UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-30-2017, 12:40 PM   #51
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to bring something else up as well- namely, move compatibility. The Calendar's rules stipulate that TMs and MTs need to be a part of the Pokémon's natural movepool. My question is, was this rule implemented with the current stance on TMs and MTs in mind, or no? Seeing as we're free to use TMs on whatever we want, and incompatible MT moves can be taught at an increased price, my original line of thinking was that the calendar would likewise allow for such incompatible moves, like the old calendar once did with TMs. I'm cool if we're not going to be allowing incompatible TMs/MTs via the Calendar, I just wanted to clarify what the position was on that.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:50 PM   #52
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
I'd say give preference to standards, maybe only allow unnaturals when the natural pool is exhausted.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #53
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Well for your first question MM, those are just literally picked up from the ye olde rules and left it that way because all other semi-related rules were not put into place yet (and still kinda aren't, but hey it's an organized chaos ^^;)

I would say that for TMs anything goes (as for the rest of FB), but as for the MTs, Iron's route seems fair: moves in actual movepool first, but when all EM and natural MTs are learned, we should allow unnatural MTs. Is that seem fair for everyone?

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:37 PM   #54
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So basically;

TMs: No restrictions

MTs: No restrictions, but only if all compatible MT moves and all Egg moves are already learned

I like that, it sounds fair to me.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:05 PM   #55
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I'd be okay with that as it falls under what I normally do when choosing moves I get from Calendar gifts.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:37 AM   #56
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
So one minor change is to be made to how the calendar operates under the reward system.

1. The calendar is not run by any one specific SO. Any SO is capable of approving/confirming birthday presents.
2. Because of the nature of the approval, and because of the amount of work required for it, approvals in the calendar earn $10 per confirmation rather than an FC.

These changes are to be implemented as of now, but any FC earned so far for the calendar can be kept.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:34 PM   #57
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hello there! So the end of the year is coming up sooner than we think, so better get things on the road here!

So one thing we decided to put off was the possible dates change of some Pokémon, either putting them in more appropriate dates and/or combine a few birthdays for certain closely related Pokémon. I've heard from our Discord chat that most are against changes, as it would screw up with the birthdays (one may have the same birthday celebrated closely together); best to wait for whenever we actually need to change them (that is when a new gen comes around and we don't have enough days to fit the new Pokemon). I agree with that, but I prefer to ask here first to make sure everyone's on the same page!

Now for the second, more important thing: the birthday presents. It needs a definite update as it is pretty lacking especially by our current situation/standards. But in general, should we stick to the suggestion we had before, or should we make a few tweaks now that we have a better idea how things are running here?

Edit: here is the current birthday gifts:
Pokémon:
- 2 levels
- 1 MT or EM
- 1 TM
- all contest stats +10
- Bond +3

Trainer:
x1 Heart Scale
x200 Pokédollars
x2 Rare Candies
x2000 coins
x1 Birthday Gummi

And here are the previously suggested new presents:
Pokemon Birthday:
~3 Levels
~1 TM
~2 EMs OR 2 MTs OR 1 EM/1 MT
~3 Birthday Gummis
*If a Pokemon has already reached level 100, they may learn 1 Unnatural Move

Trainer Birthdays:
~$1000 Pokedollars
~1000 Coins
~5 Rare Candies
~3 Mysterious Gummis
~1 Pokeball of choice
~1 TM of choice
~1 Birthday Egg

Last edited by OkikuMew; 12-05-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #58
Heather
Naga's Voice

well I think we can forget coins due to recent occurrences, so there's that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #59
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Pokemon birthdays are already fine in my opinion, so I would be content with them staying as they are.

As for trainer birthdays, as Heather said, please remove all mentions of coins. They are gone and never coming back lol. As for the rest of the proposed changes, I like what has been listed. What would a birthday egg entail? Similar to an Enigma Egg?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #60
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Sorry about the coins part! I only copy/pasted the original ^^; Yeha they're definitely outta there lol.

I agree that Pokémon birthday presents are fine as it currently is, although I am not sure about the poffin situation as the contest stuff is still a little blurry at the moment.

As for the trainer birthdays, my only little thing I would like to see in the suggested one is to bring back the heart scale, as its use has been recently reintroduced, and it is now a good thing to have. Yay or nay?

As for the birthday egg, here's what I got:

"Birthday Eggs are Eggs that will hatch 1 non-legendary Pokemon from a Trainer's Memakyu. The Memakyu does not tolerate forcing a hatch. Any Trainer with less than 4 non-legendary Pokemon in their Memakyu, or does not have a Memakyu, this egg will act as an Enigma Egg. Shiny odds are increased on these eggs - requesting the shiny versions of Pokemon in your Memakyu will NOT guarantee a shiny result."

Old 12-05-2017, 05:17 PM   #61
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Birthday Egg actually raises a question- some of us, myself included, split our Memakyus into different sections for our various characters. Half my Memakyu is devoted specifically to stuff Keith Masters wants, and the other half is devoted specifically to what Gavin Golurkson wants- would we be able to specify which character's section of the Memakyu should be considered for the Egg?

Moreover, everything on Gavin's half of my Memakyu is specified Shiny only (he IS a Shiny hunter, after all), which I'm guessing isn't gonna fly with the Birthday Egg. Thing is, I only want those Pokémon for Gavin if they're Shiny, so would I be able to, upon collecting a Birthday Egg, just say to choose from the Keith Masters section of the Memakyu, or would Gavin's half be automatically disregarded due to everything being specified Shiny only?
Old 12-05-2017, 05:18 PM   #62
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
Sorry about the coins part! I only copy/pasted the original ^^; Yeha they're definitely outta there lol.

I agree that Pokémon birthday presents are fine as it currently is, although I am not sure about the poffin situation as the contest stuff is still a little blurry at the moment.

As for the trainer birthdays, my only little thing I would like to see in the suggested one is to bring back the heart scale, as its use has been recently reintroduced, and it is now a good thing to have. Yay or nay?

As for the birthday egg, here's what I got:

"Birthday Eggs are Eggs that will hatch 1 non-legendary Pokemon from a Trainer's Memakyu. The Memakyu does not tolerate forcing a hatch. Any Trainer with less than 4 non-legendary Pokemon in their Memakyu, or does not have a Memakyu, this egg will act as an Enigma Egg. Shiny odds are increased on these eggs - requesting the shiny versions of Pokemon in your Memakyu will NOT guarantee a shiny result."
Oh, I didn't even notice the heart scale was missing from that list. I would say definitely bring that back. As for Poffins, just leave them there. As you said, the future of contests is hazy, but their eventual return is not completely ruled out so we might as well give people the option to collect poffins.

After reading your description of the Birthday Egg... that sounds almost too good... I would say it's probably better to just make it an Enigma Egg.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:07 PM   #63
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Oh, I didn't even notice the heart scale was missing from that list. I would say definitely bring that back. As for Poffins, just leave them there. As you said, the future of contests is hazy, but their eventual return is not completely ruled out so we might as well give people the option to collect poffins.

After reading your description of the Birthday Egg... that sounds almost too good... I would say it's probably better to just make it an Enigma Egg.
Birthdays are only once a year tho. In my opinion the birthday egg is a good plan, considering it is your birthday which only rolls around once a year.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:16 PM   #64
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post
Birthdays are only once a year tho. In my opinion the birthday egg is a good plan, considering it is your birthday which only rolls around once a year.
Seconded, I think it's rare enough that ticking off something from the Memakyu isn't too much.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #65
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
The Birthday Egg actually raises a question- some of us, myself included, split our Memakyus into different sections for our various characters. Half my Memakyu is devoted specifically to stuff Keith Masters wants, and the other half is devoted specifically to what Gavin Golurkson wants- would we be able to specify which character's section of the Memakyu should be considered for the Egg?

Moreover, everything on Gavin's half of my Memakyu is specified Shiny only (he IS a Shiny hunter, after all), which I'm guessing isn't gonna fly with the Birthday Egg. Thing is, I only want those Pokémon for Gavin if they're Shiny, so would I be able to, upon collecting a Birthday Egg, just say to choose from the Keith Masters section of the Memakyu, or would Gavin's half be automatically disregarded due to everything being specified Shiny only?
I can't speak for the mods, but here's what I think we could work things out with split Memakyus, for both questions:
  • Unless specified, all Pokémon mentioned in a player's Memakyu (even when split in different groups; ex.: for different characters) will be included for the randomly hatched Pokémon.
  • If a Memakyu group is specified for shiny Pokémon only, Pokémon from that Memakyu group cannot be hatched from the Birthday Egg. However, if a shiny will be hatched from the Birthday Egg, the Pokémon of the "shiny group" will be included.

Oooor, in other words (just to make sure everyone understands my line of thinking ^^;)
  • By default, the egg can hatch any Pokémon of the whole Memakyu, split or no split.
  • If a "split" (group) of Pokémon in the Memakyu is specified for Shiny Pokémon only, that group will only be included in the "can be hatched" list if a shiny hatch is rolled. (In other words, whoever rolls the RNG for the hatch rolls for shiny at first. If it's not a shiny, they will not include the shiny-only group of the Memakyu. If it is a shiny, it'll include the shiny group.)
  • If you only want one Memakyu group to be possible to hatch from the egg, mention it in your Memakyu; all other groups will be ignored. (Just make sure that group has more than 4 Pokémon, as per the other rule.)

That way, you can choose that the egg can hatch for either one of all of your characters, and that if you have very specific tastes for shinies, you have a chance of hatching a shiny of those of your choosing (however, it doesn't increase your chances of hatching a shiny (well, besides the little boost from the birthday egg), and there is a chance you hatch a shiny that isn't part of your "shiny Memakyu".)

THAT SAID, I would completely understand if people doesn't want to be that flexible and prefers the route that it includes all groups of Memakyus no matter what, and ignores any mention if shiny specifics. This might be more fair in terms for others who doesn't split their Memakyu for whatever reason, and not to mention a lot less complicated for the updater to check in the Memakyu.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #66
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

(I haven't read the entire discussion regarding Birthday Eggs so please forgive me if the following concerns have already been raised.)

So, I hate to be that guy, but I'm really not comfortable with the Egg tying into the Memakyu. For starters, the wishlist post is freely editable. Nothing prevents players from narrowing it down to a single Pokemon a week before their Birthday, basically ensuring 100% chance of hatching exactly what they want. Even if birthdays only come around once a year, I think that's too much.

Secondly, it just adds unnecessary complication to a simple system; one of the best things about new FB, in my personal opinion, is the complete shift of attention away from the Hatchery. Eggs should be by and large an afterthought and not, like used to be the case, the number 1 method for obtaining favourite Pokemon.

I would much prefer to have a Enigma Egg be handed out on Birthdays. I think it's a nice gesture and adds an element of excitement to the date, but not if it ties directly into wishlists. The Memakyu, the way I see it, should be designed exclusively for adventure rewards.

Last edited by Maskerade; 12-06-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:25 PM   #67
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
(I haven't read the entire discussion regarding Birthday Eggs so please forgive me if the following concerns have already been raised.)

So, I hate to be that guy, but I'm really not comfortable with the Egg tying into the Memakyu. For starters, the wishlist post is freely editable. Nothing prevents players from narrowing it down to a single Pokemon a week before their Birthday, basically ensuring 100% chance of hatching exactly what they want. Even if birthdays only come around once a year, I think that's too much.

Secondly, it just adds unnecessary complication to a simple system; one of the best things about new FB, in my personal opinion, is the complete shift of attention away from the Hatchery. Eggs should be by and large an afterthought and not, like used to be the case, the number 1 method for obtaining favourite Pokemon.

I would much prefer to have a Mystery Egg be handed out on Birthdays. I think it's a nice gesture and adds an element of excitement to the date, but not if it ties directly into wishlists. The Memakyu, the way I see it, should be designed exclusively for adventure rewards.
Well I'll be that girl and explain some of the stuff that was mentioned! (It's alright, it's good to have important stuff said again!)

For the first point, the rules concerning the Birthday Egg states that you have to have 4 or more Pokémon in a Memakyu, or the egg will be considered as an Enigma Egg. If that's too much of a low number, we can raise it to, say, 10 Pokémon.

For the second, considering that it's only once a year (and not once per 2 weeks, *cough cough*) and for many would be the only way to get an egg besides the updater rewards (which not everyone is) or getting one through a zone (which is rare-ish since it's just better to just directly catch a Pokémon there), and with the aforementioned randomisation of the Pokémon that can be received, I personally find it reasonable.

That said, I understand that it is subjective ^^; I also understand your points and does make me wonder if we should just stick to an Enigma Egg. (As much as I love Psychic and Dragon types, I don't think a Mystery egg will be everyone's cup of tea )

Perhaps as a compromise we can make that the Birthday Egg acts like an Enigma egg, buuuuut have a high chance of hatching a Pokémon in the player's Memakyu if there's more than 5 Pokémon in it (ie.: updater rolls for 5 Pokémon and the hatched Pokémon is either the first Pokémon included to the player's Memakyu, or the first Pokémon rolled if there's no Memakyu Pokémon in those 5 rolls) and a higher chance of a shiny Pokémon. Also, we could always give the player a choice between a Birthday Egg or an ordinary Enigma Egg.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #68
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
So I know we're looking at fukken New Years for them in the first place but I'd like an explicit statement on the birthday eggs to the regards of whether they will have even the possibility of hatching Shadows. They need not have any increased chance or anything, and should absolutely have the same "having it on your memakyu won't guarantee it" clause as with shinies but I think we should allow it as a thing.
Feels like a good time to bring this back.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:05 PM   #69
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hmmm. Personally I find it strange that a shadow Pokémon can come out of an egg in the first place, since by definition, they are Pokémon that has been used for doing wrongful things and have their heart closed up artificially... in other words, they had to be born first and then have something done to them to turn into shadow Pokémon. So I don't see it appropriate to be able to hatch shadow Pokémon.

That said, I do find that we should be able, in some way, to have access to shadow Pokémon more, although not too much. Perhaps they could be a possible zone reward?

In other news, I just thought of something that could be pretty cute: For the trainer presents, what about we add a custom item/TM to teach a Pokémon Celebrate? It's a bit useless move as it technically does absolutely nothing battle-wise (not counting Z-Celebrate and contest combos) but it would be very appropriate to give that on a trainer's birthday. Perhaps by the power of FB imagination, we could give it a slightly better use?

Last edited by OkikuMew; 12-07-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #70
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Sorry for the double post!

Just wanted to share with you guys a suggestion of what the move Celebrate could be in FB (if we include the custom item/TM to teach it):

"The user is suddenly encased in a colorful gift box. The Pokémon cannot move while in it, but the box becomes an effective yet fragile shield and bomb, all in one festive package: opponents attacking the box will see their attack's damage reduced by 30% and, while destroying the box, triggers an explosion of confetti and ribbons which causes a small amount of damage."

..I admit that I am feeling horrible with words and it may need rewording, but I hope at least my point/idea comes across ^^;

Old 12-24-2017, 01:25 PM   #71
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Ouch, this feels a little awkward to do a triple post ^^;

So here's what I think we've decided on, so please say whenever you guys agree on it or not. Note that it should be settled before the end of the year, because starting January 1st (FB/GMT time), the changes will be applied.

Pokémon birthday dates stays as it is for the moment. Changes will be decided and done only whenever the calendar will run out of dates to integrate new Pokémon (from new Gens).

Pokémon Birthday presents stays as it is currently, that is:
  • x1 Birthday Candy Cake: What's a birthday without a cake? Gives 2 levels.
  • x1 Birthday Berry Milkshake: A nice refreshing shake so good, it can make a Pokémon feel a totally new experience, or remind them of young, blissful times. Teaches either an Egg Move or a Move Tutor move.
  • x1 TM
  • x1 Birthday Poffin: Amazingly crafted by dedicated bakers, all Pokémon love it! Raises all contest stats by 10.
  • x1 Birthday Gummi: That rare treat can't be found anywhere but here! Raises Bond by 3.

Trainer Birthday presents should be changed by the following:
  • $1000 Pokedollars
  • x5 Rare Candies
  • x3 Mysterious Gummis
  • Pokéball of choice
  • TM of choice
  • Magical Party Popper: The Pokémon who pops it will learn the move Celebrate!
    • Celebrate does not work like in the core games:
      The user is suddenly encased in a colorful gift box. The Pokémon cannot move while in it, but the box becomes an effective yet fragile shield and bomb, all in one festive package: opponents attacking the box will see their attack's damage reduced by 30% and, while destroying the box, triggers an explosion of confetti and ribbons which causes a small amount of damage.
  • Birthday, Type or Enigma Egg:
    • A Birthday Egg might be similar to an Enigma egg... but it has higher odds to hatch a Pokémon within the player's Memakyu, and higher odds to hatch a shiny Pokémon!
      • If the trainer has less than 5 non-legendary Pokemon in their Memakyu (or does not have a Memakyu) the egg will act as an Enigma Egg.
      • Requesting shiny Pokémon in your Memakyu will NOT guarantee a shiny result.
      • The Birthday Egg increases the odds of hatching any Pokémon within the player's whole Memakyu, no matter how it is split (ie for different trainer characters).
    • A Type Egg guarantees hatching a Pokémon who has a Type of your choice. (Please make sure you declare the type you are choosing.)
    • If you wish to have neither a Birthday nor a Type Egg, you can still pick up an Enigma Egg.

Last edited by OkikuMew; 12-24-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:01 PM   #72
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Weren't we going to give 3 levels for Pokemon Birthdays instead of 2? I remember that being something we agreed on earlier.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:03 PM   #73
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
Weren't we going to give 3 levels for Pokemon Birthdays instead of 2? I remember that being something we agreed on earlier.
Well it was mentioned as one of the suggestions as a modified Pokémon Birthday presents, but seemed like everyone agreed that the old one - with the 2 levels - was fine as it was.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:48 PM   #74
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Still really not on board with the whole birthday egg thing at all, but other than that it's fine. ;)
Old 12-24-2017, 08:52 PM   #75
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Still really not on board with the whole birthday egg thing at all, but other than that it's fine. ;)
Not even with the compromise? It's no longer "100% chance of getting a Memakyu Pokémon", but now just "a higher chance of a Memakyu Pokémon".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development