UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2020, 11:01 AM   #26
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Another ACROBATICS (110 BP with no held item)!
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:53 PM   #27
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The whole family watched the Present warily, but as it turned out, they had no need to worry; the festive gift box blew up on contact with the shield, damaging said barrier effectively. Keith exhaled in relief- he knew Present was, to put it mildly, a real gamble of a move, and was never able to find out what would happen if a Present destined for healing purposes was thrown at a Dynamaxed Pokémon's shield (despite having asked around several times by this point).

And all the while, the song continued as Stantler proceeded to attack once more- a Hypnosis to lull the Sudowoodo to sleep; a powerful Max Strike that hit Marvolo hard; and yet another Round, this one targeting the Breloom. "Marv, you OK?" Keith called.

"Of course!" Marvolo hissed in response. "It'll take more than that to stop me. Now we should hurry up here- I get the feeling that Rudolph might start fighting more seriously once the song is over!"

Keith nodded. "Right," he agreed. "Then use Focus Blast!"

Maribel looked on in silence as Marvolo let fly another Focus Blast. The Present from before was still on her mind, not to mention just how much this whole thing seemed to matter to Marvolo, beyond simply the prospect of victory, which seemed to be the primary motivator behind his battling usually. And their opponent... she'd initially laughed off the idea of that Stantler being the actual Rudolph, but the fact that the song was being almost magically piped right into her mind via the Stantler's use of Round... it was all adding up to what she thought was a frankly ridiculous idea, and yet, as she considered it, it was already starting to seem less ridiculous from what she'd seen thus far today.

OOC: Marvolo used Focus Blast (120 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-13-2020 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:24 PM   #28
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Dynamax Boss Rudolph the Red-Nosed Stantler
★★★★

Health Gauge: 54%
Shields Up: 0
Raiders: Reflect (2 Turns Remaining)
KOs: 1

Attack 1: Max Airstream (130 BP)
KG, Pinsir: 85 HP

Attack 2: Swift (60 BP)
emp, Breloom: 230 HP
KG, Pinsir: 0 HP [KO'd]
Connor, SUdowoodo: 97 HP
myahoo, Sableye: Immune

Attack 3: Hypnosis (0 BP)
Yuki, Drifloon: Drifloon has fallen asleep!

Raid Challengers:
  • MM, Seviper: 215 HP
  • Emp, Breloom: 230 HP (+1 Def)
  • KG, Pinsir: 0 HP [KO'D, Fully Recovers in 1 Round]
  • Yuki, Drifloon: 300 HP (+1 Def, Asleep [2 Turns remaining])
  • Gary, Stantler: 500 HP
  • Connor, Sudowoodo: 97 HP (-2 Spd, Asleep [1 Turn Remaining])
  • myahoo, Sableye: 400 HP (+1 Def)
  • Med, Lairon: 400 HP (+1 Def)

With one of their allies falling asleep, the rest of the crew continue their assault against the Stantler. THing seems to going well, but Stantler seems to be getting more and more fired up. It lets out a Max Airstream, whipping up some of the snow and dealing a massive amount of damage to the weakened Pinsir. It then calls on the stars wth a Swift, dealing a massive amount of damage to three of the raiders and KO'ing the Pinsir. It then uses Hypnosis again, lulling the Drifloon into sleep. Its singing then continues.

♪Then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa came to say
"Rudolph, with your nose so bright
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"♪

What comes next once the song ends?
Dynamax Initiative:
Med, Lairon
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Tuesday, December 13th to place your order.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 12-12-2020 at 05:55 PM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:54 PM   #29
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Cheer for Sudowoodo.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:04 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Maribel was pondering this, Marvolo let loose another Focus Blast right at Rudolph, hissing his satisfaction as the move met its mark. He was far from the only one attacking here, either, but before long, the red-nosed Stantler started to attack once more. Now it let loose a Max Airstream that dealt some super effective damage to the Pinsir, then followed up with a Swift that, among other things, dealt a knockiut blow to that poor Pinsir. Finally, it let loose with Hypnosis once more, and this time it was the Drifloon who went to sleep.

"This isn't good if it keeps using Hypnosis," Willa murmured. "Suppose Marvolo's the next one to take one of those?"

"I'm not too worried- Marv knows Snore and Sleep Talk," Keith stated.

"Indeed, but neither of us has a Normalium Z," Willa persisted. "Suppose the opportunity for a Z-Move presents itself and Marvolo is asleep?"

"...Yeah, you're right, that is concerrning," Keith conceded. "Still, though, he's got Shed Skin, so I feel like the risk isn't as great as it could otherwise be... But yeah, definitely something to look out for," he nodded.

Maribel, meanwhile, was deep in thought. Growing up with her parents' Pokémon, she'd come to know them really well, and she knew that Marvolo, in spite of how proud and unfriendly he tended to come off as, was a Seviper with a big heart, said fact coming to light especially around the holidays, where he tended to get especially caught up in the Christmas spirit. Hell, her father even kept Marvolo in a Christmas Ball. And then all those stories Keith would tell her about the Seviper who saved Christmas, Marvolo tended to be present every time Keith would tell them as well. And for the longest time, Maribel always just thought that this had more to do with Marvolo's love for Christmas just in general. But now, she started to wonder- was he always listening to them to make sure that Keith got the details right? Electing to say no more on the matter right now, Maribel looked on to watch the battle continue to unfold.

"Let's keep it going! Focus Blast!" Keith was saying.

"Ssssevipah!" Marvolo hissed in response, letting fly yet another sphere of pure Fighting energy.

OOC: Marvolo used Focus Blast (120 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-13-2020 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:16 PM   #31
Emp
Volcano Badge

Black Belt boosted Drain Punch (75 BP)

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 10:48 PM   #32
myahoo
Soul Badge

Back to Brick Break (75 BP)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 11:45 PM   #33
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Zzzzz
Old 12-13-2020, 11:41 AM   #34
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Zen Headbutt (80 BP)

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:40 PM   #35
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Well. I guess this is is one way to make sure that nothing's stirring all through the night. Uh, let's just go for a Max Knuckle (based off of Reversal; 100 BP) to close the Dynamax off, then?
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:14 AM   #36
Lil'twick
Insanity

★★★★

Health Gauge: 47%
Shields Up: 4
Raiders: Reflect (1 Turn Remaining)
KOs: 1

Trainer Healing Summary:
Emp, Breloom: 342 HP

Attack 1: Max Quake (130 BP)
Connor, Sudowoodo: 91 HP

Attack 2: Earthquake (100 BP)
Yuki, Drifloon: Immune
Connor, SUdowoodo: 0 HP [KO'd]
myahoo, Sableye: 330 HP
Med, Lairon: 460 HP

Attack 3: Giga Impact (150 BP)
Emp, Breloom: 184 HP

Raid Challengers:
  • MM, Seviper: 215 HP
  • Emp, Breloom: 184 HP (+1 Def)
  • KG, Pinsir: 300 HP (Fully Recovered)
  • Yuki, Drifloon: 300 HP (+1 Def, Asleep [1 Turn remaining])
  • Gary, Stantler: 500 HP
  • Connor, Sudowoodo: 0 HP [KO'd, Fully Recovers in a Round)
  • myahoo, Sableye: 330 HP (+1 Def)
  • Med, Lairon: 306 HP (+1 Def)

The trainers continue to whittle away at the Stantler, making sure that its health, and shields, continue to go down. Of course, this doesn't stop the Stantler as it finishes its song.

♪Then how the reindeer loved him
As they shouted out with glee
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
You'll go down in history!♪

With its song done, a gleam appears in the Stantler's eye. It lets out a roar and instantly rains down earthen fury on the Sudowoodo. It then stomps on the marshmallow fields, shaking to the earth below and knocking out the fake tree, as well as damaging a few other mons. It then barrels into the Breloom with a Giga Impact, leaving a massive dent. Stantler has now truly awakened its power, and get ready to fear its wrath.
Dynamax Initiative:
Expired
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Friday, December 18th to place your order.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 12-16-2020, 07:16 AM   #37
Connor
Flashbacker

Cheering to break a shield.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:28 AM   #38
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Body Slam (85 BP) to break a shield
Old 12-16-2020, 10:51 PM   #39
myahoo
Soul Badge

Foul Play (95 BP)
Old 12-16-2020, 10:59 PM   #40
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

*keeps dreaming of sugarplums*
Old 12-17-2020, 03:54 AM   #41
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Psychic (90 BP)

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 12-17-2020, 07:27 AM   #42
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

To Marvolo's satisfaction, the move not only hit, but even forced the red-nosed Stantler to put up yet another shield. Keith and Willa exchanged looks and nods, the former adjusting the Z-Ring on his wrist while the others started chipping away at the barrier.

Before long, however, Rudolph made the song sound yet again, and this time, it was the conclusion of the song, after which the magical Christmas Stantler stopped screwing around. A forceful Max Quake, followed up by what was obviously its base move, a devastating Earthquake. The Sudowoodo was felled by this, after which the Breloom was smacked by a harsh Giga Impact.

"Now dat da song's done, it ain't messin' around no more," Meowth whimpered.

"No, indeed," Willa agreed.

"So, wait, if it was actually not at its full power until the song was over... then could it really be Rudolph?" murmured Maribel. "And Marvolo was so insistent on taking part in this, but he doesn't look the way he usually does in battle, does he...?" As she looked on, Maribel realized what it was she was seeing in the Seviper's eyes. It was something she'd seen in it before, when she was younger, and almost got cut on Marvolo's tail blade- a rare instance of genuine concern. "...Dad?" Maribel spoke up. "Those stories you would tell me about the Seviper who saved Christmas... they really happened, didn't they?"

Keith grinned broadly. "I knew you'd be able to piece it together in the end, sweetie," he replied. "And I take it you have a shrewd idea just who that Seviper is, too?"

"It's Marvolo, isn't it?" smiled Maribel. "He's saved Christmas before, and he's trying to do so again now, isn't he?"

Keith nodded. "He is indeed," he confirmed.

"Keith!" Willa exclaimed, pointing to Rudolph. Keith looked, just in time to see Gary's Stantler finish off the barrier with a Psychic attack.

"Right!" Keith nodded as Meowth jumped down off his shoulder. "Maribel, sweetie, watch us closely now," he added. With that, Keith, Willa, and Meowth crossed their arms before them (front legs in Meowth's case) in the starting position of any Z-Move pose.

"Prepare for trouble!" declared Willa.

"Make it double!" Keith added.

"Meowth, dat's right!" chimed in Meowth.

The trio then, to Maribel's wonderment, performed the set of poses that preceded any Z-Move poses, moving their arms/front legs up, out to their sides, and then crossed again in front of them, left wrist over right.

"He pulled the sleigh!" said Willa.

"He built the sleigh!" added Keith.

"He fought ta rescue Santa!" exclaimed Meowth.

"The Seviper who saved Christmas!" they exclaimed in unison as they pulled off picture-perfect Poisonium poses. Z-Power flooded out of the three of them and into the Fang Snake Pokémon before them, who hissed his satisfaction. He felt it- his Belch move getting powered up into something even stronger, something that would help them end this fight so that Rudolph would be in good condition to do his thing when the time came.

Keith and Willa exchanged grins, before turning back to face Marvolo. Together with Meowth, they cried out, "Acid Downpour, let's gooooo!!!"

Quote:

Marvolo surrounded itself with its Z-Power!

Marvolo unleashes its full-force Z-Move!

(190 BP; Base move is Belch (120 BP))

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-17-2020 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:12 AM   #43
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
Black Belt boosted Drain Punch (75 BP)

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:05 PM   #44
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Time to charge head-first into the acid-pool with a high-powered Head Smash (150 BP; Recoil negated by Rock Head)!

...You don't have to tell me that this is a poor idea on paper. At least Lairon's a Steel Type.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:13 PM   #45
Lil'twick
Insanity

★★★★

Health Gauge: 41%
Shields Up: 0
Status: -2 Def, -1 Sp. Def, Psychic Terrain (4 TUrns remaining)
Raiders: N/A
KOs: 3

Trainer Healing Summary:
Emp, Breloom: 306 HP

Attack 1: Max Mindstorm (130 BP)
Emp, Breloom: 111 HP

Attack 2: Psychic (90 BP)
Emp, Breloom: 0 HP [KO'd]

Attack 3: Earthquake (150 BP)
MM, Seviper: 95 HP
Gary, Stantler: 420 HP
myahoo, Sableye: 260 HP
Med, Lairon: 166 HP

Raid Challengers:
  • MM, Seviper: 95 HP
  • Emp, Breloom: 0 HP [KO'd, 1 Round to Fully Recover)
  • KG, Pinsir: 300 HP (Fully Recovered)
  • Yuki, Drifloon: 300 HP (+1 Def)
  • Gary, Stantler: 420 HP
  • Connor, Sudowoodo: 300 HP (Fully Recovered)
  • myahoo, Sableye: 260 HP (+1 Def)
  • Med, Lairon: 166 HP (+1 Def)

With its last set of shields down, and its song over, Stantler begins to switch to a heavy amount of offense. It shrugs off the Acide Downpour, not carring about the high powered poison mobe. Instead, it lets loose a Max Mindstorm, heavily damaging the Breloom. It then lets out a Psychic, which manages to finish off the Breloom. It then uses Earthquake, which does mroe damage to the Seviper, Lairon, and Sableye while scoring the first hit against its opposing Stantler. With the team's Reflect down, the boss is out for blood.
Dynamax Initiative:
Expired
  • You have until Sunday, December 20th to place your order.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 12-17-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:08 PM   #46
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Last Resort time (140 BP)

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 12-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #47
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Close Combat (120 BP)
Old 12-17-2020, 11:35 PM   #48
myahoo
Soul Badge

Foul Play (95 BP) again, I guess?
Old 12-18-2020, 12:31 AM   #49
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Well, that's one heck of a mind blow for the kinokoroo! I can't afford to do anything fancy here from the looks of things, so a simple Head Smash (150 BP; Recoil negated by Rock Head) will have to do for this Round as well.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:20 AM   #50
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Did you have a good nap, Blue? Now that we're back in business, it's time once again for ACROBATICS (110 BP with no held item)!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League