UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade

Old 05-24-2021, 02:18 PM   #1
Saiza
Boulder Badge

Mewtwo The Book of Bellamy

Ary looked on while Saiza took his frustrations out on some innocent trees. As far as he could tell, the forest wasn’t private property, even if there probably were laws against this sort of thing. But it beat having him slash away at other leaving things, so what choice did he have, really?

The mantis hacked away relentlessly, each swing leaving a sizable dent on the sycamore’s wide trunk. Ary kept telling himself this behavior was instinctual, but what if there was actual malice behind those urges? And speaking of Sycamore…

“I wonder if he could teach me about how to handle Saiza, so he could actually Mega Evolve someday…”

The phenomenon had fascinated him from a young age, the very idea of a Pokemon being so strong it could achieve an even more perfect form beyond its final evolution! To him, that was the pinnacle of a Pokemon’s strength and a Trainer’s skill. But he had only just started his own journey, and couldn’t even get his Scyther to listen to him, let alone be strong enough to evolve…

“And what kind of catastrophe would Saiza cause as a Mega Pokemon if he keeps being this angry about everything?! Maybe I should just forget about it…”

Dejected, and noticing the sun was starting to set, he recalled Saiza and made his way back to town. He still had an errand he needed to run!

“Gotta hurry before the store closes!”

Dashing along the path, bumping into a couple of people on the way as he approached civilization, Ary made his way to the Department Store, making it there mere minutes before closing time. He felt like his chest was about to burst.

“H… hey there… Do… do you have…. Any cameras?...”

He’d promised his sister Elly to send her lots of pictures of his travels, after all. But a week had already passed since he’d arrived at this region and he hadn’t even bought a camera. She’d never let him hear the end of it…

“Sure, that… that works…. No, the color’s… just fine!... How much again?”

It was a lot. But a promise was a promise, he was way too tired to haggle and the store closed in five minutes, so…

“There, I made it! Now for the really hard part: convincing Saiza to pose…”

Last edited by Saiza; 05-24-2021 at 02:25 PM.
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:47 AM   #2
Saiza
Boulder Badge

Sitting comfortably in the Pokemon Center lounge, book in hand, Ary ran his eyes across the page over and over again to make sure of his decision.

“Yeah… yeah, that feels about right. Can’t hurt to try, anyway…”

Ary had been struggling with his Scyther, to say the least. While Mobius, his Trapinch, was just about everything he could have wanted from a first companion… he wasn’t. Saiza was. And the mantis’s extremely violent disposition hadn’t changed one bit since their journey had started.

Inexperienced as he was, Ary had sought advice wherever he could, but nothing seemed to actually be helping. The latest tidbit of information had come from a local elder, who’d suggested renaming the creature to something stronger, more respectful, to try and instill some sense of gratitude in him.

“Shingen, a famous samurai. Maybe this will make him feel more appreciated?”

Mobius, as always perched atop Ary’s head, nodded happily in approval. Ary smiled in return and reached for the inside pocket of his jacket, retrieving the camera he’d bought the other day.

“Hey, wanna see the pictures I took? I think some of these are definite keepers! Come on, help me choose which ones to send Elly.”

The Trapinch leaped onto Ary’s lap, excitedly ogling the camera’s small display. Ary positively adored his little antlion, whom he’d rescued from the Adoption Center, but at the same time he couldn’t help feel conflicted. Shouldn’t he have a similar relationship with the Scyther his father had given him? Saiza – no Shingen – was his Starter Pokemon, after all. So what was he doing wrong?...
Old 07-07-2021, 03:46 PM   #3
Saiza
Boulder Badge

“He can’t know I have this…”

Ary looked at the piece of cloth in his hand, wrapped around a spherical object. A thank-you gift from the people of Goldenridge City for something he hadn’t even taken part in, but had been welcomed to receive either way. He was unsure how he felt about the single greatest treasure he’d been looking for since leaving home having found its way into his possession in such fashion – a precious Scizorite, one of the few Mega Stones known to Man.

“I didn’t do anything for those people, I only just started traveling. Should I have declined? But at the same time, how long would it have taken me otherwise to find this stone?”

It was no secret that one of Ary’s lifelong dreams was to understand and master Mega Evolution to one day challenge Red of Kanto and the fabled Mewtwo. But…

“Shingen won’t even listen to my instructions – how on earth am I gonna train him to be strong enough to Mega Evolve?”

Lost in thought, Ary wandered into the forest outskirts of town; before he knew it, he was off the beaten path, surrounded by vegetation, until the sound of rustling leaves nearby snapped him back to reality.

“Wh-what was that?”

As soon as he muttered the words, a large green shape bolted past him, almost knocking him to the ground and causing him to drop the Scizorite. In a panic, he crawled along the grassy floor and narrowly managed to reach it, before the tip of a bladed arm buried itself on the ground mere inches away from his face. He looked up, and couldn’t believe his eyes.

Staring him down, completely silent and with a strangely vacant stare, was a Scyther. But not a regular one – this one was colored differently from Shingen.

“A shiny Scyther?...”

As if on cue, a PokéBall in Ary’s belt began to twitch progressively more violently, until it snapped open of its own accord. Shingen materialized, eyes gleaming with intense anger, and without a single instruction from his Trainer, he engaged the wild mantis!

“No, Shingen, wait!”

It was unavoidable. Fueled by an instinctive competitive drive, the unruly warrior swung his blades at the shiny Scyther, but with a speed that should not be physically possible, the opponent dodged effortlessly, causing Shingen to almost lose his footing. Then, it was the wild Pokemon’s turn to strike, and he lunged so quickly that Shingen could not react, a Quick Attack that sent Ary’s “partner” crashing against a nearby tree.

But even more curious than the shiny Pokemon’s incredible agility was the fact that, even when attacking, it didn’t make a single sound. And when Shingen, in a blood rage, finally managed to counter with a vicious Quick Attack of his own, Ary’s suspicions were confirmed.

“Not a single cry, even when in pain. That Scyther… is mute?”

The battle continued, Shingen having a clear edge in raw strength, while the opponent had an obvious advantage in speed. The end finally came when Shingen swung again with all his strength and the other Scyther ducked under, causing Ary’s Pokemon to trip and fall over. The shiny mantis stood over him, blade against his neck, and Shingen had no choice but to concede.

“That’s enough! You have no reason to be fighting one another! Shingen, return,” shouted Ary. The defeated Scyther shot his Trainer a furious glance moments before the light beam touched him and he was recalled.

Ary then looked at the rare Pokemon. It was composed, breathing almost normally even after all that exertion. But the empty gaze in his eyes was gone, replaced by… something else. The Trainer was at a loss of what to say – should he apologize on Shingen’s behalf? Or did the wild Scyther intend to harm him if he hadn’t intervened? Was he even supposed to reason with a wild Bug Pokemon?

In the silence that followed, the mantis could have fled. But instead it stood there, eyeing Ary. The young man, in turn, was frozen in place – what kind of Trainer would pass up a chance to capture a shiny Pokemon, especially one that strong? But he knew he couldn’t, Shingen had been defeated and Mobius was just a Trapinch. He felt ashamed and embarrassed to admit it, but he wasn’t even good enough to catch a wild, untrained Pokemon. He clenched the Scizorite in his hand, ready to toss it away in frustration.

Until the mantis walked closer, and dropped to one knee.

“H-huh? What are you?...”

The Scyther again made no sound. It couldn’t. But its actions were as obvious as they were baffling.

“Why? I lost! You’re stronger than…”

Scyther shook his head; his eyes shifted from the ground to meet Ary’s. Silent insistence.

“If you’re absolutely sure, I… I’ll do my very best to deserve it! To deserve you. That’s a promise… Kenshin!”

What else, really? Shingen took his name from a famous samurai of old. This one would have to be named after his legendary rival. Whether he realized the meaning or not, the shiny mantis nodded in agreement, and the deal was sealed. A red flash of light later, and Ary had captured his first Pokemon.

And what a catch!
Old 10-26-2021, 12:10 PM   #4
Saiza
Boulder Badge

"G-guys, come on, cut it out!"

Blades clashed violently, disrupting the silence of the early morning. A sunrise stroll across the forest had turned disastrously as soon as Ary had decided to let his companions out of their Balls. All of them. Shingen had wasted no time getting on Kenshin's case, until the mute Scyther was no longer able to ignore him, and much to the former's delight, a fight had broken out.

Ary simply had no say in the matter. He could only watch as Shingen, eternally fueled by a desire to surpass Kenshin, swung wildly at his Shiny counterpart, landing heavy blow after heavy blow that Kenshin could only narrowly parry. Iskandar, meanwhile, was clearly loving the display, laughing heartily from the sidelines.

"Don't encourage them! Guys, please!"

It was to no avail; with each swing of its FURY CUTTER, the violent Shingen asserted his dominance over the silent, aloof Kenshin; the strikes were becoming harder and harder to block, and if things continued to escalate, someone was going to end up severely injured. But Ary knew that if he personally stepped in to stop Shingen, or allowed another Pokemon to interfere, their relationship was only going to become even more strained. ANd so, only one other option presented itself. Reluctantly, he looked straight at Kenshin and raised his voice.

"... You can use that! I... I'll allow it!"

Kenshin's eyes flickered, pupils narrowing briefly. Then, in between two of Shingen's furious slashes, the Shiny Scyther's right arm took on a beautiful light blue glow. The wind around him picked up in a swirling motion, blades of grass floating upwards carried by the breeze. Shingen hesitated at the unexpected technique - since when could Kenshin use an attack he didn't?!

A single, majestic swing later, Shingen was struck with the full force of Kenshin's newly-mastered SACRED SWORD, and propelled back so far he nearly crashed into a nearby tree. The blue glow faded, and Kenshin took a deep breath, before uncharacteristically grinning slightly, proud of his perfected technique.

When Shingen rose back to his feet, a mixture of shock and anger was plastered on his face. He had just been humbled; unable to deal with the frustration of realizing Kenshin was indeed at his level, if not beyond, Ary's original companion suddenly swiped Ary's Backpack and took flight toward the city, disappearing behind the treetops.

"Shingen! Hey, wait up! What's he gonna do?..."

Last edited by Saiza; 10-26-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade