UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #2576
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

You do realize that it would still have been a surprise if you hadn't, you know, come out and told us now, right? ;^_^
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #2577
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Aw darn it Blaze when I was at my library I built an Assault E Dragons deck after I saw a cool YouTube video and was hoping once I got a new computer I could surprise people with it but noooo
There is also the fact that Assault E-dragons is quite meta at the moment.

I don't know if I like it though. I'm undecided.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #2578
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

I know very little about the meta, but Geargias are being a blast to play with! I imagine they shut down against TKRO, Vanity's Emptiness and Fossil Dyna pretty hard, but otherwise I'm loving them.

EDIT: Finally decided to try out Rated. Faced 3 DR-Dragunities with Assault Mode in 3 duels.

Last edited by MarbleZone; 10-03-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #2579
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
EDIT: Finally decided to try out Rated. Faced 3 DR-Dragunities with Assault Mode in 3 duels.
Yeah, the deck is horribly broken. Way too much draw and search power combined with a near limitless synchro capability....its way, way too powerful.

Honestly, this deck is just way too auto-pilot. Old Dragon rulers required more thought.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #2580
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Honestly, this deck is just way too auto-pilot. Old Dragon rulers required more thought.
Wrong. So embarrassingly wrong, in fact, that it makes me think you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and just want to say words to sound YGO smart. The new one is bad, sure, but the old one held your hand and literally was auto-pilot. It was a deck that simply played itself out as you drew the cards, read their effects, and did them. The only decisions you ever had to make were:
  • Fetch a baby or fetch an adult?
  • Bring out Dracossack or bring out Big Eye?
OoOoOoOoh, what riveting genius. At least with the Dragunity deck, players have to decide things like:
  • do I keep regular Stardust or do I go for Assault Mode?
  • do I summon Black Rose or do I not?
Don't get me wrong -- it's still a deck that practically plays itself. But to say that it does so moreso than the old one is just stupid.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #2581
Emi

I have absolutely no way of summoning Black Rose. Ruins the consistency of the deck. All I run is the ability to synchro 6s, 8s, and 10s. It's all you need. Honestly, if you are running anything other than Dux/Phalanx, you don't have the room for assault mode.

The choice to go Assault is an obvious one though. There is no reason why you would not.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #2582
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Dragunity Rulers are only so powerful because of the hit to the trap cards. In the old days, it would be so easy to disrupt their plays without problem. Dragunity itself is a failed attempt at a top-tier meta-deck: when it was introduced (Starstrike Blast), it was supposed to supplant Blackwing, but the crippling reliance on ladder climbing and the field spell made it incredibly weak. You can see all the potential there in its support cards, but it's just like how Blackwing's weakness involves the Battle Phase - it's too easy to completely ruin it..

I don't know how the OCG is doing first hand, but supposedly they're having less of a problem with the Dragon Rulers than the TCG is, although it's still a strong deck over there.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #2583
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
I would think so, seeing as OCG didn't have such a heavy hit on staples >_>
Old 10-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #2584
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
I would think so, seeing as OCG didn't have such a heavy hit on staples >_>
I still heavily dislike those cards. They are such major crutch cards its not even funny. Even in DDAM is have a use for Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute, and that's for getting monsters in the grave. Bottomless not so much but that's beside the point, and I admit I should try something else. I would prefer to see decks that went out of their shell and tried different traps rather than putting in "1BTH, 2 MF, 1 CED, 1 SW, 2 TT, 2 DP mkay done." It's just annoying to me when I see a Dark World that runs Mirror Force. Are you telling me that for some reason you need Mirror Force? What's the point? It's rare that your opponent gets something over 3000 ATK. So take that card out and try something different.

Yeah that's my rant for the day. It's part of the problem I have with cards like Dragon Rulers to. They are too abusable and splashable. It's part of the reason I never had issue with Shock Master(cause bar Evilswarm and Constellar, its really quite hard to get 3 level 4s out.) but had more of an issue with Big Eye(2 level 7s are easy money is most good decks because of Drulers.)

God I need sleep. And with that adieu before I make a bigger fool of myself.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #2585
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

I literally cannot understand how this rating/exp thing works on DN. There are people with +500 exp but only 100 rating, and in my case, it's the other way around (220/8 ). Can anyone try to explain?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #2586
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
I literally cannot understand how this rating/exp thing works on DN. There are people with +500 exp but only 100 rating, and in my case, it's the other way around (220/8 ). Can anyone try to explain?
When they switched to the new ban list, everyone's ratings got reset but they kept their exp.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #2587
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I think I'll duck out until the next format now.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #2588
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Did I forget to mention that Sixth Sense being emergency unbanned is really disgusting?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #2589
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/Sl5a6g7.png

I think I'll duck out until the next format now.
Ducking out because you wanted to go out in a blaze of glory and this was it? Or ducking out because of something else I don't understand by looking at the picture?
Quote:
Did I forget to mention that Sixth Sense being emergency unbanned is really disgusting?
Wait a second. So you have a two in three chance of failure (and failure only means mill 1, mill 2, mill 3, or mill 4) but you have a one in three chance of success where success means draw 5 or draw 6? In Yu-Gi-Oh!, the game which eschews card drawing like the plague?
Old 10-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #2590
Emi

Quote:
Why does it need to be unbanned? Do they think that Lightsworn is the end all?

brbputtingthisinzombies

EDIT: DOPPLE Y U ITS NOT EVEN OUT YET
Old 10-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #2591
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I beat a backrow heavy deck by sniping the Maxx "C" with Divine Wrath, then simply beating him down with Tricky and Junk Synchron. I'm impressed with the win, but it also illustrates the sorry state of the game now where decks are intensely backrow heavy even if it's not helpful backrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Wait a second. So you have a two in three chance of failure (and failure only means mill 1, mill 2, mill 3, or mill 4) but you have a one in three chance of success where success means draw 5 or draw 6? In Yu-Gi-Oh!, the game which eschews card drawing like the plague?
It's far worse than that.

Think of all the decks like Dragon Rulers that rely heavily on the graveyard. Even if you don't call the correct roll, you would still mill 1-4 cards to the grave. If you get the right call, you draw 5 or 6 cards. That's a card with huge upside, and almost no downside in the right deck. Fiend Comedian is similar in how its mill is actually beneficial to decks that rely heavily on grave.

To answer blaze's question, Sixth Sense was a card used by Joey and never released in the TCG because it's obviously broken. Because Konami's exclusives for Joey's World (a.k.a. Legendary Collection 4) were all bad (creating a humourous situation where Konami nerfed Card of Last Will even though it cannot be used in a duel), someone decided to release this card to boost sales of the set. It likely won't be banned in January, but it'll be banned in June after wreaking havoc on one and a half formats. It'll be legal once LC4 gets released.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #2592
Emi

Yeah, my zombie deck would love that card, even one of them. I could easily replace Jain in my deck for that card. The only downside is I don't get to use I.D.D. effects since it will LOAD my hand. But if I draw six cards, the worst I do is draw an AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #2593
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yeah, seriously, Blaze. "Oh, woe is me. Whatever shall I do? I have TOO MANY CARDS IN MY HAND."
Old 10-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #2594
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Yeah, seriously, Blaze. "Oh, woe is me. Whatever shall I do? I have TOO MANY CARDS IN MY HAND."
IT'S QUITE THE PREDICAMENT.

But Inferity Doom Dragon's eff has saved duels, so I don't want jeopardize that if I don't have too.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #2595
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Sixth Sense should not have been Unbanned. Not now, not ever.

So, Duel, anyone? Either that, or I'm off to watch Madoka Magica.

// PASBL // Wild Future //
Old 10-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #2596
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KratosAurion View Post
Sixth Sense should not have been Unbanned. Not now, not ever.

So, Duel, anyone? Either that, or I'm off to watch Madoka Magica.
It wasn't unbanned. I have no idea why Dopple said that. It's being released into the TCG, so they limited it. This is more of an emergency ban than unbanning, cause it did not exist before.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #2597
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

It was unofficially banned because it was never released in the TCG, but was banned in the OCG, and it's assumed that the OCG list is the same as the TCG except where TCG has explicit changes.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #2598
Emi

Quote:
It was unofficially banned because it was never released in the TCG, but was banned in the OCG, and it's assumed that the OCG list is the same as the TCG except where TCG has explicit changes.
I wish I knew that. ;;

Also, this is me using plant synchro:

But, I don't think I did too bad on my first go.

-Activated Foolish Burial, sending Dandylion to the grave
-Summoned tokens, then summoned lonefire blossom
-Tributed a token for Spore(adorbs btw)
-Synchrod into Formula Synchron
-Synchroed into T.G. HL
-SSed Blaster
-SS Spore by banishing Dandylion
-Synchroed into Star Eater

And it will never happen again. But the two free draws is always nice. I beat a Mermail player just now by using Plant Rulers. It's not bad, but I don't feel its as consistent as Dragunity Rulers.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #2599
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
You should always synchro Synchron into Hyper Librarian if you have the chance :p
Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #2600
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
You should always synchro Synchron into Hyper Librarian if you have the chance :p
It's not terribly easy to do.

I did manage in one turn however to Synchro a T.G. Hyper Librarian, Shooting Star Dragon, and Star Eater. That was also known as the duel in which I paid 5000 LP for a Dragunity Corcesca.

Also, as I want to pay attention to the way tournaments are going, I just looked up some info on the YCS tournament in San Mateo. Out of the top 16, 13 of them were some form of Dragon Ruler variant(one was Assault, and 4 were Dragunity versions). That's disgusting. Though Fallen should be happen to hear that 1 of the top 16 was Geargia.

Last edited by Emi; 10-07-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: My spellingz is disgusting too
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment