UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 01-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Drawception

Hello UPN. I'd like to introduce you to Drawception.

Drawception dubs itself as a 'social picture-telephone game'. A weird mixture of Chinese Whispers and Pictionary, the flow of the game is relatively simple:
  • The game starts with a descriptive phrase.
    (Something that is relatively easy to draw is best, with bonus points if it could lead to some sort of misinterpretation.)
  • The next person to view the game will see this descriptive phrase and has to draw something based on it.
    (There's a ten-minute time-limit, and the drawing area (and tools) are pretty limited, so the focus is on conveying your message quickly.)
  • The next player views this drawing and has to write a new description based on what they see.
  • The cycle of draw-describe continues until a set number of players (usually 12) have taken a turn.

There are two types of Drawception games: Public and Private.
This thread deals with the invite-only 'Private' games, since that way we can ensure that all of the stupid UPN in-jokes are thankfully preserved and not ruined by random people on the internet who think that a 'Kuno' is a type of breakfast cereal.

Here's an example of the end result:
Spoiler: show

Why should you be playing Drawception?
-It really does help you to work on your drawing skills, especially your speed.
-It's FUN!™

What's the catch?
-To play you have to create an account on their website, and rather annoyingly they REQUIRE you to log in through a social network. HOWEVER, this can include Google, so it's easy enough to use a throwaway gmail account.
-The various systems on the site can be a bit arbitrary, with all sorts of levels and points and currencies and whatnot. None of it really stands in the way of the nice fun game at the middle of it all though.
-Drawception is a terrible name for anything.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Last edited by Spikkle; 01-02-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Here's a private game to start things off, for those interested.

Last edited by Spikkle; 01-02-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Yes I have heard of this and saw it was pretty darn awesome although some ideas they give you are freaking hard xfd;

I wish I had more time to try this out though :<

I will keep this in the back of my mind until the opportune moment *nod*

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

It's nice to see that people have been picking up the slack since Broken Picture Telephone went down. Should be noted that this is by no means the original game, of course.

Like Daisy, I will "keep it in the back of my mind".

...which, in all likelihood, means I will either wait for BPT to come back or wait for a BPT derivative that doesn't make me jump through the additional hoops of registering for some social networking site just to play their latest BPT clone.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Yeah, I sorta wish that someone had done the for Nutsy Bolts. Sure, it was buggy as all hell, but when it did work the functionality was amazing.

Playing Apples to Apples online with custom word lists? I'd like to see that happen again.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I want to play the game but it keeps giving me that the latest image is a black stripe surrounded by squiggles reading NSFW in white letters. Is this the actual drawing or are my settings just acting weirdly?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc