UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2022, 02:24 PM   #126
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge
 
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Dragonland
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat: A silent exchange shoots back and forth between the minds of Cy and Wurmple, ultimately resulting in the latter psychically reaching out and analyzing the auras of the strange trainer and Rowlet they've just encountered.

Po the Rowlet's aura is soft, yet clear and easy to read - predominantly a rich, grassy green, flecked with sunny rays of beaming yellow, as if peering through a forest canopy from below. Trusting and open-hearted, Po's unconcealed thoughts can be read like an open book; he seems to be wondering why Cy and Wurmple have come here, and so poorly dressed, besides. The Rowlet seems to have observed that most researchers who come to this island are overprepared, if anything... Even so, this departure from the norm seems to create intrigue and curiosity in the Rowlet's mind, rather than suspicion. Po also seems to be associating the invitation of guests inside with a particularly warm and satisfying meal shared among them, and he is hoping that it will be curry this time - bitter apple curry is Po's favorite! At this point, Po's thoughts are completely overwhelmed with visions of his favorite food; his eyes glisten wistfully as his stomach rumbles. Overall, Po radiates a natural energy of gentle inquisitiveness.

As for the woman, her aura shines blindingly bright red - an aura of deep passion, strong will, high self-confidence and intense fearlessness. This burning light conceals her inner thoughts somewhat, though from what Wurmple can pick up, her immediate focus is on providing the new arrivals with a warm meal and possibly some coats, if she can find a pair that will fit them. Wurmple senses that the invitation may come with ulterior motives, though not particularly sinister ones - this woman, too, is curious about unfamiliar faces, though unlike her Pokemon, she is slightly more guarded and suspicious underneath her friendly exterior... Then again, such reservations seem reasonable, given that Cy and Wurmple's arrival is completely unexpected. Additionally, her thoughts seem to circle around "an ounce of prevention" - whatever her role is, it seems to be in her best interest to keep the people around her well-equipped, well-fed and out of trouble. As she is being analyzed, where Cy perceives an awkward pause, the woman spots an opportunity to give the pair a thorough once-over; it doesn't take a psychic to perceive that she's looking for clues as to their associations and motives.

In response to his introduction, the woman takes Cy's hand, shaking it firmly. "Damn right it's cold out there - you don't have to tell me!" The woman grins widely. "Pleased to meet you, Cy. The name's Kozue, and that ball of a bird over there is Po. Search and Rescue's our specialty - my Pokemon and I are trained and certified on both Mt. Coronet and Quiescent Glacier. Here's hoping our paths don't cross too often out there, eh?" Kozue gives Cy a wink. "Of course, when we're not out on the mountain, We're here managing the camp - keeping the paths swept, keeping unwelcome beasties from going where they don't belong, addressing supply shortages, that sort of thing."


Cy nodded along smilingly, Kozue's outgoing energy softening his guard somewhat. He relaxed his shoulders, and as Kozue finished her explanation, another voice popped up, this one far more familiar.

Right. The Rowlet is rather a simple one, type advantage or not I think we'd have no trouble with him. Though we won't have to - I sense nothing out of the ordinary from Kozue. She's pretty much as she appears to be, barring a bit of reasonable distrust. Wurmple rattled off his findings as he retreated his mental feelers. He heard Cy's quiet thanks and bobbed his head. He peeked out of Cy's coat, taking a breath of fresh air to help the headache fade. I... probably shouldn't have exerted myself so much, He thought, blinking as his vision wavered before settling back into its usual blue tinge. Still, such a thorough examination of their auras is impressive.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post

Kozue takes a few steps back, motioning for Cy and Wurmple to come inside the trailer. "How about you? What brings you and your Wurmple to the Glacier?"

How do Cy and Wurmple respond?


With Wurmple assuaging his suspicions, Cy took a breath out, meeting Kozue's eyes. "Well, it's a bit difficult to explain, and quite a long story at that." he said, idly running a hand through his wild hair fruitlessly. He stepped up to the trailer and made to enter as he explained. "Y'see, a few years ago- " He stopped as Wurmple spoke up in his mind.

Dangerous or not, is it wise to freely hand over such information? He asked.

You'd know better than me. Cy shot back. Wurmple cocked his head, thinking.

Even Dracen doesn't know the full story... He said at length.

We came here to get answers, Wurmple. To get them, we need to provide the right questions. Cy replied, matching the little Bug's usual formal tone.

But to the first person we meet... ? Wurmple wondered, shaking his head. Cy rolled his eyes, which made him realize that he was still standing with one foot through the entrance of the trailer. Kozue may not have noticed the previous pause, but there was no avoiding this one. He cleared his throat awkwardly and decided he didn't really have a choice but to pretend it hadn't happened. "Er, right." He said, stepping fully into the trailer, "Well, a few years ago, there was this... " He sighed. Wurmple's concerns and his own wariness were overpowering his anxiousness for answers, which meant that as much as he hated to admit it, he thought Wurmple was right. "...Something terrible's happened to Wurmple, and I don't know what it is or how to fix it. It's so unusual I didn't think anyone would be able to help, but I heard that the people here specialized in 'odd phenomena', so I thought maybe... " He trailed off, but the rest of the sentence wasn't difficult to guess.
__________________
Dracen, Dragon Trainer

Cy, Bug Trainer


FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:39 AM   #127
Lil'twick
XI - The Hermit
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Paradise Lost
Posts: 4,916
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
ChrisClark13-

Pondering for a moment, you feel that this entire thing was a trap by the woman you were with. The Garchomp seemed to be well behaved, especially since the thing had been chasing you down ever since you arrived here. Rip and tear, to guts and bone. If that was its orders, it seemed to be trying to do a pretty damn good job of it. Though, if that was certainly the case, then you were played fool and fiddle.

You then wonder where your items were, realizing that your treat bag might grab your Pokemon's attention. Perhaps, if they were able to awake, then they'd be able to help. So, scanning the room, you manage to find your bag hanging high from a hook. With some luck, you may be able to get to it and try and get yourself freed.

Though, there was the issue with the chains around your legs. You couldn't tell how much mobility you had, but it wasn't a lot. There was no chance of getting up, so you had to inch your way across the floor. This, of course, caused the rattling of chains. Yet, the loud noises do not stir your Pokemon.

It does, however, alert your kidnapper. You hear an old iron door open, and see Yang walk through the door. Her garb was completely different than before. Flowing blue robes that shimmered like fire, and a pendant of a blue sun hanging from her neck. Her hair was let loose, and her eyes were burning as bright as a star. Definitely something wrong with her.

"Trying to escape, my sacrifice? Curtis dear, you were so gullible it's pitiful. Oh well," she states before stomping on your back.

"Thank you for dealing with that pest, by the way. Slaughtering my workers... trying to prevent me from getting my catalysts. My lord wasn't very happy, you know. So, that shark should be enjoying its icy prison still," she cackled, giving a half-hearted thanks for what you did to the Garchomp. Seems it wasn't working for her, but trying to stop her.

"Now dear, I need to start this ritual. I'll deal with you soon, I need to prepare the vessel," she states.

She then walks over to the captured Minior, and begins to chant.

"Iä! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthugha Fomalhaut n'gha-ghaa naf'lthagn!" she shouts, and you hear the Minior screech.

It was a mixture of shattering glass and the bellows of a primordial being. The star begins to burn a bright blue, and gets inglufed in flames. The Pokemon looks like it could barely handle what was going on, but its screams continued to persist. Some kind of eldritch deity was trying to use it as a host, but it needed more.

"Mmm, good. Now Curtis, dear, I'll give you a choice. You can become my thrall, and choose to sacrifice one of your Pokemon. Or, sacrifice yourself, and let them live. I'm feeling generous today, especially with the help you gave me," she tells you with a sly smile.

How do you respond?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:22 PM   #128
Marion Ette
Blue Rose
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,562
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat: A thorough read of Po and Kozue's auras may have been taxing on Wurmple, but the results were well worth the peace of mind. With his anxieties alleviated somewhat, Cy begins to explain his reason for traveling to Quiescent Glacier, warning that the story is both lengthy and difficult to explain. With a hop, Po approaches Cy, tilting his head with eager curiosity. Much as the Rowlet loved bitter apple curry, if there was one thing that could take his mind off of food, it was a good story! This excitement, of course, gives way to confusion, as the story never comes - instead, both Kozue and Po are made to endure an inexplicable, uncomfortable pause. The pair look at each other for a moment; though there's no evidence of telepathy between the two, their shared look does seem to communicate something that even Wurmple is not privy to.

Finally, Cy provides a very careful, evasive answer about something terrible having happened to Wurmple, which defied all normal explanation and conventional attempts to remedy. His last hope was to find specialists in odd phenomena, such as those who lived and studied on the Glacier.

At this, Kozue gives Po a sharp nod, and his eyes shine brightly for a moment or two. Both Cy and Wurmple are likely to feel the effects of Po's Foresight, but perhaps more disturbingly, Po doesn't seem to be focusing his gaze on either of them - no, he's looking behind them.

"All clear!" the bird chirps, in Pokémon language. Even if Kozue doesn't understand the exact translation, the meaning seems to be adequately expressed, and she nods with acceptance of Po's analysis.

"Don't mind Po," Kozue remarks brightly, though an undercurrent of concern clearly lurks beneath her friendliness. "He's just checking to make sure nothing nasty followed you here." Kozue shakes her head a bit, gritting her teeth, as if trying to will away some particularly bad memories. "By the sound o' things, you already know this, but... Well, it isn't just avalanches and wild beasties we have to worry about on QG." The momentarily pained look fading from her face, Kozue makes a motion for Po, Cy and Wurmple to come inside the trailer, as she approaches a bookshelf in the far corner, loaded with what appears to be research manuscripts. "As for your odd phenomenon, I think I know someone who might be able to help. Just need to find his... ugh, this is supposed to be alphabetized by last name... I really thought the song would help Po remember how to sort these..."

Warmth envelops Cy and Wurmple in the Research Trailer that his new acquaintances call home. The trailer has a small, yet well-equipped built-in kitchen, a table with wrap-around seating for enjoying meals, and a massive bed - presumably tailor-made for its massive occupant. Above the bed, a small, dark nook with nesting materials, feathers and plush toys seems the likely place where Po enjoys his naps. The bulk of the trailer's size seems to be devoted to a number of closets and chests, containing various items of food and gear suited to mountainous exploration. As Kozue rummages through the manuscripts on the bookshelf, Po uses his beak and claws to open up what appears to be a fresh shipment of rations on the kitchen counter - and he chirps with delight at the sight of packs upon packs labeled "Bitter Apple Curry with Rice". Po hops over to a smaller chest, changing out of his little white coat, and putting a tiny chef's hat on his head. It seems that it's Po's responsibility to prepare the rations - a job he seems to take particular delight in right now. As he works, he whistles the Alphabet song in Pokemon language:

"Z Y X C B V G! H I J A O P Q M D! 7 8 9, E E E, something something something, A B C... Now I know my A B Cs! Next time, won't you sing with me?"

"OH!" Kozue shouts in recognition, as she grabs a particularly thick manuscript from her shelf. "Here we are... The esteemed research of Professor Honeylocust. They just call him Locust for short. Right now, he's got a small team of Bug-Type Specialists out here to study the baffling behaviors of Snom observed living in the Frozen Expanse, but that's just the latest of many mysteries they've set out to solve in the Bug-Type world. If Wurmple's the one with the problem, he might be able to help you find the solution... but you'll have to find him out there."

She gently places the manuscript on the dining table, motioning for Cy to sit down and take a look. "'Course, if you don't think he's the right person for your friend's troubles... You're gonna have to be a liiiiittle more specific about what kinds of phenomena we're dealing with, here."

How will Cy and Wurmple respond?
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:05 PM   #129
PippiTallsocks
Boulder Badge
 
PippiTallsocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: wildin' out. {she/her}
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Pippi-

The Oddish seems curious as you extend your hand out towards it. It goes up to you and seems to sniff you. It was charming in its own kind of way. Yet, you remembered its potent powders and felt that it would certainly not be something that you wanted to deal with at this time. Especially, if you were interpreting this right, it wasn't happy its nap was interrupted.

Taking out a Pokeball, you send out your Noibat. Rauw, blinking a bit, looks at the plant as he hears his orders. The little bat sends out supersonic sounds from its head ears/speakers, that washes over the plant and confuses it. You could soon see it stepping from side to side in a daze.

Then, your Pokemon continues, hitting it with a point-blank, deafening screech. This snaps the Oddish out of its confusion, and it looks terrified as it releases a cloud of Stun Spore. You and Rauw could feel the paralysis creeping up your body as the Oddish runs away. Through the cloud, you could see its form running towards the jungle, crying as it does so.

Perhaps you were too harsh on the little thing? After all, if you were woken up by a strange person who seemed friendly and then screamed at you, wouldn't you act the same as it? Well, it seemed to at least be a lead, and excuse, to start your scouting excursion into the rainforest ahead. Well, once that paralysis wears off.

What do you do?
I...ggggk....mmmay have...ggkk...misinterperated our plant friend as sizing us up, and not just simply looking at us, I think Harper muses, shaking out her legs and arms, and checking on the well being of her Noibat before returning him to his ball. Still, Oddish was indeed on the get'em list for acquisitions, and it did seem to have headed inland, corresponding with the direction she had previously chosen to move to continue her survey, so there does not seem to be a use trying to avoid another confrontation with the small blue onion boy. She jams her socks and boots back on her feet, stomps her heels into them, and sets off toward the forest after the fleeing Oddish.
__________________

FIZBY
::
LUCIA
| | | | |
[logain][phaedra][dashiva][disra][mesa][thora]
-+-
HARPER
| | | |
[bushwick][rauw][hartha][gaved][salome]
-+-
???
| | |
[harrow][gideon][chandra][kassogtha]
::
MAKE BABY

Last edited by PippiTallsocks; 04-15-2022 at 10:23 AM.
PippiTallsocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 01:48 PM   #130
Lil'twick
XI - The Hermit
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Paradise Lost
Posts: 4,916
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Chase me through the parking lot

Pippi-

Realizing your mistake, and feeling the paralysis leave your body, you get ready to enter the jungle ahead. The Weed Pokemon was certainly on your list of pokemon to acquire, so it was certainly good bait. Collecting yourself, you dress your feet and get ready to make the trek from sand to soil.

The first thing you feel as you enter the rain forest was the humidity. It was dense, and the air quality felt worse than on the coast. The taste of ash still hung in the air, and it clings to your taste buds. All sorts of pollens mix into it, causing an itchy sensation to mix into it. Seems this was the active season for the plant Pokemon that made this place home, so there were certainly more than a few threats to be wary of.

Making your way through the foliage, you soon see a clearing up before you. It was a small one, and you could see a few Pokemon there. One of which was the Oddish who you had awoke, identifiable by the sand still covering its feet. It also looked a bit larger than the other oddish surrounding it, perhaps an older specimen? Besides Oddish, you could see two Gloom at the center of the pack. They all were looking at an alter with curiosity, with something placed on top. From the looks of it, a Big Root.

While faint, you could see some sort of act depicted on the altar. It is easier if you could get a closer look, either in person or with your camera. Though, with the strange happenings involving the camera while Bushwick was scouting earlier, that may not be the best idea. Still, it was an option. Though, it might interrupt whatever these Pokemon were doing here if you go up to look at it now.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 02:26 PM   #131
Zelphon
League President
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Sniz Mobile
Posts: 2,704
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Quiescent Glacier
Please reply in PowderBlue


An oddity to be sure, this glacier is more than enough to sink the grandest of ships and then some, measuring just as large as any of the other islands, though the term is definitely loose here. Having at some point floated into the southwestern point of the Archipelago, the glacier seems to have halted its movement entirely, a phenomenon unknown to the scientific world. Since its discovery, some researchers have set up on its base to study this curious event, only to repeatedly end up with more questions than they have answers. From strange frozen formations on the outside to a rumored endless void within, every inch of this place teems with beauty, though it may be difficult to describe it as natural. Between these landmarks and the halted movement in the sea, many believe that this glacier was called here, destined to fill the empty slot of the circle of islands for some reason. Whether staring into the white expanse above the island, or delving into the frozen caverns below, adventures are likely to lose, or perhaps even find, a part of themselves in these slopes.

[B]Sub Areas:

Perpetual Spiral [Shadow Zone]: At the center of the caverns lies a large pit, the light and colors of the area disappearing into the center as it seems to stretch on forever. With the glacier known to not be connected to the ocean floor, the fact that this spiraling staircase seems to go on forever befuddles even the most astute of researchers, and any information as to why this assumed illusion occurs is sure to be met with reward.

Having been clued into the rather unusual nature of the Quiescent Glacier by a collogue and fellow Cipher deserter who like many had taken up to researching the anomalous location from a camp located at the base.

Upon arriving Marietta is treated to a short debriefing about a particular point of interest known as the "w" located in the center of the monolithic mound of ice.

Agreeing to try her luck with checking out this location in hopes of discovering powerful natural-born shadow pokemon Marietta leaves her signature Dragon-type pokemon Stella with her friend and equips a defaced Cipher Winter-ops outfit and jacket before embarking towards her new destination.

Knowing the place to be dangerous Marietta fishes a strangely festive ball out of one of her pockets before thrusting it in front of her and exclaiming "Come forth my darkest servant, your service is hereby requested Shubi of the dark forest!"

A rather unamused Shadow Stantler answering the call in a flash of red and white light before wandering ahead of her trainer in begrudging compliance with their trainer's orders.
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:29 PM   #132
Heather
Naga's Voice
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: somewhere gay idk
Posts: 3,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Unreal Archipelago: Zone of Mysteries

Conflagrant Spire
Please reply in IndianRed

At the northeast of the Archipelago can be found the Conflagrant Spire, an active volcano that has formed into an incredibly tall and thin tower of a mountain. The spire itself finds itself to the far west side of the island, with the land below stretching and reaching out, as if attempting to grab out at the island far to the south. The nutrient rich soil hosts lush plantlife and a wide variety of fauna, leaving this what would be the most naturally beautiful of all the islands. That beauty hides a horrible secret, however, relics of times past that hint at terrible rituals that were once conducted here in the name of ancient deities. Those who have braved the island have yet to find anything resembling human life, yet these horrid sites remain clean, as though used only yesterday. It is unknown when the Spire last erupted, let alone when it will again, but a temple at its top gives hint that it must have been some time ago.

Thermal Cliffs: What at first seems to be impassibly steep cliffs turns out to be carved paths spiraling along the mountainside in all directions, all of which look to have been made as if by hand and well maintained. Small lava spouts break out in various locations, and the resulting thermals make for excellent winds for airborne Pokemon large and small, while what spouts have cooled have been turned largely into dens used by those that would feast on their nests.
The Conflagrant Spire was many things, depending on who you asked. Skeptics would say, "it's just a volcano" while those of a more superstitious persuasion would say it was anything from an active dark ritual sacrifice site to a point of a pentagram poised to summon a terrible evil from the ocean's depths. But none of those rumors were of all that much interest to Catharine. No, her particular interests were of a much more practical nature.

If you asked Catharine Park what the Conflagrant Spire was, she would answer that it was a mountain to climb, and nothing more. And sure, the Quiescent Glacier had a much taller peak to scale by all rights, but Catharine was enthusiastic about climbing, not foolish. With her team as it stood, she was ill-equipped for such a climb. And that was no small part of why she had come here, hoping to come by a strong Fire-Type, or perhaps two, to help further her preparations for that eventuality.

Still, Catharine somewhat bemoaned the state of the cliffs-their actual shape was perfect for a rigorous and challenging climb, but the sporadic appearances of lava flows from the rock walls made it far too unsafe to even consider that sort of endeavor. She would have to stick to the trails on this one. Though, it wasn't all bad, as that meant Catharine had more options in terms of which Pokémon would accompany her on the climb. More to the point, she could select a Pokémon less bothered by the intense heat of the area.

"This place is...eerie, to put it lightly." Fortuna said, shivering almost imperceptibly. "By all means, it's an ordinary trail...inasmuch as one could find on an active volcano. Yet, I keep getting a chill...something's not right about this place." the Carbink said.

"I'm too busy sweating to feel anything of the sort." Catharine replied, taking a swig from her canteen. She had to be careful with how much she drank, it certainly wouldn't do to run out of water far up the mountain, and have none for the descending trip. But even dressing about as lightly as she could get away with, the Spire was hot enough to remind her of the deserts of Orre, and have her sweating buckets. She might be able to get up to the the mountaintop if she was careful...but she certainly wouldn't be able to stay very long.

"Then I shall count it among my lady's many blessings that I am less bothered by such intense heat. But you will be alright, yes?" Fortuna responded.

"I'll manage, provided things don't go too far off the rails. But I'll be the first to admit that's a big if on an active volcano." Catharine answered, picking up her pace a bit. "The lava flows coming out of the walls are going to be problematic for sure. Be careful, keep an eye out for anything unusual." Catharine said, as the pair continued up the trail.

"Of course, Catharine. May our outing be prosperous." Fortuna replied, keeping an eye on the cliffs.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 03:43 PM   #133
Marion Ette
Blue Rose
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,562
Zelphon - Marietta arrives at QG Base Camp with the intent of discovering powerful Shadow Pokémon at the mysterious glacier's core. After receiving a quick debrief from a colleague and leaving her Dragon Pokémon in their care, the ex-Cipher member sets off to explore the Perpetual Spiral, dressed appropriately for the icy climate. Of course, she also calls forth her "darkest servant" to guide her, which Shubi does - albeit begrudgingly.

The briefing at Base Camp provides Marietta with crucial information on her quest. First and foremost, the path to the center of the glacier would necessitate travel through Rainbow Caverns, and Marietta is urged to keep her eyes and mind focused on the darkness of her destination, for the beautiful, multicolored lights surrounding her were known for their siren-like pull and madness-inducing qualities. Fortunately, for one such as Marietta, keeping her mind focused and entrenched in darkness is quite easy, indeed. With her Shadow Stantler navigating the path exactly as explained without faltering, they come to the center of the caverns, and the large, spiral staircase nestled in a circular pit which seems to go on for eternity. All color seems to fade - no, fall, somehow - into the pit, doomed never to resurface. More than darkness, this was the fatal descent of light. In such a place, one could never be too careful with one's footing... Especially since no one's seemed to bother with installing railings.

Following Shubi's measured steps down the first few rotations of the staircase, Marietta can't shake the feeling that she's being followed down the stairs. Though her colleague had warned her that such thoughts and sensations were to be expected, and despite there being no sounds or movement out of the corner of her eye to support these thoughts, they seem to get more and more persistent as Marietta descends. Perhaps if she turns back and retraces her steps, she would discover the source of this feeling... or possibly, just waste a bunch of time. After all, it would stand to reason that the more powerful Shadow Pokémon were further down the pit, and it was entirely possible that the sudden onset of paranoia was simply the effect of the increasingly dark and shadow-influenced location she now explored...

What will Marietta and Shubi do?
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 01:38 PM   #134
Zelphon
League President
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Sniz Mobile
Posts: 2,704
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Zelphon - Marietta arrives at QG Base Camp with the intent of discovering powerful Shadow Pokémon at the mysterious glacier's core. After receiving a quick debrief from a colleague and leaving her Dragon Pokémon in their care, the ex-Cipher member sets off to explore the Perpetual Spiral, dressed appropriately for the icy climate. Of course, she also calls forth her "darkest servant" to guide her, which Shubi does - albeit begrudgingly.

The briefing at Base Camp provides Marietta with crucial information on her quest. First and foremost, the path to the center of the glacier would necessitate travel through Rainbow Caverns, and Marietta is urged to keep her eyes and mind focused on the darkness of her destination, for the beautiful, multicolored lights surrounding her were known for their siren-like pull and madness-inducing qualities. Fortunately, for one such as Marietta, keeping her mind focused and entrenched in darkness is quite easy, indeed. With her Shadow Stantler navigating the path exactly as explained without faltering, they come to the center of the caverns, and the large, spiral staircase nestled in a circular pit which seems to go on for eternity. All color seems to fade - no, fall, somehow - into the pit, doomed never to resurface. More than darkness, this was the fatal descent of light. In such a place, one could never be too careful with one's footing... Especially since no one's seemed to bother with installing railings.

Following Shubi's measured steps down the first few rotations of the staircase, Marietta can't shake the feeling that she's being followed down the stairs. Though her colleague had warned her that such thoughts and sensations were to be expected, and despite there being no sounds or movement out of the corner of her eye to support these thoughts, they seem to get more and more persistent as Marietta descends. Perhaps if she turns back and retraces her steps, she would discover the source of this feeling... or possibly, just waste a bunch of time. After all, it would stand to reason that the more powerful Shadow Pokémon were further down the pit, and it was entirely possible that the sudden onset of paranoia was simply the effect of the increasingly dark and shadow-influenced location she now explored...

What will Marietta and Shubi do?
Finding comfort in the complete dark of their surroundings Marietta claims the transition to it from the prior area's prismatic glow as a victory for the Shadows over the tyranny of Light.

As Marietta continued to carefully follow Shubi further down the staircase a recurring and unfamiliar presence seemed to follow along, unseen by either traveler. "Be wary oh vassal, for I fear a servant of light may be stalking us as we make our pilgrimage into this sanctum of Shadows."

Shrugging off the flowery words of her trainer Shubi puts on a haughty display, the Stantler's horns briefly crackling with Shadowy energy before their orb sections glow with a dull red psionic power. Clearly confident that no one would be sneaking up on them let alone posing a threat Shubi resumes descending the staircase.

Assured, albeit perhaps foolishly in the thought that her guide would be sensing any would-be assailants Marietta "wrestles" her hand away from the rest of her pokeballs and follow Shubi's guidance.
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 03:25 PM   #135
Lil'twick
XI - The Hermit
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Paradise Lost
Posts: 4,916
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Litwick Don't stop, make it rock

Heather

Another day, another mountain. While the volcano was just a precursor to the true peak of the Archipelago, it was no walk in the park itself. With the active lava flows and sheer cliffs, this was certainly a challenge to any hiker. Not to mention the rumors of cultists and kidnappings around the area... It certainly was a risk one would have to take while taking up the climb.

Your Carbink seemed to share in that worry, but you were too entrenched in your own sweat and muscles to feel the vibe. You were more worried about stepping on an errant lava bubble... or Slugma. A burned foot would be crippling, and most likely put you out of commission for a while. If you can't beat the volcano, the glacier was a fool's errand.

Though, you do start to notice something up on the trail ahead. Well, more to the sky next to you, as a flock of Talonflame fly along the thermals of the cliff. They looked to be one of the apex predators here, and it made sense why. You soon watch as they swoop down towards the coast below, before picking up several large Remoraids and flying away.

"Beautiful... and terrifying, isn't it?" you hear a voice ahead of you ask, and you see a large woman staring you down.

She had a powerful build, both her arms and legs bulging with muscle. A small athletic tank clung to her sweat-dripping body, her bare abdominals obvious. She had dark, tanned sunkissed skin, and frizzy curly dark hair. Besides her small tank, she also wore a pair of heat-retardant shorts and steel-toed hiking boots.

"Hello, fellow hiker! The Talonflame are quite active around this time of year, breeding season. Best be careful," she gives you some advice as she heads closer, looking like her climb was on the descent.

"Right, the name is Ramona. There's an event at the top of the cliffs today, a sort of race to reach the top of the Spire. Not my cup of tea, I prefer to hike at my own leisure... but I have a feeling for a trainer such as yourself you might have interest," she trails off. At this point, you notice that there isn't a singular Pokeball on her person, just a small rucksack.

"Oh, forgive me. Your name is?" she then asks as she's about to pass you. You then notice that she towers over you, but felt a certain gentleness to her. A wizened woman of the world, looking to offer some advice to one much younger.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 05:24 PM   #136
Marion Ette
Blue Rose
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,562
Zelphon - The darkness is an old friend to Marietta, its embrace a quiet comfort despite the ever-increasing feeling of being followed. She issues a warning in her characteristic purple prose to Shubi, who wordlessly displays through the shadowy glow of her horns and the confidence of her demeanor that, if someone were indeed following them, she would most assuredly sense it - and she did not. This was more than enough reassurance for Marietta, who follows her Shadow Pokémon's guidance.

The pair continue to descend the steps, slowly and carefully. As they progress in their journey downward, shadows begin to play out of the corner of their eyes - another phenomenon Marietta had been warned against. Shapes, figures, motion that never manifested when viewed directly, but which always seemed just out of reach, just slightly out of sight, yet somehow closing in and surrounding the pair of interlopers. The uneasy feeling of being followed becomes increasingly oppressive, the imagined glare of invisible eyes nearly unbearable - until, suddenly, it stops, and all peripheral movement seems to cease.

After a moment or two of utter stillness, a strange fizzing noise echoes behind Marietta and Shubi; small, floating orbs drift from behind them, reflecting a slick, oily rainbow despite the surrounding darkness. There is something oddly beautiful about these strange manifestations - that is, until one pops against the back of Shubi's head, and the deer cries out, clearly finding the pop more painful than what would be expected of a benign bubble. Was Shubi... being attacked by fizzy bubbles? Marietta had been thoroughly prepared for a variety of unsettling and bizarre events, but this was certainly not one of them.

Despite the origin of the sinister spheres seeming to be directly behind them, there doesn't appear to be anything there, but the very real sore spot behind Shubi's head and the tiny beads of water in the Shadow Stantler's fur serve as evidence that this was no mere phantasm...

What will Marietta and Shubi do?
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 12:22 PM   #137
Zelphon
League President
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Sniz Mobile
Posts: 2,704
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Zelphon - The darkness is an old friend to Marietta, its embrace a quiet comfort despite the ever-increasing feeling of being followed. She issues a warning in her characteristic purple prose to Shubi, who wordlessly displays through the shadowy glow of her horns and the confidence of her demeanor that, if someone were indeed following them, she would most assuredly sense it - and she did not. This was more than enough reassurance for Marietta, who follows her Shadow Pokémon's guidance.

The pair continue to descend the steps, slowly and carefully. As they progress in their journey downward, shadows begin to play out of the corner of their eyes - another phenomenon Marietta had been warned against. Shapes, figures, motion that never manifested when viewed directly, but which always seemed just out of reach, just slightly out of sight, yet somehow closing in and surrounding the pair of interlopers. The uneasy feeling of being followed becomes increasingly oppressive, the imagined glare of invisible eyes nearly unbearable - until, suddenly, it stops, and all peripheral movement seems to cease.

After a moment or two of utter stillness, a strange fizzing noise echoes behind Marietta and Shubi; small, floating orbs drift from behind them, reflecting a slick, oily rainbow despite the surrounding darkness. There is something oddly beautiful about these strange manifestations - that is, until one pops against the back of Shubi's head, and the deer cries out, clearly finding the pop more painful than what would be expected of a benign bubble. Was Shubi... being attacked by fizzy bubbles? Marietta had been thoroughly prepared for a variety of unsettling and bizarre events, but this was certainly not one of them.

Despite the origin of the sinister spheres seeming to be directly behind them, there doesn't appear to be anything there, but the very real sore spot behind Shubi's head and the tiny beads of water in the Shadow Stantler's fur serve as evidence that this was no mere phantasm...

What will Marietta and Shubi do?
Fully glad for the advice given by her old colleague Marietta does her best to shrug off the worst of the forwarned phenomenon plaguing the journey down into the abyss with naught save for the peripheral phantasms causing her too much worry as Shubi continues guiding the way.

What does bother her though is the sudden cease of these various effects, the trainer and pokemon both briefly stopping to inspect the area around themselves before reluctantly deciding to push forward.

Unfortunately for the two of them this heightened state of wariness would soon prove warranted as Shubi recoils both in pain and surprise from the fizzing assault of a mysterious assailant.

Rearing around with a display more akin to anger than anything else Shubi looks to face whatever had the gull to attack her, the Stantler barely managing the footwork required to avoid slipping while doing so.

Already having been on edge Marietta reacts to the assault by quickly flattening herself against the wall of the well before ordering Shubi to retaliate with a Shadow Storm in the direction it came from.

"Whatever fiend dares assault us we must make swift work, their watery attacks should not be endured in our frigid surroundings dear servant!"
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:10 PM   #138
Marion Ette
Blue Rose
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,562
Zelphon - The atmosphere surrounding Marietta and Shubi already left the pair feeling on-edge, despite their relative experience with ominous locales like this one. This sense of dread ultimately works to their advantage in responding to a surprise attack, as both are ready to retaliate at the slightest threat. Having been attacked from behind with no warning, Shubi is certainly not about to disobey an order which will allow for swift retribution. Whipping up a fierce Shadow Storm with a burst of swirling energy, Shubi then sends forth the dark vortex. The force of the storm sends what appears to be a small, frog-like shadow Pokemon flying, which Marietta and Shubi are alerted to by its sudden croak of pain, before it manages to cling to the relatively smooth surface of the wall beside it, silently and effortlessly running on all fours like a pint-sized ninja. It issues forth a second cry - a calling out, of some sort? - before attempting to climb further down the chasm by way of the wall and presumably escape the pair who have now spotted it.

The sound of fizzing and popping echoes throughout the chamber once again, yet it doesn't seem to be coming from the direction their assailant has fled. Even more concerning, despite the fact that the source is likely farther away, the sound is somehow louder. Massive bubbles begin rising from below, one of them barely missing Marietta before popping with a bang that would put a shotgun to shame. The reverberations from the sound and splash of water nearly knock the trainer from the staircase towards a terrifying drop, but she's fortunately able to maintain her balance... this time...

Another, even louder burst of fizz suggests that more bubbles are on the way.

What will Marietta and Shubi do?
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:58 PM   #139
Zelphon
League President
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Sniz Mobile
Posts: 2,704
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Zelphon - The atmosphere surrounding Marietta and Shubi already left the pair feeling on-edge, despite their relative experience with ominous locales like this one. This sense of dread ultimately works to their advantage in responding to a surprise attack, as both are ready to retaliate at the slightest threat. Having been attacked from behind with no warning, Shubi is certainly not about to disobey an order which will allow for swift retribution. Whipping up a fierce Shadow Storm with a burst of swirling energy, Shubi then sends forth the dark vortex. The force of the storm sends what appears to be a small, frog-like shadow Pokemon flying, which Marietta and Shubi are alerted to by its sudden croak of pain, before it manages to cling to the relatively smooth surface of the wall beside it, silently and effortlessly running on all fours like a pint-sized ninja. It issues forth a second cry - a calling out, of some sort? - before attempting to climb further down the chasm by way of the wall and presumably escape the pair who have now spotted it.

The sound of fizzing and popping echoes throughout the chamber once again, yet it doesn't seem to be coming from the direction their assailant has fled. Even more concerning, despite the fact that the source is likely farther away, the sound is somehow louder. Massive bubbles begin rising from below, one of them barely missing Marietta before popping with a bang that would put a shotgun to shame. The reverberations from the sound and splash of water nearly knock the trainer from the staircase towards a terrifying drop, but she's fortunately able to maintain her balance... this time...

Another, even louder burst of fizz suggests that more bubbles are on the way.

What will Marietta and Shubi do?
Watching on as Shubi successfully fends off their would-be attacker with relative ease Marietta briefly relaxes as their cries fade down into the endless dark of the chasm, but before the trainer and her pokemon can even start resuming the previous pace an additional fizzing assault just barely misses the trainer.

Recoiling from the sound and splashing water Marietta and Shubi once again take on a defensive posture, the trainer reaching for two pokeballs and unleashing the Shadowy forms of a Woobat and a Ditto as their containers burst forth in a flash of light.

"Oh wings of night and purveyor of forms pray unite in the protection of your fell Queen! Woobat fire off Shadow Storms at will down the chasm, Ditto Transform into them, and alternate your own Shadow Storms with theirs!

Shubi, aid their assault with Shadow Sky! We must make haste down into this abyss and bring our dark gavel upon our foe!
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 10:48 PM   #140
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge
 
ChrisClark13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
ChrisClark13-

Pondering for a moment, you feel that this entire thing was a trap by the woman you were with. The Garchomp seemed to be well behaved, especially since the thing had been chasing you down ever since you arrived here. Rip and tear, to guts and bone. If that was its orders, it seemed to be trying to do a pretty damn good job of it. Though, if that was certainly the case, then you were played fool and fiddle.

You then wonder where your items were, realizing that your treat bag might grab your Pokemon's attention. Perhaps, if they were able to awake, then they'd be able to help. So, scanning the room, you manage to find your bag hanging high from a hook. With some luck, you may be able to get to it and try and get yourself freed.

Though, there was the issue with the chains around your legs. You couldn't tell how much mobility you had, but it wasn't a lot. There was no chance of getting up, so you had to inch your way across the floor. This, of course, caused the rattling of chains. Yet, the loud noises do not stir your Pokemon.

It does, however, alert your kidnapper. You hear an old iron door open, and see Yang walk through the door. Her garb was completely different than before. Flowing blue robes that shimmered like fire, and a pendant of a blue sun hanging from her neck. Her hair was let loose, and her eyes were burning as bright as a star. Definitely something wrong with her.

"Trying to escape, my sacrifice? Curtis dear, you were so gullible it's pitiful. Oh well," she states before stomping on your back.

"Thank you for dealing with that pest, by the way. Slaughtering my workers... trying to prevent me from getting my catalysts. My lord wasn't very happy, you know. So, that shark should be enjoying its icy prison still," she cackled, giving a half-hearted thanks for what you did to the Garchomp. Seems it wasn't working for her, but trying to stop her.

"Now dear, I need to start this ritual. I'll deal with you soon, I need to prepare the vessel," she states.

She then walks over to the captured Minior, and begins to chant.

"Iä! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthugha Fomalhaut n'gha-ghaa naf'lthagn!" she shouts, and you hear the Minior screech.

It was a mixture of shattering glass and the bellows of a primordial being. The star begins to burn a bright blue, and gets inglufed in flames. The Pokemon looks like it could barely handle what was going on, but its screams continued to persist. Some kind of eldritch deity was trying to use it as a host, but it needed more.

"Mmm, good. Now Curtis, dear, I'll give you a choice. You can become my thrall, and choose to sacrifice one of your Pokemon. Or, sacrifice yourself, and let them live. I'm feeling generous today, especially with the help you gave me," she tells you with a sly smile.

How do you respond?
Curtis recoiled back at the screams of the Minior and looked to his other Pokemon in fear. Seeing what was happening to the innocent meteor Pokemon was bad, but imagining that happening to one of his own was worse. He had loved and cared for his Pokemon and... and... he simply couldn't imagine ever giving one of them up to go through the kind of pain that he was witnessing in front of him.

"Me..." he croaked out with a mumble. He hacked and cleared his throat best he could before speaking again, "Take me. Let my... Pokemon... my... team... my...-"

Tears started to stream down Curtis's face as he bowed his head, "Let my family- let them go." As he said the words he thought back to how he had treated his Pokemon- just following blindly in the footsteps of the Reynard family's traditions and assuming everything would be fine. He had blindly assumed that with a team of fighting-fit Pokemon at his side, everything would automatically be fine. That he didn't need to think or plan ahead and the sheer power and what battling talent he possessed would see them through. He had neglected to think things through at all- ignoring all the warning signs.

Yang was right. He had been a completely gullible fool. It was time to pay the price...

Curtis rolled onto his arms, getting into a begging bow best his chains would let them. "Don't kill them for my mistakes," he pleaded. Tears fell from his bowed head onto the floor.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.