UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 04-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Difference between B&W official guides?

As usual I'm looking ta pick up the latest POKéMON guides but I'm kinda sitting here confused about which to get. There's three of 'em which makes things more complicated! Volume 1 is a B&W walkthrough guide and Volume 2 is a Unova 'dex guide. But theres also a special edition guide which has the walkthrough and claims to have the 'dex stuff to! But the page counts come out so different (256 pgs, 352 pgs, 336 pgs) that the special edition must obviously not have everything. Maybe I should just get all 3 -_-?
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I assume you are buying them for fandom purposes since the internet is a free dex and walkthru. Personally I would only grab the dex. Walkthrus aren't really worth it and make people play games like they were checklists instead of exploring a gameworld.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
I had the dex for 4th gen and it was really cool and actually quite useful. I'd say go for that.

Trainer Level 5 - KOs:106 TP:274.5 SP:7.5 C+ Referee
Fighting Gym Leader
39 - 23 - 13
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

They all have passwords for getting Global Link stuff, so I'd say get them all.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
I assume you are buying them for fandom purposes since the internet is a free dex and walkthru. Personally I would only grab the dex. Walkthrus aren't really worth it and make people play games like they were checklists instead of exploring a gameworld.
Yupyup! I've been getting the guides since the originals were out! Never once referenced 'em while playing through the games, I just find 'em fun to pull out and read/look at the nice pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebos View Post
I had the dex for 4th gen and it was really cool and actually quite useful. I'd say go for that.
The Platinum guide is bigger than my phonebook lol. So is the two Hg/Ss guides stacked upon one another. Looking at the page count of these they don't quite match up. I wonder if there will be a Volume 3: International Pokédex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
They all have passwords for getting Global Link stuff, so I'd say get them all.
Don't got the games so I dunno what that all does but I'll keep the codes in mind just in case! Getting all 3 would cost me $42.89... hmmm. Decisions!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON