Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #201
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Loki, this is for you.

"I pronounce thee: Magneto, new herald of Galactus!"
http://gonrad.com/201010/strange_01_047.jpg
http://gonrad.com/201010/strange_01_048.jpg

Yes, this is the guy who drew the Perry Bible Fellowship comics.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #202
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5z-EPqgK8Q
It syncs surprisingly well!
Old 10-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #203
Talon87
時の彼方へ

It really does!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:44 AM   #204
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

There hasn't been a post in a while, so here's some genius and heartwarming playing on the recorder.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #205
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Haha, nice. lol
Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #206
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You guys have probably seen the Doug: the Live Action Movie trailer by now. I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. Watched it over and over till I got sick of it. Remembered it just now. And watched it twice again. XD And I wasn't even that big a fan of Doug as a kid! (I liked it, but I only had cable television for about a year in the early '90s, so most of my memories of Doug are of the Disney version which did some weird things with the characters' relationships.)

Here's the really catchy song which plays starting at the climax of the trailer. Enjoy!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #207
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
You guys have probably seen the Doug: the Live Action Movie trailer by now. I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. Watched it over and over till I got sick of it. Remembered it just now. And watched it twice again. XD And I wasn't even that big a fan of Doug as a kid! (I liked it, but I only had cable television for about a year in the early '90s, so most of my memories of Doug are of the Disney version which did some weird things with the characters' relationships.)

Here's the really catchy song which plays starting at the climax of the trailer. Enjoy!
I ran across this by chance a few days ago during a nostalgia cartoon trip. Is it real? I never watched Doug or other Nick shows much since I didn't have cable, but the movie looks fun. Wish I understood the references.

I don't normally watch anything besides AMVs on YT, but I feel awkward not posting something, so... Uh... Here.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 11-17-2010 at 12:44 AM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:25 AM   #208
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post

The trailer was awesome. I'm just kinda disappointed Skeeter didn't go "honk honk."

Also, am I the only one who giggled when I remembered his name was "Skeeter"?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:13 AM   #209
Talon87
時の彼方へ

A lot of people have said that, but he does say "Honk Honk": only he says it quietly, just once, when he's sad and embarrassed at having misinformed Doug that Bebe's party was a costume party. (It's around 2:11, 2:12, around there.) They probably should have had the more upbeat and energetic "Honk Honk!" people were expecting, but still: it's not like they forgot the line. (A bigger blunder someone picked up, though, is the fact that Doug starts us off with "Dear Diary ..." when in fact he always used to say "Dear Journal ..." Man. Some people must be some serious Doug fans! )

LilBlue, you could probably pick up on a lot of the references just by reading this Wiki article. I know it helped me out a bunch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug (and its associated http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doug_episodes ). I'd totally forgotten about things like Mr. Dink's "very expensive" schtick or the fact that Porkchop lived in an igloo. (After all: my latest memories of Doug are of the Disney Doug. And there was no igloo in that show as far as I remember.)
Old 11-17-2010, 09:15 PM   #210
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
I don't normally watch anything besides AMVs on YT, but I feel awkward not posting something, so... Uh... Here.
You got me. -_-; LOL The way you prefaced your post with AMVs, I was totally baited. Totally was expecting an AMV of some kind.

Anyway, this probably doesn't belong in a "Going to Hell [for this]" thread, but since we've I've been using this thread as our community my dumping grounds for sharable media, I guess I'll post it here.

I just saw the trailer for Brendan and the Secret of Kells and I have to say that I was really impressed. Then I looked it up on Wikipedia, read about the Book of Kells, and went all "Awwwoooh ". I'm just hoping that the snarky cynic on Youtube who writes "Another jesus movie in disguise. Yay" is wrong to be pessimistic and that this film is immensely enjoyable quite separate from its Christian mythos subplot.

Has anyone else seen this film yet? I might look into renting it if it's out on DVD ...
Old 11-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #211
Talon87
時の彼方へ

TRIPLE POST.

But I just remembered that I'd spent my evening watching a number of humorous videos. How could I do this and then completely space out when posting in THIS THREAD of all threads!? Inexcusable. So I hurried back over and got to work on this post. Enjoy!

Mortal Kombat Isn't a Tournament
Hysterical. My favorite bit is at 1:51 to 1:59 (specifically the exclamation at 1:55, which elicited several violent handclaps from my person the first few times I saw this), but the whole thing is quite good. It's like a scene you'd expect to find in Robot Chicken. On a good day.

Harry Potter: X-Rated Edition
This is pretty funny in its own right. It's more a case of cute editing than hysterical script writing, but some of the quotes that they took out of context are just amazing.

Professor Freaks Out Over Yawn
This one isn't so much funny as it is shocking. The professor is way personally offended by the student's yawning and gets childishly verbally abusive about it. He even goes so far as to accuse one student sitting in the back of the room of lying to him about where the noise came from. (If she were going to lie, do you really think she'd point behind her, to where nobody is sitting?) I wouldn't be surprised if this professor were reprimanded big time by the university.

Double Rainbow Guy in Everyday Life
This one is spot on. A little long, and the end's a little racy, but this one's spot on.

Inception Characters Don't Understand Inception
"But you see: the complexity is what makes it all so brilliant!"
"Does it though? "
Exactly. It was a good movie, but people went a little overboard with the "BEST FILM OF THE CENTURY" praise for it this summer. Don't get me wrong: I'd enjoy seeing it again! But it's good to see someone else point out some of the movie's flaws.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #212
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I might as well post something that goes by the topic name.

Here's a fun adventure with Chris Benoit.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #213
Talon87
時の彼方へ

A friend pointed this out on Twitter. I think it's amusing.

The head of England's judiciary is known as the Lord Chief Justice. It just so happens that the current occupant of the seat is a man with the surname Judge. Seriously. Thus, his official name and title is Lord Chief Justice Judge, four English titles strung together into one long proper name. Amusing, no?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #214
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You have got to check this one out.

2 girls in China fighting over the same guy (link), with English translations in speech bubble annotations. (So enable the annotations if they're not already enabled.)

Some people are saying that this is too perfect. That it's staged, or that maybe it was recorded for a Chinese soap opera. While I don't know about that, I do know that this is well worth 3 minutes of your time. Oh, is it ever ...
Old 12-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #215
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Are you retired?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #216
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I guess I'll throw in one too.

I like them body scanners.

I don't know about everyone else, but if I was the lady, as soon as the guy said "I'm not into pedophilia." I would've said "We don't need you sir." and hung up.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #217
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Remember the terrible Street Fighter movie from when we were kids? Well, apparently Americans weren't the only ones treated to a terribly campy Street Fighter cinematic experience ... Jackie Chan and the Hong Kong crew made a film called "City Hunter" in which this scene is found. Enjoy ... >_<
Old 12-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #218
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MP_G6arpVI
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #219
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Aww man. My gold find last week has been outed as a staged act. Here's the proof: a second scene with demonstrably inferior acting by the same three people. The odds that all three would meet up again by chance, much less meet up again by chance and be caught on film, are next to zero. Sigh.

The one I linked, though, is still pretty awesome. Especially if you watch it believing it's real. Sighhhhhhh.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #220
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Anyone remember a site which translated a phrase/sentence to Japanese and back to English until it reached "static" status, often lolworthily changing the phrase/sentence?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #221
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #222
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
No, this. Try this to start with.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #223
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I think I've linked you the best of the bunch, but you should still go and see all the others he's done.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #224
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Southern Minnesota just got pelted by a blizzard. This comes to us courtesy of our good friend Kasumi Violet:

http://hb.511mn.org/main.jsf

Or, if you're viewing this post any time after December 11, 2010, click here instead.

"There are closures or blockages on MN-4, I-90" is something of an understatement.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #225
Cyprus
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyprus
Yeah, I'm inside all that right now. The entire bus system was shut down around 3pm. At 3:30pm, the -snow plows- shut down since it "wasn't doing any good to keep them running." One got stuck on my street. I ended up calling into work only to find out that everyone else had done the same, but since 3 of the Managers made it there earlier this morning, corporate wouldn't let them close down the store. I felt bad for them, but there was -no- way I could get there. I walked for 15 minutes to get 5 minutes away from my apartment after falling into 2 snow drifts as tall as me.

Minnesota shut down due to snow. That should tell you something. It stopped snowing for the time being, but the windchill is still -7 degrees. I'm not looking forward to shoveling the sidewalk anytime soon.
Cyprus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc