UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Olivewood Ocean

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,494
Cherrim Rosa's Turn

Rosa tapped her foot somewhat impatiently as she reviewed her messages on the terminal in the Pokémon Center by the port. She actually managed to run into his old captain a few days back, who she had met with in secret over the years on their stops into the port. He informed her that Orlando had actually disembarked a few days back, in Pallet. He was still a bit of a mess, but as far as he could tell, she was told, he seemed sober and to have it mostly together. Still, she was worried about her brother, and while she was eager to get back in contact with him, she had refrained contacting him for a few days, figuring he would need a few days to lose his sea legs and get his wits around him before she went chasing him down. She sent him a few things more or less as a test, along with a short note that was intentionally a little cryptic. The next day, she had gotten word through the grapevine and passed through Oliver that someone closely resembling her brother had made an appearance in Violet, and that he had won the leader's favor. Hoping that meant he was in the process of fulfilling a long-time dream, she sent him another letter with a half-joking gift (something she had gotten from Oliver also as a joke) as congratulations, though she disguised it as a birthday gift to make it seem like she wasn't stalking him from afar.

She had hoped he would at least reply to her messages, but even after the two letters, she had yet to see anything come through. She supposed she was being impatient, but she would hope he would at least reply with something simple as a sign of life. But at the same time, it would probably take a minute for him to run back to his sister who he hadn't spoken to in five years. Still, she couldn't help but be eager to reconnect with him. She figured she would occupy her time otherwise. After all, it had been a month since she was given her first Pokémon, a posthumous gift given to her by her surrogate mother and hand picked by Oliver. And she had hardly done a thing. Little Ambre was growing restless, she could tell. It was high time she had a little adventure. Logging out of the terminal, she quickly considered her options. She knelt down to the sheep beside her, who was bouncing with a bit of anticipation.

"So, Ambre, why don't we go for a little trip?" she suggested, getting an affirmative bleat from the Mareep, "Where do you think we should go? Probably not too far... Oh, I know! We haven't seen Symone in a while! Well, okay, you've never seen her, but... I think you'll like her."

A nice trip to Cianwood would do the two of them some good, she concluded. It had been a minute since she visited the island, and it might be a good little first outing for her and her new friend. But, she would have to find a way to get there... She didn't want to bother Oliver, who was usually her ride. And after all, it would be a fun challenge to find herself a courier! With adventure on the brain and her fluffy friend at her side, she took a quick inventory of her items (which had dwindled a bit with her recent gifts) and headed out into Olivine Port, in search of someone who might be willing to grant her passage across the Whirl Islands.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
Connor
Who Knows?
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,984
Having made up her mind to head towards Cianwood, Rosa decided not to rely on Oliver for once, and instead headed towards Olivine Port, hoping to find means of travel. She quickly makes her way through the main city of Olivine, Ambre merrily trotting at her side. The Mareep seemed to be enjoying the rather temperate weather, the warmth clearly agreeing with the young Electric type. This warmth is reflected in the locals of Olivine, many of them smiling in greeting to Rosa as she moved on by, but this kind of sentiment is soon drowned out by the frenzied life of the port. Here, people were too busy moving from port to warehouses, shifting goods coming in as fast as they could before reporting back to their captains. The buzz was palpable in the air, feeling more like a static charge than an atmosphere, and Rosa finds herself rooted to the spot for a moment. Scanning around, Rosa finds herself unable to find anyone who didn't seem immediately preoccupied. That is, bar one person.

Leaning against the wall of a nearby warehouse, a rather elderly man was staring at the end of his pipe, using a rather gnarled finger to poke some of the burned tobacco out of the end. After a while he would blow into the end, before once again going back to the poking. It was clear that he was pretty old - the few wisps of hair he had left were a stark white, as was the bristly beard which hung from his jowls, but even from this distance Rosa could tell he had rather kind eyes. More importantly though, he had a rather long coat hanging from his shoulders, the kind of coat you would only wear to protect yourself from sea spray while out on the waters. This man was most likely a captain - and could very well provide her the passage she needed.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,494
With her little lamb trotting along side her, Rosa approached the salty-looking man, hoping that he might be able to grant her passage to Cianwood to visit the Gym and her friend. She was a bit nervous - while she was perfectly used to talking to gruff looking folks through her years at the Olivine Gym, she knew some less-than-savory types hung about the docks. He seemed harmless enough, and she didn't really have any other good ideas.

"Um, excuse me, sir," she said a little meekly, "I'm not sure if you'd be able to help me, and sorry if this seems presumptuous, but me and my friend here were hoping you might be able to give us a lift to Cianwood, or maybe point us to someone who could?"
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.
 
Beautiful Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 905
The man did not respond at first, making Rosa wait for an answer the way old people tend to do. Instead, he continued to focus on his pipe, taking his time and inhaling deeply. After what seems like an eternity, he exhales, issuing forth a cloud of smoke. Only then does he eye Rosa up and down and consider her request.

"I'm not really into the idea of ferrying freeloaders from place to place," began the old captain, betraying an authoritative voice roughened from years of shouting orders and commanding his ship. "However, I could use an extra set of hands, especially from a Pokemon Trainer such as yourself. Truth be told, we were supposed to shove off a while ago, but some of the cargo we're supposed to bring over to Cianwood never arrived. I honestly couldn't tell you what happened, these guys are usually pretty prompt about getting it over here and loading it up. If you join up, you'd have to investigate that situation as well as help out on board. You interested?"
Beautiful Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:11 PM   #5
Jerichi
本✚能
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,494
Rosa was not much of sailor - she was a 17-year-old girl after all - but she figured it wouldn't be too much of a bother to help out. It would probably be an interesting experience after all! The whole missing cargo thing is rather mysterious too, and might be interesting to investigate. It wasn't the first time she had heard of things, cargo in particular, going mysteriously missing in transit to or from the docks, and she had done some work investigating some of these disappearances before.

"Well, I think that seems like a fair deal," Rosa replied, "I guess the first thing to be done is track down the cargo. Can you give me some details on it, like what it is and where it's coming from?"
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:17 PM   #6
Beautiful Savage
Go Away.
 
Beautiful Savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 905
"Aye, that's the spirit," said the elderly captain with a warm smile. He takes a moment to draw from his pipe again before continuing. "To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I know quite what the cargo is. All I know is that it's heavy and the Gym Leader over in Cianwood wants it for a secret project. Oh, and she's willing to pay a pretty price for it at that. Which is why I'm so desperate to get it. As for where..." he trails off, shoving his free hand into his coat pocket. After an awkward moment of fishing around, he finds the paper he's looking for. "Ah, here we go," he says, squinting at the paper. "The cargo is supposedly being stored at a warehouse near here. If you go east along the docks for three blocks, turn left, continue that way for another six blocks, turn right, and go two more blocks, you'll be there. Tell 'em Captain Padgett sent you and that he wants what he's owed. We'll shove off as soon as you get back with the cargo. I'll be on my boat over there."

As he says this, he gestured at a boat docked nearby. The most noticeable feature is its age. Much like its captain, it had clearly seen a lot. This is not to say it was decrepit and seemingly dangerous. Instead, it had a reliable look about it, like it had experience and could make it through anything safely. It was a mid-sized boat, big enough to warrant a crew of three or four. Perfect for traveling from port to port around Kanjohto, but not to other regions. Seeing as the destination of this particular outing is Cianwood, its the perfect vehicle.

Having finished his explanation, Padgett stands up straight from his reclined position against the wall. He slowly taps out the remaining burnt tobacco from his pipe, preparing to board his ship and begin preparations for the eventual journey.
Beautiful Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Olivewood Ocean


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.