UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 09:41 PM   #101
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Schala: The chaos inadvertently caused by Ulysses, the toppled shelf, the potentially ruined books and the angry footsteps of the old librarian all send you into a panic, triggering your most basic of instincts and forcing you to flee the scene to the only place you can think of - the strange door the old woman was seemingly so intent on you never opening. Oh well... that's just one more thing she'll hate you for.

It takes a while for you to settle down, but eventually, your tears begin to dry up. Ulysses looks at you with visible concern, and no small amount of guilt over what happened back there. But more importantly, it seems the old woman hasn't given chase - or maybe she couldn't. As it turns out, it seems you did manage to lock the door in your panicked frenzy.

Looking ahead, you see nothing but a long wooden staircase leading down into unseen depths; candles light up the walls along the downwards path, indicating someone has been handling the path's maintenance at least. With nowhere else to go, you take Ulysses in your arms down the stairwell, wooden planks creaking as you go. Erebos, too, is following you, though you can't see him...

The further down you go, the heavier the atmosphere becomes, and the scent of mold fills the stagnant air. When the staircase finally ends, after what feels like hours of descending, you find yourself in a decidedly curious location, a tiny room that you never imagined existed in the sumptuous library.

The area is small for a human, forcing you to bend over slightly to avoid banging your head on the ceiling. Wooden shelves line the four walls of the room, and are filled to the top with dusty, archaic-looking scrolls. Are those... papyrus?!

Particularly interesting, though, is what you find in the middle of the room: a tiny wooden table with a burning candle, a small stool and, sitting upon it... a lovely-looking !

The black cat stares at you with a curious expression, then at Ulysses, and finally at a nearby wall, as if it knows where Erebos is. Then, it dips its claw into a small inkwell, and begins to scribble on the piece of paper in front of it. When it finishes, it turns the paper around and pushes it slightly towards you. Your eyes shift from the Litten to the paper's contents, and widen at what they see...

"Pleased to meet you. Did you blow up my library?"
Schala sits against the door and cries until she runs out of tears. She wipes at her tearstained face with one hand, holding Ulysses with the other. He’s watching her. He’s probably been watching her and feeling guilty her entire breakdown.

She sniffs. “It wasn’t your fault, well not any more than mine.” She whispers. “I should have thought about how heavy the ladder would be.”

He doesn’t look particularly convinced, even as she insists on taking part of the blame. Regardless, she isn't ready to let him go, and he doesn’t seem to mind. Or is at least too guilty to protest the stuffed animal treatment.

Her attention drifts to the contents of the room, or rather, to the stairwell. Lit by flickering torches, a set of stairs descends in front of her. There’s no other path but back, and facing the librarian after entering the locked door and knocking over a shelf isn’t an option. Down we go.

“Let’s go.” She says, voice still a bit watery from the tears, to both the Rufflet in her arms and the Gastly hovering somewhere to her left (at least judging by the cold).

She descends. For a time, the only sounds are her sniffles, her footsteps, and the creak of the stairs. The air smells of mildew, and hangs heavy around the group, weighed down by the earlier events.

The stairs end in a tiny room that Schala has to duck to stand in. The walls are covered in shelves piled high with what appears to be dusty papyrus scrolls. In most circumstances, she would have been very interested in what those scrolls are, and what they held. But she’s already damaged enough library property to risk damaging what might be priceless artifacts.

Especially when there’s someone else already in the room.

Seated at a small wooden table at the rooms center, illuminated by a flickering candle, is a Pokemon. It studies the trainer, the Rufflet she is clutching, and a spot on the wall where an invisible Erebos likely floats, before scratching out a message with ink dipped claws on a stray piece of parchment.

Schala glances at the words written there in surprise. "Pleased to meet you. Did you blow up my library?" She reads out loud, and then looks up at the Litten watching expectantly.

Ulysses wilts a bit at the second sentence, and Schala can’t help but feel another pang of guilt.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” She starts, and then continues after a small pause of hesitation. “I’m not sure if a bookcase knocked over accidentally counts as blowing up the library, but that was our fault. Sorry.”

It is easier to apologize to the smaller, calm and quiet Pokemon sitting before her than the librarian, even if she definitely owed that woman an apology as well. Working up the courage to go near the librarian again feels like an impossible task, anyway. Getting an apology out makes her feel a bit better, at least.

The strange room and the wording of the note prods at her curiosity until she can’t help but ask “What is this room? And what do you mean by your library? Who are you?”

(Member Post; Memakyu)
Old 01-28-2018, 05:49 AM   #102
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

morningstar: Snivy’s eyes remained locked on the floor as you speak, and for a moment, you wonder if it heard a single word. A long silence follows your vow to take down the criminal, tense and uncomfortable; the snake remains unmoving, as if nothing in the world matters anymore, to the point where you briefly consider that going on alone, without Snivy, might be your only remaining option.

Until…

A vine is released from beneath Snivy’s collar, and it stretches towards you. The rope-like plant makes its way into your Bag, and retrieves a Pokéball from within, all as Snivy keeps staring at the floor – though something in its eyes has definitely changed. Without your input or consent, the Grass-Type pulls the vacant Ball close and taps it on the forehead, forcing itself inside the device!

The Ball shakes once, twice… three times, and clicks shut! But a mere moment later, Snivy breaks free on its own, staring at you with a fiery determination, its spirit renewed by your words and by the vow it unilaterally made to see this through to the end… as your partner.

Congratulations! You’ve… well, a Level 16 Male Snivy has just captured itself! It knows the Egg Moves Glare and Magical Leaf.

Although unexpected, you’ve come to understand Snivy’s actions quite well over the course of this adventure – an extremely pragmatic and practical creature, it knows the best way to avenge his old friend is to ally with a new one. Something tells you Snivy hasn’t made this choice out of sentimentality, but out of need… who knows, however, if after all’s said and done, he won’t actually want to remain by your side? For now, it seems to be more of a means to an end…

The Grass-Type runs back out of the room, and once more heads straight to the Refrigeration Unit, fuelled by a thirst for revenge against the Seviper that dwells within. But is he really prepared to face the enemy, and the sight of his deceased companion? He will need all the help you and Mille can give him now!

Schala: You can’t be sure if the cat is listening to you or not. Its yellow eyes constantly shift between you, your Rufflet and the scrolls on and around its little desk, as if nothing can capture its attention for long. It licks its fur, waggles its tail and readjusts its position on the wooden bench several times, but when it finally settles down and begins to write again using the tip of its claw to draw each letter with the care of a monk, you realize he’s been listening all along.

You pick up the parchment it hands you, and glance through the words. Once again, it’s hard to believe… is all this really being written by a cat?!

"I assume the old human had a stroke. I wish I was there to see it," you read. "As for me, I am myself. Back then, humans referred to me by a variety of names, from "stray cat" to "little devil" to just "Litten". They could not seem to make up their minds."

A long silence follows, and you realize Litten is staring off into space smiling, lost in its own thoughts that possibly involve the elder collapsing from shock at the sight of the fallen bookshelves. Then, remembering it had forgotten to answer your remaining questions, the cat suddenly comes back to reality and quickly writes another note, which it then hands to you while grinning strangely.

"This room is... solitary confinement? The old human has kept me locked in here for ten years, three months, twelve days and sixteen hours. She wants to prevent me from reclaiming my library, which she stole from me, on grounds that she is a human and therefore more fitting for the job. I recall her saying that her family has looked after this building for the past four generations... but my family has owned the library for twenty six generations."

The cat smiles at you, as if you believing its story is a foregone conclusion. It seems to think of you as an ally without even having asked you anything. And then, it writes yet another note.

"A large maze of tunnels runs underground from this room, the old corridors of the very first library that once stood here - now swallowed by the earth, lost and forgotten to all but myself. Somewhere inside is a document that details my entire lineage, and with it I can reclaim what is rightfully mine. Now, do not let me down and solve me this little riddle to get us started, will you? Look around this room and bring me a book - any book - written by the human who once said that charm is the way of obtaining "yes" for an answer without needing to ask the question. It feels appropriate."
Old 01-28-2018, 05:30 PM   #103
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Quote:
morningstar: Snivy’s eyes remained locked on the floor as you speak, and for a moment, you wonder if it heard a single word. A long silence follows your vow to take down the criminal, tense and uncomfortable; the snake remains unmoving, as if nothing in the world matters anymore, to the point where you briefly consider that going on alone, without Snivy, might be your only remaining option.

Until…

A vine is released from beneath Snivy’s collar, and it stretches towards you. The rope-like plant makes its way into your Bag, and retrieves a Pokéball from within, all as Snivy keeps staring at the floor – though something in its eyes has definitely changed. Without your input or consent, the Grass-Type pulls the vacant Ball close and taps it on the forehead, forcing itself inside the device!

The Ball shakes once, twice… three times, and clicks shut! But a mere moment later, Snivy breaks free on its own, staring at you with a fiery determination, its spirit renewed by your words and by the vow it unilaterally made to see this through to the end… as your partner.

Congratulations! You’ve… well, a Level 16 Male Snivy has just captured itself! It knows the Egg Moves Glare and Magical Leaf.

Although unexpected, you’ve come to understand Snivy’s actions quite well over the course of this adventure – an extremely pragmatic and practical creature, it knows the best way to avenge his old friend is to ally with a new one. Something tells you Snivy hasn’t made this choice out of sentimentality, but out of need… who knows, however, if after all’s said and done, he won’t actually want to remain by your side? For now, it seems to be more of a means to an end…

The Grass-Type runs back out of the room, and once more heads straight to the Refrigeration Unit, fuelled by a thirst for revenge against the Seviper that dwells within. But is he really prepared to face the enemy, and the sight of his deceased companion? He will need all the help you and Mille can give him now!

There was silence, and Athena slowly looked at Snivy. Her confidence from before began to fade. The Grass-type must have realized she was putting on a façade. Who was she kidding... A novice trainer like her should have never gotten into this situation. She bit her lip to stop herself from crying, looking down in shame.

"Gu?" Mille remarked as Snivy suddenly stretched out a vine and rummaged through Athena's backpack. She watched him intently, ready to stop him if he tried to hurt her trainer in some kind of retaliation for what had happened to his own trainer. It pulls out a Pokeball, and Athena looked up at the noise. She watched as Snivy disappeared into the ball on its own volition. Mille and Athena said nothing, just looked at each other in confusion. The ball clicked, then burst open again. Snivy stood there, looking determined. Athena picked up the ball and looked at it.

"You..." Athena stared Snivy in the eyes. "Snivy!" Now she was crying. Snivy did trust her. The trainer held her arms out and tried to give Snivy a hug, but he was already running out of the room, back to where Seviper was.
"Mille-yyyy," Athena sobbed, trying to get a hug from her Stufful instead. Mille placed a paw up to push Athena's face away, annoyed at the snot and tears that her trainer was getting on her. Mille scampered out of the room after their new teammate, focusing her energy with Bide so she could help out as soon as they got back to the Refrigeration Unit. Athena took a moment to wipe her tears and collect herself. As she hurried to the next room, she took a look at her Pokedex to find out what kind of moves Snivy had, maybe she could figure out some kind of strategy.

Claiming my Lv. 16 Male Snivy! Gonna leave him unnamed until it makes sense narratively to name him. Declaring his ability as Contrary though. Thank you Mask!!!

Old 02-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #104
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

morningstar: You and Mille catch up to Snivy, who has stopped a few inches away from where the sensor would cause the Refrigeration Unit’s door to open. Another step, and the iron barrier will move to the side; beyond it is Seviper… and the corpse of Snivy’s former Trainer.

The snake is taking a moment to calm down and regain his usual composure, but you can tell it’s hard for him. You have no idea how long he and the Guard had been together, but it’s obvious his death was quite the blow to Snivy’s confidence. Now, his spirit partially restored, the Grass-Type has revenge on his mind, but even that burning desire is not enough to prevent Snivy from faltering at the last minute.

However, once he sees you’ve joined him, he smiles faintly, seeming relieved that you haven’t abandoned him. And with that, he steps forward, and the metal door slides open.

“Sssssssssss….”

The satisfied hissing welcomes the three of you. Seviper remains coiled around the cold body of the guard, red eyes firmly locked on Snivy and a vile, taunting grin, as if it knew he would return. It takes you a while to understand that the black viper is actually trying to pin Snivy in place with a Glare, but it seems completely ineffective, as Snivy is fighting back with a Glare of his own, resulting in a stalemate of iron wills…

Once the foe understands intimidation is futile, it unwraps itself from around the corpse, and prepares to go on the offensive. Despite Mille Biding her time, Seviper doesn’t seem the least bit interested in her, instead focusing completely on Snivy; the Grass-Type, in turn, doesn’t seem to want to face Seviper in a direct clash right away, his own eyes having shifted to his former Trainer. Following his gaze with your own, you realize Snivy’s attention rests on the dead man’s bracelet, though you can’t make out any more details from where you’re standing...

Suddenly, Seviper lunges in for a Bite, which Snivy just narrowly dodges, but quick as a black lightning, the enemy coils around itself and spits out a blob of Venoshock which explodes on contact with the Grass snake, sending it tumbling across the floor of the Refrigeration Unit!

The battle has begun! What will you do?!
Old 02-12-2018, 10:49 PM   #105
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
OkikuMew: Calling out your strategy, you see your two Eevee switch places. Lune hangs back, digging her paws into the beach and kicking a cloud of Sand at the Mareanie. Soleil, meanwhile, takes this distraction to lunge into melee range Quickly ramming bodily into the starfish Pokémon. Knocked backwards yet again, the Mareanie bares its teeth at Soleil, rushing forward to Peck at Soleil with its central stinger. It seems your plan has worked so far; the Poison-type’s attention is focused on your more serious Eevee. Soleil steels herself, taking the hit and only sliding back a foot, more from a lack of traction than anything else. Granted the perfect opening, Soleil quickly Bites down into the damp arm of the Mareanie. Her teeth sink into the slick flesh, and Soleil dips down, ready to heave her haul back where it came…

As the battle grows to a climax, you force yourself to stop overthinking. Crouch down towards the coral Pokémon’s level, you slip a Heal Ball from your bag and make an appeal to the creature - giving it the offer of joining you. For a long moment, the timid Corsola’s gaze jerks between the pink ball in your hand and the scuffle evolving closer to the water’s edge. From where her tiny arm has gripped your pantleg, you feel the frightful tremors that have been wracking her body begin to ease. The barest hint of a disbelieving smile appears on her face, almost as if she’s surprised something good might actually be happening to her. She seems to reach out - your sure of it - when a noise draws your attention and the Corsola’s as well.

With the sound not immediately familiar to you, the sharp, squelching rrrrip! is the only warning you receive before the Mareanie arcs above the ground away from you, falling into the shallow surf. For an instant, you still don’t grasp what made the noise, only to see as the Mareanie stands shakily a small hole in its rightmost appendage where you were sure a spike had been only seconds earlier. Soleil, for her part, seems as surprised as you as she hastily spits out onto the sand the once Poisonous Barb left behind .

A moment passes, then another, waiting for human or Pokémon to make a move. Silence descends, daring anyone to break it.

And break it does. The Mareanie makes a face, and a clearer expression you have never seen. It is a mix of loathing, of annoyance, of fatigue, laid plain across those purple features. So vile a look when put into words, it would be almost eloquent for the grimace to say “Man, fuck this shit.” Whipping its appendages about, the Mareanie lays down one last barrage of Toxic Spikes from its remaining spikes. It blows a raspberry at Soleil, ripper of spines, before turning tail and wiggling back into the water, vanishing from your sight.

At your side, the Corsola lets out a stammered cheer - clearly excited about this turn of events - only to soon morph back into the more familiar squeak of fear when boisterous clapping fills the air. While the Corsola rushes to use you as cover from this new sound, getting rather under your feet in the process, you turn to see an approaching man.

“Well done! Excellent battling,” the man praises as he nears, thick-looking arms providing the source of applause. Were it not for his height (nearly a foot taller than your own 5’6”) and his muscular build, he wouldn’t make such an imposing figure. Time has clearly affected him, between the wrinkles set into his tanned face and the grizzled mane of hair hidden underneath a white skipper’s cap. Nevertheless, from his spry appearance and the distinct laugh lines only just visible beneath the well-kept beard gracing his lower face, time definitely hasn’t gotten the better of him.

Talons sunk into the shoulder fabric of his waterproof jacket, a Wingull caws her agreement with her trainer, drawing a chuckle from his lips. “Oh ho, even Awilda here thinks so. Really, that was some quite clever strategy, particularly the bit in clearing the field of hazards. Though, maybe not-so-much for the beach itself,” he adds with a huff of laughter. “S’what caught my attention for your battle in the first place actually.

“Oh! Where are my manners. Name’s Thatcher, Henry Thatcher,” he says, extending a hand to shake as a sheepish grin crosses his face, “but most just call me Hank, miss. I’m the harbormaster at the docks over yonder. Retired, on paper, but that hasn’t seemed to stop me from coming back day after day,” Hank continues good-naturedly. By this point, Soleil and Lune have both successfully picked their way around the toxic spikes back to you, the former gingerly carrying the Poison Barb in its mouth, unsure what to do with it. Spotting the duo, Hank exclaims a soft “Oh!” and begins rummaging in his jacket pockets, bringing out three small, reddish spray bottles . “Here, miss, take these for your Eevee there. A few Super Potions should heal ‘em right as rain. Least I could do for you givin’ a spot of excitement on what’s shaping up to be a dreary day for me.” His face grows solemn at that, and he lets out a sigh. “Well, I best be on my way. Like I said, thanks for the entertaining battle, miss.” Nodding to your fishing rod, he adds, a grin returning, “Should you catch anything with that, be sure to let the futz manning the Fish Hut today know. He’s my knucklehead brother; he might even give you a little something extra if you tell ‘im I steered you his way.”

Throughout this all, you’re aware of a shaking behind your calves slow the longer nothing bad happens. By the time Hank turns to leave, the Corsola has calmed enough to peek out and stare at the harbormaster. Just as she does, Hank spots the timid little thing and stops, his gaze growing pensive as he takes in her bitten-off branches. “Say, that Corsola of yours there, it wouldn’t happen to be from the reef here, would it?”

*Lune and Soleil each gained 4 levels!*
OOC: Welcome back ^^ Sorry too for taking so long, I wanted to have the Snowdown campaign out of the way first ^^;
Well, the two Eevee has evolved now so… let’s pretend they were evolved all along, for the sake of clarity between the two, and movepools XD

As Mélina approached the Heal Ball, the Corsola looked pensive. She looked back and forth between the Pokéball and the ensuing fight. She was really nervous before, but she was quite more calm and trusting now. She had a really sweet smile which Mélina just couldn’t help but smiling back. The Coral Pokémon then looked at the pink ball a little longer than normal, and looked like she was just about to reach…!

When a sudden shriek and squish-like sound startled both Mélina and the Corsola. Before she even mutter a word, they witnessed the Mareanie fly off into the beach’s light waves. It took a few blinks before the trainer noticed that the Brutal Star seemed to be missing something on its body. Looking over Soleil, she had a spike in her mouth, which she, the moment she realise what she had between her teeth, disgustingly spat it out quickly on the sand. Everyone surprised and speechless, they all stared at each other for a few moments… until the mean marine Pokémon broke the silence with quite the nasty (but admittedly hilarious) look on its face, a new layer of Poison Spikes on the beach, a pulled raspberry (which Lune couldn’t help blowing one right back) and finally a splash back into the water.

The Corsola then cheered at the sight, finally safe from her predator. Her joy was suddenly interrupted though by a loud, slow clap, which she resumed to whimpering in fear and instinctively reached for Mélina’s jeans again.

Looking in the direction of the new sound, the trainer saw an old yet tall and well-built man with a Wingull on his shoulder, congratulating her on the battle that caught his attention. The young woman blushed, both for the praise and for the unfortunate state she left of the beach. He introduced himself as Henry Thatcher (although preferred to be called Hank), and his flying friend as Awilda. As a thanks for the entertainment the fight provided to him on what he described as a dreary day, the “retired” harbormaster gave Mélina three Super Potions to heal up the two Eevee evolutions. Shyly thanking him, she pocketed one into her backpack then bent down to Soleil and Lune’s level so she can use the other two spray bottles on each of them, all while picking up the Poison Barb Soleil ripped off earlier. As she called her eeveeolutions back to their respective Pokéballs, Hank then mentioned that she should drop by the local fish hut, and tell the owner, his brother, he sent her, for perhaps a little bonus of some kind.

Just as he was turning to leave though, he then noticed the little pink living coral hidden behind her. Surprised, he stopped in his tracks. “Say, that Corsola of yours there, it wouldn’t happen to be from the reef here, would it?”

“W-well, it’s not my Corsola per say, but yes, it did came from the reef. As a matter of fact,” the Kalosian explained, “it was what triggered the whole fight you saw! I was just fishin’, then my line started to pull, and I ended up pulling back and fished out the Corsola - with that Mareanie in hot pursuit, wanting its last branch for its brunch! I felt bad to the little one, so I defended it against its predator… and the rest is history.”

“...Say,” Mélina tilted her head, out of worry and curiosity, “is everything alright? You seem worried about something. Is there anything I can help? If it's about the Corsola, I'll be more than happy - I understand the circle of life and all, but I know that a Corsola with so little coral on its head ain't right.”

Picked up Poison Barb!

Picked up x1 Super Potion!

Soleil's level went from 28 to 32!

Lune's level went from 22 to 26!

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 02-12-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:46 PM   #106
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Quote:
morningstar: You and Mille catch up to Snivy, who has stopped a few inches away from where the sensor would cause the Refrigeration Unit’s door to open. Another step, and the iron barrier will move to the side; beyond it is Seviper… and the corpse of Snivy’s former Trainer.

The snake is taking a moment to calm down and regain his usual composure, but you can tell it’s hard for him. You have no idea how long he and the Guard had been together, but it’s obvious his death was quite the blow to Snivy’s confidence. Now, his spirit partially restored, the Grass-Type has revenge on his mind, but even that burning desire is not enough to prevent Snivy from faltering at the last minute.

However, once he sees you’ve joined him, he smiles faintly, seeming relieved that you haven’t abandoned him. And with that, he steps forward, and the metal door slides open.

“Sssssssssss….”

The satisfied hissing welcomes the three of you. Seviper remains coiled around the cold body of the guard, red eyes firmly locked on Snivy and a vile, taunting grin, as if it knew he would return. It takes you a while to understand that the black viper is actually trying to pin Snivy in place with a Glare, but it seems completely ineffective, as Snivy is fighting back with a Glare of his own, resulting in a stalemate of iron wills…

Once the foe understands intimidation is futile, it unwraps itself from around the corpse, and prepares to go on the offensive. Despite Mille Biding her time, Seviper doesn’t seem the least bit interested in her, instead focusing completely on Snivy; the Grass-Type, in turn, doesn’t seem to want to face Seviper in a direct clash right away, his own eyes having shifted to his former Trainer. Following his gaze with your own, you realize Snivy’s attention rests on the dead man’s bracelet, though you can’t make out any more details from where you’re standing...

Suddenly, Seviper lunges in for a Bite, which Snivy just narrowly dodges, but quick as a black lightning, the enemy coils around itself and spits out a blob of Venoshock which explodes on contact with the Grass snake, sending it tumbling across the floor of the Refrigeration Unit!

The battle has begun! What will you do?!

Once Athena caught up with her Pokemon, she made eye contact with Snivy. He looked a bit worried. Athena held up a confident fist and nodded. She was incredibly nervous too, her hands shaking a little, but she wanted to put on the bravest face she could. Mille shook her whole body and ruffled up her fur a bit. The Flailing Pokemon still looked like a stuffed toy, but the look on her face was at least a bit less friendly.

The door opened and presented them with that horrible scene again. Seviper was wrapped around the guard's body, all life drained from him. Athena swallowed and tried not to look at the dead man. Instead she watched the huge serpent Pokemon unwrap itself and go after Snivy. Though the little Grass Snake was fast enough to evade Seviper's first attack, he wasn't so lucky when it came to Venoshock. Athena winced as the super-effective Poison-type attack covered Snivy and sent him flying across the room.

"Mille!" Athena directed, pointing at Seviper. Mille ran at her opponent, planning to unlesah Bide as soon as she made contact with it. She hoped it would be enough of a distraction for her to make her way over to Snivy.
"Are you ok?" She called, still trying to stay relatively quiet. "If you can, use Growth to pump yourself up, then try Magical Leaf. Keep it away from me and Mille if you can, ok?" There was a clear type disadvantage here, it was risky for Snivy to get close to Seviper. Sticking with long ranged moves was probably their best chance.

With her directions given, Athena took a deep breath. She had always been told to never get in the middle of a Pokemon battle, but she had to do something. As soon as she saw a clear opening, she would go after the bracelet Snivy had his eye on.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #107
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

morningstar: It’ll take a coordinated effort to take down the powerful Seviper, who holds a distinct advantage over your newest partner... While Snivy proves to be nimble enough to dodge some of the enemy’s melee attacks, the black viper is resourceful enough to even the odds, and its attacks hit hard.

Knowing this, why isn’t Snivy giving this mighty foe his undivided attention? Is it the sight of his dead friend that is distracting him, or something else in particular? That is what you intend to find out, and in order to do that, you need to be able to move around the Refrigeration Unit without being attacked….

Snivy understands your plan, but Mille seems to be more at a loss. After a while of seeing the two snakes battle it out, the Stufful attempts to unleash her stored Bide, but… there was nothing to unleash. Instead, fuelled by your concern and the calmness of your voice, it is Snivy who brings the fight to Seviper, his elongated frame growing a bit larger to roughly match the size of his evolved form Servine, while the enemy – clearly enjoying the confrontation – Coils ominously, the calm before the storm. A flurry of rainbow leaves follows, flying towards the poisonous foe, and while some hit the intended target, others are skilfully swatted away by Poison Tail strikes of heightened accuracy.

As this stand-off continues, you and Mille cautiously make your way towards the man on the chair. Seviper doesn’t seem to notice, Snivy’s distraction proving highly effective, but when you reach your destination, you can’t help but flinch.
Before your eyes is a corpse, simply put. Inhumanly pale, lips with a blueish hue due to the cold of the Unit and the lack of blood, this is not a pleasant sight to behold, let alone something you want to touch. And yet, after a quick scan of the body, your eyes fall on the very thing that had grabbed Snivy’s attention earlier – the bracelet strapped to the guard’s lifeless left hand. It’s not an ordinary trinket at all: mustering up all your courage, you lift the man’s arm and confirm your suspicions... it’s a Z-Ring!

A thud in the background makes you look over your shoulder: Seviper has lunged forward and hit Snivy square in the chest with a Poison Tail, a blow the Grass-Type couldn’t avoid due to his increased bulk after using Growth. Snivy has been sent crashing against the wall, and Seviper slithers towards him with venom dripping from its fangs…

Suddenly, Mille demands your attention by lightly headbutting your leg. She urges you to take a closer look at the armband and act quickly; there’s a crystal attached to the Z-Ring! Your hand instinctively reaches for it and forces it loose, and after twirling it in your hand briefly, you conclude that you’ve obtained 1x Normalium Z!

Time is of the essence here, for Snivy’s sake… what will you do now?!

Last edited by Maskerade; 03-03-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:07 PM   #108
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Quote:
morningstar: It’ll take a coordinated effort to take down the powerful Seviper, who holds a distinct advantage over your newest partner... While Snivy proves to be nimble enough to dodge some of the enemy’s melee attacks, the black viper is resourceful enough to even the odds, and its attacks hit hard.

Knowing this, why isn’t Snivy giving this mighty foe his undivided attention? Is it the sight of his dead friend that is distracting him, or something else in particular? That is what you intend to find out, and in order to do that, you need to be able to move around the Refrigeration Unit without being attacked….

Snivy understands your plan, but Mille seems to be more at a loss. After a while of seeing the two snakes battle it out, the Stufful attempts to unleash her stored Bide, but… there was nothing to unleash. Instead, fuelled by your concern and the calmness of your voice, it is Snivy who brings the fight to Seviper, his elongated frame growing a bit larger to roughly match the size of his evolved form Servine, while the enemy – clearly enjoying the confrontation – Coils ominously, the calm before the storm. A flurry of rainbow leaves follows, flying towards the poisonous foe, and while some hit the intended target, others are skilfully swatted away by Poison Tail strikes of heightened accuracy.

As this stand-off continues, you and Mille cautiously make your way towards the man on the chair. Seviper doesn’t seem to notice, Snivy’s distraction proving highly effective, but when you reach your destination, you can’t help but flinch.
Before your eyes is a corpse, simply put. Inhumanly pale, lips with a blueish hue due to the cold of the Unit and the lack of blood, this is not a pleasant sight to behold, let alone something you want to touch. And yet, after a quick scan of the body, your eyes fall on the very thing that had grabbed Snivy’s attention earlier – the bracelet strapped to the guard’s lifeless left hand. It’s not an ordinary trinket at all: mustering up all your courage, you lift the man’s arm and confirm your suspicions... it’s a Z-Ring!

A thud in the background makes you look over your shoulder: Seviper has lunged forward and hit Snivy square in the chest with a Poison Tail, a blow the Grass-Type couldn’t avoid due to his increased bulk after using Growth. Snivy has been sent crashing against the wall, and Seviper slithers towards him with venom dripping from its fangs…

Suddenly, Mille demands your attention by lightly headbutting your leg. She urges you to take a closer look at the armband and act quickly; there’s a crystal attached to the Z-Ring! Your hand instinctively reaches for it and forces it loose, and after twirling it in your hand briefly, you conclude that you’ve obtained 1x Normalium Z!

Time is of the essence here, for Snivy’s sake… what will you do now?!

Mille looked worriedly at her trainer as her move failed. Athena frowned but then beckoned the Stufful to follow her as she went through with the rest of their plan. She slowly made her across thre room to the man's body in the chair. She was glad her socked feet made her footsteps almost silent, but this floor was cold! Out of the corner of her eye, glittering, colorful petals let her know that Snivy was still doing ok.

Athena and Mille reached the chair. She couldn't help but look at the man's face. Pale and in permanent pain from the bite that took his life. She gritted her teeth, refocusing to look at the bracelet on the man's wrist. With a nod from Mille, she gently twisted the guard's arm to get a closer look. She was surprised to see that it was almost identical to her own.

The THUD made Athena instinctively look over her shoulder. Snivy was thrown back by Seviper, and as the Grass Snake Pokemon tried to recover, Seviper was quickly closing the distance. The sensation of Mille's stuffed head against her leg (the most gentle interaction she'd had with the bear) brought her attention to what was actually on the Z-Ring. A clear crystal with circles indented in it. Athena looked to her Stufful, who seemed to radiate with a similar energy to the crystal. Mille nodded.

"Ok, I think we can use this with just a basic Tackle," Athena told Mille after a little fumbling to get the Z-crystal into the ring around her own wrist. After receiving her first crystal on Springtide Isle, Athena had watched a couple videos of Alolans performing various Z-Moves. She only hoped she could correctly remember the dance for this one. The trainer crossed her arms infront of herself, then circled them outward. Mille became surrounded with a powerfl aura as Athena brought her arms forward in the final part of the pose, framing her face and torso. Though she had only been with Snivy for at most a few hours, she felt protective of him. Mille felt the same, and couldn't wait to slam into the Seviper with a Breakneck Blitz.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:30 AM   #109
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

morningstar:

You understand that, unless you make a move now, Snivy is in great danger. And as such, despite your inexperience, you decide to tap into Mille's Z-Power with your newfound crystal! Remembering the necessary motions even in such a stressful situation, you manage to awaken the Stufful's latent potential, and before you know it, Mille is enveloped in a powerful light!

Seviper, in turn, is not oblivious to the sudden outburst of energy, even with its back turned. Sensing a vast increase in power, it stops in its tracks and shifts its attention to the bear, intent on stopping her before the Breakneck Blitz is unleashed! It coils and hisses, and prepares to lunge forward... until it finds itself completely wrapped in a web of vines!

Panting, hurting from his injuries, Snivy has till managed to immobilize Seviper. Using all of his remaining strength, he tries his absolute best to pin the foe in place, while Seviper flails wildly in an attempt to break free. Slowly, the vines' grip begins to loosen under the raw strength of the viper... but just then, like an oversized bullet, Mille slams into the enemy coated in an armour of light, and sends it flying against the wall right next to Snivy!

When the dust settles, Seviper lies motionless on the ground, completely knocked out, and Snivy greets you with a victorious, albeit exhausted smile.

*Snivy has gained 3 Levels!*
*Mille has gained 4 Levels!*

The grass serpent forces himself back to his feet, and slowly walks over to his old Trainer, resting lifeless on the chair. He stares at the man for a full minute in silence, fighting back tears, and then turns to you with a determined stare. All that's left is to pin down and defeat the criminal responsible for all this - and you'll do it together!

Snivy recreates the map for you one more time with his leaves, then waits for your next instruction...

What will you do now?
Old 03-29-2018, 02:46 PM   #110
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Quote:
morningstar:

You understand that, unless you make a move now, Snivy is in great danger. And as such, despite your inexperience, you decide to tap into Mille's Z-Power with your newfound crystal! Remembering the necessary motions even in such a stressful situation, you manage to awaken the Stufful's latent potential, and before you know it, Mille is enveloped in a powerful light!

Seviper, in turn, is not oblivious to the sudden outburst of energy, even with its back turned. Sensing a vast increase in power, it stops in its tracks and shifts its attention to the bear, intent on stopping her before the Breakneck Blitz is unleashed! It coils and hisses, and prepares to lunge forward... until it finds itself completely wrapped in a web of vines!

Panting, hurting from his injuries, Snivy has till managed to immobilize Seviper. Using all of his remaining strength, he tries his absolute best to pin the foe in place, while Seviper flails wildly in an attempt to break free. Slowly, the vines' grip begins to loosen under the raw strength of the viper... but just then, like an oversized bullet, Mille slams into the enemy coated in an armour of light, and sends it flying against the wall right next to Snivy!

When the dust settles, Seviper lies motionless on the ground, completely knocked out, and Snivy greets you with a victorious, albeit exhausted smile.

*Snivy has gained 3 Levels!*
*Mille has gained 4 Levels!*

The grass serpent forces himself back to his feet, and slowly walks over to his old Trainer, resting lifeless on the chair. He stares at the man for a full minute in silence, fighting back tears, and then turns to you with a determined stare. All that's left is to pin down and defeat the criminal responsible for all this - and you'll do it together!

Snivy recreates the map for you one more time with his leaves, then waits for your next instruction...

What will you do now?

Seviper's attention was pulled away from Snivy. Good. Athena thought. She was worried what would happen if the poisonous snake had another chance to strike Snivy. Mille rears up, ready to charge into her opponent with Breakneck speed. Athena gritted her teeth. If Seviper dogded this, Mille would go right into the wall, and she knew that they were definitely slower than it. Snivy, determined as always, used all of his strength to keep Seviper in place, allowing Mille to begin barreling forward undeterred. The two snake Pokemon struggled, and Athena held her breath until Mille smashed into Seviper hard. The three of them watched in silence for several moments until they were sure it had stopped moving.

Mille shook herself off as Athena ran to her. Before the trainer could bend down to pick her Pokemon up, the Stufful made meaningful eye contact that made Athena change her mind and instead reach a hand out for a high five. Mille laid her soft paw on Athena's outstreched hand.
"Gu!" She cheered. The two of them approached Snivy, who was quietly mourning his lost trainer.
"Thank you for your help..." Athena whispered solemnly. She bowed her head in respect. She looked to Snivy. Now that they had defeated Seviper, what did he want to do? Would he still want to go through with rescuing the rest of the hostages?
"Snivy, I-" but the Grass Snake was already whipping up leaves, creating the map from earlier. The poor thing had tears in its eyes, but looked energized as ever. Athena looked over the map and nodded. She pointed to the room on the upper right. If they were lucky, Seviper was this criminal's strongest Pokemon that they left to take care of the guard. She hoped they could make a beeline for the hostage room, and take down weaker enemies along the way.

As she got herself together to continue on with Snivy and Mille, she focused on listening to the rest of the cannery. It had been so quiet, were the police even still outside?

Mille grew to level 13!
Mille learned Baby Doll Eyes!
Feeding a rare candy to Mille so I can make this happen:
Mille grew to level 14!
Mille learned Brutal Swing!!

Snivy grew to level 22!
Snivy learned Leech Seed!
Snivy learned Mega Drain!

Old 04-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #111
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

morningstar:

This could be your big break - Seviper was powerful enough to have been chosen by the criminal to keep watch over the guard, so there is a good chance it was the strongest enemy you'll have to face going forward!

And speaking of going forward, that's exactly what you intend to do. Snivy nods at your choice of route, the room up ahead to your right past the corridor where you first met Sableye. If all goes according to plan, you can topple the enemy keeping guard over that room and proceed quickly to the main hub where hostages are being kept...

The walk towards the room is uneventful, now that the pathway has been cleared of foes - although, in hindsight, neither the Alolan Geodude nor the Sableye were half as scary as Seviper. When the three of you reach the door to the intended room, it too slides open as you approach with no foul surprises.

"Sni... Snivy," your Grass companions mutters as he looks around the small rectangular division, clearly suspicious of something. And, as you scan the room yourself, it's hard not to feel the same way - it is completely empty! No tables, chairs or computers like the other room, no storage crates or fish tanks either. Just... emptiness. Didn't Snivy say there was an enemy in this area too? It seemed that way in the map he'd made...

Mille seems bored, but neither you nor Snivy can quite relax enough to drop your guard. Snivy seems just as confused as you are, having mentally prepared himself for the upcoming confrontation. Instead, you are greeted with a lifeless room, where the only thing to do seems to be moving on towards the sliding door on the far wall towards the last stretch of corridor before the hostage room.

Apprehensively, Snivy glances at you from over his shoulder before going ahead and approaching the door. This one, however, does not open. Are the motion sensors malfunctioning?
Looking over to the left of the door, Snivy finds a panel with numbered buttons and a display. Mentally scolding himself, he extends a vine and inputs the universal code his former companion always used to bypass this kind of malfunction... but the door still won't budge. Worse still: a "^__^" appears on the display, and a strong electrical current is discharged from the control panel through Snivy's vine, zapping the surprised Grass-Type who takes a while to shake off the hit!

Something strange is going on here... Any ideas?!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:47 AM   #112
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Quote:
morningstar:

This could be your big break - Seviper was powerful enough to have been chosen by the criminal to keep watch over the guard, so there is a good chance it was the strongest enemy you'll have to face going forward!

And speaking of going forward, that's exactly what you intend to do. Snivy nods at your choice of route, the room up ahead to your right past the corridor where you first met Sableye. If all goes according to plan, you can topple the enemy keeping guard over that room and proceed quickly to the main hub where hostages are being kept...

The walk towards the room is uneventful, now that the pathway has been cleared of foes - although, in hindsight, neither the Alolan Geodude nor the Sableye were half as scary as Seviper. When the three of you reach the door to the intended room, it too slides open as you approach with no foul surprises.

"Sni... Snivy," your Grass companions mutters as he looks around the small rectangular division, clearly suspicious of something. And, as you scan the room yourself, it's hard not to feel the same way - it is completely empty! No tables, chairs or computers like the other room, no storage crates or fish tanks either. Just... emptiness. Didn't Snivy say there was an enemy in this area too? It seemed that way in the map he'd made...

Mille seems bored, but neither you nor Snivy can quite relax enough to drop your guard. Snivy seems just as confused as you are, having mentally prepared himself for the upcoming confrontation. Instead, you are greeted with a lifeless room, where the only thing to do seems to be moving on towards the sliding door on the far wall towards the last stretch of corridor before the hostage room.

Apprehensively, Snivy glances at you from over his shoulder before going ahead and approaching the door. This one, however, does not open. Are the motion sensors malfunctioning?
Looking over to the left of the door, Snivy finds a panel with numbered buttons and a display. Mentally scolding himself, he extends a vine and inputs the universal code his former companion always used to bypass this kind of malfunction... but the door still won't budge. Worse still: a "^__^" appears on the display, and a strong electrical current is discharged from the control panel through Snivy's vine, zapping the surprised Grass-Type who takes a while to shake off the hit!

Something strange is going on here... Any ideas?!

Athena and Mille padded after Snivy, watching the Grass Snake Pokemon wind back and forth as it ran. Athena slowed as they approached the room, sticking to the wall to avoid being seen. Snivy went first, followed cautiously by Mille and their trainer. Snivy scanned the room, knowing exactly where to check for any enemies waiting to ambush. Mille follows him around the room, sniffing ocassionally before settling on staring at the ceiling, wondering if they could leave soon.

Athena nodded to Snivy once he made the motion that it was time to move on. The small Grass type approached the closed door at the other end of the room. Mille pawed at the door then jumped at it, trying to activate the motion sensor.

"Do you know-" Athena started to whisper, but Snivy had already started typing in the code for the door. He entered the code, but the door was as still as ever. Suddely, a burst of electricity attacked Snivy, sending him reeling away from the door. A cute face popped up on the control panel, Athena scoffed. Was this thing taunting them?

Wanting to avoid any more electric shocks, Athena and Mille distanced themselves from the control panel.
"Snivy, you ok?" Athena asked. The Grass type shook himself off. "This has got to be another Pokemon. Maybe we can draw it out? Try attacking that control panel with Magical Leaf!" Snivy nodded and whipped up several colorful in preparation.
"Millie," Athena acknowledged her other Pokemon. "Once you see whatever this thing is, hit it with Brutal Swing!"

Old 08-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #113
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

morningstar:

The control panel is clearly trying to be cute – a statement you never thought you’d make, but here we are. You reason there must be some kind of creature controlling the malfunctioning system, which would explain why Snivy’s code did not work and why the poor snake was zapped maliciously in return…

Snivy seems to agree with you, while Millie seems a little more confused as to why you would go to war with a door. The bear sits down to watch the curious display, while Snivy summons a rainbow of leaves and launches them at the control panel! Several of the blade-like projectiles pierce and lodge themselves in the mechanism, causing a burst of electricity to be released – and sure enough, a Pokemon materializes soon afterwards in an eerie fit of laughter: its body, made of pure energy, glows orange with an electric-blue aura surrounding it. You might have already suspected, but the enemy in this room turns out to be a Rotom!

Finally catching up to your thought process, your Stufful gladly springs to action, ready to bring the fight to this ghost with an aptly-chosen Dark powered Brutal Swing. Millie launches herself at the foe, ready to bite down and toss it across the room, but as she tries to make contact with her fangs, she finds herself being shocked instead! As it turns out, it’s physically impossible to grab and throw a being made entirely of plasma…

Chuckling once more – the nerve! – Rotom zips across the room, reaching such speed in its movements that it leaves behind at least six mirror images of itself, all staring at your team with their annoying “^_^” faces. Well, at least you know what you’re dealing with now… what will you do?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records