Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #103
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
I promise I'm still around. Happy belated UPN Day, everyone.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #104
Red Panda
head head bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Hana, if you could make a skin that makes the eye burning red that some people insist on using more legible that would be grand! Also a skin that cancels out font sizes :p
I'm sorry
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:05 AM   #105
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Works fine on Dark Umbreon
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #106
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Hana, if you could make a skin that makes the eye burning red that some people insist on using more legible that would be grand! Also a skin that cancels out font sizes :p
I was going to propose a rainbow skin due to the absolutely gigantic size of UPN's gay community, in which the default font color was red, but I feel it would be in somewhat poor taste for some reason.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #107
Mercutio
Banned

Nah it's a good call provided you aren't insinuating that gays all like rainbows lol.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #108
ajnrules
Boulder Badge

Yeah looks like I missed it too. I've been gone for so long that it seems only the veterans remember who I am. Oh well.

Can't believe it's been 15 years...although I didn't really find UPNetwork until October or November of 1999.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #109
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I leave you guys alone for five minutes and all you talk about are new skins -.-

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #110
Sneaze
Mrow?

To be fair, we could have been talking about things that are much more annoying, so I suppose it should be looked at as a step up from the "can I have pretty colors?" discussion.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #111
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

ARGH I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH KUNO POINTS TO UNLOCK THE LATEST SKIN

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #112
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
Fashionably Late~

Well, it appears I've missed my first UPN day here by a longshot, so while you guys all go flaunt your fancy new user titles I'll go sit here with my default one. ;-;

But in all seriousness, I'd still like to write a little here about myself and my experiences in this first year. I'm actually finding it kind of hard to believe that I've been here for a good 10 months already, since I still don't know quite a lot of you all that well, and I'm pretty sure most of you don't know me well at all. So, let's fix that a bit, shall we?

Where to begin... I haven't been around on the internet for all that long; I'd say I started hanging around forums in about February of '12. This beginning was at the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online forums, run by the official Pokémon company themselves. I came at first just to talk and trade with other people who played the game, but I soon found myself RP'ing with some people there, and meeting some great friends who I still keep in touch with. However, it seems I was a bit late to the party there, as soon after I had joined a few other people joined and made the forums far from a positive environment. People began to flood out left and right, and I was urged by Lit to do the same. We moved to Serebii that summer, and I began to hang out at first in the games section, but soon moved into competitive battling. It was definitely a lot different of a community than I was used to, and it took me a while to get into, but unlike a lot of others around here, I actually came to enjoy it. I stayed, watching many friends leave it, but still stubbornly clinging on, (as I still do) hoping I can help shape it up a bit. And then I found ASB in August of '13 through seeing Lit, Luka, and Quil join, and it looked like a really good time. So I signed up as part of the great comp wave and got involved, not really knowing what I was getting myself into. I signed up for UPN then as well so I would have more battling slots, not really thinking I would do much else here. But...it didn't quite happen like that. I met the UPN community, and I began to find myself drawn to you guys more and more. And though I still don't venture much outside the Independent Forums (yet at least), I know that I'm here to stay, and hang here just as much if not more than Serebii now.

There's something really great about UPN and the people who inhabit it. You're all genuine, kindhearted people, and make this place an open, lively community. What's different about the community here from where else I've been is that the people here stick together. At PTCGO, I joined after its prime, and never really got to get to know some of the earlier people who left not long after I had joined. In Serebii comp, feuding between members and lack of leadership ended up driving off lots of members, leaving comp in the awful state it's in now. But here, we get past the drama by supporting each other through our tough times, so that we can then enjoy ourselves in the good times to come. I have indeed had a lot of great times here, and hope to continue to do so for years to come. The difference between UPN and other places is that in other places, I just cared about the games I was playing, but here, it's the people who matter the most.

I'd like to thank everyone for making this such a great place to be. Shoutouts to Lit, Luka, and Quil, for sticking with me from the beginning; you're really great friends and I'll always appreciate you guys. Shoutouts to Spark, Kots, Kyro, Connor, EG, and any other former comp player who helped me get into that community, even if some of you guys aren't much a part of it anymore. Shoutouts to Blaze, Schaden, Whimsy, and everyone else who made me feel welcome here at UPN. And of course, a huge thank you to Kuno for making all this possible. Seriously, you've created something wonderful for all of us. I think it's something different for each one of us, but for me, it's a place where I don't have to worry. Not about the huge stresses of reality, nor about keeping up appearances to fit in. I can chill out here and take a load off, have some meaningful conversation, and even confide in you guys and get some advice when I need it. I'm really glad to know you all, and look forward to getting to know you guys better soon.

Hey this doesn't have to do with colors or skins
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #113
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

wait what's all this about custom user titles
Old 07-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #114
deoxys
Fog Badge

Despite being like a week late, I feel obligated to drop in and say once again, thank you, UPN, and thank you Kuno. Even if I'm only on sporadically these days, I know I could never actually leave. UPN was big part of my upbringing through my tween and teen years, and since I joined when I was 13 in June 2003, I just passed my 11th anniversary of being on the site. The friendships I've made here are real, and they have and will continue to be an important part of my life for the foreseeable future as I continue to grow older.

I love you guys <3

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #115
halloweenjack
King of the Pumpkin Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon View Post
Return of Green, Green Croobie when?
Whenever I come out of retirement.

encores at 2 and 6™
-halloweenjack©