UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 09-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #3176
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Pro: I dislike premature gg's and so I enjoy seeing you put him in his place for it.

Con: You fell for the bait-and-switch with Sap Sipper Gogoat.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #3177
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I forgot that Gogoat even got Sap Sipper lol.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #3178
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

What looked liked an easy win suddenly turns around but THEN??

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:53 PM   #3179
Cloneblazer12
somewhat temporarily back

Send a message via Skype™ to Cloneblazer12
hey talon, remember that one replay you posted a few months back with the guys trolling your battle with some dude? like the 40 or so peeps spewing random bullshit? well guess what i just ran into =]
Old 09-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #3180
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

That's Showderp, a group of people on /vp/ that play with random shitmons on the bottom of OU and troll/heckle/generally be asses. It's pretty harmless, typically, since they tend to run really shit teams intentionally. A lot of their battles are fun to watch, I think, but if you aren't a fan of their brand of idiocy, YMMV.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #3181
Heather
Naga's Voice

So I made a Karen team. Look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #3182
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Most of it was okay, but their comments about Pinsir were pretty funny.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #3183
Emi

ugh god i got cancer from their stupidity
Old 09-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #3184
Heather
Naga's Voice

What Blaze said.

Just

WHY
Why do people think this is funny? This is just...the hell!?

Quote:
Old 09-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #3185
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
hey talon, remember that one replay you posted a few months back with the guys trolling your battle with some dude? like the 40 or so peeps spewing random bullshit? well guess what i just ran into =]
I'm not sure which display is uglier. When I fought the /vp/ knight, he was politely silent throughout while the crowd were just monstrous. Even when I won in the end, the crowd was downright venomous towards me. When you fought the /vp/ knight, on the other hand, the crowd turned against their chosen one when it became clear that you were going to win. And your opponent did not remain silent during the battle -- he jeered at you early on and wept in the end. The way he begged for his audience to give him one last chance, it felt like a man who has made a deal with the Devil begging for one last chance to accomplish some mission before the Devil whisk his soul away to an eternity in Hell. Which crowd was worse? I'm not sure. Both make me feel uncomfortable.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #3186
Heather
Naga's Voice

Hunting for Talon's recount of said other /vp/ knight, I stumbled upon some of my old replays.

OH GOD THE PAIN OF THE INEPTITUDE

Quote:
Old 09-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #3187
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Decided to play a few casual, unrated games on Pokémon Y using a thrown-together team of Staraptor, Greninja, Cinccino, Gengar, Gardevoir, and Togekiss. So much glass! Most of my opponents have seemed to be kids who don't have much experience battling. (Example: One kid switched in his half-dead Weavile after my Mega Gardevoir had used Psychic against his Scarf Magmortar and taken off 80% of its HP. He was clearly hoping I would use Psychic again but just as clearly doesn't understand that Moonblast is 100% what I will use in that situation since it's guaranteed to do at least 40% HP damage to Magmortar, more than enough for the KO, and will also hit any possible Weavile switch-in.) However, I suffered my first and so far only loss to a team which ran a surprisingly tough Chansey. On Turn 1, Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird (I had expected him to anticipate Close Combat and to switch out to Dragonite) only managed <50% HP, ensuring a 3HKO had Staraptor not died first. That's pretty crazy. I figured I would not get the OHKO because of Eviolite, but to not even get the 2HKO, geez ...
Old 09-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #3188
Cloneblazer12

I had a good laugh from it. My favorite part was when they told me that I aboos my pokeymans. God that had me cracking up. That, and when the guy thougt he was so clever when he killed my a Magnezone with earthquake when I trapped it. I didn't Even need to kill it lol.

I hen followed them to the next few battles, and god did those ppl make the opposing players feel bad. I mean, I know that Jynx is bad in OU, but holy crap this one guy they nagged on really took a beating. I get it's all in good fun, but still, tone it down a bit :/
Old 09-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #3189
Heather
Naga's Voice

So I battled someone today, ingame. We weren't doing all comp rules, I mean of we were he wouldn't be able to use 5/6 of his team. So this guy I'm pretty sure uses powersave, after all I've seen 999x Park Balls in his Bag. So I'm like "Hey I want to give my mono-fighting team a spin, wanna battle me?" "Sure! " Well, guess what he came at me with? A team consisting of Zoroark and five legendaries which included Arceus (lol powersave), White Kyurem, Mewtwo, Yveltal, and Zekrom.

He won, 3-0. You heard right. Against a squad of a Zororak and five legends, a mono fighting squad cobbled of improperly trained and non IV bred Pokémon managed to score three kills. On Zoroark, Zekrom, and, wait for it...Arceus.

The thing is, this kid still thinks he's good. He thought that his White Kyurem would stand up to anything on said squad. He clearly does not know the meaning of Kyurem's ice typing meeting an Adaptability Aura Sphere from MegaLuke.

But all that aside, I REALLY hate people like this. REALLY hate them. I mean, use legends fine by me. But if you're using a near full squad of them, lose an Arceus to a horribly trained COBALION, and only manage to win 3-0? Do NOT claim to be in any way good.

I know it's a bit off topic but unless you've got another thread for this (in which case link me and I'll move this) it's gotta be here,

Quote:
Old 09-11-2014, 12:54 AM   #3190
Emi

So I just watched the Finals for the Masters World Championship.

Holy shit that Pachirisu. I might want to try Follow Me in VGC. I know that Amooncent was a common core back in Gen V because of Rage Powder, but obviously it doesn't seem like Amoonguss is legal.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #3191
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
So I just watched the Finals for the Masters World Championship.

Holy shit that Pachirisu. I might want to try Follow Me in VGC. I know that Amooncent was a common core back in Gen V because of Rage Powder, but obviously it doesn't seem like Amoonguss is legal.
Amoongus is legal. It's just that the world's best all are prepared to answer it in a number of ways. Ways that don't affect Pachirisu:
  • Rage Powder fails against Grass types. Follow Me does not.
  • Rage Powder fails against Safety Goggles. Follow Me does not.
Sejun used Pachirisu for a number of reasons. One core reason was Volt Absorb: it had good defensive synergy with Gyarados, as Pachirisu could use Follow Me to redirect all Electric attacks to it save for Discharge.

You can read more about this in our discussion thread for Worlds 2014. (Maybe?) And you can read lots more about it on Nugget Bridge. Specifically: Scott Glaza's postgame analysis.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:38 AM   #3192
Emi

As far as I can tell we don't have a discussion thread? It's a little odd.

Greninja creates a come-from-behind win, with a little help from Mega Tyranitar's bulk.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #3193
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
As far as I can tell we don't have a discussion thread? It's a little odd.
Three pages' worth. Though I haven't peeked inside to verify how much we discussed Pachirisu that weekend. Anyway, the NB link I provided has more than got you covered as far as understanding why Pachirisu was a good pick for Sejun's team but may not be so hot a pick for others'.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:32 AM   #3194
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Forest's Curse is a cool move.

It is SUCH a shame that Trevenant has such horrible stats. His Speed especially is criminally low. I get that he's a walking tree, but could he step it up at least a little? Either that or have an actually good set of defenses.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #3195
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Finally back above 1400. (VGC 2014, 9 turns)

The battle went fine until the very last turn, at which point my opponent -- who had been prompt in his orders up until then -- decided to go afk. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that something legitimate came up, given that he didn't leave the room until several minutes after I was awarded the win, but still. :\ He didn't say anything when he returned. Just silently left. Meh.

It's funny. I felt in command of this game from like Turn 3 forward, and I think the final score of 3-0 reflects this; and yet when I watch the battle replay, I can't help but be surprised at how it looks like "I should lose" given all of the switches I'm making, how well his Rage Powders appear to be thwarting me, etc. I have a lot of lost turns, and yet it didn't feel that way at all. I guess that's why I came out 3-0 in the end. And at the same time why it may have felt so surprising to my opponent that he possibly went afk in a huff.

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: DON'T SAY "gg" IF YOU'RE NOT READY TO FORFEIT AND THE GAME ISN'T OVER YET! (VGC 2014, 5 turns)

I still end up winning, but man if this isn't frustrating when somebody tells you "gg, I've lost, good game man," like a solid minute passes, and then he decides he wants to continue to play after all. This particular one was REALLY bad because I INVITED him to continue playing and he was like, "Naw, man, I've lost for sure." WELL THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING ON!? O_o WHY DON'T YOU FORFEIT!?!?!?

Geez. -.-;

Last edited by Talon87; 09-11-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #3196
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I didn't get the impression that you were losing at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. Your opponent's Garchomp was his offensive core, and it spent most of its time trying not to get kilt by your offense. Garchomp's only Dragon move was Dragon Claw, which wasn't doing much damage, and he held Substitute, Protect, and what, Earthquake? Most of his time was spent not-dying from your attacks. Terrible offensive core. It's one thing to have an Amoongus take hits for you, but let's not pretend that those Rage Powders were doing terribly much for him strategically. Most of his time was spent on Substitutes, and Dragon Claw was consistently playing the part of a 4HKO rather than being any significant threat. Strategically, you were able to ignore Garchomp all game.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:19 AM   #3197
Cloneblazer12

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-162593065

Probably my worst battle in my entire competitive career. Just why.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #3198
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I literally said "Oh my god" out loud on that last turn. Totally undeserved win.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #3199
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-162593065

Probably my worst battle in my entire competitive career. Just why.
You messed up with the final Magnezone switch-in, I feel. And if Latias runs any other offensive moves besides Draco Meteor (unlikely; I give you more credit than this) then you obviously erred there as well.

Strategy-wise, I don't think that was as terrible as your title suggests. Yeah, you went from 4-1 to 0-1, but that's the nature of a bulky Dragon Dancer. If anything, you're super lucky that he didn't have Crunch or Dark Pulse on his Tyranitar. That would've ended things the moment you were down to just Latias.

Opponent-wise, he was a stupid, yappy little dog. Yeah, he was impolite and soured the game, but he wasn't the worst opponent you've ever faced, I'm sure. Just yesterday, I comfortably won a game 2-0, but on the final turn my opponent missed, allowing me the 2-0 instead of what would have otherwise been the guaranteed 1-0. (Like, my remaining guy was at full health, COULD NOT be one-hit KOed, was faster, and could KO in just one hit with 95% certainty.) When the miss happened and I won the game 2-0, my opponent, who had been quiet the entire game, says "Fucking get cancer and die" and immediately leaves. That's not the worst I've ever seen either, but I think that's a lot more toxic than your yappy little chihuahua.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #3200
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
And Ubers is turned on its head once more.
I personally think that Ubers will be a lot more fun with Primal Groudon. At the moment, there really isn't any argument that the metagame is pretty shit at the moment. It's so bad that PO is actually moving to ban Geomancy from the Uber tier. Kyogre - Xerneas teams are so common its insane. I don't think anyone doubts that Xerneas is the most powerful Pokemon in the game at the moment, I think that's all but confirmed fact. Kyogre has always been a staple in Ubers since its inception and the fact that it gives Xerneas a 100% accurate Thunder is the main reason the two are paired together.

However, Primal Groudon could very well change this. Kyogre is near useless against it (although timing their Primal Reversions is key to this match-up) since the only move it has now to hit it is Ice Beam. Now, these calcs are obviously conjectural, and until we know its base stats for certain these can change, but its food for thought on how the match-up will go down.

Quote:
252+ Atk Groudon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Kyogre: 216-255 (53.5 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Quote:
252+ SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Groudon: 130-153 (32.2 - 37.9%) -- 95.7% chance to 3HKO
That's really pretty significant. Groudon scores the 2HKO while Kyogre manages to keep a 3HKO. When the stats are released these calcs will no doubt change, and I don't think that this will allow them to have items (In fact, I'll even conjecture that the Red Orb and Blue Orb will become held items for this very purpose.)

Onto Xerneas.

Quote:
252+ Atk Groudon Earthquake vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 202-238 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
Quote:
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Groudon: 313-369 (77.6 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Even with little Special Defense investment (and its likely he is still going to get a bulk boost), Focus Blast a +2 fails to get the OHKO. Given Focus Blast's sub-par accuracy, this is a big deal.

Quote:
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Groudon: 248-292 (61.5 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
But this IS a big deal, and so a 248 / 252+ / 8 set probably won't be standard. It's going to need to run some special defense investment, but its ability to instantly apply pressure onto Xerneas and avoid the KO is really good. It's a balancing force for the metagame.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON