinking about doing."

Anyway, I just finished this side of the story. Here's what happened.

Quote:
Me and You went to the control room. While we were there, You's mother appeared on the screen. She and some guy said that they had a way for us to escape. We all waited and they opened up the escape route. However, it flooded and everyone but me and You escaped. After that, me and You went to the security room. The place imploded and I went running to the control room. However, I found Coco and started following her. She led me to this door, but I couldn't open it. The water flooded and got us. After that, I opened my eyes to see the monitor says that is only one person in the bio scan. That's it.
There was much more to it than I said. I have to say, my heart was racing the entire time. I was also touched deeply at some of the things that happened. Even though it was probably a bad ending, it was still a great experience. I will be off to find my next victim now.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:50 AM   #77
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 11,679
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Congratulations on finishing You's Path, you've done it in record time I think. O.o;

Took me between eight and ten hours to rush through it, though I spent a great deal more time going through Takeshi's Route.

I would advise you to backtrack a bit and finish off Kid's Route with Sara. Since you've done You's Path, which touches on all the secrets of the game, you should start in the (in my view) weakest "answer" arc of the whole game.

...

Wait, that was the Bad End! Go back to the fourth day and rack up some more You points!
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:03 AM   #78
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 11,679
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

BBB, here is a hint to the password puzzle. I've done something simmilar to what happened in that instance only I used English text, not Japanese characters, which would have made the puzzle very hard to figure out for English speakers.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #79
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge
 
big bad birtha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,876
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Auugh!!! I can't load any before the sixth day. As an RPG guy, I have a bad habit of saving ALOT. There was a Final Fantasy where they told how many times I saved, and I saved like 200 times before I beat it. I don't know if that contributes to my inability to load to the fourth day, but there's a possible conclusion.

Anyway, I will start another game. I will go to You's path later and get the good ending.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #80
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 11,679
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
Auugh!!! I can't load any before the sixth day. As an RPG guy, I have a bad habit of saving ALOT. There was a Final Fantasy where they told how many times I saved, and I saved like 200 times before I beat it. I don't know if that contributes to my inability to load to the fourth day, but there's a possible conclusion.
This will save you A LOT of time, I wish I had this knowledge when I played. Go to the main Menu and click "Special". Then click "Shortcut". Select the THIRD day, not the fourth really, you need to do the puzzle!

Also, here's a little something I should tell you about the Bad End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
The name of the room Kid was pounding on was "Himmel", which means "heaven" in German. So, the last measure was a parallel for Kid trying to take You to heaven.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #81
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge
 
big bad birtha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,876
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

OMG. After hearing your explanation of the end.....I am crying now. That's just so horrible, yet sweet at the same time.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #82
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,461
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

I read your guys' replies up until the discussion of passwords and BBB saying "I'm on Day 6" and I was like, "Whoa, Nelly!" and got off the train. Went down to a do a quick reply and (upon posting this post and giving it a read through) IMMEDIATELY scrolled down when I saw BBB's letters "OMG." Haven't been spoiled yet, but sort of worried. BBB, use spoiler warning text or something! :P

I myself just finished Day 4 / saved on the very first sentence of Day 5.

If the password thing you guys are talking about is the piece of paper You printed ... I used to do those things all the time in elementary school. So for me, I thought it was easy, and the only question in my mind was, "When you say turn it vertically, does that mean 90° from where it is now or is it already in the vertical plane?" So my first answer was "turn it vertically slightly" (since I usually hold them above my head when reading them), but when I saw what it did, I went back and selected the then-obvious answer of "turn it vertically a lot" and voilÃ*.

If that's not the password thing you guys are talking about, then I guess I still haven't gotten to it.

BBB, you asked about the word "prince." I did not make that name selection, and Sara did not ever mention it when I got to the scene you described. So yeah, it *does* depend on the choices you make in-game.

Doppel, I still haven't figured out just who Tsugumi is. Assuming that time travel plays into this game, my theory is "she is an older Sara" because she and Sara seem to have the most interraction and Tsugumi seems to be doing what an older Sara (who went through the LeMU disaster) might have done: invented a time machine, gone back in time, and tried to blow up LeMU ~or~ prevent the LeMU disaster from ever happening. They seem to share a lot of facial animations in common, which is the other reason I say this. But ... I'm not convinced that Tsugumi is a time traveler yet, and my theory that she is an older Sara is pretty fuzzy.

I'm really curious about this whole time travel + "Tief Blau" thing. I don't think the Kid is just a time traveler, considering the whole "I see red blood cells" bit at the beginning of the game. I'm still pretty sure he's some sort of experiment of LeMU's. Regarding You, I'm getting annoyed because this is supposed to be the future yet NO ONE has mentioned in vitro fertilization yet, i.e. Yuu's dad and mom could still be her genetic parents *AND* have died ages ago if she's a test tube baby. It's entirely conceivable that her dad died 34 years ago but that LeMU had a seminal sample of his; and ditto for Yuu's mom plus some of her egg cells. Yuu could be a child that LeMU produced and sent home to be raised "as a real daughter" by one of the LeMU staff, as part of an on-going (so far 18 years long) experiment.

On with Day 5!

P.S. Where is Coco? O_o; *creeped out* We haven't seen her for several days ...
P.P.S. Also, if there is a rat onboard LeMU, he obviously didn't just arrive out of thin air, so either (a) there is an exit to the outside surface or (b) Sora's biosensors are super-broken.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:56 PM   #83
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge
 
big bad birtha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,876
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Oh...I apologize. I didn't think my feelings toward an ending would be a spoiler though. Trust me, I have been really careful with my spoilers. Notice that most of my comments outside of the spoiler box is REALLY vague, and you wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about until you already went through it.

Anyway, I am gone back to day three of You's path. I am going to try to get that puzzle right (well, Suigin answered it for me -_-; ) this time and hope that I get the good ending. I should be at day six again by tonight. It usually takes like 45 minutes or less for each day except for the first two.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #84
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,461
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

What? What? You mean to tell me the game doesn't force you to get the password question (that I answered above) correct before moving you on? And that failure to get the correct answer results in a Bad End? Crazy. Glad I went back to my save file to get it on Attempt #2 (which isn't fair, because I had the right idea 100% but KID just worded it too confusingly -.-)

And haven't you seen those puzzles before, BBB? Like I said ... I first was exposed to those in either 4th or 5th grade (my earliest intact memory is of solving one in 5th grade, but I also get the feeling that this memory was not of my earliest exposure to the puzzle). Saw them again in various other places over the years. Hell, I even use to write notes like that for fun in high school when I was bored. In English, it's a lot easier ... you just have to write your letters very (horizontally) narrow but very (vertically) long. In kanji ... man, I can't imagine, that would be pretty crazy.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #85
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 11,679
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
If the password thing you guys are talking about is the piece of paper You printed ... I used to do those things all the time in elementary school. So for me, I thought it was easy, and the only question in my mind was, "When you say turn it vertically, does that mean 90° from where it is now or is it already in the vertical plane?" So my first answer was "turn it vertically slightly" (since I usually hold them above my head when reading them), but when I saw what it did, I went back and selected the then-obvious answer of "turn it vertically a lot" and voilÃ*.
Yes, that is the puzzle. It's very important, even doubly so after I did it again to evaluate its merit. Possibly the single most important puzzle in all of You's Path, and there's a lot of stuff available there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
And haven't you seen those puzzles before, BBB? Like I said ... I first was exposed to those in either 4th or 5th grade (my earliest intact memory is of solving one in 5th grade, but I also get the feeling that this memory was not of my earliest exposure to the puzzle). Saw them again in various other places over the years. Hell, I even use to write notes like that for fun in high school when I was bored. In English, it's a lot easier ... you just have to write your letters very (horizontally) narrow but very (vertically) long. In kanji ... man, I can't imagine, that would be pretty crazy.
No, I never played with puzzles like those either. I had to think about how a printer would distort an image like that in order to get on the right track for the puzzle, and even then I still took the cheap route because I was given options immediately after picking "turn it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
What? What? You mean to tell me the game doesn't force you to get the password question (that I answered above) correct before moving you on? And that failure to get the correct answer results in a Bad End? Crazy. Glad I went back to my save file to get it on Attempt #2 (which isn't fair, because I had the right idea 100% but KID just worded it too confusingly -.-)
It's not any one choice that determines the Bad End, it's the accumulation of "not optimal" choices and decisions. Failing to figure out the puzzle for You is a major blow, but not a critical one. However, no, the game makes slight variations to the plot depending on your choices - in fact, simply picking Kid entails some slight differences from Takeshi's Route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Doppel, I still haven't figured out just who Tsugumi is. Assuming that time travel plays into this game, my theory is "she is an older Sara" because she and Sara seem to have the most interraction and Tsugumi seems to be doing what an older Sara (who went through the LeMU disaster) might have done: invented a time machine, gone back in time, and tried to blow up LeMU ~or~ prevent the LeMU disaster from ever happening. They seem to share a lot of facial animations in common, which is the other reason I say this. But ... I'm not convinced that Tsugumi is a time traveler yet, and my theory that she is an older Sara is pretty fuzzy.
What are your suspicions regarding the locket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
I'm really curious about this whole time travel + "Tief Blau" thing. I don't think the Kid is just a time traveler, considering the whole "I see red blood cells" bit at the beginning of the game. I'm still pretty sure he's some sort of experiment of LeMU's. Regarding You, I'm getting annoyed because this is supposed to be the future yet NO ONE has mentioned in vitro fertilization yet, i.e. Yuu's dad and mom could still be her genetic parents *AND* have died ages ago if she's a test tube baby. It's entirely conceivable that her dad died 34 years ago but that LeMU had a seminal sample of his; and ditto for Yuu's mom plus some of her egg cells. Yuu could be a child that LeMU produced and sent home to be raised "as a real daughter" by one of the LeMU staff, as part of an on-going (so far 18 years long) experiment.
Kid's abilities are clarified in Sara's Path. On the subject of You, she has seen baby pictures of herself playing with her father, so he couldn't have died thirty four years in the past. And yes, I will testify the man in the old movies is indeed Yoichi Tanaka and they are not doctored photos/films. However, keep what you said in mind, since Sora and Takeshi discuss something about that in Takeshi's Route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
P.P.S. Also, if there is a rat onboard LeMU, he obviously didn't just arrive out of thin air, so either (a) there is an exit to the outside surface or (b) Sora's biosensors are super-broken.
Rat? Oh, I know what you're talking about. Well, here's a minor hint - think about what happened on the second day.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:39 AM   #86
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge
 
big bad birtha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,876
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
And haven't you seen those puzzles before, BBB? Like I said ... I first was exposed to those in either 4th or 5th grade (my earliest intact memory is of solving one in 5th grade, but I also get the feeling that this memory was not of my earliest exposure to the puzzle). Saw them again in various other places over the years. Hell, I even use to write notes like that for fun in high school when I was bored. In English, it's a lot easier ... you just have to write your letters very (horizontally) narrow but very (vertically) long. In kanji ... man, I can't imagine, that would be pretty crazy.
No, I have never seen one. I'm not sure how to go about making one either, not that I really care.

Oh, I have some suspicions about Tsugumi. Here's my thoughts.

Quote:
I believe that she is a secret agent of sorts. Like in the beginning of the game, she is dressed as a tanuki (well, I think she is) and she is looking around for something. Also, she has insane strength and speed. Her "I don't trust anyone" attitude is another reason for me thinking this.
Anyway, I have gotten the puzzle right on the first try (I wonder why?). I don't know if my chances for acquiring the power of the good ending is in my grasps now, but whatever.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:15 AM   #87
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,461
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

I BEAT THE GAME, AND I THINK I GOT THE SHITTY GOOD ENDING? (not a typo)

When I say "shitty good ending," I mean that everybody survived except Sora (who even claimed she would survive in duplicate and would merely perish in her LeMMIH form ), and Yuu seemed to be in love with me, and we made it out alive (did I mention that already?), etc. etc. Sara and Takeshi were swordfighting with sticks, Yuu and I were smooching, Tsugumi vanished to no one knew where ( ), and of course Coco fused into the room behind the "HIMMEL" door.

SO! THOUGHTS!

Well, I must say, I am very disappointed -- and so I will start off with my list of complaints. :x
  1. Why did the game build up the third eye business (and the concept of "the 4th dimension is time") when the game ended without Shounen ever really having to use it? A completely unresolved mystery.[/*8e252]
  2. Ditto for Tsugumi getting into that heated argument with Sora over the existence of a 4th floor. I for one believe her w/o a doubt, yet the game never even provides you with the opportunity to explore Tsugumi's theory with her ... unless I was supposed to click on "talk to Tsugumi" instead of "talk to Yuu" right before Tsugumi, Sara, and Takeshi escaped on Day 6.[/*8e252]
  3. Ditto for Yuu's parents! WTF , I play through Yuu's story mode and you mean to fuckin' tell me that we don't get a definitive answer as to who her parents were, how they died, etc. etc.? Or who her foster mother was? Or who that man was that reassured Yuu "your mother loves you very, very much." Were those clones of her parents? I mean, c'mon! I want answers![/*8e252]
  4. Shounen's dream where he saw three capsules and a black ooze began to come out of one of them. Something tells me he was inside one of those! But we never got to find out. :x[/*8e252]
  5. Shounen's ability to anticipate future events. Never definitively explained. Just an "Oh Shounen, maybe you do have the Third Eye!" BS explanation from Yuu.[/*8e252]
  6. SHOUNEN'S PAST!!! Wtf! Times ten! I chose this path to learn who the fuck Shounen was, and we never got to! In the end, I'm still happy with Shounen (because Takeshi, even though he may be older, seems a lot less mature and a lot less intelligent), but ... I can't help but feel cheated. :x I'm no better off now, having beaten the game at 3am, then I was four hours ago when I was still on Day 4. :x[/*8e252]
  7. The statues! Doppel told me to pay attention, so I even took screencaps ... but they never factored in! I was never asked any question about 6 human stick figures and 2 animal stick figures ... nor was I ever asked about a statue with her arm extended vertically and diagonally pointing "to the east" (how the fuck would Shounen have known which was east from inside LeMU? ). Major letdown. I totally thought that that was going to be a big plot twist thing, especially since the engravings Coco made stayed put even after she left.[/*8e252]
  8. Sara lying about being the one singing the kid's song in the Whale Room. Or rather, if she was telling the truth, why Shounen saw Sara as Coco.[/*8e252]
  9. In fact ... why didn't we go in the Whale Room sooner? We went there for two minutes and then an hour later (in-game) it was gone.[/*8e252]
  10. I WANT TO GO INSIDE HIMMEL! Something tells me you can't do this until you play the Coco path, though. [/*8e252]

Now ... the list of things I did like. ^_^;
  1. The game's speed.[/*8e252]
  2. The relatively interesting and very real characters.[/*8e252]
  3. The general concept.[/*8e252]
  4. The mystery of this pharmaceutical company investigating some "TB" virus and at the same time investigating time travel and all that shit.[/*8e252]
  5. The Sora vs. Sara hacking scene.[/*8e252]

Sleepy. More tomorrow. But for now, I do want to ask (so Doppel can get back to me) ... if I want to woo Tsugumi, who is better? Takeshi or Kid?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:34 AM   #88
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,461
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Just read the rest of your replies (now that I can't be too spoilered). Looks like I did get the good end. Go me, I'm a champ, and I didn't even need any help.

Doppel: *cough* A-HE-HE-HEM?

Dude. :P I pretty much did do it all on my own since you didn't want to tell me shit anyway (and I thank you for that). I still can't believe how much you gush over the printed out sheet of paper, though. ^_^; That was, as I have said many times already, something I grew up doing and took for granted everybody knew about. Like I said, the only reason it took me 2 tries is because of semantic disagreement between me and KID.

Anyway, the good ending for Yuu wasn't really all that good. Tsugumi just vanished, and like I said, a lot of plot details were left unanswered. A lot. Like ... quite frankly, I'm pissed off with Yuu's story mode, because you become so interested in it, and then the answers just aren't delivered. :x

Ah, so "Himmel" means German, eh? I didn't know that. I figured it was German, and I figured it was "LeMMIH" spelled backwards, but those were the only two connections I made. My third "connection" (if you can call it that) is my theory that Himmel is where LeMMIH's computer terminal is found (i.e. Sora's body) and it probably also leads to the 4th floor Tsugumi was talking about.

Regarding playing back through flirting with Sara ... maybe if I have the time. I really want to explore that 4th floor, and if unlocking Tsugumi is what'll take me there, then that's what I'm gonna do.

How does one get on Sora's path? I didn't see very many opportunities to do so. I saw a ton of opportunities on Kid's path to go after Yuu or Sara specifically since there were (a) a lot of questions for each of them and (b) a lot of occasions where you had to choose between pleasing one or the other (e.g. do you choose to accompany Yuu or stay behind with Sara during the 'fix the generator' mission?). But as for Sora ... really, I didn't see many chances to flatter her. She blushed ... maybe twice during my story mode with Kid.

Doppel ... what is this thing you "just realized" on the bottom of page 3 that made you go all "OMG not sure I want to say "? Is it something that has ruined the game for you? Is it a clue that you don't want to spoiler me and BBB with since we're still doing other story arcs?

And finally ... her name is "Yuu". The proof comes from when she tells you her full name (Yuubiseiakikana) and explains the meaning behind each. She says "yuu means gentle", proof that it's the onyomi yuu for the kanji for the word "gentle," yasashii. 優 In fact, if you want the characters for her name, I can give you all but the 'sei' and the 'ka' -- 優美_秋_è*± . The only reason I can't give you the sei and ka is because there are multiple characters which fit the bill, so ...
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:20 AM   #89
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 11,679
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

I was going to answer each of Talon's disappointments individually, but they tie in rather well with what I said ages past, so I'll only address one and stress my original point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Why did the game build up the third eye business (and the concept of "the 4th dimension is time") when the game ended without Shounen ever really having to use it? A completely unresolved mystery.
BE PATIENT! As I said way back when, You's Path is widely considered to be the best introductory path because it touches on all the game's secrets lightly. When playing her path, expect something like 95% of the truth to be obscured. Seriously. There's very little in terms of "deep" content to get from You's Path, but in terms of touching on everything, you've got it covered. If you want concrete answers, Sara, Tsugumi, and Coco's Paths are your ticket to unlocking the overall puzzle - You + Sora's Paths are more of the romantic types, though Sora's Path isn't nearly as "puzzle heavy" as You's (which is, suffice to say, the most puzzle heavy outside of Coco's Path).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Sleepy. More tomorrow. But for now, I do want to ask (so Doppel can get back to me) ... if I want to woo Tsugumi, who is better? Takeshi or Kid?
Oh, without a doubt, Takeshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Ah, so "Himmel" means [Heaven], eh? I didn't know that. I figured it was German, and I figured it was "LeMMIH" spelled backwards (!!!), but those were the only two connections I made. My third "connection" (if you can call it that) is my theory that Himmel is where LeMMIH's computer terminal is found (i.e. Sora's body) and it probably also leads to the 4th floor Tsugumi was talking about.
WOAH! Talk about my mind getting blown! Thanks for pointing that out, I don't think anyone I've talked to made that connection before. o_o

For that, I'll exchange a puzzle piece for a puzzle piece - Himmel has multiple meanings in German, not just heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Regarding playing back through flirting with Sara ... maybe if I have the time. I really want to explore that 4th floor, and if unlocking Tsugumi is what'll take me there, then that's what I'm gonna do.
You won't go below Dritte Stock in Kid's Route. Takeshi's, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
How does one get on Sora's path? I didn't see very many opportunities to do so. I saw a ton of opportunities on Kid's path to go after Yuu or Sara specifically since there were (a) a lot of questions for each of them and (b) a lot of occasions where you had to choose between pleasing one or the other (e.g. do you choose to accompany Yuu or stay behind with Sara during the 'fix the generator' mission?). But as for Sora ... really, I didn't see many chances to flatter her. She blushed ... maybe twice during my story mode with Kid.
Sora isn't as interested in the Kid as she is with Takeshi - I think she considers Takeshi "more mature" (haha) than Kid and since he's closer to her 'age', she tends to spend more time with him in both Takeshi and Kid's Route. There's no paths for Sora and Tsugumi in Kid's Route - if it wasn't apparent, Kid tends to spend most of his time around You and Sara, interacting with Takeshi and Sora less and Tsugumi the least. The (rough) reverse is true for Takeshi's Route - Takeshi spends a lot of time with either Tsugumi or Sora, followed by You and the Kid, Coco and the off-path girl the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Doppel ... what is this thing you "just realized" on the bottom of page 3 that made you go all "OMG not sure I want to say "? Is it something that has ruined the game for you? Is it a clue that you don't want to spoiler me and BBB with since we're still doing other story arcs?
Um, I'm not sure. I'll tell you but I won't say why I found it so surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
In the early morning on the sixth day, when You lures Kid into the Lemurian Ruins, she not only kisses him, they have sex as well.
You (Talon) will most likely say, "I dunno about you (Dopple), but that was pretty darn obvious to me. " - I will profess that when I first played You's Route, I was of the same perception but retracted that after fully completing You's Path. Only, I did some more research and have arrived at the conclusion that my initial impression was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
And finally ... her name is "Yuu". The proof comes from when she tells you her full name (Yuubiseiakikana) and explains the meaning behind each. She says "yuu means gentle", proof that it's the onyomi yuu for the kanji for the word "gentle," yasashii. 優 In fact, if you want the characters for her name, I can give you all but the 'sei' and the 'ka' -- 優美_秋_è*± . The only reason I can't give you the sei and ka is because there are multiple characters which fit the bill, so ...
I have my reasons for using "You", though it's mostly out of habit and personal preference.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #90
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,461
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

I'll play Takeshi and shoot for Tsugumi, then. That'll be convenient, too, because then I'll have the "shortcuts" method unlocked for both boys.

New question: when playing Kid x Sara (as I intend to do later), how far back must I go on Kid's history to get it right? Day 2 (@ Generator)? Day 3? All I know is, I unlocked the part where you trip over Sara during Kick the Can and she's within kissing range, so I'm pretty sure I wooed her correctly (originally) even if I was aiming for Yuu. But that was the ONLY Sara wallpaper I unlocked. I have 1 Sara wallpaper, 1 Sora wallpaper, 0 Tsugumi, 0 Coco, 1 Takeshi, and then a shitton for Yuu.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #91
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 11,679
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
New question: when playing Kid x Sara (as I intend to do later), how far back must I go on Kid's history to get it right? Day 2 (@ Generator)? Day 3? All I know is, I unlocked the part where you trip over Sara during Kick the Can and she's within kissing range, so I'm pretty sure I wooed her correctly (originally) even if I was aiming for Yuu. But that was the ONLY Sara wallpaper I unlocked. I have 1 Sara wallpaper, 1 Sora wallpaper, 0 Tsugumi, 0 Coco, 1 Takeshi, and then a shitton for Yuu.
The earliest push toward Sara's Path is probably the generator incident on the second day.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #92
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge
 
big bad birtha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,876
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Alright. I finished You's good path. It does leave alot of blank spots, but at the end it's like "This story is not yet at an end. You are in the infinity loop." or something like that. Anyway, I have come to a little conclusion about You's parents. Here goes.

I believe that You is actually her so called "mother"'s clone. I started thinking that whenever she appeared on the screen and said "I am not your mother, but you are indeed part of my flesh." It was also somewhat confirmed when she simply said "I am you." I believe that the mother and father who died was her original's parents. However, that is a half-baked conclusion I came up with. I don't know if I am right or not, but I am sure I will find out in time.

Now, I am on a new game, and I am Takeshi. I am going to aim for Sora's route. I have a question though. I have decided to listen to Coco's joke, and as a result, she is around. Am I still safe to go for Sora, or have I already screwed it up by listening to Coco instead of Sora?

One more question. What is up with the question marks that are out of place? I don't get it. There are question marks right in the middle of the text, and most of the time it is in the place of another word.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #93
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 11,679
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
I believe that You is actually her so called "mother"'s clone. I started thinking that whenever she appeared on the screen and said "I am not your mother, but you are indeed part of my flesh." It was also somewhat confirmed when she simply said "I am you." I believe that the mother and father who died was her original's parents. However, that is a half-baked conclusion I came up with. I don't know if I am right or not, but I am sure I will find out in time.
Yukie's status is really strange, but things should be somewhat clearer with a run through Takeshi's Route. What kills me about the epilogue is there's a positively explosive landmine in it, but people only think about the You-Yukie exchange and totally breeze over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
Now, I am on a new game, and I am Takeshi. I am going to aim for Sora's route. I have a question though. I have decided to listen to Coco's joke, and as a result, she is around. Am I still safe to go for Sora, or have I already screwed it up by listening to Coco instead of Sora?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
One more question. What is up with the question marks that are out of place? I don't get it. There are question marks right in the middle of the text, and most of the time it is in the place of another word.
Game errors most likely, they're supposed to be "-" but get recalled as "?".
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #94
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,461
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
Now, I am on a new game, and I am Takeshi. I am going to aim for Sora's route. I have a question though. I have decided to listen to Coco's joke, and as a result, she is around. Am I still safe to go for Sora, or have I already screwed it up by listening to Coco instead of Sora?
No.
It wasn't a Yes / No question, dude. >_< *pet peeve*
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #95
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 11,679
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

>>Am I still safe to go for Sora

Yes.

>>or have I already screwed it up by listening to Coco instead of Sora?

No.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #96
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,461
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Anyway, I want to ask Doppel to intentionally spoil me on this, so BBB, do not read his reply if you don't wish to be spoiled ... If I intend to pursue Tsugumi and Sara right now (Takeshi x Tsugumi , Kid x Sara), is there any reason for me to listen to Coco's joke? That is to say ... is listening to her joke simply a way to piss off Sora and to get yourself removed from Sora's good graces? Or is it more important than that? Is listening to Coco's joke crucial for getting her to be a more permanent part of the game and not this transient ghost?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BBB, I totally see where you're going with your theory about Yuu and her mother on the viewscreen. I had the exact same thought when I saw her -- "she looks like an older Yuu." However, I came to a different conclusion. I don't think Yuu is her mother's clone ... rather, if the time traveling aspect to this game is real ... I think Yuu's mother is Yuu. Like, Back to the Future-style, where there are two Marty McFly's in 1955 Hill Valley at once ... the first who arrived by accident in Movie 1, and the second who goes back there in Movie 2 to try and prevent Biff Tannen from betting abusing the Year 2000 Sports Almanac. Just my theory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forgot what else I was going to say. Look here if you see this reply in less than 10 minutes after it was submitted for a possible edit. Otherwise, I'll double-post.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #97
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 11,679
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Anyway, I want to ask Doppel to intentionally spoil me on this, so BBB, do not read his reply if you don't wish to be spoiled ... If I intend to pursue Tsugumi and Sara right now (Takeshi x Tsugumi , Kid x Sara), is there any reason for me to listen to Coco's joke? That is to say ... is listening to her joke simply a way to piss off Sora and to get yourself removed from Sora's good graces? Or is it more important than that? Is listening to Coco's joke crucial for getting her to be a more permanent part of the game and not this transient ghost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
Your ultimate end is a result of your choices, all of which are dependent on one another. Rather, let's say that picking choices earn you "points" with certain people, and certain forgone opportunities result in either no points with another person or negative points. Sora will not backstab you later in the game for not listening to her explanation, especially since she goes over it again and in the second explanation there are opportunities to impress her. However, Tsugumi probably would fault you for not listening to Coco's joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
BBB, I totally see where you're going with your theory about Yuu and her mother on the viewscreen. I had the exact same thought when I saw her -- "she looks like an older Yuu." However, I came to a different conclusion. I don't think Yuu is her mother's clone ... rather, if the time traveling aspect to this game is real ... I think Yuu's mother is Yuu. Like, Back to the Future-style, where there are two Marty McFly's in 1955 Hill Valley at once ... the first who arrived by accident in Movie 1, and the second who goes back there in Movie 2 to try and prevent Biff Tannen from betting abusing the Year 2000 Sports Almanac. Just my theory.
That was (essentially) my originally conclusion as well, since Yukie-You's relationship appeared to be simmilar to Archer-Shirou.

...

Talon pointed out something I hadn't thought of before, I'll need to think about it.
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #98
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,461
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

BIG YUU OBSERVATION, POSSIBLE SPOILER FOR BBB?

Just to clarify, I am on DAY ONE of the accident. On Takeshi, trying to woo Tsugumi.

Observe my screencaps to see what I've observed. Note that the Japanese word for "spring" is Haru and the Japanese word for "autumn" is Aki. Also, look at my screencaps (and comments) in reverse order, since phpBB is being dumb and not letting me put them in the order in which I submitted them.

Also ... really confused/weirded out by the fact that Coco is a tangible, visible regular in Takeshi's path and it's Sara who is missing.

Also ... Doppel, you asked me what I thought was inside Sara's pendant. That was one of the things I had meant to reply to earlier but forgot all about. I still haven't solved that mystery, but I agree that it must be important. Also ... I completely forgot that Kid had a dream in which he saw himself clutching hands with Sara (in the midst of the accident, prior to you choosing to play as Kid or Takeshi), so ... yeah. Sara is obviously a big player in Kid's path. I look forward to wooing her down the road.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #99
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yukinomiya City, Fukushima Prefecture
Posts: 11,679
Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande

Observe my screencaps to see what I've observed. Note that the Japanese word for "spring" is Haru and the Japanese word for "autumn" is Aki.
Very good! :11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger

It is a spoiler, though, since people going through You's Path are expecting her name to be Yubiseiharukana and yet it is never mentioned until right before the end, where Kid goes "huh? Is that right?" and You has to prove it to him that Yubiseiakikana is her real name. This won't be the last "season" type of clue either, there are simmilar ones coming up. Look for them!
__________________
あなたの勇気が切り開く未来
ふたりの想いが見つけだす希望
今 信じあえる
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #100
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,461
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Doppel says my observation was a spoiler, so ... avoid, BBB, until Doppel confirms you've solved it too?

Why would they be expecting her name to be Yuubiseiharukana? The only answer I have is that you mean people who played as Takeshi first are expecting her name to be Yuubiseiharukana. And even then, I would say that if they are not Japanese nor have any formal training in Japanese language, they're S.O.L. Her name is so long that if you can't remember it for its sound-matching-to-meaning value (e.g. Yuu = Gentle, Bi = Beautiful), I don't think you have a chance.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.